NATION

PASSWORD

The World Bowl Discussion Thread (OOC, version II)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:39 pm

A bit late, but congratulations to everyone, especially Ko-oren for the win, Saintland for being an awesome opposition (and helping with the R16!), San Llera, Kaboomlandia, Pasneila and Panem for being excellent first-time roleplayers. Well done to all.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46 pm

Electrum wrote:A bit late, but congratulations to everyone, especially Ko-oren for the win, Saintland for being an awesome opposition (and helping with the R16!), San Llera, Kaboomlandia, Pasneila and Panem for being excellent first-time roleplayers. Well done to all.

Good job, Electrum, for being a very good host to the World Bowl XXVI. Good job to San Llera, Pasneila, and Panem for roleplaying consistently. Although that cyclone threw a bit of a wrench into the works... ;)
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 pm

So, the World Bowl nation has CTEd, the outgoing President has hardly been seen around here in weeks and I (the outgoing Vice President) don't have the password for the World Bowl nation to revive it...

We're currently due for a presidential election, but first we'd have to take nominations and I can't exactly give the new President access to a nation that I don't even have access to myself. On the other hand, I'm concerned that we could end up having to either skip a cycle or hold the next World Bowl simultaneous with World Cup 73's qualifying if the president doesn't return soon and I don't step in as acting president to run the process on his behalf. Neither of those possibilities is exactly in the best interests of the World Bowl. So, I'll put this question to the World Bowl Assembly: Should I go ahead and open nominations for the presidency for the next 3 cycles, in the absence of our President or should I wait for Equestrian States to return and run the process himself?

The amendment to abolish the BoI is also due to be voted on, by the way and I believe it should go up to vote simultaneously with the presidential election so that we aren't stuck in the awkward position of voting on an amendment to abolish the BoI while we are taking signups for a possible BoI.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:17 am

The constitution says that you may do all that when the President hasn't been around for two weeks. I think ES hasn't been on for about two weeks (last post in NS Sports is exactly 14 days ago). The constitution also says that the President has 14 days to respond to an issue though, so it depends on if you count the days since ES' last post or if you start counting now (because the issue is raised now).

To be honest, I'd say you're ok to open up voting on the BoI issue yourself now. I also think you can open up the Presidential vote at the same time.

And maybe we can include an article about the World Bowl nation? That the login details be shared between President and Vice-President?
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:57 pm

Ko-oren wrote:The constitution says that you may do all that when the President hasn't been around for two weeks. I think ES hasn't been on for about two weeks (last post in NS Sports is exactly 14 days ago). The constitution also says that the President has 14 days to respond to an issue though, so it depends on if you count the days since ES' last post or if you start counting now (because the issue is raised now).

To be honest, I'd say you're ok to open up voting on the BoI issue yourself now. I also think you can open up the Presidential vote at the same time.

And maybe we can include an article about the World Bowl nation? That the login details be shared between President and Vice-President?

I don't know if it's typically *required* but at least while I was VP and (briefly) Pres, it was pretty much standard practice to share the login info for the World Bowl nation. Let me check to see if the login info has changed, actually. I might be able to revive it and pass on the login info to Free Republics, if it's accurate.
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

World Bowl
Envoy

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:59 pm

(It's Fanboy/AS)

I was successful. Free Republics, you should be receiving the login info via TG shortly.
The poster of this message is likely the current President of the World Bowl Assembly (Drawkland).

World Bowl Links: Discussion Thread | Constitution | Rankings

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:15 pm

World Bowl wrote:(It's Fanboy/AS)

I was successful. Free Republics, you should be receiving the login info via TG shortly.

Thanks. Now, acting in my capacity as World Bowl Vice President and Acting World Bowl President in the absence of the president, I will officially open nominations to choose the next President of the World Bowl:

World Bowl Assembly members (listed here) may nominate one (1) other WBA member for the position of WBA president. Nominations should be telegrammed to this nation (World Bowl). Any one who accrues at least two nominations will be entered into the election. Nominations will close four days from now (Sunday, July 19th).
The poster of this message is likely the current President of the World Bowl Assembly (Drawkland).

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:35 pm

We have a single nominee for President, so your options are:

1) Vote for Saintland/Free Republics as the new World Bowl President
2) Reopen nominations
3) Abstain

In addition, we have a vote on the following amendment to the World Bowl Constitution to abolish the Baptism of Iron:

The Baptism of Iron is abolished. The Baptism of Iron Amendment, adopted July 30, 2010 and amended August 20, 2011, is hereby repealed.

Your options are:

1) Vote for the BoI abolition amendment
2) Vote against the BoI abolition amendment
3) Abstain

Votes should be sent to Polaaskan, a puppet of Semarland as the current World Bowl President is still unavailable and the current World Bowl Vice President is a candidate for the Presidency. Voting will remain open until 4 days from the time of this post.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that only members of the WBA can vote.
Last edited by World Bowl on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:36 am

World Bowl wrote:We have a single nominee for President, so your options are:

2) Reopen nominations
3) Abstain

In addition, we have a vote on the following amendment to the World Bowl Constitution to abolish the Baptism of Iron:

SNIP

Question: do we have any nominations for VP? I don't remember if it's just usually the runner-up in voting for Pres, or if we nominate a VP separately, but either way we're about to not have one, since the only Presidential candidate is the current VP and we have no nominations to replace them.

And, as our current situation illustrates, having a VP is rather important.
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Free Republics
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:56 am

Allamunnic States wrote:
World Bowl wrote:We have a single nominee for President, so your options are:

2) Reopen nominations
3) Abstain

SNIP

Question: do we have any nominations for VP? I don't remember if it's just usually the runner-up in voting for Pres, or if we nominate a VP separately, but either way we're about to not have one, since the only Presidential candidate is the current VP and we have no nominations to replace them.

And, as our current situation illustrates, having a VP is rather important.

Unfortunately, I received 100% of the nominations that were sent in and the Constitution requires 2 nominations to be put up for a vote, so I couldn't just nominate somebody to ensure that there would be 2 candidates. Based on past precedent, it appears that we hold a second nomination process to choose the Vice President whenever this happens (as it did when Karditan was elected President).

Therefore, if I win the Presidential vote, I will immediately open nominations for the Vice Presidency and they will remain open until the host vote for the next World Bowl so that we don't have to do 3 separate votes during the same cycle.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Polaaskan
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Polaaskan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:59 am

VOTES FOR THE POSITION OF WBA PRESIDENT
Saintland/Free Republics - 5

SAINTLAND/FREE REPUBLICS IS CONFIRMED AS WBA PRESIDENT. CONGRATULATIONS

VOTES FOR THE BAPTISM OF IRON ABOLITION AMENDMENT
Abolish - 3
Don't Ablosh - 1
Abstain - 1

THE BAPTISM OF IRON IS HEREBY DISCONTINUED

Thank you to those who voted.
Puppet of Sem
Baptism of Fire 57 Runner-Up

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Who do we TG to nominate?
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:28 pm

Nominations for the next Vice President of the World Bowl are now open and, as I stated before, will remain open until the opening of our next host vote. Please send nominations to this nation (World Bowl).

World Bowl
Envoy

Capitalizt

Postby World Bowl » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:25 am

Signups are now open for World Bowl XXVII!

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:34 pm

Since Estenia got DEAT'd months ago, would they not be automatically removed from the Council?
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:18 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Since Estenia got DEAT'd months ago, would they not be automatically removed from the Council?

The Constitution, states that:

b) Nations, excluding prior hosts, will be removed from the World Bowl Assembly after failure to participate (posting a roster at minimum) in two consecutive World Bowls.

Notice that it says "failure to participate (posting a roster at minimum) in two consecutive World Bowls" and says absolutely nothing about a DEATed nation being removed.

Technically, Estenia could transfer his membership to another nation, but only if I felt confident that the other nation was, in fact, Estenia. Otherwise, Estenia's guaranteed to be removed from the WBA once World Bowl XXVII concludes.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:35 am

Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:41 am

World Bowl 27! Let's do this!
Co-Author of SC #204

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:18 pm

Groups have been drawn and posted in the OP! Each group's host city and venue are detailed in the second post.

The tournament kicks off a little over three days from now, so make sure to get your rosters up soon!
Last edited by Cosumar on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:49 pm

Just a note to Group H for RPing: the Fireboltian team is literally a team of sentient broomsticks with arms.

Gotta love being able to take a silly break from my main...
Co-Author of SC #204

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:30 pm

First cut-off in approximately 24 hours
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Just wondering - does that post that Cosumar just made IC count as the cutoff?
Co-Author of SC #204

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Just wondering - does that post that Cosumar just made IC count as the cutoff?

Nope, that was just an RP. You've still got about 30-40 minutes to post something if you want to.
World Bowl VP

NEWSWIRE
Political Compass
Dallas sports

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:19 pm

I should've known of this earlier.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm

How is Equestrian States throwing up shutouts left and right with no RP bonus? >:(
Co-Author of SC #204

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports