NATION

PASSWORD

Global Economics and Trade Help Desk and Q&A

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rodrania
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:46 am

Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:
Virana wrote:The Says-It seal generator has been down for months (at least for me), and I attempted contacting the website owner about it, but I never received a reply. Maybe someone else could attempt to contact the individual as well regarding this issue? His email is on the contact page of the website.

Aside from him though, there are a few people here on NS that do some graphics work. I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I'll let you know soon as I do.

Same problem here. It's wrote ERROR:403

It happened to me with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, so i think it's because of the website being a bitch with some of us :3
Pronouns are he/him if you care, tho I myself don't.
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:47 am

Rodrania wrote:
Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:Same problem here. It's wrote ERROR:403

It happened to me with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, so i think it's because of the website being a bitch with some of us :3

aha, omg, i'm not the only one looking for this ;_;
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Founded: May 14, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:32 am

I wander if the official seal generator has had to be pulled for legal reasons?
All storefronts can be found here In my factbook
Factbook: new factbook under construction
RP'sLife in Barentsburg RP ooc
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.
Aurora Confederacy is proud to be a member of the Astyria Region

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Rodrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:33 am

Aurora Confederacy wrote:I wander if the official seal generator has had to be pulled for legal reasons?

I don't think so, Lamoni said it works fine for him
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

well error 403 on Virgin in the UK.
PLEASE telegram me after you place an order with Order at [ENTER STOREFRONT] please
To Pony, off-world and fantasy nations, note; alien beings, fantasy beings can't cross into this universe and write from their perspective, as it's based on a MODERN TECH HUMAN ONLY SETTING SORRY!! This also includes Cloned humans as M/T technology has not progressed in cloning entire humans yet. PS I don't do war RP's either.

related nations: Aurora Confederacy State of The Khayr Var Region. - Greater Orcadia

Arkolon
Powerbroker

Founded: May 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkolon » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Lamoni: steal source code, rehost somewhere else, gib to us
"Revisionism is nothing else than a theoretic generalisation made from the angle of the isolated capitalist. Where does this viewpoint belong theoretically if not in vulgar bourgeois economics?"
Rosa Luxemburg

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Lopehi wrote:Well, I have changed my currency to the much stronger Unitaria. Any suggestions?

You're making a false assumption (an all too common one on NS) that a "strong currency", measured as one unit being worth more than one USD, is necessarily a good thing. There isn't much correlation (within a reasonable range) between a highly valued currency and a strong economy and vice versa between a low valued currency and a weak economy. In addition, a highly valued currency makes it cheaper to import and more expensive to export and vice versa, so having a currency worth $5.25 would, I believe, make Lopehi exports to countries outside the currency union less competitive than, say, Sondsteadish exports (1 Sondsteadish Kron = $0.17). :p

Venaleria wrote:I'm looking to do a standard airline storefront with the customized plane designs you see everywhere. This may be a dumb question, but, how do you do those?

Actually, I've been considering starting a storefront mainly for airline liveries, if anyone's interested.
Last edited by Sondstead on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Of course, if your currency remains fairly fixed in value relative to NSD, it shouldn't have too much of an impact on your trade; the issue is when your currency becomes able to buy more NSD, meaning people with NSD can't buy as much of your stuff. Economically it just means that there'll be a time when there's less demand for your exports, and that everything will eventually balance out to an exchange rate that works. If your currency's unstable, though, people will lose confidence in it and it will be A) harder to trade and B) harder to get investors. That's why a lot of people prefer to fix their currencies at a certain exchange rate.

For example, the Maltropian Ducat trades at MD€ 1 - 2.05 NSD, give or take a few decimal places. It's a lot stronger than Sondstead's ( :p ), but since its value is pretty much constant it's not too hard for Sondsteaders to buy Ducats without worrying over getting a bad deal, so trade isn't too risky between the two countries. It's when a currency's value fluctuates that trade gets tricky, and you get currency speculators buying up cheap currency to sell later, which can ruin your economy sometimes.

EDIT: Sond - DO IT. :p
Last edited by Maltropia on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Sondstead
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sondstead » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Maltropia wrote:EDIT: Sond - DO IT. :p

The one problem is that I do all my work in Inkscape, so it's a pain in the arse to draw a livery if I don't have an svg file of the aircraft type and it'll likely come out looking worse. Luckily though, I've been able to request the svg files for almost all of VL's aircraft designs, so if anyone wants to give him more money (or buy my planes) it gives them a leg up in getting a livery. Never mind the fact that KMF's a major aerospace subcontractor in Maredoratica including to Monteluci Aeronautica, that's probably unrelated. ;)
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
Fartsniffage wrote:Poor analogy. A better one would be a high school american football team approaching a couple of kids quietly reading/writing during lunch hour, telling them to play with them and then stamping on their books/notepads if they refuse.

All with the teacher watching on from the sidelines nodding in approval.

Visit Sondstead at : IIWiki (related articles) : Embassy Program
Commerce : KMF Automobile : Nörditser Windstrand International Airport

Follow SRR Sondstead World – Your Window on Sondstead

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Arkolon wrote:Lamoni: steal source code, rehost somewhere else, gib to us

lol
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Regnum Albion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Albion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:46 am

- Post Deleted -
Last edited by Regnum Albion on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SquareDisc City
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2004

Postby SquareDisc City » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:54 am

As I understand it "strength" of currency is a relative thing. When the US Dollar was worth about 0.5 Pounds Sterling, it was weak because the normal exchange rate is more like $1 = £0.70. By contrast when the Indian Rupee was worth about 2 1/2 US cents, the rupee was strong compared to the more usual exchange rate of about 1 ₹ = $0.15

The currency becoming stronger makes imports cheap and exports uncompetitive, encouraging a trade deficit. A trade deficit, where you import more than you export, in turn tends to weaken the currency. The converse arguments apply. It might thus be an interesting idea to maintain an exchange rate and vary it depending on whether you're buying or selling more on GE&T.
FT: The Confederation of the United Pokemon Types, led by Regent Mew.
Nuclear pulse propulsion is best propulsion.

Rodrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:54 am

Regnum Albion wrote:Hi, quick question here.

How can I advertise a storefront other than just putting it in my signature?

I made this storefront a couple of days ago but it's dropped off the front page of the GE&T forum so it's not really getting any views.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248578

Thanks in advance!

Bump it

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:23 am

I made this storefront a couple of days ago but it's dropped off the front page of the GE&T forum so it's not really getting any views.

Thanks in advance!

A few ways to do it...
  • Signature (obviously)
  • Actual advertisement threads (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66657 < fun fact.. myself and several other nations back then had an advertising war between our airlines)
  • Promote it in your RP's - for yours, maybe you're RPing in a character RP, you could have your character drinking tea from your company, linking back to your storefront.

Those are 3 very good, and surprisingly uncommon ways to promote your storefront. I'm amazed how few people do any of those 3.
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Regnum Albion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Albion » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:46 am

- Post Deleted -
Last edited by Regnum Albion on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nouvel Ecosse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouvel Ecosse » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:48 am

Thanks in advance!

I personally believe that you need more of a discount when ordering in bulk. At the moment the deal between my restaurant and your company would just be too much of a financial risk, with not much money saved. TG me about a deal, please.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks in advance!

Not being on the first page isn't that much of a problem, really; I'll regularly go through up to about seven pages looking for threads that catch my eye.

But yeah, ViZion's suggestions are good ones. I'd also recommend that you actively seek out the kinds of storefronts that would be most interested in your products - restaurants, hotels, maybe the classier airlines - and post a marketing letter. Some industries, especially food/drink-providers and pubs/restaurants, or airports and airlines, have a lot of interdependence in providing business for each other, and you can't just sit and wait for customers to come to you.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

ViZion
Powerbroker

Anarchy

Postby ViZion » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:58 pm

Maltropia wrote:I'd also recommend that you actively seek out the kinds of storefronts that would be most interested in your products - restaurants, hotels, maybe the classier airlines - and post a marketing letter. Some industries, especially food/drink-providers and pubs/restaurants, or airports and airlines, have a lot of interdependence in providing business for each other, and you can't just sit and wait for customers to come to you.

Correct. He's exactly right. Even if he's crazy.

Crazy good.
The Constitutional Federal Republic of ViZion

[ Angola | Zambia | Tanzania | Antarctica | ViZion Island | Northern South America | Central America | Astyria | Coulter Bay | 18,546,524.5 sq mi ]
(Founded June 14, 2003)
Astyria | Astyria GE&T Directory | The Astyrian Network

Regnum Albion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Regnum Albion » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:44 pm

- Post Deleted -
Last edited by Regnum Albion on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:46 pm

Any advice on how I can draw in customers? I've tried advertising in the "Your nation's main military..." style threads.

I'm currently working on cleaning up my storefront by making picture-banners for my equipment, but I'm not even sure if that will work.

Link to storefront in signature, if anyone actually feels like reviewing it.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Postby Lamoni » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:25 pm

ViZion wrote:

Thanks in advance!

A few ways to do it...
  • Signature (obviously)
  • Actual advertisement threads (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=66657 < fun fact.. myself and several other nations back then had an advertising war between our airlines)
  • Promote it in your RP's - for yours, maybe you're RPing in a character RP, you could have your character drinking tea from your company, linking back to your storefront.

Those are 3 very good, and surprisingly uncommon ways to promote your storefront. I'm amazed how few people do any of those 3.

This would be how you do it, Pharthan.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Pharthan wrote:Any advice on how I can draw in customers? I've tried advertising in the "Your nation's main military..." style threads.

I'm currently working on cleaning up my storefront by making picture-banners for my equipment, but I'm not even sure if that will work.

Link to storefront in signature, if anyone actually feels like reviewing it.

I've tried to do a "Twitter" feed, but that really hasn't done anything. Honestly, I just like to bump it every once in a while.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Pharthan
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pharthan » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Lamoni wrote:

In short, I need to start actually getting into RPs.
HALCYON ARMS STOREFRONT

"Humanity is a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"Besides, if God didn't want us making glowing fish and insect-resistant corn, the building blocks of life wouldn't be so easy for science to fiddle with." - Dracoria

Why haven't I had anything new in my storefront for so long? This is why. I've been busy.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:48 am

Thanks in advance!

copy the storefront url
go to [user control pannel] ---> [profile] ---> [edit signature] ---> then type in the text I have sent you in a PM, then confirm it by clicking [submit]
--
oh you have already sorted it.

lol though keep your signature to less than 5 lines. so as you develop more storefronts, add them to a spoiler.
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aurora Confederacy
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aurora Confederacy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:00 am

Pharthan wrote:
Lamoni wrote:

In short, I need to start actually getting into RPs.

Most character based RPing goes on in NS and II, though some goes on in other forums, GE&T is primarily a trading storefront, a giant marketplace if you like, so for here, have a look at what you think you could develop into a viable storefront, My speciality is Commercial vehicles and Logistics, with 2 trucking companies, a Ferry company and a truck manufacturer.

if you know a lot about handguns for example, it may be worth imparting that knowledge into a storefront and develop a storefront selling guns, though there is a shit load already doing that, if your knowledge is aircraft, go that route. As I used to work at a place that made truck bodies and since a child have had an interest in trucks I use that knowledge to make my Diamond Star storefront. They are not simply images snaffled off Google (Mercedes benz don't use sleeve valve engines and Volvo's new FH16 does not have a V8 in it), once I have done the imagery, then starts the write up and with any storefront, whether it be selling Armaments or zimbabwean labour (slaves) you want to hit your potential customers with something that GRABS their attention by their sensitive bits and come to you rather than going to your competitors.

for an RP, to start with, go for a simple character RP, one that is going to have interraction, so set it in an airport (a'la Maltropia) or in a town, rather than major nation v nation fraccas like a war
Last edited by Aurora Confederacy on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade