NATION

PASSWORD

Council of the International Freedom Coalition (IFC ONLY)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Roma Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:29 pm

Resolution Number: 29

Resolution text:

Vote: 9-1-0

NOTE: This tally includes votes cast on the Discord+the votes of the nations who submitted the resolution as that is assumed to be for
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 am, edited 7 times in total.
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma
NRI General Information | NRI Military Overview
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! | #ValaranSoFab

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:46 pm

Lee Byung-suk turned on the microphone and began to speak.

"The steps toward the universe are the grand goal and ideal of mankind. It's also a place of enormous resources and potential. If we go into space, the benefits will be enormous. We vote Aye on resolution 29."
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:56 pm

“Aye. The Netherlands has many great faces of astronomy and Astro-physics and would love to help and get help for the sailing into the stars.”

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 pm

"The Federal Union of Guadalupador believes that the human exploration of space is a noble endeavor, paramount to the survival of the human species as a whole. We Dorians pride ourselves, much like our Roman and Shazite counterparts, in putting the exploration of outer space at the forefront in national policy. The establishment of a space program for the Coalition is the first great step into a new age of prosperity and development with our member-states leading the way for the human race. The IFCSP will be a lodestar for the further development of humanity and the permanent lunar base at Shackleton Crater will ensure that humanity has a future and that we are not doomed to waste away on our home planet. I am ecstatic to see the blue and white compass flag fly at Shackleton and for that to be possible we will vote AYE on Resolution 29." Galia sat back down, and took a drink of water after her speech.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Sebrenskiya
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebrenskiya » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:38 pm

"Marasalia will vote AYE on both 28 and 29"
Nationalist Republic of Sebrenskiya - Septentrion Regional Canon (Pan-Slavic Coalition)
Federal Republic of Marasalia - Alitheia Regional Canon (Atlantic Pact)
Republic of Marasalia - International Incidences Canon (International Freedom Coalition)

do not mistake it (OOCly you may call me "Mara", "Yugo", or "Seb". Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to)

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 pm

Huh, a Coalition Space Programme. This is going to be interesting, I might advertise the RCASA's Clear Skies programme after I vote for this. Rep. Buendia thought to himself as he looked deeply and sharply at the proposal brought to his desk at the council chamber. The world had pressing problems to deal with earthside, sure, but breaking the next frontier would most likely allow such problems to be alleviated, now that humanity would soon have easy access to the vast riches of space.

"Space is humanity's last frontier, and a potentially infinite one at that. Eventually we would outgrow our species' cradle just as a child eventually grows to adulthood and outgrows their home." Rep. Buendia said, marking the intro for his privilege speech. "The establishment of, among others, a lunar moon base as a first stepping stone would be a momentous milestone in the Coalition's history, and a statement of the power of democracy and freedom." he added.

"I will admit I do not have the details yet of what the Royal Commonwealth Aerospace Agency will contribute to such an ambition plan..." he said, pausing for a while to catch his breath, and afterwards continuing, "...but I am confident in my nation's ability to contribute to such a collaborative effort to establish a Coalition base on the moon."

"By now everyone who takes a look into Palmyrion's space programme would know that our number one focus is the clearing of space debris." he proclaimed, advertising RCASA's Clear Skies initiative. "Documents about the RCASA's Clear Skies Initiative are publicly accessible for unlimited release through free downloads from the RCASA website and through Freedom of Information requests." he added, noting that most of the Clear Skies Initiative documents are publicly accessible. "Orbital clutter, when left unabated, would result into Kessler Syndrome, which might just imprison us on our planet for good, and the RCASA's Clear Skies Initiative seeks to avert the possibility of such a disaster." he added, warning of the possibility of Kessler Syndrome and how RCASA seeks to alleviate the problem of space debris.

"Nonetheless, I believe RCASA's Clear Skies Initiative and the Coalition's plan to establish a lunar base will intimately complement each other. I shall bless this Resolution with my approval, and issue an AYE vote." he proclaimed, approving of Resolution 29. "Though, personally, I prefer we name it the IFC Space Agency instead of the IFC Space Programme. It's catchier that way." he humorously quipped, following it up with a smirk.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Whitanchir
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Whitanchir » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:17 pm

Space still holds many secrets for us, but also significant resources and enormous potential for our activities.

Whitanchir votes AYE on the Resolution 29.
Federal Republic of Whitanchir
Rated 96.6/100 (not corrupt) on the International Index of Corruption
Rated 95.4/100 (free) on the International Freedom Index
Rated 94.6/100 (transformative) on the International LGBT+ Rights Index

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:18 am

“I have a question for this proposed resolution 29. Who will lead and organize such a space agency? How much power will this IFC space agency have over national agencies?”

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:49 pm

The Colonial Dutch Union wrote:“I have a question for this proposed resolution 29. Who will lead and organize such a space agency? How much power will this IFC space agency have over national agencies?”

Placus Caesius Rex, the IFC's Science Minister leaned forward to the microphone and said "This is an initiative of the Ministry of Science for the IFC. As such, it will be organized and led in much of the same way the Health Division/Blue Cross and Research Divisions are."

He took a sip of water before continuing "As for your second question, the IFCSP will have no power over national space agencies. The IFC's Science Ministry is not in the business of co-opting national sovereignty. That being said, I strongly encourage whoever is the director of the IFCSP to reach out to memberstate's space agencies to create a mutually beneficial relationship. I have been assured by my counterpart in my government that the RSA will cooperate fully with this effort. But this is not a requirement."
IC call me NRI, Novus Romanum Imperium, or the New Roman Imperium; OOC call me Roma or New Roma

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:01 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
The Colonial Dutch Union wrote:“I have a question for this proposed resolution 29. Who will lead and organize such a space agency? How much power will this IFC space agency have over national agencies?”

Placus Caesius Rex, the IFC's Science Minister leaned forward to the microphone and said "This is an initiative of the Ministry of Science for the IFC. As such, it will be organized and led in much of the same way the Health Division/Blue Cross and Research Divisions are."

He took a sip of water before continuing "As for your second question, the IFCSP will have no power over national space agencies. The IFC's Science Ministry is not in the business of co-opting national sovereignty. That being said, I strongly encourage whoever is the director of the IFCSP to reach out to memberstate's space agencies to create a mutually beneficial relationship. I have been assured by my counterpart in my government that the RSA will cooperate fully with this effort. But this is not a requirement."

“Who will be the director? And how do? Appointment by the Science Minister or election?”

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:04 pm

The Colonial Dutch Union wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

“Who will be the director? And how do? Appointment by the Science Minister or election?”

"Appointments for the Directors Position will be done by the Minister. Normally we in the IFC do not have an election for each and every position within the Executive. We elect the Prime Minister, who then appoints his Ministers and they will appoint to the appropreate postisions within their individual Ministrites."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 3 - 0 WSH | COL 2 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 1 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 3 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 23-19 | LSU 28-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-13

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:12 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:
The Colonial Dutch Union wrote:“Who will be the director? And how do? Appointment by the Science Minister or election?”

"Appointments for the Directors Position will be done by the Minister. Normally we in the IFC do not have an election for each and every position within the Executive. We elect the Prime Minister, who then appoints his Ministers and they will appoint to the appropreate postisions within their individual Ministrites."

"Will there be any vetting for the appointees?" Rep. Buendia inquired.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:16 pm

Palmyrion wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

"Will there be any vetting for the appointees?" Rep. Buendia inquired.

"I cannot speak for the other ministries, but my ministry has a vetting process that emphasizes the merit of candidates. For this position, we will be looking for an individual with both a space and politics background. We welcome nominations for the vetting process."

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:53 pm

New Roma Republic wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:"Will there be any vetting for the appointees?" Rep. Buendia inquired.

"I cannot speak for the other ministries, but my ministry has a vetting process that emphasizes the merit of candidates. For this position, we will be looking for an individual with both a space and politics background. We welcome nominations for the vetting process."

“We would like to put up Mr. Sneek. He is famous Dutch scientist who has done many things for the fields of Chemistry, Physics(both Astro and normal) and Astronomy. He is Nobel lariat. He has be made many an achievement. These include but are not limited to:
-aiding in the discovery of black holes(and later Hawking radiation)
-furthering research into malaria saving many a life
-discovering over 150 out of earth objects
-helping research saver nuclear reactor technology including but not limited more effective SCRAM systems and control rods in general
As for politics, he has successfully pushed in Dutch parliament for a large increase in spending for the space agency
He looks to further expand our research into out of solar system objects and information related to such things.”

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 pm

The Colonial Dutch Union wrote:
New Roma Republic wrote:

“We would like to put up Mr. Sneek. He is famous Dutch scientist who has done many things for the fields of Chemistry, Physics(both Astro and normal) and Astronomy. He is Nobel lariat. He has be made many an achievement. These include but are not limited to:
-aiding in the discovery of black holes(and later Hawking radiation)
-furthering research into malaria saving many a life
-discovering over 150 out of earth objects
-helping research saver nuclear reactor technology including but not limited more effective SCRAM systems and control rods in general
As for politics, he has successfully pushed in Dutch parliament for a large increase in spending for the space agency
He looks to further expand our research into out of solar system objects and information related to such things.”

"I mean. The Speaker has to call the vote before we can think of that. Let's not jump the gun too quickly."
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 3 - 0 WSH | COL 2 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 1 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 3 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 23-19 | LSU 28-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-13

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:16 am

Manny Chevrolet walks back into the chambers after he comes back from his afternoon nap and returns to his seat, tilting the microphone back a little bit to talk into it, "La République de la Nouvelle-Orléans sees this as a viable endeavor and will do what we can to help fund it, but cannot give that much due to us still establishing trade routes with old friends throughout the world and making new ones. But, other than that, I am authorized by my Government to vote AYE on Resolution 29."
Embassy Program | Factbook

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:21 pm

"Ladies and Gentleman of the Council, while we are voting on Resolution 29, I have been sent a proposed revision to Resolution 27a. This was written and drafted by my nation's legislature. They have requested I submit this resolution post-haste. It has been updated to include Phenyzia's most recent atrocity: the massacre of innocent Parisians."

Federali Unyone do Guadalupador
Galia Elde
Imperatorskaya RossiyaDame Antasia Sedorov
Novus Romanum Imperium
Gegania Apellina

Condemnation of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances

[Resolution Number: 27b]

FIRMLY COMMITTED to the goals of this very Coalition in the face of extreme opposition from other alliances,

REAFFIRMING Resolution 18,

NOTICING the nature of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances' need to expand and spread itself across the world which in itself presents a possible danger,

NOTING the preamble of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances’ Constitution that states the alliance is dedicated to coopting sovereignty from nations through the two agendas of Legislate, Enforce, Control (LEC) and the New World Order (NWO),

NOTING Article 7 of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances’ Constitution which threatens foreign actors who criticize the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances, which in effect suppresses free speech and press,

NOTING Article 9 of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances’ Constitution which codifies the abhorrent practice of colonization as a spoil of war,

NOTING Article 13 of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances’ Constitution which explicitly states that it prevents alliances that have been merged into the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances from leaving without “major repercussions”, while making it nearly impossible to leave the Entente,

REACTING to the blatant war crimes and treaty violations committed by a member (Phenyzia) of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances (GENA), and the leadership of the respective alliance's inaction on disciplining said member,

The Council of the International Freedom Coalition:

CONDEMNS in the strongest possible manner, the entirety of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances for its suppression of freedoms, allowing of colonization, and goal of coopting national sovereignty.

CONDEMNS the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances’ sanctioned use of colonization as a spoil of war called out in the organization’s constitution.

CONDEMNS the nation of Phenyzia for its warcrimes and orders that memberstates of the International Freedom Coalition issues sanctions on both the governmental leadership and economic interests of Phenyzia up to, but not limited it:
    *Prohibition of travel with or without visas
    *Revocation of visas issued to any Phenyzian citizens
    *Total trade embargo, especially towards critical military equipment like computer chips, ammunition, and heavy military equipment
    *Total trade boycott
    *Revocation of any business licenses held in IFC memberstates by Phenyzian citizens

CONDEMNS the partial destruction of Paris and the massacre of Parisians enacted by Phenyzia.

CONDEMNS Phenyzia’s use of the barbaric act of colonization.

REJECTS the contents of the letter from Viktoria von Hohenzollern, Heir-apparent of the Imperial Throne of the Eternal Phenyzian Kaiserreich as actions have shown these were hollow words.

The Council of the International Freedom Coalition requires the Executive Branch of the International Freedom Coalition:
1) Prepare the International Freedom Coalition-Peacekeeping Forces to provide rapid response for the defense of International Freedom Coalition memberstates
2) Establish diplomatic dialogue with the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances
3) Creation of a “Red Line” with Global Entente of Nations and Alliances for emergency use to deescalate crises

Signed,

Galia Elde, Federali Unyone do Guadalupador; Dame Antasia Sedorov, Imperatorskaya Rossiya; Gegania Apellina, New Roman Imperium

NOTE: Added Previous authors names
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:12 pm

Resolution Number: 27b

Resolution text:

Vote: 11-0-1

NOTE: This tally includes votes cast on the Discord+the votes of the nations who submitted the resolution as that is assumed to be for
Last edited by New Roma Republic on Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Hanig
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 25, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanig » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:15 am

“The People and Duchies of Hanig have authorised a vote of AYE on the Resolution 29. Since our contact with the wider world has expanded, the dream of touching the stars has pierced the imaginations of Hanigians across the archipelago. While our astrophysicists now inform me that the stars should not and cannot be touched, our love of the empty void up there persists. Hanig wholeheartedly supports Resolution 29 and is overjoyed it is the first it can put its name towards.” After speaking, Gracia sits down, shaking slightly from pressure of speaking at the table with representatives of nations larger than his by thousandfold. He is very much looking forward to getting a Lordship when he returns to Hanig.
Last edited by Hanig on Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Grand Archipelago of Hanig, home to a fledgling elected monarchy with a penchant for diplomacy, as confusing as the world stage can be sometimes.

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION! and Refugia!

OOC: I am very new to all this, so please do correct me on any mistakes made!

Seorabeol Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Seorabeol Federation » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 am

We can see that this resolution is much better than the previous two resolutions. One was excessive, and the other was just a hollow cry, but this resolution seems effective enough. We also agree that we need to prepare for Peacekeeping Forces now. We vote Aye on resolution 27b.
Founder & Member of PESTO
NS statistics are not standard. It's for reference.
SBC: brief news
The latest news

Whitanchir
Attaché

Founded: Mar 30, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Whitanchir » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:21 am

This resolution seems perfectly suited to condemn the recent atrocities committed by Phenyzia. We vote AYE on Resolution 27b.
Federal Republic of Whitanchir
Rated 96.6/100 (not corrupt) on the International Index of Corruption
Rated 95.4/100 (free) on the International Freedom Index
Rated 94.6/100 (transformative) on the International LGBT+ Rights Index

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm

”I agree with my contemporary from the Seorabeol Federation that Resolution 27b is quite sufficient. The Federal Union of Guadalupador will finally vote AYE on 27b.”
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

New Roma Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roma Republic » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:41 pm

"It is with great joy that I close Resolution 29. The IFCSP is now established. I hope to see you all for a Council session on the Moon one day!"

The Free Russian Tzarists
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:40 pm

Dame Antasia Sedorov wrote:I'm quite sorry for my absence, I had the flu. That said, I support Resolution 29 and the IFCSP. I also support Resolution 27b. While we prefer our draft, we understand some nations wish for more power. We vote aye on Res. 27b, "
Condemnation of the Global Entente of Nations and Alliances"

The Colonial Dutch Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Colonial Dutch Union » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:59 pm

“I Netherlands will vote aye for proposal 27b.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates