NATION

PASSWORD

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust
She who will delve in the dark to let those sleep in comfort

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:Taking a moment to nod and briefly smile at the hapless creature, she took up a cane resting near the door and peaked through the little viewing-glass embedded into the wood. As expected, Amber was rather conspicuously walking up the streets toward them, accompanied by a two girls - neither particularly intimidating or even capable-looking in any way. She stepped back and gently shoved Aura out of view as Amber shouted, waited a few seconds, and opened the door.

"Why yes, I am, funnily enough. What brings you..." Pausing, Violet raked her eyes over each of the strangers in turn. "...here?"
"good to see you, though we already met today," Amber said in a cordial fashion, "I actually was hoping you would prove me wrong on something." She looked towards the queen of the underworld. She took out from her pocket the vial. The vial was a deep crimson as if it was dipped blood. "is it... is it what I hope it isn't?" She winced her head away and removed the stopper. The smell erupted outward and assaulted Violet's senses.

Sam watched Violet, as they came and met her, and his gaze remained cold and steady as he examined her and everything around her. However, his gaze did wander a little bit as he smelled the vial. It was a horrible, pungent smell, not at all like blood. He immediately covered his nose and waited to see Violet's reaction. This would be interesting.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:20 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:Taking a moment to nod and briefly smile at the hapless creature, she took up a cane resting near the door and peaked through the little viewing-glass embedded into the wood. As expected, Amber was rather conspicuously walking up the streets toward them, accompanied by a two girls - neither particularly intimidating or even capable-looking in any way. She stepped back and gently shoved Aura out of view as Amber shouted, waited a few seconds, and opened the door.

"Why yes, I am, funnily enough. What brings you..." Pausing, Violet raked her eyes over each of the strangers in turn. "...here?"
"good to see you, though we already met today," Amber said in a cordial fashion, "I actually was hoping you would prove me wrong on something." She looked towards the queen of the underworld. She took out from her pocket the vial. The vial was a deep crimson as if it was dipped blood. "is it... is it what I hope it isn't?" She winced her head away and removed the stopper. The smell erupted outward and assaulted Violet's senses.

Rather than stagger back and cover her mouth in disgust, Violet merely crinkled her nose and looked to the side, preferring to express her distaste in a way more critical of Amber's indiscretion. She glared at the small vial out of the corner of her eye - of course she recognized it, being who she was, but she was reluctant to so openly reveal her magical experiments in front of the unknown quantity that were Amber's companions.

"Please tell me you didn't drink that." Her voice, full of feigned exasperation, suggested a sense of weary resignation. There wasn't really any way to refuse such a direct appeal, after all. "Although I will assure you I have no direct experience with that foul substance, I know...enough to say that it is demon blood." A blatant lie, of course. But Amber already knew better, and the deniability gained was infinitely more valuable than a single insignificant lie.

"Extremely potent," she continued, "yet rare, and, of course, highly valuable in certain areas. Not that I would know which ones. Technically." She glanced at Amber and raised an eyebrow. Most likely, her counterpart had come in seek of help determining the vial's source. If only she could have been more discreet, as is usual...

"Anyway, how could you have come upon such a thing?" she said. "From whom did you seize it?"
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:
Saleon wrote:"good to see you, though we already met today," Amber said in a cordial fashion, "I actually was hoping you would prove me wrong on something." She looked towards the queen of the underworld. She took out from her pocket the vial. The vial was a deep crimson as if it was dipped blood. "is it... is it what I hope it isn't?" She winced her head away and removed the stopper. The smell erupted outward and assaulted Violet's senses.

Rather than stagger back and cover her mouth in disgust, Violet merely crinkled her nose and looked to the side, preferring to express her distaste in a way more critical of Amber's indiscretion. She glared at the small vial out of the corner of her eye - of course she recognized it, being who she was, but she was reluctant to so openly reveal her magical experiments in front of the unknown quantity that were Amber's companions.

"Please tell me you didn't drink that." Her voice, full of feigned exasperation, suggested a sense of weary resignation. There wasn't really any way to refuse such a direct appeal, after all. "Although I will assure you I have no direct experience with that foul substance, I know...enough to say that it is demon blood." A blatant lie, of course. But Amber already knew better, and the deniability gained was infinitely more valuable than a single insignificant lie.

"Extremely potent," she continued, "yet rare, and, of course, highly valuable in certain areas. Not that I would know which ones. Technically." She glanced at Amber and raised an eyebrow. Most likely, her counterpart had come in seek of help determining the vial's source. If only she could have been more discreet, as is usual...

"Anyway, how could you have come upon such a thing?" she said. "From whom did you seize it?"
Amber already knew that Violet was lying through a good portion of her response. "I was hoping you would tell me it wasn't demon's blood," she sighed, putting the cap back on the vial. She had a look of resignation and annoyance that seemed as if she wanted to punch a dent into the wall of Violet's house, just to get out her anger.

"Demon's blood," Amber added, telling the group, "is not used for black magic, though it could be. It is too powerful and likely to backfire. The important thing for us, is that when consumed, demon's blood can push the body beyond human capabilities. With this stuff, a squirrel could kill a grizzly bear." She shuffled her feet backward, before turning around, "and it has degenerative effects of destroying your mind and driving you insane."

"so the fact the killer left this, merely shows us that we are in for a horrible night," she moaned in distress.

At this point, a police office, young lad, came in as directed. He handed her a file. "you asked for a list of missing persons?" He took an overly passionate salute, trying his very best to seem like an impassioned police officer. It was the kind of devotion that new initiates to the force tend to elicit.

"Thank you," she said, lifting open the papers from the folders and looking at each person on the list. It also included a list of heights and body builds. While Noble was not available, the boys in the station could at least get a rough estimate of the physical description of the victim. She compared each and circled three possible victims that matched the description. "well, this just proves that it might not have been Charlotte," she whispered, keeping it under her breath before handing back the folders.

"anything else, Ma'am!?!"

"Tell the police station to have each officer patrol in groups of three or four."

"Why?"

"Just do it," she said with a bite to her words. The young officer quickly took the hint and ran back without asking any more questions.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:14 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:Rather than stagger back and cover her mouth in disgust, Violet merely crinkled her nose and looked to the side, preferring to express her distaste in a way more critical of Amber's indiscretion. She glared at the small vial out of the corner of her eye - of course she recognized it, being who she was, but she was reluctant to so openly reveal her magical experiments in front of the unknown quantity that were Amber's companions.

Amber already knew that Violet was lying through a good portion of her response. "I was hoping you would tell me it wasn't demon's blood," she sighed, putting the cap back on the vial. She had a look of resignation and annoyance that seemed as if she wanted to punch a dent into the wall of Violet's house, just to get out her anger.

"Demon's blood," Amber added, telling the group, "is not used for black magic, though it could be. It is too powerful and likely to backfire. The important thing for us, is that when consumed, demon's blood can push the body beyond human capabilities. With this stuff, a squirrel could kill a grizzly bear." She shuffled her feet backward, before turning around, "and it has degenerative effects of destroying your mind and driving you insane."

"so the fact the killer left this, merely shows us that we are in for a horrible night," she moaned in distress.

At this point, a police office, young lad, came in as directed. He handed her a file. "you asked for a list of missing persons?" He took an overly passionate salute, trying his very best to seem like an impassioned police officer. It was the kind of devotion that new initiates to the force tend to elicit.

"Thank you," she said, lifting open the papers from the folders and looking at each person on the list. It also included a list of heights and body builds. While Noble was not available, the boys in the station could at least get a rough estimate of the physical description of the victim. She compared each and circled three possible victims that matched the description. "well, this just proves that it might not have been Charlotte," she whispered, keeping it under her breath before handing back the folders.

"Tell the police station to have each officer patrol in groups of three or four."

"Why?"

"Just do it," she said with a bite to her words. The young officer quickly took the hint and ran back without asking any more questions.

Sam's eyes widened slightly, as he heard the words 'demon' and 'blood' used together. There was no way demons had blood-they were spirits, were they not? Yet if this was true, there was a possibility that someone had used this to tear apart their victims so utterly, so that they could not be identified. Yet that also added another layer to the mystery. If their opponent used it, they were either very clever or very reckless, potentially both. Whoever they were, they were in contact with demons, and that gave them a sort of powerful edge that they would have to work around. At the same time, however, this also made them an easy target. The more a person allowed themselves to be ruled by madness, the more vulnerable they became. If anyone knew that for sure, it was him. Nevertheless, he held Daisy's hand, as if the murderer might show up with a flock of demons at any moment and snatch her away.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:Rather than stagger back and cover her mouth in disgust, Violet merely crinkled her nose and looked to the side, preferring to express her distaste in a way more critical of Amber's indiscretion. She glared at the small vial out of the corner of her eye - of course she recognized it, being who she was, but she was reluctant to so openly reveal her magical experiments in front of the unknown quantity that were Amber's companions.

"Why?"

Marietta's eyes widened, and she covered her mouth.

"That's so twisted," she cried. "Why would someone do that?" She closed her eyes tightly, shaking her head. "If the doctor is still alive, we've got to find her! We can't leave her with someone who's that insane! I don't even want to think about what they might do to her... What they might already be doing... What are we going to do?!"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway

"Why?"

Sam's eyes widened slightly, as he heard the words 'demon' and 'blood' used together. There was no way demons had blood-they were spirits, were they not? Yet if this was true, there was a possibility that someone had used this to tear apart their victims so utterly, so that they could not be identified. Yet that also added another layer to the mystery. If their opponent used it, they were either very clever or very reckless, potentially both. Whoever they were, they were in contact with demons, and that gave them a sort of powerful edge that they would have to work around. At the same time, however, this also made them an easy target. The more a person allowed themselves to be ruled by madness, the more vulnerable they became. If anyone knew that for sure, it was him. Nevertheless, he held Daisy's hand, as if the murderer might show up with a flock of demons at any moment and snatch her away.

Daisy looked up at him as he took her hand, a bit confused as to why he wanted to do so all of a sudden. She guessed she shouldn't have been surprised, since he'd done so before when he felt they were in danger, and now was no exception. Could there really be demons in Purgatory? If not, then how would someone acquire demon blood? The thought scared her, and she returned the grip that Sam had on her hand, moving so she could wrap her arms around his arm in a half hug. She felt safe then, so long as she had Sam and Amber with her. She knew they would both do anything to protect her, and she would do the same for them in return.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:48 am

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Sam's eyes widened slightly, as he heard the words 'demon' and 'blood' used together. There was no way demons had blood-they were spirits, were they not? Yet if this was true, there was a possibility that someone had used this to tear apart their victims so utterly, so that they could not be identified. Yet that also added another layer to the mystery. If their opponent used it, they were either very clever or very reckless, potentially both. Whoever they were, they were in contact with demons, and that gave them a sort of powerful edge that they would have to work around. At the same time, however, this also made them an easy target. The more a person allowed themselves to be ruled by madness, the more vulnerable they became. If anyone knew that for sure, it was him. Nevertheless, he held Daisy's hand, as if the murderer might show up with a flock of demons at any moment and snatch her away.

Daisy looked up at him as he took her hand, a bit confused as to why he wanted to do so all of a sudden. She guessed she shouldn't have been surprised, since he'd done so before when he felt they were in danger, and now was no exception. Could there really be demons in Purgatory? If not, then how would someone acquire demon blood? The thought scared her, and she returned the grip that Sam had on her hand, moving so she could wrap her arms around his arm in a half hug. She felt safe then, so long as she had Sam and Amber with her. She knew they would both do anything to protect her, and she would do the same for them in return.
"alright" she said, giving a big sigh until interrupted by Daisy wrapping both Amber and Sam in her arms, as support. It lifted her spirits a little, boosted her morale, gave her an oft-forgot sense of a childish giggle. "Alright, alright," she chuckled, "I guess I can approach this with a bit more vigor."

She turned to Violet, a little ways away, "I am sure you don't want demon's blood running through your territory; shall we make a truce until we can cut the head?"

Amber walked the group. She hadn't much to go on, but she had good ideas of what could be going on. There was, of course, a more immediate concern of finding out where the Vials were coming from, along with the possibility of finding Doc Noble. She expected the cops could at least do something right, every now and then, but they sometimes lack the mental capacity to reach the necessary conclusions brought by the evidence. That was the job of detective and investigators, police seemed to be more focused in replying brute force with brute force, but often a murderer supplemented brute force with coercion and complicated thought: an investigator was needed to intervene.

She walked the lowly alleys, the lantern, along with her group, keeping her company. The small ring of light bobbed left and right with each step. With the sounds of feet squabbling like birds was the occasion murky drip of a loose faucet. A rat scurried past every now and then. Even when there were many people in a group, the city seemed so isolated.

The city hall had an open light the entire time, they were working all night long. Officers entered and exited the building, mostly in groups of four. All they knew was Constable had ordered it; her order was only ever co-opted by the police chief. As soon as she entered the room, the clutter and clatter haulted, the only sound be her boots. One of the lankier, but seemingly important police officers came up, "yes, Constable?"

"We have a mess with this murder, do we have an idea on the location of the killer? At least some sort of area he could be located."

"If we had a clue where he was, we might not be scratching our heads... we have a general area, though, we are sending officers to begin scoping it out," he says, showing her the map of the city. A large circle was surrounding the area, it seemed to be located near the home of the waitress.

"And?"

"Well, we haven't found anything. We have checked this building," she said while pointing at each house, "this one, this one, this one... Other houses are too small for this kind of killings."

"So you hit a dead end?"

"Basically, look, I'm sorry, but it isn't here..."

Amber looked over the map once more, "alright, I'm checking myself. You guys never know where to look." She walked out and began walking to the neighborhood. She didn't say anything to the chief, but she gave him a slight affirming nod. The group followed suit, "if you want to find something shady, you don't look on the surface, you look underneath... why do these police officers never figure that out?

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:08 am

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
"alright" she said, giving a big sigh until interrupted by Daisy wrapping both Amber and Sam in her arms, as support. It lifted her spirits a little, boosted her morale, gave her an oft-forgot sense of a childish giggle. "Alright, alright," she chuckled, "I guess I can approach this with a bit more vigor."

She turned to Violet, a little ways away, "I am sure you don't want demon's blood running through your territory; shall we make a truce until we can cut the head?"

Amber walked the group. She hadn't much to go on, but she had good ideas of what could be going on. There was, of course, a more immediate concern of finding out where the Vials were coming from, along with the possibility of finding Doc Noble. She expected the cops could at least do something right, every now and then, but they sometimes lack the mental capacity to reach the necessary conclusions brought by the evidence. That was the job of detective and investigators, police seemed to be more focused in replying brute force with brute force, but often a murderer supplemented brute force with coercion and complicated thought: an investigator was needed to intervene.

She walked the lowly alleys, the lantern, along with her group, keeping her company. The small ring of light bobbed left and right with each step. With the sounds of feet squabbling like birds was the occasion murky drip of a loose faucet. A rat scurried past every now and then. Even when there were many people in a group, the city seemed so isolated.

The city hall had an open light the entire time, they were working all night long. Officers entered and exited the building, mostly in groups of four. All they knew was Constable had ordered it; her order was only ever co-opted by the police chief. As soon as she entered the room, the clutter and clatter haulted, the only sound be her boots. One of the lankier, but seemingly important police officers came up, "yes, Constable?"

"We have a mess with this murder, do we have an idea on the location of the killer? At least some sort of area he could be located."

"If we had a clue where he was, we might not be scratching our heads... we have a general area, though, we are sending officers to begin scoping it out," he says, showing her the map of the city. A large circle was surrounding the area, it seemed to be located near the home of the waitress.

"And?"

"Well, we haven't found anything. We have checked this building," she said while pointing at each house, "this one, this one, this one... Other houses are too small for this kind of killings."

"So you hit a dead end?"

"Basically, look, I'm sorry, but it isn't here..."

Amber looked over the map once more, "alright, I'm checking myself. You guys never know where to look." She walked out and began walking to the neighborhood. She didn't say anything to the chief, but she gave him a slight affirming nod. The group followed suit, "if you want to find something shady, you don't look on the surface, you look underneath... why do these police officers never figure that out?

Sam merely continued to follow, his mind elsewhere as he held Daisy's hand. Any moment, a demon could attack. He would have to be ready to do something-anything. He would not let the murderer or demons get to Daisy, not while he was around. However, as he heard Amber mention searching below the ground, he wondered, and he finally tried to contribute again. "Do you perhaps mean the sewer system, Amber? Or are you suggesting looking...elsewhere, perhaps?" The sewage system would indeed be a perfect place to hide a few bodies, a perfect place for a murderer to hide, in his filth and in the filth around him. Yet the idea of Dr. Noble being held alive down there was the most morbid thought of all. The stink, the filth, the terror of being in such close quarters with a murderer, the darkness, the emptiness...it almost made him shiver.
-Alan Jackson

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:50 am

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:Amber looked over the map once more, "alright, I'm checking myself. You guys never know where to look." She walked out and began walking to the neighborhood. She didn't say anything to the chief, but she gave him a slight affirming nod. The group followed suit, "if you want to find something shady, you don't look on the surface, you look underneath... why do these police officers never figure that out?
Sam merely continued to follow, his mind elsewhere as he held Daisy's hand. Any moment, a demon could attack. He would have to be ready to do something-anything. He would not let the murderer or demons get to Daisy, not while he was around. However, as he heard Amber mention searching below the ground, he wondered, and he finally tried to contribute again. "Do you perhaps mean the sewer system, Amber? Or are you suggesting looking...elsewhere, perhaps?" The sewage system would indeed be a perfect place to hide a few bodies, a perfect place for a murderer to hide, in his filth and in the filth around him. Yet the idea of Dr. Noble being held alive down there was the most morbid thought of all. The stink, the filth, the terror of being in such close quarters with a murderer, the darkness, the emptiness...it almost made him shiver.
"Not quite the sewer, but worse," Amber exposited, "the underground is a collection of sewer entrances and pathways. Many aren't just sewers. Some consider the underground to be similar to catacombs, but there are no graves. People use it to sell things when they don't want to be caught. Unfortunately, it kinda depends if they don't catch you." She stopped near a grate. She placed the lantern on a hook. She opened up the grate, revealing the entrance. "I've reviewed the maps, there is only one tunnel system that can get someone from the waitresses neighborhood to where we found what might have been Doc Noble. Quick tip: never leave the group, stay close, and if a light goes out... run. they only appear when the lights shut off, and you don't want to meet them." She went down slowly, making sure everyone was close. She stayed next to Daisy. As they reached the tunnel, she grabbed a new lantern. It was a much stronger lantern, heavy duty, if you will.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Luminesa wrote:Sam merely continued to follow, his mind elsewhere as he held Daisy's hand. Any moment, a demon could attack. He would have to be ready to do something-anything. He would not let the murderer or demons get to Daisy, not while he was around. However, as he heard Amber mention searching below the ground, he wondered, and he finally tried to contribute again. "Do you perhaps mean the sewer system, Amber? Or are you suggesting looking...elsewhere, perhaps?" The sewage system would indeed be a perfect place to hide a few bodies, a perfect place for a murderer to hide, in his filth and in the filth around him. Yet the idea of Dr. Noble being held alive down there was the most morbid thought of all. The stink, the filth, the terror of being in such close quarters with a murderer, the darkness, the emptiness...it almost made him shiver.
"Not quite the sewer, but worse," Amber exposited, "the underground is a collection of sewer entrances and pathways. Many aren't just sewers. Some consider the underground to be similar to catacombs, but there are no graves. People use it to sell things when they don't want to be caught. Unfortunately, it kinda depends if they don't catch you." She stopped near a grate. She placed the lantern on a hook. She opened up the grate, revealing the entrance. "I've reviewed the maps, there is only one tunnel system that can get someone from the waitresses neighborhood to where we found what might have been Doc Noble. Quick tip: never leave the group, stay close, and if a light goes out... run. they only appear when the lights shut off, and you don't want to meet them." She went down slowly, making sure everyone was close. She stayed next to Daisy. As they reached the tunnel, she grabbed a new lantern. It was a much stronger lantern, heavy duty, if you will.

Sam nodded, and for once he made note to follow her instructions to the letter. He would not leave the group under any circumstances. Whatever maze this was, there were evil and disturbing creatures down there, and getting lost-or caught-meant certain death. Or possibly worse. Slowly, he followed after her, his eyes unblinking and his heart pounding just a bit. They could hear echoes of liquid droplets hitting the cold stone, and Sam wondered what it could possibly be. Water? Sewage? Blood from a fresh kill? Everything was darkness and haziness here. The lines between reality and fantasy, between the end of Purgatory and the beginning of Hell, were blurred, mixed in with the thick, deathly stench and the cold chill that filled the place. Yes, getting lost here would mean a cold, lonely, and horrific death for the unfortunate strayer.
-Alan Jackson

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Luminesa wrote:Sam merely continued to follow, his mind elsewhere as he held Daisy's hand. Any moment, a demon could attack. He would have to be ready to do something-anything. He would not let the murderer or demons get to Daisy, not while he was around. However, as he heard Amber mention searching below the ground, he wondered, and he finally tried to contribute again. "Do you perhaps mean the sewer system, Amber? Or are you suggesting looking...elsewhere, perhaps?" The sewage system would indeed be a perfect place to hide a few bodies, a perfect place for a murderer to hide, in his filth and in the filth around him. Yet the idea of Dr. Noble being held alive down there was the most morbid thought of all. The stink, the filth, the terror of being in such close quarters with a murderer, the darkness, the emptiness...it almost made him shiver.

The mere fact of how ominous her words were was enough to scare Daisy. She clung to Sam more than she had, quite obviously spooked by her description. "Who's they..?" She asked quietly, as if she was scared her words would somehow put them in harms way. "W-why do they live down here..? W-why do they like the d-dark..?" She was stuttering a bit, looking every which way as if not looking would cause them to appear. She was liking the idea of coming down here less and less, and was wishing more and more she'd simply gone to her waitressing shift.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Castle Crashers wrote:
Saleon wrote:"Not quite the sewer, but worse," Amber exposited, "the underground is a collection of sewer entrances and pathways. Many aren't just sewers. Some consider the underground to be similar to catacombs, but there are no graves. People use it to sell things when they don't want to be caught. Unfortunately, it kinda depends if they don't catch you." She stopped near a grate. She placed the lantern on a hook. She opened up the grate, revealing the entrance. "I've reviewed the maps, there is only one tunnel system that can get someone from the waitresses neighborhood to where we found what might have been Doc Noble. Quick tip: never leave the group, stay close, and if a light goes out... run. they only appear when the lights shut off, and you don't want to meet them." She went down slowly, making sure everyone was close. She stayed next to Daisy. As they reached the tunnel, she grabbed a new lantern. It was a much stronger lantern, heavy duty, if you will.
The mere fact of how ominous her words were was enough to scare Daisy. She clung to Sam more than she had, quite obviously spooked by her description. "Who's they..?" She asked quietly, as if she was scared her words would somehow put them in harms way. "W-why do they live down here..? W-why do they like the d-dark..?" She was stuttering a bit, looking every which way as if not looking would cause them to appear. She was liking the idea of coming down here less and less, and was wishing more and more she'd simply gone to her waitressing shift.
Amber could see Daisy's hesitance, feeling responsible. With the lantern in her left hand, she took the right and grabbed Daisy's hand tightly. She whispered a small token of consolation, "don't worry. if you can't handle it by yourself, I will grab hold tight. Besides, you said you'd support me; I get to support you." Constable hated the underground, hated and feared it. The place was as if a nightmare ran in the daytime. She was the type to face her fears, however important it would be to run away. She had a stubborn confidence, and she held together just to at least give other people hope. "So how about I help you in your time of trouble, milady?" she said.

Amber walked forward, keeping the small map in held between her hand and the lantern. She holds herself together. The walls were rugged, the air was damp and humid, and the shadows were held back by bobbing spheres of light. There was little disturbance in the carefully precise tunnels. There were a couple of pathways tearing off from the tunnel. Of course, she was looking for something that did not wrap throughout more of the unknown and uncharted crevices of the Underground.

She came to an odd entrance-way. "The killer had a sphere of influence, most do," Amber exposited, "she strikes within a certain set of neighborhoods, between the three incidents. We try and keep an organized map of the Underground, including 'rooms' that others make here. This is the only one not on the map; so this is the first one to check."

She opened the door.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:14 am

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Castle Crashers wrote:The mere fact of how ominous her words were was enough to scare Daisy. She clung to Sam more than she had, quite obviously spooked by her description. "Who's they..?" She asked quietly, as if she was scared her words would somehow put them in harms way. "W-why do they live down here..? W-why do they like the d-dark..?" She was stuttering a bit, looking every which way as if not looking would cause them to appear. She was liking the idea of coming down here less and less, and was wishing more and more she'd simply gone to her waitressing shift.
Amber could see Daisy's hesitance, feeling responsible. With the lantern in her left hand, she took the right and grabbed Daisy's hand tightly. She whispered a small token of consolation, "don't worry. if you can't handle it by yourself, I will grab hold tight. Besides, you said you'd support me; I get to support you." Constable hated the underground, hated and feared it. The place was as if a nightmare ran in the daytime. She was the type to face her fears, however important it would be to run away. She had a stubborn confidence, and she held together just to at least give other people hope. "So how about I help you in your time of trouble, milady?" she said.

Amber walked forward, keeping the small map in held between her hand and the lantern. She holds herself together. The walls were rugged, the air was damp and humid, and the shadows were held back by bobbing spheres of light. There was little disturbance in the carefully precise tunnels. There were a couple of pathways tearing off from the tunnel. Of course, she was looking for something that did not wrap throughout more of the unknown and uncharted crevices of the Underground.

She came to an odd entrance-way. "The killer had a sphere of influence, most do," Amber exposited, "she strikes within a certain set of neighborhoods, between the three incidents. We try and keep an organized map of the Underground, including 'rooms' that others make here. This is the only one not on the map; so this is the first one to check."

She opened the door.

The room was dark--mostly. A single candle was in one corner, illuminating a shivering form, the familiar doctor, tied up, gagged, and left alone in the darkness with only a single, flickering light to protect her from the residents of darkness.

Marietta's eyes widened as she took in the sight, and Charlotte's own eyes widened as she stared at the group, not with gratitude and relief, but with absolute terror. It was difficult to tell who she was focusing on, or even if she was able to focus at all, but what was rather clear was that one of them--or possibly even more than one--had been responsible for her imprisonment and the brutal killings.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:29 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

"DOC!" Shilo said, and pushed his way past everyone, and looked straight at Charlotte. He couldn't see much details, until he moved closer. He saw the terror. Without thinking he made his way to where Charlotte was tied up. He knelt down and removed the gag from her mouth. "Doc, what's wrong?" He whispered so only she could hear, "You look like you've seen a godforsaken ghost."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:49 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

"DOC!" Shilo said, and pushed his way past everyone, and looked straight at Charlotte. He couldn't see much details, until he moved closer. He saw the terror. Without thinking he made his way to where Charlotte was tied up. He knelt down and removed the gag from her mouth. "Doc, what's wrong?" He whispered so only she could hear, "You look like you've seen a godforsaken ghost."

"...Shilo? I... Please... Don't let her..." Her words were garbled, rendered as little more than gibberish by sheer terror. "She was... everything, it was all her... Please... she'll kill you... Go, get out of here... run for your life before she kills you too!"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

Shilo glanced back, and then looked at Charlotte again. She was scarred, and he could tell. Then again anyone could. He just knelt there and looked at her. "Charlotte." He said, "Who? Who did this? From the sounds of it you know who the murderer is... who is it? If they try taking my life, I will take their's first. We'll get you outta this godforsaken room. No, I'll make sure you get outta this godforsaken room. You saved... as much as I hate to say it.... saved my life.... So let me return the favour."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:03 am

Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Charlia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:"DOC!" Shilo said, and pushed his way past everyone, and looked straight at Charlotte. He couldn't see much details, until he moved closer. He saw the terror. Without thinking he made his way to where Charlotte was tied up. He knelt down and removed the gag from her mouth. "Doc, what's wrong?" He whispered so only she could hear, "You look like you've seen a godforsaken ghost."

"...Shilo? I... Please... Don't let her..." Her words were garbled, rendered as little more than gibberish by sheer terror. "She was... everything, it was all her... Please... she'll kill you... Go, get out of here... run for your life before she kills you too!"
Amber pulled out her pistol, quickly shambling the barrel towards Marietta. "You are under arrest under two charges of homicide, one charge of kidnapping," she resounded. Her eyes were rattled upon Marietta's face, watching every movement. Amber had a rattled look of animalistic, savage hate; it was a look that showed how much she despised the killer, who she surmised, back up with evidence, as Marietta. She only heard Charlotte, and only confirmed her concerns.
Last edited by Saleon on Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:28 am

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Charlia wrote:"...Shilo? I... Please... Don't let her..." Her words were garbled, rendered as little more than gibberish by sheer terror. "She was... everything, it was all her... Please... she'll kill you... Go, get out of here... run for your life before she kills you too!"
Amber pulled out her pistol, quickly shambling the barrel towards Marietta. "You are under arrest under two charges of homicide, one charge of kidnapping," she resounded. Her eyes were rattled upon Marietta's face, watching every movement. Amber had a rattled look of animalistic, savage hate; it was a look that showed how much she despised the killer, who she surmised, back up with evidence, as Marietta. She only heard Charlotte, and only confirmed her concerns.

Sam looked at both women, and he glared coldly at Marietta. So he had been right...or had he? He had been the first to suspect her, the first to hunt her down and corner her, the first to hold her at gunpoint, and yet something still did not add-up. Sam thought about this, as he held his gun ready yet again.

"Amber, wait one moment," he told her calmly, as he lifted his gun and held it at Marietta himself. "Just for safety reasons. Before we officially charge her, however, perhaps we should question this a bit? After all, for starters, Marietta had not been anywhere near Charlotte when she disappeared. She was near the other 'Dr. Noble', but she had no blood on her hands, and could not have cleaned herself up quickly enough to try and cover-up the murder. So don't you think that we should question both people first?" It felt weird being the sane on in the group for once.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:44 am

Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

Shilo glanced back, and then looked at Charlotte again. She was scarred, and he could tell. Then again anyone could. He just knelt there and looked at her. "Charlotte." He said, "Who? Who did this? From the sounds of it you know who the murderer is... who is it? If they try taking my life, I will take their's first. We'll get you outta this godforsaken room. No, I'll make sure you get outta this godforsaken room. You saved... as much as I hate to say it.... saved my life.... So let me return the favour."
"...She... It was--!!!"
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Charlia wrote:"...Shilo? I... Please... Don't let her..." Her words were garbled, rendered as little more than gibberish by sheer terror. "She was... everything, it was all her... Please... she'll kill you... Go, get out of here... run for your life before she kills you too!"
Marietta blinked, and then smiled. But then Sam stepped in, starting to play the sane one, she supposed.
Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground

Sam looked at both women, and he glared coldly at Marietta. So he had been right...or had he? He had been the first to suspect her, the first to hunt her down and corner her, the first to hold her at gunpoint, and yet something still did not add-up. Sam thought about this, as he held his gun ready yet again.

"Amber, wait one moment," he told her calmly, as he lifted his gun and held it at Marietta himself. "Just for safety reasons. Before we officially charge her, however, perhaps we should question this a bit? After all, for starters, Marietta had not been anywhere near Charlotte when she disappeared. She was near the other 'Dr. Noble', but she had no blood on her hands, and could not have cleaned herself up quickly enough to try and cover-up the murder. So don't you think that we should question both people first?" It felt weird being the sane on in the group for once.
"Don't bother, Sam," she said quietly. "Miss Faust saw right through me. Wasn't I a good actress, though?" she called, her grin growing wider. "Wasn't I just fantastic? All my tears and my frightened pleas to save the good doctor when in fact I was the one behind it all along! I'd love to explain how I managed to throw you all off so easily, but I'm afraid that if I wasted so much time, it would likely spoil everything. It's rather a pity that it comes to this. And, Shilo..."

She stared at him for a moment.

"I really did like you. You're a good person. It's a pity that I had to lie to you." She sighed. "Anyway, I guess that's the end of my traditional villainous monologue, isn't it? And now you'll arrest me, try me, and either kill me again or lock me away for the rest of my life after death... Oh, wait! No, you won't."

She grinned again.

"Sorry about this, all of you. Especially you, Shilo. But I'm afraid I can't have you ruining things now. Not when I'm so close."

In a lightning move, she took the one candle that illuminated the room, and blew it out.

"Enjoy the nightmares," she said in a sing-song voice as darkness took them all. "It's time we were going."

In the moment of chaos as the blackness became absolute, she pushed Shilo away from Charlotte and easily lifted the doctor, grinning again, even though none of them could see it.

"See you all... never," she giggled, and then was gone.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 am

Charlia wrote:
Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

"...She... It was--!!!"
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Marietta blinked, and then smiled. But then Sam stepped in, starting to play the sane one, she supposed.
Luminesa wrote:Sam looked at both women, and he glared coldly at Marietta. So he had been right...or had he? He had been the first to suspect her, the first to hunt her down and corner her, the first to hold her at gunpoint, and yet something still did not add-up. Sam thought about this, as he held his gun ready yet again.

"Don't bother, Sam," she said quietly. "Miss Faust saw right through me. Wasn't I a good actress, though?" she called, her grin growing wider. "Wasn't I just fantastic? All my tears and my frightened pleas to save the good doctor when in fact I was the one behind it all along! I'd love to explain how I managed to throw you all off so easily, but I'm afraid that if I wasted so much time, it would likely spoil everything. It's rather a pity that it comes to this. And, Shilo..."

She stared at him for a moment.

"I really did like you. You're a good person. It's a pity that I had to lie to you." She sighed. "Anyway, I guess that's the end of my traditional villainous monologue, isn't it? And now you'll arrest me, try me, and either kill me again or lock me away for the rest of my life after death... Oh, wait! No, you won't."

She grinned again.

"Sorry about this, all of you. Especially you, Shilo. But I'm afraid I can't have you ruining things now. Not when I'm so close."

In a lightning move, she took the one candle that illuminated the room, and blew it out.

"Enjoy the nightmares," she said in a sing-song voice as darkness took them all. "It's time we were going."

In the moment of chaos as the blackness became absolute, she pushed Shilo away from Charlotte and easily lifted the doctor, grinning again, even though none of them could see it.

Sam watched as the lights went out, and he probably should have panicked. He didn't. Instead, he turned to Amber in the darkness, and he muttered, "You know what? I say we leave her here. Fool will get lost in the darkness and get eaten by her sins. We simply lock all of the exits upon leaving and let her rot until the Devil comes to get her," he answered, coolly. His fury showed itself best when he got the most morbid, and here he had deathly thoughts crossing through his mind. M

Of course, he was only slightly annoyed that he had questioned Amber, but it had been the right thing to do. Marietta came right out and confessed when she had no reason to, and thus he simply shrugged it off, after a moment of tension. "So? All we have to do is retrace our steps out of here, then lock all of the exits to this labyrinth. Or perhaps you three could leave and I could deal with her? I probably know the best way to make her suffer, after all, and she does not have to be dying before she starts screaming for mercy," he suggested, his eyes filling with a cold, vengeful gleam.
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Underground, Purgatory
A godfosaken room

Wait, what... Shilo thought as he laid on the ground in the dark room. He was pushed to the ground by Mari. Mari. Of all people. Impossible... it can't be... he thought as he laid there. If anyone could see his face, they would see that it was blank. No emotion, it didn't even look like he was alive. He just laid there. Is this what it feels like to be betrayed....

He took a breath, Snap out of it Shilo. Don't let this keep you down. You just promised to save Charlotte's life. But I also promised to protect Mari.... he thought, ... That includes from herself...

He took another breath, and sat up. He heard Sam in the darkness. There was something off putting by the darkness. He reached into his pocket, and pulled out a cigarette, and lighter. He lit the flame, which provided some light. Now he could see the figures of the other's faces. While they could see his face. Stone cold, a determined anger in his eyes. He lit his cigarette and stood up.

"No, if this place is a labyrinth, then one person will get lost before they find her." Shilo said, "That person should not be someone of any value. As such, all of you will return to the surface. I will deal with Mari, and if anyone disagrees.... If anyone tries to stand in my way, I will happily take your sight."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:06 am

Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:

Sam watched as the lights went out, and he probably should have panicked. He didn't. Instead, he turned to Amber in the darkness, and he muttered, "You know what? I say we leave her here. Fool will get lost in the darkness and get eaten by her sins. We simply lock all of the exits upon leaving and let her rot until the Devil comes to get her," he answered, coolly. His fury showed itself best when he got the most morbid, and here he had deathly thoughts crossing through his mind. M

Of course, he was only slightly annoyed that he had questioned Amber, but it had been the right thing to do. Marietta came right out and confessed when she had no reason to, and thus he simply shrugged it off, after a moment of tension. "So? All we have to do is retrace our steps out of here, then lock all of the exits to this labyrinth. Or perhaps you three could leave and I could deal with her? I probably know the best way to make her suffer, after all, and she does not have to be dying before she starts screaming for mercy," he suggested, his eyes filling with a cold, vengeful gleam.
"Quite an interesting option, except we really have no time for that..." she said, rushed, pulling out an emergency flare, "We need to run, run the f#ck and run the f#ck fast!" As they spake, the darkness was interspersed by the air growing cold. Gasseous blackness seemed to develop, and appear in the middle, where the candle was. The flare was designed for the tunnels, but even they could not see the gasseous clouds as they came together, forming two horrendous monsters: Nightmares. "F#ckity F#ck, type to run the F#ck!"

"Everybody stay together!" she said." The monsters, two of them, gave an ungodly roar that seemed to pierce their eardrums. Their forms were nondistinct, but fleshy, large, and imposing. One Monster charged for Marietta, the other went for the group. "Don't lose sight of the flare! Stay close!" She began to run, staying with the group.

Intermission: What Does it Mean to Die Again? Episode 1: TRVAG

The Nightmare continues
Last edited by Saleon on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 am

Marietta leaned over her, smiling sweetly.

"Hello, doctor. I hope that wasn't too stressful for you? Go ahead, you can talk to me." Charlotte was about to scream in the off chance that someone, anyone, could hear her, but Marietta knelt down beside her and leaned in, kissing the older girl hungrily. Charlotte felt sick, and also very, very confused. When Marietta finally pulled away, her face glowing, Charlotte could barely speak.

"Mari..." she whispered. "Why?"

"Oh, that's an easy question to answer," Marietta said cheerfully. "I wanted you to notice me. See... no one ever notices me. I'm insignificant in the grand scheme of things, just a pawn to be moved along for other people's use. But never truly appreciated. Never truly cared for or even seen. Now, people know who I am. People fear me. With that little vial of demon's blood, I can be strong, I can be seen. I'm not just a pawn, I'm the queen. I am a god! After all these years, I have actually become a god, with the power over life and death, ending life as I see fit! You..."

Her face softened.

"You're like me. I can see it in your eyes. I've seen it for a long time, and I... Well... I've loved you for just as long. But you never noticed, did you? No, you never really saw me. I always wanted to know why... when I loved you so much, you never really noticed me at all. But now you do. And no one will come looking for you, because they're... otherwise occupied. I made sure of that."

She ran her hand down the side of Charlotte's face, smiling.

"And now we're finally ready."

"...I don't understand," Charlotte muttered.

"Of course not! Let me explain," Marietta continued. She then told Charlotte about her beliefs, about how her mother and her associates had acted, what they'd said about the relief of cleansing, all the things she had already told Shilo. Then she added some more.

"Once my mother decided I was old enough, she wanted me to join in with them. To do the things they did. And she said I'd be filthy forever if I disobeyed, if I didn't welcome forgiveness as they did. So... I went along with it, I didn't really have a choice, and I wanted to believe what she said. But then..." Her face twisted. "Some of her friends... they did things to me that I've never forgotten. They made my soul dirty and broken."

She smiled sadly.

"Someone did that to you, too, didn't he? I can see the pain on your face, the emptiness and the filthiness and the brokenness inside you, the way I know it's inside me. But it's okay. I know how to cleanse myself."

"...Marietta..." Charlotte whispered, horrified. What she had just heard was horrible, and what was even worse was the fact that Marietta seemed to think it was normal. Even as a child, she'd known what had happened to her wasn't normal. What had happened had butchered her soul. How could Marietta be so calm about this?

Then Marietta continued to speak.

"The way I can take away what happened to me is to reverse it, to recreate it with someone I love. My mother said that, but I couldn't live with how I felt long enough to find someone. But now," Marietta continued, leaning her head against Charlotte, "I have you. After so long of trying to get you to notice how I felt about you, I finally found a way. And now, we can be together, and we can both be clean again. Isn't that wonderful?" Marietta asked excitedly, totally enraptured at the thought. "We'll finally know what it feels like to be cleansed!" She got to work untying Charlotte, feeling that Charlotte would be just as happy as she was. Her twisted mind took the fact that Charlotte had been struck dumb by her announcement as the other girl being mute with joy, and decided that clearly, Charlotte wouldn't run away.

Charlotte didn't. But not because she agreed with Marietta, far from it--because she was paralyzed with shock at Marietta's pronouncement, horror at the story the girl had told and the fact that she'd been working with such a twisted girl for so long, and absolute terror of what Marietta was about to do. And the fact that Marietta was rationalizing it. Everything she had done, reasoning it away like it didn't matter at all.

Charlotte was familiar with rationalization. She hated it. The people who had abused her in life surely had rationalizations for their actions, twisted as their minds surely were. Why had they done those things to her? Because she was pretty? Because she was there?

Marietta kissed her again.

"I have more to cleanse myself of, too," she whispered, traced her hand along Charlotte's face in an almost tender gesture of affection, and then began unbuttoning the other girl's shirt. "Did you ever wonder how I managed to afford elegant clothes and food so easily? It's because when I wasn't working with you, I was dealing in a rather lucrative trade. That is... trading myself. I made a decent amount of money out of the deal, though, so you don't need to look so horrified. It's only natural. Besides... this will cleanse us both of all our darkness and brokenness. Everything's going to be all right, now."

As she spoke, she finished removing the shirt, leaving Charlotte shivering from both fear and cold. Marietta didn't even seem to notice. "I just hope no one interrupts us... That would be such a pity," she pouted. Again, she kissed Charlotte, passionately, insistently, hungrily, as if she was drinking in every moment and drawing a bizarre strength from it, her mind and soul consumed with an obsessive desire.

Charlotte closed her eyes tightly, feeling horrible. Was this really why Marietta had so brutally killed those people? Was it really all because of her? Was this horror her fault?

Her common sense told her that Marietta was a psychopath. She would have killed anyway. She was a twisted, demented murderess, and her crimes had nothing to do with Charlotte... except for the one she was about to commit, of course. The thought made her heart skip a beat.

She couldn't believe it. All that time working together, and she'd never noticed. Looking back, it was easy to see. Every time Marietta covertly glanced her direction, started blushing and stammering when she was around--how could she have been so oblivious? And the times she said something unsettling or just downright disturbing--how could she not have seen that her assistant wasn't the innocent girl she seemed to be? If she had only seen--she could have stopped the killings before they ever happened. She could have done something. But she was too foolish and blind to see the obvious truth.

She knew it was a guilt that would haunt her for the rest of her life. Although judging from Marietta's actions, the time she had left to live--no matter how long it was--could never be called a life.

More appropriately, a living death.

Please, God... If You care at all... please... help me...

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 am

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, The Underground
Luminesa wrote:Sam watched as the lights went out, and he probably should have panicked. He didn't. Instead, he turned to Amber in the darkness, and he muttered, "You know what? I say we leave her here. Fool will get lost in the darkness and get eaten by her sins. We simply lock all of the exits upon leaving and let her rot until the Devil comes to get her," he answered, coolly. His fury showed itself best when he got the most morbid, and here he had deathly thoughts crossing through his mind. M

"Quite an interesting option, except we really have no time for that..." she said, rushed, pulling out an emergency flare, "We need to run, run the f#ck and run the f#ck fast!" As they spake, the darkness was interspersed by the air growing cold. Gasseous blackness seemed to develop, and appear in the middle, where the candle was. The flare was designed for the tunnels, but even they could not see the gasseous clouds as they came together, forming two horrendous monsters: Nightmares. "F#ckity F#ck, type to run the F#ck!"

"Everybody stay together!" she said." The monsters, two of them, gave an ungodly roar that seemed to pierce their eardrums. Their forms were nondistinct, but fleshy, large, and imposing. One Monster charged for Marietta, the other went for the group. "Don't lose sight of the flare! Stay close!" She began to run, staying with the group.

Intermission: What Does it Mean to Die Again? Episode 1: TRVAG

The Nightmare continues

What does it Mean to Die Again? Episode 1: The Red Vial and God.

Sam actually smirked, as one of the monsters went after Marietta. Her loss for being such a fool with her life. Now she would vanish to oblivion-or worse. And nobody will ever hear her final confessions, her screams, except for God Himself. And in His hands her lonely judgment lies. Rest in the Netherworld, imbecile, Sam thought viciously. He then rushed away after the group, trying to figure a way to protect the other girls and Shilo from dying. He had a plan, but he would have to be very careful.
Last edited by Luminesa on Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:02 pm

The creature's breathing was heavy. Not because it was tired, but because it was excited. It was hungry.

Its body scraped against the walls of the tunnels. Its enormous form blocked out all light. It knew there were people here. The white-haired girl. She had traversed these tunnels many times, but always with a light to keep it at bay. Now, though, she was vulnerable, though farther ahead and well-versed in the twisting paths she wandered. She carried a redhead with her. The redhead was weak. It could sense her fear. But she had the white-haired one's protection, feeble as it was. They were too far away, though... and getting farther.

It had closer prey, though. A blond boy. Chasing the girl. The creature didn't know why, nor did it care. The boy was slower, and did not know his way. He was only following the girl. He would be easier to catch.

The creature lacked a true form of sentience, but it did know when it saw easy prey. It swiped for the boy, a grin spreading across its twisted, hideous face.

It would have the boy.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse