NATION

PASSWORD

Corporate Cosmos [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:The issue with this, however, is that my backstory relies on a China that has followed much the same path as today's (e.g went Communist and then privatized).

Also G-Tech, I edited out some of the more egregious implications. How is my app now?

Then I'll go corporate.

Ralnis wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:The issue with this, however, is that my backstory relies on a China that has followed much the same path as today's (e.g went Communist and then privatized).

Also G-Tech, I edited out some of the more egregious implications. How is my app now?

Compromise? Could always go up north to Russia if not.

I could see Russia happening. Perhaps if the Crimean War resulted in a premature communist revolution? The pressures of industrialization could plausibly have resulted in the collapse of the proto-USSR, leaving the north free to unify into the Khanate during WWI. WWI itself would also be very different, with Germany either winning or the U.S forcing a stalemate. The Khanate would then take the place of the actual USSR during WWII and would presumably have participated in the nuclear war that destroyed Earth. I can't think of any way the Khanate could rise during the world war period; either it comes from the ashes of a nuclear holocaust or it's the last remnants of the Cossack nobility or something taking advantage of the frozen status quo in Europe during the late 1800's.

You deleted your message before I could respond >:(
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Corporation Application
Name: Astro Reach Co.
Operating Base: Houston, Texas, USA
Leader Name: George Jenner
Brief History: Astro Reach Co. started it's history on 2090. It was a startup started by then 25 years old George Jenner, a business genius, who, since childhood, has a dream of going to the stars. However, rather than becoming an astronaut, he decided to follow the path of Ellon Musk and SpaceX, due to his aptitude with business, despite all the rivalries he will face from other space companies, including SpaceX, starting Astro Reach with large fundings from interested investors and loans from banks. Astro Reach soon started to offer space tourism for people, launching people to space with a launchpad he rented from the Johnson Space Center, and a reuseable rocket he bought. Astro Reach grew quickly, thanks to George Jenner's business genius, and soon, by 2120, Astro Reach is a minor corporation, which offered to send people to space for tourism or business. It even has it's own research and production facility, and is now trying to utilize the Jumpdrive as an opportunity to advance the corporation significantly.
Corporation Expertise: Space travel
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 pm

La tag

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:30 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Ralnis wrote:Then I'll go corporate.

Ralnis wrote:Compromise? Could always go up north to Russia if not.

I could see Russia happening. Perhaps if the Crimean War resulted in a premature communist revolution? The pressures of industrialization could plausibly have resulted in the collapse of the proto-USSR, leaving the north free to unify into the Khanate during WWI. WWI itself would also be very different, with Germany either winning or the U.S forcing a stalemate. The Khanate would then take the place of the actual USSR during WWII and would presumably have participated in the nuclear war that destroyed Earth. I can't think of any way the Khanate could rise during the world war period; either it comes from the ashes of a nuclear holocaust or it's the last remnants of the Cossack nobility or something taking advantage of the frozen status quo in Europe during the late 1800's.

You deleted your message before I could respond >:(

Sorry, was actually going to go with the idea of being corporate but the idea of Cossack coming back after the nuclear holocaust, coming over and smash any sort of Russian successor states rebuilding infrastructure and introducing a mixture of Cossack and Russian ideas, eventually making a power and via nobility and a corporation that focuses on Cossack culture and spreading technology for the glory of the Cossack.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Alright, I got a idea in mind, the Greater Russian Union.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:33 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Alright, I got a idea in mind, the Greater Russian Union.

Just when I was talking about a Cossack state...
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Ralnis wrote:When I mean "shared" I mean "be made available for" so that was my bad on the wording.

So the state will take the innovations and then sell them to other corporations?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:When I mean "shared" I mean "be made available for" so that was my bad on the wording.

So the state will take the innovations and then sell them to other corporations?

To those who are loyal to the Khan, but I now have a new idea with a minor corp and power in mind.
Last edited by Ralnis on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Question, can my state (the Greater Russian Union) alright have nationalize vital industries and sectors, in order to strengthen control the state’s control and power?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:51 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Question, can my state (the Greater Russian Union) alright have nationalize vital industries and sectors, in order to strengthen control the state’s control and power?

Sure. You mean, any corporations in your territory will be subservient to the state?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Question, can my state (the Greater Russian Union) alright have nationalize vital industries and sectors, in order to strengthen control the state’s control and power?

Sure. You mean, any corporations in your territory will be subservient to the state?

If there are any corporations in your territory to begin with.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:53 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

If there are any corporations in your territory to begin with.

That’s the joke :P

The Empire of Tau
Minister

Postby The Empire of Tau » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Everything is under state-control, either as state-owned companies, or directly taken over by the gov. The State Watches All, disobey, or you shall be never be heard of again.
Last edited by The Empire of Tau on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:57 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Everything is under state-control, either as state-owned companies, or directly taken over by the gov.

Sure, you could set that as a Corporate Policy.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:59 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:If there are any corporations in your territory to begin with.

That’s the joke :P

How's my app v.2.0 btw?
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:02 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:(Major) Corporation Application
Name:Yama Group
Operating Base: I think I'll wait till we get a map
Leader Name: Xueyun Jian. Dr. Jian has recently taken over the company after her father's death. Yama Group's recent initiative is the 48-year-old's brainchild, and her appearance is a testament to its potential.
Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with significant stakes in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, assuming you hadn't been desensitized by the endless ridicule of their kind in the media and written it off as yet another crackpot Illuminati scheme, you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, hopefully anonymously, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillion(some large number) investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that lunatic conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.
Corporation Expertise: The human body. Whether it's pharmaceuticals, gene therapy, or even select cybernetics, Yama Group's first true specialization promises to ensure its survival for as long as the human race exists.

Cool, j’accept.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:05 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Dangit, you largely did my idea and I would say you made it better in quite a few areas. :P

Aww... :oops:

Eh, just need to set up something of an opposing group, or one that uses a different schtick. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:06 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Everything is under state-control, either as state-owned companies, or directly taken over by the gov. The State Watches All, disobey, or you shall be never be heard of again.

And my state will be more pro-corporate, mostly because the nobility are corporate princes in their own right.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Ralnis wrote:
The Empire of Tau wrote:Everything is under state-control, either as state-owned companies, or directly taken over by the gov. The State Watches All, disobey, or you shall be never be heard of again.

And my state will be more pro-corporate, mostly because the nobility are corporate princes in their own right.

Pro-corporate is good. I like pro-corporate.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Ralnis wrote:And my state will be more pro-corporate, mostly because the nobility are corporate princes in their own right.

Pro-corporate is good. I like pro-corporate.

Southern Africa is pro-corporate, just not so pro-corporate that it will let corporations overrun the state or kill each other in its sovereign territory :P

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:10 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:Pro-corporate is good. I like pro-corporate.

Southern Africa is pro-corporate, just not so pro-corporate that it will let corporations overrun the state or kill each other in its sovereign territory :P

>33% tax on generating capital
>pro-corporate

doubt.png

EDIT: Wait, you just changed a bunch of stuff. Who's Kanly? How many turns is 10 months? HOW MANY GRANTS IS OCCASIONAL GRANTS?
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

>pro-corporate

doubt.png

Ah, but only on one type of generating capital. The most lucrative. Gotta fund those subsidies somehow. It’s basically a VAT, not income/earnings tax.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:12 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Corporation Application
Brief History: Astro Reach Co. started it's history on 2090. It was a startup started by then 25 years old George Jenner, a business genius, who, since childhood, has a dream of going to the stars. However, rather than becoming an astronaut, he decided to follow the path of Ellon Musk and SpaceX, due to his aptitude with business, despite all the rivalries he will face from other space companies, including SpaceX, starting Astro Reach with large fundings from interested investors and loans from banks. Astro Reach soon started to offer space tourism for people, launching people to space with a launchpad he rented from the Johnson Space Center, and a reuseable rocket he bought. Astro Reach grew quickly, thanks to George Jenner's business genius, and soon, by 2120, Astro Reach is a minor corporation, which offered to send people to space for tourism or business. It even has it's own research and production facility, and is now trying to utilize the Jumpdrive as an opportunity to advance the corporation significantly.

How about my app, G-Tech?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:14 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:

A minor corporation, eh? What's that saying about small fish in a big pond? I don't know, but I do know you need a sponsor to prop you up.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:16 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

>pro-corporate

doubt.png

EDIT: Wait, you just changed a bunch of stuff. Who's Kanly? How many turns is 10 months? HOW MANY GRANTS IS OCCASIONAL GRANTS?

Kanly is “vendetta”, in SMAC terms. Consensual combat with innocents out of the way. 10 months is 10 Major Advacements. Occasional Grants are whenever the government has cash and the economy needs stimulating :P

The Federation of Kendor wrote:

My only note would be that Houston, Texas, and the USA are unlikely to exist after a nuclear war. But I don’t mind putting you there as an independent Corp.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse