NATION

PASSWORD

Cup of Harmony 75 - Everything Thread (Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:37 pm

The draw for the Cup of Harmony sees Flavovespia placed in Group G, and will therefore play in Eastfield Lodge. Details on the venues are yet to be finalised, but fans are already booking their flights and hotels Of course as a Pot 5 team and ranked far below many of the competitors, Flavovespia were always going to be in a tough group, but let's see who else makes up Group G.

Main Nation Ministry

Knocked out in the World Cup Qualifying playoffs, Main Nation Ministry should look to go far in the Cup of Harmony. A nation who outside of football are renowned for a strict attitude to governance. They play in black and white checked shirts with a prominent red V on the sleeves.

The team have a very slight defensive edge to them. Their coaches and management will look to make sure they keep it tight in defence whilst having a strong attack. Expect a tough game for Flavovespia against them, not least if qualication to the next round is on the line.

Brusseldorf
Another team who were knocked out at the World Cup Qualifying Playoff stage, Brusseldorf will be keen for a strong showing at the Cup of Harmony. Los Alrededores will also be the first opponents Flavovespia face.

Brusseldorf play an attacking 4-2-2-2, not dissimilar to the 4-2-3-1 Flavovespia used to deploy. The matchup between the attacking wingers and the wing backs will be crucial in determining the result, and games involving Low Alrededores could be high scoring affairs

Eraman
Eraman suffered a devastating 2-3 loss at home to Omerica in their final World Cup Qualifying match, dropping to 3rd behind their opponents. Eraman now travel to the Cup of Harmony, in their Prussian Blue kits, looking to give their fans something to cheer.

A balanced team, their standard formation is a 4-3-3 under the head coach Tun Sengalang Petara. Of note is their young squad, only left-back Waka Sentri is over 23 years old. Pot 4 in his group and Flavovespia's second opponent in the group, a good match-up is in prospect.

Siovanija and Teusland
Another team in the group eliminated at the World Cup Qualifying Playoff stage, 2nd to The Holy Empire in their qualifying group. Siovanija and Teusland also come from Atlantian Oceania, giving Flavovespia a regional match up in the Cup of Harmony. The Goldhorns have historically struggled in this tournament, but will be optimistic of better results this time round.

Siovanija and Teusland play a classic 4-4-2 with a slight attacking focus. Although goalkeeping was a bit of an issue in Qualifiers, their back 4 are formidable and not easy to beat. In midfield Thorsten Kramer dominates the game, a player in his prime. Up front Michael Ribbeck and Krasimir Kynev have a great connection, and will pose a dangerous threat to even the best defenders in the world.
Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X Cup of Harmony 75 MD 0 RP

Postby 95X » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:20 pm

Foreshadowing

Shortly after the 95X National Team arrived in Eastfield Lodge for the Cup of Harmony, the team got together for a ‘teambuilding’ dinner. The players and staff all knew each other quite well at this point but the event was still held before the start of each tournament.

The players and staff knew Alix Ajax, who was once considered for team captain, was having some quite profound thoughts on life and had a troubling look on their face.

“You okay, Alix?”, Zedex Sinclair, the other neither-male-nor-female player asked privately.

“I have a feeling the team will be quite different for the next international tournament,” Alix opened up.

Zedex smiled and replied, “It’s alright! The team usually rebuilds a little every tournament. A few of us will still be friends with each other and life goes on.”

“This is a different feeling,” Alix explained, “like the one I had before where I wondered what it would be like to ‘like’ someone.”

“Uh, that’s quite different,” Zedex replied. “Maybe talk to the team therapist about it?”

Alix nodded to state they already had. Their performance during practices and warmups didn’t suffer at all.
A Cryptic Exchange

When Sarah Foureleven was around 10 in in-character years, she found herself standing in a place that wasn’t in 95X, or in the multiverse at all. The ground was flat and extended continuously, except several meters in front of her was a cliff. Meters away, too far to jump across and with no materials with which to build, was another cliff where someone stood facing her. Neither had any personal belongings on them except their clothes, Sarah was wearing an off-white one-piece dress that extended to below her knees, the other person was wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Between the ground was a bottomless pit of fire. If one side was good and the other evil it was impossible to know which was which.

“Hello, Jason,” Sarah said with a straight face.

If it were up to her, she wouldn’t have to interact with him at all.

“I’m sorry for calling you here, your mom and I aren’t on speaking terms otherwise I’d ask her.”

“You know what I want,” Sarah responded in a lowering voice.

“And I’ll give it to you,” Jason Ninetyfivex said to his roleplay character. “There’s just some things that if they’re done by me it just breaks things further.”

Sarah raised her right hand in front of her, looking at it while running her thumb across her fingertips.

“I am supposed to be a child,” she said in a voice almost too low for a woman, let alone a girl.

“However,” Ninetyfivex counter-pointed, “you were the one who decided to grow up literally the night after you were born. Not every 95Xer instinctively knows they’re a file in a computer system.”

The conversation ended and the two stared at each other’s eyes for several moments. In the blink of an eye, Sarah woke up in her room before sunrise. She immediately leaped out of bed and changed into some kids’ athlethc clothing and running shoes she purchased behind her parents’ back, then quietly made her way through the house and slipped out the back door.

It was a chilly morning in Oceanside, 95X, perfect to try the longest running route backwards, avoiding known natural and human dangers on the way. Sarah felt energized by the cool air against her face and limbs, and the route took her somewhere she was normally forbidden to go: the beach, where a light ocean breeze and a several kilometer concrete path were a freedom Sarah could never experience on a running track.

As it was time to turn towards home, Sarah discovered the one pitfall to her plan: a woman in athletic gear out for her morning jog, who stopped cold in her tracks. The only woman who would call Sarah by her full name.

“Sarah Casablanca Foureleven, you are supposed to be home in bed!” a quite angry Xi Foureleven ordered, opening a door that, due to the older Foureleven’s ability to place herself anywhere in 95X, led directly to a room in their house.

“The outside world is very dangerous!” Xi lectured. “You could be abducted, hurt, or even killed! I have never been more disappointed!”

Sarah wasn’t fazed by her mom’s comments and had a straight face the entire time.

“Are you really more disappointed than you felt after the Super Cup?” Sarah asked.

Xi was stunned. She’d never talked to her daughter about her playing career, much less individual games or things only she would know, things that couldn’t be found from an archived broadcast or interview for example.

“You,” Xi struggled to reply to Sarah and spoke slowly, “have my mem—”

Xi nearly collapsed to the floor. When Xi opened her eyes again, Sarah was standing at her side saying over and over, “mother can you hear me? Mother, you’re scaring me!”

Xi noticed she was lying down on a couch with no idea how she got there.

“Sarah, how did I get here?” she asked.

“I broke your fall before you could hit your head and carried you over,” Sarah calmly replied. This would have been a feat for an adult, much less a child.

Xi reached out to hug Sarah, but Sarah refused.

“Sarah,” Xi asked, “are you a demon?”

“Are you?” was the reply.
Kaimana’s First Visible Presidential Action

95X President Kaimana Eightysecond and her wife Xerica were trying to enjoy some time together, no matter how brief, when they’re interrupted in seconds by one of Kaimana’s business associates and presidential advisors.

“The man who once stalked Xerica is on the case list for today’s Lethal Blow,” he said.

“What?” the Eightyseconds gasp in unison.

“I’m a victim, but he needs help, not an execution!” Xerica exclaimed, while frantically searching for paperwork. She found it, and pointed to a clause in a “court document” that read more like a contract.

“Get us to the TV studio, now!” Kaimana ordered her advisor to assemble transport. On their way to the studio “courtroom”, Xerica explained the man was a former co-worker who was intelligent yet inept in relating with others. Xerica even stated he stopped when he was confronted, indicating he could respond to help.

As they reached the studio Lethal Blow broadcast from, the man was being brought into the “courtroom” where he faced certain televised death. Kaimana and a squad of well-equipped operatives barged in on the “courtroom” and the control room.

“Do you agree to these charges?” Judge ‘Marbury Madison’ asked the defendant, shortly after the defendant’s arrival.

“I, uh, I guess,” the defendant gave in under pressure.

The judge raised the hand holding his gavel above his head as he’s about to issue a verdict.

“Then I hereby sentence you to—”

He’s cut off, as Kaimana and operatives barge onto the courtroom set.

“Stop!” Kaimana yelled. It’s an instant accidental live television spectacle, as Kaimana remembered to put on a blouse and jacket but was still wearing some short casual shorts.

“Go to commercial!” the judge begged in vain; the cameras already had Kaimana at their full attention.

Shortly thereafter, Xerica arrived with more operatives. Despite having longer legs, the bad knees she was born with slowed her down considerably.

“Xerica, I’m terribly sorry!” the defendant begged for forgiveness.

“I forgave you years ago,” Xerica said, holding up the paperwork. “And I read the documents I signed. He is entitled to a non-televised proceeding!”

“This is a different case,” the judge reminded the intruders.

“The woman is right,” someone else said.

“Hey, that’s in my paperwork, too!” another woman said. “And it says I’m a ‘plaintiff’, whatever that means!”

“That means you filed charges on someone,” Kaimana educated. “Do you know who you filed charges on?”

The plaintiff pointed to the defendant, clearly indicating she had no idea what was going on. She was in fact in the audience.

“Hello, I’m 95X President Kaimana Eightysecond,” she said to the camera. “I hereby issue an order that all court proceedings will not be televised unless both parties physically and orally agree. Now go to commercial.”

A TV monitor switched to black and the “courtroom” is off the air. It’s revealed the judge has no judicial training whatsoever and when he was hired decades ago the only training he received was to wear a black robe, read from some scripts, and sentence the defendant to death unless it was obvious the defendant was not guilty, which happened so infrequently he couldn’t remember. Kaimana suggested the judge bring the plaintiff to the front of the set and hear from her first, then hear from the defendent. In the end, the judge handed down his only guilty verdict thus far that wasn’t death: the defendant was to get help. It wouldn’t be his last, either.

Both the plaintiff and Xerica breathed sighs of relief.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Saltstead
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saltstead » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 pm

Clement. Are you there, Clement?

Where am I? Catrin, is that you?

Yes. You’re in Ashwell,” she replied. “We had to get you home as soon as we could.

Clement tried to sit up, but was stopped dead in his tracks by the most excruciating pain he’d ever had the misfortune to bear. He and everyone else in the room could swear that people in Osarius, let alone the poor souls in the room with him, were covering their ears in discomfort at the sound.

The now-former international gritted his teeth to ask what had happened in Cosumar.

Well…” Ann-Claudie began. “We almost lost you.

Clement wasn’t sure why he was surprised at this point. A bit extreme, yet it sure explained all this shit.

Saitou kicked you in the chest,” she continued, “and you passed out. You came back for a moment but went out again. Christianĕ had to get you stretchered off as soon as possible.

Clement groaned as he laid back down. “So he got sent off, surely,” Clement said confidently as he tried to find some kind of comfortable position on the bed sheets and pillows.

The air hung silent, as if God himself had swept down to steal everyone’s voices.

Surely that’s what happened.” Clement said, intoning quizzically. His impatience—at both the bed and his mates—grew by the second.

Every single person knew the answer, but nobody could bring themselves to deliver the news. They all were; their silence betrayed their knowledge.

How the hell could he get away with something like that?” Clement was fuming, angrier than he’d been in years. Of course they’d been having problems with the referee, what with most every major decision going against them, but even the most biased ref in the world would have to send off a player who almost killed someone.

I don’t know,” Ann-Marine chimed in. “I wanted to figure that out as much as you, but when I asked why he got off with a yellow, the ref gave me one too. And since I was already sitting on one…

So you got sent off?

Unfortunately.

What happened next?

Well, you got stretchered off and once I’d been sent off, just about everyone followed me. They tried to get us back to restart but Christianĕ absolutely refused unless Saitou got the red he deserved. The ref team just didn’t want to do it. Best motive would be that they wanted to save face.

Better to stand up for your own than to win like a contemptible coward.

Michael chimed in for the first time from next to Clement’s bed. “We’re just glad you’re still here, man. Forget the game.

At least I went out with a bang,” Clement said with a chuckle. “Karma will come. Trust me.

A hotel, New Lodger City
5 September

I respect the man—wait, woman? Nevermind. I respect Hal too much to turn them down.

This was the last place any Saltsteader wanted to be right now. Karma had not in fact come. Just the opposite, in fact. Karma had swerved off course and was headed the other direction at this point.

I know,” Catrin retorted as she pecked Clement on the cheek. “But look on the bright side, Hal respects you enough to bring you out here and get you that medal they stole from you.

The contempt with which the “they” came off her lips would’ve set Clement off a year ago. The pain of having his entire career and very nearly his life killed off so unashamedly in his final game hadn’t quite left, though.

I appreciate it,” he replied, pecking Catrin on the cheek in return. “And I appreciate you.

This would be about as physically affectionate as they could publically get here, but that was enough. Catrin had been there from the start and to what looked like the bitter end, so it didn’t matter what else came in between. At least there weren’t cameras in all the bedrooms. Hopefully…

The pair began an embrace, the last time they’d do so before leaving the hotel room. “I appreciate you, too.

As they released, Catrin playfully pushed her husband’s shoulder, jokingly commanding him to “go out there and destroy them all.

You know what they say: to be Saltsteadish is to know true suffering.” ‘Twas true, but Clement couldn’t help but laugh saying it.

Ye of little faith.” Catrin couldn’t help but laugh either.

Clement shrugged in jest. “Hey, if we are being honest here,” he pronounced, punctuated by the notifications on his mobile.

Maybe I don’t want honesty. You know everyone dreams in this godforsaken game, that’s what keeps it interesting.

Fumbling around a small table, he knew damn well what the message was going to say, but he was pretty sure of a lot of other things as well.

Well, we have to go soon,” he said, putting the phone in his pocket and grabbing for his jacket. “Game to get to and all that.

I’d say ‘same shit, different day’, but that won’t work anymore.

God knows why TNH thinks I’m qualified, but here goes nothing.

I think you’re plenty qualified.

God actually knows why you think that, sweetheart.

A couple minutes to find a couple miscellaneous things and they were officially off. “Here we go again, Clement.

You’ve got it, Catrin. This tournament will be as good as a swim with hungry sharks.
Last edited by Saltstead on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TLA: SAL(T)
iTLD: .zs
Demonym: Saltsteader
Adjectival: Saltsteadish
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Qusmo - 06/08/2019

Maybe the real World Cup title was the friends we made along the way.
This space intentionally left
We are and shall be
Saltstead
Nothing more, nothing less

Omerica
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omerica » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:31 pm

|omerica| |politics| |region| |world| |sport| |culture| |science| |lifestyle| |video|

An SFRD Lifestyle Series Part One: Cooking is simple!
Three fun, classic Omerican recipes you can try at home with your children

Make the omelette to your taste

Making an omelette is simple!
1. Place a whole egg in a small frying pan.

2. Cook over a medium level heat for about 6-8 minutes or until scrambled.

(This omelette also freezes well!)

3. Allow the eggs to get nice and crispy on the outside on both sides.

(My omelette pictured here was originally made the same way I do my french fried eggs.)

4. For a healthy breakfast option, wrap leftover oatmeal with a few handfuls of fresh chopped vegetables and store in the freezer.

5. For an extra healthy breakfast option, wrap leftover chopped vegetables with a few handfuls of fresh oatmeal and store in the freezer.

Making oatmeal is simple!
1. Add 250 grams of oats, 125 grams of chopped walnuts or chopped hazelnuts and 500 grams of melted butter to a large food processor.

2. Pause for 20 seconds. Whisk together the remaining 250 grams of cocoa powder, 125 grams of milk, baking soda, salt and baking powder, and then add 240 millilitres of cold water. Pulse the ingredients, scraping down the sides sometimes, until blended well.

3. Add the remaining 250 grams of cocoa powder, 125 grams of milk, 15 millilitres of vanilla extract, and 240 millilitres of cold water.

4. Pulse to combine all of the ingredients and process until combined.

5. Add 750 grams of your oatmeal mixture and stir gently to spread out the oats. Spread about half a centimetre at a time on the cookie sheets.

6. Chill the cookie sheets in the fridge for between 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

7. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Coat the cookie sheets in nonstick.

Making cookies is simple!
1. First, you need to melt the cookie dough. This is a very simple process. Just add 60 millitres of water to your mixer, and make sure your mixer’s dough hook is plugged in to start it.

2. You have to wait until the mixers’ dough hooks are plugged in, and stop it just before the dough starts to rise. This prevents the mixture from cooking, and it is also the way that you know when it is ready to start cookie making.

3. You need to let the dough rise before using it as a cookie dough. This takes a couple of minutes. After that, you can let it sit in the fridge to rest after 1 or even 2 hours!

4. You need to form the cookies! You need a cookie cutter, and you will use it. Don’t panic! Don’t start using it just yet.

I use a mini silicone cookie cutter to make a nice design on top of the cookie dough. The cookie cutter has a slightly curved blade which makes it very convenient and easy to use. ⚜️
For your reading pleasure
▶ Extremist lawmaker François Aldenburg concedes defeat in his bid to keep his Charlottesville Legislative Council seat
▶ Omerica 0–1 Kita-Hinode: Disappointment prevails as the Incorrigibles come up short in the Cup of Champions final
▶ “I’d like it here because there’s coffee”: the Omericans who are just okay with not having to stay in Banija for the World Cup
▶ Misunderstandings, misreadings and misjudgements galore: the day war between Omerica and Qusmo was averted
United Republican Soccer Federation
6 Jacques la Rouge Road
Port Alexandre, AM 18-A40
UNITED REPUBLICS OF OMERICA
Omerica v Mareibat

Cup of Harmony 75 group stage — Matchday One
¯\_(ツ)_/¯, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge

Omerica line-up: Drew Durant; Jet Sneyders – Emily Michelakis – Jesús Cruz – Marine Roldan; Alex Rodrigues – Sean Tester; George Palmeiro – Robin van Tyn (captain) – Martin la Rouge; Édouard Bouchard

Last edited by Omerica on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TLA: OME, HUClavia
iTLD: .or
Demonym: Rubbish Omerican
Every Omerica football match
This nation does not necessarily reflect my actual political views
Discontinue use if rash develops
Don’t ⬋ play ⬋ with ⬋ fire
Omerica – 27/09/2017
Any further and our feet will probably be in our stomachs
Kanoria - 27/09/2017
I for one love the reflux uniquely generated by self-gluttony of limbs, where the flesh meets the acid
This space intentionally left
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕
CONCORDIA VNIVERSALIS
⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕⁕

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:35 pm

OOC: In response to this RP and this RP

Eugenios Plastiras was used to receiving requests from governments for access to bank accounts. That was one of the most annoying aspects of his job as the Chairman of the Board of Bank of Acedonia, the most secretive bank in the multiverse. It was effectively impossible for anybody other than the account holder or somebody acting upon their behalf to gain access to a bank account. Usually, the requests were justified as it seemed like every scoundrel in the multiverse had an Acedonian bank account and he wanted to help but he was forbidden by law from doing that. As he read through the letter from South Covellan President Luisa Benitez, he prepared to send her a form letter until he decided to check the records and discovered that Lord Almighty Gregory's accountant had been permitted to access the account belonging to the self-proclaimed "god" of Gregoryisgodistan. He decided to compose a different response.

To: President Luisa Benitez, South Covello
From: Eugenios Plastiras, Chairman of the Board, Bank of Acedonia
CC: King Paulus XVI, Saintland
CC: Lawry Opal, South Covellan Ambassador, Acedonia
Encryption: RES-1024

Dear Madam President,

Recently, I received your request for access to an alleged Bank of Acedonia account belonging to Lord Almighty Gregory, who identified himself to us as the God of Gregoryisgodistan. Unfortunately, I cannot confirm the existence of such an account nor can I permit a withdrawal from said account without the permission of an individual authorized to access such an account. In Acedonia, we have strict financial privacy laws and thus I am unable to share details about our accounts without the permission of the account holder or his authorized agent. I can however state that it is very common for our clients who are major figures in business and politics to grant their personal accountant access to their accounts. Thus, I would recommend that you ask Lord Almighty Gregory's accountant to submit a request to us directly if you wish to gain access to any accounts that he may or may not hold with us. While I cannot guarantee that such an account exists or that said accountant would have access to said account if it did exist, that would likely be the most fruitful way of making your request for access to this hypothetical account if it did exist. I hope you will understand.

Thank you for writing to Bank of Acedonia. If you wish, we could send you information about opening an account with us. We store funds in all currencies and offer discrete ways of transferring funds into and out of accounts. We will also protect your financial privacy from your own government, from third governments and even from the Acedonian government. We hope you will grant us the privilege of protecting your wealth.

Sincerely,

Eugenios Plastiras, Chairman of the Board, Bank of Acedonia

King Paulus XVI did not receive the message from the South Covellan for some time due to a glitch on the Royal Email servers which was a subsidiary of the King's Government-owned Internet monopoly Royal Networks and the monopoly for email and all other messaging in Saintland. Saintland had a chronic "brain drain" problem with tech workers with their best graduates consistently heading to the Free Republics to take much higher paying jobs there. Due to the sensitive nature of most of the tech jobs in Saintland, the government was unwilling to hire foreign workers unless they were deemed a sufficiently devout member of the True Church so everybody who graduated from a Sanctii university with a tech degree was effectively guaranteed a job running Sanctii tech infrastructure and even many monks and nuns were being trained in technical fields.

Now, the message from South Covello's president suddenly arrived, followed a few seconds later by the message from the Bank of Acedonia chairman. King Paulus XVI had a more pressing concern at the moment: South Covellan porn star Busty Daniels had published defamatory statements about the Sanctii monarch along with a nun who lived in Republica (Sister Maria Polus), the clowns who were running the Free Republics into the ground and many others. Of course, King Paulus XVI would never do such an awful thing with his scepter. This blatant act of [url]Lèse-majesté[/url] would not go unpunished! He composed a new message to the government of South Covello and sent it before he could even bother to encrypt it:

To: Luisa Benitez
Subject: Acedonia and Busty Daniels

Dear President Benitez,

I am writing this letter to you because I just received your recent letter along with the response from the Bank of Acedonia. I ask that you find Lord Almighty Gregory's accountant and ensure he requests access to that account as soon as possible. He is our only hope to seize those funds. Acedonia will not be changing their banking laws. We will be making a claim with your victim's fund once you have it set up.

I also wish to formally request that Busty Daniels be extradited to Saintland to face immediate prosecution for her libelous claims about me in her recent book. I will be speaking with one of my Royal Judges in a few hours to request an indictment of Miss Daniels and Saintland will go forward with her trial, whether or not she appears. I need to make an example out of her to protect my reputation. Should you choose to extradite her, her punishment will be relatively light and will only consist of punishments that would be permitted under your country's legal system. Should you choose not to extradite her and should she refuse to appear for trial, we will prosecute her to the fullest extent possible under our laws and will carry out the punishment should she be convicted and ever set foot on Sanctii soil in the future. As the evidence of her guilt is overwhelming, I can assure you that she will almost certainly be convicted. I hope you will be willing to cooperate.

Sincerely,

Paulus XVI, King of Saintland
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

New Lusitania and the Algarves
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Lusitania and the Algarves » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:58 am

STL|Serviços de Transmissão Lusitana
Sport | Football|
Cup of Harmony 75

SELECÇÃO DISCOVER OPPOSITION

After what was an average cycle for New Lusitania, the Selecção makes it to their now usual tournament, the Cup of Harmony. Unlike the past tournaments, the number of teams competing has gone up three to 35, meaning there are seven groups of five and an extra group match to play in either Eastfield Lodge or Damukuni.
Progressing will be the top two of each group plus two others via playoffs. The group draw was announced a few days ago and the stage is set. However there can only be one champion!

Group Guide

New Lusitania: 4th, +7/19Pts., Group Q
New Lusitania were drawn into Group A. The Selecção made it on the last day to fourth in a group that could've been so much more, after their win against Abaja. They finished three points away from the playoffs and would've possibley qualified on goal difference. However, this wasn't the case due to stupid losses of points against, for example, Bengaliana who managed one of their two victories in Aveiro. Victor Santa Cruz has said he and the squad have put this all behind them and they are now ready to face the challenges of the Cup of Harmony.

Damukuni: 3rd, +2/19Pts., Group N
New Lusitania aren't, however, the top seed. Hosts Damukuni will play at home and they are the Selecção's biggest threat. The home advantage might definitely play for them, in what could be a special cycle for them. In Qualifying, they missed out on the playoffs on the last day after a heavy defeat against eventual runners-up Hapilopper (1-5), finishing four points off the next stage. At the same time they aren't to be underestimated, beating them 1-0 away and surprising the world with their 6-3 victory against group winners Brenecia. It'll be a big match for sure.

Xanneria: 4th, +1/19Pts., Group L
Ranked 65th, Xanneria can also be a tough challenge, having a similar path as New Lusitania. They finished their campaign with a victory over Britonisea (1-0) at home. They started very slowly but at the end of the group they were looking good and will definitely provide some trouble to the fellow teams of Group A.

Ancherion: 4th, 0/16Pts., Group T
Despite just about being in the top 100, Ancherion are one of the growing nations of the footballing world, finishing fourth behind veterans Starblaydia, Abahnfleft and Devonta. They managed to turn a few heads by giving Starblaydia a run for their money in a 4-5 thriller as well as their draw with Devonta and their 2-3 loss to Abahnfleft. All in all, Ancherion seem to be filled with surprises and don't you be surprised when they cause a few upsets.

Saintland: 7th, -11/9Pts, Group X
The Cup of Harmony as an invitational also decides to bring some of the possible future stars of the game. Saintland is exactly this. Their record won't speak much for them, but in a group with Vilita, Mattijana, Busoga and Jeruselem it would be harder to shine. Yes, they finished last but they've been around. In 66, they finished first in their group. With a new generation arriving, who knows what's on the cards?

MMXIX
STL in association with FLF
NEW LUSITANIA AND THE ALGARVES

PROUD MEMBER OF THE IDU \ Trigramme: NLA
Embassy Program - Closed
Champions of IAC9, 3rd IAC6
3G, 2S, 2B at the IDU Olympics'19
Semi-finalist of the WPIC 3 [Water Polo]
Almost made it to World Cup 80 (3rd in Group) as well as World Cup 81 (lost playoff)

Sajnur
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sajnur » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:40 am

Another Cup of Harmony for Sajnur

Sajnur have once again been invited to the Cup of Harmony in the wake of a failure to qualify for the World Cup, amidst the melancholy of millions of football fans nationwide. Sajnur were left with a last round bye hoping that neither Tornado Queendom and Brusseldorf would win their matches against Filindostan and Bliuji respectively, but while the Tornado would be beaten by the hitherto underperforming Esportivans, Brusseldorf would vanquish Bliuji, just as Sajnur had done the previous matchday, and shatter what remained of Sajnur’s World Cup hopes. It is thus the consolation tournament for our players now clad in purple and red. It must be said, though, that success even in this tournament would be wonderful for a nation so new to the highest levels of international football.

We must, however, review what led us to where we are now this cycle. Andre Naulo has once again proven to be an exquisite goal scorer, with twelve goals this cycle. However, he has shown a somewhat mercurial streak, with six of those coming in hattricks on the final two matchdays against Tornado Queendom and Bliuji, those matches being dominations of attack over defence, our players coming out 5-4 winners on both occasions. Naulo scored a further three goals against Bliuji in the 3-3 draw on Matchday Six, but scored just three in the rest of qualifying. More still, one of those was against Tornado Queendom in that loss, and the other two were one each in the two Filindostan fixtures. He scored no goals against Audioslavia, Astograth, or Brusseldorf. Astograth is little issue as we won both matches against them, the second thanks to a spectacular hattrick from Jessica Siafik, but two losses to Audioslavia were annoying, and two draws to Brusseldorf proved fatal. Siafik scored free kicks against both teams in the second half of the campaign, but goals from Naulo would have extracted more from both matches and secured a playoff spot. Instead, the team was left with ten points from nine matches and winning our last three games was not enough.

Naulo, however, cannot be relied on to provide every goal, even if he scored 12 of the team’s 29 this time to go with the 10 goals in WCQ82 out of the team’s 26. What has transpired to be the supply of goals to back up Naulo is a mish mash of contributions from numerous players, with only Siafik scoring more than two goals in the entire cycle. This could be due to the predominant use of the 4-3-3 this cycle, but of the 13 goals not scored by Naulo or Siafik, seven were scored by defenders (well, six plus Silja Jorse’s, and with her constant shuffling between fullback and wing…) and one was the penalty Laghiev put past Bliuji with the last kick of Sajnur’s qualifying. Oh, how bittersweet that moment would turn out to be. There’s also the question of supply. Unusually, Siafik only assisted three goals during qualifying, although it must be said this didn’t turn out to be much of a problem as the mish mash of goal scorers was backed up by an even bigger mish mash of providers. Siafik was still tied for top assister, but an unexpected name at the top with her was Under-18 player Silja Jorse, who was rewarded with a handful of starts and substitute appearances. Clearly, she has made full use of those opportunities going forward, and she has been rewarded with a spot in Sajnur’s Cup of Harmony squad, possibly at the expense of a midfield option in Sihano Kerero. Her defensive abilities, though, are still to be improved on.

Those defensive abilities, however, are a long-standing problem for the Sajnuran team, given the offensive style of play that the team has made part of its identity, and not without success. While Sajnur scored 29 goals in 12 matches, the team conceded 27. That’s 2.25 goals per match. In a 30 match long Sajnuran league season, that’s 67 goals conceded. Most teams that concede at such a rate are rooted to the bottom as such teams simply do not have the talent to stay afloat in those leagues. Yet our Sajnurans scored at a rate of 2.42 goals, or 72 goals a season. In Sajnur, that’s top four most seasons. In better leagues with better defences, such scoring is usually reserved for title winners. With Sajnur scoring like champions but conceding like basement dwellers, the result was third in Group B. Many are asking if a better defence is the key to success. Audioslavia, after all, scored fewer than Sajnur, but conceded just sixteen goals. Many more, though, point to Brusseldorf, who conceded three goals more than Sajnur, but finished second in the group on the back of scoring 37 goals, eight more than our players. The defence does have promise. Kahala Murje is arguably our best defender already, and she is only 19. At the rate that she is improving, she could become a world class defender, both at left back and centre back. Tomasi Vuierev, too, is top class and getting better with each match he plays, although at 26 he has less time to reach such heights. Further back in the pipeline are wonderful prospects, and three of them are in the Cup of Harmony squad. Kabas Verjez and Hatu Raglan make an excellent defensive partnership at age group level, and Silja Jorse has proven to be a sight to behold, even if it transpires that her future is as a winger. With the uncertainty surrounding the team's identity, the only real conclusion is that the team must continue developing, to get better at all aspects so that one day our country may fly its flag at the World Cup. But if we’re already scoring like champions, it must follow that most of that development will be for our defence.

Regardless, the World Cup Qualifying has happened, and we must now proceed to the Cup of Harmony, our near future. The location we have been assigned to is the United States of Damukuni, more specifically the city of Endoshi in the country’s south, in a stadium whose name is a long string of capital letters. Our opponents, from highest ranked to lowest, are Darmen, Abanhfleft, Mattijana, and Tamgu. Bar Tamgu, each team was the highest ranked in their respective pots. Given that we were ourselves the second highest ranked team in Pot 4, this is a veritable group of death. Although Sajnur got a bad draw, there are still results to be had in Damukuni, as is the nature of the Cup of Harmony. Darmen, the highest ranked team in the entire tournament, are 29th. High, yes, but by no means insurmountable. A significantly less experienced, and 315th ranked, Sajnur did defeat a Cosumar side exactly 300 spots above us, after all. The expectations are, as usual, quite low. Given that Sajnur did make it to the Round of 12 at the last Independent Associations Cup, though, hopes will be high that our team can repeat that feat here at what is a much bigger tournament. But we can only hope that Siafik can continue to provide assists, that Naulo can continue to score goals and even produce some more hattricks, that Murje can continue to sweep opposing forwards off their feet, that all three, who Eliseo Marinon recently nominated as Sajnur's picks for the World Cup Team of the Tournament, can continue to pull magic out of the bag and inspire their teammates, and that the team can win and keep winning. Will we win the Cup of Harmony? Probably not. Can we win the Cup of Harmony? Maybe we can.

Glory to Sajnur!

And woe betide Tamgu.

WCQ Results: Second Half

Brusseldorf

Wolfenden 25' (Sidi)
Dominguez 77' (Sidi)

Sajnur

Siafik 15'
Haji 37' (Hajat)

Naulo 16' (p)
Nazar 71' (Down)

Audioslavia

Sterling 21' (Borjon)
D Kuznetsov 36' (Sterling), 56' (Boiteux)

Sajnur

Siafik 40'

Sajnur

Siafik 3' (Hasan), 25' (p), 68' (Verjez)

Astograth

Urdanibia 47' (Lekea), 79' (Bengoechea)

Naulo 5' (Jorse), 7' (Kiral), 20' (Murje)
Murje 36' (Munjari)
Jorse 89' (Parjazu)

Sajnur

Naulo 39' (Siafik), 79', 88 (Jorse)
Vuierev 51' (Tule)
Laghiev 90+4' (p)

Bliuji

Belov 9' (Lyskov), 22' (p)
V Aksakov 20' (Alexandrov)
G Kolesnikov 31' (Bocharov)

WCQ Statistics

Naulo – 12
Siafik – 6
Haji – 2
Vuierev – 2
Levici – 1
Maktar – 1
Nazar – 1
Murje – 1
Jorse – 1
Verjez – 1
Laghiev – 1

Siafik – 3
Jorse – 3
Nazar– 2
Murje – 2
Parjazu – 2
Tule – 2
Kiral – 1
Hajat – 1
Down – 1
Hasan – 1
Verjez – 1
Munjari – 1

Timuria
Envoy

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:48 am

This is a continuation of my previous series of chapters for the World Cup called "Under Qualified" (Find all the parts here)

Harmony is Fleeting Chapter 1:

The team had gathered following their party the night before watching the draw for the Cup of Harmony, half of the room looked and smelled as if they had spent the night prior in a brewery. The other looked as if they had never left it, with a few still clutching at drinks to delay the pain. Bekir walked in unusually energetic for 8 in the morning followed by his older assistant Senol who had lost a bit more of his hair as the qualifications had progressed. Bekir sat at a table at the front of the room which resembled a lecture theatre and called out loudly "So how are we feeling today?"

The whole team groaned unhappily as his voice reverberated in so many of their heads. Many shifted laboriously, their heads clearly feeling heavier than they ever thought possible. Bekir continued, "So as you all know." He paused and looked around "Well some of you at least, I think some of you showed up blackout drunk and may not remember." A low common groan could be heard throughout the room, "So we're in Group F-"

"Oh my god I remember!" Caner called out as his teammates writhed in pain, "We're off to Eastfield Lodge!"

Iskender pulled his head up, "How could that possibly make you excited? They don't let people drink there."

The whole team seemed to snap to attention a low murmuring over taking the room as Bekir blew on a whistle loudly causing most of the team to start cradling their heads. "Right, that's what this briefing is about."

"You mean you're not going to lecture the defence on being lazy?" Iskender joked as a teammate from the other side of the room threw a plastic bottle at him. "Hey!" He called out as he picked it up and threw it into the recycling bin. "We're too hungover fo-"

"You're all too hungover!" Bekir shouted causing a large groan. "That's why I need to tell you all not to drink. Because otherwise we're going to have some kind of scandal abroad."

The team groaned as Ozbek butted in, "Oh come on coach, we barely have any scandals."

"Really? What about the time one of our goalkeepers woke up on the roof?"

"Well that was just a prank gone wrong."

The team muttered in agreement as Bekir was losing the room and he shouted, "Okay just listen!" He took a deep breath as the team fell silent, "This is what the rules are: No drinking, no smoking, no drugs of any kind." The team began to protest as Bekir shot them an intense look, "Dress modestly. No weird skintight latex nonsense. There's no junk food so I wont have to worry about you ordering kofte or weird kebab pizzas to our lodgings and try not to interfere with any of the police or cameras there."

The team looked outraged and began to speak out as Bekir raised his hand they became quieter. "Look I don't make these rules and the fact is if we're traveling abroad we need to not make asses of ourselves." He said exhaling in stress, "Because you guys are all stars. Me on the other hand. I'll get canned if I can't make sure you guys can't obey the law." He said tapping his desk, "So guys. Are we clear?"

The team mumbled unintelligibly.

"I said are we clear?"

"Yes coach." Came the clearer more strained call

"Good. Now sober up and take showers you all smell disgusting." He said as he marched out of the room. The team slowly began to march out, eager to put the indulgences of the previous night behind them and to get ready for their latest challenge.
The Artist Formerly Known as Kose

If you remember me from ages ago, send me a TG to say hi.

Baptism of Fire 71 Co-host

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:34 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony - MD1
Eastfield Lodge & Damukuni

And lo and behold, here is your opening cutoff for Groups A to C. Watch out for quick counter-attacks, dangerous free kicks, and Baba Yaga.

Group A
Damukuni 1–0 Saintland
Xanneria 3–1 New Lusitania and the Algarves

Group B
Busoga Islands 0–0 Krytenia
Squornshelan Remnant States 3–1 Terre Septentrionale

Group C
Tamgu 5–2 Sajnur
Darmen 6–0 Mattijana
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Mattijana
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Mattijana » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:02 pm

Zala Stefanidi Named As New Mattijana Head Coach

MFO SPORT

The MattijanaFussBand have confirmed the shock appointment of Zala Stefanidi as the new senior manager ahead of the upcoming Cup of Harmony in a move that has caused surprise and consternation across the country.
The 38 year-old Shalkar manager was announced as Dusan Vukoja's successor by MattijanaFussBand director Polona Struna during a press conference in Petrovijanka earlier today despite many preferring the likes of Max Juremchuk and Ameli Kurnic. She has had a decent season with FK Shalkar in the Mattijanan PrvaLiga however and her defensive style has clearly been seen as a favourable switch from the attack-minded, but often defensively loose one preferred by her two predecessors.

With the Cup of Harmony soon approaching, the South-Easterner will not have much time to impose herself on the national team, but does have the benefit of a tournament that they are not expected to perform particularly well in being her first.

The Marmots face Darmen, who were one of the surprise non-qualifiers for World Cup 83, as well as 43rd-ranked Abanhfleft in Cup of Harmony group C. Seeing as only the top two in each group and the two best 3rd-placed sides go through to the round of 16, Mattijana are not the on-paper favourites to progress despite games against lower-ranked Sajnur and Tamgu.

The world number 29s will be keen to fight back after a bitterly disappointing qualifying campaign where they finished third to Taeshan and Mytanija and lost a number of winnable games, including against Mattijanan protectorate Saint Émelie.

Abanhfleft meanwhile are another team who were disappointed to miss out, after finishing second to a surprisingly dominant Reçueçn side in their playoff group, and they will pose a major threat to a Marmots side who will be a little unsure of the direction they are going in.

The squad for the COH is expected to be a fairly similar one to qualifying with little time to bed in any replacements, but Stefanidi will still expect to steady the defensive line and implement some of her own tactics and formations during the tournament. Most controversial could be the already rumoured-of sweeper, which Stefanidi has employed on many occasions in the PrvaLiga for Shalkar.

Stefanidi, who has spent much of her life living in her home region, is the first from the South-East to manage a Mattijanan national team and the first female manager to take charge of the national football side. That will undoubtedly be seen as a major boost for sport in the often-unfancied region, but will also add extra scrutiny to her first matches in charge. The hot and dry conditions in Shalkar lend themselves to unconventional tactics and Stefanidi's counter-attacking game may have trouble adjusting to a team that is used to the possession-based nature of international football.

Having said that, she offers something very different and with two similar managers so far failing to take the Marmots to a World Cup, different may yet prove to be effective.
The socialist republic of Mattijana:
As if Austria, Slovenia, North-Eastern Europe and Sweden were merged together into some weird stew of a country.
through resilience, we are strong!

Tamgu
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tamgu » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:24 pm

TAMGU 5-2 SAJNUR, WOE BETIDE THEIR POOR SOULS...

Goalscorers: Tamgu; S. Ilko 22', P. Soros 44', R. Reizo 73', T. Tayman 66',87' Sajnur; J. Siafik 7', R. Down 30'

OOC: LOLOLOL

Tamgu have started their Cup of Harmony with a bang, or at least the second half. The first one was much more competitive than the second with the two sides sharing two goals each. The managers Albin Nerovod and Eliseo Marinon both changed their team's tactics, Nerovod seems to have made the correct decisions while Marinon's ones weren't the best. Sajnur's tactics of slowing the game down, falling back and switching to four defenders have failed, as expected from a fairly attacking-minded squad, and has cost them three goals in the back of their net. Tamgu on the other side, had decided to play more aggressively with short and fast passing, completely dumbfounding the relaxed and cooled down Sajnur players. Another thing to note is Tamgu's wingers thrived in the second half, which means the full backs may not be good enough for the national team, but that is to Marinon to decide. Not that he can change his squad or anything mid-tournament. Right?

As usual, the match broke rating records in Tamgu as the already high interest in the national team grows more and more as the team gets better and better. This ought to please the players' clubs as their players are now improving at a rate they never could imagine. Especially Yann Ulsima, who has played in the second half replacing Canke Elak. He has shown real promise and seems to have impressed Nerovod, who may put him on the first eleven. Depending on the time he gets his start, he may be the youngest ever Tamgu player to start a national team match. It may be surprising that a 19-year-old is going to break that record, but Tamgu has had very experience-oriented managers in their past, Nerovod seems to be more open to trying out youngsters even in the national team, as he says: "They cannot play for Tamgu as a teenager if they are 37 right?".

Tamgu had their now-traditionalised celebrations to this big win, flags, car horns, fireworks, actual bombs, people singing patriotic songs and the national anthem, the streets getting painted with orange, drunk people shouting racist things about their opponents, you know, the usual. However, the players of Tamgu seem focused on their work, a few high fives and a couple chest bumps are all they celebrated with as they returned straight back to the Football Federations' official training camp. Some people have been worried that they may be overworking themselves, but the assistant manager and fitness coach has denied such situation via the official social media account of the Tamguna Football Federation. "There's no need to worry, folks. We are just fine, thanks for all of your concern, we love you all. The only thing you have to worry about is whether you can watch our matches. We will take care of the rest. -Takra Resak, Yohan Çenarxim".

UNITED STATES OF TAMGU

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:41 pm

The Lodger Online Gazette

| HOME | TOP NEWS: EASTFIELD LODGE | TOP NEWS: IMPERIAL COMMONWEALTH | RUSHMORE | WORLD | HEALTH | TECHNOLOGY | SPORT |
| ECONOMY | SCIENCE | POLITICS | EDUCATION | ENTERTAINMENT | LOCAL | FEATURES | WEATHER |

Sport >>> Football

Williamson rings changes ahead of Cup of Harmony

In a tournament that many see to be her last chance at proving her worth, Eastfield Lodge manager Jane Williamson has made several changes to the squad that crashed out of World Cup qualifying in rather lame fashion.

First and foremost, reports from the training camp, as well as the makeup of the squad, suggest that the team will be employing a back three in a 3-3-3-1 formation for the first time in over two decades, as Jane Williamson aims to address the defensive woes of the team that were self-evident throughout qualifying whilst attempting to preserve the fluid attacking play that the national team has become known for. The team will line-up with three centre backs, with two wing backs and a holding midfielder to complete the defensive unit, whilst a mobile front four consisting of a central striker, an out-an-out attacking central midfielder and two attacking wingers make up the rest of the squad.

And it’s not just the tactics that have changed. Personnel has been shaken up quite significantly, with many players promoted or relegated within the squad, or even frozen out of the squad entirely in favour of recalls or fresh talent. Starting at the back, and in goal, Korbin Harvey looks set to reclaim the number one goalkeeper’s shirt after performing better in qualifying than the former number one, young Marine Coast United goalie Jam’Aan Couch, and also making Pasarga’s SuperLiga Team of the Season for the 5th time in his long career at Duke of the North. Thijn Persson does retain his third place position following a great season with Olympia FC. The centre of defence does feature new call ups, however, and if the reports are to believed, an interesting new face, as Malenna von Kraus is touted to be one of the three starting central defenders, the Royal Jam utility player being switched to a more defensive role than what she usually plays for club and country. She will be joined by club colleague Vallois Mackenzie who earns his first ever call up to the national team at the age of 30, whilst Tajo Carr-Ponce retains his starting spot for his athleticism. Notably, this means Wilfred Holding drops to the bench, which also features another new call up in the shape of Olympia’s Eugenie Tierney.

The defensive half of midfield also features some new faces. National team stalwart Hamaad Siddique and surprise package Martha Maury both announced their international retirements after qualifying, leaving spaces in both full back/wing back positions - RGS Athletic’s Elouan Elbaz joins on the right hand side, backing up club teammate Ulima Salam on the opposite flank. But it will be Eskama Nagi who seems to be favoured for the right wing back role ahead of Oakstone’s Ginton French, and Salam loses her place in the starting line-up to another debutant, Raynor City United’s Faustina Dad. As for the holding midfield role, Graziana Din and Sorel Qwivotic keep their places in the squad, but are superseded by another new face, as CA Paulinthal midfielder Arjean Jeremiah-Dockson is called up to the senior squad for the first time, having previously featured in a few Di Bradini Cup squads. However, this means that Ulsa’s Hugh Ilyess and Tanrisal’s Amitee Abdalla end up being dropped from the squad, and it doesn’t look likely they’ll be recalled given their ages.

There are a few changes at the front of the pack as well, as expected with the drop from 5 to 4 attacking players in the formation. In the centre of the four, The Doctor retains his ever-present starting position, backed up by Jennifer Farrow who has to be content with a bench role for now. Williamson has also opted for the composed attacking play of Osbaldo Bevan over the high-risk, high-reward flair of fellow RGS attacking midfielder Kenyon Lacroix. On the outside of the attack, the wingers are largely unchanged, with Treason’s Raquel Accardi and RGS’ Faustina Cousin leading the charge - the only change to the squad here is an unlikely call up for Nile Bridge’s Jewell Foley, ahead of Soldarian’s Jagger Parsa as the reserve right attacking winger. There is however a notable change up front, and one that rather typifies the mindset that Williamson aims for with this squad announcement. Nya Murray will still lead the line, with Baskita’s Destiny Blair in tow, but long-time international Werdickley Safadao will not feature in this squad, the Norrion striker dropped in favour of a recall for enigmatic Royal Jam striker Kaiya Mohd, who features in her first international squad for 8 years.

How this new look side will play together is still a mystery to most, but Williamson will need them to work together well, and quickly, if she wants to keep her job going into the future. Ahead of the opening Cup of Harmony match against the group’s fourth seeds in Joshenia at the Lodger City Memorial Stadium, most pundits, fans and analysts believe that she will need at least a group win and a run to the quarter-final, if not the semi-finals, in order to achieve a stay of execution.

Line-up to play Joshenia (3-3-3-1)
Harvey - Carr-Ponce, von Kraus, Mackenzie - Nagi, Jeremiah-Dockson, Dad - Accardi, The Doctor, Cousin - Murray
ISideWith UK
info to be added
stuff to be added

Brusseldorf
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusseldorf » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:43 pm

OOC: Following from WC82

2200 St Football St, Casablanca Hills, 1002, MOR
Football Federation Brusseldorf Headquarters, Training Grounds
Brusseldorf Coach, Craig Foster.

Dear Mr Foster,
My father, Terry Matthews, passed away in the early hours of this morning. The nurses say he would have gone peacefully in his sleep. I just wanted to let you know, and thank you again for everything you did for my dad and my family. I will never take for granted the memories you allowed us with him. His dementia was absolutely debilitating, but his passion for football was able to overcome his sickness, so I can’t thank you enough for facilitating all the match day trips and free tickets.
My mother hasn’t cried yet, but I’m sure in the coming months and days she will. It’s the quiet times for me, when I remember everything about him. Please thank all of the team on my behalf. What you do really matters, more so than you’ll probably ever know. I know families who struggle on the daily, and when they can sit and watch Brusseldorf kick with the big boys it puts a smile on their face that is infectious. Even with all the political turmoil Brusseldorf has been going through, football has kept the people together.
Keep doing what you’re doing. Viva Los Alrededores.

John Matthews

News

sort by |latest ⮟|

Brusseldorf to play in Cup of Harmony
September 5th

Though Los Alrededores final hopes have fallen, an invite to the 75th Cup of Harmony will allow the national team to have one last shot at international glory before the season finishes. Craig Foster is taking an identical lineup abroad to Eastfield Lodge, a previous rival from WC82. Depending on Brusseldorf’s performance, a rise in global ranking would not be off the table. Read more...
Last edited by Brusseldorf on Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morocco-Algeria ~ Democracy ~ Prime Minister Abelt Nejem ~ Spends on Defence, Information-Technology, Protecting the Environment, and Spirituality
The largest military in the region
Of course I use NS Stats, what do you think I’m doing here?!
Etymology: Brussels + Dusseldorf = Brusseldorf!

The Pacifican Islands said: all transit is green if there is no transit
taps head
The Grand Empire of Andor said: You can’t pollute the planet if there is no planet
Hits head with hammer

Quelsh said: "COOL FLAG BRUZELDERF"
Tattland said: "Did I just accidentally attack Quelsh"
The Garmillas Empire was an intergalactic Empire. A remnant group of the Garmillan people crashed on earth, where they were given refuge by Brusseldorf.

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014

Postby Damukuni » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:59 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony

Groups D-G, Matchday 1

Group D
Joshenia 0–4 Eastfield Lodge
Lodger City Memorial Stadium, New Lodger City
Drawkland 2–2 New Saria
North Bank Stadium, Bridgetown

Group E
Omerica 2–3 Mareibat
King Iqbal II Stadium, New Lodger City
Saltstead 4–1 Freeport
Vorgan Park, New Lodger City

Group F
Dreamplanet 3–1 HUElavia
Parliament Stadium, Lodgertia
Port Ember 3–3 Timuria
East Monksville Park, Monksville

Group G
Brusseldorf 2–0 Flavovespia
Olympic Park, Mount Salt City
Eraman 2–3 Siovanija and Teusland
Norrion Park, Norrion
Last edited by Damukuni on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:42 pm

(OOC: Continuing from the Hearts of Ash from the original World Cup thread for context.)

Hearts of Ash

Chapter 7: Keller Takes Home A Maid Outfit

After Charlie brought the birdhouse as a gift, I had it hanging near the front door, since I didn't have a backyard. Me and Charlie were making each other happy, though I was still hesitant about some stuff. There was stuff with the Leader, since he wanted me to perform at another ceremony. Then, there was Vic Fauxman, who I noticed with hovering around the house for a bit. Gerald noticed him also and tried to go up to him to ask him why he was loitering, but Vic just ditched the place. Not that I was concerned about Vic, since I didn't realize he was trying to find some dirt to dig up about me. But I knew that some of my secrets were starting to have their walls go down, so I was somewhat on edge, since Brad was still trying to reach out to me.

It could have gone much worse, but I didn't realize that Charlie was paranoid about me dying, though I was more paranoid about me doing something horrible with Charlie from handling stuff. Even after I returned to the apartment again and spend some hours there, I didn't realize that some people were going to be prodding me with questions. Then, one of the most unexpected things happened.

That kid showed up again.

Jessica watched the birds go towards the birdhouse, as she had paid for some birdseed to see the birds go nut. As long as Charlie seemed happy, it wasn't of any concern. Jessica sat near the front door, as she noticed someone familiar scroll by, as she heard the sounds of wagon wheels. "Wait? You again?" Jessica thought, as the girl with the red wagon pulled along her wagon. "What you still doing here, kid? Can't you sell your cookies or whatever in that bag at the city?" Jessica asked her, as the girl seemed to be aware of Jessica's presence already. "You know, I'm just stopping by to see how things are."
"What do you mean?"
"I'm just an innocent salesperson giving advice on your happiness." the girl smirked, as she adjusted her witch's hat.
"Ah bullshit, kid! You probably here to harass me again!"
"If I did, I just throw eggs at your house. And besides, I'm here again because what going to happen later today."

"What?" Jessica said, off-guard. "I know you want a stress-free time to have things be slow and steady, but there is going to be a darkness returning for your companion."
"What the fuck are you talking about?"
"Jessica. I know Charlie wouldn't suffer a horrible fate, but you need to keep track of her. I can sense both of your pasts and you two are going to have to overcome them, if you want to make it out unscathed."
"Ah bullshit! What do you know about my past?!"
"..."
"...!" Jessica gasped, as she realized the true power this girl has.

"What do you know!"
"I give you a hint. I gave Charlie a prophecy, but at the moment she thinks it's about you. But people are going to die. Well... depends if you know or like them."
"I'm finding Charlie!" Jessica got up from the front steps and went outside the house to get her phone. She immediately shut the door as the girl with the red wagon noticed that Vic was heading back to Jessica's house to spy on her again.

After Charlie came back to Jessica's place, Jessica took a look outside the window to see if anyone was outside. "Something wrong?" Charlie asked Jessica, as she was somewhat nervous. "I think the paparazzi is doubling down on me." Jessica gave a joke to lighten the mood. "You don't think that people know, yet?"
"Nah.. No one is going to read that piece of trash in Free Republics."
"Hey, Jessica. I need to know something. I hope you take this lightly."
"What is it?"
"I hadn't noticed a lot of history with this nation. Is there a reason for that?"
"Like what? The wars and all that?"
"Like..way back?"

Jessica wanted to be honest and say she didn't know, but she didn't want to seem like an idiot to Charlie. "Way back? You mean decades ago?" Jessica asked her, since she was confused. "I guess so. I mean, I hasn't really got in any museums or anything, but I noticed there is a lot of people here that don't seem too concerned about the past?" Charlie asked Jessica, where she knew what she was talking about. "You need to remember that our history is practically written by the Ministry, in other words, the Leader."
"So it's written by the winners?"
"Yep. Though I don't know why it's full of gi-..."
"Something's wrong?"
"...I just realized. You're a demon, right? Doesn't that mean you know what stuff was like before well-"
"I think I don't want to talk about that Jessica." Charlie immediately told her, as she was growing now uncomfortable, which Jessica took notice.

"I'm. I'm sorry." Jessica apologized, though Charlie started to speak up again. "No. I understand. You were just curious, but.. a lot of demons probably don't tell you stuff, because they don't want to hear about the stuff that happened while they were alive, you know? Some stuff on the surface probably happened while I was gone, but I was caught up in the new life. In Hell, mainly."
"Is what we don't know horrible?"
"I know times where it happened."
"Yikes.."
"Hey, Jessica?"
"Yeah, Charlie?"
"You still think I'm a good person, right?"
"Of course, Charlie. I just don't want you to get caught up in the wrong stuff."
"Maybe when it's time, I can tell you more about myself. When both of us are ready." Charlie said with a smile, though Jessica can see she was nervous. "Yeah.. Perhaps more about myself too.." Jessica said, thinking a bit where she tried to avoid going teary eyed.

Later that afternoon, Jessica went upstairs to check on some of the costumes that both her and Charlie wore for some "roleplaying" where she noticed a certain costume missing. The maid outfit was gone? But who could want to wear it? "Hey Charlie?" Jessica called out for Charlie, as she was downstairs, where she saw a box of tea. "Yeah, Jessica?"
"You seen the maid outfit?"
"Oh yeah! While you were out one day, Keller came by wanting to use it for something. She said it was to give to someone, but that's all she told me."

Meanwhile....

"Sir? You think Princess Harrington is busy?" a soldier said to the Leader, as he and another soldier were outside the Harrington residence, as the Leader was planning on taking her to another rally. "She is probably with dozing around, since it's this time of the night. What is she even doing up there? Reading comics?" the Leader said, as he rang the doorbell. Mrs. Harrington answered the door, where she saw the two. "Anything you need?" she said, as the Leader was looking for Keller. "We need Keller for a rally. I called her and she should be downstairs by now." The Leader said, where he figured something was up. "Move aside. I'm heading to her room." the Leader coldly said, as Mrs. Harrington tried to prevent him. "Wait, isn't this a breach of her privacy?" Harrington asked, where the Leader shook his head. "Oh please.. There are security cameras everywhere!" the Leader remarked as he went upstairs.

When he got upstairs, he saw the picture of the late General Winston Harrington, which the Leader noted. "...Just stay there. It's better that word, Winston." the Leader coldly said, as he knocked on Keller's door. "Keller, it's me. Open the door." the Leader called out for Keller, as he can hear her behind there. "I can't right now! I'm just a little busy!" Keller said, as the Leader grew impatient. "I called you to get ready! You're just wearing the same outfit you always wear!"
"Uhhh, a bit busy here!"
"Oh goddamnit!" the Leader said, as he started to kick the door in order to get it open. After a third kick, Keller immediately opened the door for him, where he saw why she didn't want him in the room.

"Keller! This is-.... What are you wearing?" the Leader said, as Keller was wearing a maid uniform. Not revealing, since she had a long skirt, but the Leader knew what that outfit was used for. "Uhhh... It's just for a festival."
"Festival? It's the beginning of the educational facility season and they hadn't planned any festivals! Are you trying to start a maid cafe or something?"
"No! Of course not! I was just thinking about wearing it, since Jessica said it will look good on me."
"..."
"Is there something wrong?"

The Leader's right side of his face started to twitch, as he started to laugh suddenly. "I can't believe it... That bitch is corrupting you with her whims.." the Leader said to Keller, where she thought he had officially snapped. Unless he already snapped and he was just having a psychosis. "I take this off, if you don't mind." "Go.. Go ahead. Hahahahahha.. While I do that, I get the shotgun."
"Wait what?"
"Don't worry about it. I'm just going to kill Jessica Madden, so things can be normal again."
"No! Don't!" Keller immediately blocked him from leaving the room, where she shut the door.

"Keller..Open the door!"
"I'm not letting you hurt Jessica! She's one of the only friends that I can rely on!"
"Rely on? I already know that nympho harpy is trying to get you to look like an embarrassment to this country!"
"Maybe if you weren't such a bloodthirsty killing machine, I can make you happy."
"Bloodthirsty!? I hadn't laid a hand on people for a while and I just want to get that excitement at disemboweling some lowlife pig that uses his own workers as receptacles. Dammit, I should have just nuked the skyscraper and it would have been a better message!"
"I think you're having a mental breakdown, Leader.."
"Just let me kill Jessica Madden, before Mr. Rade does!"

"Leader. Why are you dead set on killing Jessica Madden over a maid uniform?"

"Why?! Why?!" the Leader's expression turned into a scowl.

"Please! You should know her already! She talks trash about me behind my back every freaking day, while she trying to convince all of the teenagers about all the anxiety bullshit and why my nation that I run sucks! And her bandmates or friends I would say would have made good soldiers, rather than waste their lives as musicians!"
"Jessica gotten some military training, didn't she?"
"I don't care if she's ripped or can kick my ass? I can still take her on!"
"I'm not going to let you hurt Jessica."
"You're not going anywhere.. I'm convincing your mother to have you grounded for the remainder of the month, till I get rid of Jessica!" the Leader said, as he managed to force Keller away from the door, so he can force it open.

"You're bluffing!"
"I'm going to repeat this, so it gets into that thick skull of yours!" the Leader said, as he states his true intentions once more.
"I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL JESSICA MADDEN!"
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Timuria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:16 am

Thrilling Draw Opens Campaign

by Tufan Nursultan

Port Ember 3-3 Timuria
Steve Rogers (22), Leon Moult (57), Raymond Reddington (68);Caner Turan (38), Ertan Renda (44), Mehmet Karaman (88)

The Red Wolves opened their account at the Cup of Harmony with an exciting 3-3 draw with our first ever competitive opponents Port Ember. The result means that at the very least neither team will be returning home with no points and gives both a reasonable platform from which to build off, even if it leaves them already playing from behind with regards to progression from the group.

The match began with both teams showing a bright attack impetus, as both often had done in their matches. This contrasted with their previous meeting where they had both seemed nervous. Both sides seemed to be a bit more accomplished and seemed certain they belonged on this stage. An early chance by Tayyar Ozel was tipped over the bar by Peter Smith. Soon after Steve Rodgers scored a well placed shot that wrong footed Saban Inekci. The Port Emberians looked good value for their lead at this point.

The Red Wolves would strike back with Caner Turan somehow finding his way out of being corralled by three defenders before picking his spot from distance and sending the ball rocketing into the top corner. The Port Ember side however, weren't taking this lying down as Danny Nicovic almost took advantage of Saban Inekci's poor positioning, but his chip went over the bar. Then just before the break, Ertan Renda managed to get the ball in space at the edge of the box and slotted it home in the bottom right corner.

After the break, both sides would go on the attack again, with Vatan Ercetin wasting a very good chance that careened off the bar from close range and Danny Nicovic once again stinging the keeper's palms. Striker Leon Moult equalised for Port Ember with a well placed half volley that left Saban sprawling, unable to do anything about it. Raymond Reddington found himself in a lot of space after he managed to get past Osman Hasanoglu far too easily and scored an excellently well taken goal from by the penalty spot.

With the match looking as if Port Ember would gain a modicum of revenge on the Red Wolves for their defeat in the inaugural match of both teams. However, a last ditch substitute in the form of Mehmet Karaman would prove a decisive factor as the ball fell to him in the 88th minute and he smuggled the ball to the back of the net meaning both teams would be taking home a share of the points, which on reflection seemed fair to both teams.

Elswehere in the group, Dreamplanet opened their account with an excellent 3-1 win over HUElavia giving them an early position at the summit of the group.

What they said after the match:

Bekir Altingunes: "As much as I would love to be here after a win, this team didn't really play like they deserved it. That's not to take anything away from Port Ember they came out and smacked us in the mouth early on and it showed. Hopefully the team will take whatever lessons they need to from this and kick on from here, especially on the defensive side of the ball which I'm very disappointed to see has become a problem again after we thought we solved the issue."

Player Ratings:

Saban Inekci 6/10 - A couple of mistakes (and only one her really got punished for) aside he had a solid day and did his duty. The three goal conceded were more a factor of his defence than him.

Ozbek Sarikaya 6/10 - A solid match even though he didn't have the greatest of times.

Osman Hasanoglu 5/10 - He had trouble from the very first attack and looked very unfit and unprepared. Bekir Altingunes will need to consider his position carefully.

Eyup Mustafa 6/10 - His athleticism saved him from a 5 and often saved the team from very compromising positions defensively.

Gokdeniz Dag 6/10 - Another solid match for the full-back which shows that the problem for this team really isn't on the flanks of defence.

Atilla Acar 7/10 - His energy shone through in a match against a much fitter opponent, though there was little in the way of final product from him, he still performed admirably.

Yusuf Ihsanoglu 6/10 - He struggled on his defensive duties, but was more than able to contribute in terms of positive passes. Will need to find his feet and fast.

Tayyar Ozel 6/10 - The winger once again did his disappearing act, leaving many to wonder if there's much point in keeping him in the starting XI.

Ertan Renda 8/10 - An excellent match for the diminutive attacking midfielder. Though his lack of fitness when compared to our opponents showed, he still produced the goods as he always does.

Caner Turan 8/10 - A very complete and effective performance during a match where the attacking outlets were not firing on all cylinders.

Vatan Ercetin 5/10 - He snatched at his chances and often seemed a bit off the pace. Many will be wondering if his excellent first 20 caps were the aberration or the rule.

Substitutes:

Mehmet Karaman 7/10 - Got thrown on as a desperate measure and grabbed the goal. Vindicated his place in the squad.

Metin Boz 6/10 - Came on for much needed defensive stability and provided it after the 70th minute swap with Osman.

Man of the Match: Raymond Reddington - The attacking midfielder showed why he's so highly regarded with a very complete performance. He will likely go on to have an excellent tournament if Port Ember make a deep run.

Player of the Game for Timuria: Caner Turan - The midfield live wire showed that even when the team's strikers aren't having the best day he can take matters into his own hands, more than deserved his goal.

The next match: Following a bye, the next match will be against HUElavia who lost in their opener against Dreamplanet.

Dreamplanet
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Dreamplanet » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:38 am

THEY KNOW THEIR JOBS

Luis Silva's 100th cap for Dreamplanet gave Os Tricores the win

It was Luis Silva's 100th cap for Dreamplanet, the first player to get the distinction of 100 caps, next would be Filipe Vaz with 98 caps, estimated to pick up his 100th cap against Port Ember, Os Tricores were also up against a fellow Portuguese-speaking nation in HUElavia, making on-pitch communication odd since that both sides could understand eachother, however HUElavia had the advantage of knowing Spanish, a language not spoken in Dreamplanetian shores, giving HUElavia an advantage communications-wise, but at the end of the match it would be Dreamplanet picking up the 3 points after scoring 3 goals.

It all started in the 6th minute when HUElavia had a goal wrongly ruled out for offside, the linesman judged that Cristiano Aveiro-Lima was ahead of Jorge Cardozo when the ball was played when he was in fact behind Cardozo, Luis Silva would later open the scoring legitimately with a point-blank header after a cross by Miguel Benedito during a counter-attack, Dreamplanet took a more cautious stance as HUElavia kept having chances as Vaz had to make two crucial saves to keep the lead, Luis Silva would eventually give Dreamplanet a 2 goal lead before the break after a trademark long-range shot, showing once more his shot prowess, giving Dreamplanet a comfortable lead in the second half.

In the second half, goalscorer turned into goal-assistant as Luis Silva was surrounded by HUElavian defenders, luckily for him Hungar was clear and onside, Silva did a low pass to Aaron Hungar who was able to chip the goalkeeper to make it 3-0 for Os Tricores, yet they didn't seem content, wanting more goals but not getting them as HUElavia became tighter in defence, Luis Silva almost had a hattrick when he rounded the goalkeeper, it looked like a certain goal until a defender was able to miraculously clear it off the line and in the 72nd minute, Patrick Petit would have the consolation goal when he was able to head it past Filipe Vaz following a corner, HUElavia tried their best to recover against a conservative Dreamplanet, trying to keep their players fresh enough for the 95X game, however HUElavia were not able to get past the defence and Filipe Vaz and Dreamplanet went top of the table with all 3 points.

Up next is 95X, arguably the toughest match of the group although Dreamplanet cannot underestimate the strength of Port Ember and Timuria, it won't be easy but Dreamplanet are hoping to get their second win of the campaign against a hard-working 95X squad, it is possible given that there aren't many differences between both teams, however what happens in the match determines the outcome, a bad result and Dreamplanet will need to make the most out of their matches with Port Ember and Timuria, Os Tricores cannot afford a slip-up.

Dreamplanet 3 - 1 HUElavia
(Luis Silva 19', 41', Aaron Hungar 56' - 72' Patrick Petit)
Lodgertia, Damukuni

Fixtures:
September 6th - MD1: Dreamplanet 3-1 HUElavia
September 7th - MD2: 95X vs Dreamplanet
September 8th - MD3: Bye
September 9th - MD4: Dreamplanet vs Port Ember
September 10th - MD5: Timuria vs Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet
Dreamplanet

Dreamplanet: We're 14 years behind!

Campionato Esportiva 24 Runners-Up
WorldVision FactbookNational Team Factbook

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:48 am

THE ROCKET REPORT

ROCKETS SET TO OPEN CUP OF HARMONY

by Brianne Henry,

The World Cup and the Cup of Harmony are about to begin, and Newmanistan will be participating in the tournament to see who the 33rd best team in the world might be. This has really been a remarkable run for the Rockets, making the World Cup playoffs despite being ranked 207th and following a 7-0 pre-qualifying friendly loss to Cassadaigua. It didn’t seem as though this would be a successful return, but Newmanistan’s charge to finish second in the group was a major success that captivated the nation’s interest and got them excited about a sport that had been dying in the Empire.

So, here we are, in the 75th Cup of Harmony. This is not a tournament that Newmanistan figures to win for the fourth time. You have to take baby steps in a tournament like this as well. This won’t keep Rockets fans from flocking to Damukuni. The most well known nation in our group is Krytenia, a long time “rival” in the Cyan Cup. We haven’t found out yet which team will not be able to wear sky blue jerseys. Normally, that’s not an issue either of us has to worry about. They are the better seed, so they will have the right to choose. That will be weird seeing a team in sky blue and not rooting for them, though. Perhaps the Cyan Cup can become restored after this. Krytenia is our last opponent in the group stage though, we begin again Busoga Islands, a nation that did attempt to bid for the Cup of Harmony.

Fortunately, Newmanistan is going to Damukuni and not Eastfield Lodge. This means we do not have to do with their highly restrictive “no fun laws”. No alcohol. No public displays of affection. No cars. They claim they are healthy. Easy to be that way when the primitive laws pretty much limit anything that is halfway fun. Damukuni is in Esportiva, and a far more respectable nation. Glad we are here, and not there.
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

Flavovespia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 22, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Flavovespia » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:50 am

Brusseldorf 2–0 Flavovespia

Flavovespia fell to a 2-0 defeat in their opening game of the Cup of Harmony, against Brusseldorf in the Olympic Park, Mount Salt City. Despite a valiant effort by the Hornets, Los Alrededores got the better of them, and came away with all 3 points.

For Flavovespia, it was a dream to even make it this far. Only 6th in their World Cup qualifying group, they however received a berth to the Cup of Harmony off of the back of some good performances and showing potential, but nevertheless were underdogs for this tournament. The players, staff and fans of Flavovespia didn't care for that though, as they stood for the national anthems, the flags of the competing nations flying proudly.

The opening exchanges were a somewhat cagey affair, with both sides looking to work out each other. Ronald Maddox and Stephen Moore looked content to sit back, narrowing the space out wide for Brusseldorf, and trying to force them to go more central, into the crowded defence and midfield. Although effective in nullifying attacks, the lack of movement forward for Flavovespia was restricting the number of balls forward, and Steven Hall found Sarah Pickett and Vindark Al Maghribī tough to get past in the midfield.

Brusseldorf came close in the 28th minute, when Michael Hernández got goal-side of Ronald Maddox. A fierce cross was met by an equally fierce header from Santa Dominguez, but a combination of good positioning from Tony Gardner and David Meehan in goal meant the ball flew narrowly over the corner of the goal. 3 minutes later, and an attack down the opposite flank saw Teddy Wolfenden meet the ball on the volley, but he could only hit it into the body of John Calvert, and the ball rolled to Meehan.

Flavovespia found their chances limited in the first half, but in the 42nd minute they had their best opportunity. Maddox made a pacey run down the left wing, and whipped in a cross. Andrew Mason met it with his head, but Antony Providence pushed it out of the box. It fell to Hall, however the #11 was closed down too quickly, and his shot blocked. At half time it would be 0-0, a tentative game that Brusseldorf were edging, but still everything to play for.

The 51st minute saw Brusseldorf finally break the deadlock in the game. Sidi went for an early cross, and Wolfenden found space between John Calvert and Mark James. One on one with Meehan, Wolfenden had the composure to put the ball into the back of the net, and Los Alrededores took a 1-0 lead. Brusseldorf had looked strong, and it wasn't a huge surprise to see them break the deadlock.

For Flavovespia, they found themselves pushed back as Brusseldorf kicked on with a lead. They seemingly came out more attacking after scoring, and that forced the wing backs of Flavovespia to continue to defend fierecely, stifling any attempts at using width to create goal scoring opportunities. In an attempt to deal with this, Henrik Jensen was replaced with Simon Davison to add more creativity to the ranks of the Flavovespia midfield.

Flavovespia came close to equalising in the 70th minute. James King hit a long free kick into the box, and a missed header saw the ball fall to Mark James. Even he didn't seem to expect it, his first touch was heavy and the centre back could only scuff a shot towards goal. It looked almost as if it'd fall to Scott Coleman, but Ricard Sciolan hooked it away from danger in the nick of time. An opportunity missed for Flavovespia, and they didn't get many in this game.

Facing a 1-0 defeat, Nick Cole threw caution to the wind. With Mark James off for Neil Wright, John Calvert was subbed off for Guoliang Fu, effectively switching Flavovespia to a 4-2-4. However this change of formation didn't really bring any exceptionally good chances, with Coleman, Mason and Fu all having half-chances easily covered by Brusseldorf, or off-target anyway.

In injury time, everyone went up for a corner. However with the ball cleared away from the box, the footrace saw Michael Hernández get there first. His legs still going strong at this late stage, he outsprinted the Flavovespians before having an easy shot into an open goal, with no goalkeeper or defender back. 2-0 to Brusseldorf, with the "all or nothing" gamble not paying dividends.

Flavovespia now move on to face Eraman, who lost 2-3 to Siovanija and Teusland in their opening game. With the 2 sides both on 0 points, it will be a game neither side can afford to lose, if they are to realistically hope to go far in this edition of the Cup of Harmony.

Domestic News

Apsbrooke FC have finally confirmed something that has been rumoured for a while now, a new stadium. Meadow Hill, their current stadium has only 9091, and with options of expansion looking expensive and limited, the ownership of Apsbrooke FC have taken the decision to move to a new stadium.

The new stadium, tentatively named Apsbrooke Arena, will boast an initial capacity of 20'000, but could be expanded further if necessary. The stadium will be built a few miles outside of the main town centre, but like Loxthorpe Rovers FC and their new stadium, plans to use a shuttle-loop service to get fans to and from the ground. Facilities such as extensive 5G+ connectivity and order and collect capabilities are likely to be installed, bringing the club up to date with modern stadia.

In a press release the chairman Robert Atkinson said "The club and fans all love Meadow Hill, but sadly for us the time has come to move to pastures new. Meadow Hill is home to many great memories for Apsbrooke, but I'm confident the club will make many more great memories at it's new stadium". Ground looks set to be broken in just a few months, pending a final consultation with the local council and proof of financing accepted, and the team will be aiming to play there in 2 seasons. An artists rendition of the new stadium is shown below.

Formerly the Republic of Greater Waldster, internationally known as Greater Watford. IC It's a long story (OOC I didn't like using real place names)

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:58 am

St. Petrus, Saintland

Ever since his father had signed a decree abolishing special treatment for members of the royal family in the Sanctii educational system, Prince Andreas had been angry at his dad and had been spending as little time at the Palace as possible. Instead, the Prince was now spending most of his time hanging out with his friends, who were known to the staff at the University of Saintland Prep School as a group of troublemakers. Along with his friends Georgius Lusius and Nicolaus Cosconius, the Prince had been required to attend summer lessons to avoid repeating a year. On the night of Saintland's first Cup of Harmony match, the 3 of them were at the Lusius residence where they were watched Damukuni face Saintland. During halftime, the topic of Sister Catharina Flaccus, their school's theology and deportment instructor, came up.

Prince Andreas - What's that Flaccus woman's problem?

Georgius Lusius - Even before your dad took away your special treatment, she always had it out for you. She's probably just old and bitter.

Nicolaus Cosconius - I can't stand that woman. Why in the name of Infernus is a woman teaching at a boys prep school anyway?

Prince Andreas - The Church allows it since adult women are above boys in the hierarchy.

Georgius Lusius - Well now, she's ordered all of us to repeat the year! We can't even become adults until we're 21.

Prince Andreas - And my dad is siding with that stupid nun over his own heir. Sometimes, I wish he'd just die already so I can become king and fix this country.

Nicolaus Cosconius - You're not planning on pulling a Petrus the Heretic, I hope.

Prince Andreas - Of course not. Handing power over to women was a mistake. I suspect it was that foreign queen of his that led him down that path.

Georgius Lusius - When you're king, just make sure we're by your side.

Prince Andreas - When I'm king, I'm going to make everybody who's ever crossed me pay. Then, I'm going to open our kingdom up to industry so we can get all of the nice stuff people in other countries take for granted.

Georgius Lusius - Why doesn't your father do this?

Prince Andreas - He's obsessed with maintaining our "economic sovereignty".

Nicolaus Cosconius - What are you going to do now that you can't play soccer for a year?

Prince Andreas - I'm going to make Sister Flaccus's life miserable for a year!

Georgius Lusius - Everybody knows the national team is losing because you're not allowed to play on it.

Prince Andreas - And there's nothing I can do about it.

Nicolaus Cosconius - Except there is. You could wear your soccer uniform to school every day for the next year.

Prince Andreas - Are you sure they won't expel me for that?

Georgius Lusius - You're the heir to the throne. There's no chance in Infernus that the school would expel you for anything.

Nicolaus Cosconius - Yeah, they won't be expelling the next king.

Prince Andreas - Anyways, are the two of you up for raiding the Cathedral's wine cellar or the Customs department's cannabis stash tomorrow?

Georgius Lusius - Definitely the cannabis.

Nicholaus Cosconius - I agree. Being high is more fun than being drunk.

Prince Andreas - Yeah, school might be tolerable if I was high during class.

Georgius Lusius - Look, they're about to start the second half.

Prince Andreas - Let's watch soccer then.

The Sanctii National Team looked even more overmatched against the hosts in the second half than they had in the first. Only a masterful performance from Alessandro Suedius could hold Damukuni to just a single goal. The Sanctii had just a handful of scoring opportunities, with Iacobus Sosia landing the only Sanctii shot on goal in the 73rd minute.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:56 pm

The 75th Cup of Harmony - MD2

Let's hope your teams are well truly settled into the tournament as we go into our MD2 cutoff. You may have lost a place in the World Cup, but you've won a place here.

Group A
Saintland 3–4 Xanneria
Ancherion 3–2 Damukuni

P Group A                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Xanneria 2 2 0 0 7 4 +3 6
2 Ancherion 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3
3 Damukuni 2 1 0 1 3 3 0 3
4 Saintland 2 0 0 2 3 5 −2 0
5 New Lusitania and the Algarves 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0

Group B
Krytenia 3–4 Squornshelan Remnant States
Newmanistan 2–0 Busoga Islands

P Group B                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Squornshelan Remnant States 2 2 0 0 7 4 +3 6
2 Newmanistan 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Krytenia 2 0 1 1 3 4 −1 1
4 Busoga Islands 2 0 1 1 0 2 −2 1
5 Terre Septentrionale 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0

Group C
Sajnur 3–5 Darmen
Abanhfleft 5–1 Tamgu

P Group C                        Pld   W  D  L   GF  GA  GD  Pts 
1 Darmen 2 2 0 0 11 3 +8 6
2 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 5 1 +4 3
3 Tamgu 2 1 0 1 6 7 −1 3
4 Sajnur 2 0 0 2 5 10 −5 0
5 Mattijana 1 0 0 1 0 6 −6 0
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ISideWith UK
info to be added
stuff to be added

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017

Postby Port Ember » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:59 pm

Port Ember Times

The Tridents grabs a draw in Cup of Harmony opener

Port Ember 3 - 3 Timuria

By Erica Davies - Port Ember Times Sports Section

The Tridents have managed to pull of a 3 - 3 draw against Timuria in yeserday's Cup of Harmony opener in Eastfield Lodge. Timuria also happens to be their very first inteenational oppisition - back in the Baptism of Fire, in which they lost 2-1.

This exciting match was part of the Cup of Harmony 75 Group Stages, and was the opening match of this prestigious tournament co hosted by Eastfield Lodge where the match took place.

This match was played at the East Monksville Park; Eastfield Lodge - a 45,230 capacity stadium.

The Game - Summary

The match saw a both sides looking a lot different than their previous meeting, where both sides were suffering from their international virgin nerves. This time however both sides were clearly comfortable on the field and were determined to get the job done and put up a good show whilst at it!

The match commenced with both sides pushing hard on the offensive, with Tayyar Ozel from Timuria forcing keeper Peter Smith to work hard to stop an attempt at goal in the opening minutes.

Port Ember returned the favour shortly after as a lightning attack was launched by the midfield, peaking with Steve Rogers scoring after he broke through the right flank of the opposition, giving Port Ember an early 1-0 lead.

Timuria's Red Wolves punished the Tridents for this as they launched constant and technically sound attacks, with their star player Caner Turan finally overwhelming a total of three defenders and scored from distance. This goal even had Port Emberian fans applaud the skill of Turan.

Port Ember once again awnsered to this aggression as they launched high octane offenses and Danny Nicovic missed a shot over the bar shortly after. A close and frustrating shot.

Minutes before the first half concluded, Timuria's Ertan Renda struck home for the Red Wolves again, entering the break with a 2-1 lead for Timuria.

The second half looked identical to the first, as both sides continued launching attack after attack, getting oppertunities and getting close on numurous ocasions - forcing both Keepers to earn their salary. Momentum started to change, and Port Ember's revenge seemed possible for a moment as Leon Moult and Raymond Reddington managed to finish off with excellent flair and skill - pulling up a 3-2 lead. However with Timuria remaining dangerous and persistant, fresh sub Mehmet Karaman managed to score a brilliant 88th minute goal, tying up the game and concluded it with a bitter-sweet draw.

The Fans

Although Port Emberian fans have become very (in)famous around the world for their massive passuon and loyalty, always filing stadiums no matter where the matches are being played, this time it was different as only a few thousand Port Emberiam fans were present, compared to their normal tens of thousands attendance. Those present however were their old selves - cheering loudly and supporting their team proudly.

Port Emberian Player Scores

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith - 7/10. Could not have done anything about the three goals which came past him, but did stop many other shots at goal with his normal ruthless effeciency.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards - 6/10. Stuggled to find his rhythm in the first half but made up for it in the second half with solid technical defence.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee. 7/10. 'The Prince of the Backline' was not on his best form as we have come to expect from him, but did not do all bad, as he managed to pull his backline together after a period of poor play in the first half.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn - 6/10. Struggled to sbow off bis potential and made silly mistakes. His only redeeming feauture was his excellent fitness.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce - 6/10. Struggled to sbow off bis potential and made silly mistakes. His only redeeming feauture was his excellent fitness.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#10): Ray Reddington - 9/10. The match was truly a 'Midfield Match' as most action occurred here. The captain was on great form, displaying both his excellent individual skills and organising abilities. He also scored a masterpiece goal in the second half.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard - 7/10. Was instrumental in shutting down the constant attacks and setting up counter attacks, regularly linking up well with Reddington, displaying an improved chemistry between the two.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain - 6/10. Performed well in the defencive role, working hard to place presure on the opposing midfield. However he failed to capitalise on numurous gaps left by the opissition - failing to set up attacks and possible goals.

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers - 7/10. Failed to effectively to shut down attacks as he normaly does, but did manage to create a few excellent counter attacks. He also manages to score a excellent goal when he snapped apart the opposing flank.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult - 8/10. His keen eye and fitness combined with his chemistry with he rest of the team allowed him to exhaust and frustrate the opposition. Managed to score an impressive goal.

Central Forward (CF)(#9): Danny Nicovic 7/10. The star striker looked good and worked hard during the entire match, but failed to bring forth his special brand of flair which he is known for. A tad dissapointing for a striker of his calibre.

Match Stats

Match: Port Ember Vs Timuria.

Result: 3 - 3 Draw

Goals - Port Ember: Steve Rogers; Ray Reddington; Lious Moult

Goals - Timuria: ) Caner Turan; Ertan Renda; Mehmet Karaman

Man of the Match - Port Ember: Raymond Reddington

Aftermatch word from the Coach

"I am obviously a tad dissapointed in the fact that our long awaited revenge has elluded us, but thats okay. The lads played a strong game and worked hard. It was an exciting and hard fought game, and I feel both sides deserves a pat on the back. I bet even the strongee teams in this league would take notice now of both our fresh teams." Coach Baxter

Port Ember Times

The Tridents prepares to face off against Huelavia in the Cup of Harmony Group Stages

Pre Match Analysis & Interview

Port Ember will face off against Huelavia in their second match of the Cup of Harmony group stages, to be played at one of the designated cup stadiums of Easfield Lodge.

This match marks the first time that these two teams will meet on the football field, and once again Port Ember is tagged as the underdogs.

Team Stats Analysis

Huelavia:

This team is ranked as the 58th best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and historic team on the international field. Like Port Ember, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony. They are entering this match as the match favourites, ranking 41 spots higher on the international rankings.

Port Ember:

This team is ranked as the 99th best team in the world currently and has proven to be a formiddable and adaptable new team on the international field. Like their opponents, they partook in the last World Cup Qualifier Run, where they failed to qualify, yet performed well enough to be invited to this years Cup of Harmony.

From a pure statistics point of view, Huelavia is entering this match as the slight favourites. However both sides feels as if they have something to prove and will thus go out swinging for the fences.

Team Analysis - Port Ember

Offense: The technical offensive skills of the team is on suberb form. The chemistry between their starting striker duo and their midfield creates amazing attacking oppertunities. Also their signature 'Bait Ambush' tactic is still a highly effective tactic, proven to be effective at this level of football.

Midfield: Traditionally the strongest component of this team, under command of the amazing Reddington. The midfield has so far always been a dangerous element to its oponents, acting as an attacking defence and sets up the front line well with attacking oppertunities.

Defence: The backline has struggled in the last few matches and is showing some serious signs of 'falling apart'. Coach Baxer needs to make a desperate change here as it will continue to cost him matches if he cannot fix this serious problem.

Goalkeeping: Analysts have nothing but praise for Peter Smith the starting goalie. The young man is a legend in the making.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, whom have received field time recently, adding possible depth to the team when needed. The extra attention they have received from the assistant coach is sure to play a important role as well.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The 4 year youth program is paying off dividends, as the team has excellent cohesion and on-the-field chemistry.

Current Form: The Tridents have played well in their last match, grabbing a draw against Timuria, their historic rivals.

Typical Gameplan: Their typical system of tiring out and frustrating their opponents in an attempt to pull their 'Bait Ambush' is a risky play which can easily go wrong and concede a goal. However when it works, it is highly effective, and so far this is still effective on this level so far.

Team Analysis - Huelavia

Offense: This side is known to favour offensive football, but not quite the high octane type of Port Ember. They have a young and fit lineup in their strikers.

Midfield: This team has a impressive, skilled and multi layered midfield, serving as a dangerous defence/counter attack tool for the team. Analysts have nothing but praise for their young and technical midfield.

Defence: This teams defence, unlike the rest of the team, is filled with older more experiemced players. They might lack for supreme fitness, but their technical skills makes up for it.

Goalkeeping: Once again, a component with talented and experienced players.

Substitutes: The team has a impressive line-up of substitutes, filled with some of the best and freshest talent hailing from Huelavia, adding possible depth to the team when needed.

Team Morale & Cohesion: The team has displayed that they are highly motivated and more than prepared to put the work in to finish the job. They also have the look of a unified, well oiled team.

Current Form: Their current form is not looking too good, as they have lost their previous match against Dreamplanet with a final score of 3-1. Also, Dreamplanet was considered a weaker team before the match commenced.

Typical Gameplan: Unknown at this time.

General Remarks

Port Ember will finally face a team who might possibly match their high fitness levels in the front amd midfield. However Huelavia's backline is filled with veterans, who might possess great technical skills, but might struggle against Port Embers insanely fit and hyperactive frontline.

Starting Line-Ups

Port Ember

Goalkeeper (GK)(#1): Peter Smith.

Center Back (CB)(#2): Josh Richards.

Center Back (CB)(#3): Jason Lee.

Full Back (LB)(#4): Alex Kuhn.

Full Back (RB)(#5): Russel Pierce.

Attacking Midfield (AM)(#18): Ray Reddington.

Defensive Midfield (DM)(#6): Steven Packard.

Wide Midfield (LM)(#8): Jason Chamberlain

Wide Midfield (RM)(#11): Steve Rogers.

Central Forward (CF)(#7): Leon Moult.

Central Forward (CF)(#22): Danny Nicovic.

Team Kit

Port Ember have announced that they will play with their primary kit in their upcoming match.

Pre Match Interview with Port Emberian Coach - Stuart Baxter

Erica Davies: Morning Coach. So you were hoping for revenge against Timuria, but it was not meant to be.

Stuart Baxter: Morning Erica. Unfortunately not no. But we did not lose.. and we played a excellent 'warm up' match. Playing against Timuria always allows us to learn and better ourselves. So all in all it was a good day.

Erica Davies: So coach, you are going into the next match as the 'Underdogs'. How does this make you feel?

Coach Baxter: Well Erica, no different than every match we have ever played. We have ALWAYS been the underdogs.

Erica Davies: Are you worried about the next game?

Stuart Baxter: I wont say that I am worried no. Look Huelavia is a hell of a team - they have years of experience over us - and ranked 41 spots above us. But that makes me excited., it gives us a chance to prove ourselves against the greatest teams in the world, and just makes us a better team at the end of the day.

Erica Davies: So for the next game, any changes in your gameplan, based on your opponents play?

Stuart Baxter: Indeed actually. It is not a large change, rather a few improvements to our play. And we will also hammer on a few weaknesses we have noticed from the opposition.

Erica Davies: Good awnser! Lastly, prediction for the upcoming match?

Stuart Baxter: I know our opponents are an excellent team, so we will be going out with guns blazing. Even if things needs to get physical, we are bringing our A Game!

Port Ember Times

The Port Emberian Football Association Slams the World Footballing Association

PEFA Chairman criticises World Footballing Association

Port Ember Football Assocation Chsirman - Doughlas Green have strongly criticised the World Footballing Association at a press release last night from their headquarters in Port Ember.

Mister Green has blamed the World Footballing Association for causing low morale in their national football team and their fans, by allowing the Cup of Harmony to be held in Eastfield Lodge.

He stated that the host nation is "a bunch of fascist radicals" with "the most ridicilious laws".

In essence he blames the restrictive laws of Eastfield Lodge as the reason for such a low turnout of Port Emberian fans. Port Ember is a nation filled with individilualists and holds a strong sentiment towards personal liberty.

Let me be straight forward - Eastfield Lodge is a terrible and backwards nation. There is no nice way to say it - their government is a bunch of fascist radical, and are a nation with the most ridicilious laws. They have outlawed so many normal things, there is no point in listing them all - its just too many. Therefore our amazing fans who always comes out in massive numbers are not traveling to this Banana Republic in protest of them - as they are freedom and liberty lovers. This in turn effects our team badly, as its the support of of our fans whom drives us. We seriously need to consider taking a hard look at the idiots in charge of the World Football Asocoiation- they are turning this sport into a mockery by allowing us to compete in such a backwards dump"
Last edited by Port Ember on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Timuria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Timuria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:01 pm

Harmony is Fleeting Chapter 2:

Before the match against Port Ember

Bekir had struggled to keep his team under control, but they had at least not given him cause to be worried about a criminal incident. Though he remembered how unhappy several of his players had been, whether it was Iskender's irritation at the intrusive presence of police or Hasan's disappointment at having to leave both his spouses behind in case his unique marriage arrangement drew the ire of the authorities. Morale seemed a bit low an Bekir couldn't blame them for feeling so unhappy. This was not their sort of country, nor was it likely to be one if they spent a long time here.

He sat in his room in their training camps lodgings and closed his eyes as he sat the desk. The hairs on the back of his neck suddenly stood on end as he felt a tingle. A slight disturbance in the air. "Did you bring something stronger than lemonade?"

"Sadly I can't bend the laws of other countries. Only our own." Came the familiar voice of what amounted to his handler, Rabia. "But I did bring some apple flavoured malt drink and two glasses."

Bekir spun around, "I suppose that will have to do." He grinned at the redheaded woman as she poured out two drinks, "I thought people like you would be able to get anything everywhere."

"You'd think so, but bizarrely we're under even more scrutiny than you." She extended a hand with a glass full of the bitter apple scented drink, sipping it caused Bekir to wince.

"God that's-" He coughed, "It's worse than some of the homemade stuff you get in the countryside. Where did you get this?"

"It's a product being brought out by the Consumer Tekel. You don't like it?"

"I think it suits petrol cars better than people." He set the glass aside, "I appreciate the gesture though. Especially since this is. You know that meeting we do where you tell me how out of luck I am if I screw this up."

Rabia pulled up a chair and crossed one leg over the other as she sipped the drink, apparently more tolerant of the borderline plastic-meets-toxin taste of the foul beverage. "Well the good news is you've done so well in qualifying we're certain you're the man we want."

Bekir smiled, "That's a relief, I've started enjoying this."

"I can tell. In fact we've been so impressed that we can consider the... information that neither of us want to be released destroyed after one more cycle. Or a cup victory."

"Always with the cup victory eh?"

"Well what can I say, the party likes to win. At a-"

"At any cost." Bekir finished what he had known as his party's unofficial and almost totally private motto.

"There's more." She adopted a solemn tone, "It regards how often we'll be able to meet like this."

Bekir's eyes suddenly widened, "Oh. Reassignment?"

"Something like that." She averted her gaze, "I'm still your point of contact, but... things have become entangled between us and it harms my ability to do my duty especially if I need to-"

"If you need to deal with me. With the gun I know you carry." Bekir interrupted totally deadpan in tone.

A deep pang of shame and awkwardness overtook both of them, they knew that their relationship would have an expiration date if the people at the top ever found out about it. "You know it's not like that. It's just until you're no longer being leveraged we can't. I can't. It's not fair on me or you." She stood up and began to walk out of the room.

Bekir couldn't even muster the strength to ask her to stay. He wanted her to, but he felt as if something within his very being had been chipped away at. At least this loss was beyond his control. The door closed, he was alone with his thoughts, running through everything he could have done differently. Was there anything? He was unsure of that, but he knew that he had to either survive in the job long enough, win the Cup of Harmony or simply move on from Rabia. He was uncertain any of them were simple solutions to his problem.

Hapilopper
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2019

Postby Hapilopper » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Lodger City Memorial Stadium, New Lodger City, Eastfield Lodge
Just before the first match of the Cup of Harmony: Hapilopper v. Drawkland
The mood was very light, yet quite determined just before the first of four group matches for the Hapilopper National Football Team in their first Cup of Harmony. For the last several days, they had been training intensely with the Drawkland Kick Corps in mind. They had watched the Drawkland-New Saria match intently and spotted what they felt were different weaknesses in Drawkland’s game. The intention was simple: Exploit those weaknesses and run headlong straight through them.

“You know, gentlemen, I think we can win this match,” Thom Perkins said. “Y’all have worked your asses off the last few days, and I’ve seen a few things in the last few days that I’m real confident about. I know I’ve said this a bunch of times, but just play your game, don’t worry about anything else, and we’ll make it work. Just fight like hell and we’ll make this one work.”

The players were just as confident. They had worked hard over the last few days, and they had grown increasingly hopeful about their chances. Even Doug Morse, who had yet to play his first international match as a starting player, was feeling confident about his chances. Real confident. The team had vowed to play louder, wilder and more obnoxiously than ever, and their training had showed it. The play looked more physical. It looked more offensive. The team was not interested in “parking the bus” by any means. This team would be fighting like hell for the win.

The team also knew that there would be no mulligans in this group stage. While the World Cup Qualifiers consisted of 12 matches against six other teams, the group stage of the Cup of Harmony consisted of four matches. The team could not afford to lose a single match. They had to go for broke in every single match, and they could not afford to take a loss. If they took a tie, they would have to win their other three matches. Period.

“You all know the importance of this match,” Thom said. “Now, you all know I don’t make declarations like this very often, but we have to win this match. We have to get this group phase off on the right foot. If we can win this first match, we can put ourselves in a good position for the rest of this event. If we tie this, we’ll be at a disadvantage. But if we lose this, our backs are to the wall. This match, maybe more than the others, is a must-win. Period.”

The players nodded their heads in agreement. There was no acceptable alternative. The team needed to win.

“And that means I need strong performances from each of you. Ernie, I need you to be at your best. I need some goals from you. Midfielders, feed him the ball, but if you can see an opening where you can score, for heaven’s sakes, make the most of it.”

And then there was Cooter Harris. Cooter’s confidence had been shaken after that debacle at the Cup of Champions, and he had still given it a lot of thought, even weeks after it had ended. Thom knew this. He walked over to Cooter and gave him some words of encouragement.

“Cooter, you’re starting tonight,” Thom said. “I know you’ve agonized for the last few days over what happened in our last games. Just keep this in mind: Those last games are a memory, and hopefully you’ve learned from them. So you had a bad game or two. We all do from time to time. The important thing for you to understand, however, is that what happened then is in the past. I still have faith in you, and I still have faith that you will get the job done and stop any shots from the Drawkians. There’s a reason I picked you to be the starting goalkeeper, and to be the captain of this team. You can get the job done, now DO IT.”

“Yes, sir,” Cooter said. “I can’t guarantee anything other than I’ll do what I can.”

“And you can do some amazing things. I know this. You know this. Get the job done.”

Outside, thousands of Hapiloppians had turned up to the gargantuan Lodger City Memorial Stadium, the 150,000-seat national stadium of Eastfield Lodge. The fans had vowed to be loud, obnoxious and rambunctious as they usually were. The “Travelling Thrashers” had brought their drums, their flags and their horns, hoping to give the Haps their support and hoping to irritate the hell out of the Kick Corps.

But the Haps were hamstrung. You see, alcohol is strictly forbidden in Eastfield Lodge. No beer. No booze. Unfortunately, that scared a few Hapiloppians off, but the fact was, the Haps were guests in someone else’s house, and they had to comply by those rules. It wasn’t an unreasonable request. Don’t smuggle booze or drink booze in Eastfield Lodge, similar to “don’t urinate on my carpet.” A few fans decided that request was unreasonable and stayed home, while many others decided that they wouldn’t need booze to have a great time. After all, they were high on life, and they would be high on Hapiloppian football. Plus, Eastfield Lodge seemed like a pretty cool nation even to visit, let alone watch a match at.

Meanwhile, back in Hapilopper, where the “no-booze” rule did not exist, fans had crowded the bars in hope of seeing a Hapiloppian victory on this day. At Hamilton Square, the sentimental center of town in Hapilopper City, fans had set out their coolers, lawn chairs, and were listening to some music as they got ready to watch the Venerable Television broadcast on the big screen. This was an important match, and everyone knew it.

The HNFT was ready to kick some ass. The fans were ready to cheer them on. Their time was now.

STARTING LINEUP:
GK: #1 – C. Harris; DEF: #2 – N. Seward, #4 – S. Dukes, #5 – N. Ellis, #3, C. McLain; DEF. MID: #7 – D. Morse, #6 – P. Taggart; OFF. MID: #9 – S. Erickson, #10 – B. East, #8 – M. Hunnisett; FWD: #11 – E. Stevenson
BENCH:
FWD: #14 – J. Cornett; MID: #16 – S. Long, #18 – S. Swindlehurst, #75 – E. Terrell; DEF: #37 – P. Carlisle, #28 – D. Armistead; GK: #30 – R. Hughes
HAPILOPPER. Home of TEAM BLUE, three-time NSSCRA champions. (Seasons 11, 14-15)
RAISE HELL, PRAISE DALE!
Visit beautiful Esportiva for your next vacation.

Xanneria
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 08, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Xanneria » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Revenge is best served in Damukuni
By Steve Stevenson

DAMUKUNI - Earlier last year, the new stadium in Marietta opened with a 1-0 loss to New Lusitania and the Algarves. They say that a good team learns from prior games, and that learning from past expiriences is the mark of a good team. Xanneria would get drawn against NL&A in the Cup of Harmony and it's clear they learned from their mistakes. a 3-1 torrent of goals helped the Maroons open up the CoH with a victory. Lead by Glenn Hailey, who put on a show for the internationals, the Maroons played a great game and held possession at 64% to 36% on NL&A. Hailey had a goal and an assist to show of his skills and Devon'elle Laymore had himself a nice game with several key tackles deep in Xannerian territory. As per usual thr rough play made the Lusitanians a bit unnerved, towards the end the sloppy play came back to bit them as their attempt at tackling caused a ruckus and drew some yellow cards and Penelty Kick oppurtunities. Mark Hailey got one of his two PK's to go in slipping by Rui Patríce and the usually pass happy Marques Trenton had his first goal in ages, mear minutes later. All this after a long, long scoreless tie that went on for over half an hour, an unusual occurrence for the Maroons. Rui was swapped though ans NLA put in reserve player António Lopes who did only better but by then it was a game of keepaway by the Maroons. in the 808th minute Evan Jefferson basically let the Lusitanians get a freebie as Daniel Jota kicked one in at the 88th minute but it was clear Jefferson gave it to him.

Mark Hailey jumps next to Devonelle Laymore after scoring a penalty kick

NEW LUSITANIA - 1
Jota 88'

XANNERIA - 3
M Hailey 32'
Trenton 49'
G Hailey 67'
Last edited by Xanneria on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xanneria: My main nation
Teams
NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM: Maroons - Record 80-23-59 (W-D-L) (This may not be 100% accurate)
FIRST CONTEST: Copa Esportiva 23
FIRST GAME: Vangazaland 3-1 Xanneria
FIRST WIN: 5-3 vs Qingland
LARGEST MOV: 5-0 vs Pineapple Porcupines/ 7-2 vs Starcom Racing/5-0 vs HAIKU
CHAMPIONSHIPS:Baptism of Fire 69 (Nice!) winner / Group Winner CE24
Non Association Football Stats
NSCF TEAMS: Xannerian Polytechnic
NSSCRA: Cars #10,12,16

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports