NATION

PASSWORD

A Strange New Horizon [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:04 am

So am I in or do I need to remove the nobility skill?
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:So am I in or do I need to remove the nobility skill?

Yeah, just pull it out- no other characters begin with skills.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Application
Name: Edward Tomlinson
Allegiance: European
Appearance: pale, thin, blue eyes, brown hair, 5"2 in height.
Backstory: Edward "Ted" Tomlinson was born into this world as a noble. He was raised quite casually often playing with the poorer kids. His families dynasty was but a small minor dynasty that saw little ambition. As Ted's later childhood came he noticed the political issues surrounding the land which he lived in. The king stricken by grief went mad and started executing noblemen who he believed were part of the plot that killed his wife and attempted to kill him. The nobility took heavy casualties including the destruction of many dynasty's. Ted's father Eric Tomlinson started a revolt to dethrone the mad king, and failed tremendously and as punishment for his crimes he was to be executed and his dynasty along with him. However Eric's little to few remaining allies had set up a way for Ted to escape and after explaining to Ted he couldn't help the situation at all, they shipped him to the new world. Now Ted jobless, homeless, and seeking a way to make a living will now use his fencing skills and little belongings he has to survive in this strange new world.
Archetype: Conquistador:
Statistics
Health: 10
Melee: 9
Defense: 5
Range: 5
Morale: 10
Strength: 5
Skill: ***
Inventory:
200 coins
Cutlass
Leather Jerkin
Family locket
Hirelings:None
RP Sample:
Really? You've seen me write G...
#OverTheHorizon

There done
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:49 am

Is there rules on looting?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:53 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is there rules on looting?

Nah, I just RNG the jazz.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:55 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is there rules on looting?

Nah, I just RNG the jazz.

Kay.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:10 am

How should I start I mean a nice small street mission should tie me over until tyistan gets back to Jonestown or Santa Anna town (Spanish port)

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:16 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:How should I start I mean a nice small street mission should tie me over until tyistan gets back to Jonestown or Santa Anna town (Spanish port)

you could get a quicky job to help aboard a ship or buy fare to the mainland? Otherwise you can literally just "look for work" as an action, drop an introductionary post and include that you look around for some work.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 am

Tysklandia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:How should I start I mean a nice small street mission should tie me over until tyistan gets back to Jonestown or Santa Anna town (Spanish port)

you could get a quicky job to help aboard a ship or buy fare to the mainland? Otherwise you can literally just "look for work" as an action, drop an introductionary post and include that you look around for some work.

Yeah, that'd be a nice idea. I think I'll just do the look for work action. Thanks. :)

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

I do have a question before I can get started, do the auto hirelings for the get equipment (Entry says tools, Spears, Bows, and Padded Vests. ) which I'm interpreting as a yes, but leaves me wondering what tools they get.

As it stands I'm torn between a Shaman and a War Chief
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:06 pm

Durmatagno wrote:I do have a question before I can get started, do the auto hirelings for the get equipment (Entry says tools, Spears, Bows, and Padded Vests. ) which I'm interpreting as a yes, but leaves me wondering what tools they get.

Playing tribes? I'd do Shaman, since it seems like a fun choice. Doing magic and all. I'd assume the equipment on hirelings start out with beginner, but to change it you have to pay. However im not 100% sure/

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:I do have a question before I can get started, do the auto hirelings for the get equipment (Entry says tools, Spears, Bows, and Padded Vests. ) which I'm interpreting as a yes, but leaves me wondering what tools they get.

Playing tribes? I'd do Shaman, since it seems like a fun choice. Doing magic and all. I'd assume the equipment on hirelings start out with beginner, but to change it you have to pay. However im not 100% sure/

I agree, we need more magic users, healers especially.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Is it ok that I write my post similar to being like the other RP I have with you? I mean by long ass posts, since its now become a habit to super write.

Also in the future when you make an RP can you TG me? I really like your RPs, besides it's like a garenteed buddy to help you out. :p

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:21 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Playing tribes? I'd do Shaman, since it seems like a fun choice. Doing magic and all. I'd assume the equipment on hirelings start out with beginner, but to change it you have to pay. However im not 100% sure/

I agree, we need more magic users, healers especially.

Shame, that we don't have shamans for europeans, but maybe we can have a priest archetype? Someone who heals and does support rather than pure damage.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is it ok that I write my post similar to being like the other RP I have with you? I mean by long ass posts, since its now become a habit to super write.

Also in the future when you make an RP can you TG me? I really like your RPs, besides it's like a garenteed buddy to help you out. :p

It takes me days to write really, and I still don't know what I'll be doing myself but sure.

I do have an RP that's going into through Alpha Testing and I'm hopefully getting the IC up today. I'll send you a TG.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I agree, we need more magic users, healers especially.

Shame, that we don't have shamans for europeans, but maybe we can have a priest archetype? Someone who heals and does support rather than pure damage.

If the Europeans had magic, even healing would make this more of a cakewalk than it already is with just guns.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:31 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is it ok that I write my post similar to being like the other RP I have with you? I mean by long ass posts, since its now become a habit to super write.

It takes me days to write really, and I still don't know what I'll be doing myself but sure.

I do have an RP that's going into through Alpha Testing and I'm hopefully getting the IC up today. I'll send you a TG.

Thanks. Writing wise, I just wrote alot more than most people due to focusing on flashbacking

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Shame, that we don't have shamans for europeans, but maybe we can have a priest archetype? Someone who heals and does support rather than pure damage.

If the Europeans had magic, even healing would make this more of a cakewalk than it already is with just guns.
Sure, I guess. I was imagining the inaccuracy on guns were more severe. At that time guns tended to be easy to use and effective, sure, but incredibly inaccurate. Initial guns were so bad that they just stood in fields and fired at one another. No cover necessary.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It takes me days to write really, and I still don't know what I'll be doing myself but sure.

Thanks. Writing wise, I just wrote alot more than most people due to focusing on flashbacking

Sure, I guess. I was imagining the inaccuracy on guns were more severe. At that time guns tended to be easy to use and effective, sure, but incredibly inaccurate. Initial guns were so bad that they just stood in fields and fired at one another. No cover necessary.

That can be the case. Instead of using magic that they have medical skills that can heal? More so than the Regular hireling who can do first aid.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Thanks. Writing wise, I just wrote alot more than most people due to focusing on flashbacking

That can be the case. Instead of using magic that they have medical skills that can heal? More so than the Regular hireling who can do first aid.
Yeah, that'd make sense, but magic so sparkly and fun...
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:50 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Ralnis wrote:It takes me days to write really, and I still don't know what I'll be doing myself but sure.

Dudes... I am the only person who has used a gun in game. I have not hit once with my gun. I basically rolled 2 crits on using naval cannons at approaching warships.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:11 pm

Tysklandia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Thanks. Writing wise, I just wrote alot more than most people due to focusing on flashbacking

Dudes... I am the only person who has used a gun in game. I have not hit once with my gun. I basically rolled 2 crits on using naval cannons at approaching warships.

Yeah we know. Just saying things, that's all.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Alrighty guys, so, I'm desperately uninspired when it comes to this RP. Which, as you may imagine, is a bit of a problem given it relies so heavily on me to move individual plots and whatnot forward.

As such, I'm fully willing to turn this over to a Co-Op or two who can continue it as they see fit. I should be able to help with lore and explaining the mechanics and all that, I just don't have the mental energy to write out events for a half dozen characters every day.

Any volunteers? Anyone still interested in continuing?

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:26 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Alrighty guys, so, I'm desperately uninspired when it comes to this RP. Which, as you may imagine, is a bit of a problem given it relies so heavily on me to move individual plots and whatnot forward.

As such, I'm fully willing to turn this over to a Co-Op or two who can continue it as they see fit. I should be able to help with lore and explaining the mechanics and all that, I just don't have the mental energy to write out events for a half dozen characters every day.

Fuck it, I'll take one for the team. With Verore gone, I can't do anything else anyway.
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Alrighty guys, so, I'm desperately uninspired when it comes to this RP. Which, as you may imagine, is a bit of a problem given it relies so heavily on me to move individual plots and whatnot forward.

Well that's disappointing.

Tysklandia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysklandia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:47 am

Well, it was a fun concept. Basically a post by post dnd game, albeit simplified.

I am willing to continue this, albeit rather as a player than as a DM, considering I have 2 IRL DND games running as DM. Anyone willing to keep this running outside of me and apple?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:01 am

I'm willing to do it. I oddly enjoy story making stuff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse