NATION

PASSWORD

The Coming Clash {OOC|OPEN}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

The Coming Clash {OOC|OPEN}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Click for IC

The Coming Clash

”Do you feel it? This stagnant chill. This unnatural chill. Something's coming… Everything will change once again.” - Unknown

The city of Giwash, one of the greatest cities in the world. A city were cultures from around the world are capable of mingling, and knowledge is cultivated. In fact, Giwash has established itself as a center of learning, with multiple schools at all levels, companies and research institutions. Most of this research and knowledge coming from Giwash surrounds a mysterious phenomenon that has fairly recently spread across the globe.

Since time immemorial, humanity has told tales of heroes blessed with inhuman power. But only recently, specifically since the end of the 19th century, and turn of the 20th century, have such fictions become reality. Not reality through the intervention of some powerful being, but through the rise of the metahumans.

They did not just suddenly appear however, it was slow. The first accounts of metahumans were few and far between. Well, relative to the occurrence of metahumans now, which is still very, very rare. Oh, I should also by now, I mean in the year 2051, and by very, very rare, I mean about 0.001 percent of the entire world population could be considered metahumans.

Even though metahumans have always been rare, it hasn’t stopped them from shaping history, or at least helping to. Metahumans have been present in all conflicts from the moment they were discovered, with neither side rarely having more than the other, as if some greater force wished it to remain balanced. In fact, it wasn’t until the second world war that metahumans were deeply involved in a conflict between nations, and from that point on, no military could not be without some metahumans ready for action.

Through the later half of the 20th century, metahuman rights were questionable, even among the “good” western nations. Metahumans were often taken from their families, taken to military research institutions and bases, trained to use their powers, and more importantly, trained to give their life for their country. Only until the 80s and 90s did metahumans start on the path to gain more rights. That said, even into the 21st century, many metahumans still live as second class citizens or worse in many countries.

One of the countries that treated their metahuman population the same as their regular population was the United States. I say was because quite simply put, nothing lasts forever. Over the years, tension built up, and certain events passed, leading to disaster. A disaster in the guise of a civil war, and fracturing of the nation into 13 independent nations.

But what does this all have to do with the city of Giwash? Much like the independent City of New York, Giwash is its own independent city-state, with a similar size and population, surrounded on all sides by the Autocratic state of of Cascadia. In fact, the exact geographic centre of Giwash is located in the centre of Crater Lake. But now you’re thinking, wait, I’ve never heard of such a city existing in that location. Well it doesn’t, after all Giwash is just a fictional city that exists for the purposes of the setting of our story.

Which now brings me to the history of the city of Giwash, and how its connected to the rise of metahumans. The city of Giwash was founded by a small group of people back in 1830 as an isolated community that wished to keep to themselves overlooking Crater Lake. Over the years, the small community didn’t grow much, and at a time looked like it was going to be abandoned. That was until in 1893, when an unnamed man discovered something under Crater Lake, while he was hunting near by. The story goes that the unnamed man heard something whispering to him, and lead him to the lake. He then dove into the lake, and disappeared for a few days before reappearing on the shore of the lake. He was completely unharmed, and could only remember one thing, that there was something under the lake.

Something that he insisted was responsible for the creation of the lake, despite evidence that the lake was formed by a massive eruption of Mount Mazama far in the past. A few days later, this unnamed man became the first recorded metahuman, and attract the attention of the American government, who quickly quarentied the lake, and established a new, top secret military base on Wizard Island, that would forever be known as Installation Alpha, and the unnamed man disappeared once again, this time never to return.

Over the years, not only did this base grow, but the small settlement that was near it grew as well. The settlement grew much faster however, and by the second world war came around, Giwash was now a rather sizable city for the time. After the war, the city and Installation Alpha began growing slightly faster. And it was after the war that a strange pattern began to become obvious. While metahumans were being born and discovered across the world, Giwash and its surrounding area had by far the greatest density of metahumans. Because of this, by time the 80s rolled up, there was plenty of civil unrest as protests for metahuman rights became more regularly.

In fact, if it wasn’t for the citizens of Giwash, many suspect that metahuman civil right movements would have never picked up or succeeded. It also helped that the American military was found to be guilty of kidnapping metahumans, and keeping them at Installation Alpha. Not much happened after the 90s in Giwash, except for the fact that the city was now one of the largest cities in the United States of America. By the 2010s, Giwash started getting to a size that was comparable to New York City, with many big businesses establishing offices there.

It was not long after reaching this milestone when tensions that had been building across the United States snapped. The snap occurred around the year 2020, give or take a year, and resulted in a civil war that lasted nearly 10 years. At the end of it, the United States was no more, and so the 13 nations mentioned previously came to be, with some being more influential and powerful than others. The greatest of these 13 nations quickly became obvious, as it was the now independent city of Giwash, due to its economic significance, and the fact it had the highest population of metahumans. But perhaps most importantly, unlike in some of the other 13 nations, metahumans never lost their rights during the war. As such, many metahumans fought for Giwash during the war, and after the war, many remained with the military.

The city of Giwash after the war continued to grow, but now with another nation around them, they needed to get creative. So as they grew, the citizens of Giwash found the city building taller, and even building underground. But the greatest construction project the city underwent was right in the centre of Crater Lake, a large tower structure that would become the new seat of the city’s government. This structure was finished around 2043, and was known as Anzakargetsu, and was taller than the Burj Khalifa. There were also three large bridges constructed coming from the north, east and west, connecting Anzakargetsu to the rest of the city. All branches of the government operate out of the Anzakargetsu, including the military. In fact, the military had a fourth bridge constructed from Anzakargetsu to Installation Alpha, and it is rumoured that the military is working on something underneath Anzakargetsu, as all levels below the surface require high level clearance to enter.

Well, I think that’s about it, I’ve explained the rise of metahumans, the history and importance of Giwash. However, it still feels like I am missing something. Oh, right, what I am going to tell you is normally a secret. A secret that only a small number of people are privy to. The supernatural, the mythical and the legendary are more real than you think, and magic, well that’s real to. Though, it should be noted that those who are human and use magic are even rarer than metahumans, at about 0.0001 percent of the entire world population.

There are multiple reasons for why magic and the supernatural have remained secret in this age. The first reason is the fact that since the renaissance, magic users and the supernatural beings have been slowly declining in numbers. The second reason is that magic users and supernatural beings have been hunted by certain groups, including the church, forcing many of them to take up secretive lifestyles. Third, and perhaps the most important reason since the rise of metahumans, the majority of people lack the knowledge to differentiate most magic users and supernatural beings from metahuman. Thus allowing magic users and supernatural beings to hide among the population of metahumans.

Why am I bringing up magic? Well, there are rumours among those who know of magic that something is attracting powerful supernatural beings and magic users to Giwash, and so organizations that hunt such beings have also been attracted to the city. If this is true or not, it matters not. All that matters is that something is happening in the city of Giwash, something that could change the world.

Welcome to The Clash at Giwash, a metahuman and fantasy RP that takes place in the fictional city state of Giwash. Before I get to rules, additional lore, or the character application, I need to set a few limitations on what your characters can be. Please remember that I will do my best to work with you to make your ideas work as much as possible.

Can your character be a normal human being? Yes.

Can your character be a metahuman? Yes

Can your character be a magic user? Maybe. You’ll need to discuss your idea with me, as I intend to limit the number of magic users, because as you will see, magic users are much more powerful and more flexible with what they are capable of.

Can your character be a supernatural being? Again, maybe. You’ll need to discuss your idea with me, as I intend to limit the number of them as they can be potentially even more powerful than magic users, depending on what they are.

Can your character be a citizen of Giwash? Yes.

Can your character be a member of the government of Giwash? Maybe, you’ll need to discuss your idea with me.

Can your character be a member of the military of Giwash? Depends on the rank, so best discuss this with me.

Can your character be an agent of another state? Depends on the state they are employed by, so best discuss the idea with me.

Can your character be a member of some organization that is not another nation? Yes, but if you want your character to be of a high rank, discuss it with me.

Can your character be a vigilante? Umm… Yes

Can your character be a recognized hero? Depends, discuss it with me.

Can your character be a villain? Umm…. Yes

How many powers can a metahuman have? One. Only one power. Now, don’t complain, it just means you have to be creative, and you can’t have an Superman-esque character.

How many spells can a magic user have? Well, that depends on the quality of the spells. I will discuss this with you if you want to make a magic user.

Now, with that out of the way, let me present…. The rules.

Rules
1. NO Godmodding, and stuff like that
2. My word is law, and when I am not online, my Co-OP's word is law.
3. There is a difference between Immortality and Invulnerability/Invincibility (of course it can be debated, but this is my thread and this is the stance I take). To put it as simple as possible... Immortal = No Death by Age, Invulnerable/Invincible = Only Death by Age. So, invulnerable/invincible beings are a no, as your characters can be injured and can die.
4. No Overpowered characters.
5. Be a voice of reason, not a control freak. Control freaks will be banished in the blink of an eye.
6. All disputes between people will be kept out of the OOC, settle them via TG.
7. Those who do not listen to the limitations talked about above, their character will be instantly denied. That said, I will try and work with them to make their character acceptable.
8. Inform everyone if you are to be absent for an extended period of time through the OOC
9. READ THE ADDITIONAL LORE I PROVIDE. Any questions that are answered in the lore I will not answer with anything but “Read the additional lore”.
10. Three Strikes and you're out, unless you really mess up.

And now, the thing you have all been waiting for… the character application

Character App - Metahuman/Regular Human
Code: Select all
[b][u]Character App - Metahuman/Normal Human[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (between 14 - whatever)
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Associated Faction:[/b] (Doesn’t need to be associated with any)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[align=center][img]<PLACE IMAGE HERE>[/img][/align]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Power:[/b] (Metahuman Ability)
[b]Skills:[/b] (Things anyone can develop)
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
[b]Did you read the Rules?[/b]
[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Optional Stuff:[/u][/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]

Character App - Magic User/Supernatural being
Code: Select all
[b][u]Character App - Magic User/Supernatural being[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (between 14 - whatever)
[b]Race:[/b] (Human, or some supernatural race)
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Associated Faction:[/b] (Doesn’t need to be associated with any)
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[align=center][img]<PLACE IMAGE HERE>[/img][/align]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Magic:[/b] (Explain in detail any magical abilities they have)
[b]Supernatural Abilities:[/b] (non magical things, can be anything from skills to increased strength or being a werewolf)
[b]Skills:[/b] (Things anyone can develop)
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
[b]Did you read the Rules?[/b]
[hr][/hr]

[b][u]Optional Stuff:[/u][/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[hr][/hr]
[b]Alignment:[/b]
[b]Theme Song:[/b]
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Addition Lore - Nations of the Former United States of America

When the USA split apart, the City of New York was faced with a decision, join with the newly formed nation of New England, or the Armed Republic of Appalachia. Discussions were held, and it seemed that the city could not come to a decision, and it wasn’t just because some citizens wanted the city to join New England or Appalachia. It was because the majority of the citizens either didn’t want to join New England or they didn’t want to join Appalachia. There was a third option that was presented, an option that the city went with. The city of New York would become its own independent state.

The Independent City of New York claims territory that includes the city of New York, Long Island and some of the surrounding area. Even though they are one city, they have remained an economic power, and metahumans enjoy the same rights as all other citizens. They adopted a unitary presidential directorial republic, and as such they don’t elect one president, but elect five people. These five people make up the Council of Five, and act as the collective heads of government and heads of state. As they are also a presidential system, most of the government is similar to structure as how the former US government was.

When it comes to their relations outside the former United States, they share the same general relations as the former United States. They also have friendly relations with New England, the Great Lakes Confederacy, the Republic of California, the United Prairie States and the Kingdom of Hawai’i. They have a friendly rivalry with the Independent City of Giwash. The Independent City of New York has neutral relations with the Mormon Republic of Utah. They are not friends with everyone however, and do have some unfriendly relations with the Armed Republic of Appalachia, the Dixie Republic, the Texan Republic and the Republic of Cascadia.

In the chaos after the United States of America split apart, the nation of New England was formed by a number of states banding together. These states were the states of the New England region; Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. It was only after the war did representatives from each of the states of New England signed a new constitution, thus bringing the nation of New England into existence. It is also worth noting that the rights of metahumans were protected by this constitution.

The nation of New England runs as a representative democracy, specifically a federal parliamentary constitutional republic. As such they run very much like the United States of America did, except that they have a multi-party system with a parliament and a prime-minister instead of a president. When it comes to relations, they share the same general relations as the former United States. And when it comes to friendly relations, neutral relations and unfriendly relations, they share the same relations as the Independent City of New York on the global scale.

On the scale of the former United States, New England has friendly relations with the Independent City of New York, the Great Lakes Confederacy, the Republic of California, the United Prairie States, the Kingdom of Hawai’i and the Independent City of Giwash. New England views the Mormon Republic of Utah with neutrality. They also have unfriendly relations with the the Dixie Republic, the Texan Republic and the Republic of Cascadia. But when it comes to the Armed Republic of Appalachia, they view them as their mortal enemies, and have been engaged in a cold war with them since the end of the war.

In order to survive the war, an alliance was created, and after the war, the alliance became a nation. The states that would found this nation were; New York State, Pennsyvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia. A nation were the military was important, and quickly established total control. This unitary totalitarian military dictatorship would become known as the Armed Republic of Appalachia. It goes without saying, that this totalitarian regime does not give many rights to it citizens, even more so in the case of metahumans. In fact, the Armed Republic of Appalachia has been rumoured to kidnap and experiment on metahumans.

So, it goes without saying that the Armed Republic of Appalachia is not liked by a lot of nations. In fact, the only nations that are known to have friendly relations are other totalitarian nations and those who share the same opinion of metahumans as them. But that is fine, as the Armed Republic of Appalachia has a strong military. Among the nations that formed from the former United States of America, they have very friendly relations with only the Republic of Cascadia. They have neutral relations with the Dixie Republic, the Texan Republic and the Mormon Republic of Utah. They have unfriendly relations with the Republic of California, the United Prairie States and the Kingdom of Hawai’i. They view the Independent City of New York as a rebel nation, but can not just take it over due to its closeness to the mortal enemy of the Armed Republic, the nation of New England, who they are engaged in a cold war with. They also view the Independent City of Giwash as a rebel state of the Republic of Cascadia.

After the war, a new constitution was signed, and the Great Lakes Confederacy was born. The Confederacy was made up of the states of; Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Missouri. They operate was a con-federal representative democratic presidential constitutional republic. As such, each state maintains a good amount of autonomy, but the head of state and government is an elected president with a separately elected legislative branch. Metahumans of the Great Lake Confederacy do have all the same rights as other citizens.

As for global relations, the Great Lakes Confederacy maintains the relationships that the United States had before its collapse. They also have friendly relations with the Independent City of New York, New England, the Republic of California, the Kingdom of Hawai’i, and the Independent City of Giwash. The Confederacy has a friendly rivalry with the United Prairie States. They view the Mormon Republic of Utah with neutrality. The Great Lakes Confederacy viewed the Texan Republic, the Armed Republic of Appalachia and the Republic of Cascadia with an unfriendly view. They viewed the Dixie Republic as an enemy, and are preparing for a war with them if it ever comes to it.

The Dixie Republic, founded after the war, but reverted to old ways of thinking. Civil rights for anyone who isn’t white are restricted, while civil rights for any metahuman are nearly non-existent. The Dixie Republic was formed from the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Tennessee. It runs as a federal timocratic presidential non-partisan republic, which means it does have a president and a legislative branch, however there are no political parties, and only property owners have the right to participate in government.

No former friends of the United States are friends of the Dixie Republic, and some enemies of the former United States do look favourably at the Dixie Republic. They have only one friend among the former United States, and that friend is their greatest ally, the Texan Republic. They view the Armed Republic of Appalachia, the Mormon Republic of Utah, the Republic of Cascadia, and the Kingdom of Hawai’i with neutrality. They have unfriendly relations with the Independent City of New York, New England, the Republic of California, the United Prairie States and the Independent City of Giwash. Finally, they view the Great Lakes Confederacy as the greatest threat to their nation, and have been preparing for war against them.

After the war, Texas saw an opportunity to establish its independence, and so it did. The state of Texas joined with Oklahoma and New Mexico to form the Texan Republic. They signed their own constitution and operate as a unitary timocratic presidential constitutional republic. As such, they operate similarly to the Dixie Republic, but all citizens, property owners or not, retain the right to vote. Their citizen also have similar civil rights as the Dixie Republic, with non-white citizens having restricted rights, and metahumans having almost none.

Much of the United States of America’s old friendly relations didn’t carry over to the Texan Republic, but now, some enemies of the old United States look at the Texan Republic as a friend. They also have friendly relations with the Dixie Republic. The Texan Republic has a neutral view of the Armed Republic of Appalachia, the Mormon Republic of Utah, the Republic of Cascadia, and the Kingdom of Hawai’i. They view the Independent City of New York, New England, the Great Lake Confederacy, the United Prairie States and the Independent City of Giwash. Finally, according to the Texan Republic leadership, the Republic of California was the greatest threat to their nation, and thus has been preparing for war.

During the war, the three states of California, Nevada and Arizona joined together in order to protect their citizens. After the war, many nations were now popping up, thus convincing the three states to sign a constitution and formed the state of the Republic of California. They operate as a federal representative democratic semi-presidential constitutional republic, which means that they have both a president and a prime-minister along with a cabinet. The president chooses both the prime-minister and the cabinet. There is also a parliament of elected officials who work with the prime-minister and cabinet to create legislature. Metahumans enjoy the same rights as normal people in the Republic of California.

The Republic of California maintains the same relations as the former United States. They also have friendly relations with the Independent City of New York, New England, the Great Lakes Confederacy, the United Prairie States, and the Independent City of Giwash. They are known to have a friendly rivalry with the Kingdom of Hawai’i. They view the Mormon Republic of Utah with neutrality. The Republic of California has unfriendly relations with the Armed Republic of Appalachia and the Dixie Republic. They are also have been preparing for war, a war with both the Texan Republic and the Republic of Cascadia.

While the war raged, the state of Utah struggled to survive. They called for help, but no one would answer, at least no one from among the other states. No, their salvation came from a group of Mormon metahumans, who claimed that God sent them as the answer to the Mormon population of Utah’s prayers. And so, once the war came to a close, the state of Utah survived and became the Mormon Republic of Utah. They operate as a unitary direct democratic theocracy, where every citizen votes directly for their nations leader.

It is also worth noting that after the war, the Mormon Republic of Utah banished any one who was not Mormon or anyone unwilling to convert and turned the nation into a completely Mormon state, where Mormon metahumans enjoyed the same rights as all other citizens. It also should be noted that there are only a very few places in the entire nation where non-Mormons are allowed to visit. So, it goes without saying that the Mormon Republic of Utah is a very isolationist and secretive nation, but that does not mean they are not kind. They retain neutral relations with almost every country on the face of the earth, but will offer their aid to countries that are in need.

When the war ended, the states of the prairie established a new constitution and the United Prairie States was formed. The states that constitute the United Prairie States are North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. It is completely identical to the United States at the height of its time. As such, the United Prairie States runs as a federal presidential constitutional republic, with equal rights for all citizens, be them normal humans or metahumans.

The United Prairie States share the same relations as the United States of America had when it was around. They also have friendly relations with the Independent City of New York, New England, the Republic of California, the Kingdom of Hawai’i, and the Independent City of Giwash. They have a friendly rivalry with the Great Lakes Confederacy. They view the Mormon Republic of Utah with neutrality. The United Prairie States viewed the Texan Republic, the Dixie Republic, the Armed Republic of Appalachia, and the Republic of Cascadia with an unfriendly view.

By blood and smoke, a militant group took control over the states of Washington, Oregon and Idaho during the war. After the war, they established the Republic of Cascadia. Despite the name, the Republic of Cascadia is not a republic, in fact it is a unitary aristocratic military junta, where the nation is lead by aristocratic members of the military through a military council. The Republic of Cascadia restricts the rights of citizens not in the military, and those of metahumans.

On the global scale, many nations that were friendly with the United States of America are not friendly with the Republic of Cascadia, while some who did not like the United States of America do like the Republic of Cascadia. They also have friendly relations with the Armed Republic of Appalachia. The Dixie Republic, the Texan Republic and the Mormon Republic of Utah are viewed with neutrality by the Republic of Cascadia. hey have unfriendly relations with the United Prairie States and the Kingdom of Hawai’i. It is known that they have been preparing for war against the Republic of California. They also view the Independent City of New York and the Independent City of Giwash as rebel states that should be crushed when the time is right.

While the mainland United States of America engaged in their civil war, Hawai’i and all the United States territories in the Pacific where left abandoned by the federal government. So, when the war ended, the Kingdom of Hawai’i was founded. Operating as a unitary absolute monarchy, which is known to be kind to its citizens, granting them plenty of rights be them normal humans or metahumans despite all political power lying in the hands of the monarch of Hawai’i.

The Kingdom of Hawai’i has maintained fairly positive relations across the globe. They maintain friendly relations with New England, the Independent City of New York, the Great Lakes Confederacy, the United Prairie States and the Independent City of Giwash. A friendly rivalry exists between the Kingdom of Hawai’i and the Republic of California. They have neutral relations with the Mormon Republic of Utah, Dixie Republic and the Texan Republic. Finally, they hold unfriendly relations with the Armed Republic of Appalachia and the Republic of Cascadia.

The Independent City of Giwash was founded during the war, as they were able to fend of the forces of what would become the Republic of Cascadia. They fought and survived due to their metahuman population, and as such after the war, Giwash became known as a haven for metahumans, and one of the most powerful/influential nations on the earth. Its sovereign territory consists of the city itself and some of the surrounding area. The Independent City of Giwash is run as a unitary representative democratic parliamentary constitutional republic, with a Premier being the head of state and government, and a parliament.

The Independent City of Giwash maintains friendly relations with most nations that the former United States were friendly with, and unfriendly with most nations that the former United States were unfriendly with. The Independent City of Giwash maintains friendly relations with New England, the Great Lakes Confederacy, the United Prairie States, the Republic of California and the Kingdom of Hawai’i. There is a friendly rivalry between the Independent City of Giwash and the Independent City of New York. They maintain a neutral relation with the Mormon Republic of Utah. They have unfriendly relations with the Dixie Republic, the Texan Republic, and the Armed Republic of Appalachia. Finally, they are always ready for war with their greatest enemy, the Republic of Cascadia.

Navassa island was taken by Jamaica, and Puerto Rico became its own independent state along with the US Virgin Islands. Separated from the rest of the former USA, Alaska could not exist alone, and found itself being incorporated into Canada.

Addition Lore - Notable Locations in Giwash

Installation Alpha is a highly secure, and well defended military base located on the Wizard Island in the Crater Lake. When it was first established, the only way to reach the island was to take a boat from a dock on the northeast side of the lake. Now there are only two known ways to reach Installation Alpha; either by helicopter, or by the bridge connecting Installation Alpha to Anzakargetsu.

While Installation Alpha was historically known for kidnapping and testing on metahumans, but since the 80s and 90s, such practices have ceased. Supposedly, as there are rumours among a certain group of people that they still perform such acts. These rumours have been furiously rebuked by military officials and other government officials. It is common knowledge though that the Installation Alpha performs weapon technology research and metahuman research for the military, but the specifics are classified. There have been many spies who have tried to infiltrate the base, with those who failed to get in being arrested and imprisoned in the Union Peak Penitentiary, while those who have managed to get in where never seen again.

Diamond Lake Base is the city of Giwash’s largest military base, with the only other base being Installation Alpha. While Installation Alpha is responsible for research and development, Diamond Lake Base is a much more traditional military base. Despite this, it was built on the west side of Diamond Lake with impressive security measures, fairly close to the border with the Republic of Cascadia. Those stationed at the Diamond Lake Base undergo training everyday, as they must be prepared just encase war comes to the city. The base consists of an army base and an airfield for the small airforce of Giwash.

Anzakargetsu (looks similar to this just on an artificial island) is the centre of the city of Giwash, not just metaphorically as well, as it was constructed in the geographic centre of the city as well. It just so happens that the geological centre of the city was also the centre of Crater Lake, and as such, the tower was built in the centre of the lake. When it was finished, it was even taller than the Burj Khalifa, even when only considering its height from the surface of the water to its tip. From the water surface to the tip of the tower, Anzakargetsu is nearly 1200 metres tall. From the bottom of the lake however, which it was built down to, Anzakargetsu reaches nearly 1800 metres.

Anzakargetsu, which roughly translates to the Tower of Understanding, serves as the only government building in the city of Giwash, except for the courthouses. As such, not only is it the place where politicians meet to discuss the state of the nation, but where everyday citizens have to wait in lines to deal with a variety of things. As such, there is plenty of security throughout Anzakargetsu, along with at the entry points of the three bridges that connect Anzakargetsu to the rest of the city. There is also a helipad on the roof. The artificial island that the tower is constructed also part of the tower, and the first few levels down are just parking. What the levels below parking are unknown to the public, but are rumoured to be used by the military.

Embassy Square is an area in the city of Giwash just south of the Red Cone and west of Lloa Rock Park, known for the high concentration of foreign embassies. In fact, those are the only structures that can be found in that area. It is rumoured that the reason the embassies were all isolated in one area was so that the government of Giwash could keep a close eye on the foreign diplomats and their staff, allowing for quick action against possible spies.

Lloa Rock Park is the largest of the city park in Giwash. It gets its name from the geological formation known as Lloa Rock Park. The park is frequently visited by all members of the population, be them rich or poor, everyone is welcome in the park. That said, authorities have always had a problem with removing homeless folk from the park, and keeping vandalism to almost non-existent. That said, there have been reports of strange occurrences in the park, occurrences that the authorities have been unable to figure out.

The Old Watchman is the premiere restaurant and bar of the Independent City of Giwash. It is located on the peak of the Watchman Peak, overlooking Crater Lake. It is a very, very exclusive restaurant, serving the political elite and the rich. Even then, reservations must be made months in advance. There is also a very strict dress code, and etiquette that must be displayed when dining there. In fact, they have been known to kick patrons out for acting against their strict code of etiquette. The restaurant consists of an indoor area, and a patio overlooking the lake.

Somewhere between Lloa Rock Park and the Old Watchmen, one of the newest, and greatest museums can be found. While not the largest, the Grand Giwash Museum of History contains plenty of artifacts and fossils that were obtained from private collections and from other museums. It is said to contain some very valuable artifacts, hidden underneath the the museum.

The Grand Giwash Gallery can be found across the street from the Grand Giwash Museum of History, and is ranked as one of the greatest art galleries in the world. It contains pieces of art from modern artists to ancient artists. The collection was obtained from private collections, found lost art, and purchased from other galleries.

The New Titan Concert Hall is located a few blocks away from the Grand Giwash Gallery and Grand Giwash Museum of History. It was built to serve as the city’s premiere concert hall, and as such for a musician or performer it is a great honor to perform at the New Titan Concert Hall. As such, it doesn’t have events that frequently, at least compared to the Fantasia Amphitheater.

Older and smaller than the New Titan Concert Hall, the Fantasia Amphitheater still remains significant. Since the construction of the New Titan Concert Hall, the Fantasia Amphitheater has been primarily used for dramatic performances.

Located near the geological feature known as the Pumice Castle, on the south eastern side of Crater Lake, a complex of gardens, both indoors and outdoors can be found. This is the Pumice Castle Botanical Gardens, a world renowned garden complex, with some of the most beautiful and rare plants in the world year round.

The University of Giwash is a world renowned university, located on the north east side of Crater Lake, near Palisade Point. The university provides programs in all the major sciences, and the major arts. Along with serving as a general university, the University of Giwash also has a medical school. It also the greatest university for anyone wishing to learn about metahumans.

The second tallest structure of the Giwash skyline is the Giwash International Trade Centre. It serves as an instrument for trade expansion operated by the World Trade Centres Association. The building has plenty of security features, to protect visitors and those who work there. The construction of the building was funded by the city of Giwash, and it was gifted to the World Trade Centres Association. The building can be located to the south of Garfield Peak.

Located to near the Dutton Cliff of Crater Lake, a large cathedral can be found, a cathedral constructed by the city of Giwash, for the Roman Catholic Church. This cathedral is the Cathedral of Saint Cyprian of Antioch, and is the largest Roman Catholic Church in North America. Its patron is Saint Cyprian of Antioch, a rather unknown saint, as he is the patron saint of sorcery. At least that was what he was the patron of prior to the rise of metahumans, but now he is the patron of sorcery and metahumans. Saint Cyprian of Antioch was also chosen as the patron saint of Giwash.

The Skell Head Academy for Metahumans is a world renowned school for metahumans. It accepts metahumans from around the world, from ages of 10 to 18. They provide their students with food, drink, shelter, attention, and education. They provide your regular education alongside teaching their students how to control their powers. Because of this, the academy has plenty of security features to protect its students, and protect citizens from their students, not because they are evil, but because some students have more dangerous powers than others. The academy can be found near near the Skell Head on the edge of Crater Lake.

Found to the south of Union Peak, the Union Peak Penitentiary is the largest prison of the Independent City of Giwash. While the prison is used to incarcerate normal human criminals, it was designed to incarcerate metahumans. As such, it is one of the most secure prisons in the world, with no successful escapes to smudge that record. This is thanks to both the security technology used and the highly trained guards.

There are only two ways into the Independent City of Giwash, by road or by aircraft. As such there is only one airport in Giwash, the massive Sun Pass International Airport. It is a very busy airport, due to it being the main port of access to Giwash, as such it was built big, and is the largest airport in the world. As such there is plenty of security features and highly trained security officers, along with customs officials.

Located in the bad area of Giwash, known as Hamacker, a few kilometres to the northwest of Crater Lake, one can find a certain bar. This bar is known as the Bronze Dragon Tap, and is known to serve all kinds of people. It is considered a neutral place by locals, and is the only place where enemies can discuss business without worrying about getting killed. As such, the Bronze Dragon Tap is the place to go if one wants to learn about the criminal world of Giwash, or if they need to get something, be it illegal or just information.

Addition Lore - Magic and Notable Supernatural Beings

Magic, a force once only talked about in tales of fantasy, a force that was once believed to be non-existing. Those views are still held to this day, by the large majority of the population, however, there is a very small fraction of the population that know the truth. Magic does exist, so do many supernatural beings. As for what magic is? Magic is the art of manipulating the fundamental energies of the universe.

That said, magic and the supernatural are very hard to distinguish from the abilities of metahumans. In fact, there are only three ways to identify a magic user or supernatural being from a metahuman. The first way is only through magic, specifically through aura or soul reading, as the aura’s and souls of magic users and supernatural beings possess fundamental differences to that of metahumans or normal humans. The second way is through science, and involves running genetic tests. Metahumans get their powers from the expression of a certain gene that is present in all humans. Magic users have a mutation present in the so called “metahuman” gene and express this mutated “metahuman” gene. Supernatural beings tend to range from having similar genetics to humans with notable differences, to having widely different genes. The third way, is to push them far enough in battle. Metahumans only have one ability, while magic users and supernatural beings tend to have a multitude of tricks up their sleeves. Magic users also must use a vessel to harness their magic, be that vessel a magic circle, rune, talisman, wand, or etcetera. Many supernatural beings also use vessels to cast magic, as it allows for greater control. Some users of magic also make use of gestures and spoken word to increase control of their magic, though not every magic user or supernatural being does this.

In order for one to use their magic to its fullest, most magic users tend to follow four ideals, passed down by the first magic user to his first students. The first is the ideal of the strong mind. To have a strong mind ultimately means that one must be able to think rationally and logically in all situations, but it does not necessarily mean one has to be smart. The second ideal is that of sound body. To have a sound body ultimately means to know your body, to know your physical limits, and to have control of your body. It does not necessarily mean you have to be in the greatest health. The third ideal is that of the strict heart. To have a strict heart ultimately means to adhere to one's beliefs, and not to doubt them. It does not necessarily mean that such beliefs must be good or bad. Finally, the fourth and final idea is that of the serene soul. To have a serene soul ultimately means to be at peace with one’s self, to know who you are, to know your flaws and to accept it all. It should be noted that such ideals when practiced by metahumans, can lead metahumans to having greater control of their power.

One of the oldest groups of supernatural beings, Vampires are well known in popular culture. While many cultures talk about vampire-esque beings, the only true vampires can be found in european mythology. Though, many stories exaggerate certain things about them. For one, they do not turn to dust in sunlight, instead they are just very sensitive to sunlight, which means they sunburn easily, and are weakened in sunlight. Garlic has no effect on them, and holy icons only weaken them. Silver and holy water however are known to be deadly to them, and so is a decapitation. They do require a constant supply of blood to keep a youthful appearance. Vampires are also known to be very powerful physically and magically.

Where you have vampires, you have their eternal rivals, werewolves. Werewolves however are only on branch of a much larger group of supernatural beings, the were-beasts or Therianthropes. Normal weapons do have an effect on them, but they do have a healing factors that often heal them before they can sustain fatal damage. Magic, powers and silver weapons have been shown to overpower their healing factors. Therianthropes have both a human form and their beast form, which they can transform into at will. The full moon does not actually have an effect on their transformation or mental state.

Rarely seen, and even more rarely survived, Wendigo are extremely powerful and dangerous beings. Being the result of the possession, by a type of Manitou, of someone who either practices cannibalism or is vulnerable to possession. The strength of a Wendigo increases with age. Young Wendigo are often stuck in a monsterous form, with heightened senses, and formidable physical abilities. While older Wendigo can change between a human form and monstrous form, while retaining the physical attributes of young Wendigo alongside magic that lets them summon cold weather, manipulate said cold weather, induce starvation, induce madness, induce fear and even teleport to their prey. It goes without saying, when a Wendigo is found, they are immediately hunted down by not just humans, but other supernatural beings as they will devour any living thing. That said, they are notoriously hard to kill, with increible healing factors, little sense of self preservation and the fact that only magic or metahuman abilities can actually harm them, with fire magic and fire metahuman abilities being the most effective.

Demons are a rather sizable group of supernatural beings from realms associated with death, the punishing of the dead, and darkness. The thing is, all of those places of great evil are all connected, hence why beings from all those realms can be called demons. Demons tend to share weaknesses towards holy weapons, iron weapon, salt and holy magic. That said, different types of demons will have other weaknesses that are different from other types of demon. Demons also tend to be physically stronger than regular humans, and powerful with magic. They do have to however use magic to sustain their physical form in our world, as such some demons prefer to possess mortal bodies.

Angels are another group of supernatural beings that hail from the realm of Heaven. There is a hierarchy based on power among the angels, with 9 levels, and 9 different types of angels. The weakest physically and magically inhabit the ninth level are just referred to as Angels. While they are the weakest level, they still are superior in physical and magical abilities to normal humans, some metahumans, and some magic users. The eighth level is comprised of the Archangels. The seventh level are comprised of the Principles. The sixth level are comprised of the Powers. The fifth level is comprised of the Virtues. The fourth level is comprised of the Dominions. The third level is comprised of the Thrones. The second level is comprised of the Cherubims. The first level is comprised of the strongest type of angel, the Seraphims.

The only levels of angels that are known to interact with our world, and be able to manifest their physical forms in our world are Angels, Archangels, Principles and Powers. Virtues have been recorded taking a host body if they wanted to interact with our world, while there has been no recorded direct interaction by Dominions, Thrones, Cherubims or Seraphims and our world.

It should also be mentioned that there are two rogue groups of angels; the Fallen and the Watchers. The Fallen are not angels that fell in love with humans, they are angels that either were corrupted,or followed Lucifer. As such, when an angel falls, they are banished to the realm of the demons. Watchers on the other hand were once a group of angels assigned with the protection of this reality from threats from both in our reality and beyond our reality. However, there came a point when the Watchers decided that in order to do their job properly, they could not be isolated to one realm, and needed to be free to travel. As such, the Watchers fled Heaven, and completely disappeared, except for a few rumoured sightings over the years.

Hailing from a realm beyond our own, a realm rich with magic and nature, the Fae are another group of supernatural beings. The types of Fae are numerous, but all are considered nature spirits, and depending on the type of Fae, have multiple forms. The most common group of the Fae are your basic Fairies, who have a human sized form, and their natural, 6 inch tall form, complete with wings. While they are very powerful magically, certain types of Fae are known to be physically weak, while others are known to be physically strong.

Great and mighty beasts, known around the world for their immense strength and wisdom, the Dragons. Calling them beasts is sort of wrong however, as they are not only as intelligent as humans, but some are even considered more intelligent. They are known to be extremely powerful physically, and magically. Dragons are also very hard to slay, and they can not die of natural causes. Some Dragons are strong enough to even to rival deities. Many Dragons have also learned to use magic to change from their natural form, to a human form allowing them to blend in with human society.

Near the pinnacle of power are the deities, beings that have historically been worshipped, and have been shown to possess great control over their given domains. They come in all shapes and sizes, but can change their appearance on a whim. Deities are also known to be able to create their own realms which they rule from. Some tend to interact with humanity more than others, while others wish to live in isolation. There are different levels of deity, with different levels of power. Most beings can’t even scratch deities.

Witches is not just a term that applies to female magic users, but a very select group of supernatural beings. Witches can be male or female, and are supernatural beings that were once human magic users. However, the moment they became a witch they cease aging, they become far stronger with their magic, and experience an increase in physical abilities.

But how does one become a witch? It involves Grimoires. Grimoires are often thought to be books of magic spells, which is not necessarily true. When a magic user finds an ownerless Grimoire, they can claim it, and in doing so it changes them, turning them into a Witch. Once a Grimoire is claimed, the Witch that owns it can change its form to whatever the Witch desires. All Witches are capable of summoning familiars, with the number depending on the strength of the Witch. Some powerful Witches are even capable of assuming multiple forms.

To defeat a Witch, one must first find the Witch’s Grimoire, of which any Witch can only have one. Once one has identified the Grimoire, then they come to the hard part, severing the Witch’s connection to the Grimoire. This can be done by using magic to severe the Witch’s connection or by destroying the Witch’s Grimoire. In doing so, a Witch becomes powerless, and can easily be killed. However, some Grimoires are impossible to destroy, and those tend to be owned by powerful Witches who make severing their connection to the Grimoire very difficult.

Other supernatural beings than those listed above do exist, I have just chosen not to go into detail about them. Those not mentioned are either much rarer, or not as notable.

Addition Lore - Notable Factions in Giwash

There are a multitude of factions that can be found in the city of Giwash, from the government to small third parties. Many of them do not require a description as they are rather general, while others, need some description. Examples of factions that do not require a description include the Giwash military, the Giwash police, Skell Head Academy (staff or student), and etcetera.

The Department of Metahuman Affairs (D.M.A.) is a branch of the Giwash government responsible for all things Metahuman. The D.M.A. is responsible for the monitoring metahuman activity, and bringing metahumans who break the law to justice. As such, they are often seen working alongside the Giwash police, and the military in some cases. They are also partially responsible for the education of metahumans, as they are one of the major donors to the Skell Head Academy. They are based out of Anzakargetsu.

The Witch Hunt is a very old, very influential, but very small faction, dedicated to hunting down Witches, other supernatural beings and magic users that threaten humanity. They are a very secretive group, with most members of the faction only knowing a handful of other members. One of the most sure fire ways of finding a member of the Witch Hunt is to find a bar with the Witch Hunt’s symbol present inside. If you find that symbol, which is often over a door inside a bar, then behind that door is a member of the Witch Hunt, responsible for providing information to other members. As such, these members in particular are known by the outside world quite often as information brokers. Most members however can not be found that easily, as while most members have that symbol on their person somehow (tattoo, necklace, etc.), most members are constantly on the move, and rarely stay in one place for to long. That is unless a Witch has been found. In such cases, members will gather in a place, and hunt the Witch as a group, as it is foolish to challenge a Witch alone. The only known location with the Witch Hunt’s symbol in all of Giwash is the Bronze Dragon Tap.

The Cathedral of Saint Cyprian of Antioch serves as a base of operations for a religious military order known as the Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch. They aren’t however your average religious military order, as they were founded for the sole purpose of hunting down any supernatural being, magic user, or metahumans that are enemies of the church. They are also responsible for gathering artifacts of value to the church through any means necessary. Their line of work would usually end up with them clashing with the government of other nations, however, they are known to work alongside the Giwash government, specifically the D.M.A., and occasionally work alongside their rivals in the Witch Hunt. While the Cathedral serves as their base of operations, their true headquarters is located in the Vatican.

The Ebony Blood Syndicate is the largest criminal organization in Giwash, operating all around the city, with most of its activity being centred in the Hamacker. Criminal activities performed by the Ebony Blood Syndicate include drug trafficking, weapons dealing, counterfeiting, fraud, money laundering, and human trafficking. There is one more major source of their income, that being a combination of weapons dealing and human trafficking, which in their eyes means only one thing, metahuman trafficking. Due to this, the Ebony Blood Syndicate has been the main target of the D.M.A., who they have been fighting since their establishment.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:50 pm

OP Characters/NPCs

Character App - Normal Human
Name: Doctor Bea Leu
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Associated Faction: The D.M.A. (advisor), University of Giwash (Metahuman Genetics professor), the Giwash Military (Installation Alpha), Skell Head Academy (Major donor)
Bio:
Born in Giwash in 2022, during the splitting of the USA through its Second Civil War, Bea Leu never knew her biological parents. She was however adopted by Doctor Mia Johnson, also known as the mother of metahuman genetics. So it goes without saying that from a young age, great things were expected of Bea, as such she embraced her adoptive mothers work and teachings in order to please her. Whether she did or not is unknown, as when Bea Leu was 15, she watched Doctor Mia Johnson pass, and swore to continue her work. And so she did, after she graduated from university with a PhD in metahuman genetics. Her adopted mother also left her a fortune when she passed, and Doctor Bea Leu grew that fortune over the years. Now, Doctor Bea Leu is the world's foremost expert on metahuman genetics, and one of the richest people in Giwash, let alone the world.
Appearance:
*Rather tall as she stands 6'3"

Power: Smoke Manipulation - Doctor Bea Leu has the ability to manipulate smoke. She can use it to create illusionary forms, as a shield or as a weapon. She can not however generate smoke without a lighter and something to burn. Even then, she is a relatively weak metahuman
Skills: Has a PhD in metahuman genetics, trained in Krav Maga, and is in peak physical condition. Doctor Bea Leu also a highly skilled strategist, and not a bad shot. She also speaks English, French, Italian, German, Japanese, and Russian fluently
Equipment: Other than the clothes on her back, Doctor Bea Leu nearly always has a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. She also carries what you'd expect every normal person to carry. She is always seen wearing a ring made of gold with a large purple gemstone, which she got from her adoptive mother. She also almost always carries a concealed Walther P38 that she got from her adoptive mother.

Personality:
Doctor Bea Leu is known differently by different groups of people. To her university students, she is a hard marking professor, known for her challenging exams, but also known for wanting to see her student succeed, be it in class or extracurricular activities. She's known to agents of the D.M.A. for her sharp tongue, and brutal strategies. To most staff and students of the Skell Head Academy, she is a kind donor, that often visits the school to get to know the students, and enjoys talking to said students. To her co-workers at Installation Alpha, she is a hard working individual, who desires perfection along with perfect understanding of the subject of their research, and will stop at nothing to achieve it. At formal events, she is known to be quite polite and respectful to those she wishes to foster good relations with, while her rivals at such event know her sharp tongue, and ability to insult them without insulting them. Finally, the few people who know of her private life say that in her private life she prefers to be left to her own devices, enjoying the little time to herself she gets in private.

Character App - Magic User
Name: Danny Drystan
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Hetero
Associated Faction: Student at Skell Head Academy, very well known musician, singer and actor in Giwash
Bio: It's a secret
Appearance:
*Stands at about 5’11”

Magic: It's a secret
Supernatural Abilities: None
Skills: Danny is fairly skilled in self defense, and is highly skilled in keeping his cool, and remaining true to the four ideals. He is also a talented musician, able to play multiple instruments, and a very good singer. In fact, Danny is a fairly famous musician and singer, and has plenty of fans around the world.
Equipment: Danny only seems to carry what you’d expect him carry; a phone, headphones, wallet, and etc. He does have a strange journal that he keeps on him at all time, which he got from his master.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Danny is known to be a friendly individual, willing to go out of his way to help those he can. He is also known to be very hard working, and is known to be hard to anger. Danny is generally a chill guy, tending to try and avoid fighting. He is also a very good actor. At least that is what he is like in the public eye. In reality, Danny is full of sorrow, and is almost constantly hurting. All because of one person, his girlfriend, Euterpe Kaerae. He visits her in the hospital when ever he gets the chance. In fact, the quickest way to anger him is to trash talk Euterpe or to try and get him to forget about her.
Likes: Music, Acting, His true friends, His former master, Euterpe Kaerae
Dislikes: Certain beings from beyond this universe, those who put him on a pedestal

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme Song: Hold On - Chord Overstreet

Name: Euterpe Kaerae
Sex: Female
Associated Faction: N/A
Bio: It's a secret
Appearance:
*Stands 5’4”

Power: N/A
Skills: She’s clever, a talented artist (drawing), and that’s about it considering she’s spent the past two years in hospital slipping into and out of consciousness.
Equipment: Well, she’s been hospitalized for the past two years, so the only thing she has on her nearly all the time is drawing tools, her phone, and a set of headphones.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Euterpe is a kind, and caring young woman. She is wise beyond her years, and known to be very humble, though she would deny that. She is a dreamer, dreaming specifically of the day she’ll leave the hospital with Danny.
Likes: Danny Drystan and his work, her art, the staff at Giwash General, the man who stabilized her (thus allowing her to live as long as she has)
Dislikes: The idea of certain supernatural beings, her family

Alignment: Neutral Good
Theme Song: TBD

Name: Chin-Mae
Associated Faction: Information Broker and member of the Witch Hunt
Bio:
Born in South Korean, Chin-Mae was raised in an average household, so while there was nothing wrong with his family and didn’t need for anything, he still wanted more. As such, he was a hard worker from a young age, and achieved high grades in school. That was until he was 14 however, when he suddenly dropped out of school, and left Korea. Not long after his disappearance where his parents found dead in the family home, with all evidence pointing at Chin-Mae as the killer.

This was however not the case. But Chin-Mae couldn’t tell the authorities the truth, because they would not believe it. He witnessed his parents murder, and the murder was not human. The murder was a therianthrope, and he watched as the murder killed his parents, and was about to attack him. Though it was at that moment, that a strange woman entered the room, and fired a few rounds into the beast, killing it. This woman then turned to him, and offered her hand.

Next thing Chin-Mae knew, he was travelling with her, and learning from her. She taught him that there was more to this world than meets the eyes, that magic and the supernatural are real, and can pose a real threat if not dealt with. That was her job, she traveled the world, hunting supernatural beings and magic users that would threaten the peace of the world. Chin-Mae was captivated by this, perhaps due to wanting to get vengeance for his parents, or perhaps due to the fact that this woman had no magic, or powers of any kind. She was just a human like him.

So, he learned to fight, and hunt. Soon he found himself brought into the organization she worked for, the Witch Hunt. He spent next few years continuing his travels with her, and fighting by her side. He would have been happy with continuing like that, but it was not to be. On one hunt, they were ambushed by a Witch, and fought with all they had, but when the Witch was killed, he saw the woman who saved him fall to the ground. He stayed by her side as she drew her last breath, and while he burned her body.

Eventually, he would find himself in Giwash, and recognized that such a city was surely full of supernatural beings. And so, he settled down, becoming a local informant, while also finding time to hunt or assist other members of the Witch Hunt.
Appearance:
*Stands 5’5”

Power: N/A
Skills: Chin-Mae is a highly skilled shot, very skilled with the kukri, and skilled with improvised weapons. He is also very knowledgeable when it comes to the supernatural, and how to kill almost anything. He is peak physical condition, and peak mental condition. In fact, he is skilled and in such condition that he can go one on one with some metahumans. He is known to be able to read people with ease, and tell if they are lying. Which leads to his skill on reading people in combat, plus highly deadly training in martial arts. Basically, Chin-Mae is a guy you don’t want to mess with. He also speaks English and Korean
Equipment: Two Beretta M9’s, holy water, salt, silver bullets, some rope, an enchanted Kukri and a syringe

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Chin-Mae is a man obsessed with his business, which is the brokering of information, and slaughter of supernatural threats. As such, he is very professional in deals, and possess a killing instinct that helps in both of his professions. That said, he is not cruel. When killing, he attempts to make the death as painless as possible, and is almost always willing to aid other members of the Witch Hunt in their hunts. He cares deeply only for members of the Witch Hunt and certain people who do regular business with him.
Likes: The D.M.A. (specifically the business they provide), The Bronze Dragon Tap, The Witch Hunt
Dislikes: Liars, supernatural beings and magic users that threaten the safety of the human world

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Theme Song: Satellite - Rise Again

Character App - Metahuman
Name: Special Agent Kato Rowan Lennox Galen
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Associated Faction: Special Agent of the D.M.A., Alumni of Skell Head Academy, and the University of Giwash
Bio:
Born as the third child to the prestigious Galen Family, Kato Rowan Lennox Galen's future was set from birth. His family has always achieved high ranking within the military, and as such, he was expected to join the military and achieve greatness. So, he was forced to live up to high standards, and was raised to meet those standards. Specifically to the standards of his father.

While his mother was less strict, it was his father that held the power in the family. As such, it was his father who he had to impress, it was his father's standards that he had to meet, and no matter what he did, Kato could never impress his father or meet his standards. His older siblings didn’t struggle though, leaving Kato as the black sheep of the family.

It was during his final years in the Skell Head Academy that he made a choice that would cause plenty of conflict with his family. He decided to not join the Giwash military, and applied to the University of Giwash, specifically to a special program that would get him into the D.M.A. Upon learning this, his father got pissed, and kicked him out of the house. Kato expected this, and began a life free of the pressure of his family.

He graduated from the University of Giwash when he was 21, and quickly found himself among the D.M.A. He showed great talent with the D.M.A. and found himself rising through the ranks to the rank of Special Agent, despite the fact his father tried to sabotage his advancement multiple times. He has been offered promotions to Supervisory Special Agent multiple times, but has refused each time for unknown reasons. Despite this, he is one of the most respected members of the D.M.A., and not due to his family, but his own work.

Appearance:
*Stands 5’10”

Power: Spatial Distortion - Kato is capable of distorting the space around him to his whim. This allows him to bend space around him, creating a near impenetrable defense as attacks bend around him. Kato is also capable of using this ability to distort space in order to bypass defenses. The distortion of space can also be used by Kato to perform short range teleportation of objects, himself and/or other people. He can use his spatial distortion to allow him to perform floortilting on his own person. Finally, his most dangerous use of spatial distortion is the ability to quickly compress space, and launch this compressed space towards opponents, with the compressed space acting like rubber bullets which bypass defenses. What makes it dangerous is what he can do to the compressed space when it hits a target. If he desired, he can cause the space to quickly expand, creating an imperceptible explosion, which can be used to deadly effect depending on how quick the expansion is and where he triggers it. He does not like using this to its deadly effect, preferring to use it to quickly incapacitate opponents.
Skills: Through training, Kato has reached the heights of what the human body can achieve (Peak Human Condition). He is also highly skilled in hand to hand, swordplay and marksmanship. Kato is also skilled in reading people, and is hard to trick.
Equipment: Kato always has his sword, two pistols, his wallet and badge.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Patient, and a planner. He will be more often than not willing to talk to his opponents, and try to talk them down. With that in mind, he is no pacifist. He is also known for his strange willingness to use his sword in battle despite. Given a reason to, he will fight. He is kind, and unlike some of his colleagues, willing to bend the rules if it is for the greater good. It is also worth noting that he is determined, and if he sets his sights on something, nothing will stop him. That is if he gets serious. As seen in the fact he holds back, Kato is rarely seen as serious, but also not seen as childish.
Likes: Saving money, sales at the supermarket, protecting all citizens of Giwash, studying the past, his nifty prosthetic leg, good music, good books, good movies, good TV, good manga, good anime, his co-workers (specifically his partner, Aurek)
Dislikes: Using lethal force, too many laws, running in without a plan, his father, enemies of Giwash, and the Ebony Blood Syndicate.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Theme Song: Glitter and Gold - Barns Courtney

Character App - Metahuman
Name: Slecg Beaumont, also known as the Hammer of Giwash
Associated Faction: Headmaster of the Skell Head Academy
Bio: All you need to know is he was born in Giwash, fought for Giwash in the war. After the war he found himself in the position of headmaster of the Skell Head Academy, and the rest is history
Appearance:
*Stands 6’4”

Power: Old Man Power - Slecg is capable of enhancing his own physical capabilities for up to ten minutes a day. In doing so, he can increase his physical strength, allowing him to easily punch straight through most all defenses, and lift up to 50 US Tons. He can also increase his physical durability to the point that he is bullet proof. His endurance can be increased, allowing him to fight on even if he should be dead. Slecg can also increase his agility, balance, dexterity and reflexes. He can also increase the speed at which he can move, and the speed at which he can process information.
Skills: He may be old, but he is still able to keep up with younger metahumans, and in many cases surpasses them physically. He is trained in many different martial arts, and is one of the most powerful metahumans in Giwash
Equipment: Armed with only a cane and his everyday clothes (suit)

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Slecg tends to be a rather serious and business-eque old man. Despite not having family, he views all of his students as his children, and will do whatever possible to protect them. Even if his students hate him, he will do what he believes is right to protect them. He tends to stop fights just with a glare, but will not hesitate to get physical in order to stop fights.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme Song: TBD

Character App - Magic User
Name: Brother (or Sir) Godwyn
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Associated Faction: Order of Saint Cyprian of Antioch
Appearance:
*Stands: 5’11”

Magic:
Physical Augmentation - Brother Godwyn is capable of harnessing his magical energy, and concentrating in order to enhance his own physical aspects by a very large factor. Such aspects that can be enhanced include his strength, speed, defense/durability and senses.
Damage Reduction - Brother Godwyn is capable of surrounding himself or others with a temporary layer of magical energy that reduces the damage taken by those surrounded by the magic layer.
Debuffing - Brother Godwyn is capable of weakening the magic of his opponents temporarily.
Enhancement Calling - Brother Godwyn is capable of granting temporary enhancements to others. Such enhancements include, enhancements to accuracy, strength, defense, combat skill, speed and immunity to ailments.
Healing - Brother Godwyn is capable of healing others, however, he can not heal himself. His healing is relatively basic, not being able to heal severe injuries.
Accelerated Perception - Harnessing magic power, Brother Godwyn is capable of perceiving everything at an accelerated rate.
Weapon Enhancement - By concentrating magical energy into his weapons, he can make them far more powerful and deadly.
Exorcism - Being a man of the Church, and a member of the Order, Brother Godwyn is capable of using magical energy to perform exorcisms.
Sanctification - Being a man of the Church, and a member of the Order, Brother Godwyn is capable of using magical energy to sanctify objects and remains
Smite - By harnessing a vast amount of magical energy into a single point, Brother Godwyn is able to make an extremely powerful magic attack, capable of defeat most in one blow.
Theurgy - Using magical energy, Brother Godwyn is capable of communicating with the forces of heaven to perform miracles and call upon magic from angels
Supernatural Abilities: N/A
Skills:
Multilingual - Speaks English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Latin
Expert Marksman - Brother Godwyn is quite a skilled marksman
Hand to Hand Master - Brother Godwyn is highly skilled in hand to hand combat
Encyclopedic Knowledge of the Supernatural - It's what it sounds like, Brother Godwyn knows quite a lot about the supernatural
Equipment: Two revolvers in his suit

Optional Stuff:
Personality: At first glance, Brother Godwyn appears to be your common member of the Order, serious, loyal, softly spoken and kind to humans. However, when you get to know him, you'd discover that unlike most of his comrades, Brother Godwyn treats the supernatural with the same respect he gives other human

Alignment: Neutral Good
Theme Song: Till the Day I Die - TobyMac

Player Roster

Aurek Lowell - Chocolate and Pain - Charlia
Claire Voulet - Botany and Bees - Charlia

Pierre-Louis Dugal - Old Frenc-Canadian Boi - Clan Grimrock

Eliana Zadok - Former Sister, Current Student - Elysian Kentarchy

Adam - A Lost Living Weapon - Granis

Ludovika Sarsenbaev - And now, the weather - Khasinkonia

Lee Inaba - A Bloody Hitman - Kuhlfros
Doctor Frederick H. Grimm - Hunting and Teaching - Kuhlfros

Jörg Brößler - Cascadian Terrorist - Nova Urbinum

Edward Falk/Marcel Urban - Totally not a Spy - Riysa

Otto Fultz - Just a Janitor - Saint Ryvern

Anastasiya “Ana” Koslov - The Clever and Rich Girl - The GAmeTopians

Thomas Montoya - The Werewolf Nurse - Vulnier

Alexander Denton - Talk, Talk, Talk - Woodstovia
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:53 pm

*stumbles through door before falling flat on face*

hi

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:08 pm

What happened to Colorado and Denver?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:10 pm

Clarcia wrote:What happened to Colorado and Denver?

Rule 9.

Read the additional lore
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:25 pm

tag
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:31 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Clarcia wrote:What happened to Colorado and Denver?

Rule 9.

Read the additional lore

Which piece is it in? I didn’t see it in the extra states sections.
Last edited by Clarcia on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 pm

Well, this is... Unexpected. App won't appear until Monday at the earliest, since I'm busy over the weekend, but I figure that's just time to come up with ideas.

Also let me just say that I wholeheartedly support the one power = one person idea.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Clarcia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Rule 9.

Read the additional lore

Which piece is it in? I didn’t see it in the extra states sections.

Read it again. I have listed which former states united to create each one of the 13 nations in the first paragraph of the write up on each of the 13 nations

But if you are asking about if anything happened in Denver during the war, then I have not gone into that much detail

Lunas Legion wrote:Well, this is... Unexpected. App won't appear until Monday at the earliest, since I'm busy over the weekend, but I figure that's just time to come up with ideas.

Also let me just say that I wholeheartedly support the one power = one person idea.

Good to see you

Joohan wrote:tag

Welcome
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Sorry. I’m dumb and missed the prairie states. :)

I take Denver’s the capitol then. Might do an app of a character from there.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:42 pm

One last stupid question, can a telekinetic meta human lift themselves?

Weird question, but flight is technically its own thing so I didn’t want to put in a cheeky extra power.
Last edited by Clarcia on Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Clarcia wrote:Sorry. I’m dumb and missed the prairie states. :)

I take Denver’s the capitol then. Might do an app of a character from there.

I have yet to decide the capitol for the United Prairie States, so don't assume it is

Clarcia wrote:One last stupid question, can a telekinetic meta human lift themselves?

Weird question, but flight is technically its own thing so I didn’t want to put in a cheeky extra power.

Well, telekinesis usually operates with a limit to the weight of what can be moved, so as long as the character isn't heavier than that, I'll allow it. But it won't be supersonic or even very fast flight
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Rhodevus
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 19, 2013

Postby Rhodevus » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:45 pm

hello again. tagging for later
She/Her
IATA Member Embassy Character Creation 101
Do not argue against me, you will lose...or win, depending on the situation
The Official Madman with a Box
Rodrania wrote:Rhod, I f*cking love you, man. <3
Divergia wrote:The Canadian Polar-Potato-Moose-Cat has spoken!
Beiluxia wrote:Is it just me, or does your name keep getting better the more I see it?

Factbook
International Exchange Student Program Member
XENOS MEMBER OF THE MULTI-SPECIES UNION!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:47 pm

Rhodevus wrote:hello again. tagging for later

Welcome again
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Looks awesome, deffienly tagging! Id like to reserve a magic user, as i have a decent idea :p

Question, would you like me to telegram you the specifics with his magic? Before i post a cs
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Trivolia wrote:Looks awesome, deffienly tagging! Id like to reserve a magic user, as i have a decent idea :p

Question, would you like me to telegram you the specifics with his magic? Before i post a cs

Yes I would, because I need to judge them, and decide if I'll allow you, who I do not know, to be a magic user
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Trivolia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trivolia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:10 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Trivolia wrote:Looks awesome, deffienly tagging! Id like to reserve a magic user, as i have a decent idea :p

Yes I would, because I need to judge them, and decide if I'll allow you, who I do not know, to be a magic user

That is indeed fair uwu
"To be protective is not to be corupt; to be rational is not to be cruel and oppressive"
~Honorable dictator of Trivolia

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014

Postby The GAmeTopians » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:51 pm

School is school, but I'ma lurk because Faal RP. We'll see what happens.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 pm

So...what Deities exist? And would it be possible to do Pact Magic (IE: Get trained by a Dragon/Fae/Angel/ect so long as it works with you) as sort of an alternative to compiling a grimoire?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:54 am

Tag

I won't be able to do anything until the middle of next week, but I just can't resist
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:15 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:School is school, but I'ma lurk because Faal RP. We'll see what happens.

Anyways, good to see you.

Danceria wrote:So...what Deities exist? And would it be possible to do Pact Magic (IE: Get trained by a Dragon/Fae/Angel/ect so long as it works with you) as sort of an alternative to compiling a grimoire?

What deities are you looking for? And as for pact magic, it is possible to be trained by supernatural beings, but you will not get the same level of strength as them.

Tracian Empire wrote:Tag

I won't be able to do anything until the middle of next week, but I just can't resist

Alright
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am

What deities are available to train under/pay worship too? I was thinking of making a Dragon-trained mage, or at the very least, the man responsible for making sure people know what's what in Magic.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am

Let me get this straight. So, the U.S got itself in a civil war due to impart of Giwash’s Metahuman Civil Rights crap and the U.S kidnappings of Metas, among other crap. Giwash is also a city with a great lake that a unknown metahuman that was like “Oi, I’m the one who made this lake (despite overwhelming evidence that he did not) Fuck you.” Then the U.S gov got pissy and build a top secret military base where they likely casually did kidnapping of the Giwash’s population. There’s also magic and supernatural creatures that will likely fuck over mortals in their ass. Essentially, this is the American Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo : Magical-Wizardry Edition (Metahuman DLC).
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:11 am

The Empire of Tau wrote:Let me get this straight. So, the U.S got itself in a civil war due to impart of Giwash’s Metahuman Civil Rights crap and the U.S kidnappings of Metas, among other crap. Giwash is also a city with a great lake that a unknown metahuman that was like “Oi, I’m the one who made this lake (despite overwhelming evidence that he did not) Fuck you.” Then the U.S gov got pissy and build a top secret military base where they likely casually did kidnapping of the Giwash’s population. There’s also magic and supernatural creatures that will likely fuck over mortals in their ass. Essentially, this is the American Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo : Magical-Wizardry Edition (Metahuman DLC).

You are off course.

The US got in a civil war because tensions snapped for many reason. Metahuman Civil Rights movements were in the 80s and 90s, the US fell into war during the 2020s.

The first metahuman did not make the lake, he just discovered his powers after discovering something under the lake. The government then built a base because of the something under the lake, and at the time Giwash wasn't even the name of the settlement, which barely qualified as a village.

Danceria wrote:What deities are available to train under/pay worship too? I was thinking of making a Dragon-trained mage, or at the very least, the man responsible for making sure people know what's what in Magic.

What deities are do you desire? As for having a character responsible for making sure people know what's what in magic, magic isn't known about by a very large population, and those who do know about magic, pretty much already know what's what
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse