NATION

PASSWORD

Broken Crown [OCC, Reboot]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:12 am

Benuty wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Ok, then can I reserve 47,48,50, and 51 as some giant forest in that area?

48 might be a problem.

Your going for it or reserve it?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:14 am

Ralnis wrote:
Benuty wrote:48 might be a problem.

Your going for it or reserve it?

Well the application is in progress so yes I am going for it.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:17 am

Benuty wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Your going for it or reserve it?

Well the application is in progress so yes I am going for it.

Shit, then I can go 61.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:22 am

Ralnis wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well the application is in progress so yes I am going for it.

Shit, then I can go 61.

Kay, you got it reserved. The Pope disaproves of your poor tribal tastes. :p
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:36 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Shit, then I can go to 61.

Kay, you got it reserved. The Pope disapproves of your poor tribal tastes. :p

Speaking of the Pope, and matters of faith just how much of an Expy is this faith compared to Catholicism?
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 am

Benuty wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Kay, you got it reserved. The Pope disapproves of your poor tribal tastes. :p

Speaking of the Pope, and matters of faith just how much of an Expy is this faith compared to Catholicism?

The faith of Luaric is much like the church in respect of tradition and conversion, save for a more aggressive conversion policy. With the Entrusil Emperor now dabbling in witchcraft, they are probably more distrustful than ever of their peers. One might accused of witchcraft if he converses with the wrong people.

They also contain more knowledge than the Catholic Church, not in technology, but other knowledges that may prove useful. They don't share this knowledge or use it much to any extent, so trying to pry it out of them may be impossible. There's more to this church than meets the eye.

Lastly their relations with the Entrusil Empire is dangerous for the Papacy, with the Emperor scheming with his debaucherous magicks and a puppet "Pope" who listens to his every whim, the Luaric church and those loyal to it are heavily concerned for its future, and with the church divided now, their authority and power is strained to the point where they must carefully consider who they cross paths with.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Holmgor
Political Columnist

Founded: May 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Holmgor » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 am

Tag, taggy, taggy, tag!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:18 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Speaking of the Pope, and matters of faith just how much of an Expy is this faith compared to Catholicism?

The faith of Luaric is much like the church in respect of tradition and conversion, save for a more aggressive conversion policy. With the Entrusil Emperor now dabbling in witchcraft, they are probably more distrustful than ever of their peers. One might accused of witchcraft if he converses with the wrong people.

They also contain more knowledge than the Catholic Church, not in technology, but other knowledges that may prove useful. They don't share this knowledge or use it much to any extent, so trying to pry it out of them may be impossible. There's more to this church than meets the eye.

Lastly their relations with the Entrusil Empire is dangerous for the Papacy, with the Emperor scheming with his debaucherous magicks and a puppet "Pope" who listens to his every whim, the Luaric church and those loyal to it are heavily concerned for its future, and with the church divided now, their authority and power is strained to the point where they must carefully consider who they cross paths with.

Sounds like it's time for a crusade.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:24 am

Kelmet wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:The faith of Luaric is much like the church in respect of tradition and conversion, save for a more aggressive conversion policy. With the Entrusil Emperor now dabbling in witchcraft, they are probably more distrustful than ever of their peers. One might accused of witchcraft if he converses with the wrong people.

Sounds like it's time for a crusade.

Witchcraft abound, a boy king with his sister as heir, a impious empire sits on the biggest Lutholic realm, and a sultanate in Asnya. What could go wrong? :p

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:28 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Benuty wrote:Speaking of the Pope, and matters of faith just how much of an Expy is this faith compared to Catholicism?

So in my WIP application, I mention my religion being the "dissenters" imagine early, and medieval reform movements that were condemned as heresies wrapped around the English Dissenters movements from the 16th to 19th century. A few wars happened, but ultimately due to a treaty with the royal government, the dissenters are free to practice within my characters region so its basically highly structured Protestantism. A Protestantism with heavy bent into mysticism, and other practices that are at odds with the royal beliefs, but are guaranteed to prevent war in the realm. Due to a royal treaty, they are only allowed within one region so the papal schism hasn't affected the faith as much, but if movements were to spread outside of the treaty region well problems could rise up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Dissenters

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:33 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Kelmet wrote:Sounds like it's time for a crusade.

Witchcraft abound, a boy king with his sister as heir, a impious empire sits on the biggest Lutholic realm, and a sultanate in Asnya. What could go wrong? :p

A big part of my character is disgrremments with the church (the church dosnt like me for youthful trangressions)

So maybe saying deus vult louder than everyone else might be a good idea.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Brendislav
Attaché

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brendislav » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm

If enough players are heretics or heathens we might get a religious war rather than a succession war. Of course, people's goals will always come into play as well. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Brendislav
Attaché

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brendislav » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Ralnis wrote:Ok, then can I reserve 47,48,50, and 51 as some giant forest in that area?

Actually now that I look at it, my province #46 (Bryn) is a big logging area as well. So I think it would be a part of the same giant forest (maybe we should name it?). Also, perhaps we are stepping into the tribes lands as we tear it apart for more lumber.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Benuty wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:The faith of Luaric is much like the church in respect of tradition and conversion, save for a more aggressive conversion policy. With the Entrusil Emperor now dabbling in witchcraft, they are probably more distrustful than ever of their peers. One might accused of witchcraft if he converses with the wrong people.

So in my WIP application, I mention my religion being the "dissenters" imagine early, and medieval reform movements that were condemned as heresies wrapped around the English Dissenters movements from the 16th to 19th century. A few wars happened, but ultimately due to a treaty with the royal government, the dissenters are free to practice within my characters region so its basically highly structured Protestantism. A Protestantism with heavy bent into mysticism, and other practices that are at odds with the royal beliefs, but are guaranteed to prevent war in the realm. Due to a royal treaty, they are only allowed within one region so the papal schism hasn't affected the faith as much, but if movements were to spread outside of the treaty region well problems could rise up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Dissenters

I've read your app a bit, and looking forward to its completion.

Brendislav wrote:If enough players are heretics or heathens we might get a religious war rather than a succession war. Of course, people's goals will always come into play as well. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

Aye, but a war that threatens the king is a good war for all.

Brendislav wrote:

Actually now that I look at it, my province #46 (Bryn) is a big logging area as well. So I think it would be a part of the same giant forest (maybe we should name it?). Also, perhaps we are stepping into the tribes lands as we tear it apart for more lumber.

I'd like that, talk to Ralnis about it, he's the one who's living in the forests.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:14 pm

I'll be away be away for a few a while due to RL reasons.

Will do my best to return soon.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Kelmet wrote:I'll be away be away for a few a while due to RL reasons.

Will do my best to return soon.

Kay, hope you'll be back soon.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:53 pm

NPC Char
Title: Holy Mother, Most Holy Grand Dame, Mother of The Church, Seraphic Lady of the Holy Order of Luaric, Highest Light of the Holy Order of Lionsoar, Keeper of Holy Animals, Daughter of House Lionsoar, Lady of Falling Waters, Former Viscountess of Pragua-et-Umbar
Full Name: Morgana Uritz Popaal
Appearance:

Height and Weight: 1.54m, though she refuses to be weighed
Religion: Ostensibly Luaric
Culture: Galeacian (the kind before the split)
Biography: Born to a wealthy noble family in what is now the Entrusil Empire but was formerly the western portion of Galeacia, Morgana was raised in the lap of luxury, in a time when the Kingdom was on top of the world and the Church revelled in the blood of pagans being spilled in their name. Her family itself, the House of Uritz, are actually descendants of Luaric Lionsoar himself and very important to the church, though only she and her mother were afforded entry to the House of Lionsoar, not an honour given to spouses of descendants. Years went by and she lived her life as a typical noble woman, attending the appropriate galas and donating to the proper charities, though she did wield a modicum of power beyond her actual titles, being respected by the Church in such a manner. However, it was not until her son was named Pope, a feat many assume she had a heavy hand in deciding, that she became the woman she is today. Overnight she became immune to all criticism and was benefited by virtually limitless wealth, as no practising Luaric could refuse to accommodate her, lest they earn the wrath of the Holy Mother (and about a million other titles that comes with having the Pope board in your womb for nine months). For years she has done as she pleases, owning dozens of vast estates across the kingdom where she houses orphans, widows, and all manner of unseemly folk at the expense of the various lords the land is on and the Church itself. Everyone who matters is too afraid of her to say much about it, and that's the way she likes it. Rumours swirl of her connection to various Entrusil diplomats that she grants holy immunity to while they reside in her estates, but she is untouchable by divine law and no one dares speak of it in her presence. She herself does not subscribe to the Faith, believing it to be rubbish designed to yoke the people into complacency, but she also knows her life depends on it, given the numerous enemies she has made among the nobility. In the past few years she has seen cause to worry, namely in Phillip II's seeming lack of faith. Sure, he goes through the motions, but when she has seen him she does not seem the fervour that consumed his father and Phillip de Runate, the same fervour that has kept the power of the Church strong in Galeacia and her safe from scorn. Thankfully, few others have been able to see these signs yet, but it is imperative that she ensure the Church's (or at least her) standing with the new king remains strong. To do this, she may have to make allies she may not normally make, outsiders to the throne that will be gathering from every corner of the entire nation in hopes of currying favour with the monarch.
Notable Relationships: The Pope, The Church
Professional Skills: She is generally intelligent and cunning, with a wide base of knowledge that comes with a lifetime of learning.
Personality: Morgana's most prominent traits are her sharp wit, high cunning and intelligence. A politically astute woman, she has been a master of Church and Court politics and intrigue nearly her entire life, both in the Old Empire and the new Galeacia. Her strength and competence in politics has made her a very powerful force in the Church and the world at large. An outspoken woman with little patience for inconvenience, she is unafraid of using her power as the mother of the Pope to threaten her enemies and extend political immunity to her allies. Morgana never shies from stating her opinion (unless it is more advantageous to mask it) and truly hates her son for his cruelty, incompetence, and deep selfishness, though she is quite willing to twist him to her ends.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Auphelia wrote:
NPC Char
Title: Holy Mother, Most Holy Grand Dame, Mother of The Church, Seraphic Lady of the Holy Order of Luaric, Highest Light of the Holy Order of Lionsoar, Keeper of Holy Animals, Daughter of House Lionsoar, Lady of Falling Waters, Former Viscountess of Pragua-et-Umbar
Full Name: Morgana Uritz Popaal
Appearance:
Height and Weight: 1.54m, though she refuses to be weighed
Religion: Ostensibly Luaric
Culture: Galeacian (the kind before the split)
Biography: Born to a wealthy noble family in what is now the Entrusil Empire but was formerly the western portion of Galeacia, Morgana was raised in the lap of luxury, in a time when the Kingdom was on top of the world and the Church revelled in the blood of pagans being spilled in their name. Her family itself, the House of Uritz, are actually descendants of Luaric Lionsoar himself and very important to the church, though only she and her mother were afforded entry to the House of Lionsoar, not an honour given to spouses of descendants. Years went by and she lived her life as a typical noble woman, attending the appropriate galas and donating to the proper charities, though she did wield a modicum of power beyond her actual titles, being respected by the Church in such a manner. However, it was not until her son was named Pope, a feat many assume she had a heavy hand in deciding, that she became the woman she is today. Overnight she became immune to all criticism and was benefited by virtually limitless wealth, as no practising Luaric could refuse to accommodate her, lest they earn the wrath of the Holy Mother (and about a million other titles that comes with having the Pope board in your womb for nine months). For years she has done as she pleases, owning dozens of vast estates across the kingdom where she houses orphans, widows, and all manner of unseemly folk at the expense of the various lords the land is on and the Church itself. Everyone who matters is too afraid of her to say much about it, and that's the way she likes it. Rumours swirl of her connection to various Entrusil diplomats that she grants holy immunity to while they reside in her estates, but she is untouchable by divine law and no one dares speak of it in her presence. She herself does not subscribe to the Faith, believing it to be rubbish designed to yoke the people into complacency, but she also knows her life depends on it, given the numerous enemies she has made among the nobility. In the past few years she has seen cause to worry, namely in Phillip II's seeming lack of faith. Sure, he goes through the motions, but when she has seen him she does not seem the fervour that consumed his father and Phillip de Runate, the same fervour that has kept the power of the Church strong in Galeacia and her safe from scorn. Thankfully, few others have been able to see these signs yet, but it is imperative that she ensure the Church's (or at least her) standing with the new king remains strong. To do this, she may have to make allies she may not normally make, outsiders to the throne that will be gathering from every corner of the entire nation in hopes of currying favour with the monarch.
Notable Relationships: The Pope, The Church
Professional Skills: She is generally intelligent and cunning, with a wide base of knowledge that comes with a lifetime of learning.
Personality: Morgana's most prominent traits are her sharp wit, high cunning and intelligence. A politically astute woman, she has been a master of Church and Court politics and intrigue nearly her entire life, both in the Old Empire and the new Galeacia. Her strength and competence in politics has made her a very powerful force in the Church and the world at large. An outspoken woman with little patience for inconvenience, she is unafraid of using her power as the mother of the Pope to threaten her enemies and extend political immunity to her allies. Morgana never shies from stating her opinion (unless it is more advantageous to mask it) and truly hates her son for his cruelty, incompetence, and deep selfishness, though she is quite willing to twist him to her ends.

I feel like somehow this character is truly part of this world. Accepted, are you going to make the Pope? I was planning to get around it, but it seems you got your own plans.

Going to try and see if I can post several NPC's tonight. Also IC should be coming up soon, just want to see a bit more apps plugged in.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I feel like somehow this character is truly part of this world. Accepted, are you going to make the Pope? I was planning to get around it, but it seems you got your own plans.

Going to try and see if I can post several NPC's tonight. Also IC should be coming up soon, just want to see a bit more apps plugged in.

Thank you very much, I am glad she fits in well! I was planning on making the Pope, but if you also had plans for him I wouldn't want to stop you.
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Auphelia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:I feel like somehow this character is truly part of this world. Accepted, are you going to make the Pope? I was planning to get around it, but it seems you got your own plans.

Thank you very much, I am glad she fits in well! I was planning on making the Pope, but if you also had plans for him I wouldn't want to stop you.

I was simply thinking that the popes goals, should be not on endangering the Galeacian Realm, but trying to rally it against the Entrusil empire. An empire dabbling with puppet "popes" and witchcraft. If you can get that down, you pretty much can make the Pope. After all, you have a pretty solid character going, and a potential character complimenting it.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 pm

Brendislav wrote:

I wouldn't mind that, would be a good beginning conflict before true anarchy starts.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 pm

NPC Char
Title: His High Holiness, Exalted One of the Highest Realm, Bringer of Peace and Prosperity, Shepherd of Heaven and Earth, Divine Light, etc.
Full Name:. George Uritz Papaar
Appearance: A man with a kind face, the sort you feel you can tell anything to. A bit stooped, as though broken by some great weight, and aged beyond his years, there is an authenticity and honesty to him that is difficult to find in this world, though because of sheer ignorance, stupidity, or genuine faith and respect for humanity is difficult to determine. Whatever the reason, it causes him to look at everyone with the wonder of a child, and makes his below average looks seem irrelevant.
Height and Weight: He is a tall but stooped man, made even taller by his ceremonial hat. Due to laws against touching the High Holiness, his height is undetermined.
Religion: Lutharism
Culture: Galeacian
Biography: Raised in circles that value the Church and its teachings, from a young age George grew to love religion and professed his belief in and desire to join the Church. Determined to start as every other man must, as a priest, he did not realise the machinations of his mother and position of his birth made him ascend the ranks of the Church, becoming a High Priest by the age of 25. A year later the great separation happened, and changed the course of the Church. In the chaos and riots of the fractured empire the old Pope, already with one foot in the grave, died. An emergency council of High Priests were called, and by divine providence those that were able to arrive in time were just and loyal to their faith, unlike many in the Church’s ranks. It was thought a younger Pope would be beneficial to see the Church through these turbulent times and beyond, and George was soon elected. Throughout the years he has strived to be a Pope of the people, to bring peace and faith in his God to their lives. He loves his mother dearly, and though he knows the spirit of faith does not live in her, he also knows that she is his mother for a reason, and her divine place had been earned before she was even born. He prays often for her, but still feels a bit of fear in her presence, no matter how much he seeks the Lord of All to steel him against the earthly influence she wields. As for the former king, George was his closest confidant, moreso in the later years when the king knew death was near. For years George has heard of the Entrusil Empire and their heathenous ways, how they are daemon scum that must be fought at every turn. He does not share in this hate, but prays for their souls nonetheless, confident that they will find redemption after death. With the death of the King, George does worry. As sort as his mother is, he is an old man now and can no longer make long trips across the kingdom to visit Cathedrals, and fears the Church may be threatened, especially with the new young king in charge. He fears for the new king and his darkening heart, but knows that the Lord will lead the child to the best way. After all, who is he to tell this child how to grieve? He knows war may come, and fears the day he might have to call a Holy War on the Entrusil Empire, but trusts that the divine power will show him the way to best serve his flock.
Notable Relationships: Morgana Popaal
Professional Skills: A true believer and quite intelligent, though his docility makes many think him to be dull. He is learned in the languages of both Galeacia and the various Entrusil dialects, given he was born in the Entrusil half of the old Empire.
Personality: Kind and docile, he does have more depth and intelligence than most credit him with. He uses his power well, but fears the teachings of the false Pope, and does his best to fight the urgings of many in the Church to go to war in his own gentle manner. As of late he has adopted a few minor eccentricities in his old age, making most of the Court sure he is going batty, though among the many truly faithful he is respected and is still an influential figure, even to those who seek to find fault with him.
Last edited by Auphelia on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SC #307

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:42 pm

I'm still figuring out how much time I'll have to juggle between RPs in the coming weeks, but I couldn't resist putting together a quick app. At the moment it's basically a repost of a character form another RP though. I wanted to ask, I'm unsure whether to leave the character as is, or to change her to be from outside the Kingdom, either the Isles or from the Emirate, but have been placed in the care of the Spymaster. Any thoughts?

Player Character:
Title: (optional)
Full Name: Phoebe Mathilde Rouselle
Appearance:

With her striking red hair immediately identifying her as being a daughter of one of the Northern Houses, Phoebe has an image befitting that of a youthful noble maiden. Her physical endeavors have given her a lithe, energetic figure that reflects her usually playful personality although her well-toned muscles are normally hidden beneath the dresses of nobility. While her outings and love for hunting have gained her a few minor scars over the years, the blemishes are relatively minor. She is careful to maintain her outward appearance, both because as much is expected of one of her station, and since she knows all too well the power that comes from being underestimated by one's opponent. To play the delicate courtier is a strategy that can pay dividends.

Height and Weight:5ft 5” and 160 lbs
Religion: Luaricism
Culture: Galeic (Entrusilian)

Biography:
Born as the fifth daughter of the Entrusilian Duke of Tendaal, Phoebe was never going to rise far above the position of her birth. Her Galaecian mother died not long after her birth, leaving her father heartbroken until he poured his love for his wife into raising what remained of their family. Being so far down in the line of succession with the double misfortune of being born daughter and a late-born, her place in the endless manoeuvrings of nobility would have been as little more than a diplomatic tool had her father not insisted otherwise. The Duke went to great lengths to ensure that his only daughter was to be spared no expense and he sought after the best teachers of the land to train her in the proper etiquette and mannerisms of her station. He was determined to honour the memory of his departed wife by ensuring that Phoebe would grow up to be a fine maiden who would make them proud. But, the realities of growing up alongside four older brothers quickly presented themselves.

The young girl rapidly earned herself a mischievous streak as she repeatedly snuck out from the family manor to explore the surrounding woods, oblivious to any dangers that she may have faced in doing so. Her teachers struggled to coerce her into dresses and gowns for her lessons while complaining to her father and aunt that she would show up covered in dirt and grime from her most recent escapade. Rather than scold or forbid the rebellious activity, Phoebe’s father took her personality in his stride and chose to take her on outings and activities with her brothers. She learned falconry and hunting alongside them, as well as horse riding and basic fighting skills. Ignoring the exasperation that this caused some of the other members of his family, the Duke brushed aside their concerns as he treasured the time that he got to spend with his family.

As she grew older, even Phoebe was gradually whipped into shape by her teachers who could eventually corral her into wearing formal gowns. With constant exercise and her mother’s looks, despite her outgoing personality Phoebe was blossoming into a formidable noblewoman in her own right. But the calm and content existence of the Rousselle household was not to last. It was inevitable that the Duke would have garnered enemies over his life, and a series of poor crop yields and foreign raids had left his lands weak just as tensions between Galaecia and the Empire allowed his departed wife’s origins to call his loyalty into question. Conflict was inevitable, and the Duke was painfully aware of his vulnerability. When a supposedly accidental skirmish between a hunting party led by his eldest son and a neighbouring band of knights left the Duke’s heir dead, he knew that he had little choice but to act. Desperate for allies, the Duke sent a message to an old friend from his childhood – the Spymaster of Galecia. Reminding the weathered noble of a debt from long ago, he begged him to take Phoebe in and marry her to a noble family who could come to their aid. But, by the time the carriage with the young noble arrived it was already too late. Word of the Duke’s efforts to establish an alliance with someone in the rival nation had given his enemies the excuse that they needed, and Phoebe was left alone has her family estate was put to the torch. She had only just turned 17.

Pitying the young woman, and still feeling an obligation to his departed friend, the Spymaster took her in. But with tensions at boiling point, no family wanted to take the landless, foreign youth as a bride and so he made Phoebe a courtier in his Duchy and began to train her as his assistant. He was both surprised and impressed by her natural skill with his trade, as well as by the determination with which she tackled her lessons. It wasn’t long before Phoebe had proven herself to be a useful asset for the Spymaster and he couldn’t help but find himself taking a liking to the growing woman – but he never stopped looking to make good on his promise. Eventually he decided that she was being wasted in his local Court and pulled some strings to have her accepted as a courtier in the King’s Court. He hoped that in doing so he could find her a suitor while also gaining a pair of eyes and ears as the cracks in the Kingdom began to appear. Within the Court, the Spymaster was a blunt instrument, but none would suspect the slight figure of the lowly courtier to be an extension of his will. However, such plans were thrown into disarray as the King passed away shortly after Phoebe’s arrival at the capital.

Notable Relationships:
Spymaster – Mentor and Lord
Professional Skills: Swordcraft, archery, horseriding, poison creation, basic first aid and the crafts of a courtier (needlework, cooking, etc).
Strengths: Phoebe is a trained and experienced fighter, especially when it comes to unorthodox methods of combat although the Spymaster made sure that she was also adequately versed in the tactics of battle. She is cunning and wields a sharp intelligence that has served her well in pursuing both her duty and position.

Weaknesses: She is an unlanded member of the nobility and as a woman is unlikely to ever have a landed title for herself. In her home of Entrusilian she would be considered a criminal through association to a traitor and even in Galeacia she has few connections or allies to call upon besides the Spymaster. She also does not have any experience in matters of governance.

Goal: Phoebe is loyal to the Crown's Spymaster and thankful for all the help that he has given her, but her main goal remains to return home and gain vengeance on those who had wronged her family. Privately, she continues to hold out hope that some of her siblings may still be alive and are simply being held as useful hostages. Phoebe also wishes to advance her own standing and to earn influence for herself. She has become increasingly tired of being used as a pawn of others and wants to take control of the reigns of her own destiny for the first time in her life.
Owned Counties: None
County Color: N/A
RP Sample: A World Ablaze

DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Bentus on Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:36 pm

NPC Char
Title: Princess
Full Name: Olivia Arlette de Runate
Appearance: brown hair draped down to her back, light blue eyes, thin, pale skin,
Height and Weight: 5 ft 6 in; 129 lbs
Religion: Lutholic
Culture: Galeic
Biography: Firstborn of King Phillip I, there was praise and disappointment among the nobility. A heir to the throne, but a female one at that. However Phillip finally producing a heir was a major issue among the court, and was the key issue before his reign begun. People looked towards King Charles hoping that the king would produce another heir to replace this bastard who was heir to the throne. However with King Charles ever aging body, many doubted he would produce an heir, leaving you Phillip ever pressured to produce a rightful heir.

With no male heirs, Phillip did the undesirable and raised his daughter grooming her to become his heir, spending 5 years raising her with his undivided attention. That is until, Phillip II came to birth. With his birth, her education dropped, why raise a daughter with the best education when you have a proper male heir? While many left her side, the one person who didn't was her father the prince to the Galeic throne. He would remind her that it was not her brother at fault, but rather the system known as succession. He also promised unlike the courtiers and nobles, he would never leave her side. Even today she remembers this promise well, yet knew even though it was a promise it was not kept.

Raised by her father to learn the ways of the ever scheming court, she has a vast understanding of diplomacy and intrigue. Not professional or anything of the sort, but rather amateur training that allows her to be more observant than her average courtier. Her goal in life is not to make herself queen, but ensure another one of her family members does not die. She lost a father already, she isn't going to lose a brother.
Notable Relationships:
Prince Phillip II (soon to be king)
King Phillip I (deceased)
Professional Skills:
none
Personality:
She is a protective woman, who's willing to protect her and her family with the best skills she has. That being said, she lacks any real proper skills, and tends to use more of her intuition and observation skills to lead to desirable circumstances. She understands that whoever she marries must be loyal to the crown, or the King may be in more danger than now.

NPC Char
Title: High Priest
Full Name: Léon Siemen Courtemanche
Appearance: old, grey hair, white garbs, holy seal laying over the chest, a golden staff, a grey beard,
Height and Weight: 6 ft 1 in; 152 lbs
Religion: Lutholic
Culture: Adnelian
Biography: A old man who was raised in the Kingdom of Fenbardy. Much of his life he revered the church, and fell in love with the teachings of Luaric, however that was not his only interest. After aging to the peak age of 18 his hunger for knowledge grew, and most books and scriptures was locked behind 1 organization, The Lutholic Church. Leading him to the path of High Priest.

Now he sits in Galeacia a land, he once considered foreign hoping to ensure a just reign for the young prince. However he knows deep down the boys, skepticism towards Luaric and his godliness, but he believes in due time he can sway the boy down the right path and make him a proper Lutholic.
Notable Relationships:
Pope
Holy Mother
Professional Skills: Theology and History
Personality: Natural bookworm and introvert, however he is willing to sacrifice his comfort to teach the lord's ways. It is his desire that the Galeic Kingdom does not follow the sway of the impious Entrusil Emperor, who has fall under the sway of debauchery.

Added 2 more NPC's, will add more sometime tommorow.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:45 pm

Auphelia wrote:
NPC Char
Title: His High Holiness, Exalted One of the Highest Realm, Bringer of Peace and Prosperity, Shepherd of Heaven and Earth, Divine Light, etc.
Full Name:. George Uritz Papaar
Appearance: A man with a kind face, the sort you feel you can tell anything to. A bit stooped, as though broken by some great weight, and aged beyond his years, there is an authenticity and honesty to him that is difficult to find in this world, though because of sheer ignorance, stupidity, or genuine faith and respect for humanity is difficult to determine. Whatever the reason, it causes him to look at everyone with the wonder of a child, and makes his below average looks seem irrelevant.
Height and Weight: He is a tall but stooped man, made even taller by his ceremonial hat. Due to laws against touching the High Holiness, his height is undetermined.
Religion: Lutharism
Culture: Galeacian
Biography: Raised in circles that value the Church and its teachings, from a young age George grew to love religion and professed his belief in and desire to join the Church. Determined to start as every other man must, as a priest, he did not realise the machinations of his mother and position of his birth made him ascend the ranks of the Church, becoming a High Priest by the age of 25. A year later the great separation happened, and changed the course of the Church. In the chaos and riots of the fractured empire the old Pope, already with one foot in the grave, died. An emergency council of High Priests were called, and by divine providence those that were able to arrive in time were just and loyal to their faith, unlike many in the Church’s ranks. It was thought a younger Pope would be beneficial to see the Church through these turbulent times and beyond, and George was soon elected. Throughout the years he has strived to be a Pope of the people, to bring peace and faith in his God to their lives. He loves his mother dearly, and though he knows the spirit of faith does not live in her, he also knows that she is his mother for a reason, and her divine place had been earned before she was even born. He prays often for her, but still feels a bit of fear in her presence, no matter how much he seeks the Lord of All to steel him against the earthly influence she wields. As for the former king, George was his closest confidant, moreso in the later years when the king knew death was near. For years George has heard of the Entrusil Empire and their heathenous ways, how they are daemon scum that must be fought at every turn. He does not share in this hate, but prays for their souls nonetheless, confident that they will find redemption after death. With the death of the King, George does worry. As sort as his mother is, he is an old man now and can no longer make long trips across the kingdom to visit Cathedrals, and fears the Church may be threatened, especially with the new young king in charge. He fears for the new king and his darkening heart, but knows that the Lord will lead the child to the best way. After all, who is he to tell this child how to grieve? He knows war may come, and fears the day he might have to call a Holy War on the Entrusil Empire, but trusts that the divine power will show him the way to best serve his flock.
Notable Relationships: Morgana Popaal
Professional Skills: A true believer and quite intelligent, though his docility makes many think him to be dull. He is learned in the languages of both Galeacia and the various Entrusil dialects, given he was born in the Entrusil half of the old Empire.
Personality: Kind and docile, he does have more depth and intelligence than most credit him with. He uses his power well, but fears the teachings of the false Pope, and does his best to fight the urgings of many in the Church to go to war in his own gentle manner. As of late he has adopted a few minor eccentricities in his old age, making most of the Court sure he is going batty, though among the many truly faithful he is respected and is still an influential figure, even to those who seek to find fault with him.

Accepted. Wish the Pope luck in these troubled times.
Bentus wrote:I'm still figuring out how much time I'll have to juggle between RPs in the coming weeks, but I couldn't resist putting together a quick app. At the moment it's basically a repost of a character form another RP though. I wanted to ask, I'm unsure whether to leave the character as is, or to change her to be from outside the Kingdom, either the Isles or from the Emirate, but have been placed in the care of the Spymaster. Any thoughts?

Player Character:
Title: (optional)
Full Name: Phoebe Razia Rhodes
Appearance:

With her striking red hair immediately identifying her as being a daughter of one of the Northern Houses, Phoebe has an image befitting that of a youthful noble maiden. Her physical endeavors have given her a lithe, energetic figure that reflects her usually playful personality although her well-toned muscles are normally hidden beneath the dresses of nobility. While her outings and love for hunting have gained her a few minor scars over the years, the blemishes are relatively minor. She is careful to maintain her outward appearance, both because as much is expected of one of her station, and since she knows all too well the power that comes from being underestimated by one's opponent. To play the delicate courtier is a strategy that can pay dividends in her line of duty to the Kingdom.

Height and Weight:5ft 5” and 160 lbs
Religion:Luaricism (ostensibly)
Culture: Nors-Galeic
Biography:
Born as the fifth daughter to the Earl of Tendaal, Phoebe was never going to rise far above the position of her birth. Being so far down in the line of succession with double misfortune of being a daughter and a late-born, she was brought up with the expectation of being used as a minor diplomatic tool in the endless manoeuvrings of nobility. As a result, she was left largely to her own devices while her parents focused their attention on her brothers and older kin. As long as she didn’t cause any unwanted waves, she was granted the freedom to wanter her parents’ lands, exploring and accompanying her brothers on their hunts rather than remain cooped up as a noblewoman should. It was considered a harmless exercise by her parents, and they saw little need to reign in her escapades.

However, on her tenth birthday the young Phoebe earned the attention of the King’s Spymaster as he visited the family estate. The Rhodes had pulled out all the stops for their esteemed guest, insisting on the finest feast and comfort that their House could provide, eager as they were to gain the favour of the influential King. When he approached them at the end of his stay, expressing his curiosity and intrigue for their youngest daughter, the family wasted no time in offering her as a courtier in his service (a marriage into his house being too much to hope for, of course).

Seeing potential in the young girl, the Spymaster had Phoebe trained in the arts of intrigue and combat as well as the proper mannerisms of a lady of the Court. Playing the long game as one of his station must, he had seen potential in the young girl to act as a tool to extend his will. Within the King’s Court, the Spymaster was a bludgeoning instrument. Only a fool would not know of their station and act without caution around them, making their job of rooting out the traitor all the more difficult. However, none would suspect the slight figure of the lowly courtier to be his eyes, ears and – should the need arise – blade within the Court.

Notable Relationships:
Spymaster – Mentor and Lord
Professional Skills: Swordcraft, archery, poison creation, basic first aid and the crafts of a courtier (needlework, cooking, etc).
Strengths: Phoebe is a trained and experienced fighter, especially when it comes to unorthodox methods of combat although the Spymaster made sure that she was also adequately versed in the tactics of battle. She is cunning and wields a sharp intelligence that has served her well in pursuing both her duty and position.

Weaknesses: She is an unlanded member of the nobility and as a woman is unlikely to ever have a landed title for herself. Her lower ranking in the social strata also limits her future opportunities for personal advancement, although her role as a ward of the Spymaster does give her a certain degree of esteem. She also does not have any experience in matters of governance.

Goal: Fulfil her duty to the Spymaster and the Kingdom by rooting out treason within the Court. Privately, Phoebe also wishes to advance her own standing and to earn influence for herself. She has become increasingly tired of being used as a pawn of others and wants to take control of the reigns of her own destiny for the first time in her life.
Owned Counties: None
County Color: N/A
RP Sample: A World Ablaze

DO NOT REMOVE

Hmmm, Earl implies to me that she originates from the Ager-Frino kingdoms in the Osharian Isles. So perhaps, runaway bride? Assuming you want the "I came from Osharian route". Now, Galeic origins would tie more into your current story, and it all seems fine for me. However I have yet to create the king's spymaster, which may affect your story, although if you desire you can make him yourself, albeit it will take more work on your end. Lastly I would advise maybe a noble woman from the Entrusil Empire moved to Galeacia to secure a marriage, but got sidetracked due to the King passing away. All up to you ultimately.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse