NATION

PASSWORD

United League of Nations

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

Globexanter wrote:
-Deus- wrote:Heh, I agree. But my Daius are neither super, nor even at an advantage. I purposely made them the way they are, at an utter disadvantage.

A person with non-human citizens which aren't a major godmod packed in one small tight spot!
That is rare.

On the other point, can't the U.L.N. force some citizens of it's inactive member Nations to join its defense force?

No, because that would be godmodding and basically RPing the other, inactive members stats, citizens, and what not. But this is just me interjecting.

Laneige
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laneige » Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 am

-Deus- wrote:
Globexanter wrote:
A person with non-human citizens which aren't a major godmod packed in one small tight spot!
That is rare.

On the other point, can't the U.L.N. force some citizens of it's inactive member Nations to join its defense force?

No, because that would be godmodding and basically RPing the other, inactive members stats, citizens, and what not. But this is just me interjecting.

Agreed with this..

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Fri May 06, 2011 1:33 pm

Laneige wrote:
-Deus- wrote:No, because that would be godmodding and basically RPing the other, inactive members stats, citizens, and what not. But this is just me interjecting.

Agreed with this..

Indeed. RP'ing another state's people without explicit permission is a major godmod.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Sat May 07, 2011 1:31 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Laneige wrote:Agreed with this..

Indeed. RP'ing another state's people without explicit permission is a major godmod.

What they can do is, as I understand it, use the forces that nations inactive in this alliance have already donated.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 pm

-St George wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:Indeed. RP'ing another state's people without explicit permission is a major godmod.

What they can do is, as I understand it, use the forces that nations inactive in this alliance have already donated.

That I see no problem with. I have on several occassions RP'ed other states forces after receiving permission to do so. In fact this state was founded on the backs of soldiers that wheren't Quendis even though I RP'ed them.
Nation RP name
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

British Kuwait
Ambassador

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby British Kuwait » Sat May 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Well I've been absent from ULN affairs for quite awhile... Anything interesting?
Proud member of the Anti-ORBAT Club

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat May 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Yes we are under invasion.
Nation RP name

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 pm

British Kuwait wrote:Well I've been absent from ULN affairs for quite awhile... Anything interesting?

There's an invasion of the ULN by AMF's Brimstone Pact. The alliance has crumbled and New Korongo turned his backs on the ULN.
Founder of TETism and on/off 18-year NS vet. Call me Chris.
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

British Kuwait
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby British Kuwait » Sat May 07, 2011 1:56 pm

Tiami wrote:
British Kuwait wrote:Well I've been absent from ULN affairs for quite awhile... Anything interesting?

There's an invasion of the ULN by AMF's Brimstone Pact. The alliance has crumbled and New Korongo turned his backs on the ULN.

And how has this situation come to be? And New Korongo left?
Last edited by British Kuwait on Sat May 07, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat May 07, 2011 3:00 pm

British Kuwait wrote:
Tiami wrote:There's an invasion of the ULN by AMF's Brimstone Pact. The alliance has crumbled and New Korongo turned his backs on the ULN.

The ULN is no more basically. Also, you realize that I used to be Christantle right.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

Globexanter
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Globexanter » Sat May 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Tiami wrote:
British Kuwait wrote:And how has this situation come to be? And New Korongo left?

The ULN is no more basically. Also, you realize that I used to be Christantle right.

Christantle, you've forgotten about your ice cream shop!

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat May 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Globexanter wrote:
Tiami wrote:The ULN is no more basically. Also, you realize that I used to be Christantle right.

Christantle, you've forgotten about your ice cream shop!

Call me Chris. I got a draft for that in my Draft folder for GE&T.

Tehraan
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Sat May 07, 2011 5:24 pm

British Kuwait wrote:
Tiami wrote:There's an invasion of the ULN by AMF's Brimstone Pact. The alliance has crumbled and New Korongo turned his backs on the ULN.

Their are currently several members still active in the ULN but the main organisation has colapsed. New Korongo is in a civil war and a dictator that replaced the old government has betrayed the ULN and Tehraanian along with Swkollian forces are attacking him while several other nations are involved in in the conflict too. My goal is to return the government that was on outside in one form or an other. Several other members are also currently under attack by other nations but have yet to actually cal for help and the threads are on closed so we can't intervene with out some permission. Overall it seems more like the calm before a storm

British Kuwait
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby British Kuwait » Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Tiami wrote:
British Kuwait wrote:And how has this situation come to be? And New Korongo left?

What happened to your account man? Should I add this one to my embassy program then..

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Sat May 07, 2011 6:28 pm

British Kuwait wrote:
Tiami wrote:The ULN is no more basically. Also, you realize that I used to be Christantle right.

What happened to your account man? Should I add this one to my embassy program then..

Got Deat'd. Personal though.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun May 08, 2011 8:05 am

Anyone who can give me the link to the forum? I seem to have misplaced it.
Nation RP name

Tehraan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Anyone who can give me the link to the forum? I seem to have misplaced it.

http://uln.proboards.com/index.cgi

Tehraan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Sun May 08, 2011 8:28 am

I suggest that all remaining active members join up and organize in to a ULN remnant army and pledge our support for this pact.

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?uid=66454&f=5&t=111449&start=0

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Sun May 08, 2011 8:29 am

Tehraan wrote:I suggest that all remaining active members join up and organize in to a ULN remnant army and pledge our support for this pact.

No
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 am

Swkoll wrote:
Tehraan wrote:I suggest that all remaining active members join up and organize in to a ULN remnant army and pledge our support for this pact.

No

you should still pledge your support! :D for ti was brimstone that brought about the fall of your rather fat but still glorious alliance! ha ha Like i said if yoou wont do it as a collective as the ULN remnant or w.e just do it individually.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun May 08, 2011 8:33 am

Swkoll wrote:

No

While I agree with you a more elaborate reply is certainly called for. My own resistance to such a meassure is that the Popular and Imperial Quendi Armies fight under their own unilateral command and has hesitance towards the Aries pact.
Nation RP name

Of The Arch ilands
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Of The Arch ilands » Sun May 08, 2011 8:35 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Swkoll wrote:No

While I agree with you a more elaborate reply is certainly called for. My own resistance to such a meassure is that the Popular and Imperial Quendi Armies fight under their own unilateral command and has hesitance towards the Aries pact.

I will make it clear there will be no central command structure once again ARIES isnt an alliance in the normal sense, its an agreement between nations to stand united against tyranny. There is no charter no Force pool just a signature to say should one of us be attacked you will come to help.

If we are to go to war it will be the members who wish to go not the full Pact.
The Confederacy of the Arch Islands Factbook|Confederacy of the arch Planets Factbook (FT)|Military Factbook (MT)|Arch's Random Species Generator (FT)

Xiscapia wrote:In Soviet Archland, OH SHIT FRANK IS BEHIND YOU!

18:47 Urarailgun In heaven the cooks are Archian, the engineers are Urarailian, the lovers are Delemontian, and the police are Britannian. In hell the cooks are Britannian, the engineers are Delemontian, the lovers are Archian, and the police are Urarailian

Tehraan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 am

One way or an other we cannot Ignore the threat of the brimstone pact IC without actually ignoring it. They will pop up again and again. At least they're trying to create some united front against brimstone.
Last edited by Tehraan on Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 am

Of The Arch ilands wrote:
Of the Quendi wrote:While I agree with you a more elaborate reply is certainly called for. My own resistance to such a meassure is that the Popular and Imperial Quendi Armies fight under their own unilateral command and has hesitance towards the Aries pact.

I will make it clear there will be no central command structure once again ARIES isnt an alliance in the normal sense, its an agreement between nations to stand united against tyranny. There is no charter no Force pool just a signature to say should one of us be attacked you will come to help.

Which is exactly the problem. The People and Senate can never sign any document that could affect our "crusader diplomacy" foreign policy. Tyranny is to the People and Senate not the suppression of one state over another but over a dictator over his people, of a master over his slaves, of a husband over his wife, of one groups over another. States that sanction any of the above can under some circumstances be invaded for the greater good. Hence signing the agreement is not possible although that shall not prevent the People and Senate from providing indirect support, or in the case of the Brimstone Pact very direct support.

OOC: It would appear that I can't get on the forums so if there is any important discussions going on could someone give a summary?
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Sun May 08, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nation RP name

Tehraan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Tehraan » Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Of The Arch ilands wrote:

Which is exactly the problem. The People and Senate can never sign any document that could affect our "crusader diplomacy" foreign policy. Tyranny is to the People and Senate not the suppression of one state over another but over a dictator over his people, of a master over his slaves, of a husband over his wife, of one groups over another. States that sanction any of the above can under some circumstances be invaded for the greater good. Hence signing the agreement is not possible although that shall not prevent the People and Senate from providing indirect support, or in the case of the Brimstone Pact very direct support.

OOC: It would appear that I can't get on the forums so if there is any important discussions going on could someone give a summary?

not since the NK left. It's practically dead.
Last edited by Tehraan on Sun May 08, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents