NATION

PASSWORD

Wolves of the Mist (IC | Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Wolves of the Mist (IC | Open)

Postby Dragonarya » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:02 pm

OOC
"Sometimes I wonder why I was chosen. I pass by someone a year older than me, and they bow their head respectfully, and I wonder why someone three years old should lead a pack. Why not someone who has more years of experience? Yet here I am.
"But I think it's best to leave these doubts behind. If I focus on the doubts, what of the rises? For instance, I see Grog telling stories to the young pups, or Fernando helping with community projects, and I feel a swell of pride for who we have become. For who we
are. Because we are Hail.
"And I swear on my life I will never let you down, not even at death's door, not even in my last breath. I swear I will always protect you with my life, as I know you would do the same for me. I am forever your loyal servant."

- Excerpt from Alpha Quill's first address

Alpha Swift

Swift stood at the entrance to the cave, her mouth twisted to the side. Her fur whipped wildly in the wind.

"No cure?" She asked the Mender beside her, her eyes full of concern.

The Mender shook her head sadly. "No cure," she repeated. "From what we can gather, it spreads through blood, which is why those with open wounds can't be near the sick. It also seems to be rampant in what prey we have left, but they are unaffected, which is why wolves cannot tell if what they eat will give them this disease or not."

Swift nodded in understanding. "Thank you," she said. "You may return to your work." The Mender bowed her head and scurried off to tend to the sick. Swift sighed and looked down. This disease had affected many, and some had even died from it. Even one of her own pups had it. Concern was growing like a tumor inside her, and if it spread as fast as this disease, she would be a paranoid fool by the days end.

"I will bring you a cure," she promised the wolves in the Menders cave quietly. "Even if it costs me my life." Sullenly she turned to walk away, her face turned from the cave filled with the sick and dying.

Alpha Alacrán

The pups leaned in eagerly to hear the four year old's words. It was not everyday they heard a story, and this was better than normal: a Puppy Bowl story. Alacrán had successfully kept the pack under his thumb (so to speak), and now all the pups were eager for the Bowl and killing.

"My allies and I were hungry," he said to the pups. "Starving, in fact. Soon enough we were sure to die of hunger. And if one dies from hunger, nobody gets the kill points!" The pups gasped in anger or surprise or, in one pup's case, fear, for she was the only pup that wasn't outwardly Storm. He would have to have private training on her. "Now, near our camp, there was a bush. This bush was filled with berries. With my knowledge, I knew these were poisonous. My allies didn't. So you know what I did?" The pups leaned forward to hear.

Alacrán chuckled, which turned into a maniacal laugh. "Why, I picked the berries and brought them to camp, saying they were dinner. We all ate them. You know what happened next?"

One pup raised his paw, and Alacrán nodded to him. He cleared his throat. "Your allies died," he said. "But since you're poison... you're immune to poison, and didn't die?"

He smiled and patted the pup on the head. "Exactly!" He cackled. "See, the Bowl isn't always won by strength. Sometimes, it's the clever ones who escape."

A messenger trotted up behind Alacrán and cleared her throat to get his attention. "She's almost here," she said impatiently.

The alpha scowled and turned to the pups. "Next time, I'll tell you about my frozen Lake trick," he said, which the pups responded to with an eager "okay!" He waved his paw, and they scattered across the camp to their various homes or training appointments. He sighed and stood up, nodding to the messenger and trotting away.

He came to a cliff edge and sat down. He'd been dreading this. Suddenly the wind picked up, and he could see a white form coming towards him across the plains. He grinned maliciously and waited.

Alpha Quill

The winged wolf sat a few paces away from the cave, on a rock jutting out of the ground. A long line snaked in front of him. It was his daily Q & A with the alpha.

A she-wolf nodded her head to him, then looked up. "My pups," she said. "They've caught a terrible illness, and none of the healers can fix it. And my pups aren't the only ones." A few in the line murmured agreement. "I request permission to go to another pack to see if they have a cure."

Quill shifted uncomfortably on the rock. He could never find a comfy position up here. "I'm not sure how safe that is," he said. "I'll send one of our ambassadors to Mist, because Alpha Swift will recognize our ambassadors and take them in gladly. Mist also seems more likely to have found a cure."

The female bowed her head. "Thank you, alpha," she said as she walked away. A few more stepped out of line and resumed daily business. Perhaps they too were inquiring on the illness. The next wolf was pure black, with startling blue eyes. Fernando.

"Alpha," he said, tipping his head. "I have come back from one of my hunting expeditions with my assigned group, but the pray is scarcer. Like another pack has come and decided to feed off our supply. I was wondering if you knew why?"

Quill shook his head. "I do not," he said, "but I assure you I will look into it." Fernando thanked him and walked away, probably to go get his sister into some shenanigans. What he didn't know what that the Alphas were already doing something. In fact, Skyfall was doing something that very moment.

He looked up at the long line and sighed as the next wolf came. This was going to be a long day.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Randomarya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Randomarya » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Alpha Skyfall

Skyfall carefully made her way towards the familiar black wolf, dissipating her nerves in the form of a windstorm. Skyfall didn't trust Alacran to respect her ambassadors, more likely than not they would end up in the bowl. She had completed the bowl, and the storm wolves at least acknowledged that fact. Skyfall slowed her pace as she neared Alacran, not in any sort of rush.

Quill hadn't wanted her to come, he had tried relentlessly to get her to send someone else. She just wouldn't stand for it, every time the pack needed to negotiate with the Storm Skyfall was the one who did it. Quill always tried to get her stay, but this time he had more reason to do so. They were going to have pups in a few moons, but hadn't told the pack yet. Best not count birds before the eggs hatch.

Skyfall stood three feet from Alacran, looking him in the eye. She realized the wind had picked up exponentially, so she lowered it to a soft breeze. "Stay out of our territory. I've seen your hunters stealing our prey." She said, not caring for formalities. They had spoken enough that she was well past that. "I don't care if your own territory is low on prey, quick shoving your snout in ours." She demanded, gaze unwavering.

Seeker and Luna
Seeker walked calmly through the forest, a small bat clinging to his shoulder. He looked back at it, smiling. His smile dropped as he remembered she couldn't see it. "So, up in the trees again?" He asked her, and his sister nodded. A bat was a convenient form for her, since she was blind and it allowed her to use echolocation. Seeker climbed the same tree he always did, setting Luna on the branch in front of him. She morphed back into her wolf form, laying down.

Luna didn't enjoy being blind, but it was better than always searching in her opinion. Seeker was almost always on the move, only at peace when sleeping. He could never stop and rest it seemed to Luna, even now she could hear him climbing from tree to tree in search of something new. Luna's other four senses were better than the average wolfs, they had to be to accommodate her blindness.

A few minutes later Luna could tell Seeker had left the forest and that she was alone, but she listened carefully to make sure. She knew he'd come back for her in an hour or so, so she wasn't worried. She started singing, her enchanting voice filling the air. She did this every day, letting Seeker bring her to the forest and singing once he left. She heard the nearby birdsong pause, the birds stopping to listen to Luna sing.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Lightfang

A young male wolf made his way through the never ending forest, carefully treading around swarming hives and other dens where unknown beasts lurked.
He had heard word that a pack lied around here, and he found that he wanted to spend time with a group of wolves.
Was he lonely?
Lightfang thought about this for a while as he walked towards what appeared to be some sort of clearing.
He could tell that it lead into open air, and as he got closer, the wolf came out of the think forest and found himself standing in an open field.
Soon, the sun warmed his coat and Lightfang grew tired.
Just for an hour or two, then I'll move on.
The wolf turned around and flopped down in the grass, then was asleep moments later.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Dragonarya wrote:

(Image)
Alpha Swift

Swift stood at the entrance to the cave, her mouth twisted to the side. Her fur whipped wildly in the wind.

"No cure?" She asked the Mender beside her, her eyes full of concern.

The Mender shook her head sadly. "No cure," she repeated. "From what we can gather, it spreads through blood, which is why those with open wounds can't be near the sick. It also seems to be rampant in what prey we have left, but they are unaffected, which is why wolves cannot tell if what they eat will give them this disease or not."

Swift nodded in understanding. "Thank you," she said. "You may return to your work." The Mender bowed her head and scurried off to tend to the sick. Swift sighed and looked down. This disease had affected many, and some had even died from it. Even one of her own pups had it. Concern was growing like a tumor inside her, and if it spread as fast as this disease, she would be a paranoid fool by the days end.

"I will bring you a cure," she promised the wolves in the Menders cave quietly. "Even if it costs me my life." Sullenly she turned to walk away, her face turned from the cave filled with the sick and dying.

Florence slowly came beside his fellow Mender with deep sadness, waiting solemnly for his Alpha to depart from the cave before speaking to the other Mender; "I've- managed to find a bitter weed- dark green- it's comforting," he looked into the other's face expressing a fear, "But such is all it has done, and the younger ones-" he looked away again, "I'm running out of ideas to make it more appealing to them. I've- mashed the herb together with crickets- I dare not add real meat- it's helped." his eyes began to water, "I'd like to find more of it- it's from some- marsh lands. If, if you feel it's worthy. I know I can be of use here where I am needed."

Dragonarya wrote:
"Sometimes I wonder why I was chosen. I pass by someone a year older than me, and they bow their head respectfully, and I wonder why someone three years old should lead a pack. Why not someone who has more years of experience? Yet here I am.
"But I think it's best to leave these doubts behind. If I focus on the doubts, what of the rises? For instance, I see Grog telling stories to the young pups, or Fernando helping with community projects, and I feel a swell of pride for who we have become. For who we
are. Because we are Hail.
"And I swear on my life I will never let you down, not even at death's door, not even in my last breath. I swear I will always protect you with my life, as I know you would do the same for me. I am forever your loyal servant."

- Excerpt from Alpha Quill's first address

(Image)
Alpha Quill

The winged wolf sat a few paces away from the cave, on a rock jutting out of the ground. A long line snaked in front of him. It was his daily Q & A with the alpha.

A she-wolf nodded her head to him, then looked up. "My pups," she said. "They've caught a terrible illness, and none of the healers can fix it. And my pups aren't the only ones." A few in the line murmured agreement. "I request permission to go to another pack to see if they have a cure."

Quill shifted uncomfortably on the rock. He could never find a comfy position up here. "I'm not sure how safe that is," he said. "I'll send one of our ambassadors to Mist, because Alpha Swift will recognize our ambassadors and take them in gladly. Mist also seems more likely to have found a cure."

The female bowed her head. "Thank you, alpha," she said as she walked away. A few more stepped out of line and resumed daily business. Perhaps they too were inquiring on the illness. The next wolf was pure black, with startling blue eyes. Fernando.

"Alpha," he said, tipping his head. "I have come back from one of my hunting expeditions with my assigned group, but the pray is scarcer. Like another pack has come and decided to feed off our supply. I was wondering if you knew why?"

Quill shook his head. "I do not," he said, "but I assure you I will look into it." Fernando thanked him and walked away, probably to go get his sister into some shenanigans. What he didn't know what that the Alphas were already doing something. In fact, Skyfall was doing something that very moment.

He looked up at the long line and sighed as the next wolf came. This was going to be a long day.

"Alpha," spoke Grog in a serious yet respectful tone, "I came with Fernando to hear your words for myself, yet now offer my services in your endeavor to discover if another pack has encroached upon our pack's territory to hunt that which sustains us." Grog extended his chest proudly, "If another pack is raiding our lands I am ready to do what must be done to end such incursion."
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Immortea
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Immortea » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Jeckyll

As Jeckyll hunted near the river, he thought how odd it was that the prey was getting rarer and rarer, and how the pack was slowly starting to starve. He hoped he would find something, anything, to give to the others. Maybe even have a little to eat for himself. Just a little though.

NightWing
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NightWing » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:37 pm

The golden wolf laid in the dirt, her front paws dangling over the cliff. Water from the nearby falls splashed onto her. She was too busy watching the action below to notice.

A scrawny pup was facing off with a stronger pup whom Karma had seen kill someone earlier. She chuckled to herself, mentally placing a bet on the strong wolf. However, a sudden flash came around the wolves and in a blink the scrawny wolf was in the same place, but panting, and the strong wolf was dead on the ground. Karma raised her eyebrows. Super speed. She hadn't seen that for a while.

She stood up with an almighty yawn and made her way towards the mountains. She needed entertainment. Maybe she would go encroach on someone else's territory.

Sablast
Near Storm Camp

An ethereal she-wolf trotted through the woods, looking up now and then. She could hear the dead crying to her, telling her to bring them to the other side, but she wasn't putting up with that crap right now. Spirits only brought her sadness, and sometimes they even brought him. She shuddered. She didn't want this. She didn't want any of this.

She walked some more and caught a rabbit before sitting down in a clearing to eat it. She got a prickling sensation on her neck, like she was being watched, but when she looked up all she saw was the mountain looming over her. She shuddered. She really hated this place.

Ragnarök
Common Peak

The assassin idly washed his claws in a mountain stream, watching the blood from them swirl down the water. He'd just finished a kill he'd been sent on, and as his tradition followed, he would wash his claws before a victory howl.

He brought his claws out of the stream and shook them off to rid himself of the chilly water. He trotted to a good vantage point of the view the mountain had to offer, which was a nice outcropping in Hail territory of the peak. From here, he could see the woods, training area, even the camp hidden in the forest and fog. He could see individual wolves, like a line of wolves snaking through Hail camp, or a kinda cute winged female in the forest. If he looked to the Storm side a golden wolf trotting towards the mountain, or a pretty white wolf near Storm camp. And on the other side, a purple wolf in a tree and a dominantly white wolf leaving the forest. He raised his head and howled; howled to the silver winged wolf, to the white Storm wolf, to the purple wolf in a tree, to all the wolves in line and all in the three packs and beyond.

He howled to the world, and he howled to himself, for this world was his victory.
PLEASE put this in your signature if you know someone or are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this on their signature, because they have already been eaten by dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower... armed with fire extinguishers, and the remaining 1% are awesome and will add this to their signature.
If you're RPing with me, please note I'm almost never on on the weekends.
Check out my latest try at an RP, Master of the Sea, an action/adventure RP about the eternal battle between pirates and armadas!

GOD'S NOT DEAD

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:32 am

Tempest

The older wolf was laying down in the shade a good distance from the Q&A, but in a position that still gave him a good vantage point. A laugh brought his attention back to the small group of pups playing around his paws and climbing on his back. Their mothers we're waiting in line and wanted somewhere safe to leave them.

Tempest was vaguely aware of the situation the tribe was in, an unknown sickness and lack of pretty was always concerning. He trusted the alphas, and he prepared himself if the relationship with the other tribes degraded into bloodshed.

A heavy fog quickly crept up the sides of common peak and soon most of the mountain was trapped in curtains of mist. The are around the howling wolf grew the thickest, until no more than five feet could be seen clearly. "Celebrating are we?" A wolf, white to the point of albinism, called from behind Ragnarok. He was lying on his back on an outcropping of rock that lent no suggestions on how the wolf managed to get up there. Mardröm's head was hanging over the edge which gave him a rather comedic appearance. He smiled mischievously and cocked his head waiting for a response.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:34 am

The Mender's Cave

The Mender nodded grimly. "If it helps at all, I suppose it's worth a try," she said with a sigh. "Maybe you could try a salad with rampion and sweet berries? Or if crickets isn't entirely working, something larger like grasshoppers or katydids." She paused. "I think a salad is the best option, because with how much the disease spreads through prey, it may very well affect our insects, too." She looked down, tears gathering in her eyes for all the dead and dying. "Marshes, you said? Come; we can go gather some. A whole team is already looking after the cave." She sighed again and raised her head. "It's the least we can do."

Alpha Alacrán

Alacrán raised his eyebrows at Skyfall before grabbing her chain and yanking her forward, where they were almost nose to nose. "Is that so?" He asked menacingly. "I remember you in the Bowl. Scared, weak, only a couple of months old. I would've killed you, had that not been my day to leave. You owe your life to me. You belong to me. Here's proof." He raised her chain into the light. He had a chain like that around his own neck, but instead of a lock his had a key, a symbol for Storm alpha.

He dropped the chain. "But where are my manners?" He asked sarcastically. He mockingly bowed his head. "A pleasure to meet with you again, Alpha Skyfall." He spit the last phrase out like it was poison and looked up. "If you have seen our hunters, bring them to me. I need proof rather than the words of a delusional alpha wannabe who should've died by my claws years ago." He sat back and grinned mockingly at her.

Alpha Quill

Quill straightened as well. Grog had a good sense of honor and duty, as well as loyalty. He nodded. "Thank you. Skyfall has told me there are Storm hunters in our forest, stealing our prey. If you are willing, I would like you, and maybe others of your choice, to go into the woods and find these hunters. I would also appreciate if you brought them back to me - alive would be preferred."

Sylvia

Sylvia crouched low in the brush, watching the elk and waiting for the right moment to strike. Almost... almost...

Aa-oooooooh!

She cursed under her breath as the unknown howl spooked her prey. She broke into a run, but the elk was too quick. She cursed again and flew to the top of a tree to see who scared away her dinner. She couldn't see anyone, but the mountains were covered in a think layer of fog. Strange, they'd been clear moments before. She shrugged and laid down in the branches, her paws dangling over the sides.
Last edited by Dragonarya on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Randomarya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Randomarya » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:50 am

Alpha Skyfall

Skyfall snarled as Alacran yanked her forward by the chain around her neck, a low growl coming from her throat. "Maybe I was weak then, but you better keep in mind I am not a weakling now." She spat out, glaring. As he released her chain she snapped at him, her teeth millimeters away from one of his eyes. She wouldn't actually bite him, not yet. An inter pack war was the last thing She needed on her paws at the moment. "I will return with your witless hunters, and you will see that what I say is true." She growled, ears flat against her skull. She turned and gracefully stalked away back to Hail territory, where hopefully someone had found the storm hunters already.

Luna
Luna stopped singing when she heard a distant howl, pricking her ears. She didn't recognize it,but was intrigued as to who it was. She turned her head toward the direction it came from, the mountains if she remembered correctly. She stood up on her branch, howling at the unfamiliar wolf in reply.
Last edited by Randomarya on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 am

Dragonarya wrote:Alpha Quill

Quill straightened as well. Grog had a good sense of honor and duty, as well as loyalty. He nodded. "Thank you. Skyfall has told me there are Storm hunters in our forest, stealing our prey. If you are willing, I would like you, and maybe others of your choice, to go into the woods and find these hunters. I would also appreciate if you brought them back to me - alive would be preferred."

Grog's eyes expressing a restrained frustration, "I shall gather others to keep those we find in line." Grog exhaled and took a breath, deciding against uttering more on the matter as he lowered his head and departed allowing the next wolf to approach the Alpha.

Once outside the cave he scanned the area looking for a warrior and scout to accompany him.

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Tempest

The older wolf was laying down in the shade a good distance from the Q&A, but in a position that still gave him a good vantage point. A laugh brought his attention back to the small group of pups playing around his paws and climbing on his back. Their mothers we're waiting in line and wanted somewhere safe to leave them.

Tempest was vaguely aware of the situation the tribe was in, an unknown sickness and lack of pretty was always concerning. He trusted the alphas, and he prepared himself if the relationship with the other tribes degraded into bloodshed.

Grog approached, and posed sternly; "Tempest," Grog looked over towards the she wolves and pups, and back to Tempest, "the pack is in need of our services. I shall explain as we head into the forests." Grog spotted Fernando near by and took a breath and made his way towards Fernando expecting Tempest to follow, "Fernando-" Grog paused to consider his words, "while we may both be deserving of rest your gift and swiftness of mind and body are desired. For I have been told more. More regarding your question."
Tomorrow is made today.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 am

Tempest

"Go find your mothers," Tempest said to the pups. He rose to his feet and little chunks of ice fell from his fur. He stretched for a bit before walking to catch up to Grog. Tempest reached them just after Grog enlisted the help of Fernando. "What's wrong, Grog? You seem on edge."

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:45 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Tempest

"Go find your mothers," Tempest said to the pups. He rose to his feet and little chunks of ice fell from his fur. He stretched for a bit before walking to catch up to Grog. Tempest reached them just after Grog enlisted the help of Fernando. "What's wrong, Grog? You seem on edge."

Grog glanced at Tempest while continuing to face Fernando and uttered in a hushed yet edged voice, "Storm pack, Quill has informed me and the those in the chamber that Storm has been hunting on our land." His voice while still hushed became grave to reflect what this could mean, "I feel they will turn to other actions if they are allowed to get away with this incursion. Quill desires to know more, perhaps suspecting them to have more reason then flexing their might. You and I, we must return at least one of them to Quill for questioning." He turned his eyes back to Fernando, "For which Fernando will be of service."
Tomorrow is made today.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Fernando

Fernando's eyes gleamed as he listened to what Grog had in mind. "I'm willing to aid you," he said bravely. He straightened up. "If it can restore Hail's life source, I am willing to do anything for it." He didn't mention the other actions Grog spoke of, but he remembered learning that a couple of years ago, puppy abductions across Mist and Hail had gone through the roof, dumping many hopeless puppies in the horrible Bowl. He lowered his head.

"I think there are two main options," he continued. "Either go now so that we can be out longer, or wait until nightfall. Storm wolves typically do their deeds in the dark." He squinted up at the sun. Human time, it was about 2:00 PM, but wolves measured time in sun and moon phases. He shrugged. "I guess you two can decide, since I imagine you both would know more than I on the matter."

Sylvia

Sylvia flicked her ears as another joined the howl. Why do they have to be so loud? she thought with a sigh. No way was she going to hunt or take a nap now. Groaning, she stood up and made her way to on top of the tree, where the sunlight streamed down and made her squint. "Probably some idiot Slaughter Children," she mumbled, using the slang term for pups excited about the Bowl.

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:28 pm

-Voided-
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:04 am

Tempest

The white wolf turned to both his companions, "If it is our prey they are after, it may be expedient for us to find their targets and lie in wait until they hunt. They will not be expecting an ambush while they stalk their prey."

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:22 am

Lightfang

Lightfang awoke and lifted his head.
Who is that?
He felt an overwhelming response to respond to this wolf that seemingly had an unlimited amount of breath but then decided not to.
Lightfang smirked as he rose from where he had be sleeping and shook himself.
I wonder if anyone has to them to shut up yet. Probably.
The wolf then made his way through the field and found himself standing before a cave, of sorts.
Where am I?
He risked stepping inside the cave, just for a second, to see what was in there.

He's inside the 'sick cave' in Mist territory
Last edited by Skylus on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Immortea
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Immortea » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:44 pm

Jeckyll

As the howl started, Jeckyll finally got a good look at the doe he had been hunting, freezing it in place. He ran towards it as fast as he could while his eyes started to dry out. Just as he got a good bite his watering eyes forced him to blink, causing the doe to start fighting back, far too late. Within moments, the doe was dead, and Jeckyll was dragging it back to the pack, questioning who was howling so loud, and what for. Then he noticed how far from the mountains he had gone.
Last edited by Immortea on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:46 pm

Dragonarya wrote:The Mender's Cave

The Mender nodded grimly. "If it helps at all, I suppose it's worth a try," she said with a sigh. "Maybe you could try a salad with rampion and sweet berries? Or if crickets isn't entirely working, something larger like grasshoppers or katydids." She paused. "I think a salad is the best option, because with how much the disease spreads through prey, it may very well affect our insects, too." She looked down, tears gathering in her eyes for all the dead and dying. "Marshes, you said? Come; we can go gather some. A whole team is already looking after the cave." She sighed again and raised her head. "It's the least we can do."

Skylus wrote:Lightfang

Lightfang awoke and lifted his head.
Who is that?
He felt an overwhelming response to respond to this wolf that seemingly had an unlimited amount of breath but then decided not to.
Lightfang smirked as he rose from where he had be sleeping and shook himself.
I wonder if anyone has to them to shut up yet. Probably.
The wolf then made his way through the field and found himself standing before a cave, of sorts.
Where am I?
He risked stepping inside the cave, just for a second, to see what was in there.

He's inside the 'sick cave' in Mist territory

As the two menders began to depart the cave they came at eye's gaze to Lightfang. Florence frowned a little, as this one was a rather recent case. Not of the illness, but as a warrior of injury. Which had left Lightfang with a tendency to 'sleep walk' in other forms, and forget things periodically. There was in fact no telling how much Lightfang knew of where or who he was among. It was tragic, or rather heavily felt among others as Lightfang was protective of home and pack and it was his protectiveness that lead to the injury- yet with out testimony from him what occured is unknown- only the wound it's self. Florence tended to keep quite around Warriors, save patients, and Lightfang was among the exception; "Lightfang," spoke Florence slowly with a paw raised as he sat upon the cave floor and lowered his paw, "how are you today?" Florence had not forgotten of the task at hand, but he couldn't just walk past Lightfang who not knowing of the sickness with in the cave may have continued to enter.
Tomorrow is made today.

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Grayheart

Grayheart was not the most diligent of warriors, to say the least. And everyone knew it. She walked slowly to and fro, almost in a dreamlike state. Something always seemed to preoccupy her mind, which she always dismissed as simply thinking. Lazily sitting under a small shrub in earshot of the menders, she heard them talking of some sort of excursion to find medication for the all too well known of sickness spreading among the clan. It was pretty established among her fellow clanmates for her to never be assigned to hunt - her inclination to get sidetracked and weak frame making her quite the poor hunting mate. Instead, she's usually expected to help out the menders with their various chores, although refusing to actually go into where they leave the sick and injured. All the pain and suffering she sees there is even too unbearable for her, despite it being a common sight for her. She usually ignored it. Feeling her bones pop slightly as she pushed herself up, she slowly made her way over to the menders leaving the cave. She talked, not with much emotion, but not uncaring. Much like a practical question of wanting to know, and a statement of fact.

"You need any help with your little excursion? I'm not going to be much use anywhere else, and one of my brothers has the sickness... I don't think about him much, but he's a sickly little thing... I want him to get better. I don't want him to go yet."

She looks quite somber and grim as she says the last bit, looking at the ground with a sigh, finally showing through, at least a little, her tone's unconveyed feelings and emotional reasons for wanting to help.
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

NightWing
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NightWing » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Ragnarök

The male stopped his howling and looked back at the fog wolf poised comedically behind him and grinned. "I have my moments," he said, nodding in the direction of the response howl. He jumped down from his jutting and landed just below Mardröm, looking up at the Loner. "Why do you care? Not like I'm affecting you, unless you were taking a nap." He grinned. "You're welcome to join. I think I've started a howl."
PLEASE put this in your signature if you know someone or are related to someone who has been eaten by dragons. Dragons are nearly unstoppable, and in case you didn't know, they can breathe fire. 93% of people won't copy and paste this on their signature, because they have already been eaten by dragons. 6% of people are sitting in the shower... armed with fire extinguishers, and the remaining 1% are awesome and will add this to their signature.
If you're RPing with me, please note I'm almost never on on the weekends.
Check out my latest try at an RP, Master of the Sea, an action/adventure RP about the eternal battle between pirates and armadas!

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:16 am

Lightfang

Lightfang leapt back a few inches and stared in the direction of Florence.
"I...I am well, thanks for asking..."
Then he smelled sickness coming from the cave before him and he darted away a bit, around a foot, before stopping.
A small wolf pup had found his way out of the cave and the creature stood there blinking before curling up next to Lightfang.
The wolf lowered his head and picked up the pup and gazed at Florence.
"What should I do?" It was a little hard to understand him with the pup in his mouth.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:11 pm

Skylus wrote:Lightfang

Lightfang leapt back a few inches and stared in the direction of Florence.
"I...I am well, thanks for asking..."
Then he smelled sickness coming from the cave before him and he darted away a bit, around a foot, before stopping.
A small wolf pup had found his way out of the cave and the creature stood there blinking before curling up next to Lightfang.
The wolf lowered his head and picked up the pup and gazed at Florence.
"What should I do?" It was a little hard to understand him with the pup in his mouth.

Florence

Florence's ears where back facing as he spoke, "Pa-paut- put him down, please." It wasn't Lightfang's fault that he had no memory of what was going on, about the sickness- menders risk such - not warriors and Florence didn't need Lightfang to fall ill as well.

Compounding the matter was the pup's identity, which only made Greyheart's appearance stressing when it otherwise should not have been. As Florence stepped forward to retrieve the pup; his fellow mender spoke to Greyheart, "We welcome both of you to aid us," she said as a way of accepting Greyheart's assistance and inviting Lightfang to join them, "Florence knows the way, and you need not worry," she said as a response to both Florence's actions and Lightfang's question and reaction to Florence, "The sickness spreads through blood as far as we can tell." She turned to Greyheart, "Florence has found a herb that provides comfort to the afflicted."

*OOC: I presume he was startled by Greyheart.
Tomorrow is made today.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:30 pm

NightWing wrote:Ragnarök

The male stopped his howling and looked back at the fog wolf poised comedically behind him and grinned. "I have my moments," he said, nodding in the direction of the response howl. He jumped down from his jutting and landed just below Mardröm, looking up at the Loner. "Why do you care? Not like I'm affecting you, unless you were taking a nap." He grinned. "You're welcome to join. I think I've started a howl."

"I'll pass, but thanks for the invite." The illusion disappeared, and fog shifted to reveal a normal colored wolf hidden in the fog. "I was just in the neighborhood."

The fog concealed Mardröm once again, but started to clear after he started walking away.

Randomarya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Randomarya » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Alpha Skyfall

Skyfall trotted into camp, her chain clanking as it trailed across the ground. As she entered the camp a few pups ran out to meet her, their tails swinging in excitement. Skyfall smiled and swept a pile of leaves into the air, swirling them around in the light wind. The pups laughed and started chasing the leaves, trying to pin them down.

As Skyfall entered the area where Quill was holding the q and a, she sat in her usual spot nearby. The line to see Quill split, some of the wolves coming to speak with Skyfall instead. The sessions went twice as fast this way, with both alphas at work. Skyfall slipped into the familiar routine, flashing Quill a look that meant they would talk about her meeting with Alacran later.

Luna and Seeker

Luna swiveled her ears forward to see if the wolf who had howled would do it again. She could hear someone nearing, and relaxed when she recognized her brothers loping gait. He stopped underneath her, flicking his tail. "You good?" He asked, enjoying a rare moment of peace from searching. Luna nodded, still listening for the wolf on the mountain. Seeker looked down, starting to head off in a new direction.

He was headed in search of edible plants for the healers. He had been trying to keep Luna far from the ill, she had always been more likely to get sick than other wolves. He found some herbs and nuts, so he started collecting them to take to the healing den.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:42 pm

Alpha Quill

There seemed to be a lull in wolves with questions, so Quill walked over to his mate and sat down. "Didn't go so well?" He asked her, raising his eyebrows. "Alacrán isn't always the most agreeable. I hope he didn't cause you any trouble, as that would violate Pack law."

Fernando

Fernando nodded to Tempest. "An ambush," he said. "That's Storm's favorite tactic. They won't expect it to be used against them." He looked between the two males he spoke with. "Night, then? Or get into position?"

GOD'S NOT DEAD

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse