NATION

PASSWORD

Petty fight on the seas [MT|OOC|CLOSED]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:04 pm

Yeee finally.

Accepted ofcourse

Cocos Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cocos Republic » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:53 am

The Cocos Republic is too tiny to play any military role, but being as we're an island chain in the Indian Ocean very close by I'd say we'd be pretty interested in trying to keep things from blowing up so it won't disturb the tourism we're so reliant on :P

We're probably just going to try and advocate for peace + also deploying a patrol boat to make sure nothing spills over into our EEZ.
The Republic of the Cocos-Dampier Islands
"Maju Pulu Kita"
A tiny, idyllic island country in the Indian Ocean, heavily dependent on Australia
Capital: Ampang
Population: 18,314
Premier: Mat Hasan bin Said
GDP: - $27.7 million
- $14,786 per capita

Delageon
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Delageon » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:50 am

The King reads of the conflict in the Ankedo Islands and laughs. Why would anyone fight over such a pitiful place? He knows that he never would. He goes back to reading the morning report, completely forgetting about the conflict.
Last edited by Delageon on Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Delageon
A Semi-Contitutional Monarchical Near-Future nation ruled over by a mysterious figure known only as "The King"

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:55 am

Delageon wrote:The King reads of the conflict in the Ankedo Islands and laughs. Why would anyone fight over such a pitiful place? He knows that he never would. He goes back to reading the morning report, completely forgetting about the conflict.

Well, maybe if you like your sweet sweet oil going through on post-Malaccamax tankers you'd care
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:30 am

Cocos Republic wrote:The Cocos Republic is too tiny to play any military role, but being as we're an island chain in the Indian Ocean very close by I'd say we'd be pretty interested in trying to keep things from blowing up so it won't disturb the tourism we're so reliant on :P

We're probably just going to try and advocate for peace + also deploying a patrol boat to make sure nothing spills over into our EEZ.

Accepted

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Joyeia i need some enlightement.

Joyean Maritime infantrymen have been spread out throughout the islands but a group of about 100 of them were sent to take the airbase.
Are you talking about Samora Machel or the Pohneian temporary airstrip?

which was severely weakened by our assault. They were taken to the island in LS 13 landing craft. They either jumped or ran out of the landing craft and easily pushed Kergistani forces back arou 80 troops from Kergstan were captured and returned to Joyea.

Doesn't it seem unrealistic tht Joyeia didn't suffer casualties in the case of Samora Machel due to the heavy kergstani presence?
In the case of Pohneian airstrip there have never been kergstani soldiers on foot there.

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:28 pm

Kergstan wrote:Joyeia i need some enlightement.

Joyean Maritime infantrymen have been spread out throughout the islands but a group of about 100 of them were sent to take the airbase.
Are you talking about Samora Machel or the Pohneian temporary airstrip?

which was severely weakened by our assault. They were taken to the island in LS 13 landing craft. They either jumped or ran out of the landing craft and easily pushed Kergistani forces back arou 80 troops from Kergstan were captured and returned to Joyea.

Doesn't it seem unrealistic tht Joyeia didn't suffer casualties in the case of Samora Machel due to the heavy kergstani presence?
In the case of Pohneian airstrip there have never been kergstani soldiers on foot there.

Samora Machel, sorry forgot to mention casualties.
I adhere to some NS stats not all
Incumbent General Secretary: Wann Khaoma
Incumbent Party Chairman: Nguyễn Nam Sơn
Incumbent Parliament Speaker: Chen Reasmey
Incumbent Chief Justice of the Peoples Superior Court: Tống Duy Hải

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 am

Honestly 100 units from Joyeia would be almost evaporated in Samora Machel as there's a concentration of units and equipment

Eco-empire
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eco-empire » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:22 am

Greetings from Eco-empire, we have been monitoring the situation and after debating the situation we have decided to aid Kergstan due to our shared ideals. We will send some equipment to their Military and a small sized peacekeeping unit (230 soldiers) and a patrol boat.
Last edited by Eco-empire on Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Political stance
This nation mainly represents my views.

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:43 am

Eco-empire wrote:Greetings from Eco-empire, we have been monitoring the situation and after debating the situation we have decided to aid Kergstan due to our shared ideals. We will send some equipment to their Military and a small sized peacekeeping unit (230 soldiers) and a patrol boat.

Accepted

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:28 pm

Kergstan wrote:Honestly 100 units from Joyeia would be almost evaporated in Samora Machel as there's a concentration of units and equipment

Ok, I edited it so now 900 troops attacked it.
I adhere to some NS stats not all
Incumbent General Secretary: Wann Khaoma
Incumbent Party Chairman: Nguyễn Nam Sơn
Incumbent Parliament Speaker: Chen Reasmey
Incumbent Chief Justice of the Peoples Superior Court: Tống Duy Hải

Imperial Majapahit
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Majapahit » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 am

Joyea, was your attack against Kergstan on Samora Machel made public or discovered and reported by media outlets? Or was it done in secrecy without anyone else knowing?

If it was publicly known, I plan to issue out a sharp diplomatic condemnation regarding that because 1) we consider that a major hindrance in the peace process (yes, even if we're both technically on Pohnei's side), and 2) we consider that an act of aggression without an official declaration or prior acceptable justification.

Also, a good general rule of thumb to follow in RPs is that casualties are decided by the opposing party whom you attack. In this case, it's okay to say that you attacked Kergstani forces, but how many were killed or captured in that attack should be left for Kergstan to decide. You also should include casualties from your own side, since realistically no army is invincible. Otherwise, it might count as possible godmodding.

Kergstan wrote:I'm yet to find a single ally lol.

*laughs in anti-communism*
♔ KEMAHARAJAAN MAJAPAHIT ♔
A sovereign Hindu-Buddhist empire in Southeast Asia, having survived centuries of crises and feeble European attempts at colonialism.
Overview | News Agency | Emperor | Premier | Territories | Military | Foreign Relations | Political Parties | Embassies | Trivia
A 15,38 civilization, according to this index.
Self-proclaimed 5-star General, Admiral, and Marshal in the realm of Hearts of Iron IV.
"Mahajapit? Majahapit? Mapajahit? Mahapajit? Mapajahit? Ma...ja...pa...hit?"

Weimar German
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Weimar German » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:59 am

This looks pretty interesting...

United Holdings Incorporated
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Holdings Incorporated » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:07 am

Since the UHI likes to be the world police, we'd probably send meditators and a few destroyers and cruisers on a FONOP, if things get out of control. We would most likely lean towards no one, just being there for peacekeeping.

ORBAT

3 Destroyers (Arleigh Burke-class)
3 Cruisers (Ticonderoga Class)
2 America Class LHA
3rd UHIM Div, FMBT, XMBT, AAVP, Bumerang, Sprut SD, F-22.
Last edited by United Holdings Incorporated on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The United States and Russia with a fresh coat of paint and tries to be as humane as possible.

We are a Mixed Tech nation depending on the year. 21st century- MT, PMT. 22nd Century LFT, MFT. 23rd Century FT.
We do not use nationstates statistics. Due to the low quality of the UHI's factbooks, all factbooks are currently non-canon until relative quality is improved. Thank you for your understanding.

Weimar German
Secretary

Postby Weimar German » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 pm

I'd like to join but is there any app?

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Weimar German wrote:I'd like to join but is there any app?

You just have to say which side you'll support and how

Weimar German
Secretary

Postby Weimar German » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Kergstan wrote:
Weimar German wrote:I'd like to join but is there any app?

You just have to say which side you'll support and how

Alright I'll support Kergstan.

I'll send 2 destroyers, 2 submarines and 1 helicopter carrier to the islands

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 am

Accepted.

America and the Cari delete your last post and abandon the RP please

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:10 am

I think you should TG them. If all else fails we can just ignore them
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

United Holdings Incorporated
Attaché

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Holdings Incorporated » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:03 pm

Am I accepted? This app has been collecting dust.
The United States and Russia with a fresh coat of paint and tries to be as humane as possible.

We are a Mixed Tech nation depending on the year. 21st century- MT, PMT. 22nd Century LFT, MFT. 23rd Century FT.
We do not use nationstates statistics. Due to the low quality of the UHI's factbooks, all factbooks are currently non-canon until relative quality is improved. Thank you for your understanding.

Weimar German
Secretary

Postby Weimar German » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 am

Kergstan wrote:Accepted.

America and the Cari delete your last post and abandon the RP please

Wait I just realized you were a commie. Is it possible if I void my support for you and support Nacrad instead?

Americae Roma
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Americae Roma » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:53 am

Alright, interested in this RP, I'll be siding with Pohnei.

ORBAT:
x3 Carrier Strike Groups( totalling 36 ships and 270 combat aircraft)
Will also launch long range strikes from my foreign bases in Japan, that is Misawa,Yokota and Kadena

Kergstan
Diplomat

Postby Kergstan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:56 pm

As Pohnei has all the allies in this conflict i'll limit myself to accepting United Holdings Incorporated and ask them if it's possible for them to act like the former colonial power who dominated Pohnei in the past.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:31 pm

From: Marcus Ohyes, Business Development Representative, Undersea Salvage and Recycling Cooperative
It has come to our attention that there may be conflicts occurring around your islands. We wish to put in a bid ahead of time for sunken material, especially warships. It is our desire to make sure that we can assure people that there will not be excess metals around your islands. Our representatives are standing by when you end this conflict to pick up any salvageable metal or materials. We represent a company that has been in operation for over a hundred years in the Universal Commons. If you need salvage, underwater construction, shipbreaking or other services we are here for you. We can even expand the reach of your islands by adding artificial reefs or fill.

Ausinia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ausinia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 am

OOC: Seems seems interesting. If I can Ill join too on the side of keeping the natives safe and possible extending the agreement, alongside the termination of the islands (Neutral) but would most likely go against Kergstan in any fights, given their aggression.
Last edited by Ausinia on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents