NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of Petwora: A New Dawn {OOC|DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:40 am

Initially those were two apps but then I decided to merge them into one character.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:04 am

Character App
Name: Clair de Lune
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: Clair-Marie was born in New York to Julien de Lune, a Wall Street banker, and Geraldine "Jerri" de Lune, a magazine editor and French language tutor. Her mother is French and her father is French-American, and Clair was named after the moon (clair de lune means "moonlight" in French). Her childhood was fairly uneventful, except for the fact that her mother was a self-proclaimed witch and her father's side of the family had magical ancestry. Oh, and they also split their time between Manhattan and Paris, so Clair has something of a French accent, which gets heavier when she's emotional. Clair styles herself as a witch, and she is quite proud of the title. She wishes that she could learn all of the magical arts, and she's never really stopped trying even though she knew it was next to impossible, as all humans at least in this age were restricted to one.

She went to school, got pretty good grades especially in chemistry and literature, had extracurricular activities, and went home, hung out with friends. Like any other normal teenager would do, with the exception of practicing her magic. Clair also dated, like typical girls her age. She had a boyfriend for a very long while, and at a party one thing led to another which had unintended consequences and led to her having her son, Valdemar Julien, mid last year. She and Dem's father are no longer together, but he is very active in the child's life and he and Clair are on friendly terms. Which of course she is grateful for, especially since she was sent to Petwora when her powers started to grow even stronger. She is happy to find a place to train and improve her magic, also to meet other people like her, but she misses her son very much during the day. Which is why she's often on the phone or Skype when not in class, and goes home every chance she gets on break. She worries about him often when she's not around, which sometimes affects her classes and her concentration although she keeps her grades decently high.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Illusion arts.
Magic Specifics: She often uses mirrors as the focus of her powers, as they reflect things she has a tendency to project her illusions onto mirrors or any other reflective surfaces. She has the ability to change surroundings (area restricted to a room) and conjure very realistic illusions...and the limited ability to even alter dreams and nightmares. Since illusion is all in the mind, Clair has to be absolutely focused and concentrated when using her powers and has difficulty using them when she's not.
Other Abilities: As she was in both gymnastics and ballet class, Clair is very flexible and agile and this often helps if she needs to fight somebody or dodge an attack. She's fluent in French, English and Latin, the language of magic.
Weapon(s): Magic ring, it helps amplify her powers when she uses it.

RP Sample: (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
Did you read the Rules?

Optional Stuff:
Personality:

Alignment:
Theme Song:
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:26 am

Character App
Name: Thomas "Tom" Montoya
Race: Werewolf
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Bio: Thomas was the youngest of two other siblings, born and raised in Texas on a small farm. Growing up, though, Tom was a thin and sickly kid, unable to perform the many labour intensive duties on the farm. For most of his time, he did house chores and light labour intensive tasks, despising it as he grew. By age 9, fed up with being stuck in the house and being constantly bored, Tom began to instead work with his family on the fields despite their protests. Though gruelling and tiring on his body, it would eventually came to strengthen him as the years went by, even taking up hiking as a hobby.

Tom was 12 years old when he was bitten, pounced upon at dusk while walking home from a trail by what he saw as a strange wolf. Getting bitten on his right arm, Tom barley escaped as he ran home to tell his parents he had been attacked. When he got home, Tom had told them of his strange encounter. Not even a day later, Tom developed a terrible fever that required his parents to take him to the hospital. He was released a few days later though as the symptoms disappeared and his wound bandaged.

Though Tom would have put this freak event behind him, strange and terrible things had begun to happen to him over the next few weeks. At first he tried to ignore it, pretending everything was fine to himself and his family. But when his eyes had begun to turn yellow, Tom knew he couldn't pretend everything was alright. Faced with few options, Tom opted to tell his mother, knowing well he was going to sound insane.

Over the next five years, the world of the supernatural was opened to him. His mother, a former agent of I.M.O.S.A, helped him as best as she could to cope with being a were. But while doing so, she also prepared Tom for Petwora, knowing well she could only do so much. And eventually, when the opportunity was given, and Tom was off to Canada.

Appearance:
Stands at 5ft 9'. Has a light brownish tan and light yellow eyes. He does his best to hide his eyes with shaded glasses in public. Has a scar on right arm that resemble a bite mark.

ImageFur is a brownish gray instead of black. Stands at 6ft 8' when in this form. Eyes will seem to glow yellow.

Magic Art(s): None
Magic Specifics: N/A
Other Abilities: Being a werewolf, Thomas has enhanced senses (hearing, smell, vision), agility, strength and stamina in his human form, though this is weakened until the sun sets. In his were form, he has what you would expect of a were (claws, teeth, fur etc.) plus the above signifanctly enhanced, which he can turn into only at night. But regardless of being a were, Thomas is remarkable shot with his rifle and a good tracker. While not decent at hand to hand, Thomas can use his supernatural strength to give him an edge in close combat along with his knife.
Weapon(s): Though outdated, Thomas carries around an old Springfield rifle that was enchanted, via an old hammer, to be able to hurt monsters and demonic beings. Was given to him by his mother. If a situation gets close and personal, Thomas has a handy dandy Hunting knife to help him in close quarters.

RP Sample: Feels weird not putting one here...
Did you read the Rules? Aye

Optional Stuff:

Personality: You'll see...
Likes: Meeting new people, hiking, reading, shooting, and sleeping.
Dislikes: Crowded places, dogs, people interrupting his sleep, unexpected loud noises, full moon.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme Song: Triggernometry
Last edited by Vulnier on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:10 am

Nuridia wrote:Having trouble coming up with Val's biography.

What sort of trouble?

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Character App
Name: Antonia Unheimlich

Accepted

Nuridia wrote:Character App

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:06 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Charlia wrote:Slowly. Screw Latin, I don't want to learn that, thanks school curriculum.

I forget if I have mentioned this before... I'll continue on with the process, though.

Have you gotten to basic nouns or still learning sentences structure and writing and such?
Actually, the lesson plan I'm using has me learning nouns first. I had to find something else to teach me how to work with sentence structure, when I had to translate something fast. It was actually very helpful.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:07 am

Huh.

Now this, this could be interesting.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:08 am

Charlia wrote:
Huh.

I’m glad you think so.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am

Nuridia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Huh.

I’m glad you think so.
Too bad she's on the wrong team. *sigh*

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:10 am

Charlia wrote:
Nuridia wrote:I’m glad you think so.
Too bad she's on the wrong team. *sigh*

Shes bi, actually. If that’s what you mean.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:13 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Having trouble coming up with Val's biography.

What sort of trouble?

General background, and all that. She’s from England, but that’s where I’m stuck.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 am

Nuridia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
What sort of trouble?

General background, and all that. She’s from England, but that’s where I’m stuck.

It doesn't have to be detailed honestly...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 am

Nuridia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Too bad she's on the wrong team. *sigh*

Shes bi, actually. If that’s what you mean.
It isn't. I meant she's literally on the wrong team.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 am

Charlia wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Shes bi, actually. If that’s what you mean.

For real? Oh.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:21 am

Charlia wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Shes bi, actually. If that’s what you mean.

You want her with the other french characters I am assuming...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:26 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:It isn't. I meant she's literally on the wrong team.

Naturally. I mean, you read the bio. *gestures magnanimously* Imagine the possibilities!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:27 am

Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Naturally. I mean, you read the bio. *gestures magnanimously* Imagine the possibilities!

Nur, what's your opinion?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 am

Hey, so no one would be annoyed when I keep Elise's trademark creation arts and homemade prosthetic arm would they? Because I saw Rem's latest character, and I'm worried people might think they're too similar.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:34 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Charlia wrote:Naturally. I mean, you read the bio. *gestures magnanimously* Imagine the possibilities!

Nur, what's your opinion?

I really don’t mind which team I’m on tbh:
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:36 am

And they have other French people le?
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:41 am

Nuridia wrote:And they have other French people le?

The Hardouin siblings.

Granis wrote:Hey, so no one would be annoyed when I keep Elise's trademark creation arts and homemade prosthetic arm would they? Because I saw Rem's latest character, and I'm worried people might think they're too similar.

Just make your character
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:49 am

Giving up on getting Watcher over, new character time.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 am

Character App
Name: Dawn Mirkwood
Age: Physically 15. Really, she's forgotten so she just says "older than you" when asked.
Race: Vampire
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Bio: Dawn was born in London, a human at first. She was very curious of the world around her. At nine, she was exploring Dark alleyways and came across a vampire, and you can figure out the rest. After that her family sent her to the academies, not wanting to deal with a vampire daughter. For her safety, she was told to act human, but she was always the troublemaker and didn't listen. Due to her scheming she was sent to Petwora. She's been here for a year, and is still up to no good.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Vampire
Magic Specifics: Can turn into a bat or mist, can control mist, teleport short distances, can't die by age. Also feeds off of blood, and gets stronger and more powerful when fed recently.
Other Abilities: Has more strength than most, as well as speed. Can die by fire, sunlight, holy items, a stake through the heart, and garlic.
Weapon(s): N/A

RP Sample: See signature
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Always talks rushed, like time is slipping away, but when it comes down to it she is the opposite of punctual. She says "bloody" and "hell" a lot. She can be quite lazy, and is nocturnal for obvious reasons. Although she is brisk and rather rude to strangers, she's quite nice once she gets to know you.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Theme Song: Immortals - Fall Out Boy
Last edited by Dragonarya on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:25 am

Got this bio up, Faal.

Name: Valentine Norcross
Age: Val is physically 14, albeit she looks younger due to her size and style of dressing. And that is not likely to change. When people ask her how long she's been fourteen, she says: "Too damn long."
Race: Vampire
Sexual Orientation: Ace
Bio: Valentine Eleanor Theresa Norcross was born in Birmingham, England to James and Eleanor “Ellie” Norcross. She was the younger or two children, although her older brother was college aged by the time that Val was born. Still, James Norcross Jr. (called JJ) doted on his little sister and the two are fairly close. She was born on St. Valentine’s Day, which is where her first name came from. Val’s father worked for a UK news network as a reporter and her mother had a job as an architect, her childhood was often spent traveling because of this and she can’t even name all the countries she’s been to without her list. Although she enjoyed the adventure, she was sometimes sad as most children would be since she didn’t have a permanent hometown or permanent friends. It was during these travels, in Lithuania, that Val wandered away from her parents one night to do more exploring alone. Long story short, that’s how she was turned into a vampire. Nobody had any idea at first until the strange symptoms started appearing, and she couldn’t go out in sunlight anymore. And that she didn’t age, even when two birthdays passed by. Her parents were at a loss for what to do for her...until they did some research and discovered the Petwora school. They decided that sending her there would be the best option for her, as she could find out more about her new self. Val didn’t want to go at first, but she was told to just think of it as another adventure and that’s how she ended up here.
Appearance: (although her hair and eyes are more of a neon pink)

Magic Art(s): Vampire arts
Magic Specifics: Val has the typical vampiric powers. Super strength, minor compulsion, the ability to turn into a bat and into mist, she has what she calls her "dark form", where she looks more feral and vampiric when she's feeding, supernatural speed, and things like that. She can teleport in mist as well, but in short distances only
Other Abilities: She knows how to use her appearance to her advantage, nobody would convince a little girl of being dangerous. She's also very stealthy and is a master lockpick.
Weapon(s): She has a dagger, but that's about it.

RP Sample: (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Val is cheerful, friendly and happy and won’t hesitate to just walk up to you and introduce yourself, and she’ll very happily chat your ear off. She’s a practical joker and her usual amount of empathy toward strangers can fill half a thimble. However, she’s like poison in a candy coating. She’s pretty sadistic as well especially when hunting victims. Although she has the capacity of many years of wisdom she often treats situations like a game, as she’s not very mature (I guess that’s what happens when you’re eleven years old forever.) This is how people in her life are separated, People that she loves dearly, and people she doesn’t give two shits about. That’s it. And her motto is: “If pink isn’t fixing your problem, you’re not using enough pink.”
Likes: PINK, seriously. Pink is her life. And hearts...and pink hearts. Especially pink hearts. Her room is so pink you might go blind. Oh, and glitter. She also doesn't really mind being a vampire, in fact she actually enjoys it sometimes. Games, and blood. And music. Frilly skirts.
Dislikes: Creeps (bad creepy, not good creepy), sunlight.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1eQLw0Nwto
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:34 am

Granis wrote:Hey, so no one would be annoyed when I keep Elise's trademark creation arts and homemade prosthetic arm would they? Because I saw Rem's latest character, and I'm worried people might think they're too similar.

Just because we have the same gender, a similar kind of arm and use the same magic art doesn't mean that it's the same character.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:36 am

...so, I'm pretty sure I have to ask before I use a certain species, so I have a quick question regarding my next character, as I'm probably only going to make two, maybe three if we need someone to fill in one last spot.
Are harpies fair game? I kinda want to make a harpy. If not, then I will look for something else. Just curious because I kind of wanted to go for something a bit stranger than normal.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse