NATION

PASSWORD

The Mentors and Trainers Hub

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crymodynia
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crymodynia » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for the advice guys.

Kleomentia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kleomentia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:47 am

Kylarnatia wrote:
Kleomentia wrote:I would like to sign up as a trainer.

Read through the Opening Post [First Post] of this thread and you'll see the requirements you need to do to become one ;)

I would quote it for you, but slow as hell internet makes me feel sluggish D:

Oh, sorry i forgot to read that part. :blush:
NSG's God of Derp and Randomness, Monarchist&Capitalist and a patriotic Christian Serb
Also, wubwubwubwubwubwubWUBwubwubwubwubwubwub...

"In this primitive world of greed and stupidity, peace can only be achieved through fear, a brute military force which will unite the world under one flag!"
"We know nothing, but wish to do everything."
"Kosovo is Serbia! Failing to acknowledge that either proves your ignorance or lack of education."
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Galenaima wrote:
BLASPHEMY! THERE HE IS! IMMA CUMMIN' JESUS!!!

*jumps out window*

I'm quite sure Jesus didn't wish to know that.
National Information
Join Slavya!

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:04 am

Kleomentia wrote:
Kylarnatia wrote:
Read through the Opening Post [First Post] of this thread and you'll see the requirements you need to do to become one ;)

I would quote it for you, but slow as hell internet makes me feel sluggish D:

Oh, sorry i forgot to read that part. :blush:

No probs.
The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Tasmorica
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmorica » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:39 pm

i'd like a Roleplay Mentor so i can get help and get my rp off the ground

Tiami
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 24, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Tasmorica wrote:i'd like a Roleplay Mentor so i can get help and get my rp off the ground

I'm not a Roleplay Mentor, but I can offer my help if needed.
Founder of TETism and 18-year NS vet
|| All things II RP-related || Discord: nstiami || FN&I General Help ||
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||
|| Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3 || The Best Quote ||

Tasmorica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmorica » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I have a question what makes a good and popular roleplay. Because mine is unique and as right now its dead.

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Tasmorica wrote:I have a question what makes a good and popular roleplay. Because mine is unique and as right now its dead.

Lots of pew pew.

Unfortunately.

Correction: that makes a popular RP. It rarely makes a good one.
Last edited by Santheres on Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Tasmorica
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tasmorica » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Santheres wrote:
Tasmorica wrote:I have a question what makes a good and popular roleplay. Because mine is unique and as right now its dead.

Lots of pew pew.

Unfortunately.

Correction: that makes a popular RP. It rarely makes a good one.

i kinda of figured

Xanontova
Secretary

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xanontova » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:47 pm

mine has pew pew but no players

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:48 am

Xanontova wrote:mine has pew pew but no players

The problem with yours is that it's very niche and exists outside of the overarching NS universe. While there's nothing wrong with that sort of RP, and in fact I'm trying to get just such a one off the ground right now myself, it's hard to get the vast majority of players to branch out from playing their nation's governments and military. You can rarely even get them to play their own citizens.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Alexiandra
Senator

Founded: Feb 04, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alexiandra » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:48 am

Any news on my NSTrainer app yet?
'A distinction is made in private life between what a man thinks and says of himself and what he really is and does. In historical struggles one must make a still sharper distinction between the phrases and fantasies of the parties and their real organisation and real interests, between their conception of themselves and what they really are.'

United Gordonopia
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gordonopia » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:57 am

Alexiandra wrote:Any news on my NSTrainer app yet?

This has been said to everyone, but I'll bring it up again: the decision on your trainer app will be announced as soon as it's made. Until then, be patient. Pestering to find out 'how far along' it is only makes it look like you're in it for the title, as part of the thing people who are judging this are looking at is how much you help without even being asked/without a reward. Relax, it takes a few weeks to get through, since there's five people working on this and you need a majority to get accepted.
If you ever have an RPing question, please TG me about it.
Also Known as Kazmr

Host: Baptism of Fire 51, 53
Third Place: Cup of Harmony 56
Semi-Finalist: World Cup 63

New Bentley
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bentley » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:40 am

I do believe that I would make an excellent Trainer or even a Mentor. I bring a wide variety of knowledge to learning situations, and even, outside of learning situations. Fellow nations may argue that my nation is far too small or weak for you to allow me to become a Mentor or Trainer, but I assure you I am quite capable.

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:43 am

New Bentley wrote:I do believe that I would make an excellent Trainer or even a Mentor. I bring a wide variety of knowledge to learning situations, and even, outside of learning situations. Fellow nations may argue that my nation is far too small or weak for you to allow me to become a Mentor or Trainer, but I assure you I am quite capable.

Follow the proper application as well, and they will consider you for trainership.
Mentorship only comes when someone leaves for any reason.
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

The UGFLSPN
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The UGFLSPN » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:57 am

I need someone to assess my alliance thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143427
Is it good enough to be an actual alliance?
United Galactic Federative League of Sovereign Planetary Nations
Come visit our capital of Megalopolis City, home to the Intergalactic Committee
Motto: “Follow The Law Of Spode, And All Shall Be Clear”
"We the UGFLSPN follow the one, true Philosophy of Faith! Woe be to those who do not share our beliefs in the teachings of Spode, for they are wrong in the face of all that is right. If you were to repent now and admit your wrongness, we the UGFLSPN may take mercy upon you and help you to see the way of the Rightness!"

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 am

The UGFLSPN wrote:I need someone to assess my alliance thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143427
Is it good enough to be an actual alliance?

The exact goals of the Intergalactic Committee aren't clear. The charter says the alliance wants to "unite together to bring peace and harmony to the universe" and has some white-knight/lawful good stipulations for joining (don't glass worlds, don't use WMDs, respect sapient rights, sovereignty, etc.) but it never says what it is the organization actually plans to do. Is the idea simply to strengthen each member nation by assisting each other in domestic matters? Is the Intergalactic Committee going to go out and enforce its ideals of "peace and harmony" through diplomatic, economic or military strength? What, exactly, is the purpose of the Intergalactic Committee, in a concrete way?

Also, a section on trade and defense would be good. How is trade conducted between members of the Intergalactic Committee? Is it free trade, restricted trade, favored trade, no difference in policy from trading with any other nation, or what? Militarily, are members of the alliance required to sign pledges of non-aggression or mutual defense to each other? Will the Intergalactic Committee have its own standing military force drawn from the forces of its member nations, or is each individual state expected to contribute its fleets and armies in the interests of the organization where needed?

That's all from me for the moment.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Norway
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Norway » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:16 am

viewtopic.php?t=144938&f=5&view=unread#unread

Yeah they're blatantly ignoring posts against them, perhaps someone with a different shade of green may catch their attention.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Norway wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=144938&f=5&view=unread#unread

Yeah they're blatantly ignoring posts against them, perhaps someone with a different shade of green may catch their attention.

The main problem here is he's declared war on a place that, while it exists IRL, does not in the NS universe. Don't even worry about RPing with them if you don't like the way they RP, because nations like them come in all the time, make ~20 posts about taking over the world, get bored and leave. Not even worth worrying about, is my opinion here.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:29 pm

New Hayesalia wrote:
Norway wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=144938&f=5&view=unread#unread

The main problem here is he's declared war on a place that, while it exists IRL, does not in the NS universe. Don't even worry about RPing with them if you don't like the way they RP, because nations like them come in all the time, make ~20 posts about taking over the world, get bored and leave. Not even worth worrying about, is my opinion here.

???

If the RPer wants it to exist in his RP then it does exist in his RP. From what I can tell, most people have their own set definitions of the NS universe, and there is no "one size fits all" definition from such.
Retired

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 am

Milograd wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:

???

If the RPer wants it to exist in his RP then it does exist in his RP. From what I can tell, most people have their own set definitions of the NS universe, and there is no "one size fits all" definition from such.

This entirely and completely.

For instance I largely RP in NSVerse as being the regions on the NSWorld map and some other regions (e.g., I hold land in Guanxi, which isn't on the NSWorld map but I consider it apart of my cannon and my NSVerse), archipelogoes and selected countries dependent on nations I'm rping with.

If I wish to join an rp that's largely based in RL geography then RP as either a merchantile empire in the Med or as a lolUK.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 pm

-St George wrote:
Milograd wrote:???

This entirely and completely.

For instance I largely RP in NSVerse as being the regions on the NSWorld map and some other regions (e.g., I hold land in Guanxi, which isn't on the NSWorld map but I consider it apart of my cannon and my NSVerse), archipelogoes and selected countries dependent on nations I'm rping with.

If I wish to join an rp that's largely based in RL geography then RP as either a merchantile empire in the Med or as a lolUK.

George, Guanxi no longer exist. The replacement region is Sondria.
Last edited by Tiami on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| IIWiki || ANI News || Military Worldbuilding || RPing Questions? Ask Here! ||

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:26 pm

Tiami wrote:
-St George wrote:This entirely and completely.

George, Guanxi no longer exist. The replacement region is Sondria.

Interesting.. so what's up with my in-context legitimately claimed colonies in Guanxi then..?
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Tiami
Post Marshal

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tiami » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Yohannes wrote:
Tiami wrote:George, Guanxi no longer exist. The replacement region is Sondria.

Interesting.. so what's up with my in-context legitimately claimed colonies in Guanxi then..?

Not sure. Send me a TG or something about your claims and I will post them on the forums we have.
I believe your claims will be changed over to the new map when it gets finished.

Kagetora
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Kagetora » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Milograd wrote:
New Hayesalia wrote:

???

I disagree based on the ruling that you can't RP as real life nations. The idea that they did exist ICly is accepted, but for them to exist in the present requires someone to role-play as them, which isn't allowed in II and NS.
If you want help with something, simply send me a telegram. I'll do my best to respond intelligently, and if I can't I'll refer you to someone who can.
Caladan Imperium||Montgomery Broadcasting [EII]

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Kagetora wrote:
I disagree based on the ruling that you can't RP as real life nations. The idea that they did exist ICly is accepted, but for them to exist in the present requires someone to role-play as them, which isn't allowed in II and NS.

If you're RPing with someone who RPs their nation as what is pretty much a carbon copy of an IRL nation, it is allowed iirc.
Retired

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents