NATION

PASSWORD

Mass Effect Factions: Endless [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 07, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:36 pm

Rygondria wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
It's a fancy way of saying "every second turn, the Machine gains +50% Research Points output".

Personally, I would be interested to see you RP out the coup. But I won't force you to do so.

Alright i will rp it out, might be result in Anderson being either executed or exiled though.

What is the ideology of the conspirators?

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:37 pm

So, who wants to team up and wipe out the synthetics of the galaxy? They seem to be multiplying...
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Segmentia wrote:So, who wants to team up and wipe out the synthetics of the galaxy? They seem to be multiplying...

Next stop: Asari Genophage ;)
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Segmentia wrote:So, who wants to team up and wipe out the synthetics of the galaxy? They seem to be multiplying...

At least we'll last long enough to have revenge.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Question, under what title would corporate security be under on the unit page of the IC? I want to know because the only army the conglomerate has is a corporate security force.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Segmentia wrote:

At least we'll last long enough to have revenge.

Actually, you could probably get away with that type of crusade. With the Dawn Machine and the AI's of the Core Union knocking about, sentient machines are getting positively uppity.

Shark isle wrote:Question, under what title would corporate security be under on the unit page of the IC? I want to know because the only army the conglomerate has is a corporate security force.

Probably Loki Mechs, or you can always just say you have Militia that get spread around as needed.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:45 pm

Pff, silly synths and organics assuming they are so special. Cyborgs is the true future.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:46 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Actually, you could probably get away with that type of crusade. With the Dawn Machine and the AI's of the Core Union knocking about, sentient machines are getting positively uppity.

And it shouldn't be to difficult to get support either, seeing as how a synthetic faction just tried to wipe out the galaxy and all...

Of course the Geth god-tier armada is just that ;)

Shark isle wrote:Question, under what title would corporate security be under on the unit page of the IC? I want to know because the only army the conglomerate has is a corporate security force.

Probably Loki Mechs, or you can always just say you have Militia that get spread around as needed.

Could go with infantry or maybe marines? Say it hires veterans of the war?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:47 pm

Segmentia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Actually, you could probably get away with that type of crusade. With the Dawn Machine and the AI's of the Core Union knocking about, sentient machines are getting positively uppity.

And it shouldn't be to difficult to get support either, seeing as how a synthetic faction just tried to wipe out the galaxy and all...

Of course the Geth god-tier armada is just that ;)

Could go with infantry or maybe marines? Say it hires veterans of the war?

But Iyam full of peace. I'm even researching techs to make trade with the Consensus lucrative for all!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:53 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Illium's main issues would be it's rather extensive use of mechs, which could easily be jacked by the Reapers, so they'd all be gone. Most of the milita would be gone too, either having deserted or been slaughtered by the mechs.

A good half of it's non-dreadnought/battlecruiser fleets are probably gone, again having deserted or been killed by Reapers, but Illium kept it's heaviest ships in a 'fire brigade' to use for when they actually had a chance to counter-attack, so they'd probably still be alive.

I think that works for military rebalancing. Any thoughts on the economics, although Illium itself wasn't (IIRC) that high of a priority target for the Reapers, and went about as well as in canon for them?

If you have a desire to do so, I would simply subtract some of your Garden Worlds, and halve your fleet as you wish.

Halve the fleet to represent Reaper War damages.

As for the planets, I came up with an interesting idea for a con related to them:

Bought Allegiance: Illium's territories are not a nation-state, but rather ads privately-owned by companies merged into a single colossal cartel. During the Reaper War, these companies left only minimal garrisons on these possessions, and many were devastated during the Reaper War while Illium concentrated all it's might on defending itself and local area. These planets must be resettled and have their infrastructure restored before they can be of any use. All non-Crecent Nebula planets and stations controlled by Illium produce no income for two months, after which income from them starts at 30% of total infrastructure + natural value, increasing to 60% in month four, 90% in month 5 and 100% in month 6.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:57 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
The Dawn Machine

Great, makes me want to play Sunless Sea
Also, in the words of my ship captain "under the Zee"

THE SUN! THE SUN! THE SUN!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:That looks good to me, Burning, though now that I think about it having a Mining Station orbiting the star is a bit odd. We'll probably have to nix that particular bit of your perk, but if you edit that out you look good to go.

Buuuuuuuuuutttt

it's supposed to be harvesting the star!
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:18 pm

North America Inc wrote:

Pff, silly synths and organics assuming they are so special. Cyborgs is the true future.

All the strengths and none of the weaknesses?

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Maybe I will use a unit of Loki Mechs and a unit of infantry. Now how do I spread those units across the planet of Noveria?

Ironsbad
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:20 pm

Shark isle wrote:Maybe I will use a unit of Loki Mechs and a unit of infantry. Now how do I spread those units across the planet of Noveria?

Mechanics wise they will automatically be spread across the planet.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:24 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:That looks good to me, Burning, though now that I think about it having a Mining Station orbiting the star is a bit odd. We'll probably have to nix that particular bit of your perk, but if you edit that out you look good to go.

Buuuuuuuuuutttt

Oh, I get the concept. But stellar lifting really isn't on the initial tech window.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Shark isle wrote:Maybe I will use a unit of Loki Mechs and a unit of infantry. Now how do I spread those units across the planet of Noveria?

Pssst LOKI Mech are retardedly easy and cheap to upgrade.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Versail
Negotiator

Founded: May 21, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Versail » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 pm

Perhaps, it depends on show if the geth helped the omega nebula communists or not.
What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, Whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or in the holy name of liberty or democracy?~ Gandhi.
http://freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/2499

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:Buuuuuuuuuutttt

Oh, I get the concept. But stellar lifting really isn't on the initial tech window.

Alright, fine. I suppose it would be overpowered to stack infinite Mining stations onto the star anyway.

I'll also add more planets to my home system, since right now it's just a planet and a moon.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:46 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

Alright, fine. I suppose it would be overpowered to stack infinite Mining stations onto the star anyway.

I'll also add more planets to my home system, since right now it's just a planet and a moon.

Hey did you see the questions I posted for you?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:47 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

Sure- keep it mainly barren though. Also, you do know you can't infinitely stack any orbital improvements, no?

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:53 pm

North America Inc wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Alright, fine. I suppose it would be overpowered to stack infinite Mining stations onto the star anyway.

Hey did you see the questions I posted for you?

Sorry, I missed those.

Yes, if someone asks ICly. Otherwise it will be vaguely hinted at.

Yes. Kind of, anyway. It deactivated itself in a previous Reaper harvest, but it didn't plan on staying that way until right before the most recent one.

A lot. Canonically, the research bonus for my faction is literally just it yelling me bits and pieces of information. Similarly, it knows enough to be able to terraform worlds to a great extent.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North America Inc
Powerbroker

Capitalizt

Postby North America Inc » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:57 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North America Inc wrote:Hey did you see the questions I posted for you?

Sorry, I missed those.

Yes. Kind of, anyway. It deactivated itself in a previous Reaper harvest, but it didn't plan on staying that way until right before the most recent one.

A lot. Canonically, the research bonus for my faction is literally just it yelling me bits and pieces of information. Similarly, it knows enough to be able to terraform worlds to a great extent.

What is a lot for you in terms in tech differences? How will this effect things in battle?

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:01 pm

North America Inc wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Sorry, I missed those.

What is a lot for you in terms in tech differences? How will this effect things in battle?

Like Prothean level a lot(keep in a mind I've never played ME). It shouldn't be that big a deal, as the Machine itself is not a warship, and it's not very willing to share its secrets. To it, after all, the humans it controls are little more than cogs in all machine, not worthy of being uplifted.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:14 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North America Inc wrote:What is a lot for you in terms in tech differences? How will this effect things in battle?

Like Prothean level a lot(keep in a mind I've never played ME). It shouldn't be that big a deal, as the Machine itself is not a warship, and it's not very willing to share its secrets. To it, after all, the humans it controls are little more than cogs in all machine, not worthy of being uplifted.

Hmm, we should probably say the Machine is as advanced as the Protheans only in certain areas (say, it's construction), but deficient to the galaxy at large in others. To ensure it starts on a fairly even footing with most factions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse