NATION

PASSWORD

The Mentors and Trainers Hub

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:17 am

Alexiandra wrote:I'd like to sign up as a trainer.

Also am I right in thinking that Trainer is sign-up, whereas mentor is a position that is offered to you should you be deemed good enough?

Trainer is a sign-up yes, but you at present don't have to supply anything. Originally, you had to apply to become a Mentor, and that has since finished. I don't think they'll be accepting anymore, but I may be wrong on that point ;)
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010

Postby Alexiandra » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:18 am

Kylarnatia wrote:
Alexiandra wrote:I'd like to sign up as a trainer.

Also am I right in thinking that Trainer is sign-up, whereas mentor is a position that is offered to you should you be deemed good enough?

Trainer is a sign-up yes, but you at present don't have to supply anything. Originally, you had to apply to become a Mentor, and that has since finished. I don't think they'll be accepting anymore, but I may be wrong on that point ;)

Thanks for clarifying. So now I wait for Jenrak to take a look at my post?
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:38 am

Mentors may or may not have more positions open up in the future. The crystal ball is somewhat foggy about that right now and it all depends on a few key aspects in the future. Just further clarifying on Kyle's post, anyway.
Last edited by Cyrupe on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am

[bandwagon]I'd like to be listed as a Trainer if that's alright with everyone involved. [/bandwagon]
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Solm
Senator

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Solm » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I'd like to sign up for a trainer, I love helping anyone I can. I already tried the, "Need Help? Feel free to TG Me" in my sig for several months, only got one person who asked me questions in a period of over 3 months of having that in my sig. And Jenrak, you should add the nation BBcode to all nations listed as trainers and mentors.

Retired: ns .hellodot. solm @ gmail .dot. com

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Solm wrote:I'd like to sign up for a trainer, I love helping anyone I can. I already tried the, "Need Help? Feel free to TG Me" in my sig for several months, only got one person who asked me questions in a period of over 3 months of having that in my sig. And Jenrak, you should add the nation BBcode to all nations listed as trainers and mentors.

I agree.

It'd just speed up the process of finding someone if you can already click their name on the list ;)
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Ralkovia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralkovia » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:52 am

I'd love to be a mentor, if you'd have me.
Spig: Ralk, what is ur Zionist Jewnazi Agenda?
Ralk: PROLIFERATE POTATO
Divair: this is the first time I've literally just stopped doing everything just to stare at a post.
Kirav wrote:This is NationStates. Our Jews live in Ralkovia.

Maudlnya wrote:You guys talking about Ralkovia?
*mutters something about scariness up to 11*

Ralk: I have stacks on stacks and racks on racks of slaves.
BlueHorizons: It sounds like you're doing a commercial for the most morbid children's board game ever, Ralk. :<
Releign wrote:
Leningrad Union: Help me against Ralkovia

That's a Jew octopus with a machine gun.
I think I will pass.
Lyras:You know, you're a sick fuck, yes?
New_Edom:you're so coy Ralk. You're the shyest of dictators.
More Funny/Intimidating Quotes About Me Short Summary On Ralkovian Policies.

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:07 am

I would be interested in being a Trainer, for some reason I have been asked a few times for help by new players and I quite enjoy the process, so if the sign up is still open then I would be happy to do so.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

Underium
Senator

Founded: Jun 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Underium » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am

I would like to volunteer to be a trainer. Thank you for your consideration and time for just reading this.

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:21 pm

If possible, I would like to become a trainer or even a Mentor. Thank you in advanced.
Last edited by Tiami on Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Demphor
Senator

Founded: Jun 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demphor » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:11 pm

I'd like to be a trainer, and a mentor if it's open.

I've had experience RPing.
Get money out of politics, join Wolf PAC
iiWikiNational Anthem of Demphor
“When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
~ John Maynard Keynes

Hobit
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobit » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Jenrak, I wouldn't mind helping out being a trainer or mentor. I've had plenty of RP experience, and would love to work with some of the new members of NS, and heck I might even end up improving my own RPing along the way. If you want some RPs as reference just ask and I can happily supply some links.
Capital: San Cristóbal
Leader: King Henri IV
Economic Left/Right: -2.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.23
Guanzhong wrote:
Albrante wrote: :rofl:
Kind of odd calling someone a martyr when you kill him :lol:

We made him a martyr for you and all you do is complain! The nerve of some people!
Teccor wrote:-snip-
Uni, calm the fuck down. If you can't, stand up from your keyboard and go outside for a bit.

Arivada, get off this thread. You honestly don't belong here. Solm has an interest talking to you about your ideas, so TG him.

NCR, you're not helping.

Hobit...Just keep being awesome. I can't ever think of a bad thing to say about you. :p

Laswh
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laswh » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:01 am

I would love to be a mentor
Last edited by Laswh on Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
haha, just kidding

Don't be tiny. be BIG

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Give me some time, guys, and I'll get you updated when I'm not on a phone.

The Greenlandic League
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greenlandic League » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:41 pm

I would like to put my name forward as a mentor. If you are looking for previous work, I recommend you also check my posts under the accounts "Balthorvia" and "Greenlandic People".

I do not always have a ton of free time for NS, but I would love to use what I can spare to help this unique site continue to thrive.
Member of ODECON
Info Pages: Wiki
Formerly known as Greenlandic People

Leistung
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 pm

:DD
Last edited by Leistung on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Forcing people to write like others isn't my goal. I cannot speak for everyone, but I know at least the core group of mentors I can personally say I know through the IRC or through strong OOC contact on NationStates do not feel like that is the goal. We're there to help, just like many other non-mentor players are there to help. We are not there to force our own views, opinions, or styles on any player that asks us for help be they new or old. To do that violates the program and I would be the first to resign if I found out that was the case.

I think we've all given each other rather rude, immature labels that need not be spoken of now. We got our lashes in and vice versa and we should focus on licking our wounds as a whole rather than as a fractured community. Diversity is necessary, and people of different styles and talents should always be available to those fresh off the digital boat and into the bay of sharks we call home. I think having a more open trainer program helps greatly with the diversity that the mentors alone cannot provide. Plus, you know, gives others a chance to sit on the big boy wheel and get public exposure about wanting to help.

Leistung
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Sorry if there's some misunderstanding, but no part of my post was in reference to anything you or any other mentor has ever done. In my first sentence, to try to avoid being misconstrued as being argumentative, I tried to make it clear that all of your actions have made me rethink my original dislike of the mentor program.
Last edited by Leistung on Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Cyrupe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrupe » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:59 pm

I probably need to re-read things before I post in reference to them. I wasn't directly referring to anything you said, but just took a longer looping way to say that I'm glad you took some time and rethought about your feelings towards the mentor program. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Leistung
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Ah right okay, my mistake then.
Last edited by Leistung on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:49 pm

I'd like to apply for trainer status. Jenrak, you remember me, that guy who basically got whooped in a single turn in the NSTCG Tournament? Yeah, that one. Plus, I'm not that bad of a Role player, and I'm around basically 24/7, which means I can help anyone in the late night-hours, as well as overflow in the afternoon (Because we all know that's when people are most likely to go online).
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:33 pm

This looks nice, and I'd like to be a Trainer. But I don't know exactly what they do. Do they have RPs with newbies, and show them the ropes through that? Help them construct storefronts, factbooks, and RPs?

Anyway, a resume:
F&NI:
I have six factbooks in my sig, and a seventh will be added.

II:
The Great Crusade
Songnam War
Im Zeichen Des Zodiak
Ultimate RP 1.0
The Consotrium
Our Last Stand
And may, many more.

GE&T
I actually have no experience here.

General
Numerous political "discussions"/ pissing matches

A&F
I'vve started a few LOTR and literature threads a year ago, but nothing much.

F7
The genius behind the Powers threads (2.0 to come out), the New High School RP, and a few others.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:This looks nice, and I'd like to be a Trainer. But I don't know exactly what they do. Do they have RPs with newbies, and show them the ropes through that? Help them construct storefronts, factbooks, and RPs?

Anyway, a resume:
F&NI:

II:
The Great Crusade
Songnam War
Im Zeichen Des Zodiak
Ultimate RP 1.0
The Consotrium
Our Last Stand
And may, many more.

GE&T

General

A&F

F7
The genius behind the Powers threads (2.0 to come out), the New High School RP, and a few others.

I can verify this guy is awesome and would make a great trainer.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

-Deus-
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Deus- » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:41 pm

The Ben Boys wrote:This looks nice, and I'd like to be a Trainer. But I don't know exactly what they do. Do they have RPs with newbies, and show them the ropes through that? Help them construct storefronts, factbooks, and RPs?

Anyway, a resume:
F&NI:

II:
The Great Crusade
Songnam War
Im Zeichen Des Zodiak
Ultimate RP 1.0
The Consotrium
Our Last Stand
And may, many more.

GE&T

General

A&F

F7

Basically speaking, they just help out where help is needed. A nice list for new players to look at and basically think "Oh, okay, I can totally get help from these people. THANKS, INTERNET!"

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm

-Deus- wrote:

Anyway, a resume:
F&NI:

II:
The Great Crusade
Songnam War
Im Zeichen Des Zodiak
Ultimate RP 1.0
The Consotrium
Our Last Stand
And may, many more.

GE&T

General

A&F

F7

Basically speaking, they just help out where help is needed. A nice list for new players to look at and basically think "Oh, okay, I can totally get help from these people. THANKS, INTERNET!"

That sounds cool.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents