NATION

PASSWORD

Between 2 Rivers - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:09 am

Wrapping up day 2 soon, please post actions if you haven't already.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:10 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Indo-pasif archipelago wrote:
Oh, alright, I understand. So no vegetables too?

Vegetables?

Vegetables that can be obtained from foraging in forests.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

Cainesland wrote:WIP
Name: Simon Charles Mcgucket
Appearance: Mid 20's. Well kept, white hair. Full beard. Blue eyes. Caucasian.
Skills: Foraging
Items: (Fine Clothes, Leather Bag, or Bronze horn), Pickaxe
Memories: Simon was a member of Clan Mcgucket, a fact remembered in part because his name was etched or sewed on an item brought along during the treck from home. Before becoming a nomad, following the fall of his homeland, Simon was a learned intellectual. Though if he worked in governance, business, or study, he is uncertain. He recalls playing the role of negotiator/ trader during the groups treck, but how big or long that role was he isn't sure. He does recall being against breaking the mirror and enlarging the crack for water though. He hopes to remember more of his past and looks forward to learning more about this new land.

Nearly finished. Just need to decide which item to have brought during the journey.
Fine clothes - First instinct/choice, skill choice is nice. Might be like Captain Good in King Solomon's Mines?
Bag - Good for exploring, good for preventing getting robbed. Doubles as sleeping bag/pillow?
Horn - Symbol of civilization, lord of the flies, good for calling for help or warning of danger.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:25 am

Cainesland wrote:
Cainesland wrote:WIP
Items: (Fine Clothes, Leather Bag, or Bronze horn), Pickaxe
Memories: Simon was a member of Clan Mcgucket, a fact remembered in part because his name was etched or sewed on an item brought along during the treck from home. Before becoming a nomad, following the fall of his homeland, Simon was a learned intellectual. Though if he worked in governance, business, or study, he is uncertain. He recalls playing the role of negotiator/ trader during the groups treck, but how big or long that role was he isn't sure. He does recall being against breaking the mirror and enlarging the crack for water though. He hopes to remember more of his past and looks forward to learning more about this new land.

Nearly finished. Just need to decide which item to have brought during the journey.
Fine clothes - First instinct/choice, skill choice is nice. Might be like Captain Good in King Solomon's Mines?
Bag - Good for exploring, good for preventing getting robbed. Doubles as sleeping bag/pillow?
Horn - Symbol of civilization, lord of the flies, good for calling for help or warning of danger.

Welcome on board!

Fine Clothes is powerful, but makes early game harder. Nobody has a horn yet.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:41 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Welcome on board!

I was tempted by Fine Clothes, but a spear to protect one's sorry hide was way too tempting.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Welcome on board!

I was tempted by Fine Clothes, but a spear to protect one's sorry hide was way too tempting.

Having a spear reminded me of Jack from lord of the flies. He became the hunter for the group. Encouraged fears of the unknown. And then conducted a hostile takeover using fearmongering and his ability to feed everyone to userp civilized practices and become a more or less savage dictator.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:03 am

Cainesland wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:

Having a spear reminded me of Jack from lord of the flies. He became the hunter for the group. Encouraged fears of the unknown. And then conducted a hostile takeover using fearmongering and his ability to feed everyone to userp civilized practices and become a more or less savage dictator.

To be fair, there is more murder likely to be afoot soon.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 am

The ancient script in an alien language. Does that give technology? Or would one need to choose it to find out what it does? And would one need to select the pickaxe to obtain stone/ore for the group?

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:32 am

Cainesland wrote:The ancient script in an alien language. Does that give technology? Or would one need to choose it to find out what it does? And would one need to select the pickaxe to obtain stone/ore for the group?

yeah, the script makes no sense at first. I don't think anyone brought a pickaxe.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:36 pm

If nobody has a pickaxe, is there no way to gather the rocks/bronze to make another advanced tool?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Cainesland wrote:If nobody has a pickaxe, is there no way to gather the rocks/bronze to make another advanced tool?

You can gather rock informally slowly, but also probably surface trace tin and copper in the right areas.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:27 am

Items: Fine Clothes, Pickaxe
Memories: Simon was a member of Clan Mcgucket, a fact remembered in part because his full name was sewed on the inside of his jacket that he brought along with him during the treck from home. Before becoming a nomad, following the fall of his homeland, Simon was a learned intellectual. Though if he worked in governance, business, or study, he is uncertain. He recalls playing the role of negotiator/ trader during the groups treck, but how big or long that role was he isn't sure. He does recall being against breaking the mirror and enlarging the crack for water though. He hopes to remember more of his past and looks forward to learning more about this new land.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:51 am, edited 4 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:22 am

Am I correct that if someone starts with fine clothes but the fine clothes later get stolen, that character that started with the fine clothes would still get the free skill? Because it is their characters history that grants that skill instead of the clothes themselves?
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:24 am

Cainesland wrote:Am I correct that if someone gets fine clothes robbed, they would still get the free skill? Because it is their characters history that grants that skill instead of the clothes themselves?

Correct.
Also, application accepted. See if you can catch up to day 2 quickly.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:30 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Am I correct that if someone gets fine clothes robbed, they would still get the free skill? Because it is their characters history that grants that skill instead of the clothes themselves?

Correct.

Thank you :).

Also, can you travel to and explore a region in the same phase of the day? Or would those need to occur in separate phases of the day? Like travel in the morning and explore in the afternoon.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:30 am

Cainesland wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:
Correct.

Thank you :).

Also, can you travel to and explore a region in the same phase of the day? Or would those need to occur in separate phases of the day? Like travel in the morning and explore in the afternoon.

Separate phases!

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Cainesland wrote:Thank you :).

Separate phases!

Thank you

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:16 am

If I hunt at night on day 2, will I be able to eat for day 2?

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:40 am

Could i have some information on the glorious region of Septomia.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:32 am

Is Ussur in the northeast? Or just the north?
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Tag

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:02 pm

Ussur and Iola are in the north.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:06 pm

Biscaria wrote:Ussur and Iola are in the north.

Thank you. So north, not north east.

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:25 pm

What interests me is why you want to know?

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:34 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:What interests me is why you want to know?

I was interested mainly because my character was going into the North East and I was uncertain as to if Ussur and Lola were there as well, or if Simon would be there alone for now and could name it. I noticed that you mentioned north a few times but I wasn't sure if it's just North, or if a direction was omitted but there was a direction, like North-East because North-East has a lake river, and is Marshy.
Last edited by Cainesland on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse