NATION

PASSWORD

EarthX Introductory Thread: "Valour, Honour, Liberty"

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

EarthX Introductory Thread: "Valour, Honour, Liberty"

Postby Nacrad » Wed May 20, 2020 6:41 am

Nacrad -- a subtropical land, located in Southern China, speaking a Germanic language.

Let's go back to 1886, precisely, 20 May 1886, where the Nacradians freed themselves from the shackles of the oppressive South Chinese Empire. It was there, at Riverfort, that the forefathers had written down these very words in the constitution: "For all men and women in Nacrad, these values are held dear: valour, honour, liberty."

In 2020, these values seem much more important. Valour, as the world is growing to be an increasingly desolate and dangerous place. Honour, as the people increasingly became tainted by the floods of gold. Liberty, as many other world leaders start oppressing their peoples again.

Today is the national day. The President gave a speech in front of the television.

"Good morning, afternoon or evening, my fellow citizens. The national day this year had been amidst a myriad of calamities, be it in our nation, or in the world around us, from plagues to wars, from the winter freeze to the summer fires, from tyrants to rebellions. But I must reassure you, it is in this uncertain time that we must presevere. Valour, to stand strong in the face of disaster; honour, to preserve the spirit that makes Nacrad Nacrad; liberty, when the world leaders take it away from its people."

"Indeed, it is with valour that Nacrad rebuilt itself brick by brick after the terrorist attacks in January, or the plague in February, or any other disaster. It is with honour that Nacrad had preserved its spirit, and it is with liberty that Nacrad had remained a democracy."

"This year's celebrations may be different. It may feel almost foreign, or insincere, or lackluster. It might even seem like that this lockdown may last forever. But I implore you, my fellow citizens, to stay hopeful. Help is on the way, and change will come. In 1886, all seemed to be lost for our forefathers, after the loss of Riverfort. Did they give up? No! They pressed on, and carried on against the Empire, and the change finally came. In the same vein, even when everything seems dire, stay hopeful. Change is on the way."

"I promise you, all of you, that this all shall blow over. The threats to be invaded, nullified; the virus, eradicated. So, stay hopeful. I wish all of you nothing but the best for the coming years."
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Wed May 20, 2020 8:21 pm

The next morning, neo-conservative headquarters.

"Change is coming? Change my arse! What is this incompetent hipster thinking? Kennedy, remind me again when's the last infection of this Wuhan Pneumonia plague?"

"It's almost a month ago."

"Exactly! Why won't he change his 'pandemic prevention' policies and let people enter our country?"

"Meh, maybe he's just an idiot."

"Ehh, regardless, I guess we can add that to when the presidential election rolls in again in 2023 or something..."
Last edited by Nacrad on Thu May 21, 2020 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Thu May 21, 2020 2:11 am

/deleted
Last edited by Nacrad on Thu May 21, 2020 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Fri May 22, 2020 6:50 pm

However, the average member of public couldn't care less about politics -- at least not in the middle of someone's term, except during bar fights.

It was the night of a friday, as one of the 168 million citizens just left work. It's half past 7, as he walks down to the extensive subway station. However, he didn't intend to use the subway to get home, at least not yet. He will make the 3-stop hop to the bar district, and drink his worries away.

"The (A) local train towards Lakeside is arriving, please mind the gap."

He boarded the almost spotless train, which arrived strictly on time, the trains were self-driving since 2010. The doors closed, and the passengers were squished like sardines, as much of the 15 million daily commuters prefer a stiff drink after a hectic week.

7 minutes have passed, as the train is now approaching Grand Central Station, which is his stop.

"Next station: Grand Central. Transfer station with the (A) Express, (B) Express, C, D, (E) Express, F, J, Q, Z. Please mind the gap."

He walked out of the train car, and then used the escalator to get to the lobby. He tapped his wallet against the Tuna Card reader, which is a sort of contactless card system that has seen widespread use in Nacrad in not only transportation, but in restaurants and many stores. The reader emitted a beep, which meant that the transaction is successful. The ride costed him a mere N$1 to take him 2 km away.

He entered a bar called Pine Tree Bar, where he often patrionises.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Return to International Incidents