NATION

PASSWORD

Greater Díenstad News Feed

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:02 am

Fourth Round of Negotiations Yields Significant Progress

Crifoso, Tupenga- After six months of at-times stalled negotiations, the Provisional Government for a United Tupenga has announced a framework for a permanent government. this comes on the heels of rising tension in the south after previous negotiations stalled and slowed the rebuilding of the broken nation. The framework calls for a democratically elected government to meet in the newly christened People's Parliament Building, where the elected officials will select the nation's first prime minister and formulate the nation's first constitution. While the details of that document will be decided in full at a later date, it is believed to have taken considerable influences from several foreign documents. The date for the election has been set for June 14 nationwide, with any possible runoffs being conducted on June 28th, and any supplementary elections on July 5th. The new government is expected to take its seat on July 12th, and the new Prime Minister is supposed to be selected no later than July 19th.

While this plan on paper seems feasible, it faces several mighty and mounting issues. The years of insurgency and genocide visited on the people of the Kalkala-Sumbe have left much of the region on the edge of collapse and underdeveloped. MAFT and other northern rebel groups have consistently called for elections to be held only when the region has recovered to an appreciable degree, and they blame southern-based political organizations for pushing the elections to give the better-equipped south an edge at the polls. While they deny this, the Tupengan People's Party and Radical Revolutionary Front of Tupenga have both declined to send aid north to MAFT-led areas citing security concerns. This, coupled with several strikes and shutdowns in the south, has crippled the already wounded nation's ability to help its devastated northern half recover.

For their part, various communist parties have accused northern political parties of being inflexible in demands, and of kowtowing to foreign interests. They point to several attempts to broker settlements on core issues being rebuffed as well as an increasing reliance on occupying Marshite forces to resolve disputes. This has led to accusations that the north is preparing to hand the country over or otherwise make it subservient. MAFT and others decline this, but in turn have multiple times since the start of Marshite occupation petitioned for an increase in the length of their occupation to provide security, which has been approved every time.

That is, until recently. Mistress-Commander of the Tupengan Crusade Selaria Unchaka has stated that she has set a date of August 1st for the start of the withdrawal of all Marshite forces from Tupenga barring agreements with a permanent government. This pleased many in the south, but Marshite forces have also allocated several billion standard NS dollars to aid directly in the north among the billions being spent otherwise.

The TRC has accepted this and is working on providing 'free, fair, and transparent elections'. The Executive Committee of the Provisional Government and its nine officers have worked to establish a few departments that over the months have started to function, in one degree or another. Basic services across much of the south, while spotty, are considered under control while the north has seen some progress despite massive infrastructure and political issues. The Armed Forces of Free Tupenga (AFFT) have already seen multiple leadership changes and exist more on paper than in practice, but with Nadira Zakia helmed to take over as the first non-military head of the department, there is considerable hope that various facets of government will at least have some structure present when the new government takes over.

Of course, this assumes that the new government will be able to take its seat without any great difficulty. Kabula Bombo has refused to accept the legality of the Executive Committee's Reconciliation of the People- a slow-moving yet public hearing where former colonial overlords speak as to their actions so the horror of the time period is well-documented- and other measures he sees as not being appropriately punishing. He has called southern machinations a threat to a Free Tupenga and has made a number of demands that are considered untenable: MAFT control over elections in the north and vetting and approval of all candidates to ensure they are free of colonial mindsets, which has often been used in his department as a means of keeping non-creoloso outside of the reins of power.

Meanwhile, The Creoloso People's Party and Radical Revolutionary Front of Tupenga have not ceased their calls for nationwide strikes and have supported those who have in recent times rather violently seized the means of production. It is considered unlikely that they would be willing to bow out of the limelight if an election were to go against them. While it has not been a platform for the other communist parties, the consistent breakdowns in the cities relating to strikes and agitations have come without comment from others.

With the regional and political differences presenting extreme difficulties, the chances of the elections going off without a hitch seem small.

Xofrautan
Secretary

Founded: Jul 13, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xofrautan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:29 pm

The Xofrautan Express

-Proper Xofrautanese News From The Government-

Sunday, March 12, 2023

Xofrautanese Parliament Convene in Emergency Session Over Economy and Famine Situation

A Starving Gang of Orphans, Forced Into a Life of Crime Because of Food Shortages

The famine situation is worse than previously thought. The Ministry of Agriculture previously predicted that crop failures late last year would have led to severe food shortages, but the severity of the famine was made ambiguous until now. Thousands are already dead from starvation and hundreds of thousands more are starving. It is predicted to be the worst famine in Xofrautanese History, if not in Greater Dienstad. Or is it?

President of the Republic Om Mandalik has stated that anything reported outside of state media is nothing more than an exaggeration. “We are doing fine,” President Om said in a press conference. “This is all a ruse just to make my government look bad. If anything, it is the fault of our neighbors and our ex-overlord. Phibeta, Cartoonia, Mokastana, The Ice States, The Golden Throne, Tangatarehua, Abetton, all of those nations have been importing our foods, and though we have made a good profit from our deals, it furthers the point that we do not want foreigners meddling in our country’s food supplies”. The president has been made aware that there are more pressing matters at hand, including how to increase the wealth of the nation.

It is for the latter reason that President Om called an emergency session of the Xofrautanese parliament to settle the matter of the economy, and if time permits, deal with the famine. ​​The Xofrautan People’s Party majority government have already made plans to propose new industrial projects and to promote the vast land Xofrautan has for foreign investors, which raises questions about the whole hypocrisy of anti-foreign sentiment.

“We can use this to our advantage,” says Ms. Nehal Gurnani, the prime minister. “We can charge the foreign investors heavy prices to open up their factories here, and then we can use that money to invest more in our government, it is a win-win situation!”.

The famine seems to be forgotten by the parliament and the government, meanwhile, the Ministry of Agriculture has warned that the food shortage and famine situation will only worsen and citizens should prepare to be issued rations cards and rising food prices, but with several of the poorest citizens, especially the youngest populations, do not have an address, leaving many without food security. It is an issue that may not be solved by parliament anytime soon. We pray to our gods that the famine situation lightens up and we will be back to normal levels of food security.

Megaduta Chakarvarti, Editor of The Xofrautan Express
Last edited by Xofrautan on Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elvwitand
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 05, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Elvwitand » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:47 pm

Imperial Sentinel
-Since 12 of the Era of Indo-

Euphyllia 14 / Coriani 12 / Novus Lunas

Great Storm Dragon Awakens

Painting Source: Lady Azurias Matron Saint of Shipping protecting against Siezailth
Imperial Registry Mark 1 Carleon, All Rights are Reserved

by: Yoonir Inu

Rising from the depths of Kathre Lake, it's time as predicted the Great Storm Dragon Siezailth has awoken from his slumber and is soon to begin his trek around the Continent where he's expected to move north, then west-to-south-west, circling eastward, sharp turning in a northwestern direction and continuing a western trek. Most of the realms are expected to feel the impact as he moves in his erratic pattern and all villages, cities and hamlets should prepare for the utmost caution to protect against the adverse weather conditions the dragon forms. High winds, heavy rains, snow in the highest mountains and flooding along rivers and creeks is expected, along with ample lightning. Those at sea should anchor down in harbor and refrain from travel for the time being. Inmates and workers at Kathre Castle will shelter in place when the dragon rises. The Imperial Treasury is preparing an extra gold deposit for areas heaviest hit and realms that will need most. This will likely put a damper on the Empress Bronze Jubilee, forcing the need to delay.

Siezalith slumbers at the bottom of the deep lake and has shown signs of wakening soon, evidenced by recent lake activity, including bubbling at the surface, steam plumes (sometimes mistaken for fog) around the forest and reverse lightning as electricity sometimes shoots up from the lake. The lake surface has also began rising from it's average seasonal temperature 274 Kelvin (35 Fahrenheit, 2 Centigrade) to 302 (85/29). Across the Empire the dragon's weather effects will be felt long and far, the Empress has been meeting with her Council of Ministers to rapidly address the needs of all realms once the dragon moves out to sea in the coming weeks ahead. Priestess Elphy Mavaen, a Temple Matron for the the village of Shylfahil in Amethyst says she's nervous but ready to heed the call. "When the Dragons arise, it's up to everybody to be ready of service. Last time Siezalith roamed the land, much of Shylfahil was devastated but our temple was at the ready then and we're ready now."

While many will hunker down, others will be ready to see the dragon rise. Dragonite patriarch Tonnir, his wife Mazi, their two daughters Urri and Harvii are traveling to Kathre lake with hopes of catching sight as it emerges from the deep waters. "It's exciting!" Tonnir said, "Last time I saw him [Siezalith] rise I was but a hatchling, now I'm grown with a wonderful family of my own to experience the great power of our kind!" Mazi agrees, "It's been on my bucket list to see all the great element dragons! I've seen Xamron many times of course since he rests in Fa but since coming to Amethyst with my husband, now is my chance to see the great Siezalith at work! We know it'll be tough going for those who have to endure the elements he unleashes but remember dark clouds always pass and the sun comes again." Similarly, the Cult of Astra, a group of mages dedicated to worshiping Siezalith as a full god, are expected to gather at the lakeside in the next few days.

Continue reading The Sentinel for updates right here.

Phibeta to Welcome Ambassador

Rt. Hon. Yi-Hyun Sobong, and just out of frame her husband, Kwang-Su
Imperial Commons 175 Ashla, Partial Rights are Reserved

by: Ealirel Fazeiros

WESTON - Since the shifting of Elviwtand's dimensional axis to arrive in a nega space of Greater Dienstad, the Glorious Kingdom of Phibeta has been one nation eager to reach out to the Empire to establish relations and the feeling has been mutual. With the arrival of Phibeta's own special envoy Nobukazu Dragonus in Beatlynn (February), Her Imperial Majesty has likewise also been eager to establish further relations between our two nations with the opening of a new Embassy within the Kingdom's capital city of Weston now opening as of Coriani 13 (March 13) of this Era. For this new assignment, Her Majesty selected Yi-Hyun Sobong for the role to become Elviwtand's Ambassador to the country. Lady Sobong was selected from a list of a dozen possible candidates based on a personal recommendation from Lady An-Riri of Raidon Showgan, and three centuries of work as a special liaison and confident of the highest families of the Empire. From the early annexation and incorporation periods to the present inter realm commerce, Lady Sobong has had plenty of experience working in Government that she was given the highest level of confidence for the work. With short notice, the Good Lady packed her family and belongings and set sail for Phibeta at the start her new mission. The trip began to the tune of Magnum Canticum Imperialis as the family boarded the HMS Topaze, the ship that brought the Phibetan envoy to Elwitand, now set to carry the new ambassador, family and staff along for the trip.

In a darling scene, the youngest daughter kept holding up the march aboard to ask her dear mother and father about everything in regards to the ship, people and anything else around her. The endless curiosity of a child while needing to be nurtured still had to be reigned in by her parents to keep them moving and get aboard. Before long the gangway was lifted and the ships sails unfurled and off the Topaze began her long journey to Phibeta, over rolling waves and difficult swells she made it safe and sound in time for the Embassy's opening. Lady Sobong has said she's very excited about this new chapter in her life and position for the Empire. "I'm looking forward to brokering our new grand relations between our great rulers and our nations. It will be a wonderful time for all of us."

For the Good Lady's Husband and their live in assistant and children, all are equally excited about starting their new time in Phibeta's capital. The oldest sons, twins Hyun and Seon both eight years old, said the first thing they're eager is to explore the city. "Gonna be so cool, just so many new places to go and do and see!" The youngest Ji-Na says she's looking forward to it as well but not sure what she's excited about yet, giving me a shrug. Miss Yong-Gok realizes she'll have her hands full keeping after the young ones. "I oversee their education, health and everything else while their parents work, it's a lot of responsibility, especially in a new land. I expect we'll all be learning a lot while here for as long as we're here."

Hunlia Azra Holds Title in National Champs

Hunlia Azra of Erythrite IMPRM 2 Euphylias, All Rights Reserved

by: Hilbert Hildabear

AMETHYST - The last match of the tournament season has come to a conclusion as in the final match of Hunlia Azra of Erythrite versus Attala Yana of Kephy, in a truly nail blighting match for the ages. Battle hardened Hunlia has been champ of the Arena since Year Five of the Era of Euphyllia and a decade later has just managed to hold onto the title. The match which began at 3:30 in the afternoon finally wrapped up at 6:45, two hours and fifteen minutes to roaring crowds who cheered, jeered and everything else. According to the Box Office of the Amethyst Arena, wagers were as high as a 1500 Gold for both contenders to win with odds favoring Hunlia in a strikingly narrow 1-1 odds ratio, the narrowest since her reign as champ and since defeating former Arena Champ, Selphie Belon and against a rising star of the current battle season, Attala Yana.

Hunlia, descendant of Duchess ARIKA-RASHA of the Duchy of Algonda, in the realm of Erythrite emerged onto the scene 13 years ago, having first rose quickly through the tournaments as a freelance fighter, commissioning her own fee she earned from low level guild missions making it through the preliminary rounds with little effort, even taking down big bad Zollo de Dargon, the beastly orc person who could tear his opponents in half without blinking an eye! Needless to say, the Medic Witches had double duty when he was pushing his way up the charts. While her first year in the arena only saw Hunlia make it to the semi-finals, her fighting spirit won her several fans, earning her a sponsor from the Hunters Guild which funded her return to the arena a year later which saw her become Champ.

"It feels terrific!" The Champ Hunlia said, "Again I remain on top. My girls are proud of me, my old tribe back home is proud of me, being the champ is being on top of the world." Per tradition at the match conclusion, Hunlia was given the garland and this years arena medal by the Empress, her next consecutive win and one more on the mantel. in the coming off season, she plans to set sail with her daughters to Usmal for a special Guild Quest. "We'll pack our unicorns board the Katoomba and set sail to Usmal to take part in the harvest protection. They have a swarm of Raphees that are threatening Koca crops there. Part of a Guild Woman's duty is to serve in protection of the community."

This year plenty of hot shot new contenders from across the Empire were hoping to finally dethrone the Arena Champ, and of all contenders Attala Yana defied the early favorite odds to quickly rise up and become the finalist to face off. Attala hails from a prominent Guild Merchant family in Kephy. While her family has mostly focused on the commerce side of things, Attala found her self drawn to the blade since a child, engaging in quests since she could remember.

Attala Yana of Kephy
IMPRM 7 Euphylias, All Rights Reserved

"I was perhaps reckless," Attala said, "Since I could barely walk, talk and hold a sword I'd head out into the forests of Kephy to hunt high level monsters. Some times I got into a lot of trouble. As I continued to get older, I'd take my younger siblings along too and we as a party would take out some really high level monsters." With that aptitude one would think her calling would be in the guild for longer but it seems the arena was her calling. "A lot of friends back home said I should compete, and it certainly did have an allure to fight the arena matches but I wasn't sure how far I'd get. But before I knew it, I flew through regional and made the national tournament and before much longer I made it all the way to fighting the champ herself." This did take a few years for the record. "It was a lot of work but worth it. For now, I plan to return to Kephy to help my family with Guild needs and maybe in a year or two I'll come back to fight, but for now, I've had fun."

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:50 am

TANGATAREHUA CELEBRATES TE WHAKANUI I A REHUA (THE FESTIVAL OF REHUA)

21st March 2023
ImageImageImageImage

TAMAKI
Pubs, streets and bars across Tangatarehua are packed this week as revellers turn out in droves to celebrate the week long Te Whakanui i a Rehua festival - one of the nation's four traditional religious festivals.

The constellation Te Waka o Maererangi (Scorpio), which contains the star of Rehua. Its appearance heralds the coming of winter.

This year's festival began on March 20th, with a week long public holiday lasting until March 27th to celebrate the autumnal equinox in the southern hemisphere and the appearance in the sky of the star of Rehua, for whom the nation is named and the constellation Te Waka o Maererangi.

The star Rehua, which in ancient times was believed to literally be the star god Rehua himself watching over his nation, can be seen in southern hemisphere skies between approximately March and September, with his arrival usually heralding the coming of winter.

Western astronomers know the star as Antares while Te Waka o Maererangi is known in the west as "Scorpio" - with the constellation frequently featured in traditional Rehuan iconography as one of the two most sacred constellations to the country (the other being Tautoru/Orion, which appears in spring and summer and contains the star Puanga, the daughter of Rehua).

Traditionally the Festival of Rehua is themed around aroha (love) and friendship - people usually spend the festival drinking alcohol or smoking cannabis with friends and loved ones and celebrating the end of summer/beginning of autumn.

It is also a time of romance, when gifts and letters are exchanged with lovers or declarations of romantic love made. According to tradition, this is said to be the perfect time of year for to find love as it ensures that you won't be alone when the winter comes.

"To a western observer, the custom of Te Whakanui a i Rehua could be seen to be similar to a cross between Saint Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day, but it lasts for an entire week," explains Rangi Wiremu, the Chairman of the Imperial Tourism Corporation, who are seeking to use this time of year an an opportunity to promote Tangatarehua to foreign tourists. "As coincidence would have it, St Patricks Day occurs on the 17th of March - only a few days prior to our own similar holiday."

The festival is the busiest time of year for pubs and bars, who this year are welcoming the return of large crowds following the end of Covid restrictions last year.

This year unfortunately saw a planned fireworks display in Tamaki cancelled by heavy rain and thunderstorms, with similar weather causing problems in Rakipa too - although the rain seems to have done little to dampen the spirit of revellers who have nevertheless taken to the streets of the Tamaki Central Business District.

Other cities look to have better weather this week, with fine and pleasant conditions forecast for Whakaara and Wharekorana.

Winter in Tangatarehua is usually considerably drier than summer, with clear skies at night. According to legend, Rehua is visible at that time of year through the clear skies as a reminder that he is always watching over his nation, even during the coldest and most difficult months of the year.

© 2023 Tangatarehua Ao All Rights Reserved.
Tangatarehua Ao is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About Tangatarehua Ao | Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us | Te Reo Maori version
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:53 pm

Opinion: Naval Concerns In The South
Considerations for Libete Bay

Opinion by Admiral Dale Abraham, Eitoan Navy, Retired. Professor Emeritus of Military Science, University of Kelso

Recent developments in the former Istoloan colonies adjacent to Libete Bay in the east raise a number of concerns regarding Eitoan security in southern waters. The invitation of Tupengan naval officials to observe the upcoming Knights Gambit exercises indicates a willingness of Admiral Reid to extend cooperation in those waters, not unexpected given the proximity to Northwest Mutual Assistance Agreement ally Relica, and the presence of major power fleets in Fustera, Tupenga and Samarasta. The invitation could only have been extended with the approval of the Department of Foreign Affairts, so there is some basis to surmise interest in the region on the part of the administration. Although Eitoan has always been wary of Libete Bay, the expansion of the NMAA to Agar-Na leaves a gap in the operational areas of the navy. While maintaining a fleet level presence in the Jesheoda Channel and the Great Inland Sea, operations in the bay are maintained at the patrol level, usually tasked from the Jesheoda Channel fleet. Although Eitoan maintains cordial relations with Aman and Potthan remains close to Tbe Golden Throne, we don’t maintain dedicated fleet capacity linking the Inland Sea and the Channel. While all at the Naval Operations Center agree this arrangement is adequate for the near future, instability in the three former colonies and great power involvement there bring into question if additional resources should be dedicated in Libete Bay and surrounding waters. As mentioned, relations with Aman are cordial. The recent Sense of the Ghastak endorsement of the Aman-Holy Marsh-Samarasta pact of naval cooperation speaks to public opinion on relations with tha Amanite Diarchy. However, there is no military or naval linkage or committement with Aman at this time. Although Eitoan was relieved when The Golden Throne replaced Ralkovia in Potthan, most Eitoans view the Potthani emperor with suspicion, and are wary of it’s hasty disavowal of slavery in the wake of Golden Throne initiatives and the downfall of Imperial Ralkovia. The outer anchor points of the Bay, Maki and Rijkland remain staunchly neutral at this time, unanchored to any of the great powers, but their relative financial and military strength compared to The Golden Throne, The Matriarchy and The Ordenite Reich leads one to question how long that neutrality can hold out as jockeying among the three continues in the region. Finally, can the NMAA continental powers count on conditions in the former colonies? Civil war has wracked Tupenga and is ramping up in Fustera, although Samarasta seems the best bet for stability under Golden Throne guidance. Stories of atrocities by the Reich in Fustera have captured the attention of key legislators, and emigre Fusteran groups in Berwyn and Vladarsik, both Creoloso and Colonial appear to be coalescing, giving strength to their lobbying efforts. The question in Fustera for naval analysts is how far will the Reich naval buildup go?

What would be the best approach for Eitoan naval planning in Libete Bay. Naval expansion has been carefully budgeted, and purchase of vessels from Palmyiron and The Timocratic Republic are underway, along with better integration with our allies. Rapid expansion of operations into the bay appears unlikely. The outward facing fleets, Northern Vanguat and Jesheoda Channel will get the lions share of planned growth, as appropriate. There could be some budget reallocated from the Inland Sea since there is no immediate threat to sea lanes linking Agar-Na westward to ports leading to Federal Ralkovia, and Eitoan air dominance in that theater guarantees freight transport and logistics on land, sea and air. Some ties with states in the south offer possibilities. The agreement between Aman and Holy Marsh provides some breathing room. However, given Eitoan’s traditional reluctance to become involved in Libete Bay it does not appear likely that we would join such an arrangement any time soon. Amanite suspicion of Golden Throne ambitions would need to be overcome to attain this. Aman has always been viewed favorably here, and is seen as a trustworthy trade partner. However, many cultural differences remain, and Eitoan policy has always been oriented inland on the continent, and outward toward the Northern Vanguat Sea. Further south there is hope that the three Tarao states, Ladero, Sorofi and Irat can reconstitute WEDTAG, a local common market. It’s intitial incarnation touched off a violent reaction from the revancheist Istoloan dictatorship, plunging those three states into war. Eitoan sympathies are strongly with the Laderoans, and we have participated in rebuilding their Air Force. But the Tarao states are too remote to add any security in this case. Here too, Aman and Holy Marsh appear to sponsor a new incarnation of WEDTAG, which is welcome here. But this is an economic arrangement, not a military alliance. The continental neutrals, Tupioca and Otocarian offer scant opportunities for expansion of power in the region. Otocarian’s military is negligible, and in any event adjacent Aman is the big dog in it’s offshore waters. During the early days of the disturbances in the south there was considerable coordination with Tupioca. Planners reportedly sketched out plans for a joint strike force as conditions in Fustera deteriorated, where both Eitoan and Tupioca could deploy land, sea and air forces to protect our interests during the early days of instability there, and there are bilateral treaties between us and Tupioca covering mutal defense and trade. Finally, although conditions are still uncertain, naval planners should consider leasing facilities in the south for naval intelligence, and vessel provisioning and repair. There are several considerations for it’s siting. Since our objective would be to extend patrolling capability in the Bay to cover the gap between the Inland Sea and the Jesheoda Channel, the location must be close enough to extend the range of operations to that sector in particular. This would rule out the three Tarao states. Neutrality considerations would indicate presence of an Eitoan base in Maki or Vjarland would be unlikely. Our best candidate would be a base in Tupenga.

The civil war in Tupenga has wreaked havoc on their economy. The provisional government is shaky. These conditions work as a double edged sword in negotiating any presence. While all factions have their particular differences, none appear to be hostile to Eitoan, as such. Holy Marsh backing for some factions may be a sensitive issue. Eitoan is friendly with The Matriarchy, but there is no formal alliance. We would not be requesting a strong military presence in Tupenga at this time. These would be points we could raise with the authorities in Crisofo, whomever they may be at the time. Port facilities in Tupenga have suffered neglect during the fighting there. Unemployment remains high throughout that nation. A case could be made for upgrade of commercial port and logistic facilities as part of any deal, features thatcommunications infrastructure for both maritime and intelligence functions, which would be another economic benefit. The cost for enhanced intelligence operations would be minimal. Such operations, while vital, don’t typically require a large capital investment. With respect to refueling, provisioning and repair facilities, the navy would have to build from ground zero, essentially. Docking facilities are small by Eitoan standards, and at present don’t appear to offer anything beyond the corvette or small destroyer level. Most skilled trades would need to be sourced from Eitoan contractors, given Tupengan educational and skill levels, even in the biggest cities. The influx of materials needed to establish ship repair facilities and machine shops could also require an upgrade in civilian port and airport facilities, and purchase of local freight haulage services. Provisioning will also require local purchases, along with Eitoan naval food inspection. Food inspection by the navy could be offered to Tupengan customers on a contract basis, whether local food processors remain in private hands or are seized by the government there. Early in the negotiations for facilities the Department of Foreign Affairs would need to come to agreements with friendly major powers sponsoring Tupenga and Samarasta, Holy Marsh and The Golden Throne respectively regarding the range of operations and purpose of Eitoan intelligence and naval forces there. This should be relatively smooth with The Golden Throne, and obeserver in the Northwest Mutual Assistance Agreement. Holy Marsh, as sponsor of Tupenga may have it’s own considerations. There may need to be an agreement on possible use of our base or bases in the event of hostilities involving Holy Marsh in adjacent waters. This should be doable, with careful wording to make clear that this would be a courtesy, not an act of hostility in the event of such an outbreak. As part of such an agreement we would should specify arrangements for settling of commercial claims between the navy and Tupengan enterprises, be they private or governmental. And coordination with the local harbormaster and with Holy Marsh naval authorities in country would have to be established early on.

Overall, although not high priority, Defense Secretary Maska and Naval Operations Chief Reid should consider the possibilities of expanding our capabilities southward, with Tupenga appearing to be a possible location.

Admiral Abraham retired two years ago after serving five years as Commander of Surface Operations. The opinion expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Eitoan One
Last edited by Eitoan on Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:37 am

Rumors of Foreign Base Stir Debate

Crifoso, Tupenga- Tupengan officials have responded to the recent news post from Eitoan, expressing mixed opinions on the possibility of an Eitoan military facility in the country. While some members of the government see the potential benefits of upgrading commercial port and logistic facilities, others are concerned about the possible implications of foreign military presence on Tupengan soil.
"There are significant economic benefits that could come from partnering with Eitoan to improve our infrastructure as well as strengthening what we believe could be a valuable partnership," said Kapi Nuguyen, a popular local CPP politician while handing out water to internal refugees at a camp near the capital. "But we need to carefully consider the implications of allowing foreign military forces into our country. The Marshites are leaving soon- do we already want to have more foreign boots treading on our soil, friendly or not?"

The issue has become a hot topic in the upcoming elections, with candidates taking different positions on the matter. Some believe that a partnership with Eitoan could provide much-needed support for the struggling economy, while others argue that foreign interference could lead to political instability and compromise the country's sovereignty. "Any foreign military presence in Tupenga is unacceptable," said Hani Alguza, RRFT spokesman. "We need to focus on building up our own capabilities and strengthening our national defense, not relying on outside powers. It is already too much!"

Despite the differing opinions, officials have emphasized the importance of carefully considering all options before making any decisions.
"We must balance the potential benefits of a partnership with Eitoan with the need to protect our sovereignty and maintain stability," said MAFT Representative and one of the Nine Council, Nadira Zakia. "This is a complex issue that requires careful consideration and consultation with all parties involved. They are a nation of honor, but it is a delicate time for us."

The government has not yet made a decision on whether to pursue a partnership with Eitoan for the upgrading of port facilities and logistics infrastructure. However, officials have expressed a willingness to engage in further discussions with Eitoan authorities to explore the potential benefits and implications of such a partnership."

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Holy Marsh » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:22 pm

El'kon Council Debates Decentralization of Some Powers

Mar'si, Holy Marsh- In a surprising move, the El'kons Council in the Theocratic Matriarchy is considering decentralizing certain elements of the government. The proposal to decentralize has garnered slightly more support than those who want no changes and those who want even further centralization, with both camps closely trailing behind. This suggests that there is a significant level of disagreement among the members of the El'kons Council about the future direction of the government.

Arsi'Elkon Luboski has already commented on the proposal, stating that she will take the vote into serious consideration. Her position on the matter is particularly noteworthy given the Arsi'Elkon's traditional support for centralization. It remains to be seen whether she will ultimately support the proposal to decentralize certain elements of the government, and any resolution or attempt to pass into law something of note requires her approval.

One of the key proponents of the proposal is the Speaker for the Council, Speaker Claw Caynes. As a vocal advocate for decentralization, Caynes has argued that a more decentralized government would be more effective in responding to the needs of the people and would promote greater accountability and transparency. With tens of billions of Marshites in the Romani-Mar'si Union needing to be served effectively, the strain has led to accusations of government inefficiency affecting many. Leaked details of a GDS medicine shortage during the Central Dienstad Flu Pandemic a few years back and increasing visibility of the Undercity have led some to question whether the government can truly deliver the same service as before.

While the exact details of the proposed decentralization plan are not yet clear, sources close to the El'kons Council have indicated that several sectors of the government may be targeted for decentralization. These include the justice system, public services, and local government administration. As it stands, the Karda controls all aspects of these elements of society, with the Sardas operating under their purview. While this system has sufficed for eons, there is a belief among many that a delegation of powers to Sardas and local offices would ease the Karda's burdens and help deliver more effective service to the Faithful. Proponents of the plan argue that decentralizing these sectors would help to bring decision-making closer to the people and promote greater efficiency and responsiveness in the delivery of public services.

Others believe it a matter of religious principle. The centralization of power in the Karda under the Arsi'Elkon was never intended to last forever, they argue. It was a necessary step during the Long War, but the Marshite people no longer need an overweening eye over their local affairs to anywhere approaching the same degree. This comes in many flavors, with the most conservative simply wanting local Sarda offices to execute their full written power all the way up the scale of radical agendas to support for the Sarda State plan- proposed in LW 1601 by Arsi'Elkon Shtarla, which would see the nation divided into a number of states as determined by the Sardas.

Opponents of the plan, on the other hand, argue that it could lead to a breakdown in the unity of the Theocratic Matriarchy and potentially even the fragmentation of the Marshite people. They also worry that it could undermine the authority of the Karda in religious matters and in time to honest religious schisms as existed before the Kardic Kassailian Concords of 1054 BLW. Meanwhile, support for further centralization comes from a belief in the divine right of the Arch-Bishpl to lead Marshites, and an understanding that only such a leader can effectively utilize the Marshite people in the most effective and holy way. To them, the issue is not that power is too centralized, but rather too much freedom has been offered to Sardas and local officials in how affairs are conducted as they exist now.

There are also some radical voices and ideas on the fringes of both sides of the debate. Whether it is the Sarda State as proposed by some, with agitators from the Farsight Group playing the biggest role in that area, to the proposals that the Arsi'Elkon be a title borne by family line and the dissolution of the Council, there is considerably many ideas being floated about. There are also concerns among some members of the government that foreign powers or actors may be attempting to influence the outcome of the vote.

These concerns stem from the fact that the Theocracy has long been viewed as a strategic roadblock and enemy by many powers due to its military and religious positions across the region. Some fear that these powers may be seeking to undermine the government by backing one side or the other in the decentralization debate, hoping to cause internal division at a critical time.

However, there is currently no concrete evidence to support these fears, and both proponents and opponents of decentralization have been quick to dismiss them as baseless speculation. Nonetheless, the Inquisition is reported to be doing deeper arcanic dives into the minds and souls of elected officials and other security measures have been taken in abundance. Overall, while the possibility of foreign interference cannot be ruled out entirely, it appears that the El'kons Council is focused primarily on the internal debate over the future of the Theocratic Matriarchy and is determined to make its decision based on the best interests of the people it serves.

The outcome of the vote will have significant implications for the future of the Theocratic Matriarchy. If the proposal to decentralize passes, it could pave the way for further reform. However, if it fails, the status quo is likely to remain unchanged.

Thought for the Day: Faith Delivers Sustenance Greater Than Mortality Can Offer.

Aid for Foreign Reader:
El'Kon: Bishop
Arsi'Elkon: Arch-Bishop
Karda: Church
Sarda: Shrine
Last edited by Holy Marsh on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gortenia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 03, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Gortenia » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:51 pm

BREAKING NEWS Gortenia has finally settled in to the great land of GD! after various discussion's and help from various nations, the country is on a course to become a major part in GD. In other news, there has been a new prudist legislation going into practice, but this mostly applies only to motor bike riders who are required to wear special protective gear. The government though, is busy with the high ranker's in GD, and have finally established peace. Though many Gortenians are suspicions of some region's in GD, and consider them, "unprofessional". The more tyrannical rulers of the nation, are busy both giving more political freedom, but stamping out civil rights; in an effort to make the people have more choices when it comes to running' the country but not TOO free.
Last edited by Gortenia on Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonitolia
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Anonitolia » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 am

N/A
Last edited by Anonitolia on Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gortenia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Gortenia » Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:38 pm

BREAKING NEWS It is A beautiful day today, for easter has come. the many citizens of Gortenia will have a free holiday, though most will come too the church.
The Gortenian government is taking a holiday, and the populace will patrician in various games, and traditions.

The government, per tradition, are all taking a day off. but some things may never rest like christ! This holiday of new birth will bring many a Gortenian together.

This though does NOT end the unrest in the country, the people want change from tyranny, and new beginnings of black market dealing's of protest, this may be a bloody easter....
Last edited by Gortenia on Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gortenia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Gortenia » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:35 pm

Another batch of challenges have now reached the Grotenian Government, who though have turned from the tyrannist ways, are now more autorotation then ever, and planning to make stronger connections with a specific country in GD. "Its thin ice we're on", says Gortenian government official

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:08 pm

Pictured: Federal Gendarmerie officers with the Preslaff Capitol Protection Unit walk down the Avenue de la Victoire. (Associated Media photo)

RIOTS PARALYZE CAPITAL AS PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS BEGIN
Protests over perceived government corruption grew into riots as President Hershey announced measures to "safeguard" ballot locations from fraud

PRESLAFF — As weeklong voting for the Presidency as well as Class II Senate seats are underway, riots have rocked the capital in Preslaff as President Harvey Hershey signed an executive order authorizing federal law enforcement from a number of Justice Secretariat agencies to provide security and monitor ballot boxes as well as voting locations to "ensure the integrity of the constitutional process," according to the text of the order.

Protests that had started peacefully early Tuesday morning had turned violent, with clashes erupting between protesters and police officers. The air was thick with tear gas, and the sound of sirens filled the streets. At first, the police had tried to maintain order, but as the crowds grew larger and more agitated, they have now used force to disperse the protesters. This has only fueled the anger of the protesters, who have been reported throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails at the police, as well as setting fire to several buildings in the process.

By Thursday, essential city services such as trash collection and public transit have been suspended as thousands of protesters continue to occupy the central business district of Preslaff and the Capitol Complex area. The Federal Gendarmerie on Wednesday was reinforced with a contingent from the Army in order to secure public buildings and institutions from rioters.

The decision by President Hershey has been widely decried by a number of lawmakers in the Federal Senate as well as the general public, with millions across the Castillian Federation protesting the order. Marlène Backès, President of the Federal Senate, leader of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, and who is in a close heat to both Hershey and GDRC Ambassador Chet Litheau in polls, stated she would be looking into beginning impeachment proceedings before the Senate against Hershey for obstruction of the electoral process.

Hershey, who assumed the Presidency after his predecessor John Faring's assassination in Beziers last fall, has taken significant measures to ensure electoral success by his Labour Party embracing reforms to voting rights, verbal attacks on the Federal Elections Authority, which oversees all national elections in Castillia, and now utilizing officers from the Justice Secretariat, still led by Michael Faring, brother of the late President John Faring, to monitor voting processes.

In a country where democracy is young and a relatively new experiment in governance, democratic backsliding represents a serious concern not only to the nation, but to regional stability in eastern Greater Dienstad. Analysts also fear that the rioting will have a significant impact on the ability for voters to reach voting locations, especially with city services being suspended due to the rioting. The economic toll is also expected to be heavy as Preslaff's fire brigades regularly battle building fires due to the rioting.

The Federal Elections Authority, an independent agency with nine commissioners appointed by the President and confirmed by the Federal Senate to serve three-year staggered terms, has convened at its headquarters in the Belle Vue district of Preslaff in order to discuss the current crisis and the threat it poses towards the electoral process. Backès has asked to meet with the commission to discuss paths forward towards protecting the democratic process, but the commission has yet to respond to her office, according to Backès.

Despite the conflicting views, Hershey, Backès, and Litheau have all called for calm in the nation's capital. Despite their urging for rioters to cease their actions, there does not appear to be any sign of them stopping as they continue to erect barricades on important thoroughfares, surround ballot locations, and battle with Federal forces in the city.

© CBC World Service
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:46 am

BREAKING NEWS:
TWO DEAD, TWENTY ARRESTED IN COUP D'ETAT ATTEMPT

15th April 2023
ImageImageImageImage

BREAKING NEWS
Two people have been killed after members of a far right militia group attempted to storm the headquarters of the Tangatarehua Self-Defence Force in an apparent coup d'etat attempt.

Flames can be seen coming from the TSDF headquarters in Kotahiteitei, Tamaki following a failed coup attempt.

Members of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau, a far right neo-fascist militia infiltrated the TSDF barracks in the Kotahiteitei district of Tamaki this morning, where the commanding officer was taken hostage and reportedly killed.

Twenty members of the underground group, which was founded by popular author Piripi Kei Tiki, were arrested by the Rōpū Tiaki Motuhake [Police Special Tactical Unit] , while Kei Tiki himself died at the scene after choosing to commit the ritual suicide act of Kawa Whakamomori.

The group, who publicly describe themselves as an 'anti-communist, pro-monarchist' paramilitary 'dedicated to the protection of the Empress and traditional Rehuan values' was originally founded as a club for right-wing university students to counter-balance the alleged dominance of 'leftist' groups on campus but over the last few years reportedly grew into an underground militia, with several members joining the TSDF as part of a plot to infiltrate the upper echelons of the military.

Today's events raises concerns about the effectiveness of Tangatarehua's intelligence community, with the Office of Unconstitutional Activities releasing a statement that they were 'completely unaware of the existence of this group or any national security threat posed by it.'

Reports suggest that the group originally sought to infiltrate the Imperial Guards (an elite military branch commanded directly by Her Sacred Majesty the Empress) but that the group's members consistently failed the physical and mental aptitude tests required to join.

WHAT WERE THE GROUP'S AIMS?

At 7am local time, prominent author and public intellectual Piripi Kei Tiki posted a 'manifesto' on his website, as well as on various social media platforms, explaining who Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau were and what they planned to achieve.

In his 75 page treatise, the full contents of which cannot legally be produced here, Kei Tiki decried the 'wanton materialism and loss of spirituality' of modern Tangatarehua and called for a 'radical de-westernisation' of the nation and its political system.

The manifesto demanded the immediate cancellation of the 'western-imposed' 1979 constitution and called for Tangatarehua to immediately re-militarise including a demand that Tangatarehua should develop nuclear weapons.

Kei Tiki also called for the resignation of the Rangatira and suggested that he himself should be installed as Rangatira, citing his noble ancestry as well as historical precedents in which previous Rangatiras have been replaced by the Empress for undermining traditional values. Specifically he compared himself with Te Rata Whakahoki, who in 1891 replaced Te Ahunga Whananga as Rangatira and went on to lead a violent suppression of Christianity.

The manifesto claimed that "two generations of Rehuans have been brainwashed by western values. The result is that they have no souls - their spirits have been replaced with the western obsession with money and materialism."

He called for the restoration of the nation's Mana [pride/spirit] and stated that Parliament should be dissolved on the grounds that 'democracy is incompatible with the values of the nation. It is an attempt to shackle us to the backward, government-by-peasantry values of the west which promote only ignorance and spiritual emptiness'.

In his speech to the TSDF during the siege of the barracks he stated his belief that "A 2000 year old warrior culture cannot be destroyed at the whim of a few fat, ignorant westerners!"

WHO WAS PIRIPI KEI TIKI?

Piripi Kei Tiki was born on December 12 1958 into a Toa [noble warrior] family in Kaitohura, although he lived most of his life in Rakipa. In 1976, at the age of 18, he enlisted in the Imperial Tangatarehua Army and fought during the tail end of the South Pacific War.
Piripi Kei Tiki was, until today, considered
one of Tangatarehua's greatest literary figures.

After the war ended he became a prominent academic and was often associated with the postmodernist intellectual movement. He also began a successful career as a novelist, writing mostly in the genre of science fiction.

Kei Tiki is widely regarded as Tangatarehua's finest author, with several of his books not only international bestsellers but the recipient of major awards. In 2003, he was even shortlisted for the Nobel Prize in Literature.

Among his most famous works include the sci fi novels "Obsku" and "Do Robots Think About Mechanical Goats?" and the semi-autobiographical "A Photocopier Lightly".

Several of his works have also become popular films, such as "Blade Walker", "The Majority Report" and "Partial Recall".

His novels often question the nature of reality and the reliability of memory - a theme that, in light of recent events, might shine some light on his historical revisionist views.

Indeed, signs of his growing political extremism can be seen in some of his later novels. The novel "Cease your laughter, the soldier told me" depicts a future in which Tangatarehua has fallen into anarchy, after totally embracing western values, democracy and pacifism. In the novel Tangatarehua is overrun by immigrants, who silently colonise the nation, crime gangs run by Taurekareka effectively rule the nation which is itself hyper-capitalist.

Even more telling of his views is his popular debut novel, "The Woman in the Low Palace" - about an alternative reality in which Tangatarehua won the South Pacific War and went on to colonise must of southeastern Greater Dienstad. One of the curious themes of the novel, which seems to have gone unnoticed until today, is the idea that the media shapes perception which shapes reality and Kei Tiki seems to suggest in the book that the west needn't have defeated Tangatarehua in battle - all it had to do was convince the people that they had lost via propaganda.

This view, though at the time assumed to have been used fictitiously, is a common conspiracy theory among Tangatarehua's far right: The idea that Tangatarehua actually won the war, but that the Empress Awhinatia te hunga rawakore was an agent of the west and used her influence, along with that of the media, to bring Tangatarehua under the control of the global capitalist elite.

Piripi Kei Tiki has also been known to have a history of mental illness, with one of the mothers of his children claiming that he was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. Indeed many people who knew him have suggested that today's events were his idea of performance art, or him attempting to fabricate a justification for his desire to commit suicide in a public place.

For all his recent decrying of western values, Kei Tiki was known to be "very fond of western culture and advances" - for example he lived in an American-style house in a gated community in Rakipa, drank Scotch whiskey and read French and English literature.

His daughter, Aroha Kei Tiki, released a comment to media stating that she doubted her father genuinely held the far right views that he claimed in his manifesto.

"I don't doubt the sincerity of his co-conspirators," she said, "but I don't think that Father genuinely believed in what he was saying. I think for him this was another work of fiction that he simply lost himself to, he always struggled to know what is real and what isn't and this time he simply never returned to reality."

COUP TIMED FOR SIGNIFICANT ANNIVERSARY

The manifesto revealed that planning for the coup attempt began as early as 2016 but was specifically timed to coincide with the 80th anniversary of the day that Te Huinga Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua [the Tangatarehua Imperial Rule Association] seized power.
The coup attempt has coincided with the 80th anniversary
of the Tangatarehua Imperial Rule Association seizing power

On April 15th 1943, exactly 80 years ago, officers of the Imperial Tangatarehua Armed Forces stormed Te Whare o Tangata [Parliament] where they arrested and outlawed all opposition parties and politicians, marking the beginning of a fascist military junta that would last until 1979.

Despite previous assurances from the Tiakitanga [Police] that they would be on alert for any violent far right demonstrations today in light of the anniversary, today's coup attempt went off relatively unnoticed until a fire at the TSDF headquarters alerted passers by, who called the fire brigade to investigate.

The relative inaction of the police and the Office of Unconstitutional Activities has sparked fear and speculation that Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau may have been more successful at infiltrating their way into the upper echelons of Tangatarehua's government agencies than previously assumed.

Despite this, it appears that the coup was an abject failure, with Piripi Kei Tiki ending his occupation of the base by leaping off the balcony and impaling himself on a taiaha [wooden spear] in an act of ritual suicide, with his final request being that his body be eaten eaten in the act of ritual cannibalism, or kaitangata.

He reportedly begged members of the TSDF to consume his flesh before his death, saying "I lay down my life for my comrades! I ask you to consume my body into yours. That way so too will you absorb my spirit, so that the warrior spirit can be returned to the defence forces of Tangatarehua!"

One TSDF member present at the event, who asked to remain anonymous, stated that he believed it was a joke and that Piripi Kei Tiki was performing an act of theatre.

"The things he was saying were so ridiculous that most of us were laughing. We thought it was a joke, like a late April Fool's joke or something," he said. "It wasn't until he jumped off the balcony and impaled himself on the taiaha that we realised, holy shit, he was serious. Most of us just didn't know how to react. It was pretty shocking and gruesome."

However, for the family of Colonel Kahorere Tamihana, today's events will not be remembered as a joke.

Colonel Tamihana, who was the senior commanding officer on duty, was found in his office with his throat slit and several of his limbs removed, following an attempt by the perpetrators of the siege to consume him in the ancient act of kaitangata.

It is believed that the attempt to cook his body was the reason that much of the building caught fire, which in itself was the event that alerted authorities to the coup attempt.

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

The coup attempt was declared to be over by 2:28pm with the death of Piripi Kei Tiki. Armed police stormed the TSDF headquarters and arrested 20 members of the far right militia, most of whom immediately laid down their arms.

The Most Honourable Rangatira, Te Rata Rongomau, condemned the events of today and the murder of Colonel Kohrere Tamihana and has declared a nationwide state of emergency, expected to last for 72 hours. During this time all police in Tangatarehua will be armed (police do not regularly carry firearms in Tangatarehua) and investigations and further arrests can be expected over the next few days as members and supporters of the group are tracked down and arrested.

Those arrested are likely to face charges of High Treason, which is the only criminal offence in Tangatarehua that still carries the death penalty. There is a strong possibility that today's events could lead to the first executions in Tangatarehua since 1980, if those involved are indeed convicted of high treason.

Today's events may well be a watershed moment in the modern history of Tangatarehua, revealing a deeply entrenched generational divide and raising questions over how the nation responds.

"The fact that a prominent author and academic like Piripi Kei Tiki was harbouring these revisionist and anti-democratic views very well might make them appear legitimate in the minds of many members of the public," said Dr. Maia Taera of the University of Whakaara. "It also suggests that democracy might actually have less popular support than previously believed - with most people until now keeping their views silent. I expect that this is not the last time we will see serious attacks on our nascent democracy."

While polls show that 95% of people under 30 support democracy and that 80% support the pacifist constitution, support for democracy is only 30% among those born before 1979 and 60% of people over 30 support re-militarisation.

"There may be some legitimacy to the arguments that Piripi Kei Tiki made," said Dr. Taera. "While I for one reject the notion that they were brainwashed or that there is an international capitalist conspiracy, what we do have in Tangatarehua is a younger, highly westernised generation who take pacifism and democracy for granted coming into conflict with an older generation who believe in a more traditional, technocratic and aristocratic form of governance and who may well be nostalgic for Tangatarehua's mythical warrior past."

TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

Colonel Kahorere Tamihana, who was murdered in today's coup attempt

0730: Piripi Kei Tiki posts copies of his manifesto on his website and on several social media websites.

1100: Piripi Kei Tiki arrives at the TSDF barracks in Kotahiteitei, Tamaki claiming he is meeting Colonel Kahorere Tamihana, an old friend, for lunch.

1105: Colonel Tamihana greets Kei Tiki and the two travel to his office for a cup of tea.

1115: A signal is given by Ianga Wikiriwhi, a TSDF member who is also a member of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau, which alerts 14 other 'sleeper agents' in the TSDF to join him and Kei Tiki in the Colonel's office.

1120: The Colonel is bound and tied up, Piripi Kei Tiki reportedly apologises for the ruse and states that it is nothing personal against him.

1125: Six other members of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau, who are waiting outside the barracks, are permitted entry and given access to the armoury. They are told to guard the perimeter and ensure that no one exits or leaves the barracks.

1130: Piripi Kei Tiki tells Colonel Tamihana to write a traditional death poem, warning him that the group intend to kill him and eat him via the traditional cannibalism ritual kaitangata.

1200: Piripi Kei Tiki leaves the office, unable emotionally to witness the murder of his old friend.

1202: Members of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau slit the Colonel's throat. They then prepare his body for consumption by chopping off his limbs.

1230: Reports reach the Department of State that the barracks has become uncontactable. Suspicions first raised about the status of the base.

1300: In an attempt to 'cook' the Colonel's dismembered body parts, members of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau attempt to start a fire in his office, setting alight his desk. The fire soon spreads into other rooms.

1307: A call is made to the fire brigade when a passer by in Kotahiteitei notices smoke coming from the TSDF headquarters building. Several similar calls are made over the next half an hour.

1322: The first fire engines arrive. Members of Te Raupapa o te Whakangungu Rakau open fire on the trucks in an attempt to dissuade them entering the base, causing damage to one firetruck.

1334: Reports of an active shooting event reach the Department of State. Secretary of the Interior Anahera Natana Uruwera orders the Ropu Tiaki Motuhake [Police Special Tactical Branch] into action. The Kaitiaki of Tamaki also orders local police forces into the area to keep order.

1351: The first group of police officers arrive at the barracks and surround it. Gunfire is exchanged between the Police Special Tactical Unit and members of the militia.

1400: Piripi Kei Tiki appears on the balcony overlooking the central yard dressed in the traditional uniform of a Toa. He gives a speech to assembled troops, outlining much of his manifesto and extolling him to fight back and march with him to the Rangatirapa to overthrow the government. His speech is met with laughter and ridicule.

1408: The Police Special Tactical Unit enter the barracks in an armoured personnel carrier. Several members of the militia are apprehended and arrested.

1415: Piripi Kei Tiki continues to speak, despite the growing presence of police who have by now mostly secured control of the base.

1427: Piripi Kei Tiki begs for his body to be eaten as he prepares to commit Kawa Whakamomori, an ancient suicide ritual.

1428: Piripi Kei Tiki launches himself off the balcony, impaling himself on an upright taiaha on the ground. He is declared dead one minute later.

1432: The remaining members of the militia surrender to police and are arrested.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About Tangatarehua Ao | Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us | Te Reo Maori version
Last edited by Tangatarehua on Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Stevid
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Stevid » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 am

Imperial Broadcasting Corporation News

BREAKING NEWS
Urgent Questions to the Prime Minister

+Maria-Attia Cassia - 10 o’clock News Anchor+
An emergency session of Parliamentary questions has been convened following a successful lobbying of Speaker-General Mossy of The Commons by the Christian Centrist Party (CCP). Cons Prime Minister Conroy is due to arrive urgently from his official working residence to the Commons within Lowland Citadel. The topic of the urgent questions will be on the recent uptick of military deployments by the Golden Throne of the Macabees against Wanderjar and Greater Ordenite Reich within and local to Stevidian South Greal. This comes after reports of a possible coup occurring in the apartheid nation of Wanderjar.

We’re ‘Live’ within The Common chambers with its members and clergy quietly filing into their places. It can hold five hundred members, but it is unlikely that all will be in attendance due to the sudden calling of parliament – but in full attendance will likely be opposition party members of the CCP who petitioned the Speaker-General for the calling. We have our political correspondent Gerontius Cagliestra who is at The Commons, live, what can you tell us about what is happening?

+Gerontius Cagliestra – IBCN Chief Political Correspondent+
Well, all we’ve heard coming from the Speaker-General’s office is that this is a special summoning of the Prime Minister, and to all members willing to attend, in order to answer urgent questions as posed by members. The office itself has not determined the nature of the questions specifically other than that that they concern international and Imperial affairs.
The CCP, who petitioned the Speaker-General, have been far more open. They have stated it is in regard to the current tensions in Wanderjar and San Castello, specifically between Greater Ordena and the Golden Throne in and around San Castello, Wanderjar, and Stevidian South Greal.
Now over the past few days there have been reports of a coup in the apartheid state of Wanderjar which has been supported by the Ordenite Fourth Reich and directly opposed by the Stevidian government and the Golden Throne. However there is some contention about the involvement of the Golden Throne, in particular the presence of troops in the easternmost part of Stevidian South Greal and the neighbouring San Castello. There’s no indication of direct Stevidian involvement but should a Wanderjarian-Ordentie alliance fight a war against Golden Throne forces in San Castello, then it is implied by their basing in Stevidian South Greal that the Holy Empire indirectly supports The Macabees.

+Maria-Attia Cassia+
Gerontius, thank you.
For those just joining us online, on air, and around the world, this is IBC News bringing you ’Live’ to the lower house of Stevidian politics for an urgent summoning of the Prime Minister to answer questions, presumably, about the situation in Wanderjar, which has undergone a coup over the past few weeks.
Already seated is leader of the opposition, CCP party leader Sir Verinous Caracalla, and the Speaker-General Sir David Mossy. Most opposition party members are seated already with member government ministers still filing in… and arriving as I speak is Prime Minster Conroy of the ‘Cons’ as evidenced by the support from his colleagues and back benchers. He will stand at the lectern when answering questions as designated in turn by the Speaker-General. We will listen ‘Live’ to the proceedings…

+David Mossy - Speaker-General+
Order… Order…
I hereby open this special session of Parliament as requested by the opposition party to allow all members to pose urgent questions to the Prime Minister.
Prime Minister…

+Prime Minister Conroy+
Thank you, Mister Speaker. Honourable Members and Clergy, I hereby graciously accept this summoning to Parliament to give account to any and all questions that you pose within the time allotted to this session. Today I have held meetings with government and cabinet colleagues and there will be further such meetings following this special session.

+Sir Verinous Caracalla – CCP (Leader)+
Thank you, Mister Speaker. I ask on behalf of the Empire for the Prime Minister to provide The Commons and the Empire an update on the crisis in Wanderjar and San Castello in lieu of not providing one since it began.

+Prime Minister Conroy+
I would be happy to; the reason why a report or update has not been given is because until only a few days ago there was nothing to update anyone on. The fact that there has been a coup in Wanderjar, backed by the Fourth Reich, is of great concern and we are monitoring the situation carefully. It will come as no surprise to anyone that Wanderjar was, is, and will continue to be, an unstable country. The situation in San Castello is precarious and has been for some time; and I can say with a degree of certainty that it appears to be a perfect storm of events that has caused the situation we see across the border. Seeing troops movements of Wanderjar in San Castello is on the one hand a frightful thing, and any counter moves by local Golden Throne forces also alarming. Of note, however, is that the Wanderjarian military, normally poised with up to a million troops along our Greali frontier, are no longer in the position to threaten our Empire.

I will alleviate the concerns of the opposition Leader by promising an audience with our representatives in Golden Throne and Stevidian South Greal regarding the crisis.

I think the Empire deserves a bit better than that, Mister Speaker. The Prime Minister describes a ‘perfect storm’ of a situation in Wanderjar and San Castello. This is a gross understatement if ever there was one. Over the past week and a half there has been a coup d’état in Wanderjar supported by a direct enemy of Empire – an enemy we as a country have spilled blood against and of. In its neighbour, San Castello, the machinations of the Golden Throne seem to play out unchecked – San Castello is victim of civil strife – practically war. In both nations sits the social policy of apartheid, which may as well be a death sentence to tens of thousands as both nations collapse.

Would the Prime Minster please detail the extent of foreign involvement in these states that sit on our imperial frontier?

+PM Conroy+
Mister Speaker, I am of course not privy to the overall goals of our international partners and adversaries. I can state that there is a vested interest by a number of international partners, namely Wanderjar and the Golden Throne, in San Castello. The social policies of Wanderjar are not those that we condone, but they are prevalent in that part of the region and that does include in San Castello itself. The geo-politics of the region are as such that Wanderjar and the Fourth Reich are natural bedfellows and it is on Ordena’s interest to see Wanderjar remain stable.

It has been clear for months that the overall goal of Wanderjar is the incorporation of San Castello. This is not a feat is has achieved and given the public address by usurper forces. The Four Reich wishes to see a stable Wanderjar annexe San Castello and will support this effort.

Again, I cannot speak for the Golden Throne, but it is clear they support a free and independent San Castello, as does the Empire.

+Commons Crowd+
Here! Here!

Well, I thank the Prime Minister for the frank response, but it is only a reiteration of the obvious. I refuse to believe that this country only receives information about coups and invasions from foreign news wires. I believe the house would like to know the extent to which the Holy Empire was aware that a land conflict and or coup in Wanderjar was inevitable?

+PM Conroy+
Mister Speaker, there is never inevitable conflict, even in Greater Dienstad.

The circumstances that have led to the events we’re witnessing now have been wholly orchestrated by the Fourth Reich. Wanderjar has long sought San Castello and the Reich has long sought allies – of which Wanderjar is a natural one. It is of no surprise to me that they have come along to prop up an illegitimate government and aid it in its designs on another independent country. Such is way of the fascist; such is the way of an Orendite.

Mister Speaker the Prime Minister did not answer the question. I’m obliged to thank you for allowing this session to ask urgent questions to the Prime Minister topical to the situation north of Stevidian South Greal. So I ask the Prime Minister again, but more precisely: to what extent did the government know about a land conflict in San Castello as orchestrated by the parties Wanderjar, Ordena, and the Golden Throne, or anyone else?

+PM Conroy+
Mister Speaker, obviously I’m not at ability to divulge our nation’s intelligence gathering techniques, especially if it compromises sources or non-public capabilities. I’m sure the leader of the opposition was asking in good faith – I have no knowledge of any intent from any side to engage in any land warfare on our doorstep.

There is a lot of activity from multiple players, which includes the Holy Empire. The Golden Throne have ground, air, and naval assets local, and Wanderjar-Greater Ordena their own contingents. Whether they are geared towards conflict or deterrence is not known to me. There are other actors involved. The communists from Ice States are under careful observation, as too are peacekeepers from the PUF.

From our own side, we have deployed on rotation some of our newest aerial reconnaissance assets to monitor the situation.

+Thomas Murdoch – Southwest Fasswell - Cons+
Will the Prime Minister be able to give assurances that any conflict, should it develop, be contained within one of these failed states and away from the Empire?

+PM Conroy+
I can assure my colleague that the Empire’s borders are safe and secure. The northern border along Wanderjar is one of the most fortified and defended in the region. Where the border meets San Castello is an area hard fought for against Imbrinium and is well garrisoned.
There is always a risk, due to factors outside our control, of the situation escalating, which is why I will be speaking with representatives for the Golden Throne and South Greal in due course.

+Fay Crassus – Hadley – CCP+
Will the Prime Minister provide assurances regarding the acceptance of any refugees from San Castello because of, as he says, incompatible social policies of both San Castello and Wanderjar?

+PM Conroy+
I can assurance the honourable lady opposite that I will strive to keep our borders secure from interlopers. There are refugees and there are state actors working to alleviate pressure on local authorities to deal with them as best as possible.
However, it is not lost on me that both participating nations – namely the Ice States and the PUF – are of a certain political bent that will rightfully make all members of this house sit uneasy. Ice forces are present to assist in dealing with refugees and the fact they represent a communist state is not lost on me. Especially me… given the history of my family and that of the nation.

+Commons Crowd+
Here, here.

+PM Conroy+
Therefore I will not be making any pledges to take in refugees; especially given the fact South Greal along the San Castello border is in no fit state to welcome them.

+Esther Gregory – Capitia District 7 (Cerchi) – CCP+
The Prime Minister will no doubt be well aware of the joint military exercises held between the Holy Empire and the Golden Throne. I sit on the Defence Joint Select Committee and am privy to the same reports he is. Does he find it convenient that wargaming was hastily arranged with the Golden Throne within months of an escalation of this crisis? And would he also pass comment on how the allowing of access to Stevidian South Greal to The Macabees exacerbated the crisis?

+PM Conroy+
Mister Speaker, I’m grateful to the honourable lady opposite for her question and her commitment to the state affairs of defence. I do not believe it convenient that military exercises were conducted at that time and place – a show of strength and military integrity in an area of crisis can calm as much as it can exacerbate. It is also a deterrence, and deterrence should never be convenient.

The fact that the Golden throne saw it fit to move into San Castello when they had forces local is not so much convenient, but rather most fortunate.

+Common Crowd+
*Moans / Groans*

+Speaker General David Mossy+
Urgent Question from the leader of the opposition.

My colleague raises an excellent point that the PM must answer for but isn’t. The implication is that wargaming was pre-arranged to ensure the Golden Throne had military assets present to invade San Castello. Is the Prime Minister denying that such an agreement or conversations took place?

+PM Conroy+
Yes.

*Pause in proceedings – much heckling and jeering continues because of the one-word answer*

+Speaker General David Mossy+
Order! Order! Prime Minister I must insist on a more substantial answer than just “Yes”.

+Commons Crowd+
*Cheering*

+PM Conroy+
There was no agreement between the Holy Empire and the Golden Throne that Stevidian South Greal was to be a springboard for any invasion of anywhere. The Kreigsmarine is more than capable of amphibious and aerial landings to achieve objectives in any country.

+Tota Tigirus –Nepley – Cons+
The Prime Minister has stated plainly that he backs the independence of San Castello, yet we see inaction from our side. San Castello neighbours us and I for one believe it is our moral duty to help secure them from further foreign interference. Is the time right to now join the Golden Throne in prevent a fascist takeover of our neighbour while strengthening our commitment to the Triumvirate?

+PM Conroy+
Indications at this stage are that the crisis is not likely to develop into conflict at this stage. There is much more diplomacy and discussion to be had, I’m sure. The necessity for Stevidian intervention is minimal. Our forces remain at their usual readiness along the frontier, but at this stage I have not authorised any mobilisation.

+Sir Paul Serberus - Capita District 3 (Palatine) – Cons+
Mister Speaker, the Prime Minister has been very gracious to answer questions today to put the minds of ordinary people to rest about another war in South Greal. Nonetheless, I am troubled by the convenience of it. While the opposition thinks it convenient that military exercises allowed the Golden throne easy entry to San Castello, I think the polar opposite is true. I find it convenient that Wanderjar, for some time, has sought San Castello and then is backed by Ordena only to fall prey to coup. The Golden Throne marches in to ‘secure’ the territory while Ordena seemingly orders its newest puppet to withdraw – if other reports are to believed.
Would the Prime Minister agree that in actuality there is likely an agreement between the Golden Throne and the Fourth Reich to expand their own spheres of influence in the region at our expense?

+PM Conroy+
The Holy Empire has no designs on the continent other than keeping the legitimacy of our claim on Stevidian South Greal. This is why we fought a war there in the first place.
My colleague’s concern is fair but not based in any evidence, so I’m unwilling to comment on pure conjecture.

+David Mossy – Speaker-General+
This is the second question we have had on mere conjecture. I feel it has no business being discussed in this house. A recess is hereby called where I will call upon advocates of all parties of The Commons as to whether the urgent questions have been put and sufficiently answered. I believe they have, but parties are welcome to make their representations. Order.

*Feed cuts back to the news desk*

+Maria-Attia Cassia - 10 o’clock News Anchor+
We will leave the live coverage from parliament there for now. The Prime Minister has been answering urgent questions regarding the crisis in San Castello. Both sides of The Commons with reservations about the incident with many, including the opposition leader, believing that one side or the other or both have orchestrated the crisis. Further reservations were voiced about the lack of Stevidian involvement, or possible behind the scenes involvement.

We will bring you updates on this and more as it develops.

SBCN - Stevidian Broadcasting Company Network
IBCN - Imperial Broadcasting Corporation News

"God Save the King"
"God Save the Empire"
Last edited by Stevid on Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Ordena
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ordena » Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:03 pm

THE ORDENITE REICH CHANCELLERY

This message is addressed to all the nations residing within the region of Greater Dienstad. Recent history has surely left a foul taste in the mouths of many that reside within our region due to geopolitical motivations that led to some sort of conflict. While the Ordenite Reich Chancellery understands that these past issues will not simply go away, there is a more grave dilemma at hand. The Kraven Reich and by it's extension in the region of Varathron through it's client state Fortress Automailia has invaded a territory of the Greater Ordenite Reich. While it may be so that many may consider this a matter not worthy of their attention, this matter threatens the stability and very fabric of our region Greater Dienstad. For some time now certain nations such as the Golden Throne and the Commenwealth have patrolled the northern fringes of Greater Dienstad to prevent Kravenic incursions into our region. This development very well may mean that if the Kraven Reich succeed in completely capitulating our territory in Varathron then they very well may not stop there and we will soon see there forces attempt to enter Greater Dienstad. Gholgoth is and has proven time and time again to enable and appease the Kraven despite what it does and where it goes.

However we are not Gholgoth and we will not stand by as the incarnation of evil attempts to tread over all that has been built and put in place for countless generations. Therefore the Greater Ordenite Reich has officially declared war against the Kraven Reich and will be mobilizing not only it's Armed Forces but the nation as a whole to face this grave threat. Whether the region and the polities within it agree with how Ordena chooses to go about this, we simply do not care and if there are those that wish to challenge us. Then we will ensure that not even your sons and daughters will be raised to stand against us. Those that wish to rise to the occasion and volunteer to fight against the forces of Kraven may go to the nearest Ordenite embassy or consulate where your transportation will be arranged to train as volunteers to fight.
IC Population: 22.714 billion
IC Nation Name(s): Greater Ordenite State(Official), Ordenite State(Unofficial)
Previously known as '"United World Order"
Condemned by the World Assembly, December 25th, 2018.

North Tayaera
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 23, 2023
Ex-Nation

Everlasting Storm

Postby North Tayaera » Thu May 04, 2023 1:29 pm

Your nationwide news service.

Hello and welcome to the Tayaera News Network's afternoon broadcast. I'm Deniz, and it's my pleasure to bring you the latest news and happenings from our beautiful nation. From local events to global developments, we've got you covered with factual, unbiased reporting that you can trust. So sit tight and stay informed as we take you on a journey through the top stories of the day. Let's dive right in!

On March 25, 2111, the day was rather regular. Birds were chirping, the sounds of distant talking from the local church. But then everything changed as some dark clouds rolled in.
5 hours later, it was raining very hard. A thunderstorm was expected to hit Valrie on the day, but this one lasted for longer. It'd been 5 weeks without any sign of stopping. The temperatures dropped even lower, to a low of only -35° C, and a high of 10 ° C.

Everyone decided they would just stay inside like the recent Glacial Disease outbreaks I'll mention in the next broadcast. But it had been more than a week so people were either beginning to ration or were already out of food. Soon protests became riots and many people died because of fires caused by lightning, frigid temperatures, and later on Scurvy. The end was hard to clean up, but we cleaned it all up and picked up where we left off. The lives who were lost in the major storm will be remembered.

Thanks for tuning in to today's broadcast. We hope you found our coverage informative and engaging. Be sure to join us again tomorrow for more news and updates from across Tayaera. Until then, stay safe and stay informed!

TNN™ owned by the Tayaeras, All rights reserved, ™ 2111

notice: the form had to be cut down because forums dont allow specific things or they are changed, see normal one on my dispatch

-Itailia-
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014

Postby -Itailia- » Sun May 28, 2023 12:24 pm

Shekanan Republican Armed Forces announce three week long exercise, sparks Amanitte tensions
Dictator Touma announces the longest and most complex exercises in the last decade, hoping to flex against Aman
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Second Seed 21, 3E12 12:00 PM | Ebonaervon, Aman

Mayeba, Shekana(Herald) — Here, among the sprawling urban-space carved out of the surrounding dense tropical region, one can already feel the level of excitement caused by the most recent announcement from the Shekanan government, nevermind the tensions it's sparking off with it's long-time rival across the Jeshoeda Channel. Earlier this morning, Dictator Abbudin Mas'ud Touma took to national television to deliver a personnal address, flanked by high-ranking representatives of the Republican military services, he announced the commencement of انگشت آتش, or the semi-annual Republican Military Field Trial, an event that is held to demonstrate the capabilities of the Armed Forces, their ability to coordinate operations together and in general to gain experience across the modern day battle space. The event was formally held annually until three years ago, when the government agreed to a cessation in the temporary peace agreement reached with Aman that also ended their blockade of Shekana. No time window was included in the agreement, so Dictator Touma's government argues they are not bound by it's terms any longer, and set to restart the event in grand fashion as it's set to include hundreds of units across every branch of the military, a vastly larger scale then traditionally used before. Although specifics weren't announced, the government did reveal that all of the Navy's battle groups will participate in a week long simulation exercise aimed at maintaining the access to international waters, forcible security around trade lanes, and anti-submarine patrols in the Channel; in addition to this, the Army representative revealed that the 2nd Army Corps will face off against the 4th Corp in a simulated field drill exercise that will take place over the entire three weeks, and the Air Force will be joined in the exercises as well.

The RMFT comes highly anticipated within Shekana, as the Government has spent the last three years dramatically increasing the size of the armed forces; prior to the Istoloa Conflict, it was unusually small, with the Army being the largest branch at around 400,000 active troops. However, following the outbreak of the conflict, and in particular the unrest in neighboring Fustera, Dictator Touma announced that he and the Council of Ten would be re-investing hundreds of billions of rakins in order to expand all three branches, and they have remained true to their word, having spent close to half a trillion rankin on arms procurement from wider regional and other foreign sources; most notably, updating their armored units with Nakil 1A1GU/+ from the Golden Throne, which were paired with Arica APCs in a massive arms deal two years ago, and they've also purchased warships for their Navy, seeking to expand it into a true blue-water capable force. The Republican Air Force has proved the hardest to expand, due to the cost and time involved in such endeavors, but the Council of Ten had ordered Z.G.B. Conglomerates to renew production on the MB.81 ‘Dashuyn’, placing a tenative order for a further two hundred airframes, as well as investing in an option to upgrade the avionics suite of the already 300 plus airframes in service; the goal of all these expansions has been stated to ensure Shekana's ability to secure it's national property from interference from outside actors, a pointed message believed to have been pointed at Aman.

Although tensions cooled off following the ceasefire agreement three years ago, they've recently become renewed, as the Amannitte Air Force returned to 24/7 patrols of the Jesheoda Channel, and the Navy increased patrols and inspections of maritime lanes and traffic; just four months ago, it caused a small deal of controversy when it seized a group of six Shekanan-flagged vessels for violating international agreements on foreign import/export sales; the vessels were scrapped in Aman, and their cargo seized by the Imperial government, something the Shekanans protested heavily. It's rumored that following that this exercise may be Shekana testing to see how it can handle extended deployments to try and counter Aman.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Palmyrion expands anti-terrorism efforts domestically [ 349818 ]
  • Ongoing Coverage: The Ordenite War against Kraven [ 81276 ]
  • Wanderjar racked with political unrest, developing situation [ 67521 ]
  • BREAKING: 2 fatalities after radicals storm Tangatarehua military HQ in coup attempt [ 514328 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • Top Event: Photos from Princess Nyellos' official 8th birthday [ 17643 ]
  • Senator Rihtar announces plans to step down following defeat in Archon election [ 454321 ]
  • Fiormente upsets Olympia ASC for their first Copa Ormal title in 89 years of play [ 2398583 ]
    Comments [ 678451 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

678,451 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:03 pm

MILITARY ACTIVITY ALONG NICAROAN-ICER FRONTIER INTENSIFIES
As the Ice States steps up its efforts to recover assets forfeited to the Golden Throne during the Green Zone occupation,
both states have visibly increased their military activity along the adjacent frontiers.

Photo of imperial stealth fighter patrolling over the Devonian coastline released by the Laerihans over Accelafeed.

QUITIRUZÚ ⁠— Imperial troops along the Nicaroan-Icer Frontier have been placed on high alert since the Ice States declared its intentions of opening a military conflict with the Golden Throne. Heightened tensions follow the Icer proposals in the GDRC, including a proposal to build a military coalition against the Golden Throne. Renewed conflict between the two governments is likelier than ever only months after the Golden Throne's withdrawal from the Green Zone.

The Ice States' communist government raised complaints over the forfeiture of assets — including cultural treasures, business and IT infrastructure, and other valuable tangibles and intangibles — that took place during the Golden Throne's occupation of the Green Zone. The Green Zone was originally put in place to provide a safe space for Icer civilians and businesses during the civil war that saw the toppling of Sotolo II's imperial government. It is held by the Icer government that this forfeiture is illegal and a violation, in spirit, of the trade agreement between the two countries. In contrast, the Golden Throne's Imperial Bureaucracy maintains that the forfeiture is in line with legal privileges as a result of the government's inability to repay debts owed by the no longer extant imperial government. The refusal to return the assets in question has made renewed conflict all but a complete certainty.

In anticipation, the Fuermak has stepped up its security along the Nicaroan-Icer Frontier, known as the NIF. It is already one of the most militarized borders in Greater Díenstad, with not only millions of imperial regulares but also over a million limikari. It's not just the land border that has seen an intensification of activity, but also the adjacent bay. Now serviced by the freshly expanded city of Quitiruzú, the bay hosts Kríergrup Devonia, a naval force formed from the returning elements of Kríermak Gholgoth. These naval elements have stepped up their patrolling of the bay, with exercises simulating now just the bay's closing but also an inner blockade on the northern Icer coastline. Along with the additional naval activity, reports of provocative aerial patrolling of the Devonian and northern Icer coastlines have been partially confirmed by photographs released by the Laerihans over the Accelafeed social network. One can imagine that the purpose of these aggressive changes in naval and aerial activity is meant to intimidate the Ice States into rethinking its hostility. That said, the Icer government has made its bellicose intentions clear enough in the chambers of the GDRC.

It is difficult to think anything else than that perhaps these patterns signal not a coming war, but the opening maneuvers of a war already in motion.

One neutral country likely to be caught in the crossfire is Devonia. Evidence of Icer meddling in Devonian affairs has surfaced recently and it's probable that the Golden Throne will seek to disrupt whatever objectives the Ice States has in its policy toward its eastern neighbor. The country has suffered from a long institutional decline, with a decaying government increasingly unable to service its subject population. Rumors abound that the Devonian government has already been infiltrated by Icer agents, although concrete details remain entirely elusive. Regardless, Devonia is strategically vital because a power holding its northern coastline could challenge the Golden Throne's naval command of the bay. It, therefore, makes for an obvious imperial target, which will seek to monopolize the bay during the war.

An open question that remains is what shape a new war will take. The Green Zone occupation was limited in scope and resources, but this new war is unlikely to remain as constrained. When addressing the GDRC chamber, the Macabéan representative Kríerlord Andro Kilomen warned that in the event of a conflict the Golden Throne would seek the removal of the communist government from power. Achieving that objective would take considerable resources and a military force many times greater than that used for the Green Zone.

Another question is what role the newly formed unit of Icer regulíes will take. Some 20,000 Icers sympathetic to the old imperial government and opposed to the communist takeover were recruited into the Ejermacht as foreign volunteers. The unit currently finds itself in Arras, where it is undergoing infantry training before it ships back out to Nicaro. According to military sources, the intention is to leverage the unit to support limikari forces in the suppression of guerrilla forces still operating in the thicker, deeper, more isolated areas of the southern Nicaroan jungle. That role might change as the prospect of war with their home country becomes likelier.

Finally, one wonders what sort of government the Golden Throne will seek to put in place of the current communist regime. The old imperial government has been thoroughly dismembered via the international trials held by the communist regime and attended by certain members of the international community. Will the Golden Throne seek to put in power remnants of that old imperial regime? Or, will it attempt to empower a military junta or something similar? Alternatively, the Imperial Bureaucracy may seek to create a democratic state in the Ice States through the imposition of, at the very least, a bicameral legislature. This has been a common solution in most states that have seen imperial intervention, as it will be in San Castello. But little has been said about this through official channels and perhaps the ultimate outcome will simply be what's most practical given whatever internal forces are at play within the Ice States itself.

An outcome around which there hasn't been much discussion around, at least in the Golden Throne, is the possibility of defeat. The imperial population has grown accustomed to a victorious empire, in Greater Díenstad and beyond. Nicaro was itself a dominion earned through victory when four years ago the Fuermak intervened to defeat a growing pirate and militant presence in the country and to restore democratic order. Apropos to the question of what sort of government will follow the Icer communist regime, in Nicaro a democratic parliament has been empowered to command most of the day-to-day legislation as it concerns internal matters. The common belief is that more of the same will follow in the Ice States. But, in war nothing ought to be taken for granted.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:29 pm

www.News-Herald.et.com

Overseas: Defense Agreement With Tupenga Proposed
Maska: No Military Presence in Tupenga Now

Steve Isenberg reporting from Vladarsik

Secretary of Defense and External Security General Eugene Maska notified Ghastak Chairman Louis A. Herb today of the administration’s intent to pursue a military assistance agreement with Tupenga. The war torn republic in the south is recovering from a bloody civil war, and negotiations are underway between factions in the capital of Crisofo to bring the country under democratic rule. In his letter, General Maska said:

As required under the Foreign Military Assistance Act of 2015, I write to inform you in your capacity as the Chair of the Ghastak of the government’s intention to offer assistance to the armed forces of the Republic Of Tupenga. In discussions with our ambassador in Crisofo, Anthony Lindawer, we believe this assistance will help stabilize the situation in the vicinity of Libete Bay and enhance Eitoan national security. Our military attache in the Crisofo embassy, Air Force Colonel Diane Buckner will lead the team in developing the details of the assistance needed.

Following the recent series of coups, counter-coups and a destructive civil war, the Fusteran infrastructure needed to support a credible defense is severely damaged. Such a state would be an invitation for unwelcome foreign powers to take advantage of the situation and potentially pose a threat to Eitoan shipping in the region, as well as that of major trading partners. In broad measure, we see needs in communication infrastructure, aircraft maintenance and upgrade, and training for modern warplanes as part of a package that could be offered. We do not see stationing of Eitoan uniformed personnel on Tupengan territory as part of this offering. Pilot and mechanical training for aircraft made available to the Tupengan Air Force would be included, the training to be conducted in Eitoan. If conditions are favorable at a later date there could be discussion of refuelling and provisioning permissions for the Eitoan Navy in Tupengan ports. In that event we will issue a separate letter to your office.

As always my staff and that of the Department of Foreign Affairs will respond to all requests from the Ghastak and the Dashez for information, and for conferring with legislators.

Conditions in Tupenga

The recent civil war in Tupenga has wreaked havoc on infrastructure, both civilian and military. The major port, Ambuambo was spared extensive damage under successive Fusteran and Marshite occupation, and is now securely in the hands of the Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga (MAFT). Crisofo, the capital was more damange, wracked by Branganca coup that saw the ouster of President Marco Liorasa and the subsequent civil war, in which Communist forces engaged in heavy fighting culminatin Brangaca’s removal. Internet service, always shaky inland and in the south still has not been restored in some areas. Damage to rail lines remain extensive outside of a 75 mile radius around Ambuambo. The provisional government also casts a wary eye on growing Nazi influence in nearby Fustera.

MAFT emerged with the strongest militia at the end of the civil war, according to observers on the ground and at Foreign Affairs. The party has appeared open to Eitoan assistance in response to speculation by retired Admiral Dale Abraham, floated in a recent article on Eitoan 1 News. Admiral Abraham is Professor Emritus of Military Science at the University of Kelso, and is close to the high command. MAFT was bolstered by strong Marshite support in the civil war, and represents a large segment of the predominant Creoloso population. MAFT and Holy Marsh ejected Fusteran forces during the civil war, but this occurred before the Ordeinte buildup in Fustera. With The Reich building up the Fusteran armed forces, and establishing a greater presence in Fustera, there has been concern that without assistance Tupenga could be a target for destabilization or possibly even invasion. The Communist factions are still powerful in Crisofo and are suspicious of foreign involvement. However, with the Socialists as the lead minority party in the Ghastak along with a Communist presence there, concerns about Eitoan intentions could be mollified for Tupengan reds.

Eitoan Interests in the South

Ambuambo, the major commercial port survived the civil war relatively unscathed. Facilities are believed adequate for restocking Eitoan ships up to the cruiser level. This could provide an opportunity for some open seas patrolling further south, possibly for better protection of vessels from NMAA ally Palmyiron. The degradation of military facilities and command structure requires remedy if Tupenga can be viewed as a credible obstacle to Nazi threats based in Fustera. The Golden Throne has stationed forces in nearby Samarasta but as yet there is no agreement between Fedala and Crisofo for assistance. Extending the range of the Eitoan fleet would also allow a pivot point for coverage of shipping in the event of hostilities in the Jesheoda Channel.

In the channel the recent falling out between Aman and Shekana over Dictator Touma’s military exercises bring some doubt on the long term viability of combined Shekanan Ammaitte and Holy Marsh patrols to forestall Ordenite activity in the channel. This too would increase the need for alternative open sea access to Eitoan and friendly shipping beyond the Shartourn Sea. This has also been exacerbated by the Marshite withdrawal from Tupenga.

There has been speculation that the agreement is part of complex deal whereby leftist opposition to recent Golden Throne initiatives in the Greater Dienstad Regional Council (GDRC) would be mollified in the upper house. Ghastak Chair Herb has been mum on this, but sources in Vladarsik close to Free Democrat ghastakers indicate that a deal with Communists and Socialists may be underway that would remove qualms about the GDRC resolution by Fedala laying the basis for a unified Dienstadi response to extra regional threats. The offer of military assistance would also be seen as presenting a friendlier face to the south. This would be welcome by some at Foireign Affiars, given traditional Eitoan reticence to involvement in the Libete Bay and Shartourn Sea sub regions.
Last edited by Eitoan on Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga » Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:13 am

Political Tension and Bloodshed Threaten to Suffocate Signs of Progress

Crisofo, Tupenga- The State Elections Board has reported that 17 of 28 Districts of the nation had reported good or acceptable levels of security ahead of the upcoming election. Most of the 11 that failed were located in the north, with the districts capitals of Tusana and Relianga reporting severe issues with staffing ahead of the election. The Board has advised that it may not fully accept the results of regions with 'lower standards' of election security, and has reiterated its powers to judicially decide on matters relating to its powers. MAFT and Tupengan Rebel Coalition representatives claim that the State Elections Board has been staffed almost entirely with members of communist parties and it is attempting to discredit the votes of northerners, primarily discriminated against Creoloso. It has threatened to not respect the results of an election which ignores the will of the north. Kabula Bombo has publicly asked for Mistress-Commander of the Tupengan Crusade Selaria Unchaka to deploy the Marshite military to polling locations and safeguard the election. Most others have called for trustworthy international observers to ensure a fair and free election.

In the eastern city of Salario, a bloody riot threatened to spill into larger violence when Radical Revolutionary Front of Tupenga strikers attacked creoloso who had crossed the picket line to take the jobs. With more than six dead and seventy in the hospital, military forces deployed to keep the situation from escalating. While the riot in Salario was the most violent of its kind, similar incidents are not unheard of. Party officials at the RRFT have accused TRC of waging a proxy economic battle against them using the historically disenfranchised creoloso. MAFT has called such claims ridiculous, saying it is only natural for a people denied their equal right to work for so long to seek work, and blamed communist forces for leaving their jobs open to those seeking better lives.

In less dire news, basic services have been restored across much of the south. While reconstruction should take years, the expected flood of post-election investment will aid matters tremendously. The first regularly held taping of "Red Hour Riot"- a Tupengan comedy staple that regularly crossed the color and political barrier over the past decade, often leading to heavy fines for the host- was a big hit in the ratings, leading to hope for the future of other programs to return. With security agreements reached or in some cases finally enforced, aid has started to move northwards in larger amounts. While it has been described as wholly inadequate for even daily concerns, let alone rebuilding, it is seen as an excellent first step.

The Executive Committee's Reconciliation of the People has continued to hold hearings and with the restoration of services across much of the south it has gained considerable steam. With dozens of officials and business leaders already having had their time to explain what they did and why they did it under the last regime, it has proven to be an emotionally charged event. Committee members have revolved in and out of the hearings in order to collect themselves as the depth of the evil and cruelty of the past colonial rulers of Tupenga is laid crystal clear over the airwaves. At the end of the session earlier today, Nadira Zakia- newly commissioned AFFT chairwoman and committee leader- announced more then five hundred more summons have been issued. The most newsworthy name is that of General Erasmo Ribeiro- the highest ranking member of the previous colonial government whose timely coup led to what some officials have described as a 'tremendous saving of life' by dramatically cutting down on how long the war would last.

In what is seen as a positive sign regarding the ability of the various factions to work together on some issues, a government representative has described internal reaction to recent Eitoan prepositions as 'warm'. Many theories abound as to why. Some believe that communist parties believe MAFT forces are too aligned with the Marshite Matriarchy and as such are seeking a counterbalance. Others that the growing threat of fascist influence in Fustera has brought the need for outside military aid into sharper focus. All agree that the economic benefits are obvious.

-Itailia-
Secretary

Founded: May 14, 2014

Postby -Itailia- » Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:58 am

Navy reassigns vessels from colonies, seeks to increase Rosslond presence
Secretary of the Navy announced the move that will see more than one hundred vessels return home, in units operating in Rosslond (Jeshoda Channel)
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Second Seed 28, 3E12 12:00 PM | Ebonaervon, Aman

Shot of a M.N. Pacatianus, an Amather class ballistic submarine that is one of the re-assigned vessels, leaving the harbor of Vicentia, New Firenze AP photo

Duilies Naval Base, Tharsius City(Herald) — Admiral Tautamiel Cundiel, the head of the Admiralty's Bureau of Personnel, announced earlier this morning at a press conference at Duilius Naval Base in the city of Tharsius that the Navy will be re-organizing an large number of units, with emphasis on reducing the deployments of vessels and units abroad in the colonies and increasing the presence and unit levels here back home. She concluded that more than one hundred naval vessels would be withdrawn from 5 colonies, which include more than five submarine patrol groups, six destroyer squadrons, two carrier battle groups, and other auxiliary craft, as the Navy will be taking the majority of these vessels and re-assigning them to 5th Fleet, which has spent the better part of last year focused on maritime sea control patrols, focused on keeping Ordenite and other slaver or criminal organizations out of the Jeshoda Channel; the 5th Fleet is also the same unit that blockaded Shekana three years ago, and in light of their military exercises has been helping the Imperial military keep an eye on them as they proceed.

The 5th Fleet is commanded by Admiral Marcellus Considius Cordus, an fifty three year old veteran of more than 11 deployments with the Navy, who has his flag aboard the M.N. Octavius Iulianus, an Lyra-classnuclear fleet aircraft carrier that is the newest carrier class to enter service with the Navy; most of the ships within the fleet are from the new vessels being rapidly constructed under the Department of the Military's Signum Ignis Initiative, which after four years of progress has seen massive expansion in arms industry as corporations and businesses rush to win contracts or subcontracts to assist in the fabrication of the hundreds of vessels, airframes and vehicles every branch is seeking. It is anticipated that if all of these re-assigned vessels are absorbed into the fleet, that it will be the second largest unit with the Navy, second only to the 1st Fleet, and more importantly, mark the first time in decades that the Navy has the majority of its bluewater assets stationed in imperial provincial bases; currently, the 1st Fleet is stationed on the southern coast, aimed at establishing a dominant presence over the Bay of Chains, the 3rd Fleet is stationed out of Tyrus Province in the north with it's focus maintaining a heavy presence in the Forodaer (Dienstadi: Great Inland Sea), the 2nd Fleet stationed on the eastern coast with the 5th Fleet to assist in operations in the Rosslond (Dienstadi: Jeshoda Channel); it's possible that the Navy will even create an fifth fleet out of new vessels or other detached organic units as there are currently dozens of new warships that are in the process of finishing their sea trials before first commissioning.

Admiral Tautamiel Cundiel did not comment directly on the dictatorship of Shekana, or the military exercises it's been conducting over the last week and set to continue for a further two, but did state that Navy was no less determined than before to ensure international waters remain open and unharrassed by foreign agents looking to interfere in the free navigation of maritime traffic; there are rumors that the Navy has been petitioned by Imperial corporations, such as Orientius Shipping, about complaints of being buzzed by Shekanan aircraft or trailed by their vessels while crossing the Rosslond. With this boosting of the 5th Fleet, it's possible the Navy will also seek to engage the Air Force to deploy it's latest strike missiles in bases along the eastern coastline to further boost strike capabilities there; the Air Force has already deployed off of a last-year commitment much more complex air defenses in air stations or purpose built sites in that region, as well as some strike options which were used last year when the Navy seized a pirate vessel.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Tensions ripe in northern Tupenga ahead of upcoming elections [ 349818 ]
  • Eiotan proposes military agreement with Tupenga [ 81276 ]
  • Wanderjar racked with political unrest, developing situation [ 67521 ]
  • BREAKING: 2 fatalities after radicals storm Tangatarehua military HQ in coup attempt [ 514328 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • Top Event: Photos from Princess Nyellos' official 8th birthday [ 17643 ]
  • Senator Rihtar announces plans to step down following defeat in Archon election [ 454321 ]
  • Fiormente upsets Olympia ASC for their first Copa Ormal title in 89 years of play [ 2398583 ]
    Comments [ 678451 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

678,451 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

Greater Ordena
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ordena » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:39 pm

ORDENCHE - RUNDFUNK - GESELLSCHAFT

ORDENITE BROADCASTING CORPORATION

ORDENITE - MINISTRY OF PROPAGANDA AND ENLIGHTENMENT

100th annual Party Congress unveils sweeping reforms.
Staatskanzler Richtofen during the 100th annual Party Congress announces enactment of political and economic reforms.

Groß-Berlina, Ordenstaat - The 100th annual Party Congress of the National Syndicalist Party of Ordena while a historic event due to the Congress being the 100th annual gathering. The Party Congress would also become a historic moment in that during a speech conducted by now Staatskanzler Richtofen had announced and detailed the plan to enact sweeping political and economic reforms that would seek to modernize and propel the Ordenite State into the future. In his speech the framework that the Staatskanzler had been laying for over 22 years since his ascension to the position would come to complete fruition now and for the foreseeable future.

In the background of the First Ordenite-Kraven War which so far has only entered it's infancy as fierce fighting rages on in the distant Varathron region. The Staatskanzler outlined his reforms to the over 100,000 party members who were in attendance and the billions watching across the Ordenstaat.

- The Enabling Act of 1933 which permitted emergency powers to then Chancellor Mueller and suspended the Constitution would be lifted and a new Constitution passed.

- A series of reforms and a general reorganization of the National Syndicalist Party of Ordena is to take place effective immediately.

- The formation of the Staatskammer to replace the defunct 'Reichstag' as the sole unicameral legislature.

- The Swastika as a symbol, flag, emblem, insignia in which represents the Ordenite government is now retired as such and no longer in official use in any capacity.

- The term 'Greater Ordenite Reich' or 'Ordenite Reich' is now officially considered defunct and in it's place the Der Groß-Ordenstaat is born and now represents the Ordenite nation as a whole.

- A series of economic reforms aimed at restructuring the economy to a more competitive and open market are to be enacted.

- All functions concerning Law enforcement, upholding the new Constitutional order, border and immigration, and all other internal affairs once handled by the now defunct Schutzstaffel are now the sole responsibility of the Ordenite Ministry of the Interior.

It will take a considerable amount of time to judge how these sweeping reforms will preform across the Ordenstaat. However it is for certain that the Ordenstaat and the Ordenite people are experiencing a new evolutionary stage of National Syndicalism. We are only a few steps away from the complete Utopia that was promised to us all during the reign of Isidor Mueller.

Other News:
- Full mobilization of the Armed Forces continues to support the Defense of Dietsland against the Kraven menace.
- The Ordenite Schutzstaffel officially disbanded and absorbed into the Ordenite Ministry of the Interior.
- The Staatskammer formed as new unicameral legislature body for the Ordenstaat.
IC Population: 22.714 billion
IC Nation Name(s): Greater Ordenite State(Official), Ordenite State(Unofficial)
Previously known as '"United World Order"
Condemned by the World Assembly, December 25th, 2018.

Agar-Na
Lobbyist

Founded: May 04, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Agar-Na » Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Petition for Constitutional Changes Advances
First to Clear Popular Assembly Since 1999

The Popular Assembly has forwarded to Prime Minister Bezalel Shapira a petition for constitutional amendment for the consideration of Prince Harold II. The final vote of the Assembly was lopsided, with all Liberals and independents approving, as well as all but four Monarchists. The provisions had been the product of six months of intense negotiation among the parties, and frequent consultation with the Supreme Court and members of the Royal Council. Prime Minister Shapria will formally receive the proposal today, and pass along his recommendations to Prince Harold within thirty business days, along with his notes. Discussion in the Popular Assembly began with a review by Liberal and independent members of noble prerogatives, and after much discussion the constraints on princely rights were largely dropped, mollifying moderate Monarchists. In the final product five provisions restricting noble privileges were teamed with three clauses devolving power to the wider populace at the local level. Prior the final vote, leadership in both parties felt that the document would be acceptable to the Palace.

The first provision removes the property tax exemption of nobles below the ducal level. This has long been a bone of contention between lords, lower lords and counts on the one hand, and free cities and public universities on the other. The free cities and public universities have viewed this privilege as a financial burden, forcing them to find funding elsewhere, and putting them at a competitive disadvantage compared to the larger cities. Blunting calls from left leaning independents for affirmative action in favor of commoners, all noble prerogatives in the military below the princely level would be eliminated. Some in the army also view these prerogatives as negative in terms of developing and maintaining an efficient officer corps. Land title registration would become uniform across The Principality by a provision requiring conversion of all Royal Land Grants to Freehold Deeds over a period of five years. Some Monarchists objected to this move on the basis that it would open up land ownership to foreign interests, but the counter argument that the economy was moving forward under Macabbean investment and Eitoan management carried the day. All royal and noble primary watershed and mineral rights are to be struck down. This too was a stumbling point for some Monarchists, but again was viewed as an obstacle to economic development. Under the petition all noble privileges at Royal universities would end. This was seen largely as an acknowledgement of the decline of this privilege in the last forty years. The extension of power to the voting public is advanced under the clause requiring popular election of all judges and magistrates for cities and towns. Judicial appointments would remain in ducal hands at the higher court level and in rural areas, and Supreme Court appointments would remain with the prince. The right of petition will be permitted at the municipal and township level, a move toward democracy more in line with the more advanced countries in the region. Finally, and significantly liability in civil cases may only be determined in a court of law. This is the case in half of the duchies but is finally to be established in the constitution.

Prime Minister Shapira has remained silent throughout the debate in the Popular Assembly, normal behavior per tradition. Although he has in the past hailed the extension of the franchise and advance of civil rights, the Prime Minister is aware of the importance of Monarchist support and is sensitive to the party’s opinions. The Prime Minister is also wary of weighing in on major issues at this time, with the likely indictment of his predecessor, Ek-Yi for collaboration with Ralkovian forces during their occupation of The Principality. A vigorous defense of Mr. Ek-Yi may exacerbate intercommunity tensions as a long trial ex expected. The Cabinet has from time to time weighed in on the Writ of Petition, sometimes splitting along party lines. Lord Attorney Genera Vincent Ciernik has been thought to mute some of the more extreme republican leaning proposals in line with the Monarchist Party. Liberal Oliver Biskup, the Minister of Finance is seen as framing the provisions as beneficial to economic growth. He has been fairly quiet on the issue, preferring to work behind the scenes, but has rallied support for the reforms in the business community. Mr. Biskup is unavailable for comment, out of the country for talks in Fedala and Macabbea. Liberal and independent discontent with the Lord Attorney General has been voiced at the local level and in the academy, with some calling for his replacement by Judge Jonas Dobrodovsky, citing his performance in the Ice States war crimes trials, and his reputation for fairness in the wake of The Ralkovian War.

Failed Proposals

A number of proposed amendments were deleted from the Writ of Petition in the legislative give and take. The contentious issue of devolution of power to ethnic communities was removed. The first proposal was the establishment of Community Councils for the Agarese, Pachnoukit, Ralkoviak and Eitoman ethnicities. As the major coastal cities become more cosmopolitan, this arrangement could be difficult to implement in the fastest growing areas of The Principalities. The proposal was removed primarily in the wake of disagreement about designation of an individual’s ethnicity, as well as concern about the status of unnaturalized Ralkovian immigrants and those of mixed parentage. It was also thought that the proposal would exacerbate the discussion surrounding the advance of Dienstadi in public education at the expense of Ralkovian, which is still the semi-official language of law and at The Palace. The proposal for the Community Councils to advise The Prince ran into the constitutional problem of supplanting the role of the Prime Minister, as well as the Royal Council and Popular Assembly. A less controversial proposal, the assignment of the police function at the township level was seen by all parties best left to the duchies. The proposals were also seen as possibly reigniting divisions between the Ralkoviak and Eitoman communities during the upcoming Ek-Yi trial.

Monarchist initiatives for elevation of The Prince to kingly status were also removed. Although the reasoning behind it, the overthrow of the Raskov dynasty is popular nationwide, actual elevation to the kingdom could open discussion to republican proposals, which neither the Liberals or Monarchists welcome. Monarchists made a strong case that declaring the House of Fragev as kingly in its own right would erase the family’s history as a Raskov retainer, which found support across the board. Some independent assemblymen then speculated about the need or legitimacy of any monarch, causing Liberals and Monarchists alike to back away from any change at The Palace. Additionally, some on the Royal Council noted the change to the monarchy without similarly confirming noble rights would leave the dukes, counts, lords and lower lords in a constitutional limbo.
Last edited by Agar-Na on Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Marshite Alliance for a Free Tupenga » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:35 am

Voting Begins as Tupenga Decides its Future

Tupenga - The nation of Tupenga has embarked on its long-awaited electoral process today, as citizens across the country exercise their democratic right to cast their votes. However, concerns over security and allegations of political bias have cast a shadow over the election, prompting the State Elections Board to take precautionary measures.

Of the 28 districts in Tupenga, reports indicate that 17 districts have reported good or acceptable levels of security leading up to the election. Unfortunately, the remaining 11 districts, mostly located in the northern region, have encountered significant challenges in ensuring election security. Particularly, the districts of Tusana and Relianga have reported severe staffing issues, raising alarms ahead of the voting process. Acknowledging these concerns, the State Elections Board has taken steps to address the issue. A deal has been struck to chain the voting process, starting from the more secure districts and gradually moving towards the less secure ones. This strategic approach will allow security measures and observers to thoroughly analyze the conditions and voting procedures in the 11 districts facing security challenges.

As voting commences across the nation, election officials, security forces, and independent observers are closely monitoring the process to ensure its integrity. The chain voting approach in the 11 districts facing security challenges will provide valuable insights into the conditions on the ground, allowing the authorities to address any issues promptly. Mistress-Commander of the Tupengan Crusade Selaria Unchaka has deployed forces to the north, but only under the condition that State Elections Board officials have authorized representatives involved to ensure there are no allegations of Marshite interference. They are joined by a cadre of international observers who are integrating into the process.

Update: Communist Party Members Lead in Tupenga's Election, MAFT Candidate Trails

The first day of voting in Tupenga's highly anticipated election has already come to a close, revealing a surprising early lead for two communist-aligned candidates. As the electoral process continues, political dynamics are shaping up, with the primary MAFT candidate trailing behind while a host of other candidates are far-off.

Initial results indicate that Radical Revolutionary Front of Tupenga candidate Jata Luigeson and Creoloso People's Party member Suhuba Onobanjo are doing well, with their socio-economic policies appealing to the majority of Tupengans in the southern part of the country. The differences between them- the RRFT promotes an aggressively insular economic and foreign policy, while the CPP believes in international coalition and the promotion of socialism.

In contrast, MAFT candidate Nadira Zakia finds herself in a challenging position, trailing behind the communist party members. The outcome has generated concern among MAFT supporters, who had hoped for a stronger performance in the early stages of the election. Nadira now faces the task of regaining momentum and rallying support as the election progresses. Analysts say that while she is currently trailing significantly, results will change as the less communist-aligned areas started to have their votes roll in.

As the second day of voting approaches, the State Elections Board will closely monitor the electoral proceedings, ensuring transparency, fairness, and the security of the ballot. Observers and election officials will continue their vigilant efforts to maintain the integrity of the election, addressing any issues or irregularities that may arise.

The results thus far have generated both excitement and speculation among the citizens of Tupenga. The upcoming days will witness intense campaigning efforts as candidates strive to secure their positions or gain ground in the electoral race. The electorate, meanwhile, eagerly awaits the final outcome, aware of the potential impact it will have on the future trajectory of the nation.

It remains to be seen how the voting patterns will evolve and whether the communist party candidates can maintain their early lead. As the election progresses, the MAFT candidate and other party candidates have an opportunity to reinvigorate their campaigns and appeal to a broader base of voters. The coming days will undoubtedly be crucial for all candidates as they seek to sway public opinion and solidify their positions in the race for political office.

The nation's attention remains fixated on the ongoing electoral proceedings, as Tupenga's democratic future hangs in the balance. The coming days will be critical in determining the course of the nation as voters continue to exercise their right to shape the destiny of their country through the ballot box, after years of having it dictated by colonial masters and gunfire.

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:45 am

TOURISTS LEFT HORRIFIED AFTER RESTAURANT FEEDS THEM THEIR OWN PET

25th June 2023
ImageImageImageImage

HUKARERE PREFECTURE
Two foreign tourists have been left 'horrified' after a restaurant in rural Hukarere Prefecture served them a meal made from their own pet dog.

Mr. Muggles (pictured) was accidentally served as a meal due to a misunderstanding between a restaurant and two foreign tourists

The tourists, who did not wish to divulge their names or nationality publicly, arrived in Tangatarehua a week ago with their pet pug dog 'Mr. Muggles' to tour Rangiwhero and Motumakariri during the Hakari o te Takurua [winter solstice] festival.

The couple, who decided they wanted to travel "off the grid" and away from Tangatarehua's main cities, drove to the small village of Parawakore, located in rural Hukarere Prefecture, around 100km south of Wharekorana.

While in the village they stopped into a restaurant which featured a sign in English, 'Dog friendly'.

"We assumed this meant what it said - that this was the kind of restaurant that owners could take their dog into," said one of the tourists. "We could hear the sound of dogs out back too, so we thought Mr. Muggles would be safe here. We never anticipated that the sign was actually the name of the restaurant, and that the name was actually broken English or a description of the main item on the menu."

The couple admitted that the language barrier was a problem, as few people in rural Tangatarehua know basic English and they were reliant on apps to communicate with staff.

Mr. Muggles was taken to the back room by one of the staff and never seen again, until the waiters returned with a traditional meal of 'Kai Kuri' - which the couple only later learned was dog. Specifically, theirs.

The scale of the mistake was only discovered at the end, after the couple had unwittingly eaten their beloved pet.

"The foreigners came in and asked us in English to 'take care of' their dog," said head chef Hemi Huriwai. "I know that in English they use a lot of euphemisms and that their expressions often aren't literal. The app on my phone said that 'take care of' is an English euphemism for 'kill' and so I thought they had brought a dog that they wished to eat.

"I will admit it did seem strange as the dog was very small, but I assumed that perhaps it was a particularly succulent breed or a foreign variant of Kai Kuri."

Dogs are not typically kept as pets in Tangatarehua as they are classified as a type of dangerous animal, however they are sometimes used on farms or as a traditional food source. In foreign nations, dogs are a common pet as they are alleged in western cultures to be affectionate and intelligent animals.

"I think the worst part of this whole ordeal was that, actually, it was one of the best meals I ever ate," said one of the tourists. "Before I knew who and what the meat was, I have to admit I've never tasted anything quite like it!"

The restaurant has offered the tourists a full refund for their meal.

18 March 2024

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents