NATION

PASSWORD

NSSCRA Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm

I tried to rush through a little and to post just before the cut-off time. Turns out, I was late by a few seconds anyway, and now I got two parts already up there. :P

One post about Golden Bear, and another post about Starlight Suites and the Qualifications for VannAir Blue Coast 400.

On the bright side, I will only need to write about the actual race next, then. All good! ^^
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I tried to rush through a little and to post just before the cut-off time. Turns out, I was late by a few seconds anyway, and now I got two parts already up there. :P

One post about Golden Bear, and another post about Starlight Suites and the Qualifications for VannAir Blue Coast 400.

On the bright side, I will only need to write about the actual race next, then. All good! ^^

The RP you posted a few seconds after the cutoff was noticed by me in time and accounted for. :)

Hapilopper wrote:
Well, I’m trying to convince Drake if he’d like to run the open charter, if we could get it,” Ken said.

“Yeah, I agree,” Drake said. “I’ll drive your car if NSSCRA lets us use an open charter. I can’t say I can commit to anything other than that, but hell, I think I could give them a run for their money.”

Pending approval, the car would be numbered 71 and would feature a black, blue and green paint scheme.

Can I, please? Thank you.

This is all fine!

Newark Aristocracy wrote:I'm bringing Kohan Back for the rest of the season,explanation for my team pulling out will be in RP thread after results of RND 15 are posted.

He can return, but as a need to qualify in driver.
Last edited by Newmanistan on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Postby Tropicorp » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:10 pm

| 45 | #78 Cocoabo #78 (Tropicorp) | DNF

Bad Cocoabo!
- Tropicorp -

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Newmanistan wrote:The RP you posted a few seconds after the cutoff was noticed by me in time and accounted for. :)

Awesome, thanks! ^^
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Saint Kanye
Minister

Founded: Jan 28, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Valentine Z wrote:On the bright side, I will only need to write about the actual race next, then. All good! ^^

You've caught up. Noice.

Newark Aristocracy wrote:I'm bringing Kohan Back for the rest of the season,explanation for my team pulling out will be in RP thread after results of RND 15 are posted.

So that means your team didn't fold, right? Maybe we could say that the charter was sold back to the league?

Tropicorp wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:What about the number? McCurty has the 23. Flip it? Holden has the 32. Double it? Alvarez has the 46.

Yea, that is the one conundrum. Even 03 is taken. Maybe 43, 53, 63 or 98

63 is Baptiste and 98 is Motorai, but Motorai is also yours so it's your call, really.
Gale Force Racing (NSSCRA Main Tier)
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Skip Stiller Speedworks (NSSCRA Second Tier)
20 Sage Caldwell | 22 Pyotr Lavrentiev (S13 Champion) | 30 Lexi Patterson

Champion:
IBC 20, 22, 23, 24 (Basketball)
NSCAA 11 (College Basketball)
IC7 II, VI (7ball)
Arena Bowl VI (Arena Gridiron)
NSSCRA 9 (Stock Car Racing)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Oh, right. Like I said before, whether or not #63 was chosen again to be inside, it's up to you guys. ^^ I have no issues with whether or not he made it inside.

I'm happy that my three Valentian drivers are doing good on their own. :D
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:06 pm

Tropicorp wrote:
Saint Kanye wrote:What about the number? McCurty has the 23. Flip it? Holden has the 32. Double it? Alvarez has the 46.

Yea, that is the one conundrum. Even 03 is taken. Maybe 43, 53, 63 or 98

The invitational race an IRACT-sanctioned event held before NSSCRA qualifying, so you would be able to use #23 for that, and then switch to something else for the GXT 400 if the cocoabo wins the charter.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am

How does that work? Are you scorinating? How?

The Pencurve open charter battle is simply part of qualifying, fastest time gets it.
18 Jeremiah Brooke (S9 Champ, S13 Runner-up) | 27 Stacie Houston (S7 Champ, S12 Runner-up) | 46 Thea Alvarez (S10 Runner-up)

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:17 am

Saint Kanye wrote:How does that work? Are you scorinating? How?

The Pencurve open charter battle is simply part of qualifying, fastest time gets it.

Yeah, I'll be scorinating it. I'll post more info as it gets closer.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

Caleonia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Caleonia » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:27 am

oops.. kinda went away for the entire summer... my bad..
Caleon | Grünkohlland
The land of progress, the first society of speed.
MT/PMT (Cyberprep in 2035) | National Day: September 3 | Refer to this for policies | More than a “funny car nation”, and pays no attention to F1 | Hatsunia and I are NOT related, I just exist in his universe due to us sharing the same region.
Overview | Caleon Pro Baseball

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am

Caleonia wrote:oops.. kinda went away for the entire summer... my bad..

You still have time to catch up.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:24 pm

I never actually mentioned this, but this whole idea of times of a driver meet and greet being incorrectly stated were based on a real life experience I had as a fan at Dover about six years ago. In fact, that was even more disorganized then I had the Patterson meet and greet be, and it really turned me off to doing such a thing again.
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Hampton Island wrote:I never actually mentioned this, but this whole idea of times of a driver meet and greet being incorrectly stated were based on a real life experience I had as a fan at Dover about six years ago. In fact, that was even more disorganized then I had the Patterson meet and greet be, and it really turned me off to doing such a thing again.

Which driver?

Newark Aristocracy wrote:only 5 weeks after the team suddenly pulled from NSSCRA.

You pulled out at Hampton Island. That's only 1 week. 1 race=1 week.

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Hampton Island
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:17 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:
Hampton Island wrote:I never actually mentioned this, but this whole idea of times of a driver meet and greet being incorrectly stated were based on a real life experience I had as a fan at Dover about six years ago. In fact, that was even more disorganized then I had the Patterson meet and greet be, and it really turned me off to doing such a thing again.

Which driver?

Matt Kenseth. Matt did nothing wrong and stayed past the window but couldn't do so that long because he had other obligations. Completely disorganized by the track, though.
NSSCRA Also-rans

Saint Kanye
Minister

New York Times Democracy

Postby Saint Kanye » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:46 pm

Hap, is Tyson Hoyt your version of Kyle Busch?

Champion:
IC7 II, VI (7ball)

Runner-up:
World Bowl 42 (Gridiron)
NSSCRA 10, 12, 13

Bronze:
IBC 19

YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!

Arrosia, baby

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Saint Kanye wrote:Hap, is Tyson Hoyt your version of Kyle Busch?

Yeah, somewhat.
Last edited by Hapilopper on Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, Winner of NSSCRA 11/14 and Baptism of Fire 70.
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Now I have nothing to write. Yay! :P

Time to work on other NS Sports unrelated stuff for the time being!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:38 pm

shouting random expletives in a variety of languages, even expletives he didn’t know existed.

Stevenson and Qiang should get together and swap insults, since they both do this.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:16 pm

Hi there! Ahh, I'm not very sure about how the pit crew thing works...

Like, did the Pit Crew Challenge happened first, then Pit Crew Competition? Then is it still the same Over the Wall and Behind the Wall crew that did it for all the teams in Pit Crew Competition?
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013

Postby Tropicorp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:46 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Hi there! Ahh, I'm not very sure about how the pit crew thing works...

Like, did the Pit Crew Challenge happened first, then Pit Crew Competition? Then is it still the same Over the Wall and Behind the Wall crew that did it for all the teams in Pit Crew Competition?

The Pit Crew Challenge is just a fan zone display that travels from track to track to promote the Tropicorp Racing Supply brand but also giving fans the chance to try their skills at individual pit crew stations. In theory, it follows the tour around and goes to every track. It might set up next to the Five Star Mobile fan zone where fans might be able to play games to win a t-shirt or sign up for a new phone plan. The Challenge is all about fans and has nothing to do with the cars/drivers who compete in NSSCRA

The Pit Crew Competition is an event for NSSCRA Drivers/Teams to showcase their abilities to conduct pitstops. The only connection between the two is that Tropicorp, as the host and sponsor of the competition, concurrently ran a promotion through the above mentioned fan zone where the top performing fans would get to participate in the competition pitting the #42 Tropicorp Car. Every other car in the competition would have been pitted by their normal race day pit crews.
- Tropicorp -

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Tropicorp wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Hi there! Ahh, I'm not very sure about how the pit crew thing works...

The Pit Crew Challenge is just a fan zone display that travels from track to track to promote the Tropicorp Racing Supply brand but also giving fans the chance to try their skills at individual pit crew stations. In theory, it follows the tour around and goes to every track. It might set up next to the Five Star Mobile fan zone where fans might be able to play games to win a t-shirt or sign up for a new phone plan. The Challenge is all about fans and has nothing to do with the cars/drivers who compete in NSSCRA

The Pit Crew Competition is an event for NSSCRA Drivers/Teams to showcase their abilities to conduct pitstops. The only connection between the two is that Tropicorp, as the host and sponsor of the competition, concurrently ran a promotion through the above mentioned fan zone where the top performing fans would get to participate in the competition pitting the #42 Tropicorp Car. Every other car in the competition would have been pitted by their normal race day pit crews.

Ahh, okay! So the Pit Crew Challenge fans get to help out with #42, while for the other drivers and cars, it's with their own crew?
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:00 pm

Jebs, do those restrictions apply to Tsering Chu?

Chu is a member of IRACT, but they don't control her charter for NSSCRA. The charter was sold to Saint Kanye in season 6 before IRACT was founded, and then Chu and her sponsors bought it from the Yeezies at the beginning of season 7. It's jointly owned by the Deaf Cultural Association and Yulha Sherpa College. IRACT is paying to let Wang use it, but DCA and YSC still own it.

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:11 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:Jebs, do those restrictions apply to Tsering Chu?

Chu is a member of IRACT, but they don't control her charter for NSSCRA. The charter was sold to Saint Kanye in season 6 before IRACT was founded, and then Chu and her sponsors bought it from the Yeezies at the beginning of season 7. It's jointly owned by the Deaf Cultural Association and Yulha Sherpa College. IRACT is paying to let Wang use it, but DCA and YSC still own it.

Chu is... An interesting situation. Ultimately, as long as neither the DCA or Yulha Sherpa College are affiliated with IRACT, and Chu's charter isn't controlled by IRACT, she would ultimately be considered a non-IRACT driver, as IRACT wouldn't necessarily be making money off of merchandise. Feel free to have it be an issue in your RP, though, as far as there needing to be a decision made on it if you want.
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:28 am

Considering the outlandishness of some of the RP on the Patterson scandal, and the fact that I explicitly said violators could be subject to criminal prosecution, I am requesting permission to have other people's characters ICly arrested if they do things that would realistically lead to arrest. If they are drivers, this would make them unable to race until they are released.

There is no good IC reason why my nation would not be allowed to enforce its laws, and there are lots of good ways to stir the pot without doing something that would realistically get your driver arrested.

To be clear, IC actions like filing complaints with NSSCRA or selling Patterson merch on the public road outside the entrance to Jusenkyo would NOT lead to arrest.

This is primarily aimed at Newark Aristocracy who was talking about starting shit at Jusenkyo. Jebslund's reaction from the state government would not get anybody arrested.

Hampton Island
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:44 pm

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
༄༅། None of Patterson's past or present sponsors will be permitted to operate sponsor booths or purchase advertising space on Jusenkyo property. (Logos may still appear on visiting teams' property such as cars or firesuits, but not on IRACT property or in promotional booths.)

Sherpa, since Starlight Suites was an associate sponsor of Lexi's last year, would this mean that they would not be allowed to set up a promotional booth for their current driver, James McCurty?
NSSCRA Also-rans

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports