NATION

PASSWORD

WDMDA: Episode 2, DWHAMOH (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:16 pm

Amber Faust
She who will delve in the dark to let those sleep in comfort

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Saleon wrote:"Well," she grumbled, "now I know we are definitely being played." She picked up the vial and removed the stopper on the vial and took a very quick sniff to try and figure out what it was: a noxious, disgusting odor that rivaled most smelling salts. It was a powerful, overriding scent. She recognized the smell, or at least some component in the smell, but she would need to have somebody look at it to confirm it.

All she knew, is that she hoped her nose wasn't right in identifying the strange liquid. She also remembered the similar vial left at the crime scene. In theory, they were the same, and it was very likely they were. It seemed not only was the killer playing with them, but he or she wanted them to figure out how they did it, as if some triumph.

"I am hating this killer more and more as we learn more about them," she barked as she placed the stopper back on The Red Vial.

Daisy was, quite honestly, a little confused and disturbed at the sight of the red vial among the bloody trail. What did it mean? What was even in the vial? More blood? A chemical? Daisy was no scientist, or a chemist for that matter, so she wasn't very sure how she would even begin to figure out what it was. Perhaps Amber knew, judging by her reaction after getting a waft of the liquid. Daisy didn't happen to be close enough to smell it herself, so all she could do was go by what she said. "Uh, what's in that vial, you think..?" She asked awkwardly, not sure what else she should say or do in the situation.
Amber stood up slowly and readjusted her clothes; she gave a large sigh and remarked, "something bad, something very, very bad." She knew she wasn't being very specific, but with this chemical, you couldn't describe how bad it was. She turned around and added, "if it is what it smells like,and it has a very, very distinct smell, than this case may have been blown right open." This red vial, in her hands, was not something that was readily available, not something available period. She had her doubts, but if this were true, than it is a serious issue.

She looked directly at Daisy, "while I can't speak sunshine and rainbows, we at least are about to get a better picture of who is doing this. Err, this may actually open thing up, but that can be just as valuable. We better hurry."

Amber lifted up the lantern high into the sky. Its light cast a bright dome of bobbing light. It marked a ring of safety, as silly as the superstition may be—though to be fair, in Purgatory, there is no such thing as just superstition—and it was something so vitally important. She began walking backward, "now we best see how Sam and friends are doing. There is something very dangerous about tonight, so we better find Marietta and Doc Noble." Her words turned bitter. She couldn't hide a sinking worry, "and something terrible always happens on nights like this."

She ruminated for a split second, as if a slight trance while she walked, "I could use the company of friends, along with a light wine after this... Keep my spirits"
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:20 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Castle Crashers wrote:
Daisy was, quite honestly, a little confused and disturbed at the sight of the red vial among the bloody trail. What did it mean? What was even in the vial? More blood? A chemical? Daisy was no scientist, or a chemist for that matter, so she wasn't very sure how she would even begin to figure out what it was. Perhaps Amber knew, judging by her reaction after getting a waft of the liquid. Daisy didn't happen to be close enough to smell it herself, so all she could do was go by what she said. "Uh, what's in that vial, you think..?" She asked awkwardly, not sure what else she should say or do in the situation.
Amber stood up slowly and readjusted her clothes; she gave a large sigh and remarked, "something bad, something very, very bad." She knew she wasn't being very specific, but with this chemical, you couldn't describe how bad it was. She turned around and added, "if it is what it smells like,and it has a very, very distinct smell, than this case may have been blown right open." This red vial, in her hands, was not something that was readily available, not something available period. She had her doubts, but if this were true, than it is a serious issue.

She looked directly at Daisy, "while I can't speak sunshine and rainbows, we at least are about to get a better picture of who is doing this. Err, this may actually open thing up, but that can be just as valuable. We better hurry."

Amber lifted up the lantern high into the sky. Its light cast a bright dome of bobbing light. It marked a ring of safety, as silly as the superstition may be—though to be fair, in Purgatory, there is no such thing as just superstition—and it was something so vitally important. She began walking backward, "now we best see how Sam and friends are doing. There is something very dangerous about tonight, so we better find Marietta and Doc Noble." Her words turned bitter. She couldn't hide a sinking worry, "and something terrible always happens on nights like this."

She ruminated for a split second, as if a slight trance while she walked, "I could use the company of friends, along with a light wine after this... Keep my spirits"

Sam finally found Amber and Daisy after searching all through the city. Seeing them, he felt a sense of relief, as he realized the murderer had not reached them yet. He had not found Daisy... Daisy, who was standing with Amber and being her cute and sweet self as usual. She seemed to brighten everything around her. Hurrying over to see them with what energy he had left, he stopped right behind Daisy. "...You are both alive..." he breathed heavily, as he caught his breath and composed himself.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway

Sam finally found Amber and Daisy after searching all through the city. Seeing them, he felt a sense of relief, as he realized the murderer had not reached them yet. He had not found Daisy... Daisy, who was standing with Amber and being her cute and sweet self as usual. She seemed to brighten everything around her. Hurrying over to see them with what energy he had left, he stopped right behind Daisy. "...You are both alive..." he breathed heavily, as he caught his breath and composed himself.

Seeing as he had unintentionally wrapped himself up in this entire affair, he decided it was best to follow Sam as the other guy in the alley didn't want Sam or himself around. But when Sam started sprinting, Alex found himself struggling to keep up, not helping was the fact that he was now suffering from a psuedo hangover, which also began flashing some very unpleasant images in his mind. He did his best to keep up, but at times fell behind, forcing him to work harder. And when he saw Sam break into a dead sprint, Alex groaned and sprinted after him, nearly collapsing behind him when he stopped. "God damn, mate, next time you run off, mind giving me a heads up, it's been ages since I did this sort a physical activity." He wheezed, wincing in pain as more shattered memories emerged for a split second to form a coherent vision. "God damn it, my head feels like it's splitting open." He thought as he stumbled to the ground and pulled himself into a slouch against a wall.
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:14 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway

Daisy contemplated what Amber had told her for a while, trying to work it out in her mind, trying to think of who it could possibly be. She knew and saw many people, but usually for eating reasons since she worked at a restaurant, so she never really did learn where everyone really worked. Someone who works with chemicals, maybe? Her thoughts couldn't continue much longer before the loud footsteps of someone approaching and the sudden heavy breathing down her neck evoked a shrill shriek from the young girl. She quickly put a hand over her mouth and silenced herself as she realized this, turning to realize she was...screaming for no reason. It was just Sam, and she knew she was relieved to see him okay and all, but her heart still beat a million times faster than usual from the sudden scare. "...of course we are..." She answered softly, now conscious of her volume, "why wouldn't we be? Did...did something happen..?"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:51 am

Castle Crashers wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Sam finally found Amber and Daisy after searching all through the city. Seeing them, he felt a sense of relief, as he realized the murderer had not reached them yet. He had not found Daisy... Daisy, who was standing with Amber and being her cute and sweet self as usual. She seemed to brighten everything around her. Hurrying over to see them with what energy he had left, he stopped right behind Daisy. "...You are both alive..." he breathed heavily, as he caught his breath and composed himself.

Daisy contemplated what Amber had told her for a while, trying to work it out in her mind, trying to think of who it could possibly be. She knew and saw many people, but usually for eating reasons since she worked at a restaurant, so she never really did learn where everyone really worked. Someone who works with chemicals, maybe? Her thoughts couldn't continue much longer before the loud footsteps of someone approaching and the sudden heavy breathing down her neck evoked a shrill shriek from the young girl. She quickly put a hand over her mouth and silenced herself as she realized this, turning to realize she was...screaming for no reason. It was just Sam, and she knew she was relieved to see him okay and all, but her heart still beat a million times faster than usual from the sudden scare. "...of course we are..." She answered softly, now conscious of her volume, "why wouldn't we be? Did...did something happen..?"

Ten minutes ago he would have flat-out said, "Dr. Noble is dead." However, after thinking about the case more deeply, he realized this may not completely be the case. He had a feeling now that they were all being misled, but Amber would have to see the body, before they could all know for sure. "...Someone else...has been murdered...please...follow me..." he muttered. He then turned to lead them to the crime scene, when he saw Alexander behind him. "...Why did you...follow me?" he asked, annoyed.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:09 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

"It is sick." Shilo said, and puffed some smoke out, "They aren't people anymore when they do this sort of thing. If they cared for her, and still did this, it would be even worse..." He looked at her, "Mari, calm down. I know that look. It doesn't fit you."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

"It is sick." Shilo said, and puffed some smoke out, "They aren't people anymore when they do this sort of thing. If they cared for her, and still did this, it would be even worse..." He looked at her, "Mari, calm down. I know that look. It doesn't fit you."
The anger slowly dissipated from her face, and she looked at him quizzically.

"But... if they cared about her, then wouldn't it be better? Someone who cared about her wouldn't want to hurt her, right?"

As she waited for an answer, she thought of something, and frowned. She reached out with a trembling hand--and stole his cigarette.

"...That's so bad for you," she scolded through tears.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:33 am

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

Shilo sighed and looked at Mari when she took his cigarette, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Though, until we know the truth... I'll continue smoking." Shilo said, and lit a new cigarette, "As for your question... People can be messed up. They can think they care about someone and preform actions that state otherwise. It's better that if they o such acts, they just say they don't care. But people are messed up."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:47 am

Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

Shilo sighed and looked at Mari when she took his cigarette, "Yeah, yeah, I know. Though, until we know the truth... I'll continue smoking." Shilo said, and lit a new cigarette, "As for your question... People can be messed up. They can think they care about someone and preform actions that state otherwise. It's better that if they o such acts, they just say they don't care. But people are messed up."

"...Oh," Marietta said in a very small voice. "I never thought of it that way. I guess I always thought that if someone cares about someone else, anything they do for that person has to be good, right? Otherwise... everything I ever believed in is... a lie. And there was no point to any of it, no purpose to any of the pain... That's not fair... The world sucks."

New Antonalia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby New Antonalia » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:34 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:

Ten minutes ago he would have flat-out said, "Dr. Noble is dead." However, after thinking about the case more deeply, he realized this may not completely be the case. He had a feeling now that they were all being misled, but Amber would have to see the body, before they could all know for sure. "...Someone else...has been murdered...please...follow me..." he muttered. He then turned to lead them to the crime scene, when he saw Alexander behind him. "...Why did you...follow me?" he asked, annoyed.

"Because, I didn't know what else to do, I can't exactly go back to my shop as it is the middle of a busy part of the town, and before you say "Go home", my house is above my shop, so I have a little problem, that admittedly, I walked into, but it was caused by you being pansy." Alexander replied, equally annoyed at the question. To him, it seemed like the logical thing to do, and since he couldn't exactly go back home on account of blood on his shirt and pants, he needed to stay with Sam to protect his own ass. "Though I don't think it's a good idea to take two very lovely ladies to see the body. It may not have seen it, but I am a man of very strong constitution, and it was too much for me."
A, probably less than successful, model of what a Post Soviet Eastern European nation can be

Pixel Designer: https://thearmsdealer.deviantart.com/

Yes, I use JG Scale. No, Franscale is not better.
1 pxl : 1 inch is better than 1 pxl : 1 cm

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
"Oh thank you my good sir," she said sarcastically while walking to the body, "while chivalry is dead, I consider myself to be of a tougher constitution than you think. So while your patronizingly try to defend helpless little ol' me, I will do my job and investigate the murder." She walked with the others, following behind with her tailcoat dancing back and forth and taunted him for his comment. She walked looked back every now and then to see Daisy and Sam. Finally, she saw the body. The smell was apalling, but the body, divided with suck vitriolic hate, was even worse.

She looked at the ID, Doc Noble's. Of course, this one seemed so meticulously timed. Shilo hadn't been far behind, so how did Doc Noble get eviscerated so quickly? Of all the questions behind this murder, this question was merely another to the pile. She shrugged her head and stood up. She walked out of the scene, disgusted, angry. She wrote down information in her notebook.

A group of two police officers walked in an adjacent corner, they peaked out a little ways away, but in speaking distance.

"Hey!" she called for them, " Boy in blue, boy in blue two! Get over here!"

"Y-Yes, Constable?"

"there was another murder the alley over there"

"Is it from the---"

"yes it's the killer, like the others, carry a barf bag."

"On it... we'll get the station," they said as they passedan by her. They had a look of dread. Amber pulled one of them over, a little forcefully. She whispered, handing him a piece of paper torn from the notebook, "could you also get me this information quickly? Anyone within 24 hours. Deliver it to Violet's estate, I need to see her."

"Does it have to do wit the vic---"

"Possibly."

"Can't you quit hiding stuff from us? Quit doing all these random investigations without us! You'll end up dead if you keep pushing all the work on yourself," he whispered.

"Maybe, but I won't let this city go to hell on my watch."

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:39 pm

Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

Shilo nodded and waited for Sam and Alexander to leave. He sighed and leaned against a wall before he slid down so he was sitting. He looked at Mari, and motioned for her to sit next to him.

"Didn't you hear me? Animals will be animals." Shilo said and lit a cigarette, "I don't want to ruin any sort of godforsaken innocence you have left. But... you should know that there are things in life worse than death. I lived through such things... the doc had lived through such things. She told me. But that's beside the point. The point... the point is that the killer is an animal. I wouldn't be surprised if he or she was keeping the doc alive for...." He paused, "Entertainment."

He looked away, "It makes me sick. It would be better for her godforsaken soul to be able to find peace...." He chuckled, "It's funny. I want to believe she's dead. She would have peace... And I'd get to smoke as much as I want... But I can't believe she's dead. There is to much unreliability with this." He pointed to the body, "So I can't believe she's dead. Instead, I have to think she's alive... which is worse. Hopefully the gun guy comes back.... I want a word with his friends."

Aura Kouri
Purgatory

Aura must have fainted again at some point, because next thing she knew she was in Violet's carriage with Violet looking at her. She looked down and saw the blood still. She started shaking and looked at Violet.

"W-W-What happened?" She asked, "W-W-Why am I bloodied? I-I don't understand..." She bursted into tears.

Violet glanced down at the...spectacle and averted her eyes, slightly disgusted at both the distraught girl and herself. How could she have let something like this happen? She had originally taken the girl in not just to fill the undeniably real need of a maid in her household, but to ensure that her knowledge of Jack's identity wouldn't leak out into the public eye. At the time, she had given in to her arrogance(a grave lapse in judgement) and merely assumed that there was nothing special about her, that Jack had simply chosen her at random. Perhaps, she decided, she would pay more heed to the smiling killer's words. If nothing else, he was an excellent judge of character.

Expressing none of her internal contemplation, Violet looked fixedly out of the curtain-covered window and ignored the pitiful creature at her feet. "Compose yourself," she ordered. "There's no sense in crying now. Everything will be explained. For now, what do you remember occurring from the moment you encountered Jack?"
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
"Oh thank you my good sir," she said sarcastically while walking to the body, "while chivalry is dead, I consider myself to be of a tougher constitution than you think. So while your patronizingly try to defend helpless little ol' me, I will do my job and investigate the murder." She walked with the others, following behind with her tailcoat dancing back and forth and taunted him for his comment. She walked looked back every now and then to see Daisy and Sam. Finally, she saw the body. The smell was apalling, but the body, divided with suck vitriolic hate, was even worse.

She looked at the ID, Doc Noble's. Of course, this one seemed so meticulously timed. Shilo hadn't been far behind, so how did Doc Noble get eviscerated so quickly? Of all the questions behind this murder, this question was merely another to the pile. She shrugged her head and stood up. She walked out of the scene, disgusted, angry. She wrote down information in her notebook.

A group of two police officers walked in an adjacent corner, they peaked out a little ways away, but in speaking distance.

"Y-Yes, Constable?"

"Is it from the---"

"On it... we'll get the station," they said as they passedan by her. They had a look of dread. Amber pulled one of them over, a little forcefully. She whispered, handing him a piece of paper torn from the notebook, "could you also get me this information quickly? Anyone within 24 hours. Deliver it to Violet's estate, I need to see her."

"Possibly."

"Can't you quit hiding stuff from us? Quit doing all these random investigations without us! You'll end up dead if you keep pushing all the work on yourself," he whispered.

Marietta's eyes widened, and she ran to Amber's side, clutching at her sleeve.

"Miss Faust," she said nervously, "Shilo said that the b-body might not belong to the doctor. He said it could be faked. He said the killer might be keeping her alive... for... for 'entertainment'... Please, Miss Faust... Please say you have something! If whoever's behind all this..." She was tearing up again, and she let go of Amber, rubbing at her eyes with the back of her arm. "If they're hurting her like that... then we've got to find her as soon as possible! She... she doesn't deserve any of that... she's probably so scared... She's already in so much pain, Miss Faust... Whenever I look at her I see it... She doesn't need to be hurt anymore... Please say you have something to go on, anything!"

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:
Saleon wrote:"Oh thank you my good sir," she said sarcastically while walking to the body, "while chivalry is dead, I consider myself to be of a tougher constitution than you think. So while your patronizingly try to defend helpless little ol' me, I will do my job and investigate the murder." She walked with the others, following behind with her tailcoat dancing back and forth and taunted him for his comment. She walked looked back every now and then to see Daisy and Sam. Finally, she saw the body. The smell was apalling, but the body, divided with suck vitriolic hate, was even worse.

"Y-Yes, Constable?"

"Is it from the---"

"Possibly."

Marietta's eyes widened, and she ran to Amber's side, clutching at her sleeve.

"Miss Faust," she said nervously, "Shilo said that the b-body might not belong to the doctor. He said it could be faked. He said the killer might be keeping her alive... for... for 'entertainment'... Please, Miss Faust... Please say you have something! If whoever's behind all this..." She was tearing up again, and she let go of Amber, rubbing at her eyes with the back of her arm. "If they're hurting her like that... then we've got to find her as soon as possible! She... she doesn't deserve any of that... she's probably so scared... She's already in so much pain, Miss Faust... Whenever I look at her I see it... She doesn't need to be hurt anymore... Please say you have something to go on, anything!"

Amber nearly recoilex away from Marietta, like a parent trying to get away from a bothersome child but not being able to escape in time. She was never good with kids, and Mari tended to seem very childish at times, making her think of her previous life and kids, but only vaguely.

She cleared her throat and spake, "there is no way to know whether it is one way or the other, as of yet. There is not evidence to concretely support either idea, so I can't say which is which at the time: for now they are equally as likely. So think half glass full for now, there is still a very real chance she is alive, I know how much you want to see her."

She tried to remove mari off of her, like glue. She looked at the others. "Now before we do anything else, I need to see our friend Violet," she added. She turned to Sam and added, "and don't try pulling a gun on her Sam. She has many people protecting her, you wouldn't get away with it. Especially not with Jack near her."

She looked towards Daisy and gestured her to come forward and follow, the group followed.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:Marietta's eyes widened, and she ran to Amber's side, clutching at her sleeve.

Amber nearly recoilex away from Marietta, like a parent trying to get away from a bothersome child but not being able to escape in time. She was never good with kids, and Mari tended to seem very childish at times, making her think of her previous life and kids, but only vaguely.

She cleared her throat and spake, "there is no way to know whether it is one way or the other, as of yet. There is not evidence to concretely support either idea, so I can't say which is which at the time: for now they are equally as likely. So think half glass full for now, there is still a very real chance she is alive, I know how much you want to see her."

She tried to remove mari off of her, like glue. She looked at the others. "Now before we do anything else, I need to see our friend Violet," she added. She turned to Sam and added, "and don't try pulling a gun on her Sam. She has many people protecting her, you wouldn't get away with it. Especially not with Jack near her."

She looked towards Daisy and gestured her to come forward and follow, the group followed.

Marietta backed away slightly, her hands shaking. "W-Why... why do you need to see her? Do you have a lead?" Her face lit up with hope. "You have a lead, right? So we can find the doctor and whoever's behind all this? We have to find her, we just have to! Oh..." Her voice dropped. "I'm sorry... You need to think, right? About the case! I'll... I'll just go..."

She scurried back to Shilo, nearly hiding behind him, since she had finally realized how uncomfortable Amber was.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

"Now you see why I call it godforsaken." Shilo said before the arrival of Amber. He stayed quiet, but was ready to pounce in case anything happened to Mari as she spoke to Amber. Once Mari returned to where he stood now, he smiled.

"With all respect Miss Faust, the only evidence needed to support my theory is the lack of concrete evidence supporting the other possibility." He said, "That and my gut. Also, I would like to have a few words with you... but that can wait. I'm going to be coming with you and your... crime fighters. Don't think abut giving me orders."

He looked at Mari, "We'll find her. Don't worry. That I promise."

Even if I have to work with those who accused you... over a button....

Aura Kouri
Purgatory

Aura sniffled and looked down, "I... I don't remember much... There was an alley. He had a horse. He said something about enjoying a little encounter previously... Then he offered to provide a reenactment..." She brought her legs up, "I... I was scared... Then he started coming at me... He said something about embracing anger... I never met him until then... "

She paused, "Then he attacked me... He pinned me to the ground. I screamed and struggled... the last thing I remember... I remember it clearly.... There can only be one killer around her, you know. She's mine, and I won't have a filthy pretender like you take her from me. That's what he said... the last thing I heard... The next thing I remember is waking up in a... a.... p-p-pool....of... b-b-blood...." She started crying again, "I don't understand.... Is there something wrong with me...."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

"Now you see why I call it godforsaken." Shilo said before the arrival of Amber. He stayed quiet, but was ready to pounce in case anything happened to Mari as she spoke to Amber. Once Mari returned to where he stood now, he smiled.

"With all respect Miss Faust, the only evidence needed to support my theory is the lack of concrete evidence supporting the other possibility." He said, "That and my gut. Also, I would like to have a few words with you... but that can wait. I'm going to be coming with you and your... crime fighters. Don't think abut giving me orders."

Marietta looked back up at Shilo hopefully, and then did something not even she expected.

She hugged him. Tightly.

"Thank you," she whispered. "I can barely stand it... the thought that some bastard could take her from me... Um, I mean, from the people who care about her!" she added far too quickly, blushing. "You... you didn't hear anything... ehhhh, please don't tell her about this," she moaned, hiding her face. "I'm so embarrassed..."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:17 pm

Saleon wrote:
Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:Marietta's eyes widened, and she ran to Amber's side, clutching at her sleeve.

Sam frowned and nodded at this statement. He had followed her back to the crime scene, and now was willing to follow her to question whoever else needed questioning. Hopefully Violet would not be as afraid of being questioned as Marietta had been. The last thing they had needed was for her to be running around in the streets unattended. Not that she could not defend herself, however. Of course, in the meantime, as he followed her he ignored Shilo's snarky comments, which he felt added no weight to their investigate and was merely ego-padding.
-Alan Jackson

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Shilo Weardhyll
Purgatory
With the godforsaken crime fighters

Shilo smirked when he saw Mari look at him. Then she hugged him, and Shilo genuinely smiled. Then she spoke, and he chuckled. "You can let go now." He said, "Getting hard to breath."

He then smirked, "Oh, and I am telling the doc. Definitely." He said, "Or maybe I don't... at least not right away..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:24 pm

Purgatory
With the godforsaken crime fighters

Shilo smirked when he saw Mari look at him. Then she hugged him, and Shilo genuinely smiled. Then she spoke, and he chuckled. "You can let go now." He said, "Getting hard to breath."

He then smirked, "Oh, and I am telling the doc. Definitely." He said, "Or maybe I don't... at least not right away..."
She let go, and covered her face with her hands.

"Why?" she moaned. "Why do you have to tell her? It would just make things awkward... I'm okay with how things are... If she found out then everything would be different... probably not even interested in girls anyway..."

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:02 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
Charlia wrote:
Saleon wrote:Amber nearly recoilex away from Marietta, like a parent trying to get away from a bothersome child but not being able to escape in time. She was never good with kids, and Mari tended to seem very childish at times, making her think of her previous life and kids, but only vaguely.

Marietta backed away slightly, her hands shaking. "W-Why... why do you need to see her? Do you have a lead?" Her face lit up with hope. "You have a lead, right? So we can find the doctor and whoever's behind all this? We have to find her, we just have to! Oh..." Her voice dropped. "I'm sorry... You need to think, right? About the case! I'll... I'll just go..."

She scurried back to Shilo, nearly hiding behind him, since she had finally realized how uncomfortable Amber was.
Amber began the long trek to Violet's estate, "and Mari, I have leads, not a lead. I can have one dominant lead, but I never discount all leads, merely consider certain leads to be less likely; and I never lay all my cards open. And I feel it important to leave my leads unknown, it might make certain people do things they shouldn't. Suspect people they shouldn't. Persecute." They were at least close, but had she the option, she would have called a carriage. Either way, she needed to see Violet. The red vial was a gamechanger.

She took a while to get there, but it was still walking distance.

She came across the reasonably-sized estate. It was the kind that would need a maid to maintain. It was just large enough to call an estate, but no larger. "well," she said, "time to see if our friend is in. Should be, since she had to bring in her maid." She looked at the large door, with all of the lavish attractions to it. The large knob, the one you lifted up and slammed on the broad door, being especially distinguished. It was to Violet's liking, so it had a certain flavor to it nonetheless. Amber lifted the handle up, and lowered it down.

"You in?" she shouted, hoping she would answer.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

I need to make sure Faal is up to date before I entertain Am

Postby The Burning Sun » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Purgatory
Near a Godforsaken Body

Aura Kouri
Purgatory

Aura sniffled and looked down, "I... I don't remember much... There was an alley. He had a horse. He said something about enjoying a little encounter previously... Then he offered to provide a reenactment..." She brought her legs up, "I... I was scared... Then he started coming at me... He said something about embracing anger... I never met him until then... "

She paused, "Then he attacked me... He pinned me to the ground. I screamed and struggled... the last thing I remember... I remember it clearly.... There can only be one killer around her, you know. She's mine, and I won't have a filthy pretender like you take her from me. That's what he said... the last thing I heard... The next thing I remember is waking up in a... a.... p-p-pool....of... b-b-blood...." She started crying again, "I don't understand.... Is there something wrong with me...."

Violet sighed. The girl's answer was expected, if a little disappointing nonetheless. The memory loss was an interesting, however. If not for that, Violet might have considered the...darker side an asset, given that it could be kept under a reasonable amount of control. As it was, the maid was of little value to her, mostly due to the explosive unpredictability of her outbursts. Really, Violet ought to kill her, to protect Jack's secret. And yet...the tempting vision of another Jack, another dagger under her belt lazily wound itself through her brain. Best to decide at a later date. For now, telling her wouldn't cause any harm. If the maid was to stay with her, she would have to know anyway, and if she ended up dead, well...still no problem.

"Listen closely," Violet began. "What I am about to tell you is very important. As far as you know, I found you, dying and unconscious, in the streets. The man that attacked you in the alleyway was also the one that left you in that state to begin with. His full name is Jack the Ripper, as far as we know. He is currently under my dominion, for reasons that are irrelevant. The critical thing here is that somehow, there is another personality buried deep inside of your mind. In temperament, it is...rather similar to Jack's, if you know what I mean, with the exception that it is fully aware of you and apparently capable of erasing your memory. Jack knew of this, I did not. Half an hour ago, he succeeded in cornering you and unleashing this hidden personality, which then proceeded to go on a bloody rampage and murder two people. Hence, most of the blood on your clothes." Violet paused a moment, to make sure it all sank in. "Now, you were eventually stopped by none other than Amber Faust. Violently. Hence the other bit of blood on your clothes." At this point, Violet drew back the curtain covering the carriage window and peaked outside.

"Ah!" she remarked. "We have arrived. Quickly, now - I must decide what to do with you, before things start to get out of hand."

So saying, she opened the door, took Aura's hand, and led her inside her house.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Aura Kouri
Purgatory

Aura was quiet as Violet explained what was wrong with her. She couldn't even look at Violet. It made sense in a way. It explained everything. Aura couldn't look at Violet as she took her hand and lead her back into the house.

"Are you going to fire me?" Aura finally said, "I would understand if you are. At least you have some control of Jack... but this other me.... I would understand if you wanted to fire me. It would be best. It would be best if I just walked... walked away from everyone..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

It's called a knocker you heathen

Postby The Burning Sun » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Aura Kouri
Purgatory

Aura was quiet as Violet explained what was wrong with her. She couldn't even look at Violet. It made sense in a way. It explained everything. Aura couldn't look at Violet as she took her hand and lead her back into the house.

"Are you going to fire me?" Aura finally said, "I would understand if you are. At least you have some control of Jack... but this other me.... I would understand if you wanted to fire me. It would be best. It would be best if I just walked... walked away from everyone..."

If the situation wasn't so serious, Violet might have laughed. The poor girl's notions of how the world worked were hopelessly naive, to the point of ridiculousness - especially given the fact that she secretly harbored a killer's mind. "Don't worry," she assured her, "I won't fire you. Technically. Anyway, stay here. I need to grab some...things."

With that, Violet, having replaced her dirty shoes with a pair of slippers, silently slipped through a darkened doorway and disappeared from view. Leaving Aura behind, she made her way through the house untroubled by the darkness. After moment, she came upon a certain cabinet, stuffed into the rear corner of her parlor. Rather lazily, she opened it and pushed some stray books and trinkets aside, then withdrew a small key and fitted it into an almost imperceptible slot in the corner of its rear panel. It slid, noiselessly, to the side under Violet's careful touch to reveal several hidden firearms, all loaded, and some extra rounds and powder flasks. She selected a small two-shot derringer and placed it into an inner pocket of her jacket, closed and locked the hidden compartment, and went back to Aura.

Taking a moment to nod and briefly smile at the hapless creature, she took up a cane resting near the door and peaked through the little viewing-glass embedded into the wood. As expected, Amber was rather conspicuously walking up the streets toward them, accompanied by a two girls - neither particularly intimidating or even capable-looking in any way. She stepped back and gently shoved Aura out of view as Amber shouted, waited a few seconds, and opened the door.

"Why yes, I am, funnily enough. What brings you..." Pausing, Violet raked her eyes over each of the strangers in turn. "...here?"
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:23 pm

Amber Faust

Night, Alleyway
The Burning Sun wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Aura was quiet as Violet explained what was wrong with her. She couldn't even look at Violet. It made sense in a way. It explained everything. Aura couldn't look at Violet as she took her hand and lead her back into the house.

Taking a moment to nod and briefly smile at the hapless creature, she took up a cane resting near the door and peaked through the little viewing-glass embedded into the wood. As expected, Amber was rather conspicuously walking up the streets toward them, accompanied by a two girls - neither particularly intimidating or even capable-looking in any way. She stepped back and gently shoved Aura out of view as Amber shouted, waited a few seconds, and opened the door.

"Why yes, I am, funnily enough. What brings you..." Pausing, Violet raked her eyes over each of the strangers in turn. "...here?"
"good to see you, though we already met today," Amber said in a cordial fashion, "I actually was hoping you would prove me wrong on something." She looked towards the queen of the underworld. She took out from her pocket the vial. The vial was a deep crimson as if it was dipped blood. "is it... is it what I hope it isn't?" She winced her head away and removed the stopper. The smell erupted outward and assaulted Violet's senses.
Last edited by Saleon on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse