NATION

PASSWORD

Assassination Academy: King of Killers! (OOC,Interest, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 pm

I was meaning my post, as i didnt expect it to be 3 paragraphs, nor did i expect it to end with my character saying a villain line.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Penguinia-Tempor
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Penguinia-Tempor » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:46 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I was meaning my post, as i didnt expect it to be 3 paragraphs, nor did i expect it to end with my character saying a villain line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
I am the master of video responses.
P2TM RPer and Proud!

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:11 pm

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Cool, thanks.

ARRGHH

Now you've made me feel bad for such a short post!

It's okay. Not everyone can be as fabulous as moi. :P

More seriously, though, longposting just comes pretty naturally at this point. I've been building up my writing skills for about five years now. A few years ago, my average posts were significantly shorter than they are now. It's mostly about trying to capture the environment and the character's physical and emotional disposition, especially in relation to the environment. Describing the character's thoughts, feelings, and actions in reaction to everything that's going on around them.

Drakmah wrote:Alright! So Atlannia and I spoke and thought it would be best for me to also make a second year student to help guide everyone. So here they are! I'd love feed back as im 90% Atlannia hasn't gotten my TG about them due to timezones so this is subject to change. Anyway, here they are!

Personal Information
Name: Kelsusatunacor Gefsa - or - Kelsi for short

He looks pretty good to me. He seems pretty well-balanced -- capable of magical attacks, melee attacks, and healing. I did notice that you didn't really include any defensive techniques -- was that intentional? Not a complaint, just a point of note. Also, actually how strong are his healing capabilities? Can he grow back or reattach an arm? Can he mend a broken bone?

Honestly, though, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Drakmah wrote:Alright! So Atlannia and I spoke and thought it would be best for me to also make a second year student to help guide everyone. So here they are! I'd love feed back as im 90% Atlannia hasn't gotten my TG about them due to timezones so this is subject to change. Anyway, here they are!

Personal Information
Name: Kelsusatunacor Gefsa - or - Kelsi for short

He looks pretty good to me. He seems pretty well-balanced -- capable of magical attacks, melee attacks, and healing. I did notice that you didn't really include any defensive techniques -- was that intentional? Not a complaint, just a point of note. Also, actually how strong are his healing capabilities? Can he grow back or reattach an arm? Can he mend a broken bone?

Well he can use his swords for defense i guess but with the endurance grade of a C along with the healing i figured being too durable whether by defensive techniques or what wouldn't accurately represent the stat grade.

The heal is just for cuts and lacerations and such. He could heal a broken bone after an extended period of time, say a few hours, but nothing like limb regrowth. At best for that he would seal off where he lost the limb so he wouldn't bleed out. But that being said he needs to stay in the light for healing to occur so its not very feasible for healing large things at night.

He doesn't like going out at night xD
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:30 pm

I just saw the app now Drak, looks good.

In general everyone's posts so far have been good. I'll try and get a post up tonight to move things along and do something for those who haven't been mentioned yet.
...!?!

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Drakmah wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:

Well he can use his swords for defense i guess but with the endurance grade of a C along with the healing i figured being too durable whether by defensive techniques or what wouldn't accurately represent the stat grade.

The heal is just for cuts and lacerations and such. He could heal a broken bone after an extended period of time, say a few hours, but nothing like limb regrowth. At best for that he would seal off where he lost the limb so he wouldn't bleed out. But that being said he needs to stay in the light for healing to occur so its not very feasible for healing large things at night.

He doesn't like going out at night xD

Makes sense.

By the way, Atlan, when people die does their equipment teleport with them, or does it stay on the battlefield?

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:36 pm

Atlannia wrote:I just saw the app now Drak, looks good.

In general everyone's posts so far have been good. I'll try and get a post up tonight to move things along and do something for those who haven't been mentioned yet.

Awesome!
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:09 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Makes sense.

By the way, Atlan, when people die does their equipment teleport with them, or does it stay on the battlefield?

Equipment goes with you unless it's like a live grenade or something.
...!?!

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:22 pm

So, you got a fight on the main road.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:36 pm

I almost got a heart attack when I see the ambush's already started and my characters are the only ones that haven't responded yet.

Posted.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:11 am

I just edited my post to make it a lot, lot longer.

I hope that doesn't land me in RP prison....
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

If knowledge is power, then we are all powerless and the universe is god.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:18 am

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:I just edited my post to make it a lot, lot longer.

I liked it. :P

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:30 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:I just edited my post to make it a lot, lot longer.

I liked it. :P

Reading through your post, I feel as if you should be a lot creepier, like that little girl with the really long black hair who just sings nursery rhymes and stares at people with puppy dog eyes until suddenly some eldritch abomination bursts through the wall and [CENSORED]

Also, a reply to Sindrya's "Current" Anime senpai waifu thing;

http://seansoo.tumblr.com/post/13089285 ... -me-harder

It's not NSFW. Just look at the video.
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have gazed beyond the bounds of infinity, the folds of reality that keep us entombed in disillusion, hiding us from the treasures of ultimate knowledge, and thus, ultimate power.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:16 am

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:I liked it. :P

Reading through your post, I feel as if you should be a lot creepier, like that little girl with the really long black hair who just sings nursery rhymes and stares at people with puppy dog eyes until suddenly some eldritch abomination bursts through the wall and [CENSORED]

That might be kind of fun, but I've done characters like that. *shrugs* I'm kind of aiming for someone who's sorta shy and friendly, and seems like an overall good and well-adjusted person on the outside, but who has been kind of twisted by the sadistic magic that's lodged itself inside of her. (I won't call it evil, since at its core, it's not actually malicious; it simply originates in a dimension with an ecosystem completely different from Earth's/Nexus's, and by extension a completely alien morality system.) You wouldn't think much of her, and her overall abilities aren't exceptional, but when she wants to she can kill people in really horrific ways. I also kind of want to explore her development as she becomes steadily more sadistic and grapples with unwillingly wanting to hurt people -- because, really, she wants to be a good person, but due to her connection with the grimoire, she literally cannot resist causing pain (and a part of her doesn't even understand why one would resist).

I'll probably become a lot more comfortable and familiar with her character over the next week or two, of course, and the way I RP her will become more natural, and will likely shift a bit.

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:37 am

Continuity Errors:

Venom killed 2 people at the very least.

Agatha killed 3 people and is pinned down by one.

Rikimaru killed 1 person and is implied to have killed 2 or more after that.

Annis killed 2 people and is pinned down by one.

Hata killed 1 person and is implied to have killed 2 or more after that.

This means even if the "living" individuals who pinned down the characters were later killed, there was a minimum of 13 people involved in the ambush WITH THE MOST GENEROUS ESTIMATES POSSIBLE. If logic and context is to be pertained to from the posts, up to 18 people were in the ambush, even though the OP post said 7 people.

This also means that a group of 5 killed a group of 13-17 which is an average ratio of 3 to 1, which is an insane number for a group of students who just arrived on the island, and none of whom ever got injured in the first salvo, and only two of which were injured, and just one of which was severely and unhealably injured.

Not sure what to do 'bout that.

I'm pretty sure this isn't how Atlannia wanted this to start out, but hey, let's just promise in future to engage in more 1v1 combat, instead of;

"I kill A then B then C shoots me then I kill D and C at the same time
then I heal myself and kill E after seeing E after someone saved me from F, of whom had also killed G H and I but got pinned down by J so I killed J but J was saved by K and L working together while M, who is the most powerful tried to kill me and my friend, but was accidentally killed when we misled N's shots towards M who accidentally also killed L, then we both killed K, but then J who was still alive revived L but then we had to shoot them, at which point O, P, Q, R and S all jumped out of a vehicle designed by T and driven by U, T of which we killed while they were heading towards us and we also killed R, S and O when they were disembarking, at which point P and Q opened fire while U tried to ram us, but we blew up U by shooting his engine also killing V, W and X who were using his vehicle as cover, after which P and Q managed to hit us and pin us down, then Y attacked us, joining P and Q, then Z tried to flank us but we used an explosive to kill P and Y, and severely injure Q, then we teamed up to kill Z, after which Q shot us with his last dying breath after which we were both badly injured and finished off Q, and stumbled into the hall, collapsing at the foot of the stairs and dying, but technically completing the challenge."
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:37 am

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:I liked it. :P

Mate.

Do you even know where that moth waifu came from?

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:Continuity Errors:

This means even if the "living" individuals who pinned down the characters were later killed, there was a minimum of 13 people involved in the ambush WITH THE MOST GENEROUS ESTIMATES POSSIBLE. If logic and context is to be pertained to from the posts, up to 18 people were in the ambush, even though the OP post said 7 people.

This also means that a group of 5 killed a group of 13-17 which is an average ratio of 3 to 1, which is an insane number for a group of students who just arrived on the island, and none of whom ever got injured in the first salvo, and only two of which were injured, and just one of which was severely and unhealably injured.

I'm pretty sure this isn't how Atlannia wanted this to start out, but hey, let's just promise in future to engage in more 1v1 combat, instead of;

then I heal myself and kill E after seeing E after someone saved me from F, of whom had also killed G H and I but got pinned down by J so I killed J but J was saved by K and L working together while M, who is the most powerful tried to kill me and my friend, but was accidentally killed when we misled N's shots towards M who accidentally also killed L, then we both killed K, but then J who was still alive revived L but then we had to shoot them, at which point O, P, Q, R and S all jumped out of a vehicle designed by T and driven by U, T of which we killed while they were heading towards us and we also killed R, S and O when they were disembarking, at which point P and Q opened fire while U tried to ram us, but we blew up U by shooting his engine also killing V, W and X who were using his vehicle as cover, after which P and Q managed to hit us and pin us down, then Y attacked us, joining P and Q, then Z tried to flank us but we used an explosive to kill P and Y, and severely injure Q, then we teamed up to kill Z, after which Q shot us with his last dying breath after which we were both badly injured and finished off Q, and stumbled into the hall, collapsing at the foot of the stairs and dying, but technically completing the challenge."

Sssh.

Just let it be.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:40 am

Sindrya wrote:
Hank J Wimbleton wrote:

Mate.

Do you even know where that moth waifu came from?

No, oh great one, I admit to my foolishness and ignorance!

Please guide me in the ways of the Moth Waifu, oh great and wondrous one of infinite knowledge and radiance!

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:48 am

Nature-Spirits wrote:That might be kind of fun, but I've done characters like that. *shrugs* I'm kind of aiming for someone who's sorta shy and friendly, and seems like an overall good and well-adjusted person on the outside, but who has been kind of twisted by the sadistic magic that's lodged itself inside of her. (I won't call it evil, since at its core, it's not actually malicious; it simply originates in a dimension with an ecosystem completely different from Earth's/Nexus's, and by extension a completely alien morality system.) You wouldn't think much of her, and her overall abilities aren't exceptional, but when she wants to she can kill people in really horrific ways. I also kind of want to explore her development as she becomes steadily more sadistic and grapples with unwillingly wanting to hurt people -- because, really, she wants to be a good person, but due to her connection with the grimoire, she literally cannot resist causing pain (and a part of her doesn't even understand why one would resist).

I'll probably become a lot more comfortable and familiar with her character over the next week or two, of course, and the way I RP her will become more natural, and will likely shift a bit.

I'm kinda jealous, I can never do darker characters without immediately planning out their elaborate redemption with the power of friendship, which takes some of the sting out of it.

Ah yeah good catch. I'm not going to make you guys revise it now though I'd certainly encourage you to do so if you want to. But in future when you're dealing with limited numbers of enemies you should probably coordinate a little bit more OOC'ly, although the model I decided to use where we basically spawn a bunch of npcs and tell you to go nuts kind of enouraged this situation a little bit. Maybe Drakmah can change 7 to several.

Also I noticed that the ill defined assault rifle in Elizabeth's app has become

Palmyrion wrote: a Bushmaster ACR, a rather rare interdimensional artifact in the world of Nexus, and chambered for 6.8mm.

Look do people really wanna use real world firearms that badly? I mean yes it's entirely possible within the rules I set up but it seems like a hassle for your character. Why would you choose a rifel with no documentation which is chambered for a round that might not even be produced in this world when it's arguable there would be readily available to them. I mean Elizabeth's parents were part of a task force that fought off an alien invasion, you really think they couldn't get her a more advanced weapon than an ACR?

I feel like I'm coming off as overly pedantic on this point but I guess it just bother me that the world I set up with no little effort doesn't seem deep enough to have a useable assault rifle in it. I dunno.
...!?!

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:51 am

No...

Please...

I don't want to! No!

YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND VERMIN

Please! I don't want to invent multiple gun companies and their products for a Nationstates OOC post! PLEASE!

HAHAHAHAHA! Your mind is MINE to toy with, fool! YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!

No, NO! NOOOO!!!!

EXPECT SOMETHING SOON :)

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:56 am

Hank J Wimbleton wrote:No...

Please...

I don't want to! No!

YOU WILL DO AS I COMMAND VERMIN

Please! I don't want to invent multiple gun companies and their products for a Nationstates OOC post! PLEASE!

HAHAHAHAHA! Your mind is MINE to toy with, fool! YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!

No, NO! NOOOO!!!!

EXPECT SOMETHING SOON :)

Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.
...!?!

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:57 am

Atlannia wrote:Look do people really wanna use real world firearms that badly? I mean yes it's entirely possible within the rules I set up but it seems like a hassle for your character. Why would you choose a rifel with no documentation which is chambered for a round that might not even be produced in this world when it's arguable there would be readily available to them. I mean Elizabeth's parents were part of a task force that fought off an alien invasion, you really think they couldn't get her a more advanced weapon than an ACR?

I feel like I'm coming off as overly pedantic on this point but I guess it just bother me that the world I set up with no little effort doesn't seem deep enough to have a useable assault rifle in it. I dunno.

Atlannia is disturbed by the fact no one wants to have laser weapons.

Well, 1960 mains a locally made FAL, but she's well aware that there are more weapons available to her. Which I will create through B.I.O. Technologies.

Now hurry up with the bot fight :P
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:00 am

Sonitusia wrote:Atlannia is disturbed by the fact no one wants to have laser weapons.

Well, 1960 mains a locally made FAL, but she's well aware that there are more weapons available to her. Which I will create through B.I.O. Technologies.

Now hurry up with the bot fight

I'm working on it. Also changing my current facebook mood to "distrubed by the fact no one wants to have laser weapons"
...!?!

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:09 am

Guys, can someone respond to my character?
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Hank J Wimbleton
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hank J Wimbleton » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 am

OOC Gun Company List:

Ashton Firearms:

History: Ashton Firearms was founded by Ashton Dyer, who inherited a fortune from his dead father who was a previous oil baron who sold processed fuels to various military groups and paramilitary organisations in exchange for technology and money. Ashton proceeded to denounce the ways of his previously extremely covert and proxy-based father's policies and used all of his liquid assets to set up a military weapons manufacturing front, specialising in standard military combat firearms, and is the leading provider for Alterran firearms, closely followed by the United Alterran Gun Manufacturing Company (UAGMC). They, to this day, have never manufactured a shotgun due to Vaughn and Smitherson's monopoly on that industry.

Most Notable Still Circulated Firearms:

Ashton 12 Combat Rifle: Possibly the most common combat rifle in the world used for hunting after a massive wave of anti-firearm laws that were enforced in most of the world's free nations removed many of its alternatives. This rifle is mediocre in every way. It chambers up to 15 bullets at a time, fires semi-automatically and is capable of firing up to an effective range of 300 to 500 metres. Many civilian models come with an extended magazine and aesthetic as well as ergonomic improvements, but often at the expense of their own validity as not-in-jail people, and their not-being-constantly-sued-for-their-entire-net-worth people value.

Ashton 18 Combat Rifle: A rifle often criticized for its extremely low stopping power, but beloved by all for just how good it feels to have in your hand. This gun was literally designed with ergonomics as the only important thing, with the whole "shooting bullets" thing being almost an afterthought. It's light, very durable and hard to break, easy to dismantle, clean and repair, has light and stable ammunition and can mount almost any attachment, not including a grenade launcher surprisingly due to its very thin barrel which was required to make it not too heavy. It is a bolt-lock rifle that fires surprisingly small bullets, being barely the size of a standard pistol munition, but being very long and narrow to hold more gunpowder for its propulsion. It doesn't have much velocity, but fires at a surprising rate, having a well-oiled system that allows for increased loading efficiency. Most hunters used this rifle until it was banned due to its ease of being sneaked through security.

Ashton 19 Combat Rifle: A semi-automatic rifle with a very short barrel, designed for civilian and officer use. It is usually manufactured out of lacquered wood and highly-decorated and painted plastics and metals, designed for extreme reliability and decent power, while sacrificing fire-rate. It has a slow loading mechanism that never jams due to an overcomplicated redundancy system which slows it down immensely. It is very durable, but hard to repair and its decorations must be maintained almost daily in a ritualistic cycle with the provided kit hat is sold with it, and without the constant maintenance it quickly breaks down into what looks like a second hand kids' toy.

Ashton Light Machine Gun 3 (ALM 3): A dying brand of machine gun, but still quite popular among paramilitary groups and the occasional drug lord. This weapon used to be produced en-masse during a civil war in Byzena led by a highly disgruntled civilian group. The company sold to both sides secretly, and this rendered the weapon both overused and too easy to come by, now being strewn literally everywhere in those countries, with stockpiles of up to hundreds of the guns and millions of rounds being found in random abandoned military shacks in the wilderness. It is a box fed system that requires a lot of winding up, but is capable of going through tank armour, can often be found along with incendiary phosphorous rounds and fires 12 bullets per second, having ammo crates holding up to 500 to over 3000 bullets depending on the size and weight.

ALM 6: A machine gun designed for anti-infantry purposes only, it barely contains enough power and bullet velocity to break through 2 centimetres of mediocre strength wood, but makes up for this shortcoming by firing 30 bullets per second up to an effective range twice that of normal infantry rifles due to an incredibly secretive bullet design, streamlined enough to travel up to 900 metres away and still be lethal. It always comes with an enormous box of ammunition, and many soldiers protest its designation as a light machine gun due to the sheer bulk of ammunition needed, though Ashton stubbornly refuses, wanting to keep the 20% shipping tax that it's dodging with this special little designation.

Ashton Heavy Machine Gun 2 (AHM 2): Despite its almost comical unwieldiness, becoming dubbed the "final gun on the soldier's back" in parody of "the last straw", it weighs upwards of 30 to a staggering 50 kilograms depending on its manufacturing facility, has three tripods that are needed to hold its enormous barrel and has 80 calibre bullets that are literally so heavy that only 15 seconds of sustained fire from this weapon will have already used up all of the ammo that one soldier could possibly carry at one time. It is usually vehicle mounted and for good reason, firing rounds capable of piercing even the heaviest of armour and even being capable of shooting down low-flying aeroplanes and instantly taking down low-flying drones, firing at a rate of 20 rounds per second. The weapon is often nailed into the ground, and there are reports that during combat on rocky terrain it may even destroy the rock around it, flying backwards and crushing the soldier's skull, instantly killing them. Despite this, it remains one of the most mass-produced heavy machine guns in the world, though personnel are extremely wary of its use.

Ashton Selective Fire Assault Rifle 7 (ASFAR 7): The most mass-produced rifle the world has ever seen, used by multiple legitimate mercenary groups as well as being the standard navy and airforce firearm for the Alterran military. It is very ergonomic, being easy to disassemble, having easily replaceable and interchangeable parts and having easily distributable ammo and repair kits, both of which are manufactured en masse and come in a variety of containers, being very hard to damage and incredibly light and versatile for nearly all Ashton firearms. It holds 40 bullets, fires 2.5 times a second and has a melee-oriented stock and often comes with a cast iron bayonet designed specifically for a single thrust, having no serrated edges and being easy to withdraw from an enemy body.

ASFAR 8: This rifle is hard to reload, hard to manage and hard to clean or so much as manufacture in the first place, being welded together in many cases due to the redundancy of being capable of being dismantled in the first place since this never happens anyways. In any case, no one cares since it can fire up to 30,000 shots without breaking or overheating, its parts are practically indestructible and formed out of the highest grade materials only and it is literally completely environment proof, remaining functional in humidities of 100%, rain, hail, temperatures above 300 degrees Celsius until the gunpowder in its bullets spontaneously combusts which is a completely unchangeable design flaw and it can also be dropped in water and that water frozen, and all you need to do is throw it in a fire and it will come out as if brand new. It holds 30 bullets and fires 3 bullets per second, being able to fire in semi-automatic mode or fully automatic, or the colloquially named; "Shit-Hits-The-Fan mode" more formally known as overdrive mode where it fires 10 bullets per second, though this is only achievable through a specific modification only available for military use. It is capable of having a Ashton Small-Arms Grenade Attachment System attached.

Ashton Small-Arms Grenade Attachment System (ASAGAS): The ASAGAS is a very powerful grenade launcher in the shape of a cylinder capable of being attached to any Ashton standard rifle firearm. It can fire a standard grenade of any manufacturer up to 30 metres away and uses a patented Ashton technology coilgun technology, though this results in the rifle it is mounted on sometimes flying out of the wielder's hand due to the massive recoil, as well as breaking most electronic devices on the person at the time if they are holding it too close to their body and the device in question doesn't have electromagnetic shielding.

Personal Heavy Ordnance Delivery Device (PHODD): A generic grenade launcher that acts on the same principles as a revolver, having 8 chambers, coming with incendiary, chemical and conventional ordnance rounds, including a highly illegal thermite and biological weapon shell casing only available through technically nonexistent channels within the company run by the CEO themselves.

Ashton Urban Combat Sidearm 5 (AUCS): A very heavy combat pistol that chambers up to 12 bullets at a time, and has an enormous amount of recoil. It has a tendency for its loading mechanism to spring apart into pieces, and its ammunition is at best unreliable, but it is incredibly intimidating, and nothing beats it in a close-encounter lasting no more than a few seconds. It is easily capable of puncturing even heavy armour, and also has a specially designed hand-grip that allows for slugging and pistol-whipping, having a weighted lead end and a sharpened clip end.

AUCS 10: This is a tactical pistol, following the same design principle as the stereotypical pistol in civilian perception; fast, sleek, light and quick to unholster. This pistol has a streamlined and ergonomic shape, allowing for quick-draw, as well as having a specially designed holster that is delivered along with the main weapon made out of either leather or somewhat flexible plastic. It is incredibly small and carries only 7 bullets, but fires them with enough power to easily take down a lightly armoured foe from less than 20 metres away, even being strong enough to puncture basic body armour.

Ashton Machine-Pistol 33 (AMP 33): A burst-fire only firearm that was developed the most recently by Ashton, being developed for military use in situations of poor visibility, and is a revised firearm improving on the already established universal modular capabilities of the other AMP models. It holds 40 bullets in its chamber, fires them at a velocity 1.5 times greater than the AMP 1, capable of puncturing heavy infantry armour plating and fires at a rate of 5 bullets per second. It has an inbuilt battery charged by kinetic energy and solar energy, with both generators being housed within the frontal hand-grip underneath the main barrel, manufactured to be incredibly strong. All of its parts are interchangeable and easy to clean, and it is a very versatile and basic weapon.

AMP 1: Despite being the second oldest of Ashton firearms, only behind the Ashton 1 Rifle, this firearm specializes in versatility, being able to attach practically any scope, silencer, suppressor, light and attachment readily available in practically any country other than the already highly militarised Yokotai which already has its own government manufactured guns. It has a very high firing rate, a high bullet capacity but is very prone to jamming and overheating. It fires at a rate of 18 bullets per second and holds 90 bullets in its oversized clip. It has a recoil too powerful for its own good, but its overheating and extremely poor muzzle design causes bullets to break up and expand mid air as well as superheat, practically inventing the sub-trope of shot-pistols now very common throughout the black-market, which has given it its famous reputation for causing excruciating pain, as well as often having multiple entry wounds and not exiting the body properly, causing enormous exit wounds or being lodged inside and causing gangrene, with soldiers dubbing it the first "dirty gun".

Vaughn and Anderson's:

History: Founded by two friends a few hundred years ago in the Council of Seven, this company is almost a polar opposite to Ashton Firearms, manufacturing explosives delivery systems, shotguns, gattling guns and a myriad of bows, surprisingly.

V&A 500: A revolver with 7 bullets and being credited as the loudest firearm ever manufactured by V&A. It fires incredibly powerful shots and has a recoil strong enough to snap unwary wielder's wrists. It has a manual hammer draw-back system that requires the operator to pull it back with their hand themselves, and its bullets are the size of light-machine gun rounds.

V&A 40: An older revolver with 12 bullets, and is significantly less powerful but quicker to draw and still strong enough to easily take down an armoured man. It is very easy to load, having pre-made loaded circular cartridges that are inserted instead of the individual bullets themselves and doesn't need to have its hammer manually pulled back, and indeed is considered significantly better than the V&A 500, though less adept at intimidation.

Vaughn 12: A breach-loaded shotgun that exclusively fires metal slugs. It holds two shots at once and has two miniature triggers next to each other on the grip, allowing for one or both to be fired at once. It is surprisingly heavy for such a simple gun, but has enough power to puncture heavy armour and its recoil is often too much for most wielders, though it is still often chosen above many other guns due to its ease of use and decent accuracy. Vaughn shotguns are the company's oldest firearm.

Vaughn 14: A pump-action shotgun that can fire both pellets, slugs and even a specially designed 'canister' shot that is an ablative series of casings that propel a central projectile ever deeper, causing maximum penetration power. It can hold up to 5 casings at a time, doesn't have a stock and is designed to be compact and light, succeeding in both of these, being the most favoured weapon for law enforcers and law breakers alike.

Vaughn 29: Another pump-action shotgun, but this time it's much larger, having a stock, a much bigger barrel and holding up to 18 casings at a time. It has an ergonomic design to account for its unwieldy weight and fires its bullets at a velocity comparable to the Vaughn 12, capable of denting tank armour and tearing through light vehicle playing. It has an unusual amount of spread for a shotugn.

Vaughn 33: A semi-automatic self-loading shotgun designed only to fire pellet casings and for close-quarters-combat. It has an extremely strange and rounded shape, though this helps to get it through doorways and tight spaces, and has an absolutely massive bullet spread. It can also be outfitted to fire special pellet rounds such as superheated tungsten, copper filaments and even biological weapons. It holds up to 12 rounds at once.

Vaughn 34: A fully automatic shotgun, Vaughn and Anderson's latest attempt at a tactical, modern shotgun. It fires completely automatically and can hold up to 18 rounds at once, making its clip very large, but firing them at a rate of once per second in a large cone, being able to fire any round ever manufactured for any previous Vaughn shotgun at improved velocity, range and accuracy as well as having a selective-fire system built in. It has been dubbed the 'Devil's Asthma Puffer' due to its reputation for brutality and its strange shape.

Sniper 1 (S1): Despite the non-brand name, this is one of V&A's most famous and popular firearms, having a long barrel and being solid with a bipod, explosive rounds, incendiary rounds and chemical rounds. It is the preferred military sniper rifle of most of the world's military excluding Yokotai, and fires massive rounds at a velocity that has given rise to the infamous field strategy of "wall hacking" where a soldier will fire through a thin layer of metal, concrete or an entire wooden plank in order to assassinate a target on the other side. It is a bolt-lock rifle and has a recoil strong enough to knock the wielder out cold.

Sniper 11 (S11): Confusingly, this is actually only the second Sniper that V&A have made, being the direct successor to S1 and having no further developments so far. It is designed for non-stationary use, being light enough to hold in the hand and fire from the forearm, not requiring a bipod to use. It fires rounds at a moderate speed for a sniper-rifle and is designed to muffle its own sound, being tactically oriented instead of firepower-obsessed, being a surprisingly quiet and light weapon. Each clip holds 4 rounds, and it's semi-automatic.

Anderson 9: A semi-automatic bullpup rifle that chambers big rounds and fires big rounds. It has a cartridge of 20 bullets and is designed with accuracy and reliability in mind. It has high-quality parts and an easy cleaning system as well as special chemicals and liquids designed to remove blockages and prevent rust. It has a very good level of accuracy and a very long effective range and has enough power to go through infantry padding.

Anderson 12: A bolt-lock rifle which is hard to clean, hard to disassemble and hard to make work in the first place, but the few people who have gotten it working with a special myriad of daily cleaning routines have found it to be an excellent firearm, discharging rounds at terrific velocities, sporting a very ergonomic design and an accuracy comparable to a sniper rifle.

Anderson 13: A semi-automatic combat rifle with stopping power and fire-rate, but sacrificing range. Its bullets are discharged with a very large amount of force but at the 200 metre mark suddenly begin to decelerate, making it useless beyond that point, due to their strange shape. It can fire very quickly, is easy to handle due to a hydraulics system to manage the recoil and has a decent enough power to be "good enough" for use in the field.

Explosive Ballistic Delivery System (EBDS): A breach-loaded grenade launcher with one slot that fires one extremely large grenade. It has specially designed ammunition that is inserted and can be modified by using small adjustments knobs on the outside of its casing in order to change its detonation period, how far it should be shot and how explosive it should be.

EBDS 2: A rocket launcher that chambers three rockets at a time and fires that all at once or one at a time depending on the setting. Each of the rockets can have practically any payload or warhead imaginable but the most common, the thermite explosive head, is capable of melting through a metre of reinforced steel and blow through concrete.

Vaughn Fourteen Five: A submachine gun that holds 24 bullets, fires 3 of them a second and can chamber practically any bullet modification, including incendiary, poison, chemical, biological explosive, hollow point and armour piercing. It was actually a prototype built in collaboration for a short time with the Yokotai government for the HOUND (High Ordinance Utility Neutralisiation Device) Project which both factions immediately cut ties with each-other because of the Yokotai Government's aggressive push for more of V&A's technology and facilities.

V&A Composite Bow: A stereotypical bow with a stereotypical amount of force. It is designed both for civilian and military use and is designed with range in mind, as well as having a string that can be stretched much, much further than it ever would really need to be.

V&A Recurve Bow Mark 82: A recurve bow designed for civilian hunting and recreational use that has enough power to kill, enough range to fight off shotgun wielders and pistol wielders and a surprisingly quiet twang when it fires, making it ideal for stealth.

V&A Military Crossbow 15: A crossbow that fires heavy bolts designed by V&A. It has enough power to rival that of combat rifles and an effective range to match, being moreso a military and medieval improvement than a recreational tool. It can be loaded with modern-designed fire, poison and explosive arrowheads as well as fire a "whistling arrow" as a flare in the field searching for rescue or to rally troops to one location.

V&A Handbow 22: A wrist-mounted bow that fires a variety of arrows. It has enough power to puncture skin and crush the windpipe using a special dart or weighted arrow.

United Alterran Gun Manufacturing Company: (UAGMC)

History: A national gun manufacturing front that is completely separate from the government, but is instead formed of almost every single gun manufacturing company in all of Alterra combined, being the only major rival of Ashton Firearms in Alterra. They manufacture sniper rifles, flamethrowers, various "spray" weapons and rocket launchers or many different kinds, and are one of the world's leading ballistics sector developers, even owning a supercomputer they use for designing their weapons. They are not to be mistaken for either being high tech or highly organised though, mostly being a collective group of bickering companies each of which want their own slice of the pie, but are united by their unanimous need to overcome Ashton at some point.

Alterra United Sniper Rifle (AU-SR): A sniper rifle for use in the field, it's a bolt-lock rifle with a long thin barrel and a firing mechanism designed to be as light as possible. It has a patented hydraulic recoil absorption system that almost totally removes any noticeable recoil. Due to its low recoil and its relatively small size, it is very easily silence-able, providing one of the most cunning and versatile stealth snipers available for any military group in the world.

AU-SR 5: A powerful rifle designed for accuracy above all else. Despite its less than ergonomic design and the lack of almost any kind of way of holding it other than slinging the heavy brute of a gun across the wielder's back, the firearm is powerful enough to puncture even the heaviest of armour and even go through up to a centimetre of steel or more. It is fully automatic and has selective fire options as well. It fires a bullet every 1 second in automatic mode and chambers 8 bullets.

AU-SR 6: A burst-rifle sniper, surprisingly, that fires 3 shots in quick succession each at a lower velocity than normal, but added together are capable of going through most obstacles. The design is better for going through walls as each bullet takes down own object; as the mantra goes; "The first the wall the second the armour the third the skull." The sniper is almost always used while equipped with either the infrared scope or infrared goggles. It chambers 15 bullets at a time and each burst takes 1.5 seconds.

Alterra United Assault Rifle 8(AU-AR): An average assault rifle, with burst fire or single-shot. Each burst contains 3 bullets out of its clip of 60, a staggering number, but made possible due to the heavily improved chambering system that allows for half of the clip to be buried inside the body of the gun itself as well as the sheer tiny size of the bullets while still maintaining lethal force, though being less than what would be expected for an assault rifle. It has a decent range but extreme accuracy and is very good for medium range engagements. It is the only collaboration between Alterran United and Ashton Firearms, being able to hold any attachment manufactured by either company, including Ashton's PHODD grenade launcher.

AU-AR 10: As with the bullpup rifle craze at the time, this rifle is a fully automatic or burst fire bullpup rifle designed to be fired from the shoulder or from the front of the head. It trades ammunition capacity for range and ergonomics, being easy to hold and carry as well as having an effective range as long as some sniper rifles and having bullets capable of puncturing heavy plating at close-range, but only having 20 bullets per cartridge. Modifications are available to make it hold much more ammunition and it can also be direct fed ammunition, but this requires a large ammunition pack to be worn. It can fire at a rate of 4 bullets per second and fires 5 bullets per burst.

AU-AR 25: This rifle was designed to be heavy. It's extremely hard to carry, its bullets are the size of a adult's finger and then some, and even its maintenance tools are massive. It fires bullets with enough recoil to actually maim or even kill weaker wielders and is exclusively used by infantry heavies, often with padding and reinforcement on the hand and shoulder area to prevent dislocation. It chambers up to 40 bullets at a time, fires 2 per second or can be adjusted to fire 8 per second using a special adjustment. A hydraulic recoil buffer is almost a necessity for this gun, which fires its bullets with enough force to damage tank armour.

AU-AR 34: Contrary to popular belief, this rifle is not possessed by a demon, though it is prone to enormous recoil for no reason, overheating and literally exploding inside the wielder's hands. The only reason it is still relevant is because of how cheap it is. It can clips of 20, 30 and 40 bullets for sale as well as cleaning kits and lubricants that are practically needed to ensure the gun so much as does even a little bit more damage to the enemy than the wielder's side. Older models are fully automatic and fire 3 bullets per second, and newer ones can only fire in semi-automatic mode.

Tactical Alterra United Assault Rifle (T-AU-AR): A tactical rifle with 5 settings; Safe, semi-automatic, burst fire, partially automatic and fully automatic. In burst fire, it fires 2 bullets at a time, in partially automatic it fires 2 bullets per second and in fully automatic it fires 5 bullets per second from its 30 bullet clip. It is designed for maximum versatility and is easy to disassemble and switch parts out as well as being capable of being folded, and having almost any imaginable attachment be capable of being mounted on it, including a bipod, a bayonet and a hand-grip at the front. It is quite a light weapon but has enough power to take out moderately armoured personnel typical in an urban environment as well as having specially made ammunition designed to puncture reinforced areas and an incendiary version of its ammunition.

Alterra United Chemical Flamethrower (AU-CF): Basically a pump, two tanks and a whole lot of incendiary fluids. It can spew a liquid with the viscosity and weight of water up to a distance of 5 metres in a cone 1 metre wide, designed for spread and not range. It can spray specially designed military grade "sticky fire" up to a distance of over 4 metres. The substance it is usually filled with is a combination of nitro-glycerin, oil, tar and various animal fats and is notorious for being both impossible to wash out and instantly soaking through even waterproof clothes, burning the victim to a crisp. Particularly gruesome is when it finds a mucous membrane or an open wound and the liquid literally soaks through their body and burns them from the inside out.

Alterra United Gaseous Flamethrower (AU-GF): Similar in design to the AU-CF, this weapon sprays and ignites a jet of highly presssurized gas in a thin jet of over 5000 degrees Celsius up to a range of 8 metres in a 0.5 metre wide cone, almost like a single fire jet. It is capable of melting most metals and burning out bunkers easily, and uses a mix of hydrogen, oxygen, a special mix of dusts that form thermite in the air and jellied petroleum designed to dissolve into gas upon exposure to air.

Alterra United Rocket Delivery System 19 (AU-RDS): A single tube that uses an open blowback system to propel a rocket with a large warhead on it, making it possibly the most stereotypical and normal rocket launcher in the entire world.

AU-RDS 20: This rocket launcher is designed for anti-vehicular purposes and is a large cylinder with a rocket mounted inside that is propelled using a jet-engine style propulsion system. It contains a micro-computer that guides the rocket, which is a homing rocket, to either seek heat, lock onto a target or simply fire in a straight line. The system can also be put on a tripod and a computer attachment can be added to tell it to fire whenever a designated object passes into its range, as well as another computer attachment that allows it to aim itself and even reload itself with the right machinery set-up, basically being an autonomous hand-held turret.

Alterra United Grenade Launcher (AU-GL): This is a grenade launcher that is almost as bad for the enemy as the AU-CP. It fires sticky-grenades that have a glue that actually bonds to the covalent bonds of most military grade materials, and cold-welds itself to metal plating by removing the layer of oxidized material on top using a special acid and an oxygen-reactant gas, thus making it impossible to remove without practically destroying the material it is attached to. The grenade is actually a timed explosive controlled by a radio transceiver inside the launcher that can toggle when it opens its unreactive super-smooth plastic casing which opens up a single large blue blob of glue and a single explosive inside that can be remotely detonated or have its timer changed. A limb with this stuck to it must be left suspended for a week to wait for the glue to dry before forced removal, often taking a layer of skin with it, otherwise amputation is the only way. The glue itself hardens into a concrete like, heavy porous substance, and the weapon has been banned in almost every single country and military group in the world.

Alterra United Combat Pistol 6 (AU-CP): A very weak pistol that is about the size of an average civilian pocket, used for stealth and in situations where firepower isn't necessary, but mobility and tactical usage is. It has decent accuracy and quite an impressive range for its less than mediocre power, only enough to kill within two shots to the abdomen and not even consistently being able to shatter the skull. It holds 7 bullets per clip, of which the bullets are very small, allowing for extremely quick reloading as well as having so little recoil as for the wielder to often report they didn't realise the gun had fired, as they thought the sound it had made was from another firearm due to them not feeling any recoil whatsoever.

AU-CP 7: A classic pistol with 18 bullets, an excellent level of accuracy and low range. It has quite some power and can also fire in burst-fire, technically making it a machine-pistol, though this was only added to models after its initial manufacturing, so technically it is still part of the pistol series of guns manufactured by Alterra United. It has a surprising amount of stopping power for its size and it is very easy to maintain, as all of its parts are interchangeable with the AU-CP 15 and AU-CP 21.

AU-CP 15: This pistol only has parts used to manufacture the AU-CP 21 and AU-CP 7, thus making their parts interchangeable and repair extremely easy. This pistol is quite large and extremely loud, chambering 8 bullets at a time and firing them with the force of a jack-hammer, making both hands needed to so much as keep it steady when aiming. It is practically a hand-cannon and is often modified to have its barrel made longer and a stock added so that it looks more like a combat rifle and thus is easier to handle, having enough power to go through heavy armour and vehicle plating.

AU-CP 21: This pistol has interchangeable parts with the AU-CP 15 and AU-CP 7. It is a very versatile pistol with a series of scopes designed specifically for it and can even attach a grenade launcher, though this often makes it seem ridiculous in combat and unsightly. It is designed to fire specialised rounds only, not having conventional ammunition support whatsoever. It has clips of 5, 10 and 12 bullets that can be purchased and can fire poisonous, incendiary and hollow point bullets, each of which can be loaded into the clip in any order, allowing for it to fire a hollow point then two incendiary bullets and then a poison bullet without having to exchange clips.

Alterra United Combat Rifle 37 (AU-C): A heavy-carbine rifle that fires a single powerful shot. It is bolt-lock fed and has the ability to also shoot shotgun shells, surprisingly. It is extremely powerful but has little recoil due to an advanced buffer system, and it never needs to be cleaned due to its ingenious system of using the recoil to scrape the firing mechanism clean as well as sort out an clogged or jammed parts using an advanced gear system as well as a hatch that can be used to open the entire gun up, practically taking half of it off.

AU-C 42: A powerful semi-automatic rifle that has an extremely long effective range and incredibly accuracy. It has mediocre power and its bullets have trouble going through brittle materials such as metals. It has a clip size of 9 bullets and it can also have a bayonet mounted, as well as a weighted stock for melee combat, though these features are rarely used due to the gun's propensity for its attachments to randomly fall off for no reason due to its badly designed slotting system.

Alterra United Shotgun Weapon 1 (AU-SW): A heavy-spread shotgun with minimal features, having a short barrel, a semi-automatic feeding system and room for only 3 slugs or casings at a time. It is easily dismantled and its small parts are easy to lose, but it is formed out of mostly easy-to-get pieces and is a common weapon for guerrilla and paramilitary groups without enough money to buy military-grade equipment.

AU-SW 5: A fully automatic shotgun that fires superheated metal filaments and nothing else. It holds up to 15 casings at a time, an insane number for a shotgun, due to its "chain" system that stores many of the cartridges inside the firing mechanism and the beginning of the barrel as opposed to the actual clip itself. It fires twice per second and can also be fired in a semi-automatic fashion, and is prone to overheating but can having a water-cooling system attached to alleviate this functional concern. It is devastating to organic targets, almost instantly killing them if they are hit, but is weak against almost any kind of thick padding or heavy armour.

Alterra United Chemical Delivery System 63 (AU-CDS): Technically just a glorified fire-hydrant with an extended nozzle, this weapon is purely used in HAZMAT suits and has a toggling system to change which canister it uses. The wielder wears 1 to 4 canisters on their back which each hold a different chemical. Said chemicals include aerosolized succinylcholine, botulinum bacteria, anthrax, distilled hydrochloric acid, heavy-water, carbon and foam as well as various incendiary chemicals. It can spray them in a fine mist or a large cone within a range of 3 to 6 metres depending on pressure.

AU-CDS 77: This is a more advanced, but less versatile system than the AU-CDS 63, firing chemicals in a straight jet up to 20 metres away with almost no spread, mainly spraying caustic materials or acute poisons and toxins such as nightshade toxins, skin-absorbed ricin and acids.

Alterra United Biological Agent Delivery System (AU-BADS): This is a dart-gun that fires darts that are designed for the tip to press into the victim's skin and then puncture afterwards, breaking a seal on the inside and injecting various potent substances and toxins such as paralysing drugs and hallucinogenics. Other times it injects necrosis-inducing chemicals and chemicals that are literally designed to do nothing but cause excruciating, crushing pain to the subject.

Alterra United Marine Combat Weapon 1 (AU-MCW): A harpoon gun. What. you expected more? It holds one bullet and fires at a rate of one bullet per second. Happy?

AU-MCW 2: An underwater rifle that holds up to 60 bullets in a trail behind it, all of which are surrounded in a bouyant foam casing that stops them from dragging along the ocean floor, and are joined by a thick metal link that is locked until removed by a part of the firing mechanism as well as impossible to separate through conventional means during fast-paced combat before being shot out at high pressure by using hydraulic pressure and a little bit of pre-oxidized explosive material in order to propel the extremely streamlined bullets through the water at deadly velocity.

Alterra United Sub-Machine Gun 13 (AU-SMG): A sub-machine-gun with a handle that also serves as a clip. It has a grossly oversized clip of over 100 miniature bullets, and it is colloquially called the 'soldier's cock' due to how it is usually held in combat. The clip is up to 70 centimetres long, though this is understandable as the weapon fires at a rate of 15 bullets per second. The clip itself is actually attached partially gyroscopic-ally, making it part of the recoil-dampening system.

AU-SMG 14: This is basically a smaller version of an assault rifle, having a clip and a handle that are separate, a stock and an inbuilt bayonet designed for slashing. It is well balanced as a melee weapon, making close-quarters-combat a very viable option for the weapon, as it also has a reinforced edge in order to block incoming melee attacks and can even have a taser attachment installed to its end to electrocute the enemy. It fires 3 bullets per second from its 18 bullet clip.

Alterra United Shotpistol 2 (AU-SP): Despite its name, this is actually in the shape of a sub-machine-gun and fires only 3 pellets at a time out of a clip of 10 cartridges. It is lightweight and its recoil is negligible as it fires its pellets with very little force, barely enough to go through even light body armour, but it is deadly to unprepared unarmoured personnel, and it fires completely automatically at a rate of twice per second. Being hit by all 3 bullets and surviving is an unpleasant experience anyways, winding the victim and often incapacitating them long enough to be gunned down by someone else.

Yokotai Government Arnaments Development and Manufacturing:

History: A government faction led by Yokotai's head ballistics engineers and scientists that are almost constantly working on new ways of creating weapons that will almost certainly be banned by international law, such as uranium and plutonium rounds, chemical, biological and poisonous rounds, usually involving excruciating pain or some kind or instant paralysis followed by asphyxiation as well as incendiary rounds and even an experimental new type of round based off of exotic matter manipulation, apparently bought off of EDGE, whom only gave it up in exchange for all of the government's knowledge about B.I.O.

HOUND (Heavy Ordnance Utility Neutralisation Device) 1: A highly versatile firearm in the shape of a sub-machine-gun that can fire practically any manufactured round in the world, with over a hundred different easily interchangeable firing mechanisms tailored to a different type of round each, firing shotgun rounds, pistol rounds, sniper rounds and even heavy machine gun rounds. It has an extremely advanced recoil dampening system that was purchased for an enormous amount of money from EDGE. It has no real fire rate or ammunition capacity because it literally has EVERY fire rate and ammunition capacity, excluding a few fringe weapons. It should also be noted it is not the most ergonomic of designs and very rarely does it match its "true owner" of its current ammunition better than the true owner does. It also has specially made bullets of depleted uranium, radioactive isotopes to cause radiation poisoning, incendiary rounds, explosive rounds, poison rounds, toxic rounds, reactant rounds, acid rounds and more.

HOUND 3: A firearm designed to fire extremely explosive rounds the size of assault rifle rounds. It has a very straight and boxy shape, having mostly 90 degree angles and a straight clip, making ergonomics one of its weaker suits, though it is surprisingly small and light-weight for a weapon of its destructive capacity. It fires bullets at a decent speed, but the said bullets are loaded with experimental explosives, creating explosions as large as heavy concussion and fragmentation grenades from an object less than a thirtieth the size, often obliterating the target and even being able to destroy heavy vehicles. It is not very accurate however and its fire rate is quite low.

HOUND 3.1: A combat rifle version of the HOUND 3, which fires significantly larger rounds at higher velocities, and that explodes in an explosion typical of a set charge used for destroying bunker doors and vault locks, easily destroying vehicles and even aircraft in a single shot. It should be noted that it is incredibly slow to fire and that its accuracy is very very low.

HOUND 12: A small pistol that has one of the most advanced self-loading mechanisms in the world, firing miniature assault-rifle sized bullets at a rate of 200 per second at a decent spread. It is always accompanied by a massive pouch of multiple thousands of rounds that the wielder carries, and the weapon itself is mostly a novelty, but sometimes used in field situations where strafing is necessary, as aiming is almost an afterthought with this weapon.

HOUND 19: A sleek, futuristic looking rifle that fires homing bullets that are propelled using miniature electromagnetic waves calculated by a computer embedded inside the rifle that calculate the best angle for firing a bullet and the exact forces that should be put on it to have the maximum chance of hitting a target from the current position, giving them a slight homing capability as well as an accuracy down to the millimetre, with the most famous example being hitting a fly out of the air from over twenty metres away, making it a popular fly-swatting tool outside of combat due to its unlikeliness of killing a fellow soldier due to its smart targeting system.

ENT (Electromagnetic Neutralisation Tool) 4: A cone shaped shotgun-like weapon that fires a powerful, noticeable electromagnetic pulse that is powerful enough to even destroy shielded electronics and cause a mild electronic zap due to static charge inside any soldiers holding onto a metal object at the time, often causing them to drop their weapons, making it an excellent disarming tool.

ENT 5: A system which uses electronic currents and electromagnetic forces to fire a single, directed shot that hits with a force capable of noticeable denting and moving a car, and propelling a soldier's weapon backwards powerfully enough to impale them.

Exotic Matter weaponisation program Subject Alpha (EMSA): Exotic matter is a broad term, and thus they found a form of "exotic matter" that possessed negative electromagnetic and massive properties that caused them to be inimical to the laws of physics on a microscopic scale. This gun is shaped like a rifle and fires bursts of bullets that literally dismantle their targets on the molecular level, the ferromagnetic shell keeping the matter inside contained breaking open just before impact, causing the victim to often violently be torn apart in extreme cases, and in more common cases their body being violently crushed in the area near the bullet, or exploding outwards. In any case, no one has ever survived the bullet without at least half of the bones in their body being broken.

Exotic Matter weaponisation program Subject Delta (EMSD): This sniper-like weapon fires exotic matter that possesses negative electronic properties, and as it enters the victim's body if it passes by even a single nerve, it will suck all of the electronic information out of the victim's body, instantly removing all of their memories and brain stimulation, immediately killing them. There is no way to survive being shot with this bullet whatsoever other than simply not being hit. The effect is also capable of causing a power-outage by touching a mains power line.

Yokotai Powered Armor Mark (YPAM 1): A suit designed for extreme strength, providing little to no protection from conventional fire, but providing enough strength to easily lift a car and tear through metal. The suit could probably be much stronger, but due to the sheer material limits and constraints of how strong the suit's materials can be, this is not possible.

YPAM 2: A suit that provides extreme speed to the wearer as well as quickened reaction times through a neural interface using a microchip and a transceiver in the suit itself.

YPAM 3: A suit that provides instant tactical data by directly inserting information into the brain, though this suit has a history of causing seizures and insanity.

YPAM 6: A suit that mounts a rocket launcher on the wearer's wrist as well as a flamethrower and an oxygen implant that allows them to breathe underwater.

Future Horizons Weapons Manufacturing Front

History: Starting off from the steady income of a military contractor involved in the second great invasion and the covert sponsorship of multiple governments, this company quickly became one of the largest plasma and laser weaponry distributors in the world, selling high-grade weaponry to the highest bidder, with some weapons selling for as much as 24 billion dollars. Most of their weapons have gone through hundreds, if not thousands of prototyping sessions, and thus have insane model numbers.

Refracted Light Weapon (RLW) 1603: Few in number and fewer in number of survivors. Taking on the form of a sleek, ergonomic assault-rifle like shape, this rifle uses an internal fusion cell to create copious amounts of energy that is fed into a special resistor made partially from tungsten and high-grade carbon monomers that hold it together even when partially molten, at which point the photons pass through a diamond lens and then a rubidium suspension inside an anaerobic gel in order to prevent refraction, turning the light into a powerful beam that has a temperature upwards of 5000 degrees Celsius and can melt through steel walls.

Refracted Light Repeater (RLR) 671: This is actually a light-Gatling gun that has a lens of multiple circular shapes at slightly different angles that deliberately gives the gun's projectiles a bit of spread and fires them in a cone of approximately 1.5 degrees in each direction. Using the same fusion cell technology the company has been made famous for, and is still jealous of EDGE for having first, this weapon fires multiple series of lasers at different angles with enough power to burn through about 3 millimetres of steel with one shot at a rate of 5 shots per second, with no recoil whatsoever. The weapon could easily fire much faster, up to a rate of 100 shots per second, but this caused the weapon to burn through the floor if mounted on a vehicle, and the tests with human personnel are unfortunately redacted and sealed in a vault.

Automatic Light Rifle (ALR) 19571: This weapon has a barrel with a single lens that can lean to any side, and contains an inbuilt scope that has an incredibly complex targeting computer, and is often
accompanied by a wielder who has a chip inside their brain that allows the gun to tell friend from foe more accurately. The lens will tilt itself automatically in the direction of an enemy within range, and can do so up to an angle of 6 degrees in any direction, automatically aiming for the wielder at long range. The weapon fires once per two seconds and can burn through ten centimetres of steel with one shot.

Basic Modular Light-Based Melee Weapon (BMLBMW) 584: A blade that acts like a baton, with a floating mirrored cap suspended by Eddy field currents exactly one and a half metres from the handle, though the length of the blade can be toggled, and disruption of the disc is near impossible due to the sheer strength of the electromagnetic forces, though this causes extreme danger to any electronic device in the vicinity of one hundred metres. The weapon can change length at any time, and can cut through tungsten, but cannot be used for stabbing, and disruption of the disc causes it to turn into a beam weapon that can easily cause enormous collateral damage. Due to its nature, it can easily pass through anything it cuts without causing major damage due to its intangibility.

Photonic Melee Weapon (PMW): Using focused lasers passed through gaseous rubidium at various temperatures, this is a true beam made of light about two metres long, requiring no cap on the end to make it work. It can easily slice through practically any material with a lower melting temperature than tungsten, and can actually clash with other weapons made of the same light and can be used to deflect Refracted Light Weapon (RLW) shots, though this is incredibly unlikely. It can also be used to melt metal projectiles mid-air and cut through the opponent's shield and blade due to the lesser restriction on movement and maneouvers, but this tends to result the wielder being slathered in various fluids of temperatures rather inimical to human existence.

Plasma Discharge Hand-held Weapon (PDHW): This is possibly the only weapon ever manufactured by Future Horizons that needs regular reloading, requiring fusion cartridges, as large amounts of plasma generated by fusion are discharged by this weapon when used. Requiring a reload every 200 shots fired at a rate of 30 shots per second with negligible recoil, this weapon also comes with gauntlets cooled using liquid nitrogen and even entire vacuum insulated suits due to the heat discharged by the weapon. Each shot can easily burn through two centimetres of cast iron and can move up to 300 metres away without significant loss of heat, though it rapidly disperses over the next 50 metres, turning into barely a minor annoyance at 400 metres distance.

Laser Propelled Projectile Weapon (LPPW): Using a powerful laser to propel a mirrored chromium and titanium cone at the enemy, this weapon fires these projectiles at an initial velocity slower than a revolver bullet, but rapidly gain speed until reaching a speed fast enough to go through tank armour at 300 metres, and only beginning to lose thrust at 3 kilometres away. The laser used to propel the cone is also dangerous and causes dangerous emissions in the gamma spectrum that can cause cancer, and the visible part of it can cause temporary blindness. The said projectile is also heated to an enormous pressure and has special parts of itself under incredible pressure and tension that cause it to vibrate slightly in the air, giving it extra penetration power and heating it to a temperature of 2500 degrees Celsius before melting it at a distance of 2.4 kilometres, almost perfectly consistently.

Multi-Purpose Plasma Lance (MPPL) 857: A melee weapon, this is actually a series of extremely heat-resistant alloys and plastics with melting temperatures in excess of 12,000 degrees Celsius and the tensile and deformation strength to match. It is formed of 20 segments, each 5 centimetres long that exude a thin atmosphere of superheated plasma around them at a temperature between 1000 and 3000 degrees Celsius due to user safety concerns. The segments can spontaneously reposition themselves to be either further or closer to each other, allowing them to form a whip-like weapon or a bludgeoning tool, with both easily carving through human flesh.

Thermal Blast System (TBS) 1754: This weapon fires a pressurized blast of highly heat-conductive air and vapour at the enemy, with wind speeds strong enough to keep it going strong hundreds of metres away and still being powerful enough to visibly perturb standing personnel just from the force of the blast, but the sheer heat, in excess of 5000 degrees Celsius, can melt through even the strongest of armours with ease.

Conduction Alloy Ballistic Weapon (CABW) 85: Firing dozens of metal cylinders through a barrel with an end described as a "salt and pepper shaker", this firearm heats its barrel using powerful thermal currents and molten salt coolant used to maintain its internal fusion engine, firing its cylinders at speeds of thousands of metres per second at temperatures higher than 3000 degrees Celsius in a wide cone. Said cylinders have a tendency to split up into shrapnel when exposed suddenly to the extremely cold air relative to their original environment, and cause excruciatingly painful wounds.

Neutrino Beam Weapon (NBW) 867275: This weapon took the longest by far to develop out of all other others, not because of the ever-prevalent existence of ergonomics and human frailty, but simply because all of the early prototypes passed through the enemy without any form of damage whatsoever. Eventually, using a system that caused neutrinos to instead spontaneously form inside the enemy, this weapon is capable of tearing enemies apart and any material in-between, having the strength to tear through concrete walls and steel construction rebar.

Electric Plasma Arc Device (EPAD) 9978: This weapon creates a plasma channel using a powerful non-ionising laser beam and then passes a massive amount of electricity through the channel, which in itself is already powerful enough to kill, but the electricity is strong enough to cause instant heart failure and total destruction of nearly every single cell in the target's body, turning them almost instantaneously into ash, or in the case of weapon failure, giving the target temporary paralysis and a bad eye-tic.

Pure Electronic Arc Weapon (PEAW) 8571: By discharging a small amount of ferrous material into the air in a line, then firing an enormous amount of electricity outwards, this weapon is capable of delivering enough electricity to melt through metals and has an effective range of 300 metres, can be continually fired in a continuous beam and can often arc from its main path, killing people even if they dodge its initial beam through residual energy, making its actual lethal beam up to two metres wide.

EDGE Technologies Weapons Development Faction:

History: A highly advanced, and extremely secretive as well as politically powerful company that develops high-tech weapons and attachments, also focusing on low-octane and tactical non-combat tools such as medical sprays and nanotechnology as well as some light-based weaponry, especially infrared and gamma radiation delivery systems. Despite this, they are very interested in Ashton Firearms, and are good business partners, and some speculate they are actually the same company under different guises in order to skip the political conundrum of doing so directly. They also manufacture a series of powered suits which are much more refined than the Yokotai government's versions. They have gauss weapons and coilguns as well as railguns, and even weapons capable of causing matter to spontaneously degenerate. They have a series of extremely powerful substances that possess almost unworldly properties such as extreme conductivity or extreme strength dubbed Unobtanium. They are one of the main information brokers of the world and toy with technologies capable of accidentally ending their existence all at once, or deliberately destroying entire continents, though their numbers are few.

Information: EDGE has incredibly advanced technology, having perfect conductors, heat insulators and materials multiple dozens of times stronger than even graphene and other carbon monomers. They have fusion technology they use to power handheld electronic devices and are capable of using electromagnetic waves to wirelessly recharge and control electronic objects over any distance, have quantum entanglement that they use to transfer information, albeit a single bit at a time, but still fast enough for it to be useful, have powered suits manned by supersoldiers who have been genetically modified or robots with near perfect arnaments and human combat capabilities and also vehicles capable of instantaneous teleportation.

They are also capable of exotic matter manipulation and can cause almost spontaneous dismantling of any form of matter from a distance, can change the laws of physics in a small area and use the Higgs Field in order to literally cause things to spontaneously form black holes and release all of their energy as Hawking Radiation, forming bombs the size of peas with the power of multiple nuclear explosives. They cannot form viable black-holes which could go on to consume worlds however as they do not have enough matter or energy.

EDGE has no political ties but gains copious amounts of money and intelligence from trading technology to multiple patrons in exchange for monetary support and any prisoners the nations may have on death row. To date, no personnel who have been sent in have ever been seen again. EDGE maintains a chokehold on intelligence brokering and is considered one of the most powerful political and military forces in the entire world, and were responsible for an enormous disease out-break that killed over 30 million people and destroyed trillions of dollars worth of crops and livestock, though anyone who found out about this little fact disappeared the next day.

EDGE is currently experimenting with instantaneous personal translocation devices in order to create "teleportation spammers".

Only known Distributed Weapons:

EDGE 1: A firearm that fires a continual beam of extremely bright particles moving near the speed of light that cause anything in their path to spontaneously disintegrate. If this were to be pointed at the ground and fired for one second it would carve through a kilometre of material, though it has a special buffering system that prevents it from affecting objects over 3 kilometres away. There are only a few dozen of these weapons available to the public and they are near indestructible.

EDGE 2: A sword that can cut through literally any material by causing the material in question it is currently in contact with to spontaneously teleport to another location where it undergoes either nuclear fusion or fission and produces energy, being used to recharge the sword remotely using another portal. The only method of stopping the sword from cutting an object is if the said object in question is made of anti-matter. There are only a few dozen of these weapons available to the public and they are near indestructible.

EDGE 3: An orb that attaches itself to anyone who touches it, following them and autonomously attacking anyone that it senses is either a threat to the wielder, the wielder would consider worth eliminating if they knew everything about the target, or if there is a person the wielder wants to target. It will then fire a single blast that will cause the target to spontaneously undergo nuclear fission all at once with the energy being converted to electricity for the orb.
Last edited by Hank J Wimbleton on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:05 am, edited 33 times in total.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:14 am

Shh. It's okay. :P

But yeah, I noticed the number discrepancy, too.

And seriously, I agree that the fight seems a bit unbalanced. I mean, I think it's kind of reasonable in this scenario since the ambushers were given away by the rock, and then their attacks were totally random and uncoordinated. If they'd caught our characters completely off-guard, I think it's fair to say that we'd've probably been slaughtered. Additionally, the ambushing team relies solely on guns, whereas our team is more varied -- that is, although individually, none of us have especially diverse skill sets, together we have a mix of short-range and long-range attacks of various types.

Essentially, due to the way Drak set the situation up, the odds were in our favour. That said, from here on, fights should be more balanced.

Atlannia wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:That might be kind of fun, but I've done characters like that. *shrugs* I'm kind of aiming for someone who's sorta shy and friendly, and seems like an overall good and well-adjusted person on the outside, but who has been kind of twisted by the sadistic magic that's lodged itself inside of her. (I won't call it evil, since at its core, it's not actually malicious; it simply originates in a dimension with an ecosystem completely different from Earth's/Nexus's, and by extension a completely alien morality system.) You wouldn't think much of her, and her overall abilities aren't exceptional, but when she wants to she can kill people in really horrific ways. I also kind of want to explore her development as she becomes steadily more sadistic and grapples with unwillingly wanting to hurt people -- because, really, she wants to be a good person, but due to her connection with the grimoire, she literally cannot resist causing pain (and a part of her doesn't even understand why one would resist).

I'm kinda jealous, I can never do darker characters without immediately planning out their elaborate redemption with the power of friendship, which takes some of the sting out of it.

I dunno, I just like creating morally-grey characters and then making them suffer. :P

Atlannia wrote:Look do people really wanna use real world firearms that badly? I mean yes it's entirely possible within the rules I set up but it seems like a hassle for your character. Why would you choose a rifel with no documentation which is chambered for a round that might not even be produced in this world when it's arguable there would be readily available to them. I mean Elizabeth's parents were part of a task force that fought off an alien invasion, you really think they couldn't get her a more advanced weapon than an ACR?

Honestly, I think it's kind of odd, too. I'm not sure why so many people seem obsessed with having real-world firearms.

Atlannia wrote:Gahahah, Grakulon the World Building demon ensnares another unwary soul.

No joke though, I come up with settings all the time, worldbuild the fuck out of them, and then realise I have no idea where I want to take them plot-wise. And then I abandon them.

I have a massive folder on my computer devoted to these documents.

Atlannia wrote:Also changing my current facebook mood to "distrubed by the fact no one wants to have laser weapons"

:lol: Maybe I'll get my character a laser weapon at some point as a backup, in case her magic decides to flop for some reason.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse