NATION

PASSWORD

Corporate Cosmos [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:39 pm

You know, I quite like this style of ruleset. Less of an imperative to sacrifice fluff for a crunch advantage.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:44 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:You know, I quite like this style of ruleset. Less of an imperative to sacrifice fluff for a crunch advantage.

Exactly. She’s a hybrid. You can get minor advantages from being an active writer, yeah, but the big things are deliberately spaced out.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:50 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:You know, I quite like this style of ruleset. Less of an imperative to sacrifice fluff for a crunch advantage.

Exactly. She’s a hybrid. You can get minor advantages from being an active writer, yeah, but the big things are deliberately spaced out.

I realize there's no map, but once that shows up I assume we'll get a bit of clarification on how resources, brigades, and other things are moved around?

Also, is it possible to trade resources arbitrarily, or is there supposed to be an advancement for that kind of thing?
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:55 pm

Tentatively tenuous tag.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:56 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

I realize there's no map, but once that shows up I assume we'll get a bit of clarification on how resources, brigades, and other things are moved around?

Also, is it possible to trade resources arbitrarily, or is there supposed to be an advancement for that kind of thing?

Resources can only be directly transferred via Advancements, yes. So you’ll need to, say, set up an arms company before you can sell Advanced Arms to willing customers.

As for moving them around, I intend to work on a region-by-region basis.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:18 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:I realize there's no map, but once that shows up I assume we'll get a bit of clarification on how resources, brigades, and other things are moved around?

Resources can only be directly transferred via Advancements, yes. So you’ll need to, say, set up an arms company before you can sell Advanced Arms to willing customers.

That makes sense. Things like Capital ought to be more easily transferred, though.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:39 pm

(Major) Corporation Application
Name:Yama Group
Operating Base: I think I'll wait till we get a map
Leader Name: Xueyun Jian. Dr. Jian has recently taken over the company after her father's death. Yama Group's recent initiative is the 48-year-old's brainchild, and her appearance is a testament to its potential.
Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with significant stakes in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, assuming you hadn't been desensitized by the endless ridicule of their kind in the media and written it off as yet another crackpot Illuminati scheme, you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, hopefully anonymously, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillion(some large number) investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that lunatic conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.
Corporation Expertise: The human body. Whether it's pharmaceuticals, gene therapy, or even select cybernetics, Yama Group's first true specialization promises to ensure its survival for as long as the human race exists.
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:50 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

That makes sense. Things like Capital ought to be more easily transferred, though.

Hmm. I’ll think about it, allowing corporations to invest in each other perhaps. But if you want to have a way to transfer cash or Industry, you could always just Innovate.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:52 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:(Major) Corporation Application
Leader Name: Xueyun Jian. Dr. Jian has recently taken over the company after her father's death. Yama Group's recent initiative is the 48-year-old's brainchild, and her appearance is a testament to its potential.
Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with commanding market shares in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, if your device hadn't already been flagged by the Yama's watchdog programs and your connection dropped due to "technical issues", you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, presumably from the rare public terminal free of a Yama Group subsidiary's parts, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillion investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.
Corporation Expertise: The human body. Whether it's pharmaceuticals, gene therapy, or even select cybernetics, Yama Group's first true specialization promises to ensure its survival for as long as the human race exists.[/color]

Interesting backstory. I will note that, due to nuclear war, technology isn’t significantly more advanced than the present day, with the exception of the Jumpdrive. Also, the Megacorps are corporations of note, certainly, with the capacity to topple governments, but unlikely to, say, control all the search devices in the world. After all, these are companies that still exist in uneasy balance with the world’s governments, not yet (or necessarily ever) having superseded them.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with commanding market shares in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, if your device hadn't already been flagged by the Yama's watchdog programs and your connection dropped due to "technical issues", you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, presumably from the rare public terminal free of a Yama Group subsidiary's parts, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillion investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.
Corporation Expertise: The human body. Whether it's pharmaceuticals, gene therapy, or even select cybernetics, Yama Group's first true specialization promises to ensure its survival for as long as the human race exists.[/color]

Interesting backstory. I will note that, due to nuclear war, technology isn’t significantly more advanced than the present day, with the exception of the Jumpdrive. Also, the Megacorps are corporations of note, certainly, with the capacity to topple governments, but unlikely to, say, control all the search devices in the world. After all, these are companies that still exist in uneasy balance with the world’s governments, not yet (or necessarily ever) having superseded them.

When you think about it, though, it isn't too implausible. In modern day, a merger of, say, Tencent with a major US carrier and someone in the EU would hit like 70% of the developed world's population. Plus, recent developments with Facebook clearly prove data manipulation is not that difficult to do.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:04 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

When you think about it, though, it isn't too implausible. In modern day, a merger of, say, Tencent with a major US carrier and someone in the EU would hit like 70% of the developed world's population. Plus, recent developments with Facebook clearly prove data manipulation is not that difficult to do.

Certainly- but I think we’ll see in the coming years, and already have seen in part, natiomal governments moving to limit corporate excesses.

Anyway, I’m just clarifying the setting for you. There’s nothing preventing you from working to make that a reality, but a company with genetic engineering, $40 trillion, and a virtual monopoly on information transfer, probably doesn’t exist in this post-apocalyptic world. Yet.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:13 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:When you think about it, though, it isn't too implausible. In modern day, a merger of, say, Tencent with a major US carrier and someone in the EU would hit like 70% of the developed world's population. Plus, recent developments with Facebook clearly prove data manipulation is not that difficult to do.

Certainly- but I think we’ll see in the coming years, and already have seen in part, natiomal governments moving to limit corporate excesses.

Anyway, I’m just clarifying the setting for you. There’s nothing preventing you from working to make that a reality, but a company with genetic engineering, $40 trillion, and a virtual monopoly on information transfer, probably doesn’t exist in this post-apocalyptic world. Yet.

Hey, $40 trillion is a random number I threw out there. I have no idea what kind of assets large companies have and I figured inflation would do a number on the money supply by 2125.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:15 pm

So is the Yama Group a major corp?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with commanding market shares in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, if your device hadn't already been flagged by the Yama's watchdog programs and your connection dropped due to "technical issues", you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, presumably from the rare public terminal free of a Yama Group subsidiary's parts, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillionsome large number investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.

Dangit, you largely did my idea and I would say you made it better in quite a few areas. :P

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Need help on the corporate policies G if you be so kind.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:02 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:
Brief History: Ever since its inception, the Yama Group has been a schizophrenic mishmash of subsidiaries with no clear focus. Rumors posit that its owning family, which has held the company for generations, first acquired its wealth through corruption at the highest levels of the Chinese Communist Party. Proponents of this theory point to the ease in which they were able to snatch up state owned enterprises during China's great wave of privatization. If you were to listen to one (though you had better do it carefully) you would probably receive a long and sordid story of ruthless financial exploitation, criminal networks spanning entire continents, base corruption, corporate domination, and other such things that would eventually end with a bona-fide shadow government with commanding market shares in telecoms, medicine, home computers, appliances - anything related to a person's daily life, you name it and the Yama Group had a subsidiary or three in the business. At that point, if your device hadn't already been flagged by the Yama's watchdog programs and your connection dropped due to "technical issues", you might realize that the company had, in fact, inserted itself into almost every aspect of daily life. If you were to conduct some further research on your own, presumably from the rare public terminal free of a Yama Group subsidiary's parts, you might realize that their latest initiative is much more sinister than you first assumed. And then you might start preaching to your friends and acquaintances too, because who wouldn't after reading about the recent acquisition of Weyland-Yutani Cybernetics and Higan Pharmaceutical's unprecedented $40 trillionsome large number investment in genetic research? Because the truth is, and deep down you know it, that conspiracy theorist was right. The Yama Group is pouring all of its resources into this initiative, because while empires fall and technology changes, the facts of life and death will remain forever constant.

Dangit, you largely did my idea and I would say you made it better in quite a few areas. :P

Aww... :oops:
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Ralnis wrote:Need help on the corporate policies G if you be so kind.

Hm? Just make them up as you wish.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:37 pm

Interesting. However, I will unfortunately have a final test on May 7, which will finish on May 17. So, can I make an app and have you reserve it until I finish the final test?
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Interesting. However, I will unfortunately have a final test on May 7, which will finish on May 17. So, can I make an app and have you reserve it until I finish the final test?

Sure, though I would prefer if, if you can’t participate for a bit, you app for a Minor Corp.

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:45 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:Interesting. However, I will unfortunately have a final test on May 7, which will finish on May 17. So, can I make an app and have you reserve it until I finish the final test?

Sure, though I would prefer if, if you can’t participate for a bit, you app for a Minor Corp.

How about a small Nationstate? If you don't prefer it, I will follow your advice
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Power Application
Name: Khan Dynasty
Territorial Holdings:Mongolia, Inner Mongolia, Manchuria, Xingjiang, Gansu
Leader Name: Sanju-Exnu Khan
Brief History: After the collapse of China during the post-Gilded Age, Mongolia had risen up underneath a ruling Khan by the name of Sanji-Exnu Khan. A distant ancestor of the Great Khan. He forged an empire from a horde of nomadic raiders and reenacted the conquest of China before being stopped at Beijing and formed a truce. Now he is looking for corporations to help him rise up his lands, conquer China, and colonize for the glory of the Mongols!
Corporate Policies:
Tax Heaven: The Khan does not demand any taxation from the corporations, they are free to use their capital
Part-Time Warriors:The Khan will allow for mercenaries to be bought from the Khan's own military at the rate of 4 capital
Share Your Designs: All Innovations must be shared to Dynasty
The Boon of the Khan: Corps are given grants to science and industry to help the Dynasty and the economy
The Weapons Tribute: The Khan demands advance arms as for one that are ever made, no negations are made on this order.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:52 pm

The Federation of Kendor wrote:

How about a small Nationstate? If you don't prefer it, I will follow your advice

Mm, well, Powers are designed to be balanced against each other, so I probably won’t be working with smaller or larger varieties.

Ralnis wrote:Power Application
Brief History: After the collapse of China during the post-Gilded Age, Mongolia had risen up underneath a ruling Khan by the name of Sanji-Exnu Khan. A distant ancestor of the Great Khan. He forged an empire from a horde of nomadic raiders and reenacted the conquest of China before being stopped at Beijing and formed a truce. Now he is looking for corporations to help him rise up his lands, conquer China, and colonize for the glory of the Mongols!
Corporate Policies:
Tax Heaven: The Khan does not demand any taxation from the corporations, they are free to use their capital
Part-Time Warriors:The Khan will allow for mercenaries to be bought from the Khan's own military at the rate of 4 capital
The Boon of the Khan: Corps are given grants to science and industry to help the Dynasty and the economy
The Weapons Tribute: The Khan demands advance arms as for one that are ever made, no negations are made on this order.

For the record, Power and Corporation Advancements aren’t interchangeable. But you could certainly levy Innovation as a resource.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:57 pm

When I mean "shared" I mean "be made available for" so that was my bad on the wording.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:58 pm

Corporate Policies:

The issue with this, however, is that my backstory relies on a China that has followed much the same path as today's (e.g went Communist and then privatized).

Also G-Tech, I edited out some of the more egregious implications. How is my app now?
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:11 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
Corporate Policies:

The issue with this, however, is that my backstory relies on a China that has followed much the same path as today's (e.g went Communist and then privatized).

Also G-Tech, I edited out some of the more egregious implications. How is my app now?

Then I'll go corporate.
Last edited by Ralnis on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse