NATION

PASSWORD

Under the Walls of Night [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:07 pm

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:We're starting at the 500-600 point level. tiny, I know, but the majority of your forces come in as reinforcements.

Unless it's different for Orks, since they only come in on day 2?

I was just under the impression that the point restrictions do not count when you do not got initial forces, nor specific point allocation/unit numbers. Anyway I can change it if needed.

That's about 1700 total, yeah?

Normal armies are 1850, but we should wait on G-Tech to let us know exactly how much we should start with.
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

The Soviet Union of Mother Russia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Soviet Union of Mother Russia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:09 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
I was just under the impression that the point restrictions do not count when you do not got initial forces, nor specific point allocation/unit numbers. Anyway I can change it if needed.

Normal armies are 1850, but we should wait on G-Tech to let us know exactly how much we should start with.

Sounds good, was about to include a Dakka jet too, but again up to OP

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:09 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
How would you justify equipment/forces to match other factions?

well there basically non-chaos cultists to an extent, so im assuming imperium weapons and whatever else they can get their hands on.

they will be criminals so black market weapons would be nice to. So basically imperium weaponry(some illegally modified) as for reinforcements, allied gangs/pirates?

So basically, you'd be stuck using guardsmen or cultists with flashlights and MAYBE a plasma gun or melta? No way you'd be able to get your hands on either vehicles or bolters, really. Same goes for power weapons and chainswords. You could use grenades, I guess, but that's still a very weak force.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:
well there basically non-chaos cultists to an extent, so im assuming imperium weapons and whatever else they can get their hands on.

they will be criminals so black market weapons would be nice to. So basically imperium weaponry(some illegally modified) as for reinforcements, allied gangs/pirates?

So basically, you'd be stuck using guardsmen or cultists with flashlights and MAYBE a plasma gun or melta? No way you'd be able to get your hands on either vehicles or bolters, really. Same goes for power weapons and chainswords. You could use grenades, I guess, but that's still a very weak force.

if cultists can get ahold of vehicles and bolters a large hive gang should be able to as well.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Warpspace
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Warpspace » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Wait herp derp, I completely forgot.

I'm going to go make a psyker list for the Chaos Cultists. No need to worry about reinforcements when you can just summon the Flying Circus.
If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence. For nothing is self-sufficient, neither in us ourselves nor in things; and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event—and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed.
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:16 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:So basically, you'd be stuck using guardsmen or cultists with flashlights and MAYBE a plasma gun or melta? No way you'd be able to get your hands on either vehicles or bolters, really. Same goes for power weapons and chainswords. You could use grenades, I guess, but that's still a very weak force.

if cultists can get ahold of vehicles and bolters a large hive gang should be able to as well.

If you can hit an armoury and have some Hereteks on hand, then it's entirely feasible for hive gangs to obtain vehicles.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Warpspace wrote:Wait herp derp, I completely forgot.

I'm going to go make a psyker list for the Chaos Cultists. No need to worry about reinforcements when you can just summon the Flying Circus.

I don't know if I should start crying or not.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:28 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

Orkz will be landing on turn two wherever they wish- they'll be getting 700 points, as I stated earlier. If you have larger lists that will make reinforcements easier, but you won't have everything to start with.

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:

Sorceror lists with summoning can be remarkably fun.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 pm

Here is what I'm thinking for my Dark Mechanicum outfit. I'd appreciate feedback and help.

Archmagos Prime, with Conversion beamer, Mandati legio. 120 cost.

Hypaspist Maniple- Tribune equipped with Power Sword, two Hypaspiss are equipped with Meltas. 115 cost.

Defiler- Lascannon and Heavy Bolter. 215 cost.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 pm

G-tech if you don't think hive gangs should be allowed I can be something else, I was just trying to spice things up with a differen't faction.
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:30 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:That's about 1700 total, yeah?

Orkz will be landing on turn two wherever they wish- they'll be getting 700 points, as I stated earlier. If you have larger lists that will make reinforcements easier, but you won't have everything to start with.

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:I don't know if I should start crying or not.

Sorceror lists with summoning can be remarkably fun.

Yeah, but flying circus. Nurgle flying circus.
:'(
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 pm

North Calaveras wrote:G-tech if you don't think hive gangs should be allowed I can be something else, I was just trying to spice things up with a differen't faction.

Well, I don't mind the concept- I just can't see a way they'll be able to compete in a realistic fashion. Or why they would be large enough to seize control of an entire region- the only reason Chaos can do it is because they're Chaos.

You could do a Genestealer Cult.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:31 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:

Someone go get the Grey Knights.

Or I could just grab some Jokaero and a Psycocculum/Null Rod. Not sure what would make him rage harder.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:33 pm

North Calaveras wrote:G-tech if you don't think hive gangs should be allowed I can be something else, I was just trying to spice things up with a differen't faction.

Well, I don't mind the concept- I just can't see a way they'll be able to compete in a realistic fashion. Or why they would be large enough to seize control of an entire region- the only reason Chaos can do it is because they're Chaos.

I figured they could have allied gangs for reinforcements(pirates for space assets, more gang recruits as time goes on)

im going for a gang warlord leading a vicious gang in a bid for total curruption and domination and turning the world into a criminal hub.

as for competing, instead of "daemonic powers" i would say they use custom modified weapons and black market alien weapons(for instance some of them could have some tau pulse rifles etc etc) from their own hereteks.

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Also, do unused points roll over?
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:39 pm

So, it seems I'm gonna have to go back to my original band of manspam Traitors as I don't have the current IG codex.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:40 pm

North Calaveras wrote:

I figured they could have allied gangs for reinforcements(pirates for space assets, more gang recruits as time goes on)

im going for a gang warlord leading a vicious gang in a bid for total curruption and domination and turning the world into a criminal hub.

as for competing, instead of "daemonic powers" i would say they use custom modified weapons and black market alien weapons(for instance some of them could have some tau pulse rifles etc etc) from their own hereteks.

I'd like to see someone successfully smuggle xenotech onto a Hive World under the nose of the Inquisition. I'd also like to see someone successfully modify tech thousands of years old without knowing how it works.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

I'd like to see someone successfully smuggle xenotech onto a Hive World under the nose of the Inquisition. I'd also like to see someone successfully modify tech thousands of years old without knowing how it works.

well apparently chaos cultists and genestealer cults made it on world and they can be spotted alot easier than a criminal...

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Bone Fort wrote:Also, do unused points roll over?

Quite. If you want large units or special ones, as a rule of thumb you'll have to save for them.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:44 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

This world isn't particularly important, and tech can get in and out pretty easily without a massive inquisition presence, especially if hereteks are involved.

And hereteks can mod the tech.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:45 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I'd like to see someone successfully smuggle xenotech onto a Hive World under the nose of the Inquisition. I'd also like to see someone successfully modify tech thousands of years old without knowing how it works.

well apparently chaos cultists and genestealer cults made it on world and they can be spotted alot easier than a criminal...

Well, genestealers grow from spores or something, and chaos cultists are corrupted anew.

You could try, but it would be much easier to just use an existing codex.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:47 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:

Well, genestealers grow from spores or something, and chaos cultists are corrupted anew.

both of which can be detected, chaos has mutations and daemonic presence, genestealer literally change after generations into abominations of their former selves.

criminals are just humans with ulterior motives, which is damn near stealth-mode when compared to the frothing hordes of chaos and the infested humans of the tyranids

If G-tech dosn't want to allow It i'll play as another faction.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Prusslandia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I'd like to see someone successfully smuggle xenotech onto a Hive World under the nose of the Inquisition. I'd also like to see someone successfully modify tech thousands of years old without knowing how it works.

This world isn't particularly important, and tech can get in and out pretty easily without a massive inquisition presence, especially if hereteks are involved.

And hereteks can mod the tech.

Mordian is pretty important.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:49 pm

The Burning Sun wrote: Army Name: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, I guess.
Army Bio: Feared and respected in equal measure, the Inquisition is responsible for maintaining the integrity of Mankind, by any means necessary. Without them, the forces of humanity would stand little chance against the corrupting influence of the enemy within. It is a thankless task, yet one Inquisitor Anastasia von Liese toils at with relish.

When news came of a combined Chaos and Greenskin incursion, she was sent to investigate the source of the treason in Imperial ranks. Bringing with her a sizable force of Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, she is currently en route to the planet, ready to cleanse it of its heretical filth or baptize it in the Emperor's name.
Experience with WH40k: Mostly fluff and vidyagames, but I get the rules well enough.
Army List:
Hereticus Inquisitor: ML1 Psyker with Divination, Force Sword, Bolt Pistol(55 pts)
-Crusader(15 pts)
-Ministorum Priest(25 pts)
-2 Arco-Flagellants(30pts)
-Psyker, rolls on Pyromancy(10 pts)
-Valkyrie with Multiple Rocket Pods(130 pts)

Allied Detachment: Tempestus Scions

Tempestus Scions Squad: 2 Volley Guns, Vox-Caster, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(95 pts)

Tempestus Scions Squad: 2 Volley Guns, Vox-Caster, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(95 pts)

Command Squad: Vox-Caster, Bolt Pistol on Sgt.(90 pts)
- Tuarox Prime with an Autocannon(80 pts)
600 pts Total

Not the best bio, but I spent most of the time coming up with an actual competitive-ish list. It can kill cultists all day, that's for sure.
Last edited by The Burning Sun on Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:50 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Well, genestealers grow from spores or something, and chaos cultists are corrupted anew.

both of which can be detected, chaos has mutations and daemonic presence, genestealer literally change after generations into abominations of their former selves.

criminals are just humans with ulterior motives, which is damn near stealth-mode when compared to the frothing hordes of chaos and the infested humans of the tyranids

If G-tech dosn't want to allow It i'll play as another faction.

I would prefer if you used something with a Codex, I guess. I'm certain there are plenty of criminal factions on Mordian, but I can't think of a fluff reason why they would be powerful enough to be a faction in their own right. You can handwave warlordism and whatnot, but even the IG have weapons far and away better than your average Hive ganger- their vests, for all that they're made of cardboard on tabletop, stand a legitimate chance of stopping even deadly water-balloon sized RPG bullets.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse