NATION

PASSWORD

U-18 International Basketball Championships (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk wrote:
RP Bonus
Since there are no rankings, I will be using a 30% max RP Bonus. RPs will be graded on quality and quantity, and will degrade at 50% each day, but after 1 day of not RPing, you will be back to 0.

Wow.... just wow.
Do me a favor and before you do anything else on NS Sports when reading this... change this.
Since you are still trying to get your feet wet with hosting, here's why this is horrible: You are bidding to host a tournament that has no rankings, therefore it's going to be really heavy on the RP-bonus. With your proposal, not only is someone's back to zero with one day of not RP'ing, but the person who does RP everyday will never really be able to separate themselves from those who don't. Therefore, what you are doing is hosting a tournament that has RP be completely meaningless. You will have results which are totally out of whack, and this is not something you want to do especially in one of your first somewhat-significant bids to host. If you must have degrading RP, take one snip... at halfway.

Carasatoga wrote:
Scorination
The scorinator to be used will be the latest version of xkoranate. I have used xkorinate before with my volleyball tournament and I like it very much as I have used other scorinators that I thought were not as easy to use or as efficient. RPs will be graded on a 1 to 5 scale with a 40% degradation each matchday. The RPs will be graded on quality rather than on quantity. Placeholders for RPs will not be tolerated as they accomplish nothing and will result in a deduction in RP points.

Yours is slightly less of a "whoa!!" then abc's, but still even yours creates a system where RP will be pretty meaningless.

I remind both of you, and anyone else who is thinking up a bid that you are bidding to host a tournament that will be RP-heavy. In such a tournament, in my opinion, the concept of degrading RP-bonus is nuts. I'm not a fan of degrading RP bonus ANYWHERE, let alone a tournament like this. I'm guessing at some point both of you have thought that degrading RP-bonus is a good idea; perhaps told that by someone. In some tournaments, perhaps, degrading RP bonus is logical, but absolutely not in a tournament like this that has no ranks to start with. RP-bonus in a tournament like this must be CUMULATIVE, but if you must degrade, you each need to significantly lessen the impact of it. Each of you, I think, are capable hosts, but I could never support either of these bids as written. With all due respect, you each need to correct this.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Dominican Rico
Secretary

Founded: Aug 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominican Rico » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:33 pm

I'll join.
The Republic of Dominican Rico

Wadomia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Tukisan wrote:Wouldit be alright if I can send a puppet to compete?

Sure. I guess puppet nations are allowed. If you do enter in a puppet, please state its master nation
National Factbook
Embassy
Hosted: Wadomia Athletics Invitational, World Kickball Championships
Champions: Wadomia Athletics Invitational 1 & 2 (Men's Track), Market Cup 3, Gregory Cup (Lockey)
Runner Ups: Nation's Cup 2, Birthday Cup 1
3rd Place: Nation's Cup
4th Place:
Quarter-Finals Brotherhood Cup I, World Kickball Championships, World Indoor Soccer Championships 2, Mcleod Cup IV (Babbage Football)
Qualified Beyond Group Stage: World Bowl XV
Rankings: Indoor Vollyball - 23rd, Rugby Union - 68th, Lockey - 1st, Babbage Football - 25th
Wadomia American Football League
Game of the IV Olympiad -RP Thread's 1000th Viewer :)
Highlight --------> Your Mom

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Wadomia wrote:
Tukisan wrote:Wouldit be alright if I can send a puppet to compete?

Sure. I guess puppet nations are allowed. If you do enter in a puppet, please state its master nation

I'm going to request this answer be no, especially for someone with no RP history on NS Sports. Let this fill with master nations.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:01 pm

Newmanistan wrote:
Wadomia wrote:

I'm going to request this answer be no, especially for someone with no RP history on NS Sports. Let this fill with master nations.

ya I didn't realize that. ya sorry its a no
National Factbook
Embassy
Champions: Wadomia Athletics Invitational 1 & 2 (Men's Track), Market Cup 3, Gregory Cup (Lockey)
4th Place:
Quarter-Finals Brotherhood Cup I, World Kickball Championships, World Indoor Soccer Championships 2, Mcleod Cup IV (Babbage Football)
Rankings: Indoor Vollyball - 23rd, Rugby Union - 68th, Lockey - 1st, Babbage Football - 25th

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:04 am

We'll be there.

Missing You
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Missing You » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:10 am

Erm,Missing You is sending a team but I would request that the name of our nation be El Minas due to some stuff because you cant have a nation with the name Missing You right,it sounds like werid....

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:40 am

Newmanistan wrote:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk wrote:
RP Bonus
Since there are no rankings, I will be using a 30% max RP Bonus. RPs will be graded on quality and quantity, and will degrade at 50% each day, but after 1 day of not RPing, you will be back to 0.

Wow.... just wow.
Do me a favor and before you do anything else on NS Sports when reading this... change this.
Since you are still trying to get your feet wet with hosting, here's why this is horrible: You are bidding to host a tournament that has no rankings, therefore it's going to be really heavy on the RP-bonus. With your proposal, not only is someone's back to zero with one day of not RP'ing, but the person who does RP everyday will never really be able to separate themselves from those who don't. Therefore, what you are doing is hosting a tournament that has RP be completely meaningless. You will have results which are totally out of whack, and this is not something you want to do especially in one of your first somewhat-significant bids to host. If you must have degrading RP, take one snip... at halfway.

Carasatoga wrote:
Scorination
The scorinator to be used will be the latest version of xkoranate. I have used xkorinate before with my volleyball tournament and I like it very much as I have used other scorinators that I thought were not as easy to use or as efficient. RPs will be graded on a 1 to 5 scale with a 40% degradation each matchday. The RPs will be graded on quality rather than on quantity. Placeholders for RPs will not be tolerated as they accomplish nothing and will result in a deduction in RP points.

Yours is slightly less of a "whoa!!" then abc's, but still even yours creates a system where RP will be pretty meaningless.

I remind both of you, and anyone else who is thinking up a bid that you are bidding to host a tournament that will be RP-heavy. In such a tournament, in my opinion, the concept of degrading RP-bonus is nuts. I'm not a fan of degrading RP bonus ANYWHERE, let alone a tournament like this. I'm guessing at some point both of you have thought that degrading RP-bonus is a good idea; perhaps told that by someone. In some tournaments, perhaps, degrading RP bonus is logical, but absolutely not in a tournament like this that has no ranks to start with. RP-bonus in a tournament like this must be CUMULATIVE, but if you must degrade, you each need to significantly lessen the impact of it. Each of you, I think, are capable hosts, but I could never support either of these bids as written. With all due respect, you each need to correct this.

Yes I changed it, but can you TG me why you think this is a bad idea, instead of just this, cause you never really helped me by saying why it was a bad idea, you just said many times that it was a terrible idea.
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

Stuffed Taxidermists
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stuffed Taxidermists » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:45 am

Stuffed Taxidermists shall attend.
Cartfartium wrote:Winwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwinwcakewinwinwinwinwinwin.

Lyndiana wrote:No! NO!! BAD Vanilla Ice! You spit that thing out RIGHT NOW!
Clicky
Slavbada (Leader):N/A
Vichy Slavbada: N/A
Wiki
National Factbook
Embassy Program
Defcon: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
RP Population: 950,000,000

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:55 am

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk wrote:Yes I changed it, but can you TG me why you think this is a bad idea, instead of just this, cause you never really helped me by saying why it was a bad idea, you just said many times that it was a terrible idea.

He did say that by your and Carasatoga's systems, RPing nations can never get much of an advantage over nations that don't RP because you degrade their bonuses so severely, enough that they're back to the level of non-RPing nations after one day. In a tournament with no rankings, RP bonus is the main way to affect scores - but if you take away the ability to garner consistent RP bonuses, there's no reason to RP, since you can't really affect the scores.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:57 am

Civil Citizenry wrote:
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk wrote:Yes I changed it, but can you TG me why you think this is a bad idea, instead of just this, cause you never really helped me by saying why it was a bad idea, you just said many times that it was a terrible idea.

He did say that by your and Carasatoga's systems, RPing nations can never get much of an advantage over nations that don't RP because you degrade their bonuses so severely, enough that they're back to the level of non-RPing nations after one day. In a tournament with no rankings, RP bonus is the main way to affect scores - but if you take away the ability to garner consistent RP bonuses, there's no reason to RP, since you can't really affect the scores.

Ah ok then, nevermind. Thanks CC.
Round of 16:Baptism of Fire 43, WLC 12, DI Bradini Cup 19, Copa Rushmori VI, WISC 3

Quarterfinals:Draggonnii Inviyatti VI, Gaelic Games World Championships Hurling, Beach Cup V

8th Place:Market Cup 4

7th Place:Water World Championships 2

6th Place:ABK Military Exercise Competition

4th Place:2nd Wadomia Track Invitational (Men's), Baptism of Iron 9

3rd Place:Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Second Place:McLeod Cup VI

Champion: Coupe Coutu

Hosted:ABK Military Exercise Competition, Swift Cup, Gregory Cup I

Rankings:Lockey (3)|Babbage Rules (15)

My World Census Form viewtopic.php?f=23&t=83868&p=6308138#p6308138

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 am

Newmanistan wrote:
Carasatoga wrote:
Scorination

Yea, you're right Newmanistan. This bid was based off of my bid for the last IBC which has rankings, which is why I did the 40%, I actually don't like degradation either but a lot of tournaments use it. I'll change it to 20% for each matchday you don't RP. That way there is a little bit more of a push for you to RP.
Last edited by Carasatoga on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

Crooland
Civilian

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

U-18 International Basketball Championships (Sign Ups)

Postby Crooland » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:28 am

Crooland will send a best team!

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:14 pm

sweet, we've reached 24 teams. lets see if we can get 32
National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Ack barnes
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ack barnes » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Im in.Im sending the westpoint ballers. 8).Their a college team.Youngest College students in the world. under 18. :D
Last edited by Ack barnes on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ack Barnes National Facts:
1.Ack Barnes is a railroad powerhouse
2.The largest city in the country is Jacksonville which has a population of 44,000,000
3.Sports play a large role in the nation's culture
4.Ack Barnes contains 9 states
5.80% major soda and fast food companies have HQ's in Ack Barnes

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

bump
National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Hanngolia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanngolia » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:51 pm

We are willing to send a team to this tornament.

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:52 pm

National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Civil Citizenry
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Civil Citizenry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 pm

Wadomia wrote:Sign ups will end the day after tomorrow. Host bid voting will start then.

If I were you, I would keep sign-ups open while host voting commences so that you collect even more sign-ups.
The Independent Conglomerate of Civil Citizenry
Demonym: Citiz || Population: 36,000,000 || Trigramme: CVC || Located: Rushmore || Information: Wikipage · Sports Newswire · Bartewick News Service
"Worst Tweet of the election season:
'Because of the hurricane, I am extending my 5 million dollar offer for President Obama's favorite charity until 12PM on Thursday.' - Donald Trump"

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Ya, I was actually going to start host bid voting sooner and take back my post.
National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Wadomia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wadomia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Host voting will start now. Please TG your vote to me. Here are the choices:

-Carasatoga
-Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
-Re-Open Host Bids

I will announce the final results on August 2nd. Get your votes in by then. This is only for participants of the U-18 IBC. Happy Voting!
Last edited by Wadomia on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
National Factbook
Embassy
4th Place:

Darmen
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Wadomia wrote:Host voting will start now. Please TG your vote to me. Here are the choices:

-Carasatoga
-Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk
-Re-Open Host Bids

I will announce the final results on July 2nd. Get your votes in by then. This is only for participants of the U-18 IBC. Happy Voting!

I assume you mean August 2nd, since July 2nd was over three weeks ago.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Altimarus
Attaché

Founded: Jan 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altimarus » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Altimarus signs up as a puppet of Carasatoga, I actually thought I had done this already.

Carasatoga
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carasatoga » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:38 pm

Altimarus wrote:Altimarus signs up as a puppet of Carasatoga, I actually thought I had done this already.

Confirming.
The Carasatoga Authority Republic
Demonym: Carasatogan || Population: 32,526,307 || Trigramme: CRG || Located: Rushmore

Champions: U-18 IBC 1, Women's Soccer World Cup I
Runners-Up: Volleyball World Expo I, II & VI, West Guiana Softball Invite II
3rd Place: World Softball Classic, Saugeais Baseball Tournament, Volleyball World Expo III & IV, Beaver Cup, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos
Hosted: IBC IX, Volleyball World Expo I, II, III & VI, World Indoor Soccer Championship 1, U-18 IBC 1, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos

Rankings:
Football: NR Basketball: 26 Baseball: 50 Beach Soccer: 54 Ice Hockey: NR
Indoor Soccer: 10 Lacrosse: 46 Soccer: NR Softball: 3 Volleyball: 3

New Wadomia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Wadomia » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm

i figured I would also send a puppet (Wadomia's puppet)
Wadomia's Puppet. Sup

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports