NATION

PASSWORD

From Rifles And Roses (OOC/DEAD /MOVED TO NEW THREAD)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 pm

^ I assume you dabble in Smash? :p
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:05 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:So my friend is now 18. He's a nerd, many people dislike him (I tolerate him), obnoxious, but he's got some good friends. Invites at least a dozen people to come over, swim, play games, hang out, the works. Only 6 show up: me, somewhat "special" friend (not handicapped, he just has this weird problem with his upper lip. Hard to talk), funny underclassman, token black guy, ROTC guy who hangs with him, and one girl who associates herself with guy nerds so much she's just become a staple.

Anyways, we play some Smash, swim, more Smash, trololol on a golf cart, end up back at his house at like 10pm. Dark as hell.

Smash time. I draw a crude bracket for a tournament (7 people, girl gets a by. 3 lives, no time, Smash ball only item). Me and him (most experienced in Smash) end up as opposites. Underclassman beats black guy, I beat guy with lip problem, friend beats ROTC guy.

Round 2: I beat underclassman, friend beats girl after giving a 150% handicap and a 2nd match (he hardly tried, it was just a formality).

Final round. We can't agree on characters. ROTC guy: "Why not random, if you think you're the best?" We random. I forget this round, but I win with like 2 lives. Me: "Best 2 out of 3?"

We go again. Final Destination FTW. Me: Lucina. Him: Game & Watch. Fight's going alright, I kill him, controller gets stupid and runs me off the edge. I KO him again, he gets me. Final lives: go hard mode.

I smack him, he smacks me, I smack him A LOT. Eventually, he's standing there doing G&W's side-B: Judge. Just swinging the hammer. "Can't kill me now!" He proclaims. I try to hit him, not enough reach. Try again, he hits me with a 6 Judge. I'm hurt, he's hurt, but he's just waiting me out.

I stand there. Right at edge of reach of hammer. Hold Neutral-B: Swordbreaker.

Wait.

Wait.

Hit him. With tip of sword. Goes flying, KO, entire room explodes into cheers. Fucking amazing.

Woulda been better with Marth. That tipper would have sent him to the moon.

Also, you should have just slowly inched up and then countered. Countering extends your hitbox, and I'm pretty sure the return strike has enough range to go through his hammer, and if you got a 9...

Random characters. And I wasn't thinking of countering. That whole match, I dodge rolled instead of countered. Just so I could listen to him say: "How'd you do that dodge thing!?" before I combo'd into a smash attack.
I'm pretty good at Smash. Anyone with a sword, and I'll usually win. ;)

TriStates wrote:^ I assume you dabble in Smash? :p

Just a bit. :blush:
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Isle of Lithonia
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Isle of Lithonia » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:33 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:So my friend is now 18. He's a nerd, many people dislike him (I tolerate him), obnoxious, but he's got some good friends. Invites at least a dozen people to come over, swim, play games, hang out, the works. Only 6 show up: me, somewhat "special" friend (not handicapped, he just has this weird problem with his upper lip. Hard to talk), funny underclassman, token black guy, ROTC guy who hangs with him, and one girl who associates herself with guy nerds so much she's just become a staple.

Anyways, we play some Smash, swim, more Smash, trololol on a golf cart, end up back at his house at like 10pm. Dark as hell.

Smash time. I draw a crude bracket for a tournament (7 people, girl gets a by. 3 lives, no time, Smash ball only item). Me and him (most experienced in Smash) end up as opposites. Underclassman beats black guy, I beat guy with lip problem, friend beats ROTC guy.

Round 2: I beat underclassman, friend beats girl after giving a 150% handicap and a 2nd match (he hardly tried, it was just a formality).

Final round. We can't agree on characters. ROTC guy: "Why not random, if you think you're the best?" We random. I forget this round, but I win with like 2 lives. Me: "Best 2 out of 3?"

We go again. Final Destination FTW. Me: Lucina. Him: Game & Watch. Fight's going alright, I kill him, controller gets stupid and runs me off the edge. I KO him again, he gets me. Final lives: go hard mode.

I smack him, he smacks me, I smack him A LOT. Eventually, he's standing there doing G&W's side-B: Judge. Just swinging the hammer. "Can't kill me now!" He proclaims. I try to hit him, not enough reach. Try again, he hits me with a 6 Judge. I'm hurt, he's hurt, but he's just waiting me out.

I stand there. Right at edge of reach of hammer. Hold Neutral-B: Swordbreaker.

Wait.

Wait.

Hit him. With tip of sword. Goes flying, KO, entire room explodes into cheers. Fucking amazing.

Damn man, that brings back memories of my own Smash days...

I only ever played the 64 version though, which was still pretty damn awesome.
A she/her who misses being creative.
I like sticks. Peck pick.
My Fanny Pack is Fanny Packtastic!!!

Atlannia
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:01 am

Fiiiinally got my character's picture done, I still don't have access to a scanner so I had to scan it with my phone and that's why it looks really shitty. Hopefully I can get a nicer version up before the IC starts but if I cant this'll do as a placeholder. So I will go ahead and fix the minor issues in my app and get it into the archive.

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii487/atlannia/Lilliane2_zpslqpelnjo.gif
...!?!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:06 am

Atlannia wrote:Fiiiinally got my character's picture done, I still don't have access to a scanner so I had to scan it with my phone and that's why it looks really shitty. Hopefully I can get a nicer version up before the IC starts but if I cant this'll do as a placeholder. So I will go ahead and fix the minor issues in my app and get it into the archive.

of good
me approve
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:18 am

well thank you.
...!?!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:47 am

Atlannia wrote:Fiiiinally got my character's picture done, I still don't have access to a scanner so I had to scan it with my phone and that's why it looks really shitty. Hopefully I can get a nicer version up before the IC starts but if I cant this'll do as a placeholder. So I will go ahead and fix the minor issues in my app and get it into the archive.

It...somewhat resembles mine.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:51 am

The Burning Sun wrote:

It...somewhat resembles mine.

That's what I thought.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:52 am

Illan wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:It...somewhat resembles mine.

That's what I thought.

Come to think of it, his app came before the rework of mine. Thus, no plagiarizing was involved, since I can honestly swear I only changed mine because I found a better picture.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 am

Yeah I just looked up your app again, I didn't see you'd changed it, it's easy to miss things in this thread. My character's two years below yours and looks even younger than that, so they'll be more distinguishable if I upload a full body picture, I couldn't get it to work with my shitty phone scanner so I zoomed in one the face.

Infuriatingly we managed to pick the same hair and eye colour, I think I'll just casually change mine since I haven't actually noted it anywhere yet.
...!?!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:07 am

Atlannia wrote:Yeah I just looked up your app again, I didn't see you'd changed it, it's easy to miss things in this thread. My character's two years below yours and looks even younger than that, so they'll be more distinguishable if I upload a full body picture, I couldn't get it to work with my shitty phone scanner so I zoomed in one the face.

Infuriatingly we managed to pick the same hair and eye colour, I think I'll just casually change mine since I haven't actually noted it anywhere yet.

...wow. Was yours inspired by anything in particular? I mean, it's not like I drew mine or anything.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:21 am

The Burning Sun wrote:
Atlannia wrote:Yeah I just looked up your app again, I didn't see you'd changed it, it's easy to miss things in this thread. My character's two years below yours and looks even younger than that, so they'll be more distinguishable if I upload a full body picture, I couldn't get it to work with my shitty phone scanner so I zoomed in one the face.

...wow. Was yours inspired by anything in particular? I mean, it's not like I drew mine or anything.

It's okay, there's no issue. Just means there's two adorable girls ^.^
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:26 am

The Burning Sun wrote:

You ever watch Fate/Stay, basically I gave Ilya Von Einzbern rabbit ears so it wasn't exaclty divine inspiration or anything.
...!?!

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:26 am

Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:28 am

Rob Halfordia wrote:(Image)

DAMMIT ROB YOU STILL HAVEN'T ACKNOWLEDGED MY SUMMONS REGARDING YOU AS GIANTDAD
Above even The Boss

Rob Halfordia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rob Halfordia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:30 am

Illan wrote:
Rob Halfordia wrote:(Image)

DAMMIT ROB YOU STILL HAVEN'T ACKNOWLEDGED MY SUMMONS REGARDING YOU AS GIANTDAD

FIRE THE BASS CANNONS!
Making Dragon Ball Z Overpowered Since the Founding of Infinite Justice

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:53 am

I found another song on Pandora that matches my characters tone. It will be added to his soundtrack :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcECu56HH4
Above even The Boss

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:54 am

I really like that song, actually that whole album is one of my favourites.
Last edited by Atlannia on Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
...!?!

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:59 am

Atlannia wrote:I really like that song, actually that whole album is one of my favourites.

It's the only song I've heard by them that I remember, but I really like it.
Above even The Boss

Atlannia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlannia » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:06 am

Illan wrote:
Atlannia wrote:I really like that song, actually that whole album is one of my favourites.

It's the only song I've heard by them that I remember, but I really like it.

They had a bit of a one hit wonder experience here in australia with Little Talks and to a lesser extent with Mountain Soundso that's how I heard of them and what I most strongly associate with them.
...!?!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am

Illan wrote:I found another song on Pandora that matches my characters tone. It will be added to his soundtrack :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcECu56HH4

Oohh, I actually like that album, too. Didn't expect to like the whole thing. Nothing super amazing, but solid.

Favorite songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCHUw7ACS8o I like the line "The forest that once was green, was colored black by those killing machines"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beiPP_MGz6I "And maybe I'm a crook for stealing your heart away"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I "Some days I can't even trust myself" and "There's a old voice in my head that's holding me back" and "Somedays I don't know if I am wrong or right". Used pretty much all of those lines for an RP character with...dark tendencies and how she doesn't feel like she can trust herself half the time.

Atlannia wrote:They had a bit of a one hit wonder experience here in australia with Little Talks and to a lesser extent with Mountain Soundso that's how I heard of them and what I most strongly associate with them.

Yeah, my dad heard Little Talks on the radio, and at first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but it grew on me. Honestly was surprised it got popular like it did at all. I think they're officially the biggest Icelandic band, previously it being mixed between some of my favorites Bjork and Sigur Ros
Last edited by Corrian on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Corrian wrote:"The forest that once was green, was colored black by those killing machines"

And just like that: Janice rights poetry, but only short stanzas while in the field.
Super grimdark/edgy, it'll be fun! :p
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Annoucemento

Postby TriStates » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Alright gents, time for some neeews!

I have tomorrow off from work, giving me some much needed to time to finish up the OP. An offical introduction will be put, as well as the finishing up of the Handbook Lore tab. You'll get a glimpse of the NPC's you'll be RPing with and against.

At this point, I'd like to ask everyone to tap some of their bros and brodettes in P2TM. See if you can generate some interest for Rifles and Roses in your own RP circles. Every new player is a welcome addition to our group ^_^

As for the IC, once the OOC is finished with tomorrow, I and the Co-Ops will turn our attention to it. IC start date is set for May 1st. Progress will be kept at a medium tempo, to allow people some breathing room. Lots of things will be kicking off for people in RL. Mainly High School and College Finals. Personally, I can say that my activity will be back to my last year NEET levels after May 16th.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Yeah, and I think I have a friend coming to visit a couple of days after that, so I probably will be kinda busy.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello hello hello.....is there anybody in there?
Above even The Boss

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse