NATION

PASSWORD

Pro-Anthro Coalition

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Teccor
Minister

Founded: Oct 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Birkaine wrote:Me, par example. I'm a nation of arabs, whites, blacks, asians, latinos, slavics and aryans of basically all religions living together without much problem; but furries and nekos are hunted down and used by the ministry of science as lab rats.

((OOC: I suggest adopting a more ethnic-friendly stance towards the Neko people, at the very least. Otherwise, I may just have to liberate them after I finish smashing Drachmania into the ground.

On a different note, do you think we could arrange for Birkaine to ship the beleaguered people to Teccor, in exchange for a recompense fee?))
"The modern definition of "racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal leftist." -Peter Brimelow
Important People
Minister of Commerce: Alexander Ferinzei
Minister of International Affairs: Mayumi Thyme
Minister of Internal Affairs: Desmond Vito
Minister of Defence: Martin Langfield
Wars
Shataristani War (Treaty Reached)
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War
You... you snowman! ~ New Kereptica, on Racial Slurs
I find flipping people off to work quite well ~ Buffet and Colbert, on Dating
Zetion wrote:Fuck PETA, my meat tastes better knwoing they dont want me to eat it.
Marquesan wrote:Furthermore, a news flash. This just in from the department of pancakes: F*ck waffles.

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:01 pm

Teccor wrote:
Birkaine wrote:That last one's a catgirl, different from furry (think of it as the spanish flu and the swine flu, the same damned thing but one's worse), but still the same to the eyes of the vast majority of Nationstates in the sense that it's nothing but a mutant that must be exterminated.

((OOC: *looks back at the catgirl picture* Who would want to exterminate That? If I knew who they were, they'd be dust by now, lol. My nation's population is around 23% Neko, and we're fighting a war on their behalf, so...Whoever has a problem with the Neko have a problem with me.))

[OOC:Well, if you saw GWO's response on the first page, he would. Although seeing as he's currently being invaded by AMF I don't think Anthro Haven need worry about GWO coming to exterminate him.]
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Birkaine
Minister

Founded: Jan 01, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Birkaine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:04 pm

Well, go ahead and liberate.

On another note, this being the Ministry of Science, they have a blank check from the government, so money matters very little to them (yet they treat science as holy); the main body of the government isn't even involved, so that to liberate these captives you'd need to speak to the Ministry.
ECON (Engagement Condition):-3
-1. Total nuclear war -2. Total war -3. Large-scale war -4. Major war -5. Medium-sized conflict -6. Small conflict -7. Skirmish -8. War by proxy/economical war -9. International crisis -10. Peacetime

"When the cavalry needs cavalry someone f' up."
-Estainia

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Teccor wrote:
Birkaine wrote:Me, par example. I'm a nation of arabs, whites, blacks, asians, latinos, slavics and aryans of basically all religions living together without much problem; but furries and nekos are hunted down and used by the ministry of science as lab rats.

((OOC: I suggest adopting a more ethnic-friendly stance towards the Neko people, at the very least. Otherwise, I may just have to liberate them after I finish smashing Drachmania into the ground.

On a different note, do you think we could arrange for Birkaine to ship the beleaguered people to Teccor, in exchange for a recompense fee?))

OOC: I think its cute when people who've been here for a month try and intimindate people. Its funny. And NS has never been very furry friendly. Ever. When ever groups like this pop up, someone always jumps in a genocides them. Its a tradition.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Brogavia wrote:
Teccor wrote:

OOC: I think its cute when people who've been here for a month try and intimindate people. Its funny. And NS has never been very furry friendly. Ever. When ever groups like this pop up, someone always jumps in a genocides them. Its a tradition.

[OOC: Well, perhaps now's a good time to forget tradition and leave this guy alone. I should point out that, to my memory, there are a couple of Kitsune-using nations that no-one has genocided yet.]

Teccor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:25 pm

Birkaine wrote:Well, go ahead and liberate.

On another note, this being the Ministry of Science, they have a blank check from the government, so money matters very little to them (yet they treat science as holy); the main body of the government isn't even involved, so that to liberate these captives you'd need to speak to the Ministry.

((OOC: MB-22s? Again? Please.

How may I contact the ministry, then?))
"The modern definition of "racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a liberal leftist." -Peter Brimelow
Important People
Wars
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War
Zetion wrote:Fuck PETA, my meat tastes better knwoing they dont want me to eat it.
Marquesan wrote:Furthermore, a news flash. This just in from the department of pancakes: F*ck waffles.

Birkaine
Minister

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Birkaine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Teccor wrote:

AMRAAM-D = 250km
R-99 = 600km. Nuff said.

Also, the ministry can be contacted trough a normal diplomatic means, they aren't very secretive.
-1. Total nuclear war -2. Total war -3. Large-scale war -4. Major war -5. Medium-sized conflict -6. Small conflict -7. Skirmish -8. War by proxy/economical war -9. International crisis -10. Peacetime

-Estainia

Brogavia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brogavia » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:29 pm

Ozymos wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Teccor wrote:

[OOC: Well, perhaps now's a good time to forget tradition and leave this guy alone. I should point out that, to my memory, there are a couple of Kitsune-using nations that no-one has genocided yet.]

OOC: Traditions are here for a reason. If we let them start up, we open the foodgates. Soon enough, NS will become infested with threads about furry orgies, and yiffing. Not long after the furries, comes the weabos, internet tough guys by the truck load, and all of the other trash that surf the net.
Playing NS since Jan of 2006

1010102, Unjustly Deleted

Agent of the Timegate, if you expose me I'll kill you

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Brogavia wrote:OOC: Traditions are here for a reason. If we let them start up, we open the foodgates. Soon enough, NS will become infested with threads about furry orgies, and yiffing. Not long after the furries, comes the weabos, internet tough guys by the truck load, and all of the other trash that surf the net.

[OOC: I don't believe that for a second. And if that sort of thing (furry orgies, Weabo invasions) happens, you can count on my support to get rid of it. However, a good RPer who has a nation of furrys is no problem to me. So, excuse my french, but in this instance tradition can go f*** itself with an aubergine]
Last edited by Ozymos on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birkaine
Minister

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Birkaine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:49 pm

OOC: I think that when you already have furry orgies and weabos, no ammount of IC nuking will ever do.

-Estainia

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:52 pm

Regarding the post here.

Just for the hell of it, I feel like answering the question, without bias or attempt to troll, bait, or flame.

The former is considered by most so-called "experts" in the sub-culture as most definately "furry". A character or creature that is clearly displaying anthropomorphic characteristics. Or in other words, it is an animal-like critter walking on two legs, acting, dressing, and talking like a human.

The second, the Nekone, is more of a gray area.
There is a saying. "Ask ten Furries what "Furry" means, and you'll get fifteen different answers."
What this means is there is no clear distinction on what is or is not "truly furry".

I personally tend to stick to a rather narrow definition. A "Generic Furry" is any critter which could loose the animal traits and function identically as a plain human. If there is nothing in manner, physiology, or psychology which makes this being clearly non-human, then it is a Generic Furry.

Personally, in roleplaying I am somewhat dismissive and rather annoyed by Generic Furries. To me they display a lack of originality or creative effort to make ones creations stand out from the million and one other identical such creations.
I will acknowledge and even respect any attempt to make ones' "furry" into something more than just a human-with-fur.

Now on the subject of actively and openly attempting to exterminate any such "Furry Menace/Abomination/Infection/Whatever". As shown above, I'm not all that defensive of Generic Furries. They irritate me when used in a blatantly "Furry Pride" manner on a roleplaying site. This means I won't actually do much to help them.
If someone goes out of their way to try and make their "furries" more unique, then I will most certainly be willing to step in and assist; and I am more than willing to cross that "unspoken barrier" between MT and FT. This assistance will no doubt lead to cries of "Godmod!" and "You can't do that!", which I will summarily ignore.

For the furry-hate crowd here. I've taken it upon myself to try and hone Anthro Haven, to help him get used to NationStates, and hopefully mold his ideas into something slightly less controversial and prone to spontaneous combustion. Should my efforts prove fruitful, I would urge and advise those here threatening acts of violence and extermination to back the hell off.
After all, to some species, human flesh is quite sweet...
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Teccor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Brogavia wrote:
Ozymos wrote:
Brogavia wrote:
Teccor wrote:

OOC: Traditions are here for a reason. If we let them start up, we open the foodgates. Soon enough, NS will become infested with threads about furry orgies, and yiffing. Not long after the furries, comes the weabos, internet tough guys by the truck load, and all of the other trash that surf the net.

((OOC: I am by no means a furry. I just ICly believe that all sentient beings have rights equal to those afforded to humans. Let the moderators deal with the 'yiff' shit. Keep that stuff away from me.))

Birkaine wrote:
Teccor wrote:

AMRAAM-D = 250km
R-99 = 600km. Nuff said.

Also, the ministry can be contacted trough a normal diplomatic means, they aren't very secretive.

((OOC: Okay, I call BS on your little missle. The longest range Air-To-Air munition in RL is only 250km as far as I can find, and do you even know how far 600km is? It's roughly the longways-length of Eritrea. That's a longass way for a missle to travel.

If would have to be the size of a cruise missle to have enough fuel, and if so, how would it maintain the agility required to hit a jet going multiple machs?

PMT maybe, FT definitely, but MT? Nope.))
Last edited by Teccor on Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Important People
Wars
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War

Salzland
Ambassador

Founded: May 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Salzland » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Birkaine wrote:
Teccor wrote:

AMRAAM-D = 250km
R-99 = 600km. Nuff said.

OOC: Y'all should stop clogging this thread with off-topic arguments.
The Armed Republic of Salzland (Citizen: Salzlander)
    Proud ODECON Member
    Dagora Doctrine Signatory
    CASTLE Accords Signatory
    Polaris Initiative Member
    Akiwealth Member

Embassies: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1134

Flag Courtesy Of Fictions
Risk Management Incorporated: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=55886

And there came a day, a day unlike any other, when Earth's mightiest heroes and heroines found themselves united against a common threat. On that day, ODECON was born—to fight the foes no single nation could withstand! Through the years, their roster has prospered, changing many times, but their glory has never been denied! Heed the call, then—for now, ODEVENGERS Assemble!

Retired Roleplaying Mentor

Birkaine
Minister

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Birkaine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:59 pm

I would reply trough TG is Teccor hadn't blocked me. To reply, the longest-ranged A2A missile travels 400km. This one achieves more range by being bigger, having a ramjet instead of a rocket, and using lifting wings. It maneuvers with the use of TVC, common in SAMs and some aircraft.

-Estainia

Yekrut
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Pro-Anthro Coalition

Postby Yekrut » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:16 pm

I was going to stay out of this thread, but I’m starting to think that failing to comment would be a Bad Thing™.

I have no illusions about this: Somebody (indeed, probably a lot of somebodies) are going to be really upset about my stance. Oh, well: There’s a principle involved, and it needs to be defended.

My nation is a pure MT nation. As such, the only kind of furry I will recognise is this kind:

If any other kind of furry shows up in a thread and its owner tries to say that it has special abilities, I will ignore it. Period. If the owner of the furry is the OP, I won’t be entering that thread; if someone else is the OP and they let the furry be more than a person in a fursuit, I won’t be entering the thread. If I’m the OP, furry nations can go ahead and enter, but their furries will be treated by all as people who like to dress up as animals.

This position is not subject to compromise.

I have fantasy puppets and they have different rules; some of my other MT puppets may pursue a relaxed version of this rule. But for Yekrut, this is ironclad: Your furries are people in fursuits, or they don’t exist. No exceptions.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:18 pm

Official Message from The Senate
To
Furries

We have long ago issued an order that allows all and any Moralites to shoot genetic 'Furries' on sight. Inhumanism will not be tolerated here, they are a threat to our culture and way of thinking, a stain on the history of Mankind, a dark-corner in the lit room that is Morality.

Justice is Morality - Drafted by Senator Gaius Octavius
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Birkaine
Minister

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Birkaine » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:25 pm

OOC: @Yerkut.... Well, there's not many abilities a furry can have,.... but what if they include the obvious disadvantages of a furry. Better smell? Incapacitated by even trace ammounts of non-lethal chemical weaponry. Better hearing? Ears bleeding after operating artillery. Better sight? Behold the lasers. Not to mention most furries would have absolutely rubbish sight for combat.
Last edited by Birkaine on Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Estainia

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:26 pm

Anthro Haven wrote:I am fully aware, and ready to stand by what i believe in.
My nation is not afraid to fight you for the sheer rights of my people.

-Message From The Lone Alliance-
The last nation that pulled that against GWO was the "Free Furry Islands", it is now an island chain blackened by fire where nothing grows. The entire population was exterminated, shut up or they'll give you the same fate.
-Ministry of dealing with Stupid nations.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Ozymos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:29 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:
Anthro Haven wrote:I am fully aware, and ready to stand by what i believe in.
My nation is not afraid to fight you for the sheer rights of my people.

-Message From The Lone Alliance-
The last nation that pulled that against GWO was the "Free Furry Islands", it is now an island chain blackened by fire where nothing grows. The entire population was exterminated, shut up or they'll give you the same fate.
-Ministry of dealing with Stupid nations.

[OOC: Assuming of course he doesn't become a blackened-by-fire-where-nothing-grows nation when AMF is finished with him]

Yekrut
Envoy

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Pro-Anthro Coalition

Postby Yekrut » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm

OOC: No. It’s a realism issue. Furries qua furries don’t exist; they’re just people pretending to be animals.

Again, some of my other puppets may relax this rule. Yekrut won’t.

BTW, I’m starting to like the practice of using spoilers to cover OOC posts.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Yekrut wrote:OOC: No. It’s a realism issue. Furries qua furries don’t exist; they’re just people pretending to be animals.
Again, some of my other puppets may relax this rule. Yekrut won’t.

I do have a question for you then. How would your nation react to having MT-era alien species present on Earth? Just for example, if the group of Vulcans were to start a colony on Earth, discarding all their FT/PMT technology and living by MT standards. Would these be recognized as a separate species, or simply weird Trekkies who have pointed earpieces permanently glued to their heads?
What of even less human-seeming species?
What of mythic creatures, should they be given life on the stage of Nationstates MT?
Everyone is entitled to their view of the world in NS, such is the fractal nature of it's reality. I am simply curious how large or small your personal worldview is.

Yekrut wrote:BTW, I’m starting to like the practice of using spoilers to cover OOC posts.

It is quite useful, isn't it?
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Brydog
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Brydog » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:47 pm

OOC: More hate = more love from me :roll:

TO: All Involved Nations

The Liberal Democratic Republic backs the rights of all sentient creatures including genetic furries. We support this group and it's member nations.

Signed,
Walter Wolfenhowser
President of the Republic and Lord Chancellor of the Commonwealths
President Erika Stossberg
Vice President Karl Flieger
Wolfenhaller National People's Party
The Liberal Democratic Republic of Wolfenhalle
Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy." - Jorge Luis Borges

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:54 pm

Omnicrest wrote:
Anthro Haven wrote:((OOC: no, they are 3D, just look different. Just like furry nation is mainly composed of Anthropomorphic people.))

((Ew... do you realize how WEIRD photorealistic anime proportions would look? O_o Biologically speaking how would they even survive? Those big eyes would be gigantic evolutionary flaws, and the tiny noses would never be enough for them to breath through... then again, they have gigantic mouths, so I suppose they could just breath through them... but what about the women? Their gigantic breasts would snap those tiny waists like toothpicks >>))
They have a stronger bone structure than the average human apparently. Which is why they can take getting a mallet to the head and just have to put a little X sign Bandage on it.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Postby The Lone Alliance » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Of course if you're oppressing Nekos maybe I'll have to step in as well.
--------------

Teccor
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Teccor » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:24 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:

Of course if you're oppressing Nekos maybe I'll have to step in as well.

((OOC: I will wholeheartedly support you if you decide to take action to free these people from the inhuman hell that is their life in Birkaine. Any liberated Neko would find a happy home in Kamyaru. ))
Important People
Wars
WarLev
Peacetime
[Arms Build-up]
Small-Scale Conflict
Full-Scale War

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents