NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life OOC VI [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Have you taken the P2TM Survey?

Yes. Thanks Swith!
8%
Yes. Thanks. May I treat you to a romantic dinner?
32%
No. I don't want to improve my gaming experience and thus I'm selecting this option because you've pretty much boxed me in to it. I know I don't actually have to select anything anyway but I'm compelled to cast a vote. I know I can go to viewtopic.php?f=31&t=268404 if I really wanted to voice my opinion.
5%
No. May I treat you to a romantic dinner anyway?
55%

Total votes : 38

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:38 pm

I liked the Starship Troopers movie. The first one at least.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:42 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I liked the Starship Troopers movie. The first one at least.

Yes!

My poor Yoshi, I have such terrible plans for him, hopefully none end in death.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:07 pm

The BranRiech wrote:I liked the Starship Troopers movie. The first one at least.

I prefer of the untold movie, Starcraft Trooper.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Yieston
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Yieston » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Your NS Nation's Nickname: Yieston

Character Name: Jody Tachibana

URL to Character Picture or description of what they look like:
Appearance
Frequently wears this with a light blue trim instead of the silver trim, without the triangular shaped silver accessory on her chest.
Weapon of Choice
Only that she doesn't have the circular wrist guard, everything but the circle part.
Also, at the handle and wrist guard, instead of silver, it is black.

Character Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Character Unique Skills(if any): Master Swordsmanship, Peak Human Strength, Peak Human Speed, High Intelligence, Hand to Hand Combat, Ability to Speak Several Languages (Japanese, English, Mandarin, Cantonese).

Character Powers (if any): (12 points to spend, no single power over 8)
Enhanced Reflexes: Ability to dodge bullets (1 point)
Enhanced Agility: Ability to do flips and the like (2 points)
Flash Precognition: Ability to detect danger to herself seconds before it happens (1 point)
Regeneration: A nanobot generating organ allows the production of nanobots with in turn allow here to regenerate basic wounds. More serious wounds will take more time to recover. If the brain itself sustains serious injury, it cannot be repaired. (4 points)
Telescopic Vision: Ability to see farther than normal human capabilities (1 point)
Total points: 9

Character Weaknesses/Flaws: Overconfidence, Poor time management (Frequently late).

Character Background: Born as the daughter of a Yakuza official, the concept of ‘justice’ was deeply set within her: to punish those who did wrong, no matter the means of doing so. When a mercenary of a rival gang group attacked the apartment in which she lived, her father sacrificed his own life to buy time for Jody and her mother to escape. Swearing vengeance, she aimed to one day bring the criminal to justice. With rigorous training, her skills improved day by day.

After many years as a bounty hunter, her information network had grown to allow her to access almost any information necessary to catch her next bounty. Along with that, her circle of friends also increased. With her network of friends, she managed to get a hold of a seemingly indestructible blade of not only high strength, but also high heat resistance. A blade which she has now grown close to.

One night upon entering a restaurant at the top of a skyscraper, she overheard a conversation which had drawn her suspicions that a certain man at the table must have been the one who had murdered her father. She tailed him into an alleyway where she introduced herself to her target. After her target admitted to his deeds, the two engaged in battle, blade against gun. Despite being nearly evenly matched, her opponent’s stamina was much higher than hers. As she tired, her attacks began to lose power, speed, and form. Taking advantage of this, her opponent managed to land several shots on to her at fatal arteries. As she gripped her wounds and prepared for death, with her fading vision, she caught sight of a second man running into the scene.

She woke up within her own bed, completely bandaged up. It was not long before she recognized the room and deduced what must have happened: a friend of hers most likely had passed the alley by chance, saw her in her condition, and rescued her. She was later informed that in order to save her, a close friend of hers had injected into her experimental nanobots which he had recently developed. With that, her body was able to repair the wounds she had received. Now that her close encounter with death had shown her vulnerability to a similar senario, she pooled in much of her savings into helping her friend develop an organ which would be able to produce those nanobots. Upon completion, she had the organ implanted to ensure her not only survival next time she would meet such a difficult opponent, but to also victory next time she met the assailant to avenge her father’s death.

Why he/she/it is in Bielefeld: She is here to set up a new base of operations in search of bounty.

URL to Apartment Picture:
http://www.waterstoneatwellesley.com/sites/waterstoneatwellesley.com/files/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Img0173-web.jpg

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=14815858&sid=53c70c0aee81946016d676d444bc7d7d#p14815858
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=14705359#p14705359

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details:
As an experienced county hunter, she not only has skill in terms of capturing bounty, but also has an almost boundless information network. Although quite formidable as an opponent, she often overestimates her own ability leading her to make a potentially deadly decision. When she’s not involved in a job, she’s often very relaxed and enjoys a wide variety of activities. These range from board games to biking, cooking to doing brain teasers. She is also typically very cheerful and would do much to help those in need.

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Everyone, once the Plt. Sergeant shows up I am off to bed.. Which is real soon. I am going to wake up at 0330 and be out at formation at 0420 just for some stupid ass SHARP class. Won't be back til around 1730-1800.

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:27 pm

yay! possibility of another player!

On a side note, it might just be me, but Dora's attitude makes me feel like she doesn't like Yoshi very much. :blink: Not that I myself care, but Yoshi might
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:31 pm

Urran wrote:

Yes!

*high fives*

Hooray for character-torturing secret plans!
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Night GT! :hug:

Urran wrote:yay! possibility of another player!

On a side note, it might just be me, but Dora's attitude makes me feel like she doesn't like Yoshi very much. :blink: Not that I myself care, but Yoshi might

:p

In what way?
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:34 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Urran wrote:
Yes!

*high fives*

*Hears the word torture*
Yes?
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Yush! It involves a rattlesnake, a conservator, a personification, an elephant, and a couple of pounds of peanut brittle!

@tilt: manly her little quip about not putting a ring on Katya's finger before giving her a child:p Which is something that I despise IRL, but hey, it's an RP
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:39 pm

Urran wrote:Yush! It involves a rattlesnake, a conservator, a personification, an elephant, and a couple of pounds of peanut brittle!

@tilt: manly her little quip about not putting a ring on Katya's finger before giving her a child:p Which is something that I despise IRL, but hey, it's an RP

Oh. *laughs*

That's actually a reference to how I interpret Mrs Dimitrov's personality - super traditional - based on some things Torsi said. Not that Dora isn't traditional in her own way, to be fair; but she heard all the stories of the sisters' experience from Chrys, and if anything, Dora's loyal to her own and her idea of family, so she's actually taking a shot at Mrs Dimitrov, not Yoshi. *grins*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
*high fives*

*Hears the word torture*
Yes?

*smacks with newspaper* No, no, bad. Back to your dark little hole!

It'd be interesting to see more of Mrs. Dimitrov.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 pm

Mrs. Dimitrov was pretty funny to have around, actually. I liked her (Not for her character, gawd no!), I liked her for the challenge she presented to the sisters.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Giovenith wrote:It'd be interesting to see more of Mrs. Dimitrov.

The BranRiech wrote:Mrs. Dimitrov was pretty funny to have around, actually. I liked her (Not for her character, gawd no!), I liked her for the challenge she presented to the sisters.

That's up to Torsi. :p Technically his char, even though I'm running her for him. Or a shared char, like Swith and Cer do. Though I'd like to see more of her, too.

And now, back after dinner!
mumblemumblemumble

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:
*Hears the word torture*
Yes?

*smacks with newspaper* No, no, bad. Back to your dark little hole!

It'd be interesting to see more of Mrs. Dimitrov.

Yay! someone is getting smacked and it's not me! *does chibi vampire dance*

As much as I HATE Mrs. D as a character, I do share some of her values...I think she should come for a little visit :twisted:
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Exactly, just saying I liked her around. You played her well, Tilt.

:p

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:01 pm

I could do more of Mrs. D :twisted:

Maybe have more about Torii and her father?

I also had two ideas for cousins.

On another note, anyone wanna interact with Torii? I want to set her up on a small path-thing, and it kinda revolves around her everyday experiences, and all that teen-jazz.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:31 pm

*nods* The danger, though, is where Torsi lets PL set canon for his nation, so I have to keep very careful not to screw anything up. Ta Bran.
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeah, I try keeping track of what I set for the nation, well, now I do at least. Sometimes I have hard times remembering canon for my own characters, need to remember that more too.

Also, I feel like all my characters are the same . . . Opinions? I feel they're all too polite and happy all the time.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:*nods* The danger, though, is where Torsi lets PL set canon for his nation, so I have to keep very careful not to screw anything up. Ta Bran.

I don't let every single thing in PL set canon though. A few things, like the Confederate-Branriech dealings earlier on, would be canon, and so would some of the military and cultural things that have developed, but other things came from other RPs and International Incidents.

Also, I like to think of there being different Confederacys for alternate timelines. One I play in II may not be entirely like the one in PL, though PL has set some canon.

Also, about not messing with history, is it still okay that, in the Confederacy's canon, it allied with Nazi Germany and Italy during WWII? Because that's always been a part of the canon.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I don't let every single thing in PL set canon though. A few things, like the Confederate-Branriech dealings earlier on, would be canon, and so would some of the military and cultural things that have developed, but other things came from other RPs and International Incidents.

Also, I like to think of there being different Confederacys for alternate timelines. One I play in II may not be entirely like the one in PL, though PL has set some canon.

Also, about not messing with history, is it still okay that, in the Confederacy's canon, it allied with Nazi Germany and Italy during WWII? Because that's always been a part of the canon.

True. I referred mainly to my understanding of how Mrs D would act, based on Confederacy culture. Don't want to get that wrong.

Not sure about the history thing. I'll have to think about it and ask the others.
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Whelp, I'll be heading to bed now then.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:07 pm

Giovenith wrote:Whelp, I'll be heading to bed now then.

Same here, sorry for not getting to your post. I will in the morning.

Erucia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Goodnight, ladies and gentlemen.

...You too, Fennec Swith. I see you back there.

"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 am

Goodnight Eru.
mumblemumblemumble

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse