NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life, the Universe, & Everything [closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 am

Do you guys want to do the dinner sooner or later? I’m fine with either but I need to know beforehand.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Out this weekend to let people post.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 am

Out this weekend for sister's wedding. If you want to do the dinner soon, please assemble so I can post when I get home. If not, do some other things. If nothing happens, your food's gonna get cold and there's no microwaves.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:08 am

*realizes that she has in fact CTEd -*

Ouch.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:03 am

Fucking weather makes gaming impossible.

All - we can move back to the building so people can start up stories. Okay to proceed with that?

Min, Tilt - given how dodgy our connection has been, should I not be online, would you be able to transition us after people give input?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:55 am

I think we should keep in the island for a while longer. People have stuff going on right now.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:10 am

Sure, Cer.
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:47 am

Island is fine with me. I'm still catching up with RL post-weather hell.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

Oneshot

Postby Fvaarniimar » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 pm

Apologies for reference to the great kerfuffle of last year, but - Nick needed this scene. So did I. It's set during the Fall Festival, which is when I started writing it.

“I think I understand…” muttered Nick regarding his earlier YouTube watching with Gio. “Small creatures can be cute. However… to me, it's just frustrating. Chasing a point of light is fun, but - it's hard - every other cat is normal...”

Ah, irony. Some steps later, Nick was once again rubbing his cheek against yet another spot that he’d scent-marked not a week before and yet which held no trace of his scent. His ears pricked as a rustling sound came from above - the next landing? - followed by a shikk as something apparently was scooted quickly across the carpet. Sniff. No scent but that of old books, and - huh. Human baked goods, and vegetables? Curious, Nick dashed forward.

“I swear this isn't what it looks like!” The sight at the top of the stairs - a comfortably worn blanket. A stick of celery, nibbled. Behind these - a dark brown lump of fur sitting on a yellowed rectangle, dimensions matching a novel.

Nick suddenly felt sick to his stomach. He'd sat there. Excepting the celery, it could have been any quiet afternoon, with him relaxing in a sunbeam… “It looks like... you're an alternate me.” “It looks like I've been replaced. Why wasn't -”

The - duplicate? - whipped around with a shuffling noise, heedless of his now-exposed embarrassing book. “Oh, NO! Nick, please - please listen? I'm not a replacement. I couldn't replace you! No, literally, I literally literally literally couldn't! I’m not that brave! You were willing -“ Spencer's eyes widened as he placed the tasty-feast scent. “By Demens, that's smoke! You - you did it. You've just come from Alexandria, and you faced the fire for friends - even knowing it would be hot enough to potentially kill you. You probably even faced the dragons! Nick - I could never do that. I have most of the memories, but I quite literally give thanks to Naomi and Demens that I don't have to go on your hair-raising adventures! You're helping with - everything. I'm beyond happy to stay here, hold down the fort - and report on what you missed, if multiple months pass again -”

The - duplicate? - sighed. “There's so much I need to explain to you, and I'm still not sure how. I'd better start with me.” He closed his eyes for a moment. “Naomi made us as temporary stand-ins - for the island. So friends - absent for Christmas - could be there -” His tone suddenly changed, to be as cheery as possible. “Well! We got to stick around. We were based on you to start - although our personalities weren't ever exact copies. Some of us have found new names - mine’s Spencer. We've been diverging for almost a year, it's been that long here -”

“Mrow.” Nick's paw pointed - The flesh-and-blood cat couldn't ignore The Ballroom of the Ziron Baron and the smooching couple on its gilt cover any longer.

“IT’S RESEAR-” squawked the paper cat, before sighing. “...It's a romance novel. I like them, and this one's engaging. Please, please don't tell Willow, he'll tease me mercilessly! Uh… Paper Willow. I think the original would actually be… nice?” He laughed - half-snorting. “It does prove my point, at least. I'm not you, Nick.”

Lying back down, Spencer started to squirm and fiddle with something as Nick watched in bemusement. “We - paper people - have a little home through the library, and can help out when needed. Say, with taking notes and watching apartments. Romulus’s stand-in likes to go on missions. Me, I'll happily pet-sit. Your apartment’s almost as you left it, although it moved again. I read your books a bit, then dragged some stuff up that I liked. It's a nice space to read… or just relax. But we can't exactly relax yet.”

He swatted a bundle to Nick: his less-new-than-expected device. “All yours, although you have different gear for field assignments! It's open to an important transcript… which I had to correct. Your voice-to-text is good but, well...it doesn't like names.”

(The transcript, of course, had shifted along with all of the other documentation.)

“I do have good news for you - I've spent today collecting information on applying for Bielefeld citizenship! It's only a formality, of course - we remain on Gallimaufry. I personally don't find it worth bothering with. But I remembered how very much it would mean to you. There's strings you could pull, people you know who could make it happen almost instantly. But...if I remember correctly, you want it soon, but you also want to really go through citizenship procedures...?”

Nick nodded excitedly, bouncing in place.

Once Cat 1 calmed down, Cat 2 burst his happy little “I'M GOING TO BE A CITIZEN!!” bubble.

“I do have terrible news, too.” Spencer paused - to honor the gravity of the statement, and one of Nick's first friends in the world. “Nick, Tora died this past winter. She'd wanted to attack people, with lethal force - they had taken a Resident, but she hadn't been harmed.” Spencer knew that some of Nick's happiest memories had been made on Christmas, at the Island. He even remembered seeing the painting behind the front desk of it - although he'd never seen it with his own eyes, and never ever wanted to, which was another difference between the two. It would be cruel to make him associate the time and place with such sorrow...as Spencer himself couldn't avoid doing.

“Only hours after this, she lashed out at Drova. Only the intervention of another Resident prevented his being killed.”

“She’s -” “better than that” “She wouldn't - she can't -”

“I’ve thought about this for months, Nick. I've considered lying to you. Not about her death, but I could have given you a story where she died defending others. I could tell you one where she saves the multiverse single-handedly. I've spent a lot of time concocting alternate scenarios, what-ifs. I still could give you a story, Nick, of how Tora could have died.”

“She -” his voice broke. “Torii can't be dead. She just can't!”

“I think her time as a child soldier may have contributed to these incidents, and this tragedy. She tied a great deal of her self-worth to her combat abilities.”

Spencer sighed; his words became short, clipped. “Marcus Usseio challenged her to a battle. Apparently, he meant for her to back down, and to understand that sometimes the solution isn't to fight. He didn't want her to take the challenge. She was as outmatched by him as… well, as Drova was outmatched by her. He gave her chances to back down, but…” Somehow, his paper eyes clouded with pain.

Nick had curled into a tight little ball. He stopped just short of covering his ears - it killed him, but he had to listen. He could guess what had happened, though, and filled in, voice pained. “But Torii doesn't - didn't - didn't back down from a challenge. Her pride - she just grew more determined, didn't she? She...she saw it as...as something she had to prove.”

He let out a plaintive, meowing wail - for everything that had been lost. The Library, the Librarians - this was the last straw. “Why couldn't she have understood? She never had to prove anything, never! She was loved. She cared. She helped. SHE WAS GOOD ENOUGH!” At this point, he was both screaming aloud and projecting telepathically.

Spencer flattened himself - body, ears, fur - as the maelstrom of emotion hit and the words were shoved into his brain. “Nick.” Spencer met his eyes, gaze sympathetic. “How many times have you made that same mistake?”

He blinked, startled. “I - I -”

“We have a therapist now, Nick. I think you'll really need to see him. You don't try to prove yourself by fighting, but... you've taken some big risks. And...Nick, I know you don't like to think about some things. But the extent to which you suppress stuff is a problem.”

The flesh and blood feline sat, gaping. How dare he!

“I’ve wondered if Dr. Narinda could have helped her, Nick, because you're right, I'm sorry to say. That's exactly what happened. Marcus made it clear that she'd get the no-holds-barred fight she seemed to want, against an opponent who could defend himself. I’ve wondered so very often what would have happened if he'd just phrased it differently…”

“I've railed at Marcus, Nick, for challenging her and for making it such a challenge! I've railed at everyone in charge at the Building - the kidnapping was a test of how we handled situations and whether the Agency needed extra oversight, set up and played by them. Would she be alive if we hadn't been tested, or if it simply had been even a day earlier or later? I've railed at Drova - he didn't do anything wrong, merely tried to say hi, but his timing was awful! I've railed at Fate - was she fated to fall then? Why couldn't we have gotten a therapist earlier?! Did someone cause Drova's entrance at the worst possible time? But maybe any time would have been too soon, after…”

“After that stupid, stupid, utterly stupid FUCKING MARRIAGE! Why did they let it RUIN EVERYTHING?! No one even took it seriously! That…” He shook his head.

“Yes. I’ve certainly railed at Zalgo. The marriage certainly was the point things started...going downhill. It set this in motion, almost certainly...but other events could have, too. I've even railed at Demens, simply for Choosing her.” He paused.

“Would - wouldn’t she be alive if he hadn't?” Nick's voice was small, quiet.

Spencer sighed again. “I thought the same, Nick - and then I realized that if he hadn't, she might have died far sooner. After all, most of us are rescued from our impending deaths.” The flesh cat’s eyes widened.

“Perhaps Tora's death finally caught up with her. Perhaps, like some said, she really and truly was needed in heaven. Maybe she's still defending the Omniverse, just in a different - agency. I've learned simply to hope that she's found peace. She was devoted to her God, and we do know he exists, so she's with him now, Nick. She's probably quite -” his voice broke. He sobbed. “Q - quite happy.”

Tears rolled down his cheeks - paper ones, of course. He coughed.

“Remember that, Nick. Tora, almost certainly, is happier than we've ever seen her.”

“I -” Nick's eyes flashed. “Residents are rescued from their deaths.” His voice was low, urgent. “Untraceably. Maybe someone's rescued her and she’ll come visit someday? Maybe she - but - erm, go on. Please - I really need to know.”

Spencer nodded. Stages of grief - denial. “She didn't back down. She honestly wanted that fight to happen. She didn't want others to hold back for her. She wanted to prove she could win, or at least do well, against...well, against anyone really.

“Her death might have been an accident - I expect Marcus would have given her at least one more chance to surrender before delivering a decisive blow, and it probably simply would have been a punch calculated to knock her out. But she triggered his defenses somehow...and you might remember that they're electrical. It was quick, at least.”

Nick sat, stunned. “Are you - are you sure? Did anyone check her pulse, Spencer? Does the DNA match? It's rather...off. Could it be a ruse?”

Spencer thought for a moment. Would it be kinder, at least for now, to allow Nick that much hope? Yes. Yes, it would. “I didn't check at the time, Nick.” Of course she'd been rather thoroughly pronounced dead, but the tech priests had taken her body… “Maybe. It does remain most likely that she's in heaven. You'll need time to come to terms with this and start to heal. It took time for me, too. I handled it better because she - I didn't lose a current friend, Nick. I lost a potential and very fondly remembered one. I honestly do think you need some counseling to -”

Nick glared. His clone had hit a nerve. “Why don’t you go be a therapist?! You clearly looove psychoanalyzing people!! I'm. NOT. Crazy.”

Spencer couldn't help it. He rolled his eyes. “No, you're not. Neither was Tora! But you certainly feel a need to prove yourself, especially to those you care about! Would you have even gone near the damn dangerous dragons otherwise? Would you have volunteered to help Sandy rescue a book from AN ENORMOUS FIRE at the Library of Alexandria?!”

Nick's eyes lit up at that. “It was so far beyond incredible, Spencer! I wouldn't trade the experience for -”

Suddenly, he stared off into the distance. Spencer suspected (and correctly) what he was seeing: a vivacious blonde girl, tall, in a short dark skirt and a Torsiedellie military jacket.

“...Well, for much.”

Now that he was calmer, Nick did notice some differences. Spencer's voice was a touch more nasal than his, pitched lower, and more even in tone - all details the original cat could have affected easily, but wouldn't have chosen to.

“And I really did help during the Fire! You live through the library, you said? It might need to be enlarged, we rescued so much stuff! We have the lost works of Aristophanes, I think a Muse statue - the statues and friezes there really depict the Muses! I can't believe I missed out on meeting them, that'll teach me to nap -! But Bast is also real, and I got to spend time in Her presence.”

“Nick.” Spencer's voice was gentle, but firm. “You pushed your grief aside like -” He pushed one paper paw past the other, in a manner that he'd one day found closely approximated a human finger-snap.

Nick tensed, ready to run. “I, I - I can't handle this right now! I can't, I can't help, I can't fix -”

Spencer held out a paw - not exactly blocking anything, but Nick paused. “Of course, Nick. Of course. I doubt Tora would want - no, wants you to focus on the pain. But you're too far towards the other extreme. I know you don't want to suppress your memories of her, Nick.”

“I - I'd never -”

“Nick. I've noticed, from your memories, that, if something hurts or makes you uncomfortable, you push it aside. You've pushed aside red flags from Primordial which you truly must acknowledge. You've pushed aside years of frustrated misery - and in that case, it wasn't a terrible solution! Suppressing did let you build up happy memories without your pain and anxiety getting in the way. Now that you have years of happy memories behind you, you do need to face the older memories, too.”

Spencer let out another sigh. His original's ears were flat, his eyes darting from side to side. He lowered his voice, spoke more slowly.

“You spent years utterly isolated, Nick. Of course that has proven painful, and of course you don't want to have to cope with that pain. There's good in those memories, too - warm libraries and intriguing constellations and some nights where you truly were content - and you've forgotten all that until now, haven't you? You've suppressed it right along with the nasty lonely bits. The memories I mentioned don't mean the world to you. You can afford to lose them. But every single precious one of your memories of Tora is now also causing you pain, because she's dead and it wasn't even a “good” death. You can deal with your pain as normal. You can shove it aside - and the thoughts causing it along with it.”

Nick stared at, in a sense, part of himself scolding him. After some ten seconds of silence, he took the bait. “...Or?”

“Or, Nick...you can try therapy. Find a healthy way to handle your grief.”

By the time Nick spoke again, several minutes had passed.
“...Okay.”

Spencer nodded. “Follow me, okay? I know where your apartment went. Let's get you to bed, and I'll -”

Nick shook. “Spencer -” “wouldyoupleasepleasestaydon’twanttobealonetonightple -”

The paper cat blinked. “Y-yeah. Of course, Nick.”

“I want 7B back. I want it all back Spencer, all of it. “I want her back!

Spencer pressed against his side. “Of course you do, Nick. Of course you want her back. But remember - she's happy, and if Elohim has permission for it, she's looking down on us and smiling. But can she see the past of a different reality entirety, one likely under a different Greater Being?”

Nick stared, confused. “Erm...I...guess not?”

Spencer's voice took on a quiet intensity. “Tell her, Nick. Tell her about the Library.”

Nick froze. That hadn't been expected - but, actually, he'd been looking forward to telling his friends in more detail. All of them.

“...Er...uh - I guess it started with a book - but if you can watch us, Torii, you saw that part. And you would have seen us training, and the fire lizards.

“I guess the part you didn't see started in an alley, when we Gated in. It was close to a market, Torii, early in the morning…”
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:13 am

CO-OP MESSAGE

Hello you crazy lot. I hope all is well with you guys and gals.

Tilt and I are still pretty busy and our fabulous Cer & Swith have been off for awhile now. Apologies all round if this has cause any pause in your stories that need clearance. Speaking off...

I hear there's several stories (about 3 to 5 stories) in the works ready to be launched. Some are 'light' enough that don't require OP/CO-OP approval, others are in depth, and some requiring a bit more oversight - nothing drastic, thankfully.

Given Cer & Swith are out for the time being, as Co-OP, I'm going to lay down 2 simple and known rules whenever as story is about to take off:

1. Stories that take place in the City: does not affect Bielefeld (or Galli, but really, we shouldn't be there anyway). Do not destroy, kill, or otherwise cause collateral damage to the city proper, any surrounding areas, or maim its denizens. Cause, effect, and all that good mess if you do; don't complain afterward when the anvil falls.
2. Stories outside of Bielefeld (gate travels): I trust whomever is running their stories to GM your group accordingly. ALL PARTICPANTS: Do not godmod, asspull, or otherwise freeze others in scenes. Do not bring overpowered persons, items, or general fuckery back home that will otherwise cause a headache by its sheer presence. We'll destroy it, simple as that.
3. These are general rules already applied with every story past, so it's nothing that you haven't heard before or unaware.

I'm clearing all stories to move ahead.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and see you all when my head isn't buried in work.

Ta!

~Mincivet, Co-OP

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Annnnd, we're good!
she/her

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Ex-Nation

MEME TIME!

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:59 pm

Describe an event in your character's past, the revelation of which would be moderately embarrassing. Basically, what's something rather ridiculous that your character did, thought, said...

--

Late in his second year of awareness, not very long after figuring out typing, Nick attempted to join a conspiracy. What conspiracy? The one known to the entire internet, of course, wherein cats are secretly plotting to take over the world. He did feel a bit torn - humans write books, after all. However, after this crisis of conscience, he concluded that humans probably would be happier in a world with, say, mandatory naps...and quite likely less war, as people fighting each other are not pampering cats.

Regardless of the morality of it, Nick never could find the conspiracy... despite quite a lot of looking, following up even the silliest "clues".

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 pm

When char!Gio was very little, she used to think Christmas was about her. She knew it was celebrating a godling's birth in December, she was a godling, her birthday was in December, so obviously all this tinsel and celebration was for her. She was very upset and jealous when she found out it was about some guy named Jesus instead that all the other gods pay attention to, and had to have a long talk with her older siblings about how she was special and loved too.

In first grade, Willow was utterly convinced that he was going to marry his substitute art teacher one day. She was his first crush and the most perfect, pretty, nice, perfectest pony in the whole wide world, so he didn't CARE how old she was, he would WAIT! He would wait FOREVER so they could live HAPPILY EVER AFTER! These dreams came crashing down during an after school event where said teacher brought her fiance. Much ice cream was consumed afterwards.
she/her

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am

A thing, a thing I say.

1: What’s your OCs favorite color?

Purple!

2: Where does your OC work?

From home as an Agency member.

3: What’s your OCs favorite food?

If you ask her, she'll say cake. In reality, raccoon - it's meatier than squirrel and has a spice to it.

4: Does your OC prefer paper or plastic?

She brings her own bags!

5: How old is your OC?

Currently, 21.

6: Does your OC have any supernatural powers?

Several as a budding deity.

7: Is your OC in a relationship?

Yes, with Marcus.

8: What are some of your OCs strengths?

Capacity for love, fearlessness, creativity.

9: What are some of your OCs weaknesses?

Naivety, lack of physical strength, doesn't know when to stop being nice to others who probably don't deserve it.

10: What is your OCs favorite outfit?

Her pink sweaterdress that she wears everyday.

11: What animal does your OC relate to?

Dragons, obviously.

12: Is your OC sexually active?

Gio: No way! That is so rude of you to ask! We don't need gross stuff like that in our life, do we Marcus?
Marcus: Of course not, dear... *crying inside*

13: What is your OCs earliest memory?

Sitting at the bottom of the stairs connecting her family's apartment in the Empire to the dance club beneath it, watching all the sparkly people while eating a drippy popsicle. Two friendly ladies talked to her, before her oldest brother came to collect her.

14: Does your OC have a cell phone? If so, what kind?

Yes. It's a magical flip phone with an analogue clock embedded on its surface.

15: What makes your OC angry?

People teasing her, people not listening to her advice, people not respecting innocent things.

16: When is your OCs favorite time of year?

Summer!

17: How long can your OC hold their breath?

A minute.

18: What kind of underwear does your OC wear?

Regular comfortable stuff, nothing fancy.

19: Does your OC prefer plaid or polka dots?

Both, together!

20: What’s your OCs favorite kind of pizza?

Cheese with extra sauce.

21: Who is your OCs best friend?

Willow. She thought about it for a while, and it's pretty much just Willow at this point.

22: Has your OC ever killed someone?

Yes, she's bound to have in the many fights and wars of this place.

23: Whats your OCs biggest secret?

It was her who broke mom's vase, she just blamed it on the neighbor's iguana.

24: What does your OC smell like?

Paper and baby shampoo.

25: What time of year does your OC prefer?

See 16.

26: Is your OC a human or an animal? (or something else idk)

Deity.

27: What languages does your OC speak?

English, Giovenisque, Hadequin, Litchivin, dragon, a little Latin.

28: Does your OC like anime?

If it's cute, like Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat.

29: Can your OC swim?

No.

30: What does your OC choose to do about the, er, hair down there?

She beats you with a purse for asking.

31: Does your OC believe in fairies?

YES!!~~~

32: Did your OC go to college? What did they major in?

No.

33: Are your OCs parents dead?

No.

34: Is your OC religious?

She sort of can't not be.

35: How flexible is your OC?

Very.

36: What turns your OC on?

She beats you with a purse again.

37: What was your OCs first word?

A hissing sound that was dragon for "CONSUME!!!"

38: Does your OC have any pets?

Turtleboss.

39: Who is your OCs biggest enemy?

God-killers.

40: What is the craziest thing your OC has done?

There's too much to pick one at this point.

41: What is your OCs motto about life?

"Spread happiness!"

42: Does your OC drink coffee or tea?

She pours soda in tea cups and pretends it's tea.

43: Who is your OCs biggest hero?

Anyone who helps make the world a little nicer and safer for everyone.

44: What color eyes does your OC have?

Lavender.

45: Does your OC like reading?

If the story has a happy ending.

46: Is your OC loyal?

Very.

47: Does your OC tolerate violence?

No.

48: What social class is your OC from?

Exists outside that system.

49: What country was your OC born in?

None. She was born in a pocket dimension.

50: Does your OC cry easily?

Yes, depending on the situation.

51: What is your OCs favorite genre of music?

Dance music.

52: How does your OC feel about insects?

Cool and crawly.

53: What is your OCs sexual orientation?

Straight.

54: Does your OC smoke?

No.

55: What gender is your OC?

Female.

56: What kind of clothes does your OC wear?

Always her sweaterdress.

57: Would you call your OC adventurous?

Yes, considering how far and wide she's okay with going.

58: Is your OC introverted or extroverted?

Extroverted.

59: What is the first thing that someone would notice about your OC?

Her bright clothes and white hair.

60: Does your OC enjoy nature?

Of course, all kinds.

1: What’s your OCs favorite color?

Black and white put together in a pattern

2: Where does your OC work?

From home; painter/member of Agency.

3: What’s your OCs favorite food?

Red velvet cake.

4: Does your OC prefer paper or plastic?

Paper.

5: How old is your OC?

Currently, 23.

6: Does your OC have any supernatural powers?

Yes, atmokinesis.

7: Is your OC in a relationship?

No.

8: What are some of your OCs strengths?

Determination, loyalty, desire to protect and nurture.

9: What are some of your OCs weaknesses?

Low self-esteem, short patience with the nonsensical, tendency to not take superstition seriously in a very supernatural world.

10: What is your OCs favorite outfit?

Black turtleneck and wristbands. Will add a beret and glasses if the crowd is right.

11: What animal does your OC relate to?

I often say his spirit animal is a Chihuahua. Small and cute on the outside, all the fury of Satan on the inside. Very loving and loyal to friends and family, growls and barks at everyone else

12: Is your OC sexually active?

No; virgin.

13: What is your OCs earliest memory?

Sitting with his father in their living room, peacefully watching the blue glow of a fish tank they no longer have, being calmed by the white noise of the bubble filter and the rain outside.

14: Does your OC have a cell phone? If so, what kind?

No, he doesn't know how to use one and even if he did he couldn't because of his hooves.

15: What makes your OC angry?

He inherited his mother's temper, so quite a bit. Mostly any situation where it feels like he doesn't have a complete grip on things. This can range from someone being dismissive of him, to having trouble with a task, to him facing a situation beyond his scope (like fighting ghosts). This is largely a defense mechanism he developed over a lifetime. Believing in "nonsense," like superstition, New Age woo-woo, and unproven paranormal, is a quick way to earn his ire.

16: When is your OCs favorite time of year?

Autumn.

17: How long can your OC hold their breath?

About 40 seconds.

18: What kind of underwear does your OC wear?

None; pony nudist.

19: Does your OC prefer plaid or polka dots?

Polka dots, of course. Any kind, but preferably splattery ones.

20: What’s your OCs favorite kind of pizza?

Cheese and broccoli.

21: Who is your OCs best friend?

Giovenith.

22: Has your OC ever killed someone?

No, thankfully.

23: Whats your OCs biggest secret?

That he still really hasn't dealt with self-esteem problems and suffers from the same issues he did in childhood, he just now buries them. It's a secret even to himself, really.

24: What does your OC smell like?

Black Ice shampoo.

25: What time of year does your OC prefer?

Same as 16.

26: Is your OC a human or an animal? (or something else idk)

"Animal," a pony, but he'd point out that humans are animals too.

27: What languages does your OC speak?

Technically, Modern Ponish. It just so happens to sound almost exactly the same as Modern English.

28: Does your OC like anime?

He doesn't know what it is. If he did though, probably not, at least not the vast majority. He'd like the more artistic and experimental pieces, but would probably lose patience with high schoolers, fight scenes, and sex appeal very quickly.

29: Can your OC swim?

Yes.

30: What does your OC choose to do about the, er, hair down there?

He chooses to punch you for asking.

31: Does your OC believe in fairies?

Hell no.

32: Did your OC go to college? What did they major in?

He didn't. He was one of the very lucky few that managed to get an art career straight out of high school.

33: Are your OCs parents dead?

No.

34: Is your OC religious?

Yes, though not in the same way most people would be. Princess Celestia definitively exists.

35: How flexible is your OC?

Depends on the situation. He can adapt easily in some, but stubbornly stands his ground in others.

36: What turns your OC on?

None of your business.

Nylons, though.

37: What was your OCs first word?

"Ma!"

38: Does your OC have any pets?

Currently, Kerouac. He claims to not plan on keeping him, but he's growing attached to the little guy.

39: Who is your OCs biggest enemy?

Toola Roola.

40: What is the craziest thing your OC has done?

Living in the Building, anything said here will probably be topped in a week, so pass.

41: What is your OCs motto about life?

"Keep hope."

42: Does your OC drink coffee or tea?

Coffee, black.

43: Who is your OCs biggest hero?

Wassily Kandinsky, or at least his pony equivalent.

44: What color eyes does your OC have?

Blue.

45: Does your OC like reading?

Sometimes, depending on the book.

46: Is your OC loyal?

Very.

47: Does your OC tolerate violence?

Depends on the situation, mostly whether or not he's the one perpetrating it.

48: What social class is your OC from?

Upper middle class. His family isn't rich per say, but with a professional athlete for a mother and a father who was college friends with several other professional athletes and other prominent figures, they were very well off and had a good deal of exclusive connections.

49: What country was your OC born in?

Equestria.

50: Does your OC cry easily?

He used to. Now he just cries easily on the inside.

51: What is your OCs favorite genre of music?

Jazz.

52: How does your OC feel about insects?

Fine as long as they stay out of his house.

53: What is your OCs sexual orientation?

Straight.

54: Does your OC smoke?

No. He tried it once, made him feel sick.

55: What gender is your OC?

Male.

56: What kind of clothes does your OC wear?

Rarely anything that isn't simple and black.

57: Would you call your OC adventurous?

No. Not scared of adventure, just prefers to stay inside.

58: Is your OC introverted or extroverted?

Introverted.

59: What is the first thing that someone would notice about your OC?

If not the fact that he's a pony, then all the grey and black.

60: Does your OC enjoy nature?

If it's a well kept garden or backyard, sure. Your average forest needs to be defeated with bug spray and sweeping.
she/her

Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:33 pm

#PLAPP
P E R S O N I F I C A T I O NL I F E,
T H EU N I V E R S E,&E V E R Y T H I N G

C H A R A C T E RA P P L I C A T I O N

P E R S O N A L
CHARACTER'S FIRST NAME: Alerraze (Shortened as "Ali") (Nicknamed "The Sword-Dancer" by his compatriot Legionaries)

CHARACTER'S SURNAME: Marinos

SPECIES: Human

DESCRIBE CHARACTER APPEARANCE: Alerraze has a rather remarkably average, rugged Theridonan appearance for a man born to non-Theridonan parents. He has skin comparatively olive in color to mainland citizens, stands a bit above average at 5' 7'', and has a lean, muscular physique overall. He has medium-length jet black hair that's kept messy and unkempt in appearance, a medium-short, thick beard and mustache, and somewhat thin eyebrows. His eyes are somewhat wide and oval in shape, with a strong amber hue; his right eye rests lazily. He has an "eagle nose", as is usual for most ethnic Theridonans and some ethnic new worlders. His lips are of a medium thickness and darker than his skin, and his cheeks are indented. Some small, dark moles and other imperfections, like wrinkles around his lips and forehead, dot his face.

URL TO PICTURE, IF ANY: N/A

CURRENT OCCUPATION: Colonial Legionary Swordsman/sorcerer

DESIRED POSITION WITHIN THE AGENCY: Any role requiring combat and magic, and/or an additional supportive engineering role

E D U C A T I O N&T R A I N I N G
LOCATION: Fortress Aparazos, Farazata Region, Nuovae Eterridone (New Theridona)
AREA OF STUDY: Legionary Combat, Engineering, and Survival Training and Drilling
YEARS: Five years

LOCATION: Ofisere Magni Haruve's School of Sorcery, Kapakos City, Farazata Region, Nueovae Eterridone (two years); Fortress Aparazos, Farazata Region, Nuovae Eterridone (Five years)
AREA OF STUDY: Sorcery training
YEARS: Seven years (five in concert with the Legionary training)

B A C K G R O U N D&P S Y C H O L O G Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section.

BIOGRAPHY (written in first person): "Well, what is there to say about myself? Not much that is good, I fear; I was born embracing the same black cloth that haunted my family for generations. My father was an immigrant to our beloved Imperial colony, born in some meager foreign hellhole north of the Empire's reach that he would surely have died in had he lived there a year longer. I am not sure where, as we never talked about it. He, seeking the opportunity of a better life and citizenship, enlisted in the legions, where he became an auxiliary armed with a musket. Funny how that turned out; he expected some cozy life on the frontier, and instead found himself caught in a war between the Empire and some confederation of new world nations. Unlike us, they knew the jungle for generations; we were foreigners, invaders from a distant land who had barely been there in any meaningful way for the past hundred years. Before then, we had some trading outposts, influenced a few tribal and national wars on that continent, but did nothing major until others sought what we had found.

Anyway, as I was saying: his legion, the Fifth Colonial - the Red Legion, that is - lasted barely a year out there, combatting the natural dangers of carnivorous plant life, diseases that killed dozens during outbreaks, and, of course, dragons. Dragons! Big, beautiful things covered in feathers and a myriad of colors, and deadly all the same. I remember seeing a few in my time there, none too close to be a danger though. All that, though, and the general threat of ambushes and the like, was too much, and he ended up coming home after receiving some nasty wounds that nearly killed him. My mother said he was never the same after that, according to all he had told her. He at least stayed on his feet thanks to her and his pension from the Imperial government, allowing him to retire to some countryside and farm the very same land I have lived for most my life.

Now, my mother - she came from a family that had been slaves for at least a couple of generations until the plantation master's only son freed them after his death. A courteous old man who I sadly never got to meet; I would have loved to thank him for that. Like their ancestors before them, who came from a land the Empire had not too long ago conquered, her parents and their families became pastoral vagabonds herding goats and sheep on the frontier, as a way to return to their roots. My mother was but a baby then, but knew this life well into her late teens, until she and her family came across my father one day. As luck would have it, this was when he was still serving the Empire, and when he had been wounded. As they told it, it was their fates to meet. I'm not one fond of the Gods, personally, but it could not have been anything but that, I believe. Anyway, her family had found her on the bank of a river, clinging on to a sturdy tree-root and struggling in vain to get onto land; he was lucky in that no prowling beast lurking below those waters hungered while he was there. They pulled him ashore, nursed him to health over a couple of months, and brought him to the nearest city so he could report to the local garrison commander. He was relieved of duty and discharged, as he was no longer fit for service due to his wounds. As the commander put it, according to my father's recounting, 'take this as a blessing that you are alive, my friend. Very few from your legion survived.' All I know of that is that nearly ten thousand men and women perished somewhere in the jungle, and no one says - or maybe even knows - why.

After that had all happened, and with my mother and father both incredibly infatuated with each other, they both went eastward and settled on the fertile frontier countryside, near enough to where her family could still visit and to the coast, if they ever had the money to travel to the homeland. In marriage, my father took up my mother's name, Marinos, as was the traditional way for foreign-born men married to Imperial women. Before me, they had two children, my horrid brother, Loros, and my lovely, beautiful sister, Zana. After me, my sweet little sister, Stazia, and none more. Being 'mixed-breeds', as locals put it, and worse the offspring of a new world native man and a dark woman with pastoral ancestral roots in the homeland, we were seen as savage monsters rather than human. One would think, with the world's actual monsters and beastly men, like the elves and dwarves, we would be a welcome sight. Man's ignorance knows no bounds, tragically. Being fairer-skinned than my siblings, I was less ostracized in our community for that but at the same time a recipient of much of their own bitter scorn and envy for which I do not blame them. No, my true struggle came when I was discovered to be able to control magic, a feat that has grown to be as disgusting to half the Empire as skin color, species, or even the Empire itself. Luckily enough, or perhaps tragically enough, depending on how you see things, none else in my family had my 'gift'.

At home, I learned some skills that I have come to much appreciate. Because my father had his pension, and because technology at that time had been rapidly growing as fast as my childhood mind and body did, I was able to get books and become well-read. It was mostly thanks to him, of course; he was well-read himself, being trained in the Legion, and he saw the importance of it to myself and my siblings - it was so important to him that he even read to us before night. Because we owned decent frontier land, we had horses, and I became accustomed to riding. Mostly, though, in my time before the Legions, before the Sorceror's School, I just knew farming. It was simple enough, and I was overall content with it, barring the harshness of my community.

Although I was a disgrace to my community, I was beloved by the Imperial Magistrares, the Insiatares, and most importantly, the Legionary Ofiseres. As the Insiatare I was first acquainted with said, 'your birth, like all with our gifts, was twenty percent chance, thirty percent humanity, and fifty percent the Gods themselves.' To him, my disgrace to the community was a blessing, not a curse, seeing as we are supposedly the children of the Gods. More than half the Imperial population, and indeed the human population worldwide, is born the same as I. Regardless, I was important to the Empire and to the Emperor, so they - with my parents' blessings - took me to the Sorceror's School in Kapakos, ruled over by the Ofisere Magni, Haruve Demartos te Kapakos. I take pride in having been under his tutelage for those two years; he taught well, even to the point where we were literate - something rural children had not the luxury of - and he respected the children as his equals. He was courteous, respectable, and above all else, caring. I took much of my own mannerisms after him, in fact. Hence, departing later on to Fortress Aparazos was a bittersweet, yet necessary moment in my life. I did visit him on occasion while on leave from my Legionary duties.

When I departed to Fortress Aparazos, along with two scores of Demartos' students, I was permitted the opportunity to go to my family for a day and give them my farewells. It was happy, mostly, especially as old aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews, and my mothers' parents were all there, having been informed weeks earlier I would be back. My brother, Loros, had left a year before to try and make his way through life in another city. He had not been around since; if he is not dead now, he is due to be soon. Regardless, the rest of my family celebrated my coming-of-age, mostly with drinks and a marvelous party. Among other things, I found out two of my cousins were also becoming Legionaries; one had already enlisted, and the other was due to soon. They were both to join the Eighth in Aparazos. Not one of us thought much of it, seeing as we had no war in years. As the party died down, I bade most of my family farewell, with warm embraces and familiar kisses as I was accustomed to by their vagabond cultural style. I had one night left with my parents and my sisters, alone now, and we spent it well enough. It was talking, mostly, until night came; Zana and I spent the dark hours outside, enjoying the cool air and reminiscing our childhood. The night with her, as any day with her was, as anyone who has met her can attest, was lovely, sweet, and full of happiness of all kinds. It was special in a way precious few can understand. I'll never forget it myself.

I left in the morning and had arrived at the Fortress a day later, on a locomotive. It was a marvelous creation of man, rivaling any homeland structure in its magnificence and scale; it sat upon a mountain, surrounded by three walls of beautiful, thick white stone in a modern star-like pattern. Hundreds of cannons and modern guns, howitzers, and mortars lined every wall, jutting outwardly and fiercely like the teeth of a dragon. Billowing plumes of grayish-black smoke rolled away past numerous lazily-drifting airships into the Heavens from the numerous arms and munitions factories buried deep inside, reaching up like the souls of the saved. I had no envy for any who thought they could pierce the heart of that creature. Thousands of men garrisoned the structure, from aging, experienced Ofiseres to battle-hardened Legionaries who'd fought for years across the frontier, to young, starry-eyed, patriotic conscripts like myself. This, for five years, was home now, and I delighted in it.

The overwhelming majority of the trainees were simply taught in the way of the musket, the rifle, or the hand grenade, it being the new way of war in the Empire after a military reformation some three years prior. I was in awe at the sight, as I was at the sight of the cannonade - from all I knew of war, from my father's seldom-spoken tales, the sword and shield dominated. Now, bayonet and bullet ruled. Because of that, the Legions swelled to a size so large any outsider would have supposed that the entirety of the Empire was at war altogether. We could have ruled the world with such newfound might. Indeed, that is what we did, in a way, during my first year as an official Legionary, in our blazing march through the eastern and southern jungles of the new world. We were masters of war, unmatched by all, dominant through thousands of years of tradition, strength, and growth. The Gods, it was said, fortuned us in our journey to rule all they blessed.

Not everything was to our blessing, however.

The last memory I remember before having arrived here was simple enough; I had just rejoined my Legion after a month's leave home, where I had made a few more lovely, cherished memories with my family - my sister Zana especially - and we were sent off to put down a local rebellion. It would be another bird-shoot, we surmised. We had become too complacent of our surroundings and too sure of ourselves - after all, who would not think such when they are the master of war? I was marching alongside a couple of young, fresh faces, with my sword sheathed, my pistol holstered on my chest, and my buckler fastened to my belt. We were laughing about something, I do not remember what; I remember that a sudden thunder rippled through the dense woods, and the man to my right fell dead. 'Ambush!' someone ahead shouted, 'ambush!' We moved into battle formations, and to both my left and right I could hear the shouting of orders and volley fire from the many musket-armed regiments and from my front and behind I heard whooping, war cries, and disorganized but accurate musket fire. Some faster volleys of new bolt-actions and revolvers, like my own, echoed in between those scattered shots. The enemy's charge came soon after our second volley into the thicket of woods; hundreds of men from each regiment were caught between war parties gleefully charging out of both sides of jungle along the trail with hatchets, clubs, and muskets, and began their slaughter. We fought fiercely, but they had the numbers that we lacked and the freedom of movement we lost. My own regiment's formation had become broken after we appeared to receive the particular brunt of it. I was caught up in a melee with some hatchet-armed warrior screaming in my face as I pierced his belly with my blade, and before I could move to help another of my own, I felt a hard blow against the back of my head, then-exposed for I marched with my helmet off, and I saw darkness - the last thing I remember."

WHAT IS THE CHARACTER'S GREATEST STRENGTH AS AN INDIVIDUAL: His courage in the face of danger and impossible odds, his generosity to his companions, and his dedication to accomplishing a task.

WHAT IS THE CHARACTER'S GREATEST FLAW: His general fear of failure, his uncertainty in the face of strangers and the unknown, his ingrained speciesism, his ardent nationalism, and his general sense of ostracization from years of childhood hardships.

O B J E C T I V E S

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Support Demen's Chosen in their overall mission on Gallimafry, then try and find a way back home after all is done.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: If a way home is lost or impossible, settle down on Gallimafry and live a new life.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Learn about the world of Gallimafry and all its wonders, and bring the newfound knowledge home if possible.

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Build friendships and relationships with the other Chosen during his time there.

M U N D A N ES K I L L S

SKILL: Reading and writing
HOW DID CHARACTER ACQUIRE IT: Taught by his father

SKILL: Farming
HOW DID CHARACTER ACQUIRE IT: Being born on a farm and working on it in his childhood

SKILL: Horse Riding
HOW DID CHARACTER ACQUIRE IT: Self-taught thanks to having a family-owned horse

SKILL: Cooking
HOW DID CHARACTER ACQUIRE IT: Taught by his mother

S P E C I A L I Z E DK N O W L E D G E,S K I L LO RT A L E N T / A B I L I T Y
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 10 total points to spend, no knowledge, skill or ability greater than 4.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Weapon Skills - sword and buckler
POINTS SPENT: Three (3)
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Five years of training as a Legionary
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: In close-quarters combat, either individually or as a unit
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: close-quarters only

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Weapon Skills - single-action revolver
POINTS SPENT: Two (2)
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Five years of training as a Legionary
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: Used in close-range combat, as a sidearm against groups of enemies
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Limited ammunition, single-action, diminished efficiency at range

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: General
POINTS SPENT: Three (3)
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Birth, Sorceror's School, and five years of training as a Legionary
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: Applied both offensively and defensively; can cast various things, from fireballs to magical shields; can be crudely replenished through blood sacrifices
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Requires spirit-based energy from the world for best effect, with significant weakening without it; blood magic is particularly finicky and can be deadly.

KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: Survival training
POINTS SPENT: Two (2)
HOW DID YOU ACQUIRE IT: Rural living, familial teachings, and five years of training as a Legionary
WHAT DOES IT DO/HOW IS IT APPLIED: In situations of isolation in the wilderness
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Lacks society's commodities, making living overall harder

M A G I CO RF O R C EU S E R S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 10 total points to spend total, no single spell or ability greater than 4. Magic users MUST have specialized knowledge in order to use these; that knowledge MUST correlate appropriately.

SPELL/FORCE ABILITY: Cast Fire/Firestream
POWER LEVEL: 4
WHAT DOES IT DO: Casts a stream of fire of varied strength, depending on current magic energy levels (or blood magic use)
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN IT BE USED: Once every five minutes or less, depending on the strength of the stream
WHAT COMPONENTS DOES IT NEED: Spiritual energy or blood sacrifice
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: Water, Ice, and a lack of energy
WHAT DOES IT COST THE CHARACTER, MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY: Accumulative light-to-medium physical and mental deterioration from blood sacrifices, some physical weakness from general use with spiritual energy
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Requires concentration to cast and maintain, can only last for roughly five seconds at its strongest and up to five minutes or more at its weakest

SPELL/FORCE ABILITY: Magic Shielding
WHAT DOES IT DO: Creates either a simple deflective shield around the user or a deflective bubble around the user and nearby bystanders
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN IT BE USED: Once every five minutes or less, depending on the strength of the shield
WHAT COMPONENTS DOES IT NEED: Spiritual energy or blood sacrifice
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: Blunt, piercing, or slashing damage immediately negates it, but repulses the source of the damage; fire damage over time negates it
WHAT DOES IT COST THE CHARACTER, MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY: Accumulative medium physical and mental deterioration from blood sacrifices, physical weakness from general use with spiritual energy for shields protecting multiple people, and physical exhaustion for casting the largest shields
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Can only be used on its own, requires a waiting period for larger shields, and requires concentration to cast, but not to maintain (except for larger shields)

M A G I C A LI T E M S
Please refer to application instructions regarding this section. You have 8 total points to spend total, no single item greater than 4.

ITEM: Magic-enhanced armor
SPELL/ABILITY: Runes providing protections from various types of magic
WHAT DOES IT DO: Protects rudimentarily against magic-based fire, ice, and other offensive magic capabilities
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN IT BE USED: Actively defends; requires energy input to reactivate after all stored energy is drained from the runes
WHAT COMPONENTS DOES IT NEED: Runes, energy, and heavy steel armor
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: An overflow of magic draining the energy stored in runes and countering their protective capabilities
WHAT DOES IT COST THE CHARACTER, MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY: The armor is heavier than others would be, allowing for more protection at the cost of reduced endurance
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Mass is needed for the best effect, energy drains more quickly the more that magic is used against the armor, and blood magic creates inconsistent amounts and types of protection

ITEM: Magic-enhanced steel hand-and-a-half sword
SPELL/ABILITY: Runes for ignition
WHAT DOES IT DO: Can cause combustion
HOW FREQUENTLY CAN IT BE USED: Actively in use; drains with frequent usage and requires energy input often
WHAT COMPONENTS DOES IT NEED: Runes, energy, and the sword
WHAT COUNTERS/NEGATES IT: Magic shielding, ice, and water
WHAT DOES IT COST THE CHARACTER, MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY: Nothing
WHAT RESTRICTIONS APPLY: Mass is needed for the best effect, energy drains more quickly the more that magic is used by the sword, and blood magic creates inconsistent amounts of ignition

P E R S O N A LI T E M S
  1. Uniform of red coat, red pants, white undershirt, red vest, and black boots with white gaiters
  2. Some old books
  3. A necklace with religious symbols

E Q U I P M E N T
  1. Buckler
  2. single-action black powder revolver
  3. rucksack with tools, food, and utensils

O T H E RG A M EM E C H A N I C S

URL TO APARTMENT INTERIOR: Here

ONE PARAGRAPH THAT SUMS UP YOUR CHARACTER. THIS WILL APPEAR ON THE OOC FIRST PAGE: Alerraze Marinos de Farazata, The Sword-Dancer, was born the third child to two rural peasants, one born a slave and the other a broken war veteran. The magic-capable man grew up enduring the various trials and tribulations of a broken, volatile world rife with warfare, plagues, and general horrors that'd break even the most steadfast. He did not escape his childhood without scars, and he did not endure his own journey down the warpath without pains. At home, he would be one of many thousands whose stories went untold, being nothing more than a peasant himself at birth and a soldier in death. On Gallimafry, however, there was yet hope for the warrior plagued by his own personal horrors and his gift of magic.

P L A Y E RI N F O R M A T I O N

YOUR NICKNAME ON NS: Torr
YOUR EXPERIENCE LEVEL (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate-Advanced
HOW OFTEN CAN YOU POST: Hopefully once a day to once a week, if not sooner
LINK TO RP EXAMPLES (YOUR IC POST, NOT THE RP ITSELF). IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LINK, WE'LL ASSESS YOU BASED ON YOUR CHARACTER'S BIOGRAPHY.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They call me Torra, but you can call me... anytime (☞⌐■_■)☞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTICE 1: Anything depicted IC on this nation does NOT reflect my IRL views or values, and is not endorsed by me.
NOTICE 2: Most RP and every OOC post by me prior to 2023 are no longer endorsed nor tolerated by me. I've since put on my adult pants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:12 am

Psst... anyone up for...

Z̬̻A̮͇L̥̟̺̙͕ͅGO̯̹F̮͔̭͔̤̟E̝̩͕ͅS̳̖̠T!̟͇

★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:41 pm

^_^
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Ja!
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:07 pm

The Truculent Madhouse Update:

We are BACK IN THE HOUSE! Fuck, it took forever to have inspections signed off. Bedrooms are set up now. Kitchen needs restocking but, hey, we have eggs and toast. Everything else should come out of storage by mid-week.

Thank you all for your extreme patience during this horrible ordeal. I've survived Michigan blizzards, Japanese Tsunami, and California earthquake - but NEVER have I experienced the absolute inefficiency that is government until now. Our return was hampered by a lack of federal aid for our immediate area, and brutally coupled with having to make nearly all repairs on our own dime (offset slightly by insurance). Every trying to rebuild at once with not enough contractors and construction crews to cover everything.

The return to normalcy comes with a price. Swith and I need to ease into free-time activities. The priority is getting the family settled again and, of course, getting our daughter back into routine. Summer makes it easier now that school is out.

I believe we gained a valuable lesson this year. We are all so committed to our technologically enhanced lifestyles. It's hard to divorce oneself from the comfort of the internet, instantaneous communication with friends and loved ones, and creature comforts brought by microwaves, full sized refrigerators, and large ovens. We have also learned that family is more precious than possessions and status. Without family, we are all poor souls adrift in an uncaring world.

Thank you, Madhouse and PL family, for supporting us via telegrams, PM, and other means. Though we could not readily access the internet to find your kind words, we are overwhelmed by them tonight. Swith and I love each and every one of you.

Cer

Holy shit! I've forgotten how to format NS posts. HAAAAAAAAA my life sucks now.

Can someone catch me up on the IC? I can work on a Zalgo this week to post this coming weekend. TY

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:33 pm

I learn that lesson every time I forget my phone while at work and wind up having to do basic addition and subtraction on paper with my own brain like some backwards Medieval heathen.

Good to have you back.

The Belas, Maghrl, Nick, and Meritari are on a mission through Star Wars land to translate ancient texts and rescue some droids. Brit, Sterling, and Willow are taking a trip through a WWII-esque representation of Brit's mind and the pones have been turned human. Reserved, but good stuff.
she/her

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:00 pm

she/her

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Is it possible to be a mother-heccing JoJo reference?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 pm

Danceria wrote:Is it possible to be a mother-heccing JoJo reference?

I don't believe Jojo has been claimed yet. What did you have in mind?
she/her

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Danceria wrote:Is it possible to be a mother-heccing JoJo reference?

I might spin on things. But not sure how to use a Stand. Somebody from the mid 20th century motorbike rider.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:18 pm

Danceria wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I might spin on things. But not sure how to use a Stand. Somebody from the mid 20th century motorbike rider.

Holy Lykos knows a lot about Jojo, they might be able to help you see if what you have will fit with us. I'll get them over.
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse