NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Championship 18 [RP/results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Nexus Racing HQ, Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
12th of October

Gertrude stands outside her old office for the briefest of moments. It is much the same as when she left it.

She purses her lips, a wave of nostalgia running over her. Her old office… It had made sense to move to Timothy’s, of course, so that Lucia could be here – it directly adjoins the workshop, after all, where her team is. Still, that team was once her own; this… This solidifies that. I adored working with these people.

Still do, a voice suspiciously like Vertilan’s sounds in her head.

The corner of Gertrude’s lips quirks up. She takes a breath, settling herself, then gives a knock at the door.

It slides open.

“Hey, Lucia.”

“Hi; come in.” Gertrude’s former second sits nestled within a swivelling chair, white-coloured and smoothly curved. Her desk is clear save for a picture frame turned towards her – away from the door – and a keyboard and dock for her tablet. The corkboard on which Gertrude’s myriad diagrams and images were held is gone (transported to her own new abode); in its place, a small projector on the ceiling beams new ones onto a magnetic whiteboard, links drawn in light and erasable ink.

It is nothing like when she was there – and it warms her heart.

Lucia bears a quiet smile. “Thank you for messaging ahead of this. I appreciate it.”

“Anyone would – kind thing to do.” Having stepped inside, Gertrude looks about… “Ah…”

“The right wall.”

“Ah – oh!” Gertrude lets out a bright laugh as she notices a set of disc-like objects leaning towards the side of the room, previously out of sight; she takes one up, pulling the halves apart and securing the telescoping rod between them in place. “I’ve been thinking about these for the team at large! The amount of space they’ll save…”

“Glad to help,” Lucia rejoins her as she sets the stool down, then seats herself upon it. Anyone who didn’t know Nexus Racing’s new Head Designer would miss the tiny smile of happiness and fondness – and how it gives way to sorrow. “I… I know why you came, Gertrude. I apologise.”

“There isn’t the need, but that’s kind of you.” Gertrude leans forward, putting her hands on her chin, lowering herself. “Mostly I wanted to get your opinion… I didn’t have the chance, yesterday.”

Lucia stiffens a touch, almost shrinking back into her seat. She closes her eyes and breathes. “I… I have not been that bold in a long time.”

“Now, that’s not the Lucia Vanderbilt I know either. Don’t know a time you didn’t tell me things as they were.” Gertrude smiles. “Looks like my own self-doubt has good company.”

The woman opposite her does smile, barely, at that. Then, after a moment: “You were not yourself yesterday. I…” Lucia takes another moment, steeling herself. “You know that I have had… Affection for you for so long, no?”

“I know.” Gertrude’s gaze sinks into her lap at those works; then she gathers herself too, bringing them to meet Lucia’s eyes. “I know, and I am sorry I didn’t say anything sooner.”

“You had no reason to.” Lucia’s tone quietens. “We are too many years apart, you are in power over me… You have your connection with Vertilan, too. It is errant and unimportant.”

Never.” Gertrude reaches forward, taking Lucia’s hand. “How you are is important to me – I do care about you, Lucia. I… I just didn’t act on it. And so I’m sorry.”

Lucia pauses for a moment. She closes her eyes again; when they open, they come back glimmering in the artificial light, accompanying a wan smile. “Thank you. Thank you for saying so.”

Another moment passes. Then Lucia speaks again: “I thought about yesterday… Perhaps too much, when you left.” The grip on Gertrude’s hand intensifies. “Let’s not let it go to waste.”

Lucia Vanderbilt draws herself up in her chair, fixing Gertrude with a gaze. “Reshape this team. Timothy’s guide – if it is important to you, rework it, fill the gaps that only you could with your knowledge. Leave your mark. I believe in you more than I ever did in him.” Her smile is stronger now – stronger than perhaps Gertrude has ever seen before. “Biased, perhaps, but still true. You plan for the future, Gertrude, and you bring people together under a vision for it drawn from the capabilities of all of us. Do so now.”

“I…” Gertrude stands; leaving one hand held, she places the other on her chest. She nods, jaw set. “I will.” Another soft smile creeps onto her face. “Thank you.”

“Thank you.” There is fire in Lucia’s eyes; she looses her hand. “Now. Go.”

Gertrude nods again – and turns, determination in her stride.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 pm

CUTOFF
for the Abovian Grand Prix Sprint Race at Fjellutfordring
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Week 9: Race
Conditions:      	Cloudy
Laps: 32
Nation: ABL
Circuit: Fjellutfordring
Event: Abovian Grand Prix Sprint Race
Safety Car on Laps:
Cars on Grid: 28

POS  # ▍DRV Name                               Team                               	Time      	Pts	Fastest Lap	
1 94 LAN Ryker Lane Nexus Racing 00:43:23.656 12
2 47 OKU Erica Okumura Polaris Racing Team 00:00:21.445 8
3 82 LMN Kinu Luminna WGPC Motorworks 00:00:33.011 4
4 42 DIM Alex Dimitrianov Badai Angin Tim Motorsport 00:00:35.680 3 + 1 1:15.903
5 56 TAL Terho Talvela Tropicorp Racing Ælund 00:00:38.078 2
6 28 LNA Sara Luna Volkov Racing 00:00:40.389 1
7 19 FAL Dom Falepeau Mattijana Racing Team 00:00:46.213
8 77 TII iBen Toralmintii Tropicorp Racing Ælund 00:00:51.896
9 52 SZR Sayono Souzare Polaris Racing Team 00:01:01.072
10 25 KRU Gregori Krupin Volkov Racing 00:01:01.565
11 85 STO Olivia Stone Schkeska-VSK Viska Racing 00:01:09.335
12 51 CRU R.L. Cruisin Race Eelandii V&T GP 00:01:16.148
13 7 GTA Abdoulaye Goita Schkeska-VSK Viska Racing 00:01:16.227
14 37 SCH Niklas Schonbaum TAS Alliance Racing 00:01:20.963
15 8 ARC William Archer Preston Autos Grand Prix Racing Laps Down: 1
16 71 IBU Rustom Ibuna Badai Angin Tim Motorsport Laps Down: 1
17 41 JMD Jean Mercer-Daly Nexus Racing Laps Down: 1
18 11 CRT Lane Carter Race Eelandii V&T GP Laps Down: 1
19 50 EDW Rudy Edwards Preston Autos Grand Prix Racing Laps Down: 1
20 12 DEV Anneliese Devereux TAS Alliance Racing Laps Down: 1
21 23 C23 Cocoabo #23 Fireline Motorsports Laps Down: 1
22 76 KOW Adriana Kowalski Fireline Motorsports Laps Down: 1
23 27 NUL Dario Nülkeschläger WGPC Motorworks Laps Down: 1
24 46 ARB Kitti Armbruster SVJ Racing WGPC Team Laps Down: 1
25 22 KRA Jasmin Kranjska Mattijana Racing Team Laps Down: 1
DNF 14 BJA Sigur Bjarnason SVJ Racing WGPC Team Ret. lap 26
DNS 72 VAL Charyseine Valkyria WGPC Motorworks DNS
DNS 63 MIZ Daryl Mizushima WGPC Motorworks DNS

Drivers' standings
Pos # ▍DRV Name                                Team [Engine]                                                            Tyres                              Pts
1 77 TII iBen Toralmintii Tropicorp Racing Ælund [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 63
2 56 TAL Terho Talvela Tropicorp Racing Ælund [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 53
3 94 LAN Ryker Lane Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 50
4 42 DIM Alex Dimitrianov Badai Angin Tim Motorsport [Badai Angin] Solymok 32
5 28 LNA Sara Luna Volkov Racing [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 30
5 41 JMD Jean Mercer-Daly Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 30
7 51 CRU R.L. Cruisin Race Eelandii V&T GP [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 26
8 71 IBU Rustom Ibuna Badai Angin Tim Motorsport [Badai Angin] Solymok 25
9 47 OKU Erica Okumura Polaris Racing Team [Polaris Trois] Deyoze Tires 18
10 7 GTA Abdoulaye Goita Schkeska-VSK Viska Racing [Schkeska Motors] In Motion 17
11 19 FAL Dom Falepeau Mattijana Racing Team [Nordija] Tropicorp Racing Supply 15
12 14 BJA Sigur Bjarnason SVJ Racing WGPC Team [Johansborg Motor Collective] Solymok 14
13 23 C23 Cocoabo #23 Fireline Motorsports [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 13
13 25 KRU Gregori Krupin Volkov Racing [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 13
15 50 EDW Rudy Edwards Preston Autos Grand Prix Racing [Preston Autos] Tropicorp Racing Supply 12
16 27 NUL Dario Nülkeschläger WGPC Motorworks [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Deyoze Tires 11
16 85 STO Olivia Stone Schkeska-VSK Viska Racing [Schkeska Motors] In Motion 11
18 22 KRA Jasmin Kranjska Mattijana Racing Team [Nordija] Tropicorp Racing Supply 10
19 52 SZR Sayono Souzare Polaris Racing Team [Polaris Trois] Deyoze Tires 8
20 11 CRT Lane Carter Race Eelandii V&T GP [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 5
21 12 DEV Anneliese Devereux TAS Alliance Racing [Harlean 1] Solymok 4
21 82 LMN Kinu Luminna WGPC Motorworks [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Deyoze Tires 4
23 8 ARC William Archer Preston Autos Grand Prix Racing [Preston Autos] Tropicorp Racing Supply 3
23 46 ARB Kitti Armbruster SVJ Racing WGPC Team [Johansborg Motor Collective] Solymok 3

Constructors' standings
Pos NAT ▍Team [Engine]                                                            Tyres                              Pts
1 ABL Tropicorp Racing Ælund [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 116
2 NIM Nexus Racing [Paragon Warp] In Motion 80
3 FID Badai Angin Tim Motorsport [Badai Angin] Solymok 57
4 SOR Volkov Racing [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 43
5 V&T Race Eelandii V&T GP [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 31
6 AUR Schkeska-VSK Viska Racing [Schkeska Motors] In Motion 28
7 NEK Polaris Racing Team [Polaris Trois] Deyoze Tires 26
8 MTJ Mattijana Racing Team [Nordija] Tropicorp Racing Supply 25
9 SVJ SVJ Racing WGPC Team [Johansborg Motor Collective] Solymok 17
10 HAP Preston Autos Grand Prix Racing [Preston Autos] Tropicorp Racing Supply 15
11 WGP WGPC Motorworks [WGPC Motorworks Engineering] Deyoze Tires 15
12 ETN Fireline Motorsports [Tropicorp Engineering] Tropicorp Racing Supply 13
13 LIS TAS Alliance Racing [Harlean 1] Solymok 4

This concludes the first half of the season. Mid-season tests take place on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, before we start the technical part of the season next weekend.
Last edited by Liventia on Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Sorlovia
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Fjellutfordring
Pre-race

Gregori was already beginning to look ahead to WGPC19. The current season was already half over and it had become clear that the WGPC18 Championship would not be his. That coveted dream was still just that. An increasingly elusive dream. He’d accepted the fact that he wouldn’t be able to take out the Championship and had come to terms with that disappointment. The start of the season had not gone well for him so he couldn’t really hope to pull it off.

But perhaps there were still things he could learn from WGPC18. It could still teach him things even if it wasn’t going to be winning season. Each race gave him a chance to learn how he handled the car and what he needed to do better. The past couple of races had taught him that he tended to favour an approach that was too aggressive and he’d begun to put together an approach for WGPC19. After all, he was a man who liked to plan ahead. WGPC18 was write off but he would still do his best in the last few races.

He wasn’t about to retire from the WGPC. No, he still had a great many seasons left in him. But there were things that he needed to improve on and adopt for the coming seasons. His traditional of using an aggressive approach was harming him. When WGPC19 came around he would instead a strategy that focused more on reliability and technique. Perhaps that was the thorn in his side that continued to hold him back from achieving his full potential? What could he learn from the last five races?

WGPC18 was to be Sara’s season. She had come out of the gate swinging and had taken out several very good finishes. Gregori was pleased for her. He remembered what it had felt like to be a rookie to the WGPC scene. All those veteran racers had seemed rather daunting. But she was continuing to handle herself with skill and poise. This first season with Volkov would launch her WGPC career and she would be a hot commodity next season.

Learn Gregori. Learn from this.

---

Gregori knew that he wasn’t going to take out the WGPC18 Championship. But that didn’t mean that he couldn’t enjoy the races that remained. He wasn’t the type to give up even if things seemed to be going against him. He, of course, wanted to take out a championship. But he wasn’t only in it for the good times and the fair weather. Every single race was an experience and a thing of great joy to him. There was always next season and the season after that. But the here and now was a chance to do the best he could while also immensely enjoying himself.

It seemed Sayono and Olivia would be his dancing partners for the final race at the tack he was only just able to pronounce. It’s bends and straights were making the entire experience enjoyable and he appreciated the constant threat of Olivia at his back. It kept him on edge and gave him the pressure that he needed to press on into the race. He rounded the third bend with her hot on his tail and used the following straight to get up a great deal of speed ahead of the fourth and fifth corners. He’d lost count of how many laps he’d done but that didn’t matter. It was all about what was going in right in front of you. At that end of the day that was all that mattered. He didn’t have time to look at lap numbers and times. His car and the track in front of him demanded his full attention.

He pushed his car hard into the seventh corner and rocketed off down the straight passing Sayono at the midway point. He smirked when she crept past him on the eighth corner and pushed hard into the ninth corner as he closed on the tail of her car. Everything else had faded from his mind. This was what he lived for and this was what occupied his attention during the races. The only things that mattered were the car in front of him and the car behind him. Sayono’s car in front of him was the prey he sought to beat and Olivia’s car behind him was the predator snapping at his tail. The image amused him.

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 04, 2020

Postby Squidroidia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:40 pm

The one-shot qualifying session.

The ultimate luck based form of getting your car onto the grid. In the final race before mid-season testing, the Abovian Grand Prix and its no practice, one-shot qualifying nature was bound to bring up a few surprises.

And Motorworks driver Daryl Mizushima? He still didn't get in.

Typical luck for a driver of a brick? Yes, but unlike his antics at Akresna he didn't flop around the circuit like a fish. The Squidroidian thrived on the rapid-fire, speed focused track. 14th place overall, but due to the incredible efforts of 2nd row feature starter Dario Nülkeschläger and Kinu Luminna, the latter of whom finished just under a 10th of a second faster than #63, he would miss the show again.

Seriously, he finished ahead of 14 other drivers. That is something you don't say every day of the week unless you're constantly playing WGPC 18 now, do you? Just look at the drivers he finished ahead of! R.L. Cruisin, the Prestons of Rudy Edwards and William Archer (The latter of whom got a 1:14 FLAT time), teammate Charyseine Valkyria, Sara Luna, Lane Carter, Cocoabo #23... If we know 2 things about Daryl, it's that he's good qualifying in the wet as well as in one-shot sessions, and when you put the 2 together... You know he's going to show up. It's a shame that there isn't any more one shot sessions planned for the calendar. From here it's all traditional, 2 tier or elimination.

Daryl, however, didn't look like he wanted to quit. As the driver made his way to the stands to watch the 2 races, he felt.... Oddly happy. He did well for himself in qualifying, and finishing ahead of Lane Carter in qualifying, even though he wasn't going to the paddock to strap in the car for the feature and sprint race, was a sign of respect. Heck, both Nülkeschläger and Luminna podiumed during the race weekend, surging the Motorworks team forward as a Hulkenburger and a Aurun got themselves on the podium for the feature and sprint races. It was enough to convince the young driver to stay with the 4 car operation.

Before the team set off for the first of 2 mid-season tests in Île Saint-Joseph, he decided to give his friends at Motorworks a gift for their hard work through the season so far. Sure, all drivers didn't qualify for at least one round, but their racing, as well as Daryl's, proved that there were drivers from other parts of the motorsport world that can't be overlooked because they don't have a Filindo or Vilitan or Mattijanan flag next to them. In their hotel rooms, Daryl slipped a letter underneath the door and onto the floors of their rooms.

Dear Drivers,

You may scoff at this letter as it was unceremoniously delivered to you. You may be like, "Oh, this is from the rookie who only qualified for one damn race so far, I shouldn't get this!". And I get it. Unless the sender's name is iBen Toralmintii you'd laugh at this and chuck it in the bin. But look, I have my reasons.

As some of you may know when we were at Auruna, I didn't have the best of days. I finished last in qualifying with an embarrassing time and I reconsidered whether or not to continue. Lane Carter hit me up and wanted me to stay. I agreed, and after I failed to qualify but finished 14th in the one-shot session in Aboveland, I feel much better.

So I wanted to reward you guys for giving me a challenge through the first half of the season. Dario and Kinu, for the podiums you had in the Above GP's feature and sprint races respectfully, you deserve a lot for dragging your cars onto the podium. Enclosed for you two is a gift card valid for around 250 Squidroidian Yen. Spend it on whatever you want.

For Charyseine Valkyria, I know how much you like to vlog. Although you haven't gotten yourself a podium, you deserve to have more fun, especially since we go to your homeland for the 2nd and 3rd mid-season testing sessions. Instead of offering you a gift card, I'm offering you a chance to collab with me for one of your vlogs in Twicetagria. You may turn it down if you want, but in my humble opinion I'm glad to share a Cocoa-bo shake with you.

But for all of you as we head to the 2nd half of a season, the future is what we don't know. We all know we have to show up to Rivoli, San Marco, Hapilopper City, Talbott and Ljubala with the best skill for the track in qualifying, as it will determine who goes through and who does not. In all senses of the words, good luck.

-Daryl Mizushima
#63 WGPC Motorworks driver

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Double Race Chaos (part 2)

Postby TJUN-ia » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:18 pm

Sunday - Sprint Race
Sunday arrived at the Fjellutfordring and Lane Carter was feeling like repetition was in the air, After starting in 21st for yesterday's race and finishing there, he would start today's Sprint race in that exact position. He wasn't really expecting much in this race, with only the Top 6 getting points here, but he felt that a better showing might do him some good overall in the 32-lap race.

The 5 lights went out and this race would actually be interesting for the Galarian. He may have been beaten by Niklas Schonbaum but with overtakes over Cocoabo #23, Dario Nülkeschläger and Anneliese Devereux (along with the retirement of Sigur Bjarnason on lap 26), Lane ended up in 19th overall - a definite improvement overall. With no chance of point at all, he had to take anything he could get and net +2 positions was certainly something he wasn't going to pass up.

Ryker Lane would end up winning this race ahead of Erica Okumura, with Kinu Luminna making it 2 podiums on the bounce for the Motorworks after starting from pole. Alex Dimitrianov, Terho Talvela and Sara Luna ended the top 6 with iBen Toralmintii still leading the driver's championship in 8th and R.L. Cruisin recovering from 19th to finish in a respectable 12th. Carter remained 20th in the standings and Race Eelandii in 5th heading into the halfway stage.

So after 6 races across 5 rounds, Lane Carter had 5 points to his name compared to his teammate's 26. It may sound bad but to the Galarian, scoring any points at this level was considered an achievement within itself. Next up would be some mid-season tests in Île Saint-Joseph and Twicetagria, time for the engineers to see if they could improve the car before the final 5 races of the season, but that wasn't what was on Carter's mind as the racing ended for a while. He had an email to send.

To: dmizushima@squidmail.sqr
RE: Letter

Dear Daryl,

Hello again! I got your letter on Saturday night so I thought I would test to see if this address worked or not. I'd like to thank you for responding to the letter I sent you a while back. It was nice to see someone actually want to talk to me for once and your words certainly made me smile, so I can only be thankful.

Your letter was very interesting was me. It showed me that your situation is very similar to the one I was in during WGP2: a young driver representing their adopted homeland in the WGP series while they also started an NSSCRA team from scratch. If these parallels are to continue then maybe Shigeru Ishikawa is going to win a race at some point, as Michael Stefan did in his debut season for Jaguar Racing, but we'll wait and see. ;)

To be honest, I think you're in a better situation than I have even been in during my career. Why? Because you take each weekend as it is and don't get too downtrodden if things don't go your way. I've always struggled with confidence no matter the situation and it is something that may be considered by others to be my fatal flaw.

I understand if you are busy with your sponsors and with Inklingcraft Singularity's launch, but can we meet up at some point down the road? I don't really have anyone to talk to anywhere I go and your the only one who actually responded to me, recognised that I was here at all, so I hope we can meet up for tea and biscuits or whatever. If not, I would totally understand but the question has been asked anyway.

I hope you enjoy your time off from racing and hopefully, I will see you soon! :)

Kind Regards,

Lane Carter
"The man with an apple in his eye"
Driver of #10 for Race Eelandii V&T GP
x
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

iROS Initial Announcement and iBen Profile

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:51 pm

Race Eelandii! Driving School and Performance Design, Eelandii, Turori :: Veteran Turorian World Grand Prix Driver and current World Grand Prix Championship points leader iBen Toralmintii has officially announced the creation of the so-called "iBen's Race of Stars" Series - a special, invitation only racing series to be contested among the top drivers in the multiverse including champion drivers from the World Grand Prix Championship open-wheel motorsports circuit and the NSSCRA Stock Car Racing series.
TENATATIVE IROS SCHEDULE

1. iRoS Tundra Falls [NEW]
2. iRoS Talbott Autodrome [LEN]
3. TBD Oval Event
4. iRoS Crossport Raceway [AUD]
5. iRoS Mountain Challenge [VIL]

While the iROS confirmed that WGPC 17 Runner-Up iBen Toralmintii would be one of the 16 drivers participating in the series, it did not confirm any additional driver entrants to the circuit and will instead allow the individual drivers to announce their own participation in the circuit in a manner of their choosing - many of whom will do so via the twii.tur service. The iRoS announcement did confirm that the first event on the iRoS circuit will be contested at the Tundra Falls Proving Grounds in Newmanistan prior to the NSSCRA Season Opening Proving Grounds 500 event. The Race of Stars event will be scheduled to take place between the Exhibition at Tundra Falls and the Tundra Falls 500 which will also correspond with the World Grand Prix Championship's mid-season break, allowing drivers from the WGPC to compete in the iRoS season opener without conflict to the World Grand Prix Championship schedule.

Following the opening round at the high speed oval course in Tundra Falls, Newmanistan, the second round of iBen's Race of Stars has been confirmed to take place at the Talbott Autodrome in Liventia. This event will take place in line with penultimate round of the 18th World Grand Prix Championship season, allowing minimal burden on the WGPC's top drivers who will already be at the circuit preparing for the final events of the WGPC Championship season.

While iRoS has only confirmed the first two events of the schedule, it is believed that the full Race of Stars will consist of between 4 and 5 total races. After the events in Newmanistan and Liventia it is believed that iRos has been in negotiation to host events at the Crossport Raceway in Audioslavia and the Vilitan Mountain Challenge Course in Rockii Coast, Vilita. If those events are confirmed then it will make three events at Grand Prix circuits. iRoS is reportedly still in discussions with a variety of Left-Turning Oval tracks about potentially adding a fifth and final race to the schedule to be contested between the rounds in Liventia and Audioslavia. iRoS has been open to the possibility to adding a fifth event at an oval track and has encouraged any nation that believes they could provide a suitable Oval circuit to contact them immediately with any unique proposals.

While no drivers have yet publicly confirmed their participation other than Toralmintii, it is believe that Toralmintii's teammate and reigning World Grand Prix Champion Terho Talvela will also be competing in the circuit. It is expected to be a mix of World Grand Prix and NSSCRA Licensed drivers with Another rumored participant being the reigning WGP2 champion which is currently WGPC driver Abdoulaye Goita. iRoS has confirmed they are holding open one seat at each event for a driver from the host nation to compete with the intent of helping race weekend organized draw in local fans for the event. iRoS has also acknowledge that they were holding a fan vote on twii.tur to extend an invitation to one domestic champion of a major recognized league. Among those believed to be included in the fan vote are Formula Hodori champion Tegiza Zaotani, Formula Hinode champion Maresuke Sawada and WGP3 Filindostan champion Barnabas Mate who now competes in Tier 2 of the NSSCRA. Domestic champions are welcome to begin their own write-in campaigns before the winner of the Fan Vote is announced by Race of Stars officials one week prior to the opening race of the series in Tundra Falls.

Image iBEN's RACE OF STARS
@raceofstars

It's official! iBen's Race of Stars is coming to a racetrack near you! Of course, @iben77 is our first confirmed driver! Check out his #IROS Driver Card below.

#NSSCRA : #WGPC : #IROS

Image iBen Toralmintii

Hometown: Eelandii, Turori :: Seasons in Motorsport: 10

Biography: iBen Toralmintii began their career as a reserve driver for the Vilita & Turori NSGP team behind Gary Cook. When the team expanded to full-bodied stock cars, Toralmintii became the teams Turorian representative for NSSCRA Season 4 & 5 before transitioning back to open wheel racing as a WGPC Motorsport Works driver during WGPC Season 11. However, being on an underperforming team running near the back of the pack and accruing only 9 points in two seasons, Toralmintii left the World Grand Prix Circuit to join the Hodori based Super Formula Championship series. Toralmintii quickly adapted to the Super Formula circuit earning back-to-back series championships and re-building the confidence required to return to the World Grand Prix Circuit for season 14.

Toralmintii and the Vilita and Turori Motorsports team made a triumphant return to the World Grand Prix Championship during WGPC Season 14 putting up the single most dominating performance by any constructor in a single World Grand Prix Championship season with Toralmintii finishing narrowly behind debutant teammate Terho Talvela for the drivers championship. It was just the second time in WGPC history that two drivers from the same team finished 1-2 in the drivers standing after Team Rolatia did so during WGPC season 2 with drivers Thomas Ragji and William Sralt. However when the World Driver Champion Talvela left the team in the offseason and took funding from Abovian sponsors Nortec and Arctic Air to MRT it was one-and-done for Toralmintii and Vilita & Turori Motorsports. The Turorian returned to driving for Works teams and took up an interest in team management, ultimately retiring at the end of WGPC Season 15 to focus on being a Principle in training at WGPC Eelandii while also taking the time to run additional races throughout the multiverse including NSSCRA events, the Olympic Games and the Rumble in the Rice Fields.

With the desire to drive still strong, Toralmintii stunned the World Grand Prix ranks by signing a deal to return to top-level World Grand Prix Championship racing with Tropicorp Racing Aelund team based out of Aboveland. The move re-united Toralmintii with his former Vilita and Turori Motorsports teammate Terho Talvela and while the season got off to a slow start, the duo slowly started to re-gain some of the magic that had seen them combine for the highest points haul in World Grand Prix history during the World Grand Prix's 14th season. Toralmintii's dream of winning the World Grand Prix title was dented by a slow start to the campaign but still secured his place in the conversation of greatest auto racing drivers of all time by finding a new gear as the World Grand Prix circuit hit its Atlantian Oceania swing. Toralmintii piloted the #77 machine to back-to-back-to-back-to-back race victories to become the first driver in World Grand Prix Championship history to win four consecutive races. By seasons end Toralmintii had missed out on the drivers Championship by just five points and the conversation had wholly shifted from whether the Turorian driver would return for one more season behind the wheel in the hopes of finally earning that elusive World Grand Prix Drivers championship.

iBen Toralmintii will be representing the World Grand Prix Championship during the first iROS
Image 77
WGPC 17: Runner-Up

Motorsports_Accomplishments:

• 9 Grand Prix Victories
  • 2-Time NSFC Champion
  • WGPC 14 Runner-Up
  • WGPC 17 Runner-Up
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:46 pm

Post 14 – Congested Traffic.

That second race on the same course was particularly not as good. At the very least, while Adriana was not last among the racers, her big break is not coming anytime soon. She kept wondering as to why she ended up with a constantly mediocre performance. Was it because of her mind? Not exactly – she did multiple tests and reruns on her well-being both as a person and a machine; everything seems to be in check. Was it the vehicle? It handles well and drives well, other than the shifting button getting stuck on a previous race. Would it be right to pin the blame on someone? Adriana certainly did not feel that way, and did not feel good about doing such a thing, but it was getting slightly obvious that her team was not exactly giving her the support. How would she explain Cocoabo #23, who still has a few winnings and points earned, and virtually carrying the entire team? Dreadful of what she was trying or going to say, and thinking of ways to word herself better, Adriana made her way to the Fireline office and the rest of the meeting was… particularly interesting.

Later that night, Adriana was not sure if she was too harsh against her own team, out of all people.

“I feel awful at that,” she remarked towards the two Valentians, “I mean, sure that they could definitely give me more support, but threatening to leave them? First off, where would I go? And second of all, that was definitely not me.”

“Are your emotional subroutines working as per normal?” Angela asked, while given a tablet that would diagnose how and what was Adriana feeling.

“I sure hope so. I don’t really feel anything out of the ordinary. It was just one of those heat of the moment spurs, I guess. Some things really should not be said, I feel. What happened to the old and happy cheerful Adriana?”

Angeline: “Well, she is still here! Just not in her best mood, that is all. This race business can really drive people nuts.”

Angela: “I heard that stealthy pun.”

Angeline: “Hehe, glad you noticed! Anyway, puns aside, Adriana, you are as happy and nice as you always are. You always take care of yourself and the others, and you never once go out of the line to endanger everyone else. I have seen you on the TV often, and I really think that is amazing!”

Adriana: “Wow, that’s… that’s huge. Thanks, you guys! I really appreciate it. So… what now?”

Angeline: “Let’s hope for the best for the next one! I mean, this was the second one today, so there was going to be a third one, right?”

Adriana: “Nope, this concludes the first half! I will have to try, aren’t I? I can’t just give up now, no matter how bleak the outcome is, or will be.”

At the very least, Adriana hopes that the next race was going to be merciful on her.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Sorlovia
Envoy

Founded: May 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorlovia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:44 am

Fjellutfordring
Raceday

There were few feelings that compared to raceday. If you were a racer raceday was the moment you lived for and the source of some of your greatest thrills. The constant probing threat of the cars that were so close behind you and the elusive potential of the car in front of you. If you pushed your car that much harder perhaps you could pass it. Gregori thrilled on the exhilaration of these moments. It was the source of his greatest enjoyment and the moments in which he felt the most fulfilled. Racing was his greatest passion and he doubted that he would ever tire of the experience.

It seemed that Sayono and Olivia were going to be his companions for the rest of the race. He did his best to push past Sayono but was deftly denied at every attempt. Olivia continued to put pressure on him from her position close on his tail. But there was a broad grin on Gregori’s face as he arched through the third bend and onto the straight on the approach to the fourth corner. They were now on their twenty sixth lap and the two racers were still keeping up with him. But he wouldn’t have it any other way. The challenge made the entire experience all the more enjoyable.

Gregori gracefully guided his car into the bend through the fourth and fifth corners with a very soft hand on the steering wheel. He cut Olivia off as she moved to attempt a pass and accelerated to get as close behind Sayono as he could on the approach to the sixth corner. He pushed up alongside the Polaris car and was about to sneak past it when Sayono shot forward in a boost of speed to cut him off at the last minute. He smirked and shook his head.

“Sayono,” he chuckled to himself “you are a skilled one.”

He pressed the Polaris as they sped into the eighth corner and followed it around the ninth corner looking for any mistake that he could take advantage of. He only needed one slip up. That would be enough to get ahead. Just one momentarily slip up or lapse of concentration. But Sayono had made it clear that getting past would be no easy feat. His every attempt at passing was cut off and each one of his tactical moves was deftly countered. He saw a lot of skill in Sayono and a worthy challenge that gave him the drive to press harder into the race.

The next few laps passed in much the same way. He managed to creep by and even hold his position for a while only to have Sayono sneak past him. He cut the Polaris car off but Sayono fell back only to find another opening. The skilled racer made it hard for him to gain any ground but he savoured the experience. There was no fun in an easy pass or a cake-walk race. The challenges on the track and the contesting positions was what made the experience of a WGPC race so much more enjoyable. Gregori wanted to have himself tested. He wanted the other racers to put all that they had into the race in front of them.

Gregori lost himself in the race. He became so focused on the track ahead of him and Sayono's car that he didn't even hear any other sounds. He'd signed on for the eighteenth season for this very reason and he didn't intend to let up for even a minute. If he couldn't win the Championship this year he would put on a show of skill and fast-paced driver that the fans would never forget.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:52 pm

The sprint race started in earnest. It was fairly fast-paced, with each driver hitting the throttle as soon as the lights went out. However, as the cars accelerated, Sara noticed a little opening as some those ahead of her overtook each other. It should have been an indication that she can take that particular space to try to get in front. At least, that was what she thought it should be.

When the cars came to Turn One, Sara realized that she went wide and her move resulted to no net gain nor loss. This was not good nor bad. It meant she could try again. The event had just started.

"I guess we need to get out of this traffic jam," she said to herself. "The more congested, the harder this race would be," she deduced.

She narrowed her eyes and concentrated on what she was doing. The more she focused on it, the more she realized that her move was not a mistake, but a simple, predictable reaction to something that was coming. A dull rumble sounded as the engine roared to life. Her acceleration brought the attention of the drivers behind her that she meant business here.

"Ah, I'm just going to run to Lane and get a good angle," she said, referring to Ryker Lane. "If he tries anything I can just step in and counter it."

She wasn't going to be pushed aside by anyone. Nope. She was going to forge ahead and find her own way. The drivers were going to see this. This was a blitz race.

A part of her mind studied the way the cars were moving along the track and when their engines come to life. It was a subtle thing, but it was there. The traffic often took Sara out of her racing line. They were forcing her to improvise.

"Ah, fuck," she said, when she made a mistake that cost a possible opportunity to take a lead over Ryker Lane. This was one of her worse moves. She had been up close to him and got caught in the dirty air and felt her car momentarily hesitate its grip.

Later, while she was driving down the next straight, she noticed another car closing on her tail. She started to get nervous. Was this the one she had been waiting for? Or was this just another random racer?

"Hey! Look who's behind me. Talvela," Sara said over the radio. "He's behind me. He's here to fight me. I wonder if my adjustments to my style would be effective."

Sara didn't have the luxury of preparing herself for the sudden pace of events in the Abovian Grand Prix. Luckily, she was in the zone, and had been for some time. She made a fast, furious left-hander at 145 km/h. Terho was so close to her, yet so far. Both had perfect balance and perfect acceleration exiting the turn. It was impossible to tell who's going to emerge on top: the usually technical-minded rookie or the two-time world champion.

She couldn't help but feel that her increased aggression (resulting in an almost-balanced style) might work in the here and now. Once she got the pace, she would have seconds' worth gap in front of Talvela. Her adrenaline rush kicking in, Sara just got it out there and continued to hit the road. She couldn't back down. Not now. Not now!

"Sara? I don't think we've seen that before," she heard Emil say.

The car in front of her had the one-off tribute livery of TRÆ.

"Thing is," she continued, "I agree. I... expected nothing less from a champion. You don't get a chance to hold that trophy until you've truly earned it."

"We deserve better," Emil replied.

"I am humbled," Sara said.

Terho's overtake on Sara was swift and forceful.

"Anyways, you're doing good, Sara. Keep it up," he added.

Sara's eyes widened with excitement.

"Terho," she said. "I get to actually duel with him. I was looking forward for this, always have!"

"Goodness... I can't even believe I'm actually talking to a fangirl."

Sara's admiration for Terho Talvela is well-known. It was rare for her to not like someone. It was even more rare for her to hold a grudge. Her latest rival is an elf, and it was an entirely professional type of rivalry. On a more personal aspect, they are good friends.

The end of the race made Sara happy. It probably also made Terho happy. Despite her struggles to get close to a win or a podium, she finished at P6, enough for a single point. Meanwhile, Terho squeaked in for P5 and two points from P13. This had been a productive grand prix for both of them.

It was a relatively short and undulating race through the Abovian scenery. It was a race that in some ways parallels that of the legendary WGP3 Glorian Grand Prix. Located near the town of Baranburg, it was built with cutting edge innovations and was a banner event for each season.

The paddock was abuzz with activity about 15 minutes after the last driver finished. Some people were looking to get a glimpse or two at the final result. It looked like Ryker Lane racked up quite the lead over Erica Okumura at 21 seconds. One thing was for certain; Nexus and TRÆ are the apparent favorites for the constructors' champion.

"I think we proved last week that we were not immune to the challenges a WGPC team would face," said one of the Volkov staff. "This week, we proved we can learn from it and, more importantly, produce results. That is why we are here. This is what Volkov Racing strives for. We are here to win, going through the ups and downs of the season. And look where we are now: fourth place! You all did your part to accomplish that."

Sara and a group of three others went to Avsidesliggendevuoret for a round of celebratory drinks and food. It turned out to be a pretty normal night and they left early. Everyone had gone home except for one person. The Diarcesian driver parked the Volkov Roadster XS her team provided by the roadside and stepped out. There were a few other cars traveling in this sparse area, and passers-by would see a middle-aged woman sitting on a bench.

She looked over the scenery and smiled. "How does it feel, being in the top five so far?" she spoke to herself and stretched her arms.

"It feels good, actually. Everyone thought Gregori and I raced well. I felt we could have done better, but I'm content with what we got. We have put on a show. The mechanics and engineers did their best as well to show that they are one of the best teams in the series."

She scratched her head and leaned forward. "You know, the people are always curious. It's easy for a nugget to lose its luster. I hope I'm not one of them. I remember when I first started, people questioned and doubted me. I didn't say anything and just did the work. It was and always is my norm. I wanted to set a goal and methodically meet it. It has been a long year, and I've been battling."

Sara suppressed a chuckle as she thought of how different the race would have been had she qualified ahead of Ryker. "It wouldn't be the same. It's like when a butterfly flaps its wings a little more or less. I don't think Ryker would have been as composed. It's one or the other, but it's a damn shame. I wish I could have done more. Oh well. It's one more race."

She stood up and walked slowly, taking in the view. It was a beautiful, tranquil evening. No clouds, just stars. These would be the ones to write home about.

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Postby Squidroidia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:29 pm

The email got to his inbox. Daryl was greeted when he got back online, this time in Île Saint-Joseph looking at the island before preparing to test his Motorworks car around the island the next day. A lot had happened since then, mainly headlined by iBen Toralmintii starting his own series for racing championship drivers, which of course Daryl couldn't participate in. It was fine, he was going to sling his car around a literal tidal causeway for the sake of testing. But after some sightseeing he pulled out his phone and notice that Lane Carter, driver of the #10 V&T car, had replied back. And he knew just what to do.

To: Lane Carter
Subject: RE: RE: Letter

Hello there Lane,

Welcome back! Just got this email from you while sightseeing in Île Saint-Joseph before testing. It feels surreal that we're literally driving over a road that is covered in water on high tides! But then again we had the Nimban Grand Prix and that showed us a lot that us WGPC people marvel at from time to time, and there's also the NSSCRA Chase race going over a bridge that crosses through 2 countries. This is just basically a mix of the two but without the Nimban technology.

Interesting thing you said about Shigeru! I know the Inklingcraft team are not really favored to win races apart from if the planned Spartansburg race is added to the schedule, but weirder things have happened in NSSCRA. Jeremiah Brooke for example got to the Championship 4 as a rookie, and a rookie winning the Tundra Falls 500 is entirely possible. I just don't know if Shigeru Ishikawa's going to be the one to do it. If it is him, we're probably going to start up a national series. :p

That's nice about how I handle races. You see, I have to take things one week at a time, and that's the magical thing about WGPC Motorworks this season. Every week is a qualifying battle, and even if you finish in the top 4 you might not be given a race seat if there's a Motorworks front row lockup. You esentially have to give it everything you got out there to succeed and earn a spot in the Grand Prix. Just ask my teammates Nülkeschläger and Luminna.

As for meeting up... You see, after this testing session we have to go to Twicetagria and I know that I have to vlog with teammate Charyseine Valkyria in her home country, so that is booked. I can only realistically meet up with you on race weekends, or at least after practice. And with my schedule being compounded due to NSSCRA, more of my time has been eating up. But I'll try to meet up with you in Nekoni when the season picks back up again.

So yeah, other than that, I hope you're okay out there, and make sure you put me through your paces in testing tommorow.

I'll chat to you again,
-Daryl Mizushima

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:22 pm

A Chars Short: An Online Encounter
Chars didn't like what he was seeing. This "Layla" girl was apparently shitting on him on social media. Normally Chars would just not mind because of his "IDC about haters" attitude. But hell, this Layla person did have quite a following. Chars had read her profile. Stock cars. Bleh. Chars hated stock cars. He didn't see the appeal in normal cars racing in an oval. That was boring to him. He prefers a wide variety of corners where drivers could be tested, not left handed turns every time.

Whatever. His lessons on media presence told him not to really care about these kind of people. But, Chars knew he had to do something. Unfortunately, he couldn't abandon the 'cute gay fuckboy' image that he was forced to don. However, knowing that acting like a pussy would make this worse.

Screw it. I'm going to do what my heart desires.
At least my looks are better than yours :nails:

Chars had seen Daryl's email. Vlog... Hmm. Maybe a collab would be cool. He still had Janne for Twicetagria. Maybe the three of them could make a vlog together? Sure, let's do it.

To: Daryl Mizushima
Subject: Re: Vlog thing

Hi Daryl!
Saw your email about wanting to collab for my vlog. I'd be glad to have you in Twicetagria for the vlog. Would you be okay if there was another person too?
On another note, since I'm not exactly doing a '5 places to visit' vlog, I think you should be given the liberty to choose the iternary.
Cheers!
johnathan

Cocoabo Forest
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 05, 2015
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Cocoabo Forest » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:08 am

Fireline Falter in Fjellutfordring Sprint

WGPC18 Supplier Performance Standings

[1] - 115 :: Tropicorp Racing Supply
[2] - 83 :: InMotion
[3] - 52 :: Solymok
[4] - 35 :: Deyoze

Abovian Grand Prix, Fjellutfordring, Avsidesliggendevuoret, Aboveland :: While there was some optimism heading into the Abovian Grand Prix Sprint that drivers Cocoabo #23 and Adriana Kowalski could mount a challenge for a strong improvement on their starting positions - particularly after Cocoabo #23 was able to post a fast lap during the Feature event, the reality was a bit distant from that pipe dream. With the fastest cars on the track starting from the 5th and 6th rows on the grid there was a gap that formed a virtual wall in front of Cocoabo #23 that the Cocoabo Forest competitor could not break through. When it became clear that neither of the Fireline Motorsports cars was making the appropriate progress to challenge for points Fast Cocoabo and Adriana Kowalski hooked up for some test time near the back of the pack and finished the event one lap down.

It was a notable event in the Supplier Performance standings as just after two consecutive races with maximum points all, it all fell apart for Tropicorp Racing Supply as the leading Tyre supplier failed to put a driver on the podium for the first time during the WGPC's 18th season. In fact, it was nearly a goose egg for Tropicorp in the supplier standings until just a few laps to go when Terho Talvela broke into the Top 5 to secure 2 points for both themselves and Tropicorp. It would result in a 10 point swing in the Supplier standings as InMotion driver Ryker Lane won the Sprint race and with it gained 12 Championship points. It was also a strong performance from Deyoze Tyres who for the first time all season put two drivers on the podium and came away from the race with the second best points accrual across the two-race event.

As the season hits the half way mark, Tropicorp Racing Supply have a comfortable but certainly not insurmountable 32 point lead over InMotion Tyres while Deyoze have made huge strides toward catching Solymok Tyres, gaining a total of 15 points during the Abovian race weekend. Now the World Grand Prix circuit moves on to a pair of mid-season test sessions before regrouping and heading back out for points paying race weekends.

Auruna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Auruna » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 am

Fjellutfordring
Sprint Race

"It's getting cloudy, huh?" Current polesitter Kinu Luminna says over the radio, looking up. "Do you think Dario's wing setup that we borrowed will work in these kind of weather?"

"I'm thinking they will. Don't worry."

"Hopefully it's stable enough for me... and hopefully my luck holds up. Wanna bet? You pay for the drinks later if I finish within the podium places."

"Sure sure. Good luck!"

"Heh, I'll give you guys a great race."

More clouds form above the circuit, everything is slightly darker. Kinu breathes, he's nervous as he is starting pole. He sees the lights, holding the revs, he's preparing for his start. Inhale, exhale. The lights go out. He nails his start and is able to get off the line quicker than P2 starter Erica Okumura but it didn't last for long as the Motorworks car he's driving has less performance all in all than the other constructors' even though it's more balanced. Anyway, he has a race to do. Thirty-two laps of pressure here we come.

After the first few laps, he's P2, behind Erica Okumura but he managed to create a sufficient gap to P3 to stay a pitstop clear. Once he's used to the car and the setup, he's showing consistent pace, even improving on certain parts. There are a lot of laps to go but still, he's managing. At around Lap 15, Ryker Lane who started P5 is gaining on the current frontrunners quick. Kinu's under threat as the gap he created slowly fades as the Nexus gets closer and closer to his tail. He can try to hold and defend his current position but considering the performance of the Motorworks car, it's a gamble.

Just a few laps. A few laps later, Kinu lost P2.

"Lukas, tyres? These ones are destroyed."

"Mediums."

"Okay box next lap. Get ready."

"Copy."

Kinu pits at the 19th lap for mediums, the mechanics are quick to change his tyres and he's off in time to just get slightly ahead of P4. It's now time to defend P3. He' under threat from Alex Dimitrianov but he thinks he can handle him.

He said it, he's sure.

The pressure is higher than he anticipated but he tries not to break. It's a chance for a podium finish, he'll take that chance, whatever it takes. He first tries to create a gap just to be a bit safe. Then he goes slightly wide at Turn 8 which hurt his pace and Alex Dimitrianov is slowly catching up.

"Damn, it's still a bit unstable."

"Keep going, you're still safe."

After 5 laps of effort, Alex Dimitrianov is about 2-3 seconds behind Kinu.

"Yes Kinu, keep it up!"

"I'm okay with radio for now."

Time to focus.

Lukas, at the pit wall, is closely monitoring Kinu's pace and gap to P4. It keeps intensifying as after a few laps, the gap is decreasing. He would like to tell Kinu but he was ordered to stay quiet for a while.

After three laps, it was enough radio silence.

"Mate, gap to Dimitrianov."

"2.5, 2.6"

"Got it. Am I allowed to push?"

"Yep."

Then he pushed, hard at the car's limits. The engine is screaming at full throttle. He tries to maintain the gap as he knows he can't do more than, limited by the machinery but making it up by the driver's skill.

At the penultimate lap, he got a bit creative.

"Lukas, can you do pace notes? Just improvise."

"Sure."

"Start after T1, around T1... aaand now!"

"Three right into four left..."

"Haha let's go!"

While it amused Kinu, it certainly woke him up and he's maintaining that gap. He's holding firm while being directed by his race engineer with pace notes. This lasted until the final lap where Kinu is absolutely over the car's limit, it sounded like it's getting tired but the race isn't over yet, it's just close.

The chequered flag is waved. Ryker Lane crosses the line at P1 followed by Erica Okumura at P2. Then about 12 seconds later, Kinu Luminna swerves close to the pit wall and crosses the line at P3, in a Motorworks car. It was a great weekend for the team as they finished back-to-back on the podium.

"Kinu!!! That's P3! P3! Congratulations!"

"YEEEESSS! Whoo! Thanks guys! Ah... this feels great!"

"Looks like drinks are on me tonight."

"Yep!"

"Ah, see you on the podium mate!"

It wasn't much points as it's a sprint race, only 4 points gained but still, a podium finish is a podium finish. P3 is certainly P3. One which Kinu achieved.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!

Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna

#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:57 am

B-O-R-I-N-G.

Boring. It was just one word, and yet it perfectly summed up William Archer's opinion of the second race at the Fjellutfordring. Sprint race? More like stay-put in this race! William started P15 and ended P15. Not even the shuffling of positions brought about by pitting saw him either gain or lose a single position, or at least it had felt that way for him. He was pretty certain that a few drivers had managed to overtake him, and in the last few laps of the race the blue flags came out for William, forcing him to move aside and let through that infernal eight-wheeler, the Nexus Racing UHSGV-4. At least Rudy managed to gain a few positions of his own in this cloudy race. Those clouds sure did screw with William's tyre strategy, making the track just that little bit colder that he was unable to get his rubber up to the temperatures he wanted.

And now William was about to be hit by another curveball.

"Hey Claude," William said to his strategist Claude Stacks back at the Preston Autos HQ in Hapilopper, "I was just looking at the calendar, and I saw that the mid-season test has been moved to the Raichovsky Circuit?"

"Yeah, about that, William," Stacks replied. "We only just found out about it as well. Apparently the WGPC want a calendar with more races but a similar mix of aggressive and technical tracks."

"Okay," William nodded. "So does that mean we're not going to Saint-Joseph anymore?"

"No, we'll still be going there, just not for the test," Stacks said. "We're going to Twicetagria next for the test, and then we're gonna stay there for a non-championship race."

"A non-championship race? What's that supposed to mean?" William asked.

"A non-championship race is a race where there's no points on offer—"

"I know what a non-championship race is, man," William interrupted. "What I'm saying is, what's the point? What is this, the seventies? Why are there races that don't give out points in this day and age?"

"I mean, the WGPC did say they wanted more races on the calendar..."

"Yeah, I know, but why not make all of them official races? Why not put points on offer for all of them? Give everyone some stakes to fight for? I'm sorry, man, but I just don't get it. I get the test, but not the no-points races. I just don't get it," William muttered, shaking his head.

"Let's just focus on the Raichovsky test for right now, all right?" Stacks said.

Now that it had been announced that the Raichovsky Circuit will be hosting a race (even if one that doesn't offer any points at all to anyone) after the mid-season test, William felt like the teams won't be moving away from the circuit just to come back. So he had to find something to do during those two weeks in Twicetagria. What about a party? The Haps were noted for their parties, most notably the Big Ass Bash that happens every time NSSCRA stops over at Hapilopper. Maybe William could get some help from the Haps on organizing and throwing a mid-season party for the WGPC. Now that was an idea...

This is a copy of the card that was sent to all 28 drivers currently participating in WGPC Season 18.

Dear [insert driver name here],
you are cordially invited to the

WGPC Mid-Season Impromptu Bash

to be held at wherever is convenient at or near the Raichovsky Circuit.

Bringing your own food may be necessary.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:19 am

Meeting Alex Dimitrianov: The Man Behind the Machine

MFO SPORT

By Katarina Sava, WGPC Correspondent.

With the Mattijanan capital of Petrovijanka basking in 30 degree heat, a trip to the northern region of Danskia is a refreshing change. The heavily forested area spends a large portion of the year under a healthy covering of snow, but is currently coated in a layer of pine needles and wildflowers.

Hidden between the hills and lakes is the town of FredaBerg. Calling it a town would be a bit of an exaggeration to most of the Mattijanan population - the population of 3,600 is spread over an area of 450 square kilometres, but considering the regional capital of Snezn is a 2.5 hour drive to the East, it's a metropolis. It's also very pretty, sitting on the banks of FredasLak and surrounded by acres of walking trails and wilderness. Whilst the town's natural beauty is the main draw for visitors, a glimpse of it's most famous son will also be the dream for many tourists. That's because after 10 years, Alex Dimitrianov is back in his hometown.

After spending nearly a decade in Petrovijanka to be close to the headquarters of Petrovijanka Racing Team and subsequently MRT, the 34 year-old and his family have moved back to FredaBerg to be close to his parents, Marlena and Janek, and their family roots. Dimitrianov owns a traditional log cabin in the town along with his wife Sara and 4 year-old twins Matej and Kristian.

That's where I am now, or to be precise, that's the house to which the patio overlooking FredasLak that I'm sitting on happens to be attached to.

The Dimitrianovs have wheeled out all the typical Dansk hospitality for my arrival. There are a beautiful array of wildflowers in a vase on the table, next to a tin of Sara's homemade biscuits and a bottle of locally distilled Armankov. I'm not technically supposed to drink on the job, but I can't really refuse this time - not when it's being offered by a four-time Grand Prix winner. It's an idyllic scene, and a far cry from the urban townhouse the twins spent their earliest years in.

Family was obviously a big part in the move, not just looking back towards their roots, but looking into the future too. The countryside around, and in FredaBerg, is a much less restrictive place for two young boys to grow up than the capital and is much further from the prying eyes of the world's media. The quiet, reclusive life that the family lived in the capital was possible but tricky. Here it's the norm - and there's also an abundance of natural beauty that Petrovijanka ultimately lacks. As Alex looks out over the surroundings with a smile, it's clear to see how much he adores them.

"It's a great place to come back to. I feel a lot more energised for the second part of the season now than I ever felt during a mid-season break in Petrovijanka. It was good to have the connections there, but I can still visit friends there or have them up here. I wanted the boys to experience it as well. I had a great childhood here and I wouldn't want them to miss out."

With local knowledge and close relatives already in situ, settling in wasn't much of a bother either. Dimitrianov knows the town and the town knows him in a way that few others do.

"We have a very close-knit community here. There's no space for celebrity. You help your neighbours when they need it and they'll help you when you need it. It's a change to walk down the street and to have people say 'hi' to you because that's just what they do regardless of who you are."

Dimitrianov has come back to FredasBerg from a long first half of the season to see them before heading to Saint Joseph for the first of two mid-season tests. The constant travelling of the WGPC circus is demanding and leaves little time for home comforts, so the mid-season break takes on additional importance as a time to recuperate and recharge for the second instalment. Dimitrianov too has had a good start to the season, notching up two podiums and 4th in the driver's championship despite a schedule that on paper doesn't favour his more technical driving style. Is he satisfied? Not entirely.

"It was nice to get the couple of podiums at the start of the season. The drive in Dashoze was particularly pleasing from outside the points, but Eelandii is a circuit where I haven't traditionally done well, so that was important too. Hasn't quite gone our way since then, which is frustrating after the start we made, but I'm looking forward to the next set of races."

Lots is certainly hinging on the second part of the season. With the two TRAE drivers riding high at the top of the standings, there is plenty of catching up to do if the Badai Angin man is to mix it amongst the championship leaders again. The last of that set of races is at a new circuit in Ljubala, Mattijana, and Dimitrianov was welcoming of the new addition.

"It looks a really challenging track. There's the elevation change you get with most Mattijanan tracks and it looks like there's some interesting sections of corners too. It looks like it'll be unforgiving which always makes things more exciting for the fans as well. The Kopylov InterNazionRing is obviously a classic, but hopefully this will open the door to the Department of Sport introducing a few new tracks. DwaSavas is a great circuit and it would be awesome to see the Kvaglundsringge on the calendar too."

Of course the question on many people's lips at the moment is whether Dimitrianov will still be on the grid to see such change. This season is the 34 year-old's 6th and he has gone from Mattijana's international racing pioneer to a stalwart of the sport. How long can he go on?

"I'm still enjoying racing at the moment, and I'll carry on until I'm not enjoying it any more or I'm not good enough to do it anymore. I don't want to help Sara out supporting the family of course, so that's something I'll need to think about, but I've still got something left in me."

Taking inspiration from some of the sport's other long-termists is something Dimitrianov has done more and more as his career has progressed. With fellow veterans like iBen Toralmintii and R.L Cruisin both competing and winning, more longevity in the multiverse's premier racing series is certainly achievable.

"A lot of people have written off iBen and Cruisin as people who are just happy to sit in the mid-grid and take the pay-check, but they put a lot of work in every week that the fans don't see. It takes a lot of effort to stay sharp in the WGPC and they've shown in the first few races that they still have what it takes to win races."

Dimitrianov was also keen to stress that the mental side of high-level racing was equally - if not more important - than the physical side. Even a shortened 10 race series takes its toll and staving off the burnout is a tough task for any elite athlete.

"Those guys really have the work-life balance sorted as well. Everyone needs their outlets and with all the work iBen does in his domestic series, he's certainly got one. Talking to them and understanding what works for different drivers has been really valuable for me and it's certainly played a part in me coming back here."

Like those other WGPC warhorses, Dimitrianov has his outlets. The winter off-season meant a return to organising the local ice-rallying scene that he was once himself a part of. The DanskaRalli series makes use of the snow-covered forest trails and frozen lakes of the northern region and is a real grass - or tundra - roots affair. Participants often use their own modified cars, knowing full well they might not make it to work on Monday morning if they crash, and although safety regulations are stringent, there is still inherent risk involved in every event. With a WGPC career and priceless contracts to protect, Dimitrianov has taken a step back from driving, but the same passion for his motorsport roots also remains.

It's rare to see the fairly retiring Dimitrianov so open about what makes him tick, but this is clearly a much more relaxed Dimitrianov than we have seen previously, particularly since the scandal that saw him dropped by Vannish Motors and picked up by Fireline on the eve of WGPC15. That moment, as much as he wishes to forget it, is certainly something that has shaped his career.

"It made me realise just how fragile and valuable your seat is. The driver market is so competitive that the teams have all the power over who gets picked and who doesn't and that was evident then. I genuinely thought that was my international career done with until Fireline signed me."

Having picked up his second Grand Prix win with Fireline, he went on to get another with McPahan the following season and then signed with current team Badai Angin, winning once again with them on his way to a third-place finish in the Driver's Championship. As a consistent points-scorer and experienced head in the paddock, he is as close to a sure signing as anyone. Dimitrianov however says otherwise.

"No-one gets a seat on name alone. We saw how R.L Cruisin nearly got left out after a tough season last year and they're a classy, reliable driver. You have to be scoring points to be guaranteed of a slot and even then, the inter-team and international politics can get you too. I'm just grateful for every race I compete in and I want to make the most of each of these opportunities."

I've conveniently visited in the very small window when you can sit outside all night and after a very pleasant dinner on the patio, I'm back off to my hotel, naturally the only one in FredasBerg. Our next destination is another very different one, the small island of Saint Joseph for what promises to be the most chaotic mid-season test in WGPC history. The street circuit there is about as far from the ideal testing track as it's possible to get, but will be an excellent proving ground for the skills and reaction times of the drivers as they aim to get their technique into line for the back end of the year. I'll be there, MFO Sport will be there and as always, Alex Dimitrianov will be there.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Postby Squidroidia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:43 am

NOTE: The previous RP I made has been retconned due to the schedule change.

Daryl Mizushima woke up in a place that wasn't what he supposed to go yet. He was already in his hotel near the Raichovsky Circuit in Twicetagria. It turned out that he wasn't going to Île Saint-Joseph first, and that the schedule was, instead, going to Twicetagria first instead of what was originally planned. Not only that but there was supposed to be 2 non-Championship races, with all 28 drivers taking part. Finally, he thought, he was going to race!

But before he could get to his paddock, Daryl checked his Squidmail account, and there was an unread email, this time from V&T driver Lane Carter. He had found his email and it worked! So the driver got to reading, and he was mostly happy about it. But yeah, he had an email to write back.

Subject: RE: RE: Letter

Hey there again. Thanks for finding my email! I find this thing amusing, we're at the Raichovsky Circuit now instead of Île Saint-Joseph and we have 2 races that don't count towards the WGPC now... Oh and I actually get to race. Funny now isn't it?

Anyways, responding to your email. I know we have similarities in our racing careers but I don't think my countryman Shigeru is going to win a race, at least in his rookie season. If he does, he'll probably go ahead and pull a Tundra Falls 500 win out of the hat or maybe the FunStar Squidroidia 400 if that comes to pass. I like how you say I take each weekend head on, but to be honest that's because of qualifying. I have to beat my teammates in order to make a race, so every week is a new challenge.

With that out of the way, here's the thing about having a face to face talk with you. Due to this sudden rescheduling, it has allowed my schedule to open up slightly. Very slightly. I'll have to vlog with Valkyria in Twicetagria so that's booked and I have some sponsorship duties to fulfill, but you know what? I'll meet up with you after the Île Saint-Joseph race. How about that? When we get there I'll get to meet you before the season kicks off for real again. Deal?

I hope you do okay once we actually get to the non points-paying race. To be honest the testing session will probably be our practice run before the race. No qualifying to deal with, just prepare for the track ahead of time before the race. With it being reverse championship order I could even get front row! I'm not complaining about that!

So anyways, stay safe out there and good luck in the exhibition race!

Catch you when the lights go out,
-Daryl Mizushima

When Daryl finished his email to Lane, he had another email come in. It was from his teammate Charyseine. With a vlog on the way, he'd have to respond.

To: Charyseine Valkyria
Subject: About the Vlog

Hey there,

Yes I am interested in vlogging with you in Twicetagria, and I'd be glad if I met you. I am okay with another person to be honest. Maybe I'll be friends with them, who knows! Anything is possible!

About the vlog's purpose. To be honest most people might not know the Raichovsky Circuit until right when the race starts. So how about this - A guide to the Raichovsky Circuit, turn by turn? You and I could use footage from our test session to showcase to your viewers what the track is about and it can be more information for drivers if it gets onto the WGPC or WGP2 schedule in the near future.

And then an card came in. An invitation from William Archer, one of the drivers of the Preston Autos team. He asked, quite politely, for a party to be held in Twicetagria near the Raichovsky Circuit. And Daryl knew just what to do.

You know what? I just got this note from Archer about a party near your circuit. I can totally do a vlog with you and this other person from that party instead if you want. The Raichovsky guide can still happen, yes, but I do want to go to this party. Make sure to bring in some Cocoa-bo shakes if you can! ;)

So yeah, I think that's it! Good luck on the track and smile for the camera!

-Daryl Mizushima

And with that email sent, he got ready for testing. He was also going to head to this party hosted by Archer. Win-win.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:43 am

Raichovskiy Circuit, Raichovskiy, Twicetagaria
Sometime before the mid-season WGPC test
Rudy Edwards climbed into his Preston PGP-01 and noticed sticky notes all over the car. The sticky notes read “GET GOOD!” as if it was some kind of joke, and the sticky notes were everywhere. On the halo, on the steering wheel, the sides of the cockpit, everywhere. Somewhat annoyed, Rudy looked over at Marty Lewis, who had a smile on his face.

“This isn’t funny, Marty,” Rudy said. “We’re having all these problems and you’re trying to make a joke out of it? I mean, here we are busting our ass trying to get faster than the rest of the field and all you’re doing is putting up these dipshit signs on my car telling me to ‘get good’? Are you kidding me?”

“Come on, Rudy, I’m trying to put a smile on your face and calm down,” Marty explained. “Has the first part of the season sucked? Yes, it has. But if we can’t laugh at ourselves once in a while, what are we going to do?”

Rudy looked at Marty and shook his head. Both Rudy and Marty seemed like they had valid points. The season had been miserable thus far for Preston Autos, sitting 10th in the Constructor’s Standings after the first half of the season. Rudy sat 15th in the driver’s standings while teammate William Archer sat 23rd. To Rudy, it seemed outrageous that his boss could make a joke out of what had been a grossly underperforming team thus far.

But the fact was, Marty was right. The team had to laugh at itself. Those poor results weren’t going away, and crying about them wasn’t going to help them in the slightest. If anything else, it was kind of funny seeing a car with a bold, brash statement like “GET GOOD!” puttering along at the back of the field. Marty realized the humor of the situation, and felt that, before long, Rudy would too. All they could do at this point was continue to work to improve their poor lot in life.

But something else was going on beside the team’s dilemma with getting good. Rudy received an invitation from his teammate for a Mid-Season Impromptu Bash “to be held at wherever is convenient at or near the Raichovsky Circuit.”

Rudy walked over to Marty and figured that the Preston team might need to help William with the party.

“You wouldn’t happen to know how we could help William with this, would you?” Rudy asked.

Marty smiled. He knew just the person.

Hawking-Byrd Motorsports shop, Halsted, Wreckeria
A few minutes later
Sitting in his cramped office at the new Hawking-Byrd shop in an industrial park on the outskirts of Halsted in Wreckeria, Chet Byrd was reviewing some paperwork in advance of an upcoming race for this new race team he owned. The team, which competed in the NSSCRA, was co-owned by Chet and by Scott Hawking, whose family had imported Preston automobiles into Wreckeria for many years, first through a grey market and then officially.

Chet was also known as one of the expert party masters of international motorsports. For the last couple of years, in company with the NSSCRA’s race in Hapilopper City, Chet hosted an event called the “Big Ass Bash,” a large get-together at his house, featuring music, good food, cold beverages and his solar-powered swimming pool. The party had been acclaimed by many within the NSSCRA community as one of the highlights of the year, and although it likely wasn’t happening for the coming season, he was still counted on to organize large parties.

That being said, he wasn’t expecting a phone call from Marty Lewis on the matter of a party while he was reviewing some paperwork. If he had a phone call from Marty, he expected it to concern a rumored new engine block from Preston Autos designed specifically for NSSCRA racing, an engine block that Chet had been told would be coming for a few months now.

“Hey, uh, Byrd? Marty here,” the voice on the phone said. “What are you doing this weekend?”

“Wanted to go fishing, to tell you the truth,” Chet said. “There’s a nice lake not far from here that’s got some real nice largemouth bass. Why?”

“One of our drivers is wanting to host a party here in Twicetagaria, I think,” Marty said. “We think we might need to help him out with it. Since you’re so good with parties like this, could you help out? We’ll help you out if you help us out.”

Chet sighed and rolled his eyes. He really wanted to get on his bass boat and troll around Lake Walker, fishing for bass while downing a case of beer or two. But his reputation for putting together huge parties was second to none. And it sounded like that Marty, still seen in high regard within the Preston company, would help out the Hawking-Byrd team if Chet could pull through in the clutch.

“We’ll charter a plane for you to get to Twicetagaria, and we’ll pay for whatever supplies you get,” Marty said, sweetening the deal. “It’s on our budget, not yours.”

“Well, that’s good, because we’re pretty tight over here,” Chet said, a tinge of stress in his voice. “The Wreckerian economy collapsed and we’re having trouble finding sponsors, so if you can help out, that’d be great.”

“We will. I think we left you guys some P-cards,” Marty explained. “Those are paid for using a Preston account. I think we’re going to need some snacks, the nicest cuts of meat you can find and some alcohol. Matter of fact, all the alcohol you can find. You know how racing drivers are. We’ll send a plane to Halsted for you tonight so you can be here in the morning.”

“That’s great. See you tomorrow,” Chet said before hanging up.

A little bit annoyed, Chet walked out of his office to find Scott Hawking and Chris Holmes, Hawking-Byrd’s two NSSCRA drivers, looking over some data.

“Gang, I’m going to the store and then I’m off to Twicetagaria,” Chet said. “Apparently Preston’s Grand Prix team needs my help for something. On strict orders from Marty Lewis. Either way, he promised some extra support for the team in exchange for my assistance.”
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Nexus Racing HQ, Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
21st of October

Gertrude focusses. Her fingers blur between her keyboard and mouse; the old Assembly logo on the computer’s case shines brightly below.

There is a knock at the door. Her eyes briefly flick upwards. “I’m here; come in!”

It slides open, revealing a pair of individuals standing behind. Shana and Virgil rarely agree on anything; to see them both wearing identical expressions of concern…

It’s honestly a little disconcerting. “Ah… Hi. Can I… Can I do anything for you both?”

“Hey, Gertrude!” Virgil’s eyes sparkle for a moment, grin flashing before collapsing back to his previous expression. “We thought it might be good to come and just see if you were doing alright.”

“Virgil pointed it out to me a couple of days ago and now I look it’s really obvious.” Shana rests a hand on her hip. “You’ve been like a woman possessed, Gertrude. Is anything going on? Need an ear or four?”

Gertrude frowns. Then realisation flashes through her.

Dashoze Circuit, Dashoze, Dekijika, Ondori, Hodori
Horikawa Instruments Grand Prix of Hodori; Chequered Flag

And that is that! Yes!” Gertrude laughs in exultation, grinning broadly. She taps her foot with excitable rapidity, waiting for the lights on the display in front of her to show the communications to the cars opening… And taps at it. “That was a fantastic drive, both of you! Unmatchable pace at the end there, Jean; Ryker, thank you so much – a superb, superb defence that made it all possible. Well, well done; we’ll celebrate this evening!”

She leans back in her chair, pausing for a moment – and then she laughs and punches at the air.

I did this! First Builders, I orchestrated it!

I like this feeling!

Long may it continue!

Crossbay Circuit, Nimbus Bay, the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Nimban Grand Prix; Chequered Flag

Gertrude smiles into her headset’s microphone. “Well, well, well, Ryker Lane! I believe that we can call that your second WGPC victory, and on home tarmac from twelfth on the grid at that! Awesome job!”

“Thanks, Gertrude…” A hint of something other than triumph in his tone. “Thanks to everyone! That was… Well.”

He’s still thinking about Stone, isn’t he? A thrum of pride and sympathy runs through her. Imagination, Ryker… “Hey, you deserve this, you hear me? You were the absolute best driver in the field today, without a question.” She grins. “Now, go get that elderflower pressé that was specifically instituted here to honour you. Enjoy this, Ryker – there are so, so many people proud of you today.”

Fjellutfordring, Avsidesliggendevuoret, Aboveland
Abovian Grand Prix Sprint Race; Chequered Flag

“Wonderfully done once more, Ryker. Been a hard couple of events, I know, so this should be a just reward – well done!”

Gertrude nods, satisfied smile wide across her face.

21st of October

“Don’t worry, both of you. Just feeling significantly more determined than usual! Trying to get everything together for what’s coming.”

“Well…” Shana glances to Virgil, then looks back.

“Thanks for being concerned – I mean it. But I’m okay now, trust me.” Gertrude puts her hand to her chest.

Some sort of brief implicit conversation passes between the two of them; then, a few affirmatory gestures later, the door slides shut again.

Huh. Gertrude smirks, then returns to typing. “Didn’t know they were quite that close. Good for them.”

She focusses back on the timetable, looking towards the end of November. That would be about time to start things... Hmm. Gertrude taps at the desk. Right after the non-championship races. Didn’t Auburn say that there might be a provision in the rules for…

Yeah. Yeah, okay, that might work. Discuss with her and probably Karl too…

14th of November

Mmm. We’ve kept him on tenterhooks for long enough. Let’s bring him back.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:33 pm

CUTOFF
for Mid-season testing at Raichovsky Circuit
Слава Україні!

Liventia
Negotiator

Postby Liventia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Week 10: Mid-season testing
Conditions:      	Dry
Lap Record: 00:01:31.265
Session Length: 75 minutes
Nation: TWI
Circuit: Raichovsky Circuit

Drivers have 75 minutes to complete as many laps of the track as they like.

POS # ▍DRIVER                                     	FASTEST LAP	GAP TO LEADER
1 42 Alex Dimitrianov 00:01:39.029 00:00:00.000
2 47 Erica Okumura 00:01:39.039 00:00:00.010
3 22 Jasmin Kranjska 00:01:39.186 00:00:00.156
4 14 Sigur Bjarnason 00:01:39.291 00:00:00.261
5 72 Charyseine Valkyria 00:01:39.300 00:00:00.270
6 23 Cocoabo #23 00:01:39.306 00:00:00.277
7 76 Adriana Kowalski 00:01:39.346 00:00:00.317
8 94 Ryker Lane 00:01:39.357 00:00:00.328
9 51 R.L. Cruisin 00:01:39.358 00:00:00.329
10 7 Abdoulaye Goita 00:01:39.371 00:00:00.342
11 50 Rudy Edwards 00:01:39.395 00:00:00.365
12 85 Olivia Stone 00:01:39.481 00:00:00.452
13 11 Lane Carter 00:01:39.534 00:00:00.505
14 77 iBen Toralmintii 00:01:39.596 00:00:00.566
15 56 Terho Talvela 00:01:39.870 00:00:00.841
16 25 Gregori Krupin 00:01:39.905 00:00:00.876
17 82 Kinu Luminna 00:01:39.958 00:00:00.929
18 19 Dom Falepeau 00:01:40.204 00:00:01.174
19 71 Rustom Ibuna 00:01:40.353 00:00:01.323
20 37 Niklas Schonbaum 00:01:40.434 00:00:01.404
21 12 Anneliese Devereux 00:01:40.552 00:00:01.522
22 46 Kitti Armbruster 00:01:40.611 00:00:01.581
23 27 Dario Nülkeschläger 00:01:40.853 00:00:01.823
24 63 Daryl Mizushima 00:01:40.899 00:00:01.869
25 8 William Archer 00:01:40.963 00:00:01.934
26 52 Sayono Souzare 00:01:41.523 00:00:02.493
27 28 Sara Luna 00:01:41.578 00:00:02.548
28 41 Jean Mercer-Daly 00:01:44.217 00:00:05.188
Слава Україні!

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Mid-Season Test Before And Something To Enjoy!

Postby TJUN-ia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 pm

WGPC18 - MId-Season Test
Raichovian Mid-Season Test of Twicetagria
Raichovsky Circuit, Raichovsky, Twicetagria (a.k.a. Twicetagram and JYPe) (This one's for Twice!)

The mid-season test is here and that means we're off to...Twicetagria?! Yes, after a late change to the schedule, we are here at the Raichovsky Circuit for the only mid-season test of the WGPC18 season, with the other test session here and the one at Ile Saint-Joseph are instead going to be non-championship races - with the grid set in the reverse championship order.

It may sound strange, but this test may just now have become practise to the no-points race here next week and that sounds like fun. How will Lane Carter feel about starting near the front in a race that has no bearing on the championship? Who knows, but I feel I could be a fun one!

It certainly was an interesting idea to the Galarian. Non-championship races? It sounded fun, but also represented a reminded of his failures thus far - he knew he would be starting in the Top 10 for both of them. But nonetheless, he had more concerning matters to worry about as he began testing here in Raichovsky.

Raichovsky as a track was actually quite fun to drive around - both technical and powerful at the same time, it provided a challenge he knew would be fun under race conditions. The corners were tight in some areas but flowing in others and it was certainly was a blast for Lane to tame. In the end, he ended up 13th overall and only half a second off the pace set Alex Dimitrianov. With R.L. Cruisin in 9th, there was some hope in the Galarian's head that maybe a corner was about to be turned by Race Eelandii.

But now presented an interesting problem: what does the Galarian do now? He can't just go back home only to come back here again, that would be both wasteful and useless, but he doesn't really know Twicetagria that well. The answer came from the most unexpected place: his hotel door. A note had been slid under it by William Archer, son of the Devil himself, with the idea of hosting an "Impromptu Bash" not that far from here. If this was going to be anything like the Big Ass Bash or the Jungle Fever in NSSCRA, then Carter can expect lots of fun. He was certainly going to go, but maybe in some casual clothing.

As he went to check his wardrobe, he got an e-mail from Daryl Mizushima. He stopped to look at it and smiled: Île Sain-Joseph has just opened up in his schedule and the Inkhallen actually wants to meet up after the non-championship race there. Things were finally starting to treat the Galarian well, and he knew just what to do.

To: dmizushima@squidmail.sqr
Subject: RE: RE: RE: Letter

Hello, it's me again! Nice to see another response find its way to me, so thanks for that. The non-championship races will certainly be fun, albeit a bit out of the blue, but that's just my take.

I understand your points about qualifying, but not about Shigeru. I know it may seem like an unlikely possibility that he would end up winning a race in NSSRCA X, but that was the exact feeling many in TJUN-ia felt about Michael Stefan in NSSCRA 9. If I told someone after that first race that he would not only win a race that season but also almost make the playoffs, I think many would think I was crazy. It seemed impossible at the start and yet...it happened. I will be quietly cheering on your compatriot from the sidelines in the season to come (unless if both of our teams are fighting for a race win, then it's on!).

I'm actually pretty excited for racing with nothing on the line and I hope you do good, too. With the gird being in the reverse championship order, it will be interesting to see how both of us do far up the gird with the "big names" down towards the rear. As for meeting up, I would be very happy to meet up after Île Saint-Joseph! I don't mind where or when, that is your call, but I would very much like to meet you.

I hope you stay safe too and if I don't see you at that Bash the son of the Devil* is throwing, then I will see you after Île! Good Luck!

Kind Regards,
Lane Carter
Driver of #11 for Race Eelandii Vilita and Turori GP

*PS: If you don't understand why I referred to William like that, It's about his father Gil. Let's just say, he did a bad thing to one of our NSSCRA drivers and it made a lot of people mad. We can talk about it more when we meet if you want?
Last edited by TJUN-ia on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Squidroidia
Diplomat

Postby Squidroidia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 pm

The last Preston.

It is a joke among the backmarkers of the WGPC that whoever had finished below the last Preston on race day or in qualifying or testing had to "Get Good" - Get Good in this case being what was on the back wings of the Preston cars. The Prestons themselves usually don't finish that high, and William Archer has been one of the WGPC's biggest memes this season due to his early DNFs in the first couple of rounds. Only Daryl himself could be on the same level as William in terms of sheer lolcowdom - How much of a joke they were. Mr. Mizushima was the 1 race driving Squidroidian, Mr. Archer was telling the back of the field to "Get Good" instead of what Preston really wanted - For the front of the grid to see that brash statement.

At the Raichovsky Circuit in Twicetagria, before the first of 2 non-Championship races, and while the hometown hero put on a clinic in her Motorworks, Daryl Mizushima, driving the #63 Motorworks, narrowly escaped being subject to those 2 words.

"Daryl that is a 1:40.899. Worst Motorworks car on the grid but still a good result by any means."

It was also good footage too - The Squidroidian and local driver Charyseine Valkyria were planning on vlogging from the track on either side of their stay in Twicetagria. Good, honest, clean work of the track, showing Daryl's skills (Or to a WGPC superfan lack thereof) on the Twicetagrian track. He also narrowly escaped the Get Good moniker for the testing session - Souzare, Luna and Mercer-Daly weren't as lucky. The unholy trinity of Getting Good, as they say.

As the Squidroidian exited his car and started to do sponsorship duties, he would check his phone, knowing that he had an email from Lane to answer. This was Twicetagria after all, they were planning on running 2 NSSCRA teams, so in a roundabout way, the nationality of the 2 guys talking to each other and the nationality of the track (Even if you could make a track a living breathing thing made out of carbon) were all having NSSCRA teams being sent to take on teams from across the multiverse, from Tundra Falls to Nuuk. And it was fine for the Squidroidian.

But he had no time to waste. He had to stay here and attend that damn party Mr. Get Good is organizing with his Preston peeps. So as he did the rest of his sponsorship duties and whatnot, Daryl brainstormed on an email to send to the Galarian. And when he finally sat down back at his hotel room, he got to work.

Subject: RE: RE: RE: RE: Letter

Hey there once again Lane. Taking some downtime after testing to get back to you before the big party, It's fun that you called William the son of the Devil, even if his dad did something bad to one of the Jaguar drivers. Personally I just want to call him Mr. Get Good due to how poorly he does. I'm sorry if William picks this up, but I have never found a better joke for those 2 words on the Preston wings! :rofl:

I am happy with racing with nothing at stake, not even a chance to make the race in terms of my Motorworks drivers. I don't know exactly if I were to get front row or even "pole" at Raichovsky or Île Saint-Joseph due to the 4 DNSs to my name, but it just feels awesome, even if it's not exactly for points, that I'm racing this far up the grid. It's going to feel a lot like the Cocoabo Expo. Again, sorry for bringing it up, but I just have a special place for that event in my heart. I proved myself to the motorsports world on that qualifying day, and I'm going to keep it in my heart as long as I keep racing.

Speaking of Cocoabo Expo, I know the Cocoabo Park Circuit is going to host a NSSCRA race! And speaking of NSSCRA, I really like what you said about Shigeru and what Stefan had to go through last season. We may never know until he actually wins, but the journey is better than the payoff in some cases. I'm going to tell him that Lane said hi, if you don't mind.

As for the meetup, are you okay with meeting me at the hotel? Now now, we won't get romantic over anything, this isn't some weird Lanyl* WGPC fanfiction, I just feel like a hotel conversation before we hustle to Nekoni for the start of the 2nd half of the season would be more relaxing than compared to doing it at the paddock. You wanna know something? Gossip can get on your nerves! ;)

So anyways, that's it for now. Again, if I don't meet you at Mr. Get Good's party, I'll totally meet you in Île Saint-Joseph. No pressure Lane, keep doing what you're doing!

-Daryl Mizushima

*Lanyl would probably be a shipping name for me and you, hence why I used it in my fanfiction quip.
Last edited by Squidroidia on Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016

Postby Diarcesia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm

...and so it was.

The final test lap of the mid-season test came down in the final minutes. A series of winding corners nearly led into a shameful mistake. But then, this is about bringing the capability of the car to the limit. A mistake in a true qualifying session could cost you.

In the end, the mistake wasn't shameful. Sara was able to regain control after spinning. At one point, it looked like she was going to hit the wall, but she lost enough speed to prevent that from happening. Aside from flubs like that, her Volkov car was a glorious sight to behold at each moment she showed it its fullest potential.

"That's awesome," she told her crew after she returned. "What you did got me more excited. I think we've got a good attempt at improving our situation. Good job, everyone."

She gave her team credit. They had done their part. Now it was time to rest for the day.

Under the instigation of William Archer, Sara received an invitation for a party in the same week as the non-championship Raichovian Grand Prix of Twicetagria. With the Hapiloppians coordinating one of these events, it will provide a great excuse to hang out with her competitors.

"How does this feel? The Haps sure would prepare a great meal. Now they want to kill some time too?" Tom asked.

"I know, it's weird. Not that I'm missing out."

Sara didn't seem to mind, laughing at Tom's antics. "We're not all sweating in this weather, Tom. There's a reason why I wear tank tops inside. Plus, you know, the Haps have been known to get together for a few hours at a time for parties."

"I think it's great that they are into socializing", said Tom. "They could use some more to liven up the schedule. It's been a few days. Maybe they could make a few more impromptu stops here if they like."

"You never know what could happen", said Sara. "I'm sure they could put a great event together."

"Well, they have great timing. Two weeks here could drive some of them crazy. We'll see how the party ends. All I ask is for them to not put you into trouble."

It was obvious that this particular party would attract much interest from the drivers. Most had been working nonstop during the season so far. Sara was quick to respond.

I'm accepting this invitation. I could always spend more time with the other drivers. It's been a while since I've been in one of these things, she wrote in her response. "Besides, this is the kind of place where you can make new friends and make new experiences. It's a great way to bond. Maybe some will even fall in love."

It was clear that this particular driver was happy about this particular invitation. They would be fun and exciting to watch. Sara had already shown to be one of the better drivers as far as the points accumulated is concerned. Now it seemed like it was time to take a breather.

Sara's phone vibrated on a table top. "Sara, can I call you?", read the text. It was from Aldauren Ginintella.

"Yes," she texted back... "Hi Aldauren, what's up?" she said after answering his call.

"Just wanna say congratulations with you being in fifth place into the mid-season."

"Thanks. I'm a little shocked myself. There's still much to go, though. It's not really time to get carried away."

"I'm sure you can make some good connections with you making waves there. You are a good person and you hang with a great group. Just remember: there is a time and place for everything. Do you understand that?"

"I know this is important," she replied. "But... I just wanna make sure I haven't missed anything. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to catch up."

"You're welcome. Bye!"

She hung up the phone. On the other end of the line, it took a few moments for Aldauren to compose himself. He had much to do, after all. For his part, he had to prepare the Pryfors Bilar World Grand Prix team. The timing was critical. Now it was just a matter of waiting.

Today was really important for Aldauren. The team's next race would be in the very near future. With the way the WGP3 had been shaping up, it was imperative that the team get together. The next two races were crucial. The more competitive they played, the better chance he had of steering them for success. Additionally, he himself had to be prepared for eventualities and get organized.

He had spent the last few days at the local PB research center. The Losphortoenean car company has a facility in the same vicinity as an old race track. They ran many of the same drills, albeit on a much larger scale. There were even times when he would go on a task of his own. It was a great way to get out on the track and get some fresh air.

Now that the WGP3 season was in full swing, the researchers at the facility were putting together a new kind of setup. They had to find a way to get the most out of the car while at the same time continue to be good at what it did. There was one thing that was certain: the team needed to be smart about who they bring in.

As the PB car was pulled away from the pits, Aldauren looked over his shoulder at the dozens of engineers and technicians gathered around him. He didn't know what to expect. Perhaps he expected the usual suspects. He was wrong. There were a few surprises.

One of the first to clap was Louis Meissner. It was obvious why Meissner was there. He was there because he had seasons' worth of engineering experience. It was only a matter of time before he could be a deputy team principal in his own right.

"Alright! Let's do this!" Aldauren said in a sing-song voice. "This is the only way we can perfect our cars!"

Aldauren had been chosen as principal because he could wear many hats other than his usual drivers' one. It was something that was painstakingly accumulated over so many years. The more he elaborated what he says, the more his words carried weight. His presence could be felt even if he left a room some time before.

"It's not just about the technical aspects" Aldauren added. "This has been a long time coming. It's time for us to make an impact on the sporting world."

Meissner nodded. It was obvious from the moment he heard Aldauren's words. He was glad to finally be working with someone who shared his passion.

"I've been meaning to get involved with a team for some time. The fact that this is the only way to do it makes it even more important that I get this right. This is my chance to make an impact. I'm glad to be a part of this. Together we can make something special."

Meissner's words brought a smile to Aldauren's face. He could sense that Aldauren was more than happy to be around him. The elf seemed to enjoy working with competent people.

"I'm glad you were able to help out", Aldauren said. "I'm glad to be around the guys. You know, I'm optimistic on the team's direction. This is just the icing on the cake."

"Yeah, I feel the same way", Meissner said with a laugh.

"It's going to be special," Aldauren agreed.

"With the way the season's shaping up, it's going to be an issue with a lot of different types of circuits. But I'm confident that we can pull off a good show. This is why our cars are tested more than that of other teams. I think we've got a good shot," Meissner concluded.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:15 pm

A Guide of Raichovskiy Circuit w/ Daryl Mizushima

Chars fixes the camera as he reveals not one, but two people
Chars: Hey guys! Today, you might realise that there's another guy alongside me. He's Daryl Mizushima of Squidroidia, and also my teammate!
Daryl: Hi guys! Today I'll be featuring on Chars' vlog, and I'llne showing you around Raichovskiy Circuit, corner by corner!
Graphics of turns 1 and 2 show up, as well as Mizushima's footage of his car going through the corners
Daryl: Turn 1 isn't exactly hard, but it's super easy to mess up if you hit the wrong apex. The corner is quite acute, so your turning point is very important here. Turn 2 is slightly easier, but since it comes right after turn 1, drivers will be challenged to exit turn 1 perfectly to go to turn 2.
Turns 3 and 4 appear next
Daryl: Turn 3 is somewhat like turn 1, except more wide, and the turning angle is bigger. You still need to prepare yourself from turn 2 though, because the 'straight' from turns 2 to 3 isn)t that long at all! Turn 4 is a wide corner, but even though going full out over there is possible, you'd need to time your exit from turn 3 perfectly.
The ‘legendary’ turn 5 shows up next on the screen, with a montage of many drivers going through the corner, flawlessly or with mistakes.
Daryl: Turn 5 is probably one of the hardest yet most challenging parts of the circuit. For one, you’re supposed to go full throttle through the corner, and stepping on the gas brake the whole time can be challenging because you may spin out if your tyres get a flat spot. Another problem is spinning out. The gravel trap is close to the corner, and anyone unlucky to spin into there may have a hard time coming out.
Chars: However, if executed perfectly, I usually feel a sense of achievement because this is one of the most memorable corners in Twicetagrien motorsports.
Next up is... turns 6, 7 and 8. The most focused corner is 8.
Daryl: Turn 6 isn’t exactly east because it’s acuteness abruptly stops the flow or speed you had passing through turn 5. Nevertheless, it’s still manageable. Turn 7 is a corner that should be taken flat out. This is one of the overtaking spots in the circuit. Turn 8 is sort of a u-turn corner. Not too hard at all, and this is one of the DRS detection zones.
Turns 9 through 13 are shown next.
Daryl: Turns 9, 10 and 12 are similar in the sense that you can take the corner flat out. Turns 9 and 10 make up the not-so-straight straight and also one of the only DRS spots. This is a prime place for drivers to overtake. Turn 11 is merely a mimic of turn 8 in the fact that it’s also a u-turn corner. The hard part is turn 13. This almost 90-degree corner can take drivers out if they’re not paying attention. Like turn 5, the gravel trap is right next to its outside, so beware of losing yourself here.
Turns 14 to 17 are the last ones to appear on the vlog.
Daryl: Turns 14 to 17 are fast-flowing corners with minimal breaking required, with the exception of turn 16. This can make for some exciting action when drivers go wheel to wheel over this section. After that, drivers prepare themselves for the start/finish straight where they start another lap.

Chars: Well, that is it, guys! Make sure to support us in the next non-championship race in... Raichovskiy! Also stay tuned because a new vlog is coming your way!

Chars Short: Where’s The Library?
Chars looked at the invitation card he was handed. Apparently William Archer of Preston Autos was inviting him to a party in this Raichovskiy hotel. Why not Twice Square or Legothria? he thought, those have better hotels. Whatever. A party was still a party, and parties were fun when Chars was around. He’d mark the date and time on the calendar and set a reminder on his phone.

“This hotel is boring. Let me walk around the vicinity,” Chars told himself. Thus, he set off. He walked around the hotel lobby, wondering if there was a library somewhere around. He didn’t know small cities well, and his phone died. Just then, he’d seen something that caught his eye. In a bad way. It was the girl. The girl who’s criticised him on his socials. Usually Chars wouldn’t care, but this girl seemed like she’d do anything to kill him. Trying not to act too conspicuous, Chars went on his way. Unfortunately, where was he supposed to go? He didn’t know where the library’s was, and there weren’t too many people in the lobby. The receptionists would probably fangirl over him, which was far from what he wanted. Chars could just go back to his room, but guess what. He confronted the girl.

“Hey. Have you seen the library?” He asked. The girl smirked and said, “New to the area? I mean, your subpar circuit guide should have helped. Sadly you only covered the circuit. What a shame.”

What was this person saying? It’s like they’re trying to act badass but they sound self-defeating, Chars thought. Anyway, he’d continue talking, “Look, don’t talk shit about Daryl or me. It’s called a circuit guide for a reason.” The girl rolled her eyes in response, before saying, “Look, stop acting as if you’re the best in the world when you’re not. The fan girls are just an illusion. Besides, stop acting like a femboy. It’s weird. By the way, the map is on the counter over there. Your blind eyes could figure that out, could they?” She left after that.

Wow, Chars thought, I actually wasted time talking with her. Chars didn’t have an appetite to go to the library anymore.
johnathan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports