NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life: EPIC (IC Thread XI) [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:48 pm

OPERATION: ★Sonoran Justice★
DIMENSION: 544C
TEAM: Sakarias, Audette, Katya, and Kale

"Since we voted, I'm happy to help. I just wanted my view point heard while we spoke." The synth nodded softly, not seeming to be too torn up about his 'side' of the little discussion loosing out. Either way they had the numbers, so they'd likely be fine... But still he was glad he made himself heard in this.

"Oh, and Katya here is going to need a gun. AS you can see she only has her blade there, and that's not as useful outside of urban ruins or sneak attacks. Do you have anything to lend her? Kayta, what kind of guns are you good with again, if any? I don't think I've asked you before." The synth glanced over to her again, glad to see her finally getting comfortable here. Hopefully this fight wouldn't lead to them to their doom. They did have a greater purpose back home after all! It'd be such a damn shame if the synth ended up dying back in his home, over some stupid little squabble in the desert.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:51 pm

"Guns?", Katya repeated, a little surprised. "Well, Tora is the gun expert between the two of us. Most I've used is a handgun and a semi-automatic weapon; a Marksman Rifle."

Katya was one of the very few Torsiedellie who didn't fanatically embrace firearms. She had no problem with them, it was simply that, as a swordsman, she rarely imagined herself wielding a gun in place of her rapier. She carried her own handgun sometimes, but only for added protection when carrying a sword would stick out, or be unwarranted.

Audette nodded. "If ya got anything like an M14 or a Garand, that'd work for her. Lotta kick, but they're marksman weapons. Bolt actions would work too.", She suggested. "Or an SKS. Those things are all over the damn place. Couldn't imagine them lacking around here."

She looked at Kale. "I guess you'll need one, too?", She said. She was quick to reach for her belt and offer her sidearm to the girl. "If at least for protection?"

Bobby nodded. "A few vendors ought'to be open still. Probably the local Gun Runners, or a similar arms dealer, some clothers, inns and late night eateries. Places like the library or wagons are closed 'till morning.", He said. "This ain't a city that sleeps, despite its modest size. Don't worry, Miss, you'll probably find a few good folk. This ain't a bad place, so long as you keep away from the countryside."

He patted his sidearm. "And if anyone tries to make it otherwise, they'll be answering to Lola."

Torii shrugged. "I don't know."

She leaned in just close enough to whisper to Marcus. "I don't know about all this. I mean, I just wanted to see you, to be honest.", She said, her face locked in a serious, yet worried expression. "You don't leave every other week."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:33 pm

PART I, HUN

Minerva hadn't left her apartment for days. With the exception of Volker, nobody had seen a Man's whisker stirring in days. The pipes had grown too silent, a fact not overlooked by the priests lurking the Building's basement. It couldn't be held against the cultists. Morale slipped into the abyss with the loss of not only their cultist leader but also their avatar. And Minerva? She had lost her mate.

Once upon a time, an intrepid Lad might have taken a short walk to the ruins to rally a few hundred Germans from their depressing cabaret. These days, and with half the forces still stranded in Bielefeld, you couldn't find a Nazi to save your life. Literally. The time had come.

It started with a whimper. That's how Blythe usually began her day. Whimper, coffee, and scrambled eggs. A good day would have her moaning before lunch, and a great day meant earthquakes before dinner. Such was the life of a succubus, each moment measured out by food and fucks. She hadn't been in a fucking mood of late (surprise, there) and food in the apartment was down to stale Doritos crumbs and some molded bread.

She tugged on her white leggings and gloves, slapped a post-it note over her hooha for modesty, and scrounged Klaus' purloined old cap and the pink bolt pistol sidearm from her stash in the closet. Blythe forewent the clownfish-and-anemone approach. Nobody hid in the wallpaper to jump out and slap her nonexistent nose if she ventured into the halls. It had been so for a week now. Hips swaying slightly, and with tits and arse bouncing to draw the eye, she rolled down the hall with all the grace of a daemonette unafraid of anything. Her heel's sharp tok marked her passing from tile to carpet as she left her floor and ventured into the lobby.

There were people there but not the ones she needed to see, save the Front Desk Cultist. Volker glanced up from processing Nathan's application to find the Purple Menace on approach. She parted Marcus and Torii in order to reach the desk, and the young man was momentarily treated to the rearward view of parts he shouldn't be looking at unless attached to his girlfriend. His southern mind had just started marveling at the iridescent sheen glistening along the soft purple folds there when Volker's abrupt cough snapped his gaze to the back of the daemonette's head.

"What do you want, Blythe?" Volker's hand drifted to his sidearm. A thumb slipped the holster strap free.

Her nostrils flared. "Where is Klaus? I demand to see him at once."

The Front Desk Cultist's head tilted. "Wish granted." The draw was clean, and he might have squeezed off a round were it not for Marcus suddenly jumping in front of the daemonette.

"Woah, no, uh uh!" he flung his arms wide. "No fair. Common Area Purple and Red Law! Safe!" His mind raced as he rattled the words off with the fervor of a small child bemoaning hide-and-seek rulebreaking. "Not between sunrise and sunset! Only fair game if on an odd numbered Tuesday. Hans said!" The cyborg thrust a thumb towards Amanda for emphasis. "Don't make me go all rule lawyering on you, 'cause I will."

Both priest and cultist were fairly certain that Amanda didn't know shit about the Chaos House Rules that kept their factions from killing each other in the halls. Still, if pressed, Marcus could bring the case before Minerva. If guilty, the penalty in the old days was spacing. Severe, sure. But Volker would need to be forcefully launched into space first. The Front Desk Cultist holstered his weapon.

Blythe remained nonplussed as Marcus politely excused himself from Volker and used a finger to prod the succubus to the side. She didn't interrupt as he gave her a quick lowdown of events, including their losses, though her expression shifted to deep concern by time he was finished.

"That's not right, you know," she blinked at him.

"Mhmm, but that's how it is," he returned to Torii's side and attempted to marshal the physical reactions the succubus' scent and proximity had caused - praise Omnissiah for these obfuscating red robes! "You could maybe ask Rudolph if-"

But she was gone, heels and shapely legs carrying her towards the maintenance hall door. It closed with a soft snap. He continued to stare, perplexed about the entire exchange, right up until a heavy hand cuffed the back of his head.

"Knock it off," Thaddeus' growl wilted the young cyborg. He swept past them to join Amanda and Sully. The old cyborg dropped a polite nod to them. Dressed in his customary leather trench and black attire which shielded his augmentations from view, the abnormally tall man was imposing nonetheless due to his heavily scarred face and the strange, silvery orbs replacing his eyeballs. "Good morning, Miss Bela. Did you say you were going to Ascalon?"

Wincing as he rubbed the back of his head, Marcus returned his attention to Torii. He struggled to recapture their prior conversation. "Yeah, but I hardly get a day off, either," he dropped his voice to avoid being overheard by Tsu and the others. "Maybe that's something you need to work out with her? But I wouldn't rush anything. Look at Drova. That went cock-up. YOu deserve more. You deserve to be respected. Maybe-"

A quick glance assured him that Thaddeus intended to remain occupied with the others. He sighed. "You should find some time to come down to the Lair with me. It stinks of ozone but it might give you a chance to clear your head. I promise, I won't try to convert you to my faith or anything, Tora."
Last edited by Cerillium on Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:07 am

Torii hardly paid the succubus any attention. Had the circumstances been normal, she would've been drooling, but with everyone and everything so glum, it was all little more than a silly distraction. She felt sorry for Volker, too.

Attention fell back to Marcus quickly. True, he was awfully busy, but....

And then Drova. She felt awful for hurting Drova's feelings. That was the last time she'd seen him, and she didn't want to think it, but she knew he was gone. Everyone who "loved" her always left. She shuddered. She instinctively perked up at his suggestion of seeing his home, however. "You'd let me see your technology?", She whispered back. She actually did look happy about that. It had piqued her interest, and she'd never turn down a chance to spend more time with the boy. "I'd love that.", She nodded. "I haven't had a good project to work on in months."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:11 pm

On the Stairs, in a palatial Building in a forest on a continent-sized island in the sea

Trying not to gape, Rmwtyliin took several deep breaths as she collected herself. Okay, right move - and I now doubt Venla is a threat - know not what her expressions mean - does look kind of like a calm animal.  Is she pulling those in?  Trying not to scare me?    Her name sounds like Venmii's...She mentioned going back.  I thought that was not an option. 

Tentative English turned to flawless Fvaarniimarn - which Duncan most likely would translate to Huvidu-Zaani - as the teen tentatively smiled at her new neighbor.  "Welcome to this dwelling! Venlah?  Please, please use a nickname for me if you wish - something you can say easily."  The accompanying grimace was not aimed at Venla's attempt. "Forgive my presuming, but what are you?"

The fungoid wouldn't immediately get a chance to answer.  "Um. You wanted a tour..."  Rmwtyliin pushed out her lips.  Maybe she should find someone else?

That would be stupid.  Come on, I have lived here for over a year.
  "Okay, follow me.  It is only you and I, so tell me if you want me to slow down, tell you more - or find someone who can give you more information."

After giving Venla a few moments to gather any hypothetical luggage and catch up, "I am on ni - no, six.  This Dwelling...kind of exploded.  And then reformed."  Rmwtyliin began looking freaked out again.  "I am not joking.  It is...a lot to get used to."  Although Venla (especially by comparison) really wasn't, listening companionably as she/they (hopefully the gender would be clarified soon) was.

Looking ahead, she could almost forget that the new resident looked like a moldering squid an otter was using as a costume.  The thought would have been amusing were it only a silly story.  Venla could smell like one.  That would truly make things harder.  "Down there you will find the main kitchen and dining room.  Some have them in their apartments, as I do, but we all use these.  The kitchen is restocked often.  I will happily show them to you, but I expect you would like to visit your rooms, set stuff down, change if needed?  We lack rules for clothing, but I would have liked to arrive here in something that was not sweaty and dirty."  She smiled ruefully, thinking of the embroidered ceremonial shift, which had been carefully handwashed and now hung in a corner of her closet.

That explained why she'd been leading Venla up the stairs with nary a pause.  "Here is the hahsptihl, floor five.  We should be able to tour it.  We have incredible medicines -" Though moreso from a medieval perspective than Venla's.  "Go there if you are hurt or sick.  What letter is your apartment?"  Bracing herself for the startling sight of purple-glowing mold, Rmwtyliin turned around with a flushed face.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Fvaarniimar wrote:On the Stairs, in a palatial Building in a forest on a continent-sized island in the sea

Trying not to gape, Rmwtyliin took several deep breaths as she collected herself. Okay, right move - and I now doubt Venla is a threat - know not what her expressions mean - does look kind of like a calm animal.  Is she pulling those in?  Trying not to scare me?    Her name sounds like Venmii's...She mentioned going back.  I thought that was not an option. 

Tentative English turned to flawless Fvaarniimarn - which Duncan most likely would translate to Huvidu-Zaani - as the teen tentatively smiled at her new neighbor.  "Welcome to this dwelling! Venlah?  Please, please use a nickname for me if you wish - something you can say easily."  The accompanying grimace was not aimed at Venla's attempt. "Forgive my presuming, but what are you?"

The fungoid wouldn't immediately get a chance to answer.  "Um. You wanted a tour..."  Rmwtyliin pushed out her lips.  Maybe she should find someone else?

That would be stupid.  Come on, I have lived here for over a year.
  "Okay, follow me.  It is only you and I, so tell me if you want me to slow down, tell you more - or find someone who can give you more information."

After giving Venla a few moments to gather any hypothetical luggage and catch up, "I am on ni - no, six.  This Dwelling...kind of exploded.  And then reformed."  Rmwtyliin began looking freaked out again.  "I am not joking.  It is...a lot to get used to."  Although Venla (especially by comparison) really wasn't, listening companionably as she/they (hopefully the gender would be clarified soon) was.

Looking ahead, she could almost forget that the new resident looked like a moldering squid an otter was using as a costume.  The thought would have been amusing were it only a silly story.  Venla could smell like one.  That would truly make things harder.  "Down there you will find the main kitchen and dining room.  Some have them in their apartments, as I do, but we all use these.  The kitchen is restocked often.  I will happily show them to you, but I expect you would like to visit your rooms, set stuff down, change if needed?  We lack rules for clothing, but I would have liked to arrive here in something that was not sweaty and dirty."  She smiled ruefully, thinking of the embroidered ceremonial shift, which had been carefully handwashed and now hung in a corner of her closet.

That explained why she'd been leading Venla up the stairs with nary a pause.  "Here is the hahsptihl, floor five.  We should be able to tour it.  We have incredible medicines -" Though moreso from a medieval perspective than Venla's.  "Go there if you are hurt or sick.  What letter is your apartment?"  Bracing herself for the startling sight of purple-glowing mold, Rmwtyliin turned around with a flushed face.

The alien was a bit surprised by her switch to a language that Venla simply did not recognized, though she pulled out a device shaped somewhat like a blutooth earpiece(made for her species of course) and started messing with it as She followed along behind the other. She lumbered a bit slowly,though had longer strides so kept up easily. "Translator?" She asked, wondering where the thing that so perfectly was using her language had come from.

"Oh, and I am Huvidu-Zaan. We're a symbiotic race, the mammal and fungus you see are both myself, though two species that have worked together to create one mind, one individual. To us intelligence without symbiosis is a strange thing." She mentioned, putting her device into the hold of a tendril as she pulled out another device, a small round ball with an interface on one side the alien started to work with. She was paying attention, keen ears trained on the human as she followed along behind.

"The building exploded? Is that an often occurrence?" She asked, continuing to speak in English as she followed along behind. This building certainly had plenty of facilities, a hospital even? She'd never heard of someone designing a combination hospital and apartment building! That was just bizarre!

"Oh, my apartment is on the Seventh floor, I believe. Apartment H. Why do you ask?" With a bit of a flash right before Rwm looked, the alien was replaced with a human once more, the same dark skinned human form she had used before. "Since you're obviously unused to my kind's appearance, this should be easier for you to deal with. I do hope I didn't disturb you too much." She said with a soft and concerned smile.
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:06 pm

RAIDERS of the LOST BOOK

OPERATION: BIBLIOPHILE
DIMENSION: Gallimaufry then 257P
TEAMS: MU
RotLB
Highfort wrote:Within the shop, Sandy's phone buzzed and a curious text appeared from an unknown number.

"Slight incident with jeep. Taken cared of. Tell Amanda good luck."

Sandy watched the events outside unfold as he tried to come up with a course of action to respond to them. The suited men had slipped away into the crowd before Sandy even got all the way out the door. He let the door slowly swing shut, not taking his hand off the handle.

The message was easier to make sense of and deal with. He forwarded it on to Amanda, along with the mysterious number and a couple of concise explanations of what happened. He counted ten silently, but there was no reply. After another ten, he gave up, puzzled. He'd expected Amanda would want to know more, now, and found it difficult to believe she wasn't glued to her phone. Engrossed in that contract seemed like the best explanation.

Sandy pocketed his phone and abandoned the thought of making a counterproposal to Lumba. He wasn't a haggler or negotiator. While he regretted doing it, he was resigned to simply buying the contacts and seeing how many people noticed them. Nick might just have better luck with them, though there was no logical reason the tomcat should be able to read Greek.

Sandy made his way back over to Lumba, noting the choice Dora had made. Perhaps that was a better solution than trying to get clothing made up from pictures and descriptions. Back with the others, Sandy waited patiently for Lumba to finish helping the Luxan choose books, so he could get his demonstration.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:54 pm

The Building, Lobby

Saldinado wrote:Seeing as everyone was talking once more, he decided to speak up instead of wait. "Umm....Excuse me?" He said shyly smiling at Amanda as his stomach growled once more in protest to the lack of food. His face turning slowly turning red in embarrassment.

Amanda met his shy smile with a welcoming one; perhaps the young man needed to be drawn out. "Yes, Henry, what would you like?"

She barely got the words out when it seemed like a crowd materialized in the lobby empty moments before. Amanda jumped forward at Volker's voice behind her, uncrossing her arms as she whipped around, and shaking her head at his unexpected appearance. That damned trick with the shadows again! Marcus had brought in another new Resident -- how many was that just today?? -- along with what's her name, the ice mage. Amanda learned nothing about Nathan except his name, as he seemed entirely ephemeral, disappearing upstairs before she could even say hello.

Amanda didn't know what to make of the... succubus, nor Volker's or Marcus' reactions to her. 'Purple and Red Law'? She was about to ask about that, but was again interrupted by an arrival.

Cerillium wrote:Dressed in his customary leather trench and black attire which shielded his augmentations from view, the abnormally tall man was imposing nonetheless due to his heavily scarred face and the strange, silvery orbs replacing his eyeballs. "Good morning, Miss Bela. Did you say you were going to Ascalon?"

Considering all the odd things going on, that question seemed almost normal. "Hello, Thaddeus. Yes, I have something I should do downtown, but Sandy has our jeep. Since we have a lot of new arrivals, I thought I could show them part of the world. The most interesting part, as far as I'm concerned."
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swith Witherward
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Seeing that Tsu was still reading her lease agreement, Marcus took it upon himself to give Tora an emotional break. Besides, her smile told him that he'd sparked her interest. Why squander the opportunity? "C'mon," he nudged her, "Follow me."

They exited through the Maintenance door without any fuss, and trekked down the long hall before reaching the familiar concrete steps leading to the Building's foreboding depths. Month's of FUBAR's passing and the heavy treat of priest's footsteps had left their mark on this section. The stairs and walls bore nasty gouges and scars which, despite constant repairing efforts, would forever serve as warning to all that this was no area to trifle with.

Marcus paused briefly at his mother's apartment door, eyes fastening upon the sentient potted fern and welcome mat adorning the entrance. A hand pressed to the door's cool metal in habitual greeting, and then he nodded his head to indicate they should move on. Several meters down sat the Lair's entrance - a massive metal door yawning into the gloom. There wasn't any need to knock. A scanner registered his embedded security chip and signaled the lock. A harsh clack, a hiss... the stench of ozone mixed with sweet incense rode atop the mechanical hum pouring from the open maw.

The "foyer" was sterile but for an elaborately painted wall bearing the symbols of the varied gods worshiped by the collective brother- and sisterhood. He paused before a particularly serene image and lit an incense stick. A calloused hand tucked it into a holder on the wall before plucking a pair of oddly shaped foam earplugs from a tiny container below.

"Here you go," he solemnly handed the soft neon plugs to Tora. "You'll need these for a bit. This is very important, okay? A gunshot is about 140-190 decibels, and that's a brief noise. The machinery here reaches 190-200 in some areas, and that's sustained noise. You'll experience permanent hearing loss if exposed to it too long. Never come here without those plugs, got it? They block stuff completely up to 180, and you don't have a processor and internal comms system, so I'll have to use my dataslate until we get beyond it all."

He gave it more thought before hastily adding, "A 1 ton bomb creates a decibel count of 210. The intense vibrations would shake you apart if you weren't in a proper shelter. Unless, of course, you were under the bomb. We have some machinery that operates at 230, and it fires up without warning. Every area with stuff above 180 decibels is marked with warning glyphs," he pointed to the icon stenciled beside a door leading from the foyer, "and some machinery can only be serviced by brothers with reinforced bodies. They've given themselves wholly to the Deus Mechanicus - Machine God - and no longer have the ability to voice things. Technically, they're almost all-machine now. If they point to you to leave an area, don't quarrel. Immediately go."

And then, the very last of it, "Right of way applies to the brothers and sisters that service the machines. You're more nimble than Brother Adrastus, for example. The more heavily augmented the body is with tools, the slower they walk and and the harder to stop forward momentum. The exception is FUBAR. He's nimble. He also runs people over because he doesn't give a fuck. We only keep him around because he's become an object of adoration for some. It's just our way. Oh, and Opa. He's given right of way because Thaddeus declared him sacred to preserve the Confederation's Intellectual Property rights."

With that final bit of advice out of the way, Marcus patiently waited for Torii to affix her plugs. A quick safety check to make sure she'd done it right, and they were through the door.

Though the earplugs mercifully spared the girl's ears, the vibrations toyed with her chest and gut as they passed down a wide, clean corridor and into the main body of the Lair. Priests of various orders swept by them, their robes flicking like flaming tongues in their wake. Still other, larger brethren lumbered by, each step resounding through the soles of Torii's footwear. None fussed over the pair though a few occasionally greeted Marcus. Most seemed to be augmented humans but quite a few concealed themselves under heavy fabric and stared at the girl with soulless eyes that seemed to look right into her heart.

Recalling her fascination with FUBAR, he paused before a large doorway littered with burning incense sticks to give her a glimpse of the Drone's open bay. Ash surrounded the massive machine dominating the far wall. Marcus shook his head and held up the dataslate for her to read.

Not incense debris. FUB's vaporizes anything that gets too close. 
Hates organics except the biomachines. Gives everyone else sacred death.
He's beautiful to look at tho.

They passed several more thrumming rooms and open bays, and then Marcus took a left and opened the door to his work space. He pointed to his ear and mouthed take them out now.

The grey hued bay was much larger than his apartment and could have fit FUBAR but, unlike most of the Lair, one half the space reflected his unique life. A torn up armchair whispered of long evenings spent engrossed in books. There was a small pile of those off to one side. A shelf held one of Naomi's ugly dustbunnies. Next to it was propped a framed picture of Giovenith taking during Christmas at the Island, moonlight setting her hair in diamonds and casting a silvery hue across her skin; he had draped a black ribbon over one corner and adorned the base with a single red rose. Her paper carousel flanked it, secure from dust under a glass dome. But there were other things there which, to Torsii, would be a complete mystery: a scratched device from the Confederation of Agymnum; a glass box containing a pearlescent white feather and some reptile scales; a saltwater-damaged optic housing. A bench below the shelf held a full sized cyberborg's arm. If she had a good sense of recall, it was recognizable as Septimus' old part. It was obvious that the young man was in the process of restoring the treasure.

The bland half of the bay contained low tables filled with bits of equipment all bearing work order tags. A long workbench dominated the space and provided an abundant offering of tools, clamps, parts bins and other necessary items.

"This is where I am when I'm not around upstairs," he sheepishly cut off the music player that had stared when they first entered the room; "Kisses Sweeter Than Wine" abruptly died, drawing a wince from him. "Probably not as exciting as the Raptor's place. It's meant to hold two priests. If you want to get your hands dirty, we can make a space for you here. You won't be allowed to repair our machinery - you're not a priest. But that doesn't mean you can't work on your own projects as you learn. And, if you're interesting in repairing our machinery and following our ways - no conversion push here, I swear! - we can seek out Brother Adrastus for Interview and perhaps he'd grant you Candidate status. He's our Archimandrite. You'd have white robes for meditation time and brown robes for work. Oh, and we need to get you an ID if you want to come here without me."

He fished two high stools from under the workbench, then rummaged some Coke cans from a small fridge and set them on the bench surface. Unsure of whether or not she approved of any of it, he nervously ran a hand through his hair. "I hope it's not too dreary or ugly for your tastes, Tora. I mean, we're not big on frills and pretty things."
★ Senior P2TM RP Mentor ★
How may I help you today?
TG Swith Witherward
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
P2TM Mentor & Personal Bio: Gentlemen, Behold!
Raider Account Bio: The Eternal Bugblatter Fennec of Traal!
Madhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts,
and humanities and their replacement by entertainment,
self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility. - sauce

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:47 pm

The stairs...Torii didn't remember the last time she'd been down that way, usually to annoy the Nikanors. She missed those times.

The gouges and scratches interested her, and the door? Impressive. It was a side of the building that Torii rarely saw, and it reminded her that her home wasn't the happy, mundane place that she was often tricked into believing it was. Inside the door was even more interesting to her, and she watched in respectful silence as Marcus made his prayers (those were prayers, right?)

Though with the slew of warnings came a twinge of fear and anxiety in the girl, who gulped at the mention of being shaken apart by sound waves. She wasn't a fan of violent deaths, or death in general, and getting a taste of the conditions that Marcus lived in made her worry even more for the boy.

She eagerly put in the ear protection - it reminded her of a cousin's description of working in a vehicle hangar back in her home country, though she could guess that tech priest machinery was different from trucks and tractors. She followed close behind Marcus, a mouse compared to everyone else they encountered, and only seemed to take a noticeable interested pause when passing by FUBAR's domain.

She wanted to get closer, but she doubted the Drone would appreciate it. She'd not had much opportunity to bother the thing in a long time.

Finally, Marcus's bay, which interested her the most. She felt humbled, knowing that she was in the personal space of the boy she often admired. The arm, various trinkets, and of course the picture of Gio, which Torii stared at for a moment after examining the other tidbits around the room. The entire area had a sacred feeling to it, like she was intruding on a space that nobody else had really been in before. When he began to speak, and she had removed her plugs, Torii nodded and listened.

"It's okay here.", She told him. "I don't mind dirty. I think it's nice in here."

She took the soda can and took a seat. "Though I don't think I could ever be a tech priest.", She admitted. "I couldn't be a part of anything where I have to wear this or that, or augment my body out of anything other than necessity. Sorry, just a moral thing of mine."

She shrugged. "I would say it's because I also have a strong belief in God, but I don't really think that's true anymore. I mean, I'm not that religious anymore, I guess. Sorry. I do appreciate the offer to work here, though. I've been itching to dig into my old projects for the healers, and yeah, I miss the Raptors, but if I can work with you, then that's great."
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:38 am

The rabbit who had trailed along was none too pleased with the budding tech-priest in training. Holding his head in both forepaws, with his ears folded down tightly, MB drummed his legs on the floor of Marcus' workshop. Only an existing headache prevented him from headbutting Marcus out of irritation.

On the upside, it curbed the gluttonous rabbit's usual urge to eat anything metal (or wood) in sight. The two of them seemed to be exchanging more of the conversation, but he wasn't quite able to read lips; so instead he began looking about the bay. The dustbunny he remembered, but not any of the other items.

He staggered toward the workbench, deciding to nose through the odds and ends there.

It came to Chrys in a flash.

There wasn't a need to limit oneself. Was that the lesson she'd needed to learn, in being put into Luce's place with the sudden change of place? It couldn't possibly have been. Not with the centuries she'd believed in a single set of tenets.

But did it have to be? Having the same basic ideas rebranded under two (or more) different names. It was plain. Three examples in front of her, and within her. Hans had begged her once not to leave, but if she did here, Chrys thought he would certainly understand.

She hoped, as she shifted stance to step forward slightly, hoping to draw the things' attention away from Brit and the Princess. There would still be time enough to attack together - but if there wasn't, she hoped the creatures' first onslaught would land on her alone.
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:36 am

Kale tried to remain a neutral face on the gun talk, but she couldn't help but feel weirded out by the ranger calling his gun by a name. I mean, yes in a post-apocalyptic world with no overarching authority to suppress the more terrible elements like banditry and slavers, a gun is a good tool for protecting oneself in a chaotic world (not also its utility in hunting prey animals). But.... a name?! Its not a person, or a pet. Its a tool to be used, not something to be cherished. Ones again, culture shock was hitting Kale. Her own nation had extensive nationwide gun control, even prohibiting select firearms like handguns within municipalities. The only areas with more relaxed gun laws were the tribal districts, her own Oglala Lakotah having almost no laws besides the nationwide gun control policies. But even then, naming the gun was not a custom there at all. It was strictly a tool for hunting and defending against wild animals and aggressive assailants.

Kale looked to Katya, a bit weirded out mentally, but still maintaining a mostly neutral face (although there were cracks in it). "Yes.... for protection. Thank you..." she said, her voice betraying her face. She reached her hand out in order to be given the firearm. "Does it have a name too?" Kale asked, almost curious about it.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:47 pm

"A name? It's a Heckler & Koch P30.", Audette shrugged. "Fuck if I know, I don't name my shit."

She handed the gun to Kale and rubbed the back of her neck. "I reckon you ain't the type for'em, but trust me, it's better to be prepared."

Katya shot a sideways glance her way. Was Audette showing a bit of weakness?

"Well, if you're lookin' for vendors, they'd be good sources to find information around here. The saloon is always a good spot for gossip, too, and town hall is always an option.", The Ranger's voice lowered. "Though I'd be wary of some people around here. Not everyone you think is your friend is actually so friendly."

Katya nodded and raised her arms behind her back to stretch. "Good advice anywhere, really. So, shall we begin here?", She asked, uneasily. "We'll have a room to stay in, right? Air Conditioned? Wi-fi? Anything? Please?"

Bobby laughed. "No fancy "-fi's" or anything like that, though you'll have a room and a bed. Don't worry, it ain't too bad. I know y'all are used to your DC luxuries, but this is Mexico."

"Viva la raza.", Audette mumbled.

Katya looked as if she'd just been sentenced to death. She groaned. The Ranger shrugged. "Well, how about we get settled in?"

The Santa Anna Inn, situated just down the street from Gunsmoke, was a large place, with its own lounge; it wasn't fancy, or as welcoming as the Building, but it did provide rest. Katya and Kale were in one room, right next to Sakarias and Audette, while The Ranger was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the night. Without incident, the moon lowered, and dawn came.

"It's hooooot!"

Those where the first words Katya said that morning. It wasn't blazing hot - in the seventies, really, though Katya was used to sleeping in cold places. That, and sleeping in her nightgown, in a massive, cozy bed. She was also used to slipping into her boyshorts and cooking up bacon, and being able to slip into a clean uniform. She had none of that this time.

This morning she was moping in the middle of the floor, in her wrinkled uniform, her shirt untucked, blazer unbuttoned, tie loosened around her neck. She looked like she had been abandoned in the middle of nowhere.

"I'm hot, there's no air, no food, nothing! Why did I say yes to this? Who would live in such a poor state? It's like living in Africa here!", She exclaimed. "I'm going to die here, aren't it? No, no, I'm not going to die, are I?", She closed her eyes. She needed to breath and think this out. She just needed to imagine that she was one of those brave adventurers in her old treasure stories.That could help, maybe.

She groaned and looked in the corner. Audette's pistol lay on a table by the door, and her own sword against the wall by the door. She didn't need a gun, right? She was a knight on a noble quest, not some outlaw.

Inside the other room, whether or not Sakarias was paying attention, Audette was bright and early. A tactical vest and various clips and bits of equipment lay strewn out across the floor while the woman tied up her combat boots. Her lack of armor gave a good view of what she wore underneath - solid grey fatigue pants and a black tanktop, with three red and white hexagons together in a logo on the back and above the left breast.

There was something about the way she was staring into space while she went about a seemingly mundane morning routine...

Her rifle and knives were right by her side. From the looks of it, she had slept with them in arm's reach.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:15 pm

Sakarias, like normal hadn't truly slept. He'd simply laid down for a while, running his systems in a sort of standby mode while keeping senses tuned up, waiting for morning with his thoughts. He dearly wished he could sleep, but he had no need for it. Sleep for him was being shut down, and it brought no rest. Just being aware one moment then returning to it instantly without any feeling of time passing except for how things have changed around him. So he'd noticed when Audette got up early, but chose to continue just laying eerily still until he felt it was about time to start actually doing things.

" Morning, Audette. Preparing for the day?" He asked, turning to sit up on the bed. Seemed they'd managed to find at least somewhat nice beds, though they were worn and damaged over time, as any bed was in his world. "We should probably check on the other two. The reality of my world should be sinking in by now. I'm impressed by how well you're dealing with all this." He replied, pulling his gun from his holster to check the charge and everything for it. Still good, hadn't worn out at all overnight.

"I could tell Kale didn't want the gun, but its a necessity here."
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:52 pm

Kale herself was busying herself with organizing her hair into a ponytail, straightening her long green hair with her fingers with the lack of a brush. Her hair was healthy and didn't tangle much so it wasn't that difficult although it looked a bit more messier than before.

All the while, Katya laid on the floor in a mess, complaining about the hotel. The plant girl wore a frown on her face, clearly displeased with the woman. Kale was surprised by Katya's behavior. She always thought of her as the mature sister of the Dimitrovs. But right now, she was being such a whiner. They were on a mission! They were fortunate enough to have a roof over their heads to rest. But all she could do was whine about the temperature and the lack of AC. It was funny really, that the "mature one" started acting childish once things weren't going her way.

"Be glad its a dry heat," Kale said. Finished with her hair, she got up and walked over to the table near the door, cautiously picking up the pistol Audette gave her. She wasn't used to carrying a firearm on her, especially a pistol. It was so small and light but packed a lot of deadly force. But, unfortunately, she would likely need it. The world here was dangerous and magic was a myth. If push came to shove, then she would need to use it. Though, it didn't help that she had almost no knowledge on how to shoot it. I mean, she shot a rifle.... once... a long time ago...

She carefully put the pistol in its holster, also given to her by Audette which she currently wore along with her leather attire. She opened the door but turned her head to Katya before leaving. "The other two should be up by now. Get ready and meet up with us," She said suppressing a snicker. She then left the room and closed the door behind her, leaving the woman on the floor behind.

She knew the room Audette and Sakarias were in. She walked up the door and knocked on it, expecting the other two inside to be up.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:06 pm

"A dry heat. Right."

Katya giggled. This was it; she was going crazy. She had to have been crazy. She'd just ask to go home, and then...

No. She remember her bet to Audette. She groaned again, realizing how much of a loser she'd look like if she dropped out. She'd just have to drive on. In the desert. Getting dirty and sweaty. With no showers...she wanted to cry.

She waited until after Kale had left before she got back up. She sighed and began to fix up herself as best as she could, before grabbing her sword and walking out. She left her little armor behind, seeing as it would hardly stop a bullet. She jogged to catch up with Kale.

"Basic Combat Training, Paramilitary Training, Urban Warfare Tactics and Field Survival, and four years of field work. I'm used to living in shitty conditions.", Audette said. She pulled her pants out just enough to feel comfortable, tucked into her boots, and stood up to begin putting on her gear. She'd feel naked without her sidearm, but it was best that Kale have it. She threw her vest on, zipped it and clipped it, and slid her knives into their sheathes just before Kale began to knock on the door. She snatched up her gloves, slipped them on, and swung the door open. "Mornin'."

Katya came behind Kale, dragging her feet and fumbling with her sword's hilt. Audette chuckled. "Well, glad to see we're all ready. So, I figure we oughtta get lookin' around, huh? Kale, you wanted to check out vendors? I reckon I can go look around the edge of town, let you and Sakarias get workin', and whatnot. What's Princess wanna do?"

Katya rubbed her eyes. "I suppose I could check out town hall? Maybe?", She looked at Kale and Sakarias. "Would that work, you think? I'm unsure."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:The Building, Lobby

Saldinado wrote:Seeing as everyone was talking once more, he decided to speak up instead of wait. "Umm....Excuse me?" He said shyly smiling at Amanda as his stomach growled once more in protest to the lack of food. His face turning slowly turning red in embarrassment.

Amanda met his shy smile with a welcoming one; perhaps the young man needed to be drawn out. "Yes, Henry, what would you like?"

She barely got the words out when it seemed like a crowd materialized in the lobby empty moments before. Amanda jumped forward at Volker's voice behind her, uncrossing her arms as she whipped around, and shaking her head at his unexpected appearance. That damned trick with the shadows again! Marcus had brought in another new Resident -- how many was that just today?? -- along with what's her name, the ice mage. Amanda learned nothing about Nathan except his name, as he seemed entirely ephemeral, disappearing upstairs before she could even say hello.

Amanda didn't know what to make of the... succubus, nor Volker's or Marcus' reactions to her. 'Purple and Red Law'? She was about to ask about that, but was again interrupted by an arrival.

Cerillium wrote:Dressed in his customary leather trench and black attire which shielded his augmentations from view, the abnormally tall man was imposing nonetheless due to his heavily scarred face and the strange, silvery orbs replacing his eyeballs. "Good morning, Miss Bela. Did you say you were going to Ascalon?"

Considering all the odd things going on, that question seemed almost normal. "Hello, Thaddeus. Yes, I have something I should do downtown, but Sandy has our jeep. Since we have a lot of new arrivals, I thought I could show them part of the world. The most interesting part, as far as I'm concerned."

Julia Harker
The Lobby

After a cleaning progress in her apartment room, perhaps now is the time to mingling around in the Apartment, considering how isolated she would be if she ever tried to not socialized with her tenants, her other tenants. Though to be fair, it would be more likely to socialized with others, right?

As she walked down to the lobby, she did some exercise by walked down from stairs from the sixth floor till the first floor. When she arrived, she looked bit tired, but exercise is what she needs to keeps herself fit and as always, ready for anything.

I mean, anything.

She saw some people mingling around, and building up some courage, she approached them, "Hello, mind if I join the conversation...I'm sort of newly arrived here, and not know a lot of people around here...well, except for Minerva, and Sandy. But that's...mostly because they rescued me," said Julia, in the end.

She forgot about introducing herself, "Oh! I'm sorry..talk too much, I'm Julia Harker."
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Sakarias waved to the other two, smiling softly. "I hope you got some good rest. You'll likely need it. The wastes are dangerous. I don't know what all is out here but Yao Guai.... Bears I mean, deathclaws, various other mutants, humans and ghouls are all going to be gunning for us if we go wandering out of town. We'll need supplies for when we head to their base, especially if its days distant. AMmunition, probably some better firepower... We need a lot, and to find out more about these people before we take them on.

"Also... any currency that you may have is useless here." He said bluntly, fishing in a pocket of his coat, which was tinkling with the fishing. And he pulled out a slightly bent nuka-cola bottlecap. "This is what we use for currency around here. Weird, I know, but its the only standardized things we have left, and money of a government that no longer exists means nothing. So make sure to save your caps from any drinks you get. And it'll be a lot of soda, most the water is way too irradiated to drink, at least for you guys."

He stood himself up again, dusting off. "Katya, if you and kale look around town for any information or equipment that could be of use, we could go get more details from that one Ranger fellow. And maybe do a bit of scouting to see the dangers around here."
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Katya shuddered. The sound of bears and mutants was never pleasant. It was a good thing that she'd be in town.

Though the idea of finding equipment wasn't as interesting as information. "I humbly volunteer for town hall.", She said, fixing her tie. "I'd like to see the powers that be and learn what I can myself. That I can do, be assured.", She added, gaining an air of confidence again. "It will be fun."

Her smile faded quickly, hearing of the uselessness of her money, and their source of hydration boiling down to soda or irradiated water. She nearly gagged. No matter, just have to make do.

She looked down at Kale, smiling. All of her frustration from earlier seemed to have vanished as soon as she stepped into the hallway, replaced with a casual, friendly tone. "What do you say? There will no doubt be shops nearby as well, so we won't be too far apart."

Audette nodded. "Fine by me. I can scout. If I see a fucker, I'll blow his brains out, or drag him back for interrogation. Always good to get what you can before you kill'em. Don't expect to see me much today."
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:00 pm

Thaddeus' brow arched as Amanda spoke. Ascalon, the most interesting? He was far more curious about the fabled xeno lands but he supposed Amanda, given her American background, craved the familiar allure of concrete and steel.

"Damn. Was going to give you a shopping list," he grumbled, his lopsided grin indicating an attempted joke. "There's room in my cab, if only a few are going. Minerva's grumbling over a lack of shortbread, and we could use more light bulbs."

He steeled himself as he turned to take in the new arrival. First encounters seldom went over well regarding new Residents. He was far too large and too augmented to go unnoticed, and the scars crisscrossing his face were off-putting. The cyborg offered a polite nod in acknowledgement of Julia's arrival.

"Thaddeus Usseio," he rumbled. "You must be our new pilot. Captain Blackwater mentioned that you handled yourself well during your flight in."
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Julia looked up to the man. He's huge, and...apparently not just human in terms of physical and looking. Well, that's probably to be expected considering she's arriving in the world of new things and stuffs, including those beyond human mind and sciences. She offered a polite nod in acknowledgment as well to Thaddeus.

"Julia Harker," she introduced herself, again. Perhaps this time is a more proper introduction. "Yes, yes, I'm this apartment's...new pilot. Well, I am glad to know I actually handling well the flight in, considering how...uncontrollable the environment and nature were at that time."

She looked around, including Thaddeus, "So...what are you doing right now, Thaddeus?" Since she didn't wanted to asked about his conditions, which would be sounded rude.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:10 pm

RAIDERS of the LOST BOOK

RotLB
Primordial Luxa wrote:Primordial didn’t smile but he was very pleased with Lumba’s collection. Not because it had exactly what he was looking for but because it showed that Lumba was an individual who had the capability to collect, store and sell the books he was looking for. This story would definitely be one he would return to.

“No that’s not problem at all,” he said regarding the rental policy. It was a little strange but it showed the owner valued the products like he did. Pointing to the oldest of the scrolls, the most legible of the hardcover books and the most intelligent looking tome he asked “How much to rent these three? And how much would it be to buy them if I went through the proper manner?”

He spotted nick and motioned him closer to the shelf hoping the cat could offer some additional insight on any books that looked reputable.
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Sandy watched the events outside unfold as he tried to come up with a course of action to respond to them. The suited men had slipped away into the crowd before Sandy even got all the way out the door. He let the door slowly swing shut, not taking his hand off the handle.

The message was easier to make sense of and deal with. He forwarded it on to Amanda, along with the mysterious number and a couple of concise explanations of what happened. He counted ten silently, but there was no reply. After another ten, he gave up, puzzled. He'd expected Amanda would want to know more, now, and found it difficult to believe she wasn't glued to her phone. Engrossed in that contract seemed like the best explanation.

Sandy pocketed his phone and abandoned the thought of making a counterproposal to Lumba. He wasn't a haggler or negotiator. While he regretted doing it, he was resigned to simply buying the contacts and seeing how many people noticed them. Nick might just have better luck with them, though there was no logical reason the tomcat should be able to read Greek.

Sandy made his way back over to Lumba, noting the choice Dora had made. Perhaps that was a better solution than trying to get clothing made up from pictures and descriptions. Back with the others, Sandy waited patiently for Lumba to finish helping the Luxan choose books, so he could get his demonstration.

"This one must clarify each item will be rated differently cost due to its rarity along with conditional handling," Oecammi Ret Ata-EE gently touched her chest with her elongated fingers, the color of her outfit turned to a cautious blue grey hue, giving it a less serene molten look against the overhead light. She then outstretched her hand to the modest collection the Baron had chosen, "The three will be rated..."

Before she could finish, Lumba appeared, sauntering in and positioning herself between the Tzenkethi and the Baron, "A substantial amount, my dear. As my sweet Oecammi just finished saying, these are a rarity. But, because you're a man of rare manuscripts, I'll lease the three at a bulk price... say, 175 a day not including provisions to handling and any potential damage. On the other hand, should buy these items... 2000 hundred each, the tome comes with a leather protective case that can handle more than you'd think!"

Lumba looked at the tall alien and nodded on the items Sandy wanted a demonstration of. Oecammi Ret Ata-EE returned the gesture and looked at the Baron, "This one will return momentarily for your decision, sir." The alien then glided toward away to make preparations in the holosuite.

The Ferengi bowed her head in a tilted fashion toward Primordial, her sharp tooth smile visible and moved languidly back over back to Sandy, "Won't you have your lady friend join us in the back, Sandy? Oecammi will have a suitable program made available. By the way, in runes, not credit. Crypto currency is useful, but only if you plan to invest inside the city."

Oecammi Ret Ata-EE was finished setting up the demonstration a few minutes later, bowing her head and gesturing with her long arms for all of them to enter the back. Lumba lead the way, her high heels leaving a trail of soft indentations on the carpet. Entering the grid like holosuite, the Ferengi moved toward the items in the center, the lenses were not there. "Oecammi can prepare the lenses, provided you have settled upon a decision?"

OOC Note: Currency values not accurate. Long day, couldn't find the currency being used in Ascalon. I was going to say runes, but I think its credit, and I can't recall if that was established in IC or only a conversation in IRC. So ner. For editing purposes, please DO NOT quote my post upon your reply(ies).
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:30 pm

RAIDERS of the LOST BOOK

RotLB

Sandy turned to Dora and called to her, suggesting she should follow him for a demonstration of the contact lenses and the video-camera jewelery. He then followed Lumba, glancing around the store as he did so.

He paused in pleasant surprise as he entered the holosuite. "Ohhhh!" So this is what they'd asked the techpriests to build! This looked even more interesting than their descriptions and videos made it seem. Sandy was suddenly elated: he'd get a preview of the finished product, and he walked around the edges of the room, smiling like a little boy with a shiny new train set, studying the details of the setup like it was the best thing ever. Then returned to the center to examine the control equipment and the test subjects.

Sandy's mood was dampened by the lack of the lenses; his smile flattened at the corners. "I had made a decision: I'd intended to determine the suitability of the devices, and buy whichever worked, or both of them if they'd both do the job. But if the lenses are that much trouble to work with, I think I'll just see the brooch."

A moment passed while Sandy adjusted his plan to match reality, his smile remaining, but his eyes studying something only he could see. "So, where do we start with that?"

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:45 pm

"Etch."  Now where was it - Rmwtyliin squinted, trying to wrap her brain around the Latin alphabet.  It wasn't one of the first five, that she knew.  "It will be near the end -"  A bright flash of light jolted the girl, and she looked up, wide-eyed.  "Is that you?  How did you -"  Duncan jabbered the explanation.  "Oh."  Though frustrated by her inability to stay composed, she managed to keep her voice even.  "Thank you.  That was a very kind and polite gesture."  Her left hand had been holding a simple unruled notepad, on which Venla had perhaps noticed her neatly scribbling in a script that, while curvy, appeared to be based on some geometric form.

In the astronomically unlikely event of said's translator suddenly catching onto written Fvaarniimarn, she would find an entirely mundane title on the page: Things To Try To Understand Later.  Lifting this, Rmwtyliin wrote, "How Venla change?" under "Both Venla?" and a phonetic spelling of "symbiote".  Considering one possibility, she spelled out "Karnvl?"  I turned into a bee, she/they can turn into something?

I should keep going.
  Slipping the notepad into a pocket in a pair of hunter green shorts a few shades lighter than her watch, she wondered how the apartment looked.I wonder how her/their apartment looks? Moldy basements came to mind, as did minimalistic spaces somewhere between her vanished guardian's living room and something from a TV show. A great deal of grey was involved in the latter, with possibly purple lights.

In Rmwtyliin's tongue, the components of the English "seven" were largely to be found in words describing things such as darkness, night, and falling. The association wasn't evil, nor ominous - the closest translation would be that seven was a yin word. Not realizing how intriguing her new neighbor would likely find that old-news tidbit, she made no mention of it, even as the syllables rolled off her tongue. "Sevneh, Sevnbee, Sevntzsee, Sevntdee, Sevnevf - Sevvehn Etch! Would you like me to remain outside?"
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:05 pm

The Building, Lobby

Altito Asmoro wrote:"Julia Harker," she introduced herself, again. Perhaps this time is a more proper introduction. "Yes, yes, I'm this apartment's...new pilot. Well, I am glad to know I actually handling well the flight in, considering how...uncontrollable the environment and nature were at that time."

"Yes, you did fine, Julia, and that huge helicopter of yours will be a real asset to the Building." Amanda practically beamed at her, extending a hand in welcome. "I'm Amanda Bela, the Building's legal counsel. Welcome to the Building! Sandy tells me you're from Earth. Where and when? Sandy and I lived in Philadelphia, in the United States, before we ended up in the Building."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse