NATION

PASSWORD

International Freedom Coalition (OOC, IFC/apps/invites only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17468
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:13 pm

United States of Devonta wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:SNIP


Unsigned and dated app. Rookie mistakes. App thrown out and rejected

Just means I don't particularly agree to abide by the legislation of the IFC. ;)
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:54 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:
International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima


IFC Admissions Application


National Information
Formal Nation Name: The Greater Remnant Cooperation Sphere
Shortened Nation Name: GRCS
Demonym: Remnant
Capital city: Olympia, URA, GRCS
National Population (RP): 1,467,483,381
Form of Government: Federal Republic
Is your Government by the people?: In most cases, yes.
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Varies between individual states, so Center
Head of State: President Gabriel Drake
Head of Government: GRCS Council
Economic System: State Capitalism
Currency: Remnant Credit
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 k = $0.49 NSD
Major Exports: Consumer electronics, Low-grade military hardware, Timber, Alcohol, Plastics, Machinery, Foodstuffs
Major Imports: Grain, Crude Petroleum, Gold, Iron Ore, Plastics, Foodstuffs
Language: Remnant Creole, Roskian, Sinican
Brief History of your nation: The GRCS has its roots in the 1995 election of Gabriel Drake to the presidency of the United Remnant Avtarkiya and the subsequent revival of the Remnant economy and national consciousness. Soon after, the War of Remnant Expansion and occupation of Zhangua, and the grant of limited independence to Pragmata and Alenterra created the prototype of what would later be called the Greater Remnant Cooperation Sphere. Over the next quarter-decade, Nongea, Canaam, Namavar, and Modeno all joined the GRCS as well, either voluntarily, or through political, economic, or military pressure. At this time, the GRCS is currently in the process of consolidating the various cultures, economies, and military forces while those same differences threaten to stagnate or even dissolve the nation that has spent 25 years attempting to become a regional power.
Map: No.
IIwiki page link or factbook (if you have one): "iiwiki" haha, okay. I have 50-odd factbooks, though.

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yes, however some cults have been labeled as criminal organizations
Freedom of expression: Yes, within reason.
Freedom of the media: Yes
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Yes
Freedom of association: Yes
Freedom of movement: Yes, however some foreign nationals do not enjoy this freedom
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: To some extent
Freedom from slavery: Yes, unless wage slavery is counted
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: Yes
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): Yes
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: Yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: By world standards, no, however all "cruel and unusual punishments" i.e., penal gladiatorial combat, are entirely voluntary for the prisoner
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): Some exclusions may apply
Right to own property: Yes
Right to free enterprise: Yes
Right to innocent navigation: Some exclusions may apply

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of?: None on the forums.
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? None on the forums.
Foreign Policy: Support national sovereignty, expand Remnant economic and political influence, oppose imperialism when we don't like the empire, zero tolerance to terrorism and piracy
Number of active military personnel (RP): 738,931
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 2,199,920
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): N/A
Name of Military: Remnant Military
Branches of Military: Remnant Army, Remnant Navy, Remnant Air Force, various support and auxiliary branches, both in the URA and other nations
RP example: I will literally fucking kill myself.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Sacha Canis
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Biography (optional): Born in the purple of the Canis family of the URA, Canis had a privileged childhood free of worry. Where the average Remnant would be stuck in the lower class choices of working in a factory, working in the service sector, or try to join the military, Canis was free to study without such fears and enlist immediately into the Diplomatic Corps upon earning his postgraduate degree in international affairs, where he used both his familial ties and his own cunning to quickly rise the ranks to become a deputy ambassador.
Education (optional): Olympia University
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: Re-app
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?:
Signature: _____________________________
Date:_______________________

**IFCAPP**

Got a few things that need clarification:
1. What exclusions apply when referring to the Right to Equality?
2. What are the restrictions to "Freedom of Expression?"
3. What are the restrictions on "Freedom from Arbitrary Detention?"
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17468
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:05 pm

Guadalupador wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:
International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima


IFC Admissions Application


National Information
Formal Nation Name: The Greater Remnant Cooperation Sphere
Shortened Nation Name: GRCS
Demonym: Remnant
Capital city: Olympia, URA, GRCS
National Population (RP): 1,467,483,381
Form of Government: Federal Republic
Is your Government by the people?: In most cases, yes.
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Varies between individual states, so Center
Head of State: President Gabriel Drake
Head of Government: GRCS Council
Economic System: State Capitalism
Currency: Remnant Credit
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 k = $0.49 NSD
Major Exports: Consumer electronics, Low-grade military hardware, Timber, Alcohol, Plastics, Machinery, Foodstuffs
Major Imports: Grain, Crude Petroleum, Gold, Iron Ore, Plastics, Foodstuffs
Language: Remnant Creole, Roskian, Sinican
Brief History of your nation: The GRCS has its roots in the 1995 election of Gabriel Drake to the presidency of the United Remnant Avtarkiya and the subsequent revival of the Remnant economy and national consciousness. Soon after, the War of Remnant Expansion and occupation of Zhangua, and the grant of limited independence to Pragmata and Alenterra created the prototype of what would later be called the Greater Remnant Cooperation Sphere. Over the next quarter-decade, Nongea, Canaam, Namavar, and Modeno all joined the GRCS as well, either voluntarily, or through political, economic, or military pressure. At this time, the GRCS is currently in the process of consolidating the various cultures, economies, and military forces while those same differences threaten to stagnate or even dissolve the nation that has spent 25 years attempting to become a regional power.
Map: No.
IIwiki page link or factbook (if you have one): "iiwiki" haha, okay. I have 50-odd factbooks, though.

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yes, however some cults have been labeled as criminal organizations
Freedom of expression: Yes, within reason.
Freedom of the media: Yes
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Yes
Freedom of association: Yes
Freedom of movement: Yes, however some foreign nationals do not enjoy this freedom
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: To some extent
Freedom from slavery: Yes, unless wage slavery is counted
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: Yes
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): Yes
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: Yes
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: By world standards, no, however all "cruel and unusual punishments" i.e., penal gladiatorial combat, are entirely voluntary for the prisoner
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): Some exclusions may apply
Right to own property: Yes
Right to free enterprise: Yes
Right to innocent navigation: Some exclusions may apply

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of?: None on the forums.
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? None on the forums.
Foreign Policy: Support national sovereignty, expand Remnant economic and political influence, oppose imperialism when we don't like the empire, zero tolerance to terrorism and piracy
Number of active military personnel (RP): 738,931
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 2,199,920
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): N/A
Name of Military: Remnant Military
Branches of Military: Remnant Army, Remnant Navy, Remnant Air Force, various support and auxiliary branches, both in the URA and other nations
RP example: I will literally fucking kill myself.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Sacha Canis
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Biography (optional): Born in the purple of the Canis family of the URA, Canis had a privileged childhood free of worry. Where the average Remnant would be stuck in the lower class choices of working in a factory, working in the service sector, or try to join the military, Canis was free to study without such fears and enlist immediately into the Diplomatic Corps upon earning his postgraduate degree in international affairs, where he used both his familial ties and his own cunning to quickly rise the ranks to become a deputy ambassador.
Education (optional): Olympia University
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: Re-app
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?:
Signature: _____________________________
Date:_______________________

**IFCAPP**

Got a few things that need clarification:
1. What exclusions apply when referring to the Right to Equality?
2. What are the restrictions to "Freedom of Expression?"
3. What are the restrictions on "Freedom from Arbitrary Detention?"

1. A certain ethnicity has been banned wholesale from the country and will be detained and deported to literally anywhere else upon being discovered. Also, as such, while some of the cults say they're a religion, they're violent cults and don't get to be treated equally on the grounds of religion.
2. Referring back to the cults, you can express your beliefs up until you start harvesting another person's organs or mutilating people who didn't ask for it.
3. I guess, upon reflection, it's not an "arbitrary" detention if you're a suspected cultist, terrorist, or -insert banned ethnicity here-, it it?
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:55 am

How do I apply for observer status?
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12504
Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:54 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Guadalupador wrote:Got a few things that need clarification:
1. What exclusions apply when referring to the Right to Equality?
2. What are the restrictions to "Freedom of Expression?"
3. What are the restrictions on "Freedom from Arbitrary Detention?"

1. A certain ethnicity has been banned wholesale from the country and will be detained and deported to literally anywhere else upon being discovered. Also, as such, while some of the cults say they're a religion, they're violent cults and don't get to be treated equally on the grounds of religion.
2. Referring back to the cults, you can express your beliefs up until you start harvesting another person's organs or mutilating people who didn't ask for it.
3. I guess, upon reflection, it's not an "arbitrary" detention if you're a suspected cultist, terrorist, or -insert banned ethnicity here-, it it?

Why is an entire ethnicity banned?

Wait. Ethnicity or nationality?
Geography of the RNI (MT) RNI Armaments Storefront (New!) Inyursta in a nutshell
On NS MT "Realism". - People who complain about Hard MT#InvadeArdoki
Legitimacy is a lie. All power is derived from force. Everything else is empty aesthetics.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 62282
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Aight, reapping Kannap because even though I'm already a member, I've been doing a lot of nation building recently and I'm certain - if nothing else - my RP population and military numbers are much lower than in my original application. Otherwise I don't think much has changed from my previous app to this one.


Image
International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima


IFC Admissions Application


National Information
Formal Nation Name: Kannap
Shortened Nation Name: Kannap
Demonym: Kannapian
Capital city: Kannabec
National Population (RP): 38,507,745
Form of Government: Federal Presidential Democratic Republic
Is your Government by the people?: Yes
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Left
Head of State: President Malachi Stevens (upcoming election will replace him in a month)
Head of Government: President Malachi Stevens
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: Kannapian Dollar
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 KAD = 0.75 NSD
Major Exports: Crude and refined petroleum, cars and vehicle parts, packaged medicaments, wheat, rapeseed, raw aluminium, ethylene polymers, rubber tires, plastic lids, pig meat, crustaceans, baked goods, sawn wood, particle board, rapeseed oil, furniture, helicopters, aircraft parts.
Major Imports: Computers, cars, delivery trucks, large construction vehicles, office machine parts, refrigerators, engine parts, vehicle parts, tractors, vaccines, iron, wine, textiles
Language: English, French
Brief History of your nation: Won independence from colonial power in 1781, has developed as an independent nation. Since 1936, the nation has consistently become more progressive and politics have - in general - moved further left as more progressive policies have been embraced socially and economically.

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: Yes
Freedom of belief (religion): Yep
Freedom of expression: Yes
Freedom of the media: yeah-huh
Freedom of peaceful assembly: Naturally
Freedom of association: Of course
Freedom of movement: Absolutely
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: Constitutionally
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: yeah
Freedom from slavery: yeppers
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: that's right
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): yep
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: that's right
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: naturally
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): yeah-huh
Right to own property: yeah-huh
Right to free enterprise (and to what extent?): yep
Right to innocent navigation: yeppers

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of? (UL, SCP, SACTO, etc.): None
What other non-military organizations are you a part of? (ISA, UPA, etc.) None
Foreign Policy: Friendly?
Number of active military personnel (RP): 68,000
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 27,000
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): 0
Name of Military: Kannapian Armed Forces
Branches of Military: Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Natalie Easton
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Education (optional): Bachelor's in communications from the University of Kannap; Master's in international business from Kannabec University.
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: I'm already a member
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?: Yep
Signature: Malachi Stevens, President of Kannap
Date: 3/4/2020

**IFCAPP**
23 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results

User avatar
The United Remnants of America
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17468
Founded: Mar 09, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Remnants of America » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm

Inyourfaceistan wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:1. A certain ethnicity has been banned wholesale from the country and will be detained and deported to literally anywhere else upon being discovered. Also, as such, while some of the cults say they're a religion, they're violent cults and don't get to be treated equally on the grounds of religion.
2. Referring back to the cults, you can express your beliefs up until you start harvesting another person's organs or mutilating people who didn't ask for it.
3. I guess, upon reflection, it's not an "arbitrary" detention if you're a suspected cultist, terrorist, or -insert banned ethnicity here-, it it?

Why is an entire ethnicity banned?

Wait. Ethnicity or nationality?

Because Azens caused the worst coordinated terrorist attack in the history of the GRCS, and they were such a relatively small population already that it was fairly easy to tell them that they all had to go anywhere else just as long as they didn't stick around.

Then we told them and their friends not to come back. Ever.

Terrorism problem solved.
By any means necessary. Call me URA
Winner of 2015 Best of P2TM Awards: Best Roleplayer - War
"I would much rather be with you than against you, you're way too imaginative."
"URA New Confucius 2015."- Organized States
"Congrats. You just won the second place prize for Not Giving a Fuck. First Place, of course, always goes to Furry."
"He's an 8 Ball, DEN. You can't deal with an 8 Ball." - Empire of Donner land
"This Rp is flexible with science and so will you." - Tagali Federation
"I'm confused as to your tactic but I'll trust you." - Die erworbenen Namen
"Unfiltered, concentrated, possibly weaponized stupidity."
Thafoo, Leningrad Union: DEAT'd for your sins.
Discord: Here

User avatar
Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12504
Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:44 am

The United Remnants of America wrote:
Inyourfaceistan wrote:Why is an entire ethnicity banned?

Wait. Ethnicity or nationality?

Because Azens caused the worst coordinated terrorist attack in the history of the GRCS, and they were such a relatively small population already that it was fairly easy to tell them that they all had to go anywhere else just as long as they didn't stick around.

Then we told them and their friends not to come back. Ever.

Terrorism problem solved.


"Well shoot, *friend*; that's all you had to say!"
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geography of the RNI (MT) RNI Armaments Storefront (New!) Inyursta in a nutshell
On NS MT "Realism". - People who complain about Hard MT#InvadeArdoki
Legitimacy is a lie. All power is derived from force. Everything else is empty aesthetics.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

User avatar
Oskenia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oskenia » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:48 pm

Image Image
International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima


IFC Admissions Application


National Information
Formal Nation Name: Democratic Dictatorship of Oskenia
Shortened Nation Name: Oskenia
Demonym: Oskenian
Capital city: Ypaæpilisa
National Population (RP): 25.3 million
Form of Government: Benevolent Dictatorial Republic
Is your Government by the people?: Yes for elections of Ministers and other state officials. The dictator is not elected by the people, but instead the ministers elected by the people.
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Center-right
Head of State: Paul Schaefer
Head of Government: Paul Schaefer
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: Argæld
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 ARG = 2.45 NSD
Major Exports: coal, copper, petroleum, sea-going vessels, foods (principally being fruit), and fuel oil.
Major Imports: crude oil, iron ore, fertilizers, computer products, military equipment (principally being ammunition and small arms), and foods.
Language: Shænglish
Brief History of your nation: Corsican Republic in the 1700s was overtaken by Kristoffer Kåre--government established 1796--nation has been independent ever since.
Map: N/A here, although I do have one. It's dated, though.
IIwiki page link or factbook (if you have one): https://www.nationstates.net/page=lodge_dispatch (WIP)

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: yes
Freedom of belief (religion): yes
Freedom of expression: yes
Freedom of the media: yes
Freedom of peaceful assembly: yes
Freedom of association: yes
Freedom of movement: yes
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: yes
Freedom from slavery: yes
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: yes
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): Yes; voting is allowed for most ministries not appointed by the head of state and state representatives.
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: yes.
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: yes.
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): yes.
Right to own property: yes.
Right to free enterprise (and to what extent?): Absolute freedom over personal enterprise with some restrictions on taxation depending on size.
Right to innocent navigation: Yes.

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of? (UL, SCP, SACTO, etc.): None.
What other non-military organizations are you a part of?: None.
Foreign Policy: Crisis intervention & anti-terrorism operations, majority being in the middle-east.
Number of active military personnel (RP): 1.6 million
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 300,000
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): 98 ICBMs, with various other IRBMs.
Name of Military: Oskenian Militære
Branches of Military: Navy, Army, Coast Guard, Reserve Korps, Home Guard, Air Force, Naval Marines.
RP example (required - can be anything from a short paragraph on this form to a link to an RP example on another thread): None on NS yet outside of Discord, however I have run alternate-history RPs on Discord before and enjoy realism.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Most likely the Oskenian foreign minister, Louis Bisset.
Age: 46
Gender: Male
Biography (optional): N/A
Education (optional): N/A
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC: Crisis intervention and protection of vital Oskenian assets,
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?:
Signature: Louis Bisset, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Oskenia.
Date: 3.5.20

**IFCAPP**
Last edited by Oskenia on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Democratic Republic of Oskenia (shortened: Oskenia) is a sovereign island-nation off the coast of the European mainland, south of France and Italy, bordering the Mediterranean Sea. It occupies the islands of Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, and the Balearic chain. It also holds colonies in Taiwan, Tunisia, and Cape Verde.
| War breaks out in Oskenian Taiwan - Chinese forces bombard and take Taipei | Paul Shaefer deploys large Naval element to the island with allied support | Stock market falls into a crash - unemployment at record highs | Referendum held to re-classify Oskenia as a "Republic" |
--> My WIP Website can be found Here <--
--> Flickr Page Here <--

--> I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS <--




User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:37 am

Oskenia wrote:
International Freedom Coalition
IFC Admissions Department,
Kairaku, Flardania, Kirishima


IFC Admissions Application


National Information
Formal Nation Name: Democratic Dictatorship of Oskenia
Shortened Nation Name: Oskenia
Demonym: Oskenian
Capital city: Ypaæpilisa
National Population (RP): 25.3 million
Form of Government: Benevolent Dictatorial Republic
Is your Government by the people? (exercised either directly or through elected representatives or with democratic elements):
How do you describe the political atmosphere of your state?: Center-right
Head of State: Paul Schaefer
Head of Government: Paul Schaefer
Economic System: Capitalist
Currency: Argæld
Exchange Rate to NSD: 1 ARG = 2.45 NSD
Major Exports: coal, copper, petroleum, sea-going vessels, foods (principally being fruit), and fuel oil.
Major Imports: crude oil, iron ore, fertilizers, computer products, military equipment (principally being ammunition and small arms), and foods.
Language: Shænglish
Brief History of your nation: Corsican Republic in the 1700s was overtaken by Kristoffer Kåre--government established 1796--nation has been independent ever since.
Map: N/A here, although I do have one. It's dated, though.
IIwiki page link or factbook (if you have one): https://www.nationstates.net/page=lodge_dispatch (WIP)

Political and Civil Rights and Freedoms
Does your nation have
Freedom of thought: yes
Freedom of belief (religion): yes
Freedom of expression: yes
Freedom of the media: yes
Freedom of peaceful assembly: yes
Freedom of association: yes
Freedom of movement: yes
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure: yes
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment: yes
Freedom from slavery: yes
Right to life, liberty and security of the individual: yes
Right to vote (The ability to vote upon reaching the age of majority): Yes; voting is allowed for most ministries not appointed by the head of state and state representatives.
Right to a fair trial, legal council, and a guarantee of habeas corpus: yes.
Right to not be subject to cruel or unusual punishment: yes.
Rights of equality (Equality regardless of racial, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or mental or physical disability): yes.
Right to own property: yes.
Right to free enterprise (and to what extent?): Absolute freedom over personal enterprise with some restrictions on taxation depending on size.
Right to innocent navigation: Yes.

Foreign Relations and Military Statistics
What other military alliances are you a part of? (UL, SCP, SACTO, etc.): None.
What other non-military organizations are you a part of?: None.
Foreign Policy: Crisis intervention & anti-terrorism operations, majority being in the middle-east.
Number of active military personnel (RP): 1.6 million
Number of reserve military personnel (RP): 300,000
Nuclear Arsenal (if any): 98 ICBMs, with various other IRBMs.
Name of Military: Oskenian Militære
Branches of Military: Navy, Army, Coast Guard, Reserve Korps, Home Guard, Air Force, Naval Marines.
RP example (required - can be anything from a short paragraph on this form to a link to an RP example on another thread): None on NS yet outside of Discord, however I have run alternate-history RPs on Discord before and enjoy realism.

Delegate to the IFC Council Information
Name: Most likely the Oskenian foreign minister, Louis Bisset.
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Biography (optional): N/A
Education (optional): homeschooled, history major.
Reason for your nation desiring to join the IFC:
Do you hereby agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?:
Signature: Paul Shaefer, Dictator (acting minister), Oskenia.
Date: 3.5.20

**IFCAPP**


Hello IFC Applicant Oskenia, you’ve sent in an incomplete application. Here’s the questions you missed:
1. Is your government by the people?
2.What is the reason for your nation joining the IFC?
3. Do you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?
Answer these three questions and resend your application so it can be properly reviewed.

On a different note, some members show some apprehension on your prospective delegate to the IFC. Most of this apprehension is based on the age of your foreign minister, and how realistic it is to have a 17 year old male decisions at an alliance level, not to mention a supposed lack of experience that only comes with age and higher education.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
Oskenia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 42
Founded: Nov 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Oskenia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:52 pm

Guadalupador wrote:Hello IFC Applicant Oskenia, you’ve sent in an incomplete application. Here’s the questions you missed:
1. Is your government by the people?
2.What is the reason for your nation joining the IFC?
3. Do you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth under the Charter in IFC legislation?
Answer these three questions and resend your application so it can be properly reviewed.

On a different note, some members show some apprehension on your prospective delegate to the IFC. Most of this apprehension is based on the age of your foreign minister, and how realistic it is to have a 17 year old male decisions at an alliance level, not to mention a supposed lack of experience that only comes with age and higher education.

Oh Lord okay I misunderstood. I thought you were asking my personal age lol.
I'll fix the missed questions, sorry for the confusion. I was running on coffee and zero sleep the night I wrote that. My apologizes.
Last edited by Oskenia on Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Democratic Republic of Oskenia (shortened: Oskenia) is a sovereign island-nation off the coast of the European mainland, south of France and Italy, bordering the Mediterranean Sea. It occupies the islands of Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, and the Balearic chain. It also holds colonies in Taiwan, Tunisia, and Cape Verde.
| War breaks out in Oskenian Taiwan - Chinese forces bombard and take Taipei | Paul Shaefer deploys large Naval element to the island with allied support | Stock market falls into a crash - unemployment at record highs | Referendum held to re-classify Oskenia as a "Republic" |
--> My WIP Website can be found Here <--
--> Flickr Page Here <--

--> I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS <--




User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:15 pm

Albennia wrote:How do I apply for observer status?

so.... am I going to get an answer?
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 am

Albennia wrote:
Albennia wrote:How do I apply for observer status?

so.... am I going to get an answer?

So as far as I know, there isn’t an application for observership in the IFC. I’ll talk to my colleagues about your request and we’ll get back to you very shortly. We’ll probably formalize an application to boot.

EDIT: No Ed, you’re not going to be an observer.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:04 am

Oskenia wrote:Oh Lord okay I misunderstood. I thought you were asking my personal age lol.
I'll fix the missed questions, sorry for the confusion. I was running on coffee and zero sleep the night I wrote that. My apologizes.

Alright, you’ve yet to answer the final question regarding abiding by IFC rules as outlined in the charter.
Also you can just write something as an RP example to see what your writing style is like. It doesn’t need to be a link or anything. You can write a few paragraphs or whatever in the application.

Finally, why would we want to know your age? Kinda weird.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:04 am

Guadalupador wrote:
Albennia wrote:so.... am I going to get an answer?

EDIT: No Ed, you’re not going to be an observer.

Why not?
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:07 am

Albennia wrote:
Guadalupador wrote:EDIT: No Ed, you’re not going to be an observer.

Why not?

You tend to cause trouble both on and off site.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
IFC Admin 2
Attaché
 
Posts: 76
Founded: Aug 03, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby IFC Admin 2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Albennia wrote:
Guadalupador wrote:EDIT: No Ed, you’re not going to be an observer.

Why not?

It's a decision made by the membership due to continued issues you have caused within the role playing community. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean that we're going to change our minds.

Now, if you continue to ask after we have given you this decisive NO, I will use my OP powers to ban you from the thread.

~Shaz
Last edited by IFC Admin 2 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3787
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:31 pm

Anybody have an active region for the homie Mizrad to join?
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
The Champlain
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 390
Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Champlain » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 am

Mizrad wrote:Anybody have an active region for the homie Mizrad to join?

You could join my and Kannap's region Padradis! It's small but we try to post as much as we can
I live in Vermont. You can call me Sam. Nation doesn't entirely reflect my views.
I'm a bad leftist.
8values
Current Leader: Governor John Blakeslee

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

User avatar
Palmyrion
Minister
 
Posts: 2088
Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Palmyrion » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:23 pm

So, we're up again. I'm gonna submit a new application altogether to reflect my renewed stats.

Also, since I split into the KY and GD continuities, which continuity should I apply into IFC?

User avatar
Flardania
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5941
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Flardania » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:05 pm

Palmyrion wrote:So, we're up again. I'm gonna submit a new application altogether to reflect my renewed stats.

Also, since I split into the KY and GD continuities, which continuity should I apply into IFC?


What's the difference between the two?
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-



I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in French & English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & Kirishinan, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

User avatar
Palmyrion
Minister
 
Posts: 2088
Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:17 am

Flardania wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:So, we're up again. I'm gonna submit a new application altogether to reflect my renewed stats.

Also, since I split into the KY and GD continuities, which continuity should I apply into IFC?


What's the difference between the two?

GD is, well, GD. Palmyrion-GD refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Greater Dienstad. (Let's not get into the ramble between SACTO and GD.. That would only be an unproductively messy thing.) KY is an RP group that Cuscy is thinking of forming composed of deeply flawed states. Palmyrion-KY refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Cuscy's proposed RP group, and is a much more dystopian version of Palmyrion-GD.

Palmyrion-GD's stats are in IIWiki, but Palmyrion-KY's stats are roughly as follows:
  • Population: 320 million
  • Nominal GDP: $3.2 trillion (GDPPC of $10,000)
  • PPP-adjusted GDP: $4 trillion (GDPPC of 12,500)
  • Military and defence
    • Budget, FY2020: $160 billion (nominal; PPP-adjusted may be higher*)
    • Personnel: 1,600,000

User avatar
Mizrad
Senator
 
Posts: 3787
Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mizrad » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:44 pm

In other news I plan on getting a new thread up soon about the fight for influence in a corrupt island nation, if any of y'all are interested.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!


Nosy little fucker aren't you?

User avatar
Guadalupador
Senator
 
Posts: 4521
Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm

Palmyrion wrote:
Flardania wrote:
What's the difference between the two?

GD is, well, GD. Palmyrion-GD refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Greater Dienstad. (Let's not get into the ramble between SACTO and GD.. That would only be an unproductively messy thing.) KY is an RP group that Cuscy is thinking of forming composed of deeply flawed states. Palmyrion-KY refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Cuscy's proposed RP group, and is a much more dystopian version of Palmyrion-GD.

Palmyrion-GD's stats are in IIWiki, but Palmyrion-KY's stats are roughly as follows:
  • Population: 320 million
  • Nominal GDP: $3.2 trillion (GDPPC of $10,000)
  • PPP-adjusted GDP: $4 trillion (GDPPC of 12,500)
  • Military and defence
    • Budget, FY2020: $160 billion (nominal; PPP-adjusted may be higher*)
    • Personnel: 1,600,000

Palm your country better be stable this time around, you can’t just have tons of terror attacks going on all the time. Also we’ll probably discuss canon stuff later.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

User avatar
Shazbotdom
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8777
Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Guadalupador wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:GD is, well, GD. Palmyrion-GD refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Greater Dienstad. (Let's not get into the ramble between SACTO and GD.. That would only be an unproductively messy thing.) KY is an RP group that Cuscy is thinking of forming composed of deeply flawed states. Palmyrion-KY refers to the Palmyrian continuity in Cuscy's proposed RP group, and is a much more dystopian version of Palmyrion-GD.

Palmyrion-GD's stats are in IIWiki, but Palmyrion-KY's stats are roughly as follows:
  • Population: 320 million
  • Nominal GDP: $3.2 trillion (GDPPC of $10,000)
  • PPP-adjusted GDP: $4 trillion (GDPPC of 12,500)
  • Military and defence
    • Budget, FY2020: $160 billion (nominal; PPP-adjusted may be higher*)
    • Personnel: 1,600,000

Palm your country better be stable this time around, you can’t just have tons of terror attacks going on all the time. Also we’ll probably discuss canon stuff later.

Word
Darth Bane/Darth Vader 2024 -- Together, we can Rule the Galaxy!
The Shazbotdom Empire || ShazWeb || Shazbotdom Military Information & History
IIWiki || Embassies v6.0 || Discord: YourDaddyShaz#0741
ShazAir || Shaz City International Airport || Shazbotdom News Corporation (News Thread)
Shazbert Bot's Gaming Adventures || PolyComp: E: -0.52 | S: -3.33 || WSPT: E: 100% | P: 100%

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baobab-Bumbaria, Beepee, Bogi Smerti, Bolrieg, Brettenwald, Cartoonia, Insaanistan, Isiqithi, Kuronami, Main Nation Ministry, Night Kingdoms, Safaland, Todlichebujoku, Voxija, WorldVision Committee

Advertisement

Remove ads