NATION

PASSWORD

Greater Díenstad News Feed

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Phibeta
Envoy

Founded: Nov 02, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Phibeta » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:38 pm

Phibeta’s Royal Navy At Sea, Defending Its Citizens And Its Trade Routes

Central GD is not what it used to be. Tension continues to stir in the region, pressure that has not been seen since the early 20th century. Like all significant things, it all started with something seemingly insignificant. A treaty between the Golden Throne, The Macabees, and The Ice States has been ratified, which has angered most nations around the Central region, issuing a few blockades and sanctions from other nations in the region, including Greater Ordena. The issue with the situation dates to an institution that was a catalyst for a war between Phibeta and Abetton (a continuation of a war between Abetton and Katase). This institution is slavery. An institution that has been outlawed in Phibeta since 1833, it is truly in the eyes of Phibetan citizens and Cardinal believers a disgusting, degradable, dehumanizing institution that has no place in modern society, and yet the Ice States and Greater Ordena continue this practice to this day. In fact, Greater Ordena has called hypocrisy on the Golden Thrones’ part as they condemned the Reich for abuses of human rights.

There is a debate in parliament among prominent politicians on whether or not to get involved in this affair. Phibeta has always pushed for a foreign policy against slavery, but by the late 20th century, or the final years of the empire, it was a policy that has died down to almost nothing. But recent developments have proven that our inactivity in protecting free trade and human rights has stagnated. Some would rather not get involved in a far-off area of the region, others want to join the condemnation and blockade of the Ice States, and then there are those who would want to condemn both sides for practicing slavery.

“Human rights is once again threatened by powers who continue to enslave,” says Conservative MP Eric Fredrichson for Barcombe. “We must once again call action against the Ice States, if not both them and Greater Ordena. No nation that continues the institution of slavery should be allowed to exist!” Other MPs, mainly the Nationalists, have voiced different concerns.

“The reason this was allowed to happen was that we lost dominance of the seas!” says the leader of the Nationalists, Clifford Sellers, MP for Mondola. “Our Royal Navy is underfunded and undersupplied! We must assert our dominance over others, a war is plausible between the two barbaric slave nations. I want war with those evil barbarians. We can get concessions of territory and power over those [REDACTED]”.

"Perhaps the right decision is to not get involved at all," says Labour MP Cora Powell from Faerieheaven. "After all it shouldn't seem to be our concern at the moment. It is just another part of the region in termoil. It will all blow over peacefully. Besides, no one wants a prolonged war that is far from our fair homes".

The parliament has been convened to determine the course of action of this island nation. We won’t know for sure what will happen, but it is certain that events are sure to rock the Central GD Region for the worse.

Richard Boston, head-editor for The Weston Mail

GOOD EATING: The Salty Badger

Submitted by: Louie Taylor, Restaurant Critic for The Weston Mail

Wild game restaurants are hard to please for most people. Both regular people and foodies are more familiar with meats like pork, beef, mutton, chicken, and fish. But the Salty Badger seems to be one of the few restaurants that do it right in this critic’s opinion.

The Salty Badger is a passion of Chef John Billings, an accountant for the city of Farthing. It is his firm belief that the wild game of the past can transform our modern pallets into something strange and interesting. These meats include pheasant, venison, rabbit, pigeon, duck, and goose, including all the other regular meats on option. All of these are legal for hunting by game hunters hired by the restaurant, as of the Game Act of 1821. These meats are cleaned thoroughly, the bullet taken out of where it was shot, and kept in the freezers until needed.

As for my dinner experience. First I ordered the first course of mock turtle soup, vegetable salad, and rosewater wine. This mock turtle soup was made with the brains and organs of the calf that was shot in the wild, which seems disgusting, and believe me, the texture did put me off, but the flavors of this symphony of a soup made the experience all better. A rich, smooth, and creamy taste blends well together.

Next up, Pigeon Pie and Rabbit Curry. Pigeon pie hasn’t seen prominence since the time of rationing during the Second Great War, a time of great austerity. But the way the chef made this pie! The crust was flaky and buttery, and the pie filling of pigeons, their eggs and their house gravy, it was a savory delight that compares to the Beef Ridderton (OOC NOTE: Equivalent to Beef Wellington). And served with the rabbit curry, a savory side dish with a kick of spice that makes the experience so exotic.

Lastly was a traditional bread and butter pudding with homemade vanilla custard, produced from wild cows. The custard itself was twice as sweet as the regular custards produced for our own supermarkets, and it compliments well with the pudding served. A sweet end to a fabulous dinner.

Wild game, though not popular among the regular folks, is a savory delight when done right, and the Salty Badger is one of those restaurants that has done well. I expect good things of this restaurant in the future.

Prince Alfred, Duke of Willmington, Baron of Billington, KC, GCPE, GCWO, Vice Admiral in The Royal Navy, and his companion Mr. Leonardo Torrance

The Scoop on The Most Mysterious Royal, Prince Alfred, Duke of Willmington

Prince Alfred, The Duke of Willmington (Alfred Aaron Charles Elias Brisdor) is one of the most mysterious members of Phibeta’s royal family, The House of Brisdor. Not much is known about his personal life, as he has shined away from the limelight unlike other members of the royal family. What we do know is public information. Prince Alfred is the third younger brother of Queen Diane II, the fourth child of the late King Clarence V. Born in 1973, he grew up in Kensington Palace like all of his other siblings. His secondary school years was when he shined, attending the private boarding school of Farrage School where he was made captain of the football team. He studied abroad in Cartoonia at The Cartoon University of Milteu in the 1980s with a bachelor's degree in history. In 1985, he was enlisted in the Royal Navy where he underwent pilot training, and just in time for the Gilligan Isles War of 1987 where he served aboard the aircraft carrier HMS King Yohannes.

Upon his return home from tour, he was stationed at RNAS Kingsly as an instructor to incoming pilots. He was even the aide-de-camp for Queen Diane II for a while. In 2001, he retired from active service, but throughout the years, he has been made honorary captain, rear admiral, and eventually Vice Admiral. He spends most of his time looking over his domain as Duke of Wilmington at Sandhurst Castle.

We were able to get an exclusive interview with the prince himself at his estate in Wilmington. When asked why he doesn’t greet with his people unless it is a royal affair, he responds saying “I spend most of my time out at sea on my yacht. I am a sailor and a man of the sea. I don’t usually stay in Phibeta unless at a highly public function involving the royal family”.

When asked about his political views, he answered “I won’t publicly say, but I have great sympathies with the Nationalists and Imperialists. Phibeta was a lot better when we ruled the seas as the great empire. We should return to those old times as soon as we can”.

When asked of his friends, he answered, “I am good friends with billionaire director of the Anglica Maritime Navigation Company, Mr. Leonardo Torrance, who I frequently take tea, either at Sandhurst Castle, or on board one of his merchant vessels. In fact, I often travel with Mr. Torrance on the many voyages to Xofrautan. I often purchase some goods as well, take some off of him”.

Well, you heard it from the royal mouth himself, a life at sea, a national imperialist, and friends with one of the largest shipping conglomerates in Phibeta. An interesting story, of one of the most interesting royals of Phibetta.

Sir Nigel Lemprey, royal correspondent for The Weston Mail

Other headlines

Nationalist Party Backs Right-Winged Newspaper. Politicians Worry For Nationalist Propaganda

Phibetan Petroleum Company Promises To Increase Production On Oil And Petroleum Products To Fight Increasing Fuel Prices

HM Government Sides With Ally Cartoonia In Matters of GDRC Reform

Presenting Truth to Promote The Glory and Power of Phibeta. Backed by the glorious Nationalist Party of Phibeta.

--Mondola, Aug 31, 2022--

The Truth About AHSCA. As Poor As Xofrautan!

A Poor orphan of AHSCA, barely scraping by (Artist Rendition)

WRITTEN BY: George Wendell, Economic Professor at The University of Laxony

We Phibetans are wealthy and industrialized, more so beyond compare to other nations in Greater Dienstad. We are number one in everything and our culture reflects on that. There are nations that are extremely poor in wealth and prosperity. I refer to the chain of Islands in the South Seas, AHSCA. A strange name for a strange little nation, and one that makes absolutely no sense. But it is a matter of importance in this article, for Phibetan tourists to travel down to the poor little islands on vacations every year. What Phibetans do not know is that these people are very poor and uneducated. This article will help prove this, and explain how Phibetan Nationals can do to help.

Their economy they say is pretty strong in agriculture, fishing, and tourism. But we all know that this information is fabricated by leftists who wish to make their dire situation better. We know the truth as supported by the honest and noble Nationalist Party. We all know that agriculture and fishing is a poor choice in exportation, as all good and strong nations have their own sectors in agriculture and fishing. Phibeta is one of the strongest by far. We grow many crops all over our island home, and we, the inventors of fish and chips, take great pride in our fishing industry. We make more in arms and transport production, gold mining, and our own tourism industry, produced by our dear royal family, make more in a year then what those islanders make in a month.

Their infrastructure, if you call any of it, must include huts, huts, and more huts. Huts that have no electricity, no fireplace, no running water. I am most surprised that there aren’t any large reports of the death of children who live in such unsanitary conditions. I am willing to place my bet this palace that the duchess lives is just one big hut, nothing but a hammock and what little possessions she has. I even bet their congress, their legislature, is not even in a building, but rather outside in the elements with no protection.

Their diet only includes fish, rice, and fruits and vegetables. This of course is not a nutritious diet. There is no other protein that builds no muscle in children. No sweets either, which children may never experience. Judging by the living conditions of their little huts, the people of AHSCA must be severely malnourished. It is also a mystery why these reports of malnutrition are not reported.

As for their society, it is most scandalous. Did you know that there are some states on that island that allow people to walk around with nothing proper to wear!? The shock I had when I learned of this, I thought I died and went to Hell. Of course, we must understand, that these poor souls must not have enough money to afford decent and modest clothes. They are constantly exposed to the hot sun, with nothing to protect them from the elements. This leads to a part of filthiness that proud Phibetans would not tolerate.

After all that, there must be a reason for this poverty, and it is because of their history that God has decided to punish these infidels into poverty. They were once a loose union with no ties, no economic interests, and nothing to spur nationalism, not even the religious cause of Madokamism, a heathen religion compared to our Cardinal Heroes. The Aurora Empire was once a force in the area to be worked with, a growing industrious micronation. Corona Island was a backwater third-world country in Aurora’s backyard. That was until Stevid, an industrious but barbaric nation, attacked for imperial glory, which united the two and a bloody war was fought. Stevid lost and AHSCA was thrown into spirling poverty. If our dear, most gracious queen didn’t step in with royal but flimsy foreign aid and recognition, we would have stepped on our own against Stevid and claimed the islands for ourselves. As a result of this, orphans wander the island, hungry, exposed, filthy. I said that the duchess lives in a hut with all the poor infrastructure, but I am willing to bet that she lives high and mighty while the populous suffers, just like in our former Raj of Xofrautan. I bet their military is nothing but mere sticks and stones compared to our modern military

There is a solution to this, barbaric, poor little nation, and that is what we call Phibetan Interventionalism. We provide them financing, industry, and military protection and all we ask is their subserbiance to the Great Phibetan Empire, one that many claim is gone but is slowly rising up. They will be under our industrious, moral empire whether they like it or not, and they will be better off for it.

I am George Wendell, Economic Professor at The University of Laxony, for the Nationalist Bulletin.

Approved by The Nationalist Party
£1.50
Last edited by Phibeta on Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Queen Diane II
Prime Minister Douglas Sousa
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop
The Grand Kingdom of Phibeta
Conquérants Du Monde
National Anthem: Land of Hope and Glory
Capitol: Weston
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2021
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:30 am

FUEL SHORTAGES, REGIONAL TENSIONS, PUSH TANGATAREHUA INTO 'TECHNICAL RECESSION'

2nd September 2022
ImageImageImageImage

TAMAKI
Economists from the Rahui Emepaea [Imperial Reserve] have warned that Tangatarehua is likely to enter a 'technical recession', caused by record inflation, fuel shortages and regional tensions.

Regional tensions in central Greater Dienstad are leading to massive fuel shortages in Tangatarehua

While unemployment remains low and Real GDP growth continues, high inflation means that Tangatarehua's PPP adjusted GDP has in fact fallen over the last two quarters, meaning that the country is technically in a recession.

The impact of the recent pandemic remains a major factor, with the nation's tourism industry still struggling to recover six months after Tangatarehua reopened its borders. Tangatarehua is not alone in facing this challenge, with AHSCA our nearest neighbour facing similar challenges for similar reasons. Economists say that if the trend continues inflation could get worse because tourism remains the nation's largest source of foreign currency.

The growing conflict in central Greater Dienstad is considered the more pressing cause of the nation's economic woes, with supply lines affected - most notably hampering imports of crude oil and refined petroleum.

Fuel prices hit over 800 Kohatus per litre (US$3.50) this week and the government is reportedly considering rationing fuel due to long lines at the pump with many stations reportedly forced to close after running out of fuel.

"I wish to strongly encourage Rehuans to limit fuel usage as much as possible and indeed to only drive your cars when strictly necessary. Please consider walking, biking or public transport as alternatives," Said Prime Minister Ngaire Roimati. "However I am anticipating that the fuel crisis will ease by October as we are finalising new sources of imported fuel and new supply routes."

Tangatarehua is likely to look to Phibeta as a new source for petroleum products after the Phibetan Petroleum Company announced plans to increase petroleum production, while other sources outside of Greater Dienstad remain on the table.

Some politicians have raised fears that a technical recession in conjunction with high inflation could lead to "stagflation", however Imperial Reserve governor Maata Waimarie has stated that despite the current difficulties, the long-term outlook is actually optimistic.

"As long as unemployment remains low, as it currently is, and wage growth remains high we will likely weather this storm. We are facing extraordinary circumstances and as soon as supply issues are righted then we will likely see inflation fall and economic growth rise. However this could take up to two years."

© 2022 Tangatarehua Ao All Rights Reserved.
Tangatarehua Ao is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About Tangatarehua Ao | Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us | Te Reo Maori version
The Empire of Tangatarehua/Te Rangatiratanga o Tangatarehua
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007

Postby Holy Marsh » Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Mixed Response to the Mer'cia Extrema?

Mar'si, Holy Marsh, Romani-Mar'si Union- Reaction from inside the Theocracy among the faithful was muted and mixed, as has been the case with a great many other events recently. The Mer'cia Extrema is one of the most unusual declarations an Arch-Bishop can make and there remains a steady stream of doubt as to the true intentions of the Ice States. The Mer'cia Extrema was offered very quickly, a fact that caught several off-guard- usually it requires a multitude of actions justifying it. Offering it as quickly as it has happened is seen by many as the Arch-Bishop extending on olve branch not only to nations such as the Ice States, but others who are seeking to move on from egregious sins. The Church's normal modus operandi has been to punish the sinner until the sinner in question has been cleansed of the sin through punishment; with slavery, that usually ended in destruction. Now, it appears the Church has embraced the words of seventh prophet Aldini Stairsku, who called for forgiveness of his enemies even as he was being killed by the Testein tribes of the Hitlions.

Despite the mixed response, the overwhelming majority believe that it is a case of their own inability to see the same as the Arch-Bishop, Blessed She Be, and the Foreign Relations Department is already said to be vetting individuals for overseas work.

Nationalist Paper Threatens AHSCA, Provokes Response

Khaska, Holy Marsh, Romani-Mar'si Union- During a recent discussion-hour on Marshite broadcasting, Sister-General Alfera Ahnbat took issue with a recent news story being promoted by a new nationalist newspaper out of Phibeta. The story, penned by a low-ranking economics professor, parroted a number of lies common to insulting narratives crafted by foes of Marshite ally AHSCA. While its numerous self-aggrandizing were the subject of comedy to readers, and its various lies bewildering to anyone with a sense of truth, it was the not-so-veiled threat that lay at the end of the article when the author laid out his case for absorbing AHSCA into a so-called empire.

"The nationalist party and the rag they call a newspaper is by no means an accurate crystalization of the foreign policy agenda of Phibeta. With that being said, it is important to clamp down on any such talk quickly, lest decision-making become skewed due to faulty facts. AHSCA is an ally of the Theocratic Matriarchy. We are invested as good friends in its well-being. It is as it desires to be, without the many lies and falsities published, and it is protected as such by Marshite military strength. Any so-called intervention would be corrected, and swiftly," The Sister-General stated. Marshite forces played a pivotal role in the military eviction of Stevidian military forces in the late 1990s (by international dating) and also helped in post-war security and construction. While it does not currently station forces in the area, the friendly relations the two nations share and the large population of Marshites in AHSCA would necessitate a swift defense should threats be presented.

"It is sadly common for nationalist parties the world over to completely disregard facts as they exist for the sake of developing an internal narrative that appeals to the foolish and disenfranchised. AHSCA has a great many allies who would not be fooled by the aims of such an operation, and the nationalist party must be careful to understand what it courts with such talk. Is it truly patriotic and loving of one's nation to court existential threat from others in the region?" The Sister-General continued. "Of course, we are more than aware that Phibeta as a modern nation-state is home to a great many political parties and this is just one of them, and not reflective of the true national gestalt or government policy. We hope they do a better job of keeping such inflammatory language well-heeled."

Public Official Staffing Review Begins

Mar'si, Holy Marsh, Romani-Mar'si Union- The Matriarchy has announced it will soon review many of its officials to adhere to a recent internal agreement between the Favored Shrines for better representation of currently under-represented Shrines in foreign diplomatic positions, as well as businesses such as Covenant Arms and Covenant Security Concerns. "The machinery of the Church in these affairs has been slow, as such affairs are historically newer to it than other posts. In any case, the announcement of new blood is very exciting and we look forward to integration in more visible positions," stated new First Claw Sabastian Trudacan, a rumored candidate in the past Arch-Bishop election. While the exact specifics have not been unveiled, speculation abounds that the Female Shrine, Non-Human Shrine, Experience Shrine, and Science Shrine will soon have the majority of such positions.

This process is not unusual on its face. The Arch-Bishop routinely reviews many of these positions and adjusts them to reflect new policies as well as religious developments. It isn't unheard of for ambassadorial staff at an Embassy to contain several candidates for the position and for them to change to reflect the will of the Arch-Bishop as well as other developments inside of Holy Marsh. The only really new development is that the current review has been prompted by the Favored Shrines, who are using their newfound status to create a more organized diplomatic front.

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:54 pm

EMPEROR PROMOTES RELATIONSHIP BUILDING PROGRAM WITH AHSCA
The Imperial Bureaucracy will subsidize plane tickets and hotel costs to promote more tourism to AHSCA.

Krasnovan airliner at Jonak-Datosk International Airfield, in Jonaksburg, Krasnova.

MACABEA ⁠— His Imperial Majesty Fedor I announced, through a written directive issued online and to the federal constituent governments, a Ŗ50 billion program that sponsors long-distance travel to AHSCA. The program targets the Festival of the Holy Lights, but will extend beyond the length of that festival. An expectation of a minimum of 10 million additional travelers to AHSCA throughout the rest of the year has been set by an impact analysis commissioned by the Imperial Bureaucracy.

The Imperial Bureaucracy will help cover tickets, hotel bookings, and other significant travel costs in an effort to stimulate demand for travel to the far southeastern Greater Díenstadi state. These incentives are provided in a mixed bag of tax deductions, direct subsidies to the consumer through rebate programs, and other targeted policies that mostly seek to inject government dollars at the exact moment of the purchase. While travel expenses to AHSCA are expected to rise as a result of a sudden increase in demand, the Imperial Bureaucracy is hopeful that airlines will respond by increasing their own supply and therefore ideally counterbalance any demand-side inflation on things like airplane ticket prices. However, a very limited number of government dollars will flow to companies directly on the supply side.

An exception to the general paucity of supply-side incentives is a small program in favor of Transaer. Transaer is the last surviving Indran mainline aircraft airline since the island's partition between the Golden Throne and Lamoni. Because Indras is the closest imperial international airport to AHSCA, Transaer's hub in Vasozia is expected to see a significant increase in air travel into and out of Fedor International Airport (FDI). A small tax subsidy program is done through a loophole in the updated tax code that targets the geographic area of Indras, which will most immediately impact Transaer. The loophole rewards airliners that expand the number of flights from Vasozia to AHSCA. The most important impact expected by the government is an alleviation of any bottleneck of air traffic from the rest of the Golden Throne through Vasozia to AHSCA.

The program primarily targets individuals with business interests in AHSCA, although it subsidizes the travel of family members as well. However, there are additional layers of subsidies to people in the territories, satrapies, and free cities, which means that those outside the provinces enjoy greater funding for travel to AHSCA. This part of the new program is controversial, especially among provincials who for a long time have seen themselves as the rightful benefactors of the spoils of the empire.

According to Robert Grewan, a public policy analyst at the Urgel-Larox Institute in Fedala, the government's disproportionate fiscal aid to non-provincial travelers is a deliberate pacification policy. Dr. Grewan argues that this program is much like the military recruitment drives in that they seek to remove predominately male local populations and expose them to experiences that create an imperial culture that transcends local nationalisms.

It is true that one of the program's explicit features is to expose the people of the empire to cultures and worlds beyond their own. Most Panoolies, for example, have never seen the world outside their county, or even village. The same is true for most Indrans, Nicaroans, Zarbians, and others like them who have only recently been lifted from the poverty and hunger of political chaos. To them, this program is an opportunity to experience something new. For an empire suffering the burdens of multiple insurgencies, it is sensible that it seeks to extend a carrot in the hope of having to avoid using the stick. Perhaps extending to the previously excluded classes the bourgeois comforts promised by imperial assimilation will be elixir enough to calm the waters in provinces where they are disturbed.

Officials argue that the disproportionate funding of non-provincial travel has more to do with the logic of regression. Because provincials are, on average, richer than territorials, they need less help from the government. Or, so the government says. Others, like economist Mika Daams at the Karolan Institute of Economics in Beda Fromm, say that if the intention of the program to is to drum up long-term business opportunities between the Golden Throne and AHSCA then provincials have more money to spend and invest, and so should be favored.

Aside from winners and losers within the Golden Throne, there is more to the program than just domestic politics. AHSCA media has pointed to war and trade tension in central Greater Díenstad as major reasons driving a slowdown in tourism to their country. It is true that central Greater Díenstad has been impacted by war as recently as the Second Macabéan-Ordenite War, which saw major closures to commercial sea lanes around the Killian Republic, New Empire, and Krasnova, but since the armistice between the two countries commercial conditions have improved significantly.

There is no doubt that the Imperial Bureaucracy seeks to promote commercial activity in an effort to restore its tax revenues and treasury, as it pays down debts accumulated over the last fifteen years. Painting conditions in the area as tranquil and friendly to trade and travel in fact stimulated the Golden Throne's aggressive response to the FRCP's boarding and inspection of imperial trade ships. It equally hopes to persuade trade partners that the war in the Sea of Faith is not just contained, but coming to a fast conclusion brokered by a Golden Throne committed to free trade and prosperity.

What better way of portraying central Greater Díenstad as stable and rich than for the Golden Throne to put Ŗ50 billion toward sending people to a distant country like AHSCA? The directive's language speaks to the empire's goodwill towards its peaceful neighbors. It reads, "His Imperial Majesty Fedor I is invested in the prosperity and welfare of Greater Díenstad as a region. If the Second Empire of the Golden Throne is to grow, drive forward, and reach new heights, it must do so in arms and with the support of those around it. There is a belief in the far southeast that the region's center is unstable and severely impacted by war, trade disputes, and political tension. We hope to dispel that myth by proving that central Greater Díenstad can offer countries like AHSCA more economic opportunities than ever before. This is the time to more fully integrate our economies and expand the well-being of our people together."

Whether the program will have the desired effect on air travel or successfully promotes trade and investment remains to be seen. It nevertheless is a bold policy move by an Imperial Bureaucracy intent on building its diplomatic and commercial network in the region, as the cold war with the Reich goes on and situations like those surrounding the FRCP and TIS show that it will take a serious commitment to maintaining freedom of commerce on the high seas.
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:06 pm

Foreign Minister Elizabeth Franshaw-Serain releases statement, reaffirms alliance between PUF and AHSCA, warns against imperialism.

"While the Federation may often behave as siblings who disagree over domestic policies, there are a few international policies we will always stand united on. One of those is the protection and support of The United Island States of AHSCA.

Even before the founding of our Federation, Aqua Anu was a friend to AHSCA. They fought alongside the islands against Stevidian invaders, supporting their founding and growth. The same could be said of our newest member, Motokata. The Mokan nations, in their earliest days of unification, developed close relations with the United Island States, and even now their Duchess is the descendant of one of our nation's heroes, and one of my predecessors, Charles Villa. Wellovia, by simple proximity, had been a trade partner of the islands and has developed its own unique relationship with the islands.

The imperialist rhetoric spouted by a Phibetan tabloid may not be the official policy of their nation, but the Federation must question how much influence such beliefs have in their nation, and what level of relations the Federation would tolerate with such a nation.

Let us remind the world that many former colonies paid in blood for their freedom, and many are willing to stand united to do so again."

Additional Headlines:

Value of the Trabajoro rises due to increased oil prices, Federal government offers to increase oil exports

PUF offers to increase civilian flights to Aurora Naval Station from Wellovia, hope to support increased tourism

Military exercises in Motokata continue, coordination with Federal and Marshite forces.

Last edited by Mokastana on Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Greater Ordena
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Ordena » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:33 pm

Der Völker Beobachter
The People's Observer

The Eastern Dienstad cesspool and the subhuman crisis.

Written & Edited by: Gottfried Ritter von Epp

Berlina, Ordena - National Socialism has been at the heart of the Ordean Volksgenossen for almost an entire century and some could say that its been a way of life for the Ordean Race for much of history. The purity of Ordean blood and the National Socialist way of life are what have kept the Greater Ordenite Reich as one of the major powers in all of Dienstad. The dilution of the purity of ones race is what leads to decay and then utter collapse as a nation and as a people. Examples can be seen today in the neighboring Golden Throne an empire which has since the death of Jonak I gone down the road of decay as a people and as a nation. They allow their untermensch populations from which they rightfully conquered following the War of Golden Succession to spread and to grow unchecked. Embracing democracy and modernity which only serve as tools towards their empire's future collapse.

However they are only a piece of the problem our region and our people face in these turbulent times. Look no further than to Eastern Dienstad and marvel at what happens when nations allow these untermensch to go unchecked. Castillia at one point stood as a bulwark of National Socialism and at one point attempted to keep the hordes at bay. However these hordes proved to be too much for her and they subsequently bled her dry and now Castillia has undergone decay and once the untermenschen suck the rest of the life out of her, the once proud Castillian race will die. The People's Unified Federation of Mokastana is to blame for the cesspool that Eastern Dienstad has become as it's untermenschen tendrils have spread far and wide.

The other nations that call Eastern Dienstad home fair no better such as the Commenwealth of Morrdh which were born from tribes of savages that were brought to some form of civility when the Stevidians conquered them. They have faired no better since their independence from the Stevdian Crown and have resorted to returning to their savage roots and yet bestow upon themselves a right to royalty. The Lamonians fair no better having completely accepted the decadence democracy brings with it's ideals that seek to only dilute the blood. The rest of the South Eastern sea states face the same issue and are largely hot beds of untermenschen and degeneracy. Few remain that are of some purity such as the Swislandic in ASCHA, the Wellovians, what pure Castillians still remain, and the Afrikaaners in Wanderjar.

Resistance. This is the only way to save your respective nations and race and it must be through means of violence. Violence is the only language the untermenschen understand and therefore violence is what must be wrought upon them. Ordena during the period before the coming to power of Fuhrer Isidior Mueller had to fight tooth and nail in the streets against the untermenschen, the communists and those that sought only to sell our lands to the plutocrats. It is the responsibility of every man that is of purity and strength and honor to defend his home and his people, his race from these leaches. Your governments and politicians are not on your side and they do not answer to their own country men but to the plutocrats that pull their strings. It matters not how small in numbers you may be for Fuhrer Isidor Mueller was at one point the 7th member of the Ordenite Workers Party and would soon become the National Socialist Party of Ordena. Their ranks soon swelled into the hundreds of thousands in little time and then into the millions.

Eastern Dienstad is not the only geographical region plagued with untermenschen as in the West lie the same dire problem. It has become obvious that their are a certain peoples who look to deceive all nations in order to infiltrate and spread their backwards "faith" if one could call it such a thing. The Marshite, abhor them for they are the one who seek to destroy all. We can see it now in The Golden Throne in which they have been able to infiltrate it's leadership and poison the mind of it's so called "Sona Emperor" Fedor I. The Marshite have also become the masters of the now down trodden Ralkovians which is clear to see in the Federal Republic. Their will be a time where they must be confronted and their taint in this region must be eradicated, until then we can only hope to stay strong and abide by National Socialism.
IC Population: 22.714 billion
IC Nation Name(s): Greater Ordenite State(Official), Ordenite State(Unofficial)
Previously known as '"United World Order"
Condemned by the World Assembly, December 25th, 2018.

Abetton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Abetton » Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:55 pm

The Sauville Trumpet
-Since 1785-

Phibeta Nationalists Spark Chain Reaction in Regards to UIS

by: Jacob LaRuse

SAUVILLE - July and August have been marked by increased conflicts within the region of Greater Dienstad. Starting with the heated disagreements over The Golden Throne's newly formed relations with the Ice States, which lead to nations drawing their lines in the sand in regards by instigating trade and other economic sanctions, blockades and increasingly heated actions, such as a ship ramming. Here at home, other issues have garnered attention of Abetton citizens and the Government as a paper entitled The Nationalist Bulletin published a (presumed) open editorial written by George Wendell, Economic Professor at The University of Laxony about the United Island States of AHSCA, a relatively close neighbor to Abetton and a friendly but generally normal diplomatic nation with ties to the Kingdom. The editorial in question made many inflammatory and downright libelous statements about the developing nation, the state of its economy, government and society in general, along with attacks to the nation's own royal family, legislative body, known as Congress and general civilian population.

On it's own, such editorials might draw little more than a few groans and sighs, being written off as the ramblings of a narrow minded person with an axe to grind for seemingly no reason but what really drew a lot of attention and even more outrage beyond the UIS own sphere of allies was the loud call to action by the writer to potentially annex the UIS,

There is a solution to this, barbaric, poor little nation, and that is what we call Phibetan Interventionalism [sic]. We provide them financing, industry, and military protection and all we ask is their subserbiance [sic] to the Great Phibetan Empire, one that many claim is gone but is slowly rising up. They will be under our industrious, moral empire whether they like it or not, and they will be better off for it. Great Phibetan Empire,
. Short of a rallying cry of pure imperialism, the message drew plenty of ire at home and abroad.

On the popular social media platform PruCh.net, Her Young Royal Highness, Princess Peri Lisbeth Latimer, gave her own strongly worded condemnation towards the the editorial writer as well as an account to a named Parliamentarian RH Clifford Sellers whom celebrated the editorial and reinforced the notion of a Phibetan Empire. The Princess duly reminded of the history between the two Kingdoms, how Phibeta had waged war to stop Abetton's own imperial ambitions and ongoing practice of slavery in the mid-19th century. Hardly seemed like any minds were changed, the Young Royal Princess continued to post in stride further not letting the words get to her in the end.

According to The Weston Mail, The Nationalist Bulletin has seem to garner the support of Abetton's burgeoning Nationalist Party, which is eager to gain a significant size in Phibeta's Parliament in their upcoming elections soon. Because of this, this drew plenty of attention from nations within Greater Dienstad, prominently among AHSCA's closest allies, Holy Marsh and Mokastana each issuing condemnations of of the Nationalist's inflammatory remarks and showing no appreciation of the threats of imperialism at their ally's doorstep. Among the Crown's government at home, Her Royal Highness the Queen Ophelia Pica Latimer opened the House of Lords meeting by addressing the situation. "Words begin as words before they evolve to action. We cannot underestimate a fringe that is willing and capable of seizing power. The security of the United Island States affects the security of Abetton and the security of the Eastern and Southern Seas affects us all." Drawing a hardy agreement from most of the Chamber.

The Lower House of Parliament opened on a similar note with Speaker Sollow urging Abetton citizens to stand in support of their neighbor and to for the Phibetan people to denounce this far fringe from taking any kind of voice in their government. "Abetton was once blinded by a swell of national fervor and self-importance it lead to disaster with the Queen Beatrix leading us further to a road of terrible decisions. It could happen to us, it can happen to you."

His Royal Highness, King Latimer echoed the sentiments being said in the halls. "Minor or major, AHSCA has earned her independence and rightful sovereignty in the waters of Greater Dienstad. We will stand with her and her allies. My daughters, my wife and my son share and our Parliamentarians in this sentiment. Phibetans must do what they can to ensure the stability of their government ahead against those who will lead it down a path of destruction."

To little surprise, an editorial written for the abhorrent Der Völker Beobachter seemed to merrily join the Phibetan Nationalists racist rhetoric, calling out primarily the Eastern bloc of GD but seeming to not spare any punches throwing some attacks at the Western states as well, naming the same bloc of states as already mentioned in this article. All this as the Greater Dienstand Regional Council convenes Nova Orontes for the September conference, it seems safe to say this meeting could very well be a bumpy one as the UIS joins the council for the first time.

Other headlines

HRYRH & Trusty Steed to Visit Freelands in Goodwill Trip

Final Recommendations for PM to Head to King

Retrofit of S.S. Spirit of Sauville Complete

Rail Road Union Threatens Nationwide Strike If Airways Bill Moves

Darling of the Theater, Visits Phibeta

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:26 pm

F R E E • D Ì E N S T A D I • P R E S S

Is Castillian Culture In Crisis?
After the scathing critique of Castillian culture in Ordenite state media, experts present the realities of race and culture in the Castillian Federation
COMMENTARY | Jean Le Cheleau, Dean, Saulignac School of Government, National University of the Castillian Federation
Gisèle Guiddot, Adjunct Professor, Lepvraud College
Graziella Bordes, Director, Portarrieu Center for Migration Studies

PRESLAFF — The Castillian Federation as we know it today has its origins in two major events: the ending of the conquest of the petty kingdoms by Jean-Christophe in 1707 to found the Castillian Empire and the annexation of Castleclose in 2012 under the national socialist regime. Castillia, a nation whose culture is derived mostly from the descendants of the Gastian peoples that lived north of the ancient Viridian empire, has long been known in Greater Dienstad as the home of chouquettes, chocolat éclairs, avant-garde revolutionary cinema, Castillian cigarettes, and thousands of more cultural contributions to global society. Despite many prevalent problems such as a current recession, poverty in its insular areas, organized crime, and more, Castillia is often pictured as beautiful picturesque, economically developed nation filled with happy people. It is a leading rival in space to the Morridanes and their CCA, among one of the largest economies in Greater Dienstad, and is recognized as a competent blue-water naval power able to project power across all of the region. It is not a perfect state, but it is highly desirable for many who come from far off war-torn landscapes.

This week, Ordenite state media decried the fate of the Castillian Federation after the collapse of the national socialist regime that ruled for fifteen bloody genocidal years, stating that the Castillian "race" will die out. The Ordenite Reich, which has long been one of the most dangerous states in Greater Dienstad and routinely pursues an aggressive foreign policy which is seemingly bent on not only their perverse sense of utopia through ethnic cleansing but also just to destabilize the international order, was once a former ally to Castillia during the dark years of the national socialist regime. Under that regime and Vaughn, the Ordenites invested billions of dataries into Castillia to fund a genocidal machine. The exact death toll from Vaughn's ethnic cleansing program is unknown, but estimated to number in the tens of millions, with 39 million generally regarded as a correct ballpark estimate.

The Ordenite argument is incredibly flawed however, and not solely for being fascist rhetoric. The former Castillian national socialist regime and its proposed goals were incredibly in contradiction with much of Castillian culture, no matter how much former leader John Oswald Vaughn wanted to proclaim national socialism as a defense of Castillian culture. Vaughn sought to "Anglicize" the Castillian nation and the people in it, which meant the suppression of the Castillian language and culture, very much a reason millions across the Federation cannot speak their native tongue (an issue that has been the top priority of every presidential administration since Henry Harshmann and why Castillian language courses are mandatory for all children in primary and secondary schools). Vaughn, who had been born in Stevid, was not a native Castillian. He was born the son of a Stevidian diplomat, one who found his way to Castillia at one point and was for many years a social and political pariah. To put it plainly, Vaughn's rise to lead Castillia was pure luck; with the death of Emperor Titus II and a mentally ill Lady Regent Isabella Thierry driving the Castillian Empire into an unwinnable war, a twenty-two nation coalition promptly ended the Castillian Empire and the nation was put under Mokan and Lamonian occupation. It was the perfect incubator for the vitriolic hate that a huckster like Vaughn had to sell.

So with the attempted destruction of Castillian culture being sponsored by the Ordenites, why do they attempt to cast Castillian people as a lost cause? Outside of their normal racist dribble of course, the current path of Castillia is that of an imperfect democracy; for many years now the Castillian Federation has been staunchly supportive of human rights causes across the region and has sought to root out fascism, terrorism, and slavery across the region. Presidential administrations from Harshmann to Faring with the exception of Jacques Perier have instituted a progressive immigration program, allowing many from far-flung cultures come to Castillia in order to pursue a better life. Castillia in turn benefits this; many Mokan-ethnic peoples come from less-developed parts of the People's Unified Federation constitute a large part of Castillia's minimum wage and general labor workforce, while many from Punjarata come on professional visas to work in a thriving tech industry. Mokans and Punjaratis both are two groups of a wide array of immigrants that take advantage of an immigration system that is a far cry from where Castillia was many years ago. For the Ordenites, intent on cleansing every part of the world and bringing it under the iron cross that defines their hateful ideology of national socialism, this immigration system in the state of a former ally is the ultimate betrayal, hence the scathing statement in their most recent publication.

Castillia is however not a progressive utopia for many foreigners coming to the Castillian Federation. Despite Ordenite claims, the Federation is still roughly 87% ethnic Castillian, which is white, the same as the Ordenites. Many Castillian politicians share the same fears as the Ordenites, albeit present their views much less bluntly than the Ordenites would, and it reflects in the Particonservateur platform, which will implement much lower quotas for Pr1 through Pr6 visa types, which most Punjaratis take advantage of. Last month, the Federal Senate voted to implement a comprehensive immigration reform to introduce a per country quota on the Pr series visas as well as R series visas, used for refugees. That legislation also targeted the asylum system in Castillia, now mandating that asylee seekers must request asylum at a Castillian diplomatic mission outside of the Federation. On top of regressive immigration reform, many immigrants live in squalor. In Béziers, the largest city in the Castillian Federation, nearly a half of a million Mokan-ethnic people lives in vast slums that stretch the entirety of the decommissioned Vaudet Line, which was a sunken railway tract that ran through the city. In Preslaff, immigrants are banned from entering certain areas of the capital in the name of state security. In Lille, six men were acquitted in court after being charged with assault after being arrested for brutally beating a Palmyrian man in the city's rather inappropriately named "Brown Quarter." Castillia has not codified hate crimes, so prosecutors cannot charge persons with hate crimes for targeting people of color.

Officially, the Castillian Federation does not compile racial statistics, as the Federal Charter for the Establishment of the Nation of Castillian Peoples, informally the Castillian Constitution, specifically declares such illegal and that all citizens will be treated equally under the law regardless of ethnic makeup. Many decry the constitutional stipulation as a way to defend the Castillian government for a lack of progressive attitudes regarding race and culture and is part of a long history of denying the existence of racism and the country’s colonial and imperialistic past, not to mention its genocidal past. Others defend it as an important tool for ensuring equity for all across the Federation. Regardless of position, all ethnographic data regarding Castillia are ballpark estimates made from public immigration reports issued by the Federal Immigration and Customs Service along with population growth projections based off of the census report, which is administered every five years.

With the rise of the Partirévolutionnaire-Institutionnel, which is now poised to take control of the Federal Senate after currying seven independent senators into their party and then striking a coalition deal with the Particonservateurs (outnumbering them by three senators), legislative policy may take a further shift to the right. Marlène Backès, Leader of the PRI and now to become the Senate President pro tempore-designate, was considered one of the most conservative members of the Labour Party and given her voting record ("aye" to the recent immigration changes last month), she may be poised to take a much more conservative stance towards immigration. Backès has long been very critical of the relationship between Castillia and Mokastana, citing the Treaty of Friendship of the Two Federations as incredibly one-sided, and these sentiments may feed into immigration rollbacks aimed at Mokan-ethnic groups.

Such actions though would only prove the Ordenites right; that Castillian culture is in crisis and that the Castillian "race" is dying. That then begs the question: is Castillian culture in crisis? Simply no, it is not. Such an idea is a mythos perpetuated by the Ordenites and others who seek to destabilize the international order through exporting their totalitarian and genocidal brands. Fears of racemixing, advocation of eugenics, and immigration caps are exactly what the Ordenites want to see happen in Castillia once again. Immigrants help sustain economic growth, and the lack of assimilation for many immigrants into Castillian society is due to a lack of allowing them into our society. Castillia has always been a headstrong nation, quick to rally for causes the Castillians people have believed to be just. The Federation presents itself globally as a socially and economically progressive nation, yet an overwhelming majority of our immigrant population lives in squalid living conditions. There will come a day when the Ordenites reap what they sow. Until then, they will be allowed to spew their hate. However, Castillia must be measured by a different standard, for it is a nation with immense potential. It can continue to champion human rights abroad, but it must solve its human rights issues at home first.

© FDP 2033 | In Anglic. Click here for Castillian language.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

The Qoryx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2016

Postby The Qoryx » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:14 am

Last edited by The Qoryx on Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Der Reichseidgenossenschaft (Der RE) / The Imperial Unity (The RE)
Imperial Foreign Secretary: Bernhard Ernst, Landesfürst von Bülow Imperial First (Emperor): Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI
Grand Imperial Marshall: Großreichsmarschall T. Sprecher, Landesfürst von Bernegg Imperial Archchancellor: Reichserzkanzler Otto, Erzfürst von Lauenburg
Greater DienstadEsvanoviaImperial Government Structure
Demonyms: Singular: Arvolk - Plural: Arvolken - Noun: Arvolk
Thank you to Meriad for allowing me to copy and modify his signature for my use, it's awesome!

Mokastana
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:20 am

BREAKING NEWS!

PUBLIC SATELLITE FEEDS SHOW POSSIBLE NUCLEAR DETONATION IN GREATER ORDENA

Note: This is a currently active story, and may be updated as more information becomes available.

At around 7:12 SFT(Standard Fedala Time) CCA pubic satellite feeds over Earth showed a flash of light close to the coast of Greater Ordena. The satellite cameras were not focused on the area, nor able to zoom in, and public CCA satellite feed changed cameras shortly after the event. Despite this, many space enthusiasts noticed the flash of light, and rumors began to circulate almost immediately on social media.

Public Information from the International Nuclear Watch(VNI)* shows a spike on a Infrasound station located in the Sea of Ordena off of the Golden Throne's coast, as well as a spike in X-Rays from at least one of their satellites in orbit over the region.

No information from any major government, including the Ordenite Reich, has been released at this time.

UPDATES:

9:23 SFT:Multiple reports that throughout the morning, embassies in Berlina(Capital of Greater Ordena), have been informed of fallout shelter locations and advised to take shelter. Additional reports of mobilized Volksstrum** in the Capital.

10:02 SFT: VNI released a statement claiming they believe there is a high probability a nuclear device detonated somewhere near the coast of Greater Ordena, possibly within the 100 to 500 kiloton range.

10:38 SFT: The Reichs Eidgenossenschaft (RE) has issued a travel advisory/ban for all travel to Greater Ordena until Ordenite authorities verify saftey. Imperial Foreign Minister Bernhart Ernst un Bulow issued a statement for all Arvolken citizens in Ordena to take shelter immediately. The RE embassy in Berlina can be reached by calling (+OR49) 520-5200, or by email: ordena@reichsauswartigesamt.re

Additional details will be released by the RE Imperial Foreign Service soon

12:22 SFT: Reports that Macabean military units on the Killian Frontier are being set to full alert status in response to the possible nuclear detonation.

12:45 SFT: Free Dienstadi Press reporter Gia McKinney reports from the Embassy of the People's Unified Federation in Berlina. No live feed but we have confirmed via text that it is indeed Gia. Gia reports that numerous embassies have been locked down and are taking shelter, either in Ordenite shelters available or their own. Ordenite Volksstrum have locked down the city, and public broadcasting has been replaced with government orders to seek shelter immediately.

13:48 SFT: Military vessels from Greater Ordena have been sighted leaving port for the ocean.

16:00 SFT: No additional nuclear detonations have been detected in Greater Ordena or around the region.

21:00 SFT: Free Dienstadi Press has confirmed that it was a nuclear detonation, and the the nuclear device detonated in or near the city of Karkit in Greater Ordena

*Vigilancia Nuclear Internacional, a Mokan based international private organization dedicated to providing public information about nuclear detonations

**Volksstrum - Ordenite equivalent of a Home Guard.
Last edited by Mokastana on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:16 am, edited 12 times in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:37 pm

OFFICIAL CORRESPONDENCE | PRESIDENT OF THE CASTILLIAN FEDERATION
***URGENT STATEMENT RE: NUCLEAR BLAST IN ORDENITE TERRITORY***

The Castillian Federation is currently aware of a nuclear blast having taken place within the territory of the Greater Ordenite Reich based on telemetry collected from the Federal Intelligence Service and the Federal Atomic Security Commission. Those two services along with other elements of our intelligence community are thoroughly investigating the cause of the explosion. The explosion has occurred at the city of Karkīt in Ordenite Scythia, the metropolitan area home to roughly 40,000,000 people.

Because the Ordenite Reich poses such a destabilizing threat to the greater good in Greater Dienstad and globally, and because the cause of this blast is unknown, I have directed the Defense Secretariat to issue Order No. 939, to cancel all military leave and order all active duty troops to report to their units, out of an abundance of caution. At this time I will not mobilize the reserve forces. There is at this time no substantiated evidence of a direct threat to the Castillian Federation or any of our interests overseas. Our armed forces stand ready to deter any immediate threat.

I have furthermore directed the State Secretariat to upgrade the travel advisory condition for the Ordenite Reich from TRACON CHARLIE to TRACON DELTA. Citizens of the Castillian Federation are hereby strongly encouraged to avoid all travel to the Greater Ordenite Reich. Due to limitations imposed by the Ordenite Reich on the Castillian diplomatic mission there, consular services and Castillian Citizen Services are extremely limited and the Castillian Federation Embassy or its Consulate Generals in Ordena may not be able to provide immediate assistance during a life-threatening situation.

At this time, I ask for all citizens of the Castillian Federation to remain calm as this has been a singular blast with no current evidence that there will be subsequent nuclear blasts. All current measures are being taken out of an abundance of caution. Given the state of things and understanding how afraid many of you may be, I as your President will be as transparent with you in regards to this process as national security and public safety interests allow. I will address the nation tomorrow at noon Eastern Castillian Time.

"Fraternité sous notre Fédération"
John S. Faring
President of the Castillian Federation
Last edited by Castille de Italia on Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Mokastana
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:13 am

Terrorist claim responsibility for nuclear detonation in KARKĪT, release video on social media.
Stephen Collins (@SCollins2_FDP)
September 07, 20XX 8:45 AM | Nova Orontes, Nova Orontes

An unidentified user on social media platform Accelafeed posted, linking to a video of a woman calling herself the Tsarina, and claiming responsibility for the nuclear detonation in Greater Ordena yesterday. The video ends with footage of what may well be a nuclear bomb.

Experts around the world are currently reviewing the footage to determine its authenticity, but so far it appears to be legitimate. It is unknown if Accelafeed will take the post down or if the video can even be removed from the internet at this point. Currently it is believed that the original video has been viewed at least a few hundred thousand times, and may be being spread on other dark web sites.

We encourage readers not to look up the video, as it contains discussions of terrorism, and graphic discussion.
Last edited by Mokastana on Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
-Zaheran

-United Gordonopia

We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:23 pm

Eitoan Decides: Presidential Race Intensifies
Free Democrats and Socialists Contend on Social Welfare Spending

The race for the presidency shifted into high gear yesterday as the incumbent Free Democrats warned about massive increases in spending for health, education and social services should the Socialists under Kelso Mayor Kenneth Curtis prevail in November. Vice President Paula Koubek, speaking to the faithful in the Rosemont neighborhood of Kelso claimed “under a Socialist regime Eitoans can look forward to skyrocketing spending for social workers, wasteful use of resources for crackpot educational theories that will hobble the youth of our nation for years to come, and massive overruns on capital expenses for projects sweetening the pot for favored groups in the biggest cities. Mayor Curtis has a lot to explain here, and is an an example of what Eitoan taxpayers can expect should he assume office. This isn’t merely a partisan claim. Ask your City Auditor Reno about your Second Avenue Subway. You’re footing the bill for that ditch. This isn’t a Free Democrat issue. It crosses all concerned Kelsine citizens, Free Democrat, Civic Platform, and our friends on the left that don’t want to see their money squandered on pie in the sky, hairbrained projects. His approach to throwing around your money has made your city a magnet for drifters, layabouts and chiselers at every level. Look, is there a single half baked program that rolled out of a second year social work class he hasn’t adopted? Kelso voters know this better than anyone! I salute the hard working people of this city, but, let’s face it, he’s larded up with his cronies and general riff raff sucking at the teat of the most prosperous and producting service sector on the continent! This nation can’t afford it!”

Mayor Curtis, addressing a meeting of the Eitoan Construction Trade Unions in Vladarsik was quick to fire back. “Kelso is the envy of western Greater Dienstad. Our students, from kindergarten to grade 12 have unprecedented opportunities in all endeavors, technical, academic, and in the trades. This is the basis of our growth! In Kelso, we invest in our kids! In Eitoan, under a Curtis administration I will be proud to apply those policies we have found to be tried and true across the nation. Of course, implementation will remain in the hands of territorial Governors General, but before going forward I would invite all of them to look closely at what we have done, look at the results. Kelso leads, also, because the services we provide and encourage make it the environment in which the sectors that are the engines of Eitoan’s economic growth a fertile ground for innovation. President Shrdlu knows this, he built his software empire in Eitoan, and it has remained there. We promote business growth, and take care of those at the other end of the income spectrum. I’m proud of our record in housing. Low income housing starts, encouraged by the city but financed privately have grown an average of 6 percent in each of the last three years. This is the kind of growth I want to bring to the national stage. No Eitoan will be left behind. And one more think that Mrs. Koubek needs to know; we spend a lot on our infrastructure locally due to the penny pincher approach of her administration. She likes to talk about cost overruns. What about cost underruns? Her Department of Transportation kept Class A road maintenance budgets flat for the last two years. This means either the cities and territories pick up the slack, or the motorists and shippers and consumers pay the price. Well, when I’m in the Executive Residence, the national government will do the work that needs to be done.”

Leftists Split On Military

The gap between Socialist candidate Kenneth Curtis and Communist Brenda Sanders on plans for all branches of the military widened on Monday during an exchange in Q’wenzy on News Channel 7. Both candidates were asked to outline their vision for the armed forces over the next five years, and how that would differ from the Shrdlu administration. Mayor Curtis spoke first, reiterating his plans for continuance of policies implemented by the President. He told the interview panel “I think all responsible parties agree, the naval appropriation under which the fleet is operating has been considered carefully and frugally by all parties in the legislature, and is appropriated for defense of the homeland. With the advent of the Northwest Mutual Assistance Agreement we have the opportunity to upgrade vessels and operations to the latest technology consistent with our partners, and it is incumbent on us to do are share within the alliance. Our partnership with The Golden Throne, with The Timocratic Republic and Palmyiron is beneficial for our naval defense, both in equipment upgrade and allowing Eitoan personnel the opportunity to learn current naval doctrine and practice. Naval spending has tracked close to budget faithfully, and I see no need for a change of direction there. On land, the NMAA expansion demands an increase in the supply of material to Agar-Na and Federal Ralkovia. This integration of defense with friendly neighbors does add to demands for the Army. It is necessary however to bring both new partners up to speed. The Principality has bravely abandoned it’s precarious neutrality after we expelled the Ralkovians, pledging to join with us and our partner Sharing a long land border with The Principality underscores the need to the Agarese army to upgrade to a credible defensive force. We need to do this, not only under treaty obligation but also as a good neighbor. It is important to bring about an effective Federal Ralkovian Self Defense Force, one with credible stopping power in the event of Regime rearmament. The purge of hostile elements from the Self Defense Force officer corps has created a great need for training a new breed of leadership, and as an occupying power, one with some shared history, we are in a good position to provide that. In the aerospace and aeronautical realm, I will continue to work with the Air Force to maintain a vigorous research and development program. Our turn toward the outside world in the last five years has provided us with many opportunities here, and the results in both the Krasnovan and Ralkovian wars have been positive. Production schedules will be watched closely to insure costs are contained and equipment and munitions delivered in a timely manner.”

Brenda Sanders, putting distance between her and her Socialist rivals spoke to a different agenda. “In contrast to the capitalist parties, and I include the Mayor Curtis here, we are going to redirect Eitoan tax dollars to the benefit of the nation’s workers. For too long, under the tax burden, under compulsory military service, the lifeblood of the working man and woman has been squeezed dry by the militarists in Vladarsik, and never more so than in the last five years. I estimate a twelve percent reduction in the military budget immediately within the first two months under the people’s rule. This money will be redistributed to the poorest segments of our society, the most deserving. In terms of defense, Money will be shifted to the National Guard. The length of enlistment for the National Guard will be reduced to two years from three, matching that of the other services. In twelve days we celebrate our independence, proclaimed on September 19, 1901. We will return to the spirit of those days, reorienting our military to the original purpose stated then, a people’s militia. In addition to the reduction of service length for the National Guard, we will study a similar reduction for the Militia. There need be no stigma attached to service in these branches. They protect the homeland. Transformation to a Communist society will also encourage draftees to choose the Uniformed Support Corps. We must eradicate the false bravado driving our society to glorify service in the Active Army, Navy, Air Force and Joint Military Intelligence Service at the expense of those that choose not to carry a weapon in serving the homeland. A Communist government will root out holdover militarists both in the service and in the bureaucracy.

Weekend Clash Over Consumer Prices, Central Bank

The weekend saw President Shrdlu and Mayor Curtis present their viewpoints on the state of the economy, both guests at the annual meeting of the National Conference of Commercial Bankers in Dolton. The two spoke in separate sessions on Saturday, with the Communists, Civic Platform and National Democrats following on Sunday. In his remarks, the president said “The Free Democratic Party, any my administration supports the efforts of the National Reserve Bank of Eitoan in controlling inflation. Many of the policies were set in place after economic activity improved following the recession six years ago, and these have proven prudent. These policies weathered the storm during the Ralkovian War, and serve us well now. The Consumer Price Index this year is up 1.5%, which I think is admirable. The Eitoan consumer must like it too. Durable goods orders, an excellent sign of health by any measure has shown steady growth in this period. This is reflected by employment in the automotive, appliance, and heavy machinery industries domestically, and an increase in import demand there too. The NRBE’s policy has allowed the government to pursue moderate fiscal policies, avoiding shocks to taxpayers and disruptions in government services, education and primary health care. I see very little reason to dispute the central banks’s decision process at this time.”

After lunch on Saturday, Mayor Curtis delivered the Socialist response. “The tight money policy of the National Reserve Bank of Eitoan, along with looser restrictions on the entry of foreign capital have forced Eitoan entrepreneurs to look overseas for financing. Along with President Shrdlu, I know a few things about building a business from the ground up. Both of us ran into the third degree from lenders under tight money policy, him in software and me buying trucks and supplies starting my construction company. Has the president forgotten going hat in hand begging for financing? I’m not entirely against foreign lending, it can be helpful for large projects and riskier ventures. But we must guard against the lack of transparency that can creep into deals when those foreign lenders hide their true ownership, or when they put our borrowers at a disadvantage under murky foreign banking laws. There is also a risk of loss of Eitoan ownership under some of these shadier deals. We need an Eitoan venture capital market that guards against handing over firms in the most rapidly growing areas to interests outside the oversight of our courts. We must protect our most innovative and creative engineers, scientists and developers from the moral hazard of foreign imposed restraint on their opportunities. In this election, the Socialist Party wants to see a healthy support for our high growth sectors. But that growth must benefit Eitoan business owners, workers, and consumers”.

Race for the Ghastak
Rural Vote in Contention

The at large seats for the upper house this year, selected by party list provide a more detailed view of public sentiment on major issues, less effected by personality clash at the presidential level. Eitoan One News takes a deeper look at critical segments as parties vie for representation in the Ghastak.

Among rural and small town voters in central corridor territories, the big tent Free Democrats hold a slim lead over the conservative Civic Platform in Ghastak preferences, 40% to 38%. Throughout the Ruzek valley , this segment has benefitted by President Shrdlu’s policy of tamping down utility rates by easing up on regulations restricting the addition of electrical power generation and transmission, compared to those of his Civic Platform predecessor, Randall Ben-Joseph. Mr. Ben-Joseph was widely seen in the central corridor as tone deaf to the needs of farmers and support businesses, an image this year’s Civic Platform candidate, former Vice President and current party leader in the Ghastak Kenneth Haan has not been able to shake. Civic Platform is widely seen there as beholden to urban, particularly big business interests, even though major central corridor power providers have been eager to expand capacity in the area’s outlying areas. The Secretary of Industry and Trade, Loren Masters has been aggressive and quite visible in spurring projects expanding both the generating and transmission capacity in the Ruzek, scoring a major deal with Mid Ruzek Valley Power and Light to keep a lid on rates for farms and related businesses in the utility’s project to upgrade delivery in the valley between the far suburbs of Kelso and Stickney. The deal between the government, Mid Valley and several large banks was struck to enable middle income housing development and industrial parks in the outer reaches of the two cities, and Mr. Masters was noticeable in requiring extension of power lines to several smaller cities there as well as negotiation of rate schedules favorable to outlying areas. This contrasts with a surge by left wing parties in the farming and ranching regions of the frontier territories, where President Shrdlu’s policies are seen as favoring water allocation on the Malawani and White Ruzek downstream toward the central corridor. The frontier territories, Caldwell and Virden have been suffering from a reduced snow pack for the last two winters, and crop yields have been reduced. Pasture lands have also been impacted, and mutton production in the last year for the frontier is 6% below the previous year. Beef production is lagging last year at 9%. Migration to towns in both territories has accelerated, with subsequent higher unemployment that nationally. This is suffers relative to the cities and other territories. The Communists have seized upon rural discontent among lower income workers and the rural unemployed nationally, showing support in this segment’s Ghastak choice in Caldwell at 12%, in Virden at 9%, and a strong showing in the coastal Warren territory at 21%.

The leftist campain for the Ghastak has made little progress for the Socialists and Communists so far. The President’s Free Democrats appear to be holding steady with woman voters, tracking close their performance the the previous round of voting two years ago. President Shrdlu’s policy of keeping a close watch on inflation appears to be popular, as was his choice of Paula Koubek as running mate five years ago. They also favor his initiatives in education reform. The Free Democrats are running strong among married female voters, and those above 30 years old. Civic Platform is also doing well among women in choice for the Ghastak. Interviews and polling show the paty’s position on inflation control, not generally distinguishable from the Free Democrats is popular. The party’s approach to taxes, more aggressive than the Free Democrats is viewed favorably. Budget conscious housewives, an important constituency both in the polling and at home have been an important factor in the last four elections for the upper house. Both the far right National Democrats and the Communists have not seen a benefit in Ghastak choice despite female presidential nominees. Here both nominees are hurting the respective parties chances at Ghastak seats. The major problem is that they are seen as too shrill and extreme, offputting to women voters, and neither party has been able to successfully put distance between their presidential candidates and their Ghastak slates. Both the Communists and National Democrats are polling worse among women than two years ago.

Dashez Contests Hinge On Local Issues
Southern Territories Seats Up For Grabs

The single representative nationwide race for the lower house is off to it’s typically turbulent start on the southern territories. Well know for inconsistent voting patterns and wild swing between the parties, local issues drive voting, removed from presidential and Ghastak preferences, no more than in the south. In Leonore Territory four races are underway without an incumbent. Popular Free Democrat Governor-General Edvard Smetachek, elevated to the office four years from Mayor of Invernass two years ago appears to be cruising to reelection. His popularity in the city is advantaging his party’s candidate for the Ghastak, Ellie Lagan, a housewife and mother of three is leading Communist contender L’Dat Chenka, President of the Invernass School Board by a wide margin in the district on the outskirts of the city. Mr. Chenka has tamped down radical rhetoric, and had been seen earlier this year as a good bet for the Communists to hang on the the seat held by twelve term incumbent Y’gev Frada, but his hopes dimmed when the Socialists fielded a strong contender in Daniella Johnson, an attorney, and voters on the right coalesced around Lagan after Civic Platform and the National Democrats fielded weak candidates. She is currently Mrs. Lagan currently leads Mr. Chenka 45% to 25%.

Neighboring Pavanka Territory is seeing a shift overall among secular voters away from the left. The south, typically free thinking in religion and independent in party affiliation, is showing movement toward the Free Democrats and Civic Platform away from Socialists and Communists among the predominant secular groupings there. This runs counter to national trends, maintaining strength for the right and center among observant Jews and Christians, while seculars and animists trend left. At the lower house level local issues are the driving force nationally, and in Pavanka the center and right have made a concerted effort to emphasize policies from both national and territorial candidates that are popular. The effort appears to be paying off, with polling among seculars there showing strength at the Ghastak level, and observers speculate that this may provide down ballot benefits to Dashez candidates.

National Democrat Erosion Continues

The National Democrats, headed by fiery Ghastaker Teresa Elear this year show continuing at the local level, threatening the far right’s already reduced representation in the Dashez currently at 18 seats. Riven by controversy after protests against participation in the Krasnovan War turned deadly, the National Democrats suffered massive defections after the last election, and have not been able to put forward a coherent platform ever since at the national level. Individual Dashez candidates look to fare better, based on local popularity, and some at the Governor-General level have adopted a pragmatic governing approach mostly indistinguishable from Civic Platform. Civic Platform is seen as the major beneficiary of National Democrat weakness, beckoning as a home for more traditional minded voters. At the local level Civic Platform has used it’s fund raising advantage to recruit better candidates and put out a more vigorous campaign than the National Democrats, attracting more of what’s left of the National Democrat base. Mrs. Elear, the party’s standard bearer is viewed across the board as harsh and dogmatic among all demographic groups and income levels, and the party’s Dashez candidates have been largely avoiding her. To date she has not appeared in the frontier territories, the most left leaning in Eitoan and always slim pickings for the National Democrats. Internal strife within the party is also hobbling Dashez candidates. Bickering has continued with Mrs. Elear’s rival for the party nomination, Thomas Ingersoll after her victory in the voting by the national council. For the most part, the party’s Dashez hopefuls are avoiding national issues, particularly those concerning defense and foreign affairs.

Independence Day Festivities

Presidential candidates have announced their plans for the upcoming September 19th Independence Day celebrations. Per tradition, mainstream party candidates will eschew highly partisan rhetoric in favor of official duties, attending parades and fairs, and spending time with friends and family. Hard core campaigning commences after the 19th. President Shrdlu will spend the day at the Executive Residence with his family, delivering the annual Independence Day speech to the nation at noon. Following an early family dinner at the Executive Residence he will kick off Vladarsik’s national fireworks display on the South Lawn. He will be joined in the grandstand with his family, personal friends, invited ambassadors and the commander and executive officer of the Militia’s Vladarsik Garrison. A fly by of the grounds by the Air Force, both current and historic planes will mark the start of the outside events at 7:45 PM. Kelso Mayor Kenneth Curtis will perform the honors as presiding Grand Marshall at the Independence Day Parade on Achriesgill Road, a ceremonial duty of the Kelso Mayor. The Achriesgill Parade is a Kelso tradition dating back to 1925. Eitoan One News will stream both events. Civic Platform’s Kenneth Haan will spend the day in Stickney, along with his family. His event there will be attending the fair in Mabou Park, where no speech is planned. Teresa Elear will be meeting voters in Berwyn’s Sauganash neighborhood, at fireworks and a torchlight rally by the National Democrats. Concern has been voiced about the possibility for violence by Dobrovice Territory Governor-General Mark Prahe, and Berwyn Mayor Ted Rinehart has requested that Mrs. Elear cancel her appearance. Berwyn was the scene of violence during the Krasnovan war, and ethnic tensions erupted at the entry of Eitoan to the Ralkovian War. Although the Sauganash neighborhood was unmarred in those disturbances, police presence will be heavy. Communist Brenda Sanders will spend the day in Pavanka Territory. The party will hold a rally in a field outside Olny. Territorial Governor-General Thomas Weaver will hold a competing rally for Civic Platform early in the day. Weaver, who unseated Communist Sarah Derais four years ago has been targeted heavily by Derais in a comeback attempt for his job.

Kelso: Drake Hotel to Remodel

The Drake Hotel, the nation’s largest city’s premiere lodging to see, be seen and cut big business, legal, and political deals will undergo a major renovation. Of particular note is improvements to the Palm Court, where banking, tech, and entertainment hot shots hold court on a regular basis. The flooring will be replaced, keeping with it’s traditional hardwood parquet. Management had considered replacement with a more durable composite material, but had not been able to settle on a vendor. Traditionalists in the financial sector also objected, claiming the original hardwood look and feel are part of the attractiveness of the venue. Also slated for the Palm Court is a replacement of the white, gold and green flocked wallpaper. The new issue will remain true to the original pattern, proprietary to The Drake. The heating system will be totally replaced, including corroded pipes and dated furnaces. The remaining fuel oil heating unit servicing the basement will be replaced by natural gas, bringing it up to standard for the rest of the building. Banquet facilities will be maintained to 50% of capacity for the next six months, as they are upgraded on a rolling basis. Modifications to the Grand Ballroom are scheduled last, and are expected to be minor. The project will be managed by NXO. The Drake is the birthplace of the NXO consortium. It was launched inside the Hotel’s Golden Mile room, a cartel of twelve Eitoan construction and engineering companies. Award of the contract to NXO followed some controversy, given the financial interests of Zebesuna Investment Trust in the enterprise. Zebesunais the repository of for most of the Eitoan operations of the Lomengo family, the famed Mokan organization. Prior to approval of the contract, Zebesuna sold 5% of it’s NXO holdings, easing concerns about ties to Lomengo interests.

Overseas: Large Explosion Detected in Ordena

The Free Dienstadi Press reports a large explosion, possibly nuclear near Karkit, Greater Ordena.

General Nancy Regdev, Director of the Joint Military Intelligence Service responded “We are following the events” when asked about the explosion.

At 12:45 SFT Free Dienstadi Press reporter Gia McKinney gave this update from the Embassy of the People's Unified Federation in Berlina. “No live feed but we have confirmed via text that it is indeed Gia. Gia reports that numerous embassies have been locked down and are taking shelter, either in Ordenite shelters available or their own. Ordenite Volksstrum have locked down the city, and public broadcasting has been replaced with government orders to seek shelter immediately.”

Eitoan One will update this story as it unfolds.
Last edited by Eitoan on Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phibeta
Envoy

Postby Phibeta » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:35 pm

Concerned Citizens Reading Local Papers, Some Papers More Biased and Deceatful Than Others

An upheaval at The House of Commons was caused today by none other than a politically biased newspaper that has nothing better to do than to slander good friends from across the sea. Last week, The Nationalist-backed newspaper, The Nationalist Bulletin, published an article by an economics professor at The University of Laxony, about The United Island States of AHSCA, whom we have just re-established embassies with.

The article was full of slander and outright lies peddled by the Nationalists who gain to seek a global empire, one that Phibeta used to have centuries ago. They paint the UIS as impoverished, primitive, and underdeveloped which is far from the truth. The UIS is pretty economically sufficient as they rely only on homegrown agriculture and fishing industries which the latter make up 42% of the income generated for the UIS government. The rest of that comes from maritime trade and tourism. This is also a factor of why AHSCA ranks in the top 3% in food quality (Phibeta herself placing 30)

Speaking of tourism, as we here in Phibeta brag about our royal family and the great history of the country, the UIS can brag about the pristine and cleanliness of their island homes that boost tourism every year, as with their own traditions mostly unknown to Phibeta. Without having to heavily rely on heavy industry unlike some sectors of Phibeta, the air and life quality are second to none. It also should be noted that they are one of the region’s cultural hotspots. Thousands of people, including those from our kingdom travel to the UIS on vacation every year during the Festival of The Holy Light, which still stands strong even as tourism seems to be down this year.

As for the slander of their military might, the UIS maintains a modern Self Defense Force which is solely used for the defense of their islands, as it is written in their constitution that they can not and will not have the power to declare wars, and will only be in a state of war if provoked. Their military may not have a presence in their lives, but they are a strong force when push comes to shove, as seen back when the islands fought for their independence from Stevid in the 1990s, we even had a hand in foreign aid during that time. And that is not factoring all the nations with treaties with the UIS which attacked, might lead to a much bigger confrontation than one could handle.

After all this time, why would a small newspaper firm backed up by the Nationalist Party publish such a dibble? Political clout is most likely. The Nationalists are one of the smallest parties with visible seats in parliament. They still have dreams of being the government as they had in the 1980s under the last Lord Sir Rodger Heston. The Nationalists and The Imperialists have their dreams and ambitions of once again ruling the seas as we have done in the late 19th century. The fact is that the dreams of empire have all been gone from the consciousness of the modern Phibetan citizen. Now is a time for forming friendly relations to all nations.

This also raises the question of how much free speech people can have without severe consequences. “I find this behavior very appalling from a member of the Phibetan intelligentsia,” says Prime Minister Douglas Sousa (MP for Shiledfried and Party Leader for The Conservatives), speaking as alumni of the college. “The University of Laxony is an institution that upholds truth and honor, and these lies certainly does not make this professor honourable”.

“I think that the honourable professor is right and all others are stupid and filled with leftist bias,” says the Leader of The Nationalists, Clifford Sellers, MP for Mondola, and also an advocate of the Nationalist Bulletin. “I mean… look at them! They have no industry, no visible military, nor does it look like they have any functioning utilities! No water, no electricity, and a pretty poor diet if you ask me! A little Phibetan influence (and some territory to build industry), will do these islanders good”.

“We must make one thing absolutely clear,” says Minister for Foreign Affairs, Robert Bishop (Conservative MP for Yohannesburg). “Her Majesty’s Government has no intention of empire, nor do any normal Phibetan citizen have imperial ambitions in the region. The Nationalists will do anything to boost their popularity by painting foreign governments as evil, and ours as just and mighty over theirs. I fully apologize for this whole incident. I wish to clarify that Her Majesty’s Government wishes to keep building a close relationship with The UIS and all other neighbors within Greater Dienstad”.

Regional tensions are boiling, and we certainly do not want to add fuel to that fire. But this is all under free speech here in Phibeta. The only way for that nationalist dribble to end is either by bankruptcy or to censor the paper, which begs the question of free speech. Both the government and the crown have no authority to censor free speech, as stated in the Bill of Rights of 1731. As of right now, Mokastana, Abetton, and Holy Marsh all condemned the paper and its article. The Nationalist Bullieten refuses to comment. We hope and pray that this situation blows over, a minor blip in the rising tension in the region.

Richard Boston, head-editor for The Weston Mail

OPINION COLUMN: Freedom of Speech, Good or Bad? Also, The Deal With Nationalists?

Submitted by: William Sutherland, political commentator for PBC News

We all read the papers earlier this week. The Nationalist Bulletin published an open editorial that seems more of an opinion column rather than anything which slanders the UIS, located in the Southern Seas of East GD. This is causing a lot of backlash on the government of Phibeta by several parties, close friends to AHSCA. Why are we being punished for the ramblings of some, second rate economics professor and a tech-savvy nationalist parliamentarian? Perhaps we should rethink the stance on free speech.

Now, don’t take this the wrong way. Freedom of speech is a right that everyone can enjoy. It is the basis of our political debates, and our culture in the arts. But sometimes, we do believe that free speech does go a bit too far in ts intentions. The Nationalists sure do know how to take things too far.

Perhaps, we should look into the Nationalist party, and see what makes them tick. They were formed in 1971, after the break up of the Phibetan Empire and just before the dissolution of the Union of Phitannia Pact in 1977. They seeked maintain their proud heritage and glorious past while seeking new glory elsewhere. Everyone knows the story, the Nationalists won power in 1980 under the premiership of Lord Sir Rodger Heston and did gain some glory, but after the economy crash of 1991 and military planning scandals, the Nationalists lost their power and relegated only as a minor party. They have been doing everything they can to regain that power, all means necessary. This includes the slander of our friends and aggressive presence on the internet, spewing non-existant fear and hatred.

Perhaps, we should take a look at our policies on free speech. We should decided when free speech becomes hate speech. Our regulation on what can or can not be said is a very difficult task and could be pretty much end up setting a precedence for censorship, but perhaps, a brighter, better world, one that has no hate, can emerge with such careful tread.

A Nuclear Power Plant in Ridgeworth, The Oldest Power Plant in Continuous Use

Nuclear Power, Regional Number One for Energy and Power

The results of the latest regional poll says that nuclear power is the number one for use in energy and electric power. And Phibeta generally agrees with this statement. The Ministry of Energy and Industry in their 2021 annual report estimated that 75% of Phibeta’s energy comes from nuclear power. Nuclear power is a relatively new source of power, as wind power dates back to the age of windmills, water dating back to watermills, coal and oil to the industrial revolution, our nuclear power dates back to the 1950s, a few years after the discover of atomic science and consequently, the production of the first nuclear weapons, the atomic bomb.

1952 was the first time nuclear was considered an option for energy. The idea was conceived by Phibetan energy magnate, Dame Gwendolyn “Wendy” Simmons, who after researching nuclear science following the discovery of nuclear warfare, wanted to find a peaceful use of such energy, thus was born the nuclear energy project, commissioned by the Ministry of Energy and Industry, led by Dame Wendy herself. The nuclear power plant was completed in 1958 in the city of Ridgeworth in the county of Appleby, and began use to power not only the city, but the entire county, thus removing the need of multiple coal power stations in the area, and several other counties followed suite, which was great news for the City of Weston as it was experiencing the worst smog disaster in history.

Ever since that time, a few mistakes happened and lessons learned to improve nuclear power safety. More power plants are built next to rivers so that a constant flow of water can prevent meltdowns, better education also prevents man made meltdowns, and new advances in technology have found a new use for nuclear waste as it too can be converted into energy.

“We are excited to see where this will take us next” says Minister for Energy and Industry, Ms. Tanimoto Yumiko, Conservative MP for Appleby. “Perhaps nuclear power will be absolete, or perhaps nuclear power will be refined even more, but whatever happens, we look forward to a brighter greener future. And as a plus, we can allocate more of our scarce resources into other energy consuming products. And I think it will help deter the use of nuclear weapons production as there is a much better use for it”.

We salute nuclear energy, saving the world through clean energy.

Allison Bartley, science editor for The Weston Mail

Other headlines

The University of Laxony Begins a Private Commission To Review Faculty

Phibetan Petroleum Company To Collaborate With Government To Send Free Fuel Supplies To Nations Affected By Fuel Shortage and Rising Prices

The Doomsday Clock Set By Phibeta’s Atomic Scientists Comission Sets The Time To 15 Minutes To Midnight Amid Tension And Fuel Shortages

Presenting Truth to Promote The Glory and Power of Phibeta. Backed by the glorious Nationalist Party of Phibeta.

--Mondola, 9 Sep, 2022--

Abetton Democracy, or Abetton Autocracy!?! The Truth on Abetton

Queen Ophelia, the new speaker of their House of Lords, asserting autocratic power over the democratic parliament

WRITTEN BY: Jeremy Candall, Radio Host of CandallU

It is no secret that Phibeta is proud of the democratic history that it has built in the past centuries. We have a proud tradition of both parliamentary rule and monarchial rule which abides by a loose constitution and tradition of freedom enshrined to us over centuries. But do you know what country does not have this proud tradition? The Kingdom of Abetton.

Abetton is one of our most notorious enemies that has been around for centuries. To us, they are notorious in implementing autocratic power, with a phony parliament just for show. We saw them sabre rattle their way in the 19th century as they went to war with several nations on the Meridional Continent for control several pieces of land, including the Sugar Isles to their north. They even tried to take over poor little Katase, who we gallantly protected during the Meridional War of 1861. If it weren’t for us, Katase would have been under the tyranny of Queen Beatrix, who was tyrannical in the sense that she allowed slavery to exist.

Of course the reader will ask “but that is all in the past, they are a constitutional monarch aren’t they?”. Well, after the failed attempt at a puppet republic, their revolution of 1871 restored the monarchy which left our influence over these heathenistic barbarians lost. And now to add insult to injury, they decided to do things differently than our constitution monarchy, under our parliamentary democracy. Their parliament consists of the House of Delegates, their lower house, and the House of Lords, their upper house. Now, it seems like our own parliament. But under my conclusion, it would seem that their House of Lords has more power over the lower house, which means that their government is the rule of the aristocracy, unlike our parliament, where the lower house is the superior house. Why is this? It could be the fact that their queen consort holds the office of speaker of the House of Lords! That is the worst thing to happen to a democratic constitutional monarchy. Giving the head of state the position in government is a no-no, especially if they are royalty. And this should be most alarming since the job of the consort is to support the current reigning monarch, whomever they may be.

This is just the rocky start to autocracy. And to add to that, Princess Peri (hey! Like the spicy sauce Peri-Peri!) conducted a sermon of their infidel religion! No monarch should have that much power over a church. Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, would never give such a sermon nor would her children. That is the job of the Archbishop of Drumchapel, as the queen’s role is the Supreme Governess of The Cardinal Faith. And as for their little daughter, this so-called miracle princess? Chysanthe Xanthe probably only has 5-6 years left to live, since she is so weak and puny.

And furthermore, they had the nerve to call us out on wanting to industrialize AHSCA, those poor little islanders in the south. Perhaps they have their own ulterior motives, perhaps they want to invade them as well? Not if we get there first! Abetton thinks they are so high and might as defenders of the smaller nations when they themselves fought to control poor little Katase in the first place. They have no right to do so to us! Of course, they couldn’t dare go to war with us. They would be squashed by our forces in mere seconds, if not conventionally, then with nuclear armageddon!

That is going to be the goal if the time comes. A swift takeover of the home, just as they tried to do in the 1860s. What we Nationalists want is a return of that republican puppet government where people are truly free from the tyranny of the dreadful House of Beatrix-Latimer. And perhaps in the end, a little sliver of their land to add to the Great Phitannian Empire.

I am Jeremy Candall, Radio Host of CandallU, for the Nationalist Bulletin.

Approved by The Nationalist Party
£1.50
Queen Diane II
Conquérants Du Monde
Headlines: Her Majesty, Queen Diane II Gives Birth | Phibetan Parliament Discuss Current Crisis In Northumbria | Mueseum of Phibetan History Opens New Exhibit On Dark Colonial Past

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:00 pm

United Island Office of Culture and Information (UNICIM)

Wednesday 14 September 2022

UISDF Engage in Military Exercises and Training

Duchess Orders Self-Defense Forces on Heightened Alert

by:Asuka Kotobuki, Sr. Reporter

Regional tensions are at a boiling point, with that Her Highness the Duchess has set the United Island Self-Defense Forces at a high state of ready alert as a cautionary matter and has ordered the Defense Officer to begin conducting a series of rigorous training exercises with forces from regional neighbors of Abetton, Cartoonia, Katase, Lamoni and The Imperium of Astares Amauricanum to ensure readiness in the unlikely event of AHSCA being pulled into conflict. The last several months have seen ongoing crisis and issues with the central nations of Greater Dienstad and the most recent nuclear detonation in Greater Ordena on September 07, which according to a report by F R E E • D Ì E N S T A D I • P R E S S was a terrorist attack with responsibility being claimed by a woman calling herself the Tsarina The Defense Office assures people, "...the uptick in domestic military activity does not mean the UIS is under direct threat but wants to be ready to stave off the unthinkable." The Honorable Defense Officer, Kurago stated to UNICIM. "the D.O. and F.O. are currently watching the ongoing situation in the region carefully and Her Highness feels this is the best action at present to ensure readiness."

In the meantime, full travel warnings are being advised and non-essential shipping to the central region is being scaled back dramatically. The UIS continues to rely greatly on it's Eastern neighbors and nations such as Phibeta in the far west to offset the loss in central revenue from trade, tourism and commerce. We also inquired if new exercises and stagey planning have also been sparked recent commentaries published in the The Nationalist Bulletin, a news outlet endorsed by Phibeta's minority Nationalist Party, which have said notably inflammatory rhetoric against the UIS, remarks echoed in Der Völker Beobachter; The People's Observer from Greater Ordena which also saw fit to insult GD's eastern bloc of nations, but currently F.O. VinoCacao has stated there's not great concern by the words of "a vote hungry party and a totalitarian racist government," and most of the focus remains on the ongoing conflicts within Greater Dienstand over a "few mean things said."

In the meantime, those entering the service for enlistment or conscription and those in reserve can be expected to begin extended training and readiness exercises in the coming weeks and months. Her Royal Highness is also expected to tour the Naval Facilities offshore and airfields to have a full inspection.

Locals mingle with tourists

Despite Early Reports, Festival Attendance Was Healthy This Year [/align]

by: Shino Asagiri, Junior Reporter

A month ago, outlook for our annual Holy Festival of Light was not looking as good, not to say awful but certainly not as great as the peak year in 2018 was. Ongoing issues in the region, rising costs of travel and living, and of course weather were looking to cause a downturn in foreign tourism. With tourism making up a good portion of AHSCA's economy, this could have issues for the fiscal year ahead, but things turned around and in the end festival attendance turned out better than expected. Tourism incentives from The Macabees and Mokastana alike really helped spur an influx of new visitors over the course of the festival and a little bit beyond as well.

For the most part, weather tended to cooperate with sunny skies to open the festival and intermediate rain and thundershowers scattered as the days rolled on by. Travel proved relatively simple for those seeking to island hop and nights gave star gazers a sight as a meteor shower dazzled advent stargazers taken in by AHSCA's beautiful dark skies and dimly lit nights.

Her Majesty, Duchess Villa

Her Royal Highness the Duchess once again gave a speech to open the week of celebrations, certainly more chipper and happier than this year as Her Highness continues to move on from the sordid mess with the Kyrenian Nobles. Sporting a casual outfit, The Duchess made her way to Constitution Square in the heart of Aurora Village and gave her speech to a crowd of gathers, the guards at her side making sure none got to close to Her Highness, thanking the Good Ladies for the year of blessings with stronger friendships forged with regional neighbors, and wishing the same blessings upon other members who are facing similar struggles as the UIS to economics. Hoping to repay the kindness of nations that kept the UIS in their thoughts, the Duchess is encouraging citizens to repay the kindness shown to the UIS this year. Certainly those maybe looking for a break from the rain and storm ahead of this years monsoons might soon find themselves going overseas.

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:31 am

TANGATAREHUA LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN TO BOOST TOURISM AHEAD OF TE WHAKANUI I A PUANGA FESTIVAL

18th September 2022
ImageImageImageImage

TAMAKI
The Imperial Tourism Corporation has launched a K2 billion campaign designed to attract tourists from Greater Dienstad to Tangatarehua, ahead of Te Whakanui i a Puanga (the Festival of Puanga).

Te Whakanui i a Puanga usually sees Tangatarehua awash in yellow and pink as kowhai trees (pictured) and cherry blossoms start to bloom.

"My message to the world is that Tangatarehua is rolling out the red carpet to foreign tourists and there no better time to visit than right now!" said Rangi Wiremu, the chairman of the Imperial Tourism Corporation. "What you will experience in Tangatarehua will be unlike anything else you have seen anywhere in Greater Dienstad or indeed the rest of the world.

"We are a unique culture that dates back over two millenniums and if you travel here you will experience hospitality like no other. To the people of Greater Dienstad I say 'Haere Mai!' which means 'Welcome'!"

The campaign has been timed for Te Whakanui i a Punaga, one of four annual week-long festivals and public holidays in Tangatarehua and which usually coincides with peak tourist season.

The festival, which marks the vernal equinox and the arrival of spring, traditionally honours the goddess Puanga - daughter of Rehua and (according to legend) the mother of the first Empress. It lasts from September 23rd until September 30th, with major public gatherings planned in all major cities and culminates in a fireworks display at midnight to celebrate the sighting of Tautoru (Orion's belt) in the skies - which in Tangatarehua heralds the imminent arrival of summer.

The festival is usually the most popular time of year for tourism as it follows the end of winter but precedes the summer monsoon season. The weather is predicted to be mild-to-warm, dry and sunny across the nation for this year's festival.

This year is hoped to be the first since 2019 in which the festival can draw in large crowds of tourists. In 2020 the festival was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic while in 2021 there were no tourists due to the borders remaining closed.

Tourism is Tangatarehua's largest source of foreign currency and the push comes as the government reckons with the largest balance of payments deficit since the war. Rising fuel prices, regional instability as well as the nation's geographic isolation when compared with the rest of the region are also considered factors in a recent loss of tourism revenue.

The Imperial Tourism Corporation is hoping that tourists from central and western Greater Dienstad who travelled to AHSCA for the Holy Festival of Light will consider travelling onward to Tangatarehua "while they're in the area" and the ITC intend to run advertisements as far afield as The Macabees, Mokastana and Phibeta.

The government is also hoping to attract tourists from the United Island States, following the large number of Rehuan tourists who travelled there recently for their festival. Indeed the Most Honourable Rangatira and the Department of State have expressed a willingness to enter an agreement to promote mutual tourism with AHSCA due to the two nation's geographical proximity and economic similarities.

IN OTHER NEWS:

EXPLOSION IN GREATER ORDENA "NO RISK" TO TANGATAREHUA

The Most Honourable Rangatira, Te Rata Te Rongomau, has confirmed that a large, possibly nuclear, explosion occurred within the borders of the Greater Ordenite Reich and that the detonation may have been caused by terrorists.

"Although we are deeply concerned by this development, the direct threat to Tangatarehua remains negligle," he said. "This incident serves as a timely reminder of the danger of nuclear weapons and why we will always seek to create a world in which such terrible ordnances no longer exist."

The Department of State also responded to the detonation by issuing a "friendly reminder" to "not play with nuclear weapons, as this can upset local wildlife, inconvenience local residents and is generally hazardous to health and safety."

GOVERNMENT RESISTS PRESSURE TO INCREASE DEFENCE SPENDING

Ngaire Roimata, the Mangai o Tangata, has stated that the government will not be increasing spending on defence despite growing signs of regional instability and several nearby nations putting troops on heightened alert.

"I am confident that the Tangatarehua Self-Defence Force remains adequately funded and equipped," she said. "Furthermore the risk of Tangatarehua being dragged into direct conflict remains extremely low at the present time."

Paora Anaru, an MP from the right-wing libertarian Whakapaipai party stated that he believes Tangatarehua should start seeking closer military ties with like-minded neighbours such as Lamoni, Abetton and Cartoonia. Whakapaipai as such become the latest political party to join calls for the nation to revoke Article 4 of the constitution and abandon pacifism.

The government has however reaffirmed its commitment to pacifism and Article 4, with the Mangai o Tangata stating that, "No matter how noble we may believe our cause, we must do whatever is necessary to ensure not only that we are never again visited by the horrors of war but also that Tangatarehua never again becomes a threat to world peace or guilty of the atrocities we committed in the 20th century."

The constitution currently allows for Tangatarehua to enter a military conflict only in the event of a direct attack or invasion.

PROTESTERS CALL FOR TAX CUTS AS COST OF LIVING CRISIS CONTINUES TO BALLOON

Thousands of protestors took to the streets of Tamaki, Whakaara and Wharekorana this week calling for cuts to GST and income tax as inflation continues to bite.

According to the WA, although Tangatarehua continues to have one of the highest rates of average disposable income in the region, this figure has dropped due to inflation and increased taxation.

Many protestors voiced their anger that, almost a year after being elected on a promise of tax cuts, the government have not only failed to deliver but have actually raised taxes in several areas.

The Mangai o Tangata has said that the government is still planning to cut taxes but warned that "this may also mean significant and unpopular spending cuts".

Mobile Site | Advertise With Us | Ad Choices | Terms of Use | Privacy | Cookies | About Tangatarehua Ao | Help | Accessibility Help | Contact Us | Te Reo Maori version
Last edited by Tangatarehua on Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook | Constitution | History | Embassies | You know you're from Tangatarehua when... | Q&A | Tangatarehua: All Endings | Faces of Tangatarehua

18 March 2024
News: Popular author Ariki Rawhiti Rakau dies aged 58 | Conservative MP says children should be banned from purchasing alcohol | Unemployment rises while interest rates continue to climb | Weather: Tamaki  ☁ 24°C | Whakaara ☀ 16°C | Wharekorana ☀ 17°C | Kaiika ☁ϟ☁ 28°C | Kotiropai ☂⛆ 21°C | Rakipa ☀ 27°C |  Kaitohura ☀ 18°C

NS stats should be taken with a grain of salt completely ignored. Please consult factbooks instead.

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 pm

www.News-Herald.et.com

Legal: Shocker at Supreme Court!
Split Decision Denies Appeal in West Payson Communist Extortion Case

In a surprise move by the Supreme Court, the justices declined today to review the ruling of the West Payson Territorial Court in the case of B’yabt vs. City of Little Ruzek Falls. The 5-4 vote saw justices Jeffrey Gillenwater, Joel D. Harmon, G’vradya Nagar, Matej Turacek and Michael Davis carry the denial of appeal, with Chief Justice Harry Scott joined by Shirley Rattner, Michael J. Meyer and Thomas A Nadler dissenting.

The case, followed closely in legal circles as it progressed through the courts stemmed from a complaint by plaintiff Ashton B’yabt, a manager of supplies at a Little Ruzek Falls nursery alleging extortion by the city in actions surrounding his request to install speed bumps on the street of his residence. His request was met with increasing belligerence on the part of the city’s mayor, Communist Sh’yar E’melleh according to the case filing. Mr. B’yabt claimed that the city’s at some point crossed over from denial of the request and ostracism at traffic planning hearings to criminal extortion based on suspicious revocation of his Accelafeed account, among other activities. Following his initial request to the Little Ruzek Falls Traffic an Highway Review Board, Mr. B’yabt wrote a letter to Mayor E’melleh bringing attention to frequent speeding citations on his street. The mayor unexpectedly took umbrage at Mr. B’yabt in fiery five page letter calling the plaintiff “a threat to the working people of Little Ruzek Falls” and denouncing his actions as “typical of the priveledged blood sucking merchants that feast on the very marrow of the struggling proletariat of this city”, and vowing to “use all powers at my disposal to see to it that scum like you are bludgeoned away from the trough of lucre”. The filing documented increasing and vocal hostility from the city, including the stationing of unmarked police vehicles at Mr. B’yabt’s residence around the clock during national and religious holidays, questioning of visitors to his home for his weekly card games by police, and intermittent refusal of garbage collection. When Mr. B’yabt showed up at a traffic review hearing to plead his case, he was refused time on the agenda. As he left the meeting, two police detectives told him that his presence at subsequent hearings was prohibited until further notice, due to “harm to ongoing legal matters” and “coordinating criminal activity”. It was at that point that Mr. B’yabt, suspicious of the discourteous manner of his discussions engaged attorney Linwood Irving, former Civic Platform member of the Ghastak to initiate proceedings.

Things took a turn for Mr. B’yabt for the worse in the following weeks. His wife’s car was keyed in a supermarket parking lot. When she called to make a police report she was cut off four times. On the fifth call, the desk sergeant told her “If you attempt to contact us again we will cite you for a false crime report and inducing public panic.” His daughter was unexpectedly expelled from her ballet class, and her son came home with a bloody nose and black eye. When Mrs. B’yabt called the boy’s teacher, she was informed that he should get out of the school, if she cared about his help. Water main repairs then started in front of his driveway. After a hole was dug, no work was done for six weeks. Shortly after that his bank repeatedly denied access to his online accounts, and he was notified by the city that the family’s primary health care appointments were cancelled for the next five months. When he posted his litany on Accelafeed, his account was canceled and all appeals summarily denied. At this point, Mr. Irving found out through an undisclosed source that e-mails existed linking the mayor’s office to the expulsion, banking difficulties and Accelafeed suspension. His filing in the District Court of Decatur claimed that the actions of the city in reaching out to private businesses amounted to criminal extortion, on the basis of violation of Chapter 1, Article 2, Section of the Constitution which reads “State authority is to serve all citizens and may be asserted only in cases, within the bounds, and in the manner provided for by law.” The District Court ruled in favor of the plaintiff. Following that ruling, the city appealed to the Territorial Court of West Payson, which reversed the lower court on the narrow basis that the activities of the mayor could not be proved to be extortion for financial gain. At this point, Attorney General Dan Venkempen expressed concern for “possible overreach on the part of the city”, and Mr. Irving filed a request for Supreme Court review.

Justice Nagar, speaking for the majority simply commented in her refusal that “This matter is regrettable, but a change in the law would be necessary to prevent this kind of egregious governmental behavior in the future.” A short dissent penned by Chief Justice Scott noted “In this context the extortion claimed does not consist in the narrow definition of financial damages, but is indicative of a more sinister use of police powers to enforce a political and social agenda on a private citizen”.

The ruling comes in the midst of this year’s presidential campaign. All candidates except Communist Brenda Sanders condemned Mayor E’Melleh. Miss Sanders refused comment. Civic Platform’s Kenneth Haan was most vocal, vowing to initiate legislation to extend liability for extortion to those private concerns coordinating harm to citizens with territorial and local governments.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:58 pm

Statement on Ongoing Protests

At the start of this year, Sir Wayne Scottington, along with Harold Smith, became the fourth individual to successfully climb Mt. Deephedge, the tallest mountain in The Ice States. Unfortunately, a fatal accident during his descent caused his death on the 2nd of January, 1416. Around this time, a new biographical novel known as "Mt. Deephedge Expedition" was distributed, which falsely clamed to be an autobigraphy, and claimed that Scottington's death was a suicide conducted in protest against The Empire. It also claimed that James Scottington's act of apostasy was "an act that nobody could blame him for", while describing Klyprer as "a propaganda image created by the Empire to justify its heinous history". According to Klyprer, the book was in fact authored by Smith in an attempt to breed rebellion against Klyprer and the divinely-sanctioned regime of the Ice States.

The Empire strongly condemns the lies distributed in this novel, and has in fact demanded the burning of all current copies -- such that anyone known to have a copy of the book in their possession shall be immediately sentenced along with their family. As proof of the book being composed only of misinformation, Shaun Schappel himself, of Mountain and Boulder Inc, has confirmed that MBI was responsible for providing the equipment used in the expedition, rather than a private organisation created by Scottington as alleged in the novel _

As the CEO of Mountain and Boulder Inc, I will likewise condemn the "Mt. Deephedge Expedition" book as nothing but, a misrepresentation of what Scottington did. MBI organised the provision of the resources used in the expedition, after he contacted us asking for us to manage his expedition. I believe that Icers should look past such propaganda to understand the virtue of Klyprer, the Emperor, the Empire, and the free market that is so important in our nation.

Unfortunately, this attempt to build rebellion against the divinely-favoured regime has led to mass protests and rebellion against the regime. These have gotten to such levels as attempts to commit arson against the royal castle in Stonegrad, and the use of deadly force against law enforcement officers. These protests have fortunately been quashed by the active and skilled Ice Military, led by General Lionel Burkes. We do not foresee much more further rebellion occuring. However, we condemn these rebellions, and affirm that not only are these rebellions based in nothing but lies, but they are, by themselves, representing effective treason against The Empire as well as the Lord of the Cosmos himself.

We would also like to thank the Ice Military for its efforts in suppressing these unjustified attacks on our nation's sovereignty, as well as Sir Wayne Scottington for his incredible work in climbing Mt Deephedge. He may be dead, but he is now living peacefully in the Underworld, regardless of the defamation others attempt to apply on such a legendary figure for the purposes of defaming the Empire.

Signed _

~Emperor Sotolo II,
Emperor,
The Empire of The Ice States

~Klyprer,
Lord of the Cosmos,
With behalf of the Chief Scribe,
The Empire of The Ice States
Last edited by The Ice States on Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:22 am

Statesboro Herald

Nieghboring Country is Choas!! Republic Moves To Stabilze The Situation!!

The Republic's literal next-door neighbor, The Kingdom of Northumbria, has collapsed into a state of what can reasonably be described as a civil war. The country had been facing building tensions in its House of Commons between Democratics, Centrists, Conservatives, Liberal Greens, and Communists and the recent election did not help settle tensions in any way shape, or form. The Greens and the Communists making massive gains in the House of Commons much to the general shock of the Centrists and Conservative government. Enough gains to allow the Greens and Communists to push the previous government out and form a new government.

This has many upset and accusation of vote buying, voter fraud, and rigging are flying Evidence to support some of these claims are emerging on social media were videos of people preventing poll watchers from viewing vote count by placing them too far or outright obstructing views with cardboard or plywood. Other videos show people bragging about collecting mail-in ballots for cash. These videos are rapidly circulating on social media and are stirring up a frenzy in certain demographics. Anger has begun spilling out into the street as crowds gather in cities to protest. Violence has broken out in the form of riots that have killed people and left the damaged property in their wake. This all happened just a week ago.

Then things dramatically escalated in the last 3 days. The Greens and Communists attempted to form their government and declare martial law. But they met resistance from the previous regime and the Crown. Unfortunately, a massive angry crowd of Green supporters stormed the Palace. A violent struggle best described as an outright battle broke out between the guards and the crowd. Gunfire was heard along with small explosions throughout the day and night as the battle raged. The status of the royal family is currently unknown.

More confusion reigned as the previous government then attempted to declare marshal law itself and order the military into the streets to stop the chaos. However, a split seems to have occurred in the Northumbria Armed Forces as some are following the previous government, some following the new government, and some doing nothing. This chaos has resulted in units fighting each other, fighting crowds of rioters and in at least one case caught on video of a three-way pitched battle occurring in the capital.

The Timocratic Republic Of Merika and its populace have been observing the ongoing events. The nervousness and general anxiety has rapidly climbed as events have spiraled out of control. Having recently survived not one but two civil wars within living memory, the populace is determined not to go through another such traumatic event. The voters sent a message loud and clear to the Senate and the President General, protect this nation and stop the madness.

Luckily, President Marai Overhill was observing the disintegrating situation with just as much alarm as the populace. Yesterday the Armed Forces launched an invasion of Northumbria across the land border. The 4th Army, consisting of 2 armored divisions, 6 mechanized and 5 infantry divisions, stormed across the border to stop the chaos and madness. The Air Force deployed 3 fighters and 1 ground support and 1 bomber squadron to clear the skies and declared a no-fly zone over the country. The Navy has decided to take the gloves off and deployed the entire 1st Battle Fleet. The Navy has instituted a blockade-like strategy of encircling the country's coastline and then moving to secure the harbors in conjunction with the Marines who are being put ashore to seize control of any port facilities

The Republic forces have encountered some resistance in all theaters. Planes have been shot down though reports are mixed and unconfirmed. Some reports state at least 2 passenger liners were forced down, at least one possible civilian plane was shot down and multiple Northumbria military craft were shot down. But again, these reports are unconfirmed. However, footage from the Republic Air Force has been released confirming the reports of many Northumbria military aircraft have been destroyed on the ground and airports damaged.

The Navy has faced similar issues in the waters around Northumbria. Civilian cargo vessels have been halted including food and medical shipments. The Northumbrian Navy mostly surrendered to the 1st Battle Fleet and its forces. Statements from the various commanding officers of both sides indicate a desire to avoid unnecessary casualties. However, this attitude was not shared by all of the Northumbrian Navy as at least 2 confirmed incidents occurred resulting in the exchange of munitions, and at least warship one ship was confirmed sunk. No major action or battles were reported when the Marines secured the port facilities.

The Army has faced the most resistance to the invasion which is meant to stabilize the situation. Currently the Army is halfway across the country as of the last update. Right now the forces are not entering the cities but surrounding them and cutting them off from the outside. Power and water have been cut off. Around the closest cities to the borders, these being the first ones surrounded, preparations are underway to enter the cities and quell any rioters and chaos. Skirmishes and outright battles erupted when the Army encountered groups that ranged from disorganized mobs to organized military units but the Army reports that it has "steamrolled" through any such opposition. Reports of casualties have slowly been filtering back.

The country that has been occupied is currently under martial law and stability has returned to those areas. The cities in the occupied zones are still in a state of chaos that varies from city to city. The Army stated that it will enter the cities within 24 hours of surrounding them. The Secretary of the Press has stated that "Once stability has been established all services will be reinstated and all commerce and activities will be allowed to continue." However, this probably little comfort to the people trapped in the cities and other places in the disintegrating country.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Phibeta
Envoy

Postby Phibeta » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:03 pm

Her Majesty, Queen Diane II, At Her Last Engagement. Her Birthday Salute at The Horse Guards

Her Majesty, Queen Diane II has been admitted to the Royal Cardinal Hospital this evening as she goes into labor with her second child. It has been announced back in June that Her Majesty was six months pregnant with another child, and now she is in labor, her second child due this month.

Dr. Gerald Walterson, the royal physician, has stated that Her Majesty is doing just fine and is currently in bed in the process of giving birth, all normal for someone giving birth. Sentries have been posted at the hospital gates to guard Her Majesty from outside harm, like her palace home.

Because of these developments, Queen Diane has canceled all of her royal engagements for the time being until she is discharged. Her Majesty has appointed her husband, HRH Prince Walter, Duke of Korngold, to be made Prince-Regent for the time being.

To repeat, Her Majesty is at the Royal Cardinal Hospital in Weston where she is currently in labor. We shall inform everyone of her condition once we receive more updates.

Sir Nigel Lemprey, royal correspondent for The Weston Mail

OPINION COLUMN: Northumbria, the Next Country in Peril

Submitted by: Lord Cory Lapland, Earl of Wintford

Another nation is in peril in the region again. This time we take a look at the kingdom to the north of the region. The Kingdom of Northumbria is the target of annexation goals by The Timocratic Republic Of Merika. Northumbria is a kingdom of which it’s monarch, King Erich IV, is a distant relative to our dear Queen Diane II of the House of Brisdor. The kingdom over ther now has now collapsed into a civil war after its last election, with frauds and disagreements galore.

I do not need to tell you that even though the current monarch is the head of a different nation, he is still a relative of the Phibetan Royal Family and thus have the rights due to him as such a member. It is apart of our national policy to recognize any member, no matter how distantly related, are members of the Royal Family.

We do not know the fate of the king, but it is certain is that if he is still alive, he must be returned to Phibeta to safeguard all members of the royal family. The Northumbrian government has failed to protect their monarchy, and now with a member of Phibeta’s royal family fate unknown, and a nation’s sovereignty at stake, we must call for an intervention in the area. The Timocratic Republic has no interest in a free Northumbria, but rather integrate it into their nation, and with the no-fly zone and the blockade enforced by The Timocratic Republic, it will make things difficult to bring him into our nation. Force may not be necessary, but our diplomatic standing in the world stage should help deter from a worse situation. All we want is the royal family member to be turned over safely, and for The Timocratic Republic to not only deter from hostilities, but to help stabilize their government.

The region is embroiled in tension already, the last thing we want is another great conflict.

The Pipes of The Phibetan Petroleum Company

The Phibetan Petroleum Company Announces New Underwater Pipe Line to Provide More Fuel To Nations Affected By Fuel Shortages

The President of The Phibetan Petroleum Company (PP), Mr. Jeremy Ackerman, has announced the development of an underwater pipeline as a continued promise to provide fuel to those affected by the current fuel shortage in the South Seas of Greater Dienstad. This comes about after he announced that PP was to increase oil and petroleum production to combat increasing fuel prices around the region. It is products extracted and refined in Commonwealth nations, including Xofrautan, The Gilligan Isles, Ambalt Reef, and The Harannican Peninsula. Normally, these would be transported by nuclear-powered tanker ships, provided by Cartoonia’s New New York Shipyards, but given the situation of piracy, and regional crisis, this might not be the best idea.

What the company proposes is a pipeline, stretching from the Phibetan Territory of Jabutii to the fuel tanks on the coat of Cartoonia. There is already a pretty long pipeline from Phibeta to the Territory of Jabutii, built-in 1995 to redirect the heavy traffic from Weston to the ports of Jabutii. With the recent crisis, PP’s new pipeline proposal could cut the shipping lanes altogether meaning that the fuel can pass underwater from Weston, to Jabutii, to Springfield, where trucks will deliver to the harbors of Cartoonia to ship them out in tankers.

“I believe it will help our regional friends over in the South Seas from the increasing fuel prices and shortages, especially in AHSCA, Tangatarehua, and other nations in need of cheap fuel supplies” says PP President, Mr. Jeremy Ackerman, “What we propose in collaboration with the Phibetan government is a way to ship our promises of free fuel and supplies to nations affected by the current crisis and fuel shortages”. Her Majesty’s Government under the leadership of Prime Minister Douglas Sousa has already submitted the proposal to the House of Commons where the bill to construct a massive pipeline will be debated upon and voted on. The main concerns for this new pipeline is of couse financial ones.

“It will cost the government £2.4 Billion in material and labour costs,” says both, Ms. Tanimoto Yumiko (MP for Appleby and the Minister of Energy and Industry), and Mr. William Marchant (MP for Falcon Haven and Chancellor of the Exchequer). Mr. Marchant raises concerns over the initial cost and the maintenance cost, and also reminds the public that “We are still continuing the free fuel scheme to our friends overseas, so not much revenue will come of it”. Ms. Yumiko has stated that “we have a surplus of oil and petroleum products. With the rest of the region also producing its own oil, we may not be able to sell our surplus anyway”.

Nationalists are beginning to protest this so-called “giveaway of national stockpiles”. “We are giving away our nationally extracted resources to lesser countries” says the leader of the Nationalist Party, Clifford Sellers (MP for Mondola). “These barbarians do not deserve our most cherished resources”. He also mentioned that if they wish to get our oil, they should do it fair and square with blood and steel, impling that war would be the only option for our friends across the sea to get resource surplus. Thank goodness that the Nationalists are not in power then.

The pipeline is scheduled to be built later this year once the House of Commons approve the budget for this project. It is one step closer to closer relations with our regional friends.

Brayden Doyle, economics editor for The Weston Mail

Other headlines

Polls Begin For The Up-coming Local Elections. A Way For The Political Landscape To Be Crafted For The 2025 General Election

House of Commons To Convene To Discuss The Current Situation In Northumbria

The PBC Proms Concerts Begin, Showcasing The Best of Phibetan Classical Music And Great Musical Groups
Queen Diane II
Conquérants Du Monde

The Macabees
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Macabees » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:39 pm

FEDOR PUBICLY BACKS THE REPUBLIC'S ANNEXATION OF NORTHUMBRIA
"It is what is best for the stability of the region," reads the official external memo released by the Imperial Bureaucracy

FEDALA ⁠— While the Timocratic Republic's invasion of neighboring Northumbria remains in its early stages, His Imperial Majesty Fedor was quick to give public words of support for the annexation. In a statement signed by the emperor and released by the Imperial Bureaucracy, He says that "the collapse of Northumbria into civil war and the attempted rise of a communist government give just cause to the Timocratic Republic for its invasion. The operation will help restore the administration of justice in that country, will maintain the openness of its markets to international trade, and will help avoid cascading instabilities caused by other parties seeking to capitalize on Northumbria's momentary weakness." Fedor also made a public request for the Timocratic Republic to help locate and transfer King Erich IV, if still alive, to the government of Phibeta in exchange for an official endorsement of the new Timocratic-led government. The emperor offered to arbitrate negotiations between the two governments, if necessary.

Northumbria has been politically stagnating for some time. Its legislative body has been unable to make practical decisions as the tension between the various factions increased to a boiling point. Testament to the ongoing political drama in Northumbria were the recent elections, in which the Green and Communist parties were able to make large strides in terms of the number of seats captured. Indeed, the gain was so extensive that the two parties earned the power to arrange a coalition government. That their victory surprised many in the country is an understatement. Widespread accusations of voter fraud have been made and it is alleged that the Green and Communist parties participated in a conspiracy to fake the vote. After tensions boiled over to violence, the new coalition government declared martial law which triggered a fracturing in Northumbria's armed forces. Soldiers of the Timocratic Republic invaded in the early morning hours following this civil violence, while the Timocratic air force conducted an efficient surprise strike on Northumbrian airfields and air defense systems. Northumbria remains under a temporary embargo while the occupation is completed.

Many in the Golden Throne have come out speaking against the annexation. Newspapers throughout the province of Beda Fromm, always a hotbed of borderline-seditious public opinion, accuse the Timocratic Republic of imperialism and condemn the invasion. There is broader support among the public in the provinces for an independent government in Northumbria under Timocratic oversight, perhaps in a similar arrangement to the satrapies of Nicaro and New Empire or to the 'subject allies' of Samarasta and Free Killia. However, popular anti-imperialist sentiment is not shared by the federal government, which issued a public statement in support of the attack.

The Timocratic Republic is a member of the Northwest Mutual Military Alliance, of which the Golden Throne is an observer and on which it has leaned in recent regional tensions. Specifically, the Golden Throne has not released the pressure on punishing Czasludya for its aggression against imperial trade in the Northern Vanguat Sea. This dynamic surely plays a role in the Golden Throne's endorsement of the Timocratic invasion.

Besides the endorsement, the Golden Throne has not hinted at any further moves related to the situation in Northumbria. Its military remains focused on restructuring, refitting, and limited action around Samarasta and the Ice States, aside from ongoing pacification efforts throughout the empire. The only additional actions taken by the Imperial Bureaucracy includes the extension of amnesty rights to the Northumbrian ambassador in Fedala, all diplomatic workers wishing to remain in the Golden Throne, as well as any staff members of Northumbrian consulates throughout the empire including old embassies turned consulates in the territories and satrapies. However, these embassies and consulates have been ordered to close while the situation in Northumbria clarifies itself. Also, the Imperial Bureaucracy has initiated a new process to document trade losses from the embargo for possible compensation to producers and intermediates who suffer economic damages as a result. This last initiative is important for how the Golden Throne's opinion on the Northumbrian acquisition may change over time.

Rumors generated by low- and mid-level sources inside the Imperial Bureaucracy suggest that dialogues have already begun between representatives of the Golden Throne and their Timocratic counterparts over potential economic deals in Northumbria. Specifically, the Golden Throne is likely to pursue opportunities to give its companies a lead in investment opportunities. These include raw resource extraction, access to Northumbrian markets for the sale of goods and digital services, as well as investment in the economic arteries of the annexed country. Economic expansion has become a front-and-center topic within the empire now, with the armistice between it and the Ordenite Reich holding. The demobilization of soldiers trained and shipped to Gholgoth, meaning a rapidly expanding labor force, makes the demand for economic expansion even greater. It is natural that the Golden Throne seek to carve out its own piece of the economic pie in Northumbria, in return perhaps for agreeing to defend the Timocratic claim on Northumbria against any government looking to dispute the annexation with the use of force.

For now, anyway, the Imperial Bureaucracy's response remains limited to public endorsement. Any discussion between the two governments on economic opportunities remains in their infant stages. And the empire will surely remain relatively muted on the entire matter while it waits for the rest of the region to reveal its position. But given the empire's even restrained status within the Northwest Mutual Military Alliance, its relationship with Eitoan, and its desire for closer ties with the alliance, it should remain rather clear whose side the Golden Throne will remain on.

OTHER NEWS

• Ejermacht to unveil Nakíl 2 main battle tank and Shakal wheeled combat vehicle family.
  • Laerihans is reportedly close to unveiling its new multirole stealth fighter to replace GLI-76.
  • Ice States leadership visiting Macabea and Fedala.
  • Poaching activity has spiked in Samarasta, which has responded with a private military contractor-led anti-poaching initiative.
  • In the provincial Senate, senators debate the strategic value of Kríerstatón 'Potthan.'
Former Sr. II Roleplaying Mentor | Factbook

The Macabees' Guides to Roleplaying, Worldbuilding, and Other Stuff (please upvote if you like them!)

Patrick OConner
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Patrick OConner » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:10 pm

Official Statement From The Timocratic Republic Of Merika

In accordance with the will of the duly elected government of the Republic and the Will of the people that it is expressing, accommodations are to be made for others in the ongoing crisis. The Republic Armed Forces are now allowing observers from outside nations and nongovernmental organizations to enter the Kingdom of Northumbria. This will be allowed beginning in the next 12 hours. Aid for the affected people will be allowed in the country.

This will come with some limitations to said, observers. Observers will be allowed access to all non-classified areas. Observers will be allowed to roam the country excluding secure areas and designated battle zones. Observers are allowed to bring in their own guards and vehicles or can request such from the Republic Armed Forces. Observers are allowed to bring up to 10 guards and two armed vehicles per 1 observer.

Forgein Aid for the affected areas will be allowed in. Aid will be allowed to enter through any of the designated entry points (these being airports or ports). Any aid will undergo inspection and examination by the Republic Armed Forces. Aid can be distributed by the workers or Republic Forces as desired. Non Governmental Organizations are allowed to bring in no more than 2 platoons of guards and 10 armed vehicles. As many normal vehicles can be brought in as necessary for the distribution of aid supplies. All such are subject to inspection and examination by Republic Armed Forces. In such event as vehicles can be found or imported the Republic Armed Forces will help in the distribution and and guarding of such aid supplies until they can be distributed.
Member of Task Force Atlas
IATA Member

I choose the second definition of it. This meaning rule by virtue and not owning land to be allowed to vote or hold political office. Instead one is required to serve time in the military (currently 6 years)

Tech Level: Mix MT/PMT

Agar-Na
Lobbyist

Founded: May 04, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Agar-Na » Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:59 am

Prince Harold Comments on Northumbria Situation

In an unusual proclamation, Prince Harold II Fragev announced approval of the recent moves by The Timocratic Republic of Merika in stabilizing the neighboring Kingdom of Northumbria. The statement was only the second direct mention of foreign affairs by Prince Harold during his reign, and the first since Agar-Na’s accession to the Northwest Mutual Assistance Agreement (NMAA). By Agarese tradition such matters are handled by missive from the Prime Minister or the Foreign Ministry, but in this case Prince Harold has leapfrogged that in order to make his position clear. The Prince issued the declaration during his stay at joint exercises with the Eitoan Army at Uhwe, in central Agar-Na. Prince Harold was accompanied by sons David, the Prince Successor, and Samuel, currently serving in the navy. This is the first year the joint exercises have been conducted under the auspices of the NMAA. The Prime Minister’s office informed the press that as per protocol, the statements of the Prince are absolute in reflecting the standing of Agar-Na before foreign powers, and that the entire government is in recognition of that fact.

Text of Prince Harold’s Statement

With the Help of Heaven

I, Prince Harold II Fragev, Lord above all nobility of Agar-Na, defender of the faith and champion of the Agarese people speak for the nation. The actions of the government of The Timocratic Republic of Merika in providing stability and order for the people and rightful king of Northumbria have come to my attention, and I signify and convey approval of these actions. This nation and The Timocratic Republic are now joined in alliance, and it is of utmost importance to show support for that country in safeguarding the peace, stability and progress of the northwest. For without law and order, chaos runs rampant and threatens all decent states in our region. The flame of communist treachery, ignited in Northumbria must be stamped out entirely and wholly lest it spread the cancer of that evil philosophy in Greater Dienstad. The same goes for their dupes and allies, the stupid and destructive Green movement. I personally view the storming of the palace in Northumbria as an affront and a dangerous precedent to rightful and orderly governance, and this must be suppressed without consideration as to cost. Rights can be restored and damages repaired after disruptions under wise and thoughtful leadership, but can never be recovered from the death grip of communism. The rigged election, rioting in the street and most of all the subversion of the Northumbrian armed forces are an alarm bell to all right thinking peoples. I want to recognize, in the name of the Agarese people the prudent and proactive leadership of President-General Marai Overhill in taking the action necessary to rectify the situation in Northumbria. May her actions serve as a warning to all that would disturb order and legality that the nations of the NMAA stand ready to meet aggression and subversion with the necessary force to end any threat, be it from foreign malefactors or criminal elements operating sub rosa. I hereby officially instruct Foreign Minister Abravanel to convey the support of The Principality to President-General Overhill and Secretary of State Shannon Meek.

I Have Spoken.

Harold II Fragev, Prince of Agar-Na

Reaction to Prince Harold’s Declaration

Observers at The Palace, at The Foreign Ministry and among the press in Agar were surprised by the frankness of Prince Harold’s statement, and the timing of it, coming on the heels of NMAA accession. Most see this as an indication that the Prince is taking his role as head of state in NMAA quite seriously, this running contrary to his usual laissez-faire view of government, and foreign affairs in particular. While in the Ralkovian War has caused a change in his attitude toward his role in governing, we haven’t seen such a stark an bold statement to date..

Some of that may have been masked by the traditional deference in political matters to the Prime Minister, but the Prince has always tended toward a conservative view in domestic matters, and the destruction visited on Agar-Na during that war and the recent dust up between The Golden Throne and the FRCP may have refocused his attention. Others see the invisible hand of Eitoan diplomacy in his decision to address the Northumbria disturbance directly. His statement follows on the heels of yesterday’s note from Eitoan Secretary of Foreign Affairs Andrew Falkowski that “We support the government of The Timocratic Republic of Merika in restoring order in Northumbria”. While President Shrdlu leads in the polls, Free Democrat politicians in his own party have been silent about the Northumbria crisis, possibly reticent to stir antiwar sentiment and avoid handing the Socialist and Communist candidates in next month’s Eitoan presidential elections an issue. A prompt to Prince Harold could be deciphered as a mechanism for President Shrdlu to signal support for strong anti communist measures without raising ugly implications about the loyalty of Eitoan communists. Given the outrage at the recent Supreme Court decision on communist censorship and intimidation in East Payson territory, holding back on direct criticism of the Northumbria insurgents would be seen as turning down the heat on the issue before election day.

Support for Prince Harold’s statement was evident from both parties in the Popular Assembly. Monarchist leader Da-Ja Feld said Strong action is needed to stop radicalism. Prince Harold and Prime Minister Shapira are right to support Merika in their efforts. The weakness of the Northumbrian politicians provided a green light to radicals of every variety and perversion, and a strong hand is needed to put an end to that. This is a lesson to all Agarese, nobility or commoners. Across the aisle, Liberal Party leader Viktor Mraz commented The series of unfortunate events in Northumbria shows the need for wise, careful guidance from the monarch. The Timocratic Republic is providing this guidance there. This is a lesson for Agar-Na, as we continue to move toward greater openness in our society and a more democratic political process, in measured steps under our beloved Prince.

Charter Approval for Western Inland Bank Shakes Up Agarese Finance

Late yesterday the Royal Bank of Agar-Na approved changes to investment banking chartering rules to authorize the application of Western Inland Bank to conduct operations in The Principality. The 10-1 vote of the Board of Governors allows Western Inland to do business in investment and commercial banking, marking a change in policy to allow greater foreign investment and ownership. The new bank will be headed up by Augustín Pokorný, currently president and chief operating officer of The Malina Bank, Agar-Na’s fourth largest investment bank. The deal was organized by Pavol Kollar, leading partner of the accounting firm of SJM. Revenues for the deal have rocketed SJM to the lead position among Agarese accounting firms from third place. Western Inland is expected to dominate Agarese investment banking, largely capitalized by Macabbean giant Dienbank, and Eitoan’s KLE Financial Trust, the second largest financial institution in Eitoan. It starts out with a long list of foreign clients from both countries, and others eyeballing purchase opportunities across the Agarese landscape an in all sectors of the economy. Poorly performing companies will be at risk as larger, better finance concerns seek to expand their market share in the Great Inland Sea basin, and take advantage of proximity to the Eitoan market. Long neglected, under performing lordly estates may be a target for acquisition as aging nobility may see opportunities to cash in on dwindling assets while the market is hot. Another target would be lands despoiled during the Ralkovian War. Some areas have been denuded of farmland, forest and even villages as Eitoan and Ralkovian forces battled across the Agarese landscape.

While the influx of foreign money is generally beneficial, higher unemployment can be expected among industries where investment and maintenance has lagged. Unskilled labor may be hard hit as up to date mining, agricultural, manufacturing and logistical processes and systems are installed under new management. Conversely, demand for white collar, professional and technical talent will be boosted. Agar, other coastal cities, and college towns will see a rise in resident foreigners as businesses gear up to meet investor expectations, especially in those areas where native talent is scarce. Some of the unskilled unemployment will be offset by demand for new construction, both commercial and residential to meet the needs of the new owners and their more prosperous employees and secondary services. The Mount Chrakev neighborhood in Agar, mostly modest middle class houses is being eyed by real estate developers as an area of opportunity for the new talent, and aspiring Agarese. Some have concerns about inflation in urban housing markets. Western Inland’s charter does not extend to mortgage banking, but it could be amended to cover that within the next year or two. The demand for technical expertise should also drive demand for an upgrade to Agarese education at all levels. Although the issues has received scant attention in The Royal Council, Liberals and Independents in the Popular Assembly have long agitated for greater funding for Royal Universities, greater investment in vocational education and extension of mandatory school attendance to age 18 from 16, and these expected changes in the economy should give renewed vigor, and support from the business community to those efforts.

Tangatarehua
Ambassador

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tangatarehua » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:16 am

BUDGET 2022: TAX CUTS, SPENDING CUTS AND A GRIM ECONOMIC OUTLOOK

13th October 2022
ImageImageImageImage

TAMAKI
Ngaire Roimati has delivered her first budget as Mangai o Whenua, with major spending cuts planned as the government seeks to stem the budget deficit amid a grim economic outlook.

Ngaire Roimati delivered her first budget to Parliament

The Mangai o Whenua painted a grim picture of the nation's economic outlook, with inflation set to peak at 7.2% by the end of the year and the economy likely to shrink by 0.3% but predicted to return to growth in 2023. In more positive news, unemployment has fallen to 5%, from 9% in October 2021.

"The last government has left the Imperial Government in a very dire economic situation which requires urgent correction," she told Te Whare o Mangai [the House of Representatives]. "Some of these indicators are due to external factors we have had no control over - the pandemic and regional tensions have pushed up fuel prices and negatively affected our tourism sector.

"However, tough times call for tough measures. We will all have to tighten our belts as we grapple with the legacy of debt and fiscal irresponsibility that Ropu Mahi [the Labour Party] left us with when our government took office."

Roimati, who campaigned on a policy of tax cuts, announced that the top marginal tax rate will be cut from 36% to 33% while the bottom marginal tax rate will be abolished entirely.

"From now on, the first 200,000 Kohatus [US$10,000] that you earn will be yours, entirely tax free. This will alleviate pressure on low income individuals whilst encouraging people to work," she said.

As a caveat, her planned income tax cuts will be paid for with a rise in Goods and Services Tax (GST) from 10% to 15% which Roimati said was "essential for plugging the huge budget blow-out that the last government created".

The government announced that it will freeze fuel duty for one year, as Tangatarehua grapples with record high fuel prices. She further announced that the government is prepared to subsidise fuel costs to ensure they are remain capped at a maximum of K600 [US $3] per litre, should they continue to rise.

Fuel prices fell this week after Jeremy Ackerman, the President of the Phibetan Petroleum Company, announced plans to increase petroleum production and ensure its export to the South Seas region of Greater Dienstad and are expected to continue falling this spring and summer.

However, excise tax on cannabis and alcohol is set to increase.

STUDENTS TO TAKE THE BRUNT OF SPENDING CUTS

The Mangai o Whenua also announced a series of spending cuts, the most controversial of which will see the introduction of fees for tertiary education.

"This is not an ideological decision nor something which I anticipate retaining long term" she said. "But the reality is that we cannot afford to subsidise all levels of education at the rate we currently are, and as such we are going to ask students to contribute to the cost of their post-secondary education."

Students studying toward qualifications in industries with a defined worker shortage (such as healthcare, IT and construction) will be except from paying fees.

"If you're studying toward something genuinely useful, we will continue to support you. But if you're planning to spend three years doing a degree in, say, gender studies, or fine arts... then yes, we are going to ask you to make a contribution."

Teachers are unlikely to fare much better, with the government announcing that teachers payrates will remain at 2020 levels despite record high inflation, which teachers union president Moana Waimarie said "amounts to an 8% pay cut in practice and is a real slap in the face to our nation's hard-working educators."

Healthcare will also take a hit, with nurses pay likely to see only a minimal increase and Roimati hinting that partial privatisation may be on the agenda.

The government's social welfare and housing agency will also see a significant cut, the brunt of which is likely to be borne by the elderly and unemployed.

The Tangatarehua Self-Defence Force will see a 'modest' increase in expenditure "as an acknowledgement of the volatile global environment" with funding now secured for a second nuclear powered submarine.

Meanwhile, a quarter of the budget will go toward servicing the national debt - which Roimati emphasised was "[Labour]'s legacy of economic failure and irresponsibility."

OPPOSITION ACCUSES GOVERNMENT OF "TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH"

The budget has seen almost universal condemnation from the opposition benches, with Matau Hapori [Right Socialist] leader Tama Paea calling it a "typical right-wing neoliberal budget from a government trying to mascarade as centrists".

"I honestly thought that the merger of Ropu Ripera and Manapori would do some good - I thought that the government were finally putting to bed the myth of trickle-down economics and getting with the times. Well, this budget certainly shows otherwise - it shows that for all their rhetoric this is just another tax cut for the rich, being subsidised by the poor."

Matau Hapori welcomed the K200,000 tax free threshold but argued that the rise in GST will disproportionately affect low income earners "all the while, the rich are enjoying a thoroughly undeserved tax break!"

Atawhai [Conservative] leader Tipene Rangi, whose party became the largest opposition party this year following the schism of Ropu Mahi, also condemned the budget saying that it was "disgusting" that the government were willing to fund subsidies for oil while making cuts to essential services.

"These people have absolutely no honour!" he said. "What message does this send to future generations? We are going to fund the very thing destroying our environment and oh by the way, now you have to pay for your education with money you don't have!"

The budget received tepid support from the Whakapaipai [Libertarian] party, who praised the tax cuts and spending cuts but said the government "didn't go nearly far enough".

"Very few countries offer free tertiary education. Why? Because these are not children needing their hands held but adults, who need to learn as the rest of us do to pay their own way in the world!" said party leader Nikora Ruiha. "There are positive steps in the right direction, but if you want to cut inflation you need to cut taxes across the board - including and especially GST!"

Maui Hapora [Left Socialist] leader Kiri Moana accused the government of softening the ground for privatisation of healthcare and education.

"That's what this budget is really about," she said. "They are laying the groundwork to sell our taonga [treasures], that is our public healthcare system and our public universities to greedy foreign investors who will jack up prices for profits. Only the rich win from this budget."

Comments:

Koura280 ­­
No measures designed to stop tax evasion? Why am I not surprised? If they're serious about plugging the deficit maybe go after all the multinationals who pay no tax here?
(Auto-translated from Maori) see original

Peekehuna
Who wrecked the economy in 2014 again? Was it students? The elderly? The unemployed? Oh no that's right - it's the Toa-owned corporations who all donated to Ngaire Roimati's election campaign. Let's cut taxes for THOSE guys!

Kaipahura7
Imagine how much worse it would have been if the socialists won the election? Yes we have to make cuts now to pay for their budget deficit but imagine how bankrupt we'd be now if Tamati Kahurangi was still there to steal money from the treasury? The hysteria is absolutely unjustified, just typical leftists who don't understand economics.

18 March 2024

Holy Marsh
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 09, 2007

Postby Holy Marsh » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:23 pm

Marshite Expat Profile: AHSCA

Jala, Raiumi Region, AHSCA- A tropical rain has settled over the region, sending most of the citizens of this small village inside before the worst of it shows. Gijariv Estil is one of them, her foppish attention to appearances threatened by the common squall. "Sorry about not being able to reschedule," the professional beach dancer says with a shy grin, "so much to do and you can never really trust the weather reports much out here, can you?" She finishes before ordering her drink. The little coffee shop will have go close before long, lest the heavy winds blow too mightily through its open structure.

In the distance, Saint Isutal Joint Base is unusual in that unlike the small village we are currently sitting in, it is made up of nearly entirely modern materials built to withstand siege, let alone mild storms. It shares that with the local Marshite Shrines, and both serve as shelters in times of conflict as well as when powerful storms threaten to do more than dislodge and unsettle the locals. They are testaments to the long-lasting friendship between the peoples and the bonds they feel, and their relative timidity of construction in comparison to other Marshite bases and structures also lays bare their myriad differences.

Gijariv knows these differences well. Born in the Frelakan Communities, a clustered collection of mixed Commune-Primitive Shrine ran villages near the south-western coastal tip of Holy Marsh, she was used to the steady and driving workload that awaits all Marshites in the Theocracy. A fisher, a swimmer, a performer- there is always work to do, always schools to attend, always a drive to excel and serve. "I was raised right and well by the Church. I am still deeply loyal to the Church and Faith," Gijariv is quick to say, perhaps wary of the common stereotype of emigrating Marshites of being less loyal or faithful. Gijariv was Caste Three student, having gone through the System before its changes, and applied to join the Amphibious Assault Grouping (Otherwise known as Marines) out of her conscription. She served during Operation Riptide as a member of the 325th Amphibious, and wears the uniform and the medals the unit won during the campaign proudly during local festivals.
The 3rd Regiment of the 325th rotated post-war to being the on-station Marshite forces in Saint Isutal. Tasked with working with local military forces to improve their readiness, Gijariv soon fell in love with the prototypical 'islander' lifestyle, far breezier and less demanding than a Theocratic life. "I love my homeland, but I was- and am- tired," Gijariv says with a wearied smile, "I guess I wasn't cut out for it."
If that is the case, it speaks to a growing truth. Marshite emigration is on the rise across the region. With Marshite media starting to cover the outside world in increasing detail and the Arch-Bishop Herself encouraging those who wish to live differently to seek out their true happiness (while maintaining fealty to the Church), record numbers are leaving every year. The majority of these leave to join nations that are close allies of the Theocracy, such as AHSCA.

As the 3rd Regiment prepared to rotate out and Gijariv saw that she was still set to serve fifteen more years, she spoke to her Shrine officers about her desire to terminate her service and move to AHSCA. Leaving the service voluntarily is exceptionally rare- military service is considered not only the most noble and important role in the Theocracy, but is financially the best compensated. Every year, masses of conscripts apply to join. Only a small number make it every year as individuals or units, replacing the worst performing individuals and units. This made Gijariv's decision easy to accommodate but hard for many of her comrades to understand.m "I still speak to most of them, but there were a few that looked at it as abandonment. Tough times followed, but we're on speaking terms now."

Gijariv wasn't immediately released, nor allowed to emigrate. Instead, she was transferred to the Saint Isutal Administrative Divisio- SIAD- the maintenance and continuance group that stays on station and prepares outgoing and incoming deployments. Most are lifetime appointments who live locally, while those wishing to emigrate are commonly employed. While this was mostly designed so that emigrants may still service the Theocracy before finally leaving it, it is also informally used to allow Marshites to adapt to local culture and customs before a final decision is made. "The Theocracy makes most of the decisions for your life back home. Your clothes, your education, your home, your food. They set it all up for you so you just have to get the job done. The job they put in front of you is always hard, always time consuming, and you're free beyond that. But here? Hell, most other nations? None of that is taken care of. You've got to do it. Seems like a simple thing, but in the Theocracy there is no such thing as a light bill or an accountant, grocery shopping or scheduling a doctor's visit. It is hard for some to adjust to, even if everything is far less intense here."

Like some, she has adapted well and after her service ended was allowed to stay in AHSCA. Several years would follow as she established the necessary credentials before recently being given citizenship. During that time she encountered a common problem with Marshites seeking to start a new life- in AHSCA, and beyond. "You can take all the classes they offer and start to understand how it all works logically. But when you're used to your government leaving you with no money, having no money becomes the standard!"
Indeed, Marshites are renowned for work ethic and willingness to work any job, and equally so for their consistency in donating much of their earnings not needed to live to their local Shrine. This often results in Marshites becoming poverty-stricken (if unbowed) in harsh times. AHSCA is no different, and the region around Saint Isutal has many Marshites that straddle the line between homeless and poor. It isn't uncommon for Marshites to be paid less and worked harder in jobs of higher calling, or for them to be asked to do the jobs others will not. Luckily, the local culture doesn't put much stock in material goods and the necessities are easy enough to come by. Marshites blend in with casual ease here, often made note of more so for their devotions than anything else.

Gijariv performs as a dancer on the beach, participating in individual and group shows for tourists and locals alike. This rarely provides enough for her to live very comfortably, but she supplements it with being a willing hand in fishing expeditions and other local jobs. She recently returned from the Festival of Light, where she performed for a host of small parties and individuals. "I love being able to perform, love the lightness and light of this land and my life. I've spent some nights under a harsh moon when times were rough, but the light always comes. That is what this place means to me. Light, love, purity of soul. What more can an earnest soul ask for?"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents