NATION

PASSWORD

Maritime Imperial [Naval and Civilian Shipwrights'] [Closed]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:46 pm

Supreme Tyranny wrote:Greetings! I am new to Forums and am looking for ships for The Iron Orders Navy and Marine Corps. How does that work? :)

[OOC: Because this is a roleplaying forum, everything - including acquiring ships - is roleplayed through text. If you'd like to order some of Maritime Imperial's ships, you're more than welcome to browse my catalogue and post an in-character letter addressed to the company from the perspective of your navy or marine corps (or whoever else, since MI's stock is mostly civilian ships for the time being). The best advice I can give you is to be realistic when you're thinking about your navy's needs and how you'll make your nation's canon. If you have any questions at all feel free to send me a telegram. :)]
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Supreme Tyranny
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Tyranny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:19 pm

:)

Supreme Tyranny
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Tyranny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Supreme Tyranny wrote::)

Well sir, where is your catalog

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:23 pm

Vamenlac wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish two (2) shipyards within your represented state of Vamenlac. I can assure you that Maritime Imperial will become a valued long-term employer within your nation. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that should these sites will be developed, as requested - one as a fully-fledged production facility and the other as a maintenance and repair facility for your nation and region - you can expect in the region of two hundred jobs being created, of which a majority would be at the former production facility, dependent on the levels of demand within Vamenlac and the wider region in which it lies.

A representative of Maritime Imperial, and a lawyer from our legal representatives, deBarra-Murphy, will be in attendance shortly to iron out the details.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Supreme Tyranny wrote:-snip-

[OOC: It's in the first post in the thread. Each product is listed and clicking on the listing will take you to that vessel's description.]
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Supreme Tyranny
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Tyranny » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:47 pm

(IC) Sir, the Department of Defense of The Iron Order has noticed that you( Maritime Imperial) have no military ships in stock. The Department would ask the question if it is in the capabilities of Maritime Imperial, who claim to be naval shipwrights, to build an Independence Class LCS.

-Lieutenant General Supreme Tyranny, Supreme Chancellor of The Iron Order-
The Iron Order

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Dear Maritime Imperial, the ships that we require are container ships, tankers and bulk carry ships. We need some to fit in the Suez, Strait of Gibraltar, Bosphorus, Panama Canal, but not all need to be that small. In the near future, we may require ice breakers and/or double acting hulls. For a fee, we would like to use Maritime Imperial ship yards for maintenance, and are happy to pay a fee for it. We are a completely civilian company, and only want civilian ships. We can also customise our steel products to meet your needs
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cedric ap Mordan
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cedric ap Mordan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:59 am

Greetings Maritime Imperial. I am Cedric ap Mordan, King of Gwynedd. My council and I were wondering if your corporation could help me build my navy and shipping industry.

As our great kingdom( OOC:the kingdom of Gwynedd was a kingdom on Great Britain a little bit after the romans pulled out of england. Also the time when the Saxons started invading the island of Great Britain) needs to build up our navy to protect t ourselves from the Saxon raids, also we need to build up our trade industry, im not sure if your corporation has any experience with building warships, i would like them to be like the old Style of the Romans when they were here in England, with a ram on the front and oars as well as a sail. For the trading ships, about the same design but with out the ram, and space for cargo, so probably a bit wider and deeper than the war ship.

Thank You Sir,
King Cedric

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Supreme Tyranny wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial. I must correct an error in your last letter; Maritime Imperial does indeed produce naval vessels, via our subsidiary company Tethys Mara. At present we sell two electronic/signals intelligence craft on the international market, namely the Gracchus-class and the nuclear-powered Belisarius-class. We do not at this time produce direct combat craft, although we acquired the rights to a guided missile battleship recently and have been considering bringing this onto the market.

I regret to inform you that it is not our policy, generally, to produce, or permit to be produced, vessels of a design of foreign origin within our shipyards. The exception to this is on those occasions when the Maltropian crown intervenes by edict when dedicated shipyards lack the capacity that only Maritime Imperial can achieve. That said, I have a passing familiarity with the design you have named, and I suspect any major commercial shipyard would be more than competent to produce it to the fullest hull specifications.

I trust you will not be disheartened by this information, and I wish you all the best in your search for a supplier. If you should need an intelligence craft in the near future, or a fleet replenishment oiler or an amphibious transport dock (landing platform/dock) in the less certain future, please do remember Maritime Imperial.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

[OOC: A long-standing assumption regarding tech is that most real-world designs are available to every nation; so every country can have its Arleigh Burkes, its BMWs and its Rolexes if it wants to. A lot of people prefer to avoid using real-world designs (myself included, when I can find an NS alternative) but that decision is down to personal preference.]

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Cedric ap Mordan wrote:-snip-

[OOC: I'd absolutely love to respond to this in-character, but Maritime Imperial has only existed since 1807 so if this is set in the early- to mid-first millennium then this is not your company of choice. :p I do have a storefront that does PT stuff, Aquilifer Naval Engineering, but its catalogue right now is only an early Age of Discovery caravel and a WWI battleship. If that doesn't faze you then please by all means post on that storefront and we can work out a deal in-character (bearing in mind that I probably won't be able to lineart or have set-in-stone specifications for any such craft for some time).

If I've misunderstood and this post is from a modern-day, modern tech nation... oops? :p

Also, as an aside, I live just a ferry ride away from Gwynedd and know plenty about that period but I appreciate the thoughtfulness.]

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 am

Dear Maritime Imperial, are you icebreakers commercial (freight), research or passenger?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue May 23, 2017 11:51 am

Australian Republic wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your enquiry. The Argalium-class nuclear-powered icebreaker was designed to function as a research and surveying vessel, with full suites of oceanographic and seabed mapping equipment such as multibeam echo sounders, CTD rosette and acoustic Doppler current profilers, as well as dedicated wet and dry lab facilities. The ship can accommodate a modest number of passengers (20-30) in addition to full-time crew and staff, but these were originally imagined to be on-board in a research capacity. For the Argalium to act as a dedicated passenger ship would require substantial modification of the base design - modification which we would be more than happy to undertake, of course, to suit your needs - and would perhaps render the ship's reactor excessive.

Hopefully this answers your question.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

[OOC: God only knows why I never thought to add specifics such as these to the original write-up. Thanks for the prompt!]

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 23, 2017 11:59 am

Thank you. We shall acess our need for it.
What do you offer in the way of river transfer? (Cargo and passanger) And you don't do cruise ships do you?

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue May 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial again. You are invited to browse our catalogue, which lists all our products available on the export market. At present this includes no river craft or cruise ships, but do please continue to watch our catalogue for future additions to our stock.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Imperial Ame Ran
Spokesperson

Founded: May 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Ame Ran » Tue May 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Nation name:The United States of Imperial Ame Ran
Number of shipyards:10

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue May 23, 2017 3:28 pm

Can we please purchase 2 Sejanus-class container ships?

Maltropia wrote:

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial again. You are invited to browse our catalogue, which lists all our products available on the export market. At present this includes no river craft or cruise ships, but do please continue to watch our catalogue for future additions to our stock.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Please add double acting ships
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_acting_ship

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Imperial Ame Ran wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish ten (10) shipyards within your represented state of the United States of Ame Ran. Indeed, I am delighted to be able to assure you that these sites will all be developed - four as fully-fledged production facilities for your region, and the other six as repair and maintenance sites due to present low demand within your area. Naturally we hope demand will increase further with time as our reputation continues to build in your nation, and over the next 10 years will continue to evaluate the economic aspects of expanding production and/or the number of shipyards, should this be considered acceptable and prudent by your own relevant agencies and ministries.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested two (2) Sejanus-class container ships shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect full delivery of your order to be completed within the next twelve (12) months. We greatly appreciate that you have taken us up on offer and will naturally apply the promised discount, meaning that the net price of your order is 170,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. I thank you sincerely for your custom.

Thank you also for your suggestion of adding double-acting ships. At Maritime Imperial we are always looking to meet even - and especially - the most specific needs of our customer base, and we appreciate this kind of prompt. Your suggestion has been noted and will be passed on to our dedicated design teams.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Last edited by Maltropia on Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Controlling a vast Antarctic territory, with that being our only frozen shipping routes, we need these ships for operation in our barely developed Antarctic Territory
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vionna-Frankenlisch
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vionna-Frankenlisch » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:29 pm

To: Those that it may concern within Maritime Imperial
From: Sir Stanley Elson, Chairman of the Imperial Seizure and Reissue Board

Two days ago at noon the Imperial Vionnan Police Force raided a minor seaport and shipyard in Falfort on the Gestorian border, the raid proved suspicions that the shipyard was a base of operations for a major criminal syndicate and also contained several illegal marijuana farms and makeshift laboratories for the production of Meth Amphetamine. The raid ended with twelve gang members killed and two police officers wounded, the remainder of the criminals were captured or escaped. After a thorough clean out of the facilities by the Vionnan Police the ISRB seized the before privately owned shipyard. As there have been no interested buyers due to the shipyard's location and history, we now offer it to you.

Nation name: The United Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlisch
Number of shipyards: One

We are happy to allow a full tour and inspection of the facilities before you make your decision. Fishing and Shipping companies throughout Vionna-Frankenlisch would be delighted if you were to accept this proposal as they would be able to purchase, from Maritime Imperial, vessels for their fleets.

Yours, Sir Stanley Elson
New Edom wrote:Unwerth laughed. “Such hen lobsters are the Vionnans. But then, every Vionnan is half a sodomite."

Commissar of Revolutionary Action of the INTERNATIONAL SOCIALIST CONGRESS
Also responsible for Espicuta of Teremara, go check that region out for a friendly crew and a fulfilling MT role-playing experience!

iiWiki

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Can we have 15 Osprey Fishing Boats, please

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:37 am

Official Message from Dillard Industrial Logistics

Dillard Industrial Logistics, a new company in the industrial logistics field, wishes to purchase from your company one of its finest product, the Sejanus-class container ship, specifically, ten of them.

We will pay for these cargo ships upon conrimation of our order.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:59 pm

Vionna-Frankenlisch wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your invitation. We are most gratified to learn of your desire to see us establish a shipyard within your represented state of the United Kingdom of Vionna-Frankenlisch, and delighted at this opportunity to endow this site with a new, more noble purpose. It is wonderful that a site which has been a source for that which causes so much hardship and sadness can receive a second chance at bringing prosperity to its community of Falfort.

On behalf of Maritime Imperial, I accept your invitation to tour the site and assess its suitability to our needs. If deemed satisfactory, we would like to negotiate the acquisition in a relatively short space of time so that the site might achieve operational status within the next year.

Finally, I must ask if you could possibly put me in contact with drug rehabilitation services and the like in the Falfort area, as we would like to make a donation to fund their services into the future, demonstrating our active commitment to promoting the well-being of our communities.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:58 pm

1 Seajuns Container Ship, please

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:22 am

4 harbour tugs, please

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 am

What do you offer for rivers and lakes?

Maltropia
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 pm

Allanea wrote:-snip-

Sir,
Thank you for contacting Maritime Imperial with your order. We are most gratified to learn you have chosen our products over those of our competitors and can assure you with utmost confidence that you have made the best choice. Production of your requested ten (10) Sejanus-class container ships shall be commenced as soon as is feasible, and you may expect full delivery of your order to be completed within the next eighteen (18) months. In recognition of your firm's recent entry to the industrial logistics market, we have decided to confer a one-time 7% discount on your order, bringing the net price to 790,000,000 NSD, which sum is to be made payable in full to our account with Príomhbanc Maltróipea [account #152619743228]. Please also remember that repeat customers are eligible for further discounts. We invite you to take full advantage of this arrangement. I thank you sincerely for your custom.

Regards,
Keith Mulcahy
Chief Executive Officer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade