NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Mon May 22, 2023 10:46 pm

May 27's Everlong Race info, as discussed with Newmanistan over TG. Will be held on the same window as the Guilin race on Multiversal side of things.

Event: Quebecom 600 at Baie-Verte
Track: Baie-Verte Speedway
City: Baie-Verte, Joongyeong Federal Province, Quebec and Shingoryeo
Length: 2 miles
Record: 40 seconds (lap record, very important information).
Number of Laps: 300
Layout: Rectangular oval with 40-degree turn. Repaved frequently due to the difficulties imposed by winters in Quebec and Shingoryeo, therefore requiring the race to be set in IC September, latest possible time before the seasonal closure of the circuit.
DNF Tendency* (1 to 10): 10. Has a peculiar reputation in Quebec and Shingoryeo for its difficulty.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Tue May 23, 2023 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Mon May 22, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Tue May 23, 2023 10:45 am

Open Charters for Wreckeria:

#65 - Clayton Smith (Wreckeria)
#92 - Patrick Nelson (Wreckeria)
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue May 23, 2023 2:48 pm

If anyone is still planning to send me more Rumble entries, please send them before tomorrow night's cut off.

In other words, you have 28 hours from the time of this post.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed May 24, 2023 8:14 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:If anyone is still planning to send me more Rumble entries, please send them before tomorrow night's cut off.

In other words, you have 28 hours from the time of this post.

Rumble sign ups are closed. The Rumble will be held tomorrow night.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Fri May 26, 2023 12:52 pm

Requesting #42 for Leonidas Baxter.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue May 30, 2023 4:22 pm

Dates edited into the schedule through the end of the year. After tonight/tomorrow's race, we'll race again on June 6/7, having this coming weekend off. There will also be a week between the last two races. That should work for the World Cup, since the Baptism of Fire hasn't actually begun yet.
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 pm

Experiencing computer isssues. Results in around an hour or so.

Dhemixia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 05, 2022

Postby Dhemixia » Tue May 30, 2023 7:47 pm

I'm a newbie to NSSports and wanted to start with this, but i do have a bunch of questions.
If there is an FAQ, these questions were already answered, or they are dumb, just let me know.

1. Is there no experience requirement for the Multiversal series, or does everyone have to start out in Everlong?
2. What do you use to create and render car paint schemes?
3. When are signups for the next season?
4. Is RP graded based on length, quality, topic, etc. to decide the scorination?
5. Do you have to host a race in a season you participate in?
6. If you have multiple drivers, do you have to separately RP for each of them, or does it carry over for each driver?

Don't feel pressured to answer these right away, i totally get it if your hours are bad.
Once again, If any of these were already answered, they're dumb, or i'm dumb and put this in the wrong thread, please let me know.
Thanks for doing this.
Last edited by Dhemixia on Tue May 30, 2023 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's empty.
No longer.
NSCF 29 Pioneer Bowl -> UC-Prairie

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 pm

So I can't answer any of the scorination questions - that's Newmanistan's realm, but I'll try to answer a few questions for you. And these are good questions!

Dhemixia wrote:1. Is there no experience requirement for the Multiversal series, or does everyone have to start out in Everlong?

No experience necessary - you can enter as many as three cars in both the Multiversal and Everlong series. You can make up whatever domestic experience your drivers have - like you could have your country's equivalent of Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip and Jeff Gordon driving your cars.

So while this is not mandatory, this is something a lot of us have done for our RPs - using templates for the original cup mod for the NASCAR Racing 2003 Season game - using fictional car manufacturers for our teams - for instance, I use a car called the Preston Super Skychief. You can find a bunch of fictional templates here:
https://efr1.forumotion.com/t2378-template-repository

To render cars, a lot of use the NR2003 Carviewer program, which can be found here:
https://stunodracing.net/index.php?resources/n2k3-car-viewer.6793/

It's not mandatory. You can enter as little as one driver for the series or as many as three drivers for both series and a track and a race.

6. If you have multiple drivers, do you have to separately RP for each of them, or does it carry over for each driver?

As far as I'm aware, it carries over for each driver. I don't always RP for all of my drivers - and in fact, one of my drivers is borrowed from another nation.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Tue May 30, 2023 8:02 pm

Dhemixia wrote:I'm a newbie to NSSports and wanted to start with this, but i do have a bunch of questions.
If there is an FAQ, these questions were already answered, or they are dumb, just let me know.

1. Is there no experience requirement for the Multiversal series, or does everyone have to start out in Everlong?
4. Is RP graded based on length, quality, topic, etc. to decide the scorination?

Don't feel pressured to answer these right away, i totally get it if your hours are bad.
Once again, If any of these were already answered, they're dumb, or i'm dumb and put this in the wrong thread, please let me know.
Thanks for doing this.

1. There is no experience requirement, but like in real life, a driver will have better chances of winning starting out in a lower series, in this case Everlong. Don't let that discourage you from trying your luck in Multiversal if you so desire, however.

2. This would be a good starting place for car templates:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5i2314yh1riga39
http://www.mediafire.com/?u6aqyuo6h0u726q
http://www.mediafire.com/?pt9idpz70p87ny0

Note though that we use our own fictional brands for the car manufacturers and sponsors, so whichever you use there will need some editing in Photoshop (not sure on any other image editing program - that link I just gave contains PSD files)

Or if you want, just give me sufficient information, like colors and brand names, and I can make the car for you.

For a basic render, we use the NR2003 Carviewer: https://stunodracing.net/index.php?reso ... ewer.6793/

If you want something more advanced, I have a Blender scene. If you're familiar with Blender, you may either TG me here or contact me on the NS Motorsports Discord. If not, I'm willing to render for you if you give me the "flat" or texture file that you made, or if you request me to make the entire paintjob, I'll send it back already rendered.

Note though that paintjobs are not really a requirement, but are very much appreciated.

3. We are already deep into the playoff stage of this season, so it will take a while for the next season, several months. Hopefully you're still interested by then, we'd welcome you with open arms.

4. That's something you would have to ask the host, I'm afraid

5. It's your choice, but most do also host a race in addition to fielding drivers.

6. I honestly don't know the process to how RPs are scored, so again you'd have to ask the host.
'
Hope these help!
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue May 30, 2023 8:04 pm

Dhemixia wrote:1. Is there no experience requirement for the Multiversal series, or does everyone have to start out in Everlong?

You can start in Multiversal if you prefer, but you'll probably get some crappy results at the beginning of your first season. You'll start to see noticeable improvement later in the season if you RP consistently.

Saint Kanye is the guy to ask for help with that.

Not sure, depends when Newmanistan is ready. I would expect them toward fall or winter of this year.

I would recommend focusing on quality the most. We RP about a mix of racing and sideplots.

No. Most people like to have a race in their nation, but it's not required.

RPing will benefit all your drivers, even if your RP doesn't mention all of them.

Thanks for doing this.

You're not dumb. Please don't be embarrassed to ask questions.
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Tue May 30, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue May 30, 2023 8:11 pm

Dhemixia wrote:I'm a newbie to NSSports and wanted to start with this, but i do have a bunch of questions.

Thanks for doing this.

1) No, everyone does not have to start in EverLong, you can start in Multiversal.
2) I'll let one of our awesome paint scheme creators answer that.
3) Probably in the fall, around when the real NASCAR chase happens, but no guarantees on that.
4) Quality is the most important thing. Writing something that is captivating and simply shows that you put a good effort into it is what is valued the most. This does not have to be at a great length. I also consider whether or not the RP stimulates responses from other nations and value that highly. It's preferred to stay on topic, but not required. If it's not going to be a racing RP, I will still judge based on the effort that I feel was put into it. I am not a strict grader.
5) Not really, but it's encouraged.
6) There are two separate columns that get added together for the drivers individual score. The primary portion of the drivers ranking (or skill level put in xkoranate) is the RP bonus in which the nation has scored. As this competition is largely about RP, this will always be the most important component. It is spread evenly among the nations primary (not open charter) drivers. There is a smaller, secondary variable per driver based on their past performance that will mean that every driver from one nation will not end up having the same exact value put into xkoranate.

Dhemixia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 05, 2022

Postby Dhemixia » Wed May 31, 2023 5:22 am

Wow. I did not expect this many responses. I cannot thank you enough for helping me out.

Edit: Saint Kanye, thank you so much for giving me those resources, but i wouldn't want to weigh you down by having you make my car. Thank you so much for the offer though.
Last edited by Dhemixia on Wed May 31, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's empty.
No longer.
NSCF 29 Pioneer Bowl -> UC-Prairie

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed May 31, 2023 6:50 am

Dhemixia wrote:Wow. I did not expect this many responses. I cannot thank you enough for helping me out.

Edit: Saint Kanye, thank you so much for giving me those resources, but i wouldn't want to weigh you down by having you make my car. Thank you so much for the offer though.

Oh no, I don't really mind - it's something I enjoy doing. But hey, if you'd rather take a crack at it yourself, that's more than alright! Feel free to ask for advice whenever there's something you need cleared up, though.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:44 pm

There has been one open charter request:
#00- Jixaka Motorai (Tropicorp) (TG request)
So, we'll allow an additional *Q* driver into the field.

Also note that #77, Juracai Klianiota, drives the third chartered Tropicorp entry for the next 3 races (per TG).

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:49 pm

Requesting open charter for Anna if she didn't make it in by qualifications, please. <3

If she does qualify naturally so, then the next qualifier can go in.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:01 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Requesting open charter for Anna if she didn't make it in by qualifications, please. <3

If she does qualify naturally so, then the next qualifier can go in.

Noted!

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:23 pm

Is the next race really Fri/Sat instead of Sat/Sun?

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:37 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Is the next race really Fri/Sat instead of Sat/Sun?

Oops!
Thanks for catching that. Next race is Sat/Sun, June 10/11! I've fixed the schedule to reflect that!

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:09 pm

Hi, requesting the following open charters for the Kardashia race:

#54 Goostavo the Migrating (AOCAR driver from the Canadian Dominion, discussed on Discord)
#22 Pyotr Lavrentiev

Thanks!

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:46 am

Saint Kanye wrote:Hi, requesting the following open charters for the Kardashia race:

#54 Goostavo the Migrating (AOCAR driver from the Canadian Dominion, discussed on Discord)
#22 Pyotr Lavrentiev

Thanks!

The above will be the open charter allotment for Kardashia.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:20 pm

A couple ideas going through my head during this boring NASCAR race, for the upcoming season NSSCRA.

Idea #1- Increase the number of points for a win to the Chase from three to five.

Idea #2- Drivers winning a segment get a bonus point (for that race, not for the chase). Points for the pole increased from 1 to 2.

Let me know what you think of this!

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:47 pm

Newmanistan wrote:A couple ideas going through my head during this boring NASCAR race, for the upcoming season NSSCRA.

Idea #1- Increase the number of points for a win to the Chase from three to five.

Idea #2- Drivers winning a segment get a bonus point (for that race, not for the chase). Points for the pole increased from 1 to 2.

Let me know what you think of this!

I'm OK either way. Wouldn't mind trying these out, but the status quo is fine as it is too.

Quebec and Shingoryeo
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2020

Postby Quebec and Shingoryeo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:46 pm

I echo Sherpa's sentiments regarding proposed changes.
Last edited by Quebec and Shingoryeo on Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Quebec & Shingoryeo
Olympic Council President (XVIII) - World Cup of Hockey Federation President (cycles 24-29, cycle 47-49) - NationStates College Football Commissioner (cycles 20-)
Trigramme: QUE | Denonym: Quebecois/Shingoryeoite (interchangeable) | Population: 94 million
MegaSport.que - The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere
Have won many, hosted even more

International Basketball Championships 37-39 Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXVI Champions

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:17 pm

Sounds good, but if I may add a suggestion to have the regular season champ also get five more points per round (except the finale)? Just so it actually means something.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19