NATION

PASSWORD

Terra Firma, Planning and discussion

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:34 pm

Medeshahr wrote:Due to the fact that I'd never be eligable to join NACO, due primarily to that entire "they invaded me" fiasco, and given that we aren't exactly up for another confrontation with the Imperialist Western Pigs at the moment, I"d certainly not be willing to join the Warsaw Pact equivaliant either. This leaves me without a group, if your nation is also left without a group for similar reasons or if only due to the fact that you'd rather not become a pawn of the Great Powers and would like to avoid their Imperialist Agendas, perhaps you'd be interested in a coalition of non-alligned states, or a "Third Path," similar to what we saw in Bandung. It would be primarily weaker nations who are uninterested in being forced around by those greater than ourselves avoidng the Cold War, playing both sides, and trading with eachother.

PS. Cheaper Oil to Members? I think that can be arranged.
PSS. Lol, not being a World Power= Having to Bribe People to Join You

Given that the US-analogue is supposed to be dominating the NACO block a la the United States, I was considering moving Carthage to be non-aligned so as not to make things unbalanced. Now that I'm not filling in for Belgium anymore it's easier. I'd be willing to help organize the non-aligned block, something in the vein of India.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Whassap guiz?
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Tule
Senator

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tule » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Hey guys, this is Bafuria.

I'll be using this nation for RPing and perhaps as a successor to my current profile.
That's cool with you guys right?
Formerly known as Bafuria.

Triggthiuda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Triggthiuda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I have no complaints.
Hard MT alt of Aqizithiuda.

Triggthiuda is actually spelled "Triggþiuda", and its inhabitants are known as the Wesi.

Medeshahr
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Medeshahr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:Given that the US-analogue is supposed to be dominating the NACO block a la the United States, I was considering moving Carthage to be non-aligned so as not to make things unbalanced. Now that I'm not filling in for Belgium anymore it's easier. I'd be willing to help organize the non-aligned block, something in the vein of India.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated, and it will make the group look less like "them evil Muslims are up to somethin," which would be nice. If you'd like, send me a TG with your thoughts and such so we can avoid cluttering this main thread.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Aquitayne wrote:Whassap guiz?

Bro, you need to give me RP samples and stuff in the Recruitment thread before I clear you to post here.
Call me Corda.
Sarcasm Warning! This post may not be entirely serious
Bullpups, Keymod and Magpul, oh my!
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Like Sci-Fi? Like Worldbuilding? Check out the Uprising Project!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally
Because people care, right?

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm

Tule wrote:Hey guys, this is Bafuria.

I'll be using this nation for RPing and perhaps as a successor to my current profile.
That's cool with you guys right?

I hardly have any either. Most likely I will still be making posts with this account though just out of convenience.
Last edited by The Akasha Colony on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Reposting: So here is what I am thinking of claiming (if allowed)

ended up with a more China like position but I like it

As to pop I was hopping for 200 Mil but 150 Mil would be fine if people preferred.
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Erisinta
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Erisinta » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Spirit of Hope wrote:Reposting: So here is what I am thinking of claiming (if allowed)

(Image)
ended up with a more China like position but I like it

As to pop I was hopping for 200 Mil but 150 Mil would be fine if people preferred.

This is Spirit of Hope, though I'll probably still use SoH for the most part because of convenience.

Arkava
Attaché

Founded: May 21, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Arkava » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Hello there - Aquitayne tagging with the alt I'll be sending.

Arkava was designed as a small to medium sized middle eastern country, which I think is good because I thought I saw somewhere you were looking for those. Lol
Last edited by Arkava on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gallia-Belgica
Attaché

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gallia-Belgica » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:54 pm

So, Belgium is still free, right? I think I'll go with them.
Another one of Britannia's OOC Puppet.
Yet another WIPFactbook.
Psst, and our name is just Gallia.

Zemikaboalyast
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemikaboalyast » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Just to remind everyone, this is the alt I(Vareiln) will be using for the region.
For a quick reference of this nation, I direct you to here until I can further flesh things out.
RP: A federation of Astrakhan, Kalmykia, and Dagestan.
Everywhere else: A puppet of Vareiln.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:52 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:Given that the US-analogue is supposed to be dominating the NACO block a la the United States,.

Where does this leave Lanos? :/

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:55 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
The Akasha Colony wrote:Given that the US-analogue is supposed to be dominating the NACO block a la the United States,.

Where does this leave Lanos? :/

No idea, ask Corda. So far, Medeshahr and I have been discussing creating a loose non-aligned bloc.
New Terran Republic (FT)

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:56 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Where does this leave Lanos? :/

No idea, ask Corda. So far, Medeshahr and I have been discussing creating a loose non-aligned bloc.

I am in NACO but will be sidelined due to my civil war until 1991 and then I can resume regular military relations with the alliance.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:

I am in NACO but will be sidelined due to my civil war until 1991 and then I can resume regular military relations with the alliance.

Well, that's around the time Carthage leaves NACO in response to its intervention in Medeshahr.
New Terran Republic (FT)

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:I am in NACO but will be sidelined due to my civil war until 1991 and then I can resume regular military relations with the alliance.

Well, that's around the time Carthage leaves NACO in response to its intervention in Medeshahr.

I could take up the slack after you leave.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Postby The Akasha Colony » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 pm

The Akasha Colony wrote:

I could take up the slack after you leave.

Well as the background goes, Carthage was relatively backward until the mid-late 1800s, when it finally began industrializing. By the 1940s, it had reached some kind of parity with Western living standards, but was generally uninvolved with Western affairs. When GW2 broke out, it remained generally neutral, slightly favoring the Allies politically but not sending any kind of aid. As the war started to gain momentum against Germany though, it finally decided to get involved and sent a relatively small force to aid the Allies to get in good with the winners.

When the Cold War started, Carthage was somewhat distrustful of the Communists in Eastern Europe, and joined NACO shortly after it was formed. It was never a major member, however, despite its size and made only minimal contributions to its forces and budget. When the intervention in Medeshahr started in 1987, Carthage voted against intervention, but was out-voted by the other members. It sent a token force along, but after more than a year of fighting with no end in sight, Carthage began to get cold feet and started sending out diplomatic feelers to non-aligned countries, including Medeshahr itself.

After several years of negotiations while the war dragged on, Carthage and Medeshahr (and potentially a few others) decided to found a non-aligned movement, a much looser political bloc mostly formed of those who didn't have any allegiance, although like the historic NAM, I suppose there would likely be a few aligned powers with interests joining.
New Terran Republic (FT)

Songhia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Songhia » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:08 pm

Actually, wait, I just now pondered the implications of playing as an alt. I withdraw my claims on Africa; I think I'll choose something in Southeast Asia...
Diplomatic Program of the Republic of Songhia - Factbook
Whenever you see a word ending in -e or -ey, it's supposed to end in é - ie the city of Yandé, Brg. Simon Touré, and so on.
I also control Aurinsula and sometimes post interchangeably with it.

Fortunagen
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortunagen » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 pm

Songhia wrote:Actually, wait, I just now pondered the implications of playing as an alt. I withdraw my claims on Africa; I think I'll choose something in Southeast Asia...

Hello there neighbour! I occupy that tiny square Northeast of Australia(for some reason, no one is adding it to the World Map, ehh, I'll do it later.)
Puzikas wrote:
Fortunagen wrote:Fortunagen is a non-nuclear state despite having vast reserves of uranium.

We couldn't POSSIBLY be stocking up for something.

Shutup, Iran! :p

Mistelemr wrote:With how many shootings that happen almost daily now, I find it hard to care.

Sure I hate myself for it, but fuck it, we invited this. It's sad, but at some point you just stop caring. People can scream and cry but nothing will ever get done about it. When was it last that a shooting incident like this (or any other) actually made people legitimately search for answers or try a new approach? None that I can think of, It's been the same people, shouting the same expletives with the same people dying.

I hear they have good internet over in Scandinavia.

One day, I'll make this sig cool again.

Spirit of Hope
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Spirit of Hope » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Fortunagen wrote:
Songhia wrote:Actually, wait, I just now pondered the implications of playing as an alt. I withdraw my claims on Africa; I think I'll choose something in Southeast Asia...

Hello there neighbour! I occupy that tiny square Northeast of Australia(for some reason, no one is adding it to the World Map, ehh, I'll do it later.)

One of my possible claims is right around China.

See here
Fact Book.
Helpful hints on combat vehicle terminology.

Imperializt Russia wrote:Support biblical marriage! One SoH and as many wives and sex slaves as he can afford!

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm

Fortunagen wrote:

I can only edit the map on one computer. I can only access that computer for 1 1/2 hours each day. I also have work on that computer for which I am getting paid. I wanted to hand the mapmaking over to Hodori, who's better at it, but he's been silent today.
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!
Renegade for Life|Gun-toting Liberal. Because fuck stereotypes|Your friendly neighborhood gun nerd. Ask me anything!|Shameless Mass Effect Fan. I like Quarians a bit more than I should...|This nation is not a nation, and may or may not represent my views|I have been known to draw guns for folks, occasionally

Medeshahr
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Medeshahr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 pm

It may be possible to borrow the map from Earth II, it would be a bit easier to add claims a bit more specifically. However, I haven't have any idea how difficult it would be to add areas to the map, such as Paige's islands. We'd also have to get permission from the Earth II Leadership, but it would be a bit less work and a lot more easily editable I'd imagine. Just a suggestion.

Nua Corda
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nua Corda » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Medeshahr wrote:It may be possible to borrow the map from Earth II, it would be a bit easier to add claims a bit more specifically. However, I haven't have any idea how difficult it would be to add areas to the map, such as Paige's islands. We'd also have to get permission from the Earth II Leadership, but it would be a bit less work and a lot more easily editable I'd imagine. Just a suggestion.

No, we want it custom all the way
Call me Corda.
Bong Hits for Jesus!

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:34 pm

At this point, the only problem with the map is Australia's little squares, which if this were a PMT region could be floating cities, but since this is Terra Firma I don't think square shaped landmasses come out of the ocean. :P
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates