NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life Signup and Planning (OOC, Part V)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14290
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:04 pm

I hope Yuri's outburst doesn't hurt Swith's view of Urran. Yuri has a tendency to be condescending. Her attitudes might not reflect those of her people. Yoshi and Blossom do the best job of that. Akito is crazy.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Erucia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5509
Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Erucia » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:07 pm

"Peace, like war, must be waged."
- George Clooney, 60'th Anniversary of UN Peacekeeping
I wear teal, blue pink & red for Swith.

User avatar
The New Velociraptor Empire
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13245
Founded: Dec 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Velociraptor Empire » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
The New Velociraptor Empire wrote:It got held up because of Zalgofest and the Tablet Sister of Light thing. It has Fortu's dark counterpart from the "Evil" universe.

I've been holding off advancing M/F/R (HA! that almost sounds like a swear) because I didn't want to conflict with the Tablet.

What is M/F/R? I haven't paid much attention because I've been busy.

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?
Shad :)

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33958
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Shadyrya wrote:Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?


Yes, though keeping in mind this isn't the old PL anymore. *nods*
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm

Shadyrya wrote:Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?

Who are you?

And we have like...


*counts on fingers*

At least five characters like that. Some more bratty than others. And more assholish....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Tiltjuice
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33958
Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:24 pm

New Aksarben wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?

Who are you?

And we have like...


*counts on fingers*

At least five characters like that. Some more bratty than others. And more assholish....


Shad and Lance were part of the original PL.
I wear teal, blue, pink & red for Swith. | ✎ Member - ℘ædagog
Discrimination is unworthy. | Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?


Yes, though keeping in mind this isn't the old PL anymore. *nods*


Of course. It's quality, and a place to learn.

New Aksarben wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:Okay, this time I'm going to re-join for real.

For actuals.

If, of course, I'm welcome? I'm sure an aristocratic brat is always welcome, though, right?

Who are you?

And we have like...


*counts on fingers*

At least five characters like that. Some more bratty than others. And more assholish....


I was around for Classic PL, back when it first started. I had a character named Shady, because then, it was actually Personification. I'm going to be bringing him back, albeit quite a bit different.

And to answer your question ...

I am Shadyrya, or Sam the Slayer. Depends on who you ask, really. You can call me Shad, or Shady, or Ser Piggy Shadyrya, whatever.
Shad :)

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Urran... viewtopic.php?p=16183734#p16183734

*taking off Co-OP cap for a minute*

We didn't realize until just recently that your nation was located so close to mine IC. My nation wouldn't have ignored your nation's troubles. I don't appreciate you godmodding my nation's "inaction" especially given our extensive history of rendering aid under the Diplomacy forums. Please REDACT Yuri's statements.

Our national religion is one that strongly promotes rendering aid to the needy. We are in fact one of the founding nations for the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of Nation States and still serve on the Executive Board (Assistant Director-General).

We'll come up with a reason OOC that makes sense for the situation of why my nation didn't assist.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Lancearc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15294
Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 pm

God, don't let him in.

:p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:27 pm

Lancearc wrote:God, don't let him in.

:p


:lol:

This is why I missed you guys.
Shad :)

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:29 pm

*puts Co-OP cap back on*

Shad, you'll need to make an app. We're getting ready to transfer threads so hold off on it. We'll probably transfer later tonight.

There's a lot of info you need to be aware of because PL has evolved. This is the link to the new (still closed) OOC page: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=257349 Please don't post there yet.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Shadyrya wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Yes, though keeping in mind this isn't the old PL anymore. *nods*


Of course. It's quality, and a place to learn.

New Aksarben wrote:Who are you?

And we have like...


*counts on fingers*

At least five characters like that. Some more bratty than others. And more assholish....


I was around for Classic PL, back when it first started. I had a character named Shady, because then, it was actually Personification. I'm going to be bringing him back, albeit quite a bit different.

And to answer your question ...

I am Shadyrya, or Sam the Slayer. Depends on who you ask, really. You can call me Shad, or Shady, or Ser Piggy Shadyrya, whatever.

Ah.... Well, I have two personifications for my nation in this RP. And so do a few others...


*shrugs* I was just a bit worried that it would get boring if there were too many 'Bratty aristocrat/royalty' characters....
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:*puts Co-OP cap back on*

Shad, you'll need to make an app. We're getting ready to transfer threads so hold off on it. We'll probably transfer later tonight.

There's a lot of info you need to be aware of because PL has evolved. This is the link to the new (still closed) OOC page: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=257349 Please don't post there yet.


Of course.

I read through this one's OoC rules and guidelines and such. I'll be sure to conform.

Also, how is Player Skill Level determined?

New Aksarben wrote:
Shadyrya wrote:
Of course. It's quality, and a place to learn.



I was around for Classic PL, back when it first started. I had a character named Shady, because then, it was actually Personification. I'm going to be bringing him back, albeit quite a bit different.

And to answer your question ...

I am Shadyrya, or Sam the Slayer. Depends on who you ask, really. You can call me Shad, or Shady, or Ser Piggy Shadyrya, whatever.

Ah.... Well, I have two personifications for my nation in this RP. And so do a few others...


*shrugs* I was just a bit worried that it would get boring if there were too many 'Bratty aristocrat/royalty' characters....


Don't worry. I'll make him interesting. ;)

I have some twists in mind.
Shad :)

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14290
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:Urran... viewtopic.php?p=16183734#p16183734

*taking off Co-OP cap for a minute*

We didn't realize until just recently that your nation was located so close to mine IC. My nation wouldn't have ignored your nation's troubles. I don't appreciate you godmodding my nation's "inaction" especially given our extensive history of rendering aid under the Diplomacy forums. Please REDACT Yuri's statements.

Our national religion is one that strongly promotes rendering aid to the needy. We are in fact one of the founding nations for the International Red Cross & Peace Corps of Nation States and still serve on the Executive Board (Assistant Director-General).

We'll come up with a reason OOC that makes sense for the situation of why my nation didn't assist.


Why can't I make it a week without striking a nerve? I'm sorry Swith. :(
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 pm

Urran wrote:Why can't I make it a week without striking a nerve? I'm sorry Swith. :(

Because you're a butthead. :kiss: LOL

Because you're new to RP and were playing Yuri in character, and you weren't aware of my nation's background so you were filling in with details that seemed plausible.

Shad... basically, intermediate are people who know the basics of RP and how to carry a story, can develop and define their characters to being believable (even if they're unbelievably strange beings) and multitask multiple characters and stories. Experienced/Advanced would be G-Tech, Cer, Cam, Tilt, Night, etc. Peeps who have been playing for ages, can GM as well as they play, and are capable of carrying on a campaign at an advanced level.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
New Aksarben
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12311
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Aksarben » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Urran wrote:Why can't I make it a week without striking a nerve? I'm sorry Swith. :(

Because you're a butthead. :kiss: LOL

Because you're new to RP and were playing Yuri in character, and you weren't aware of my nation's background so you were filling in with details that seemed plausible.

Shad... basically, intermediate are people who know the basics of RP and how to carry a story, can develop and define their characters to being believable (even if they're unbelievably strange beings) and multitask multiple characters and stories. Experienced/Advanced would be G-Tech, Cer, Cam, Tilt, Night, etc. Peeps who have been playing for ages, can GM as well as they play, and are capable of carrying on a campaign at an advanced level.

So I would be intermediate?
Happiness is when
what you think,
what you say,
and what you
do are in harmony.
-Gandhi
Official Squirrel of PL

Agnostic
Democratic Socialist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Amateur Artist - My Art!
Nonbinary/Genderqueer
Gay
Wragon Furry
Brony

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14290
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Urran wrote:Why can't I make it a week without striking a nerve? I'm sorry Swith. :(

Because you're a butthead. :kiss: LOL

Because you're new to RP and were playing Yuri in character, and you weren't aware of my nation's background so you were filling in with details that seemed plausible.

Shad... basically, intermediate are people who know the basics of RP and how to carry a story, can develop and define their characters to being believable (even if they're unbelievably strange beings) and multitask multiple characters and stories. Experienced/Advanced would be G-Tech, Cer, Cam, Tilt, Night, etc. Peeps who have been playing for ages, can GM as well as they play, and are capable of carrying on a campaign at an advanced level.


Love you too :lol2:
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Shadyrya
Senator
 
Posts: 4090
Founded: Jul 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadyrya » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Swith Witherward wrote:
Urran wrote:Why can't I make it a week without striking a nerve? I'm sorry Swith. :(



Shad... basically, intermediate are people who know the basics of RP and how to carry a story, can develop and define their characters to being believable (even if they're unbelievably strange beings) and multitask multiple characters and stories. Experienced/Advanced would be G-Tech, Cer, Cam, Tilt, Night, etc. Peeps who have been playing for ages, can GM as well as they play, and are capable of carrying on a campaign at an advanced level.


Okay, cool.

Does post count factor in? That would suck. Or inactivity? I can kinda disappear sometimes, because of either pure laziness or things more important than NS.
Shad :)

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14290
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Anyhow, shall we continue? I still feel bad Swith, I didn't mean to insult you and I feel really bad about that. Anything you need me to do to make up for it?
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Shadyrya wrote:Okay, cool.

Does post count factor in? That would suck. Or inactivity? I can kinda disappear sometimes, because of either pure laziness or things more important than NS.

Post count is as meaningful as warts on a hooker's butt. Threads such as TET drive up post counts.

Inactivity happens. One of our regs is away for nine weeks for Army Basic Training. I'm fine with it as long as we know people plan to be gone or are slow posters. You might want to let other players know if you plan to only post once or twice a day. Don't leave them hanging in the IC. Our OP was gone from NS for over a year prior to returning.


Urran, sure thing. I'm experiencing shitty lag on my craptop and trying to get us transferred over, so it's taking me a while to reload IC.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

User avatar
Urran
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14290
Founded: Jan 22, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Urran » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 pm

Kay. I think it's the stress of college, Yuri just being Yuri, and me being upset about my unlce.
I Am A Member Of The Best Roleplay Community :D
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Applejack is best pony
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

User avatar
Swith Witherward
Senior P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 30302
Founded: Feb 11, 2012
Democratic Socialists

MOVING DAY

Postby Swith Witherward » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm

ATTENTION

It's moving day! We're heading to the new OOC thread.
Please remember that comments like
"First!" and "New thread smell" or just "hi" are considered spam.


The new OOC link is
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=257349

Lock request sent> http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=16185667#p16185667

DO NOT POST HERE. PLEASE MOVE OVER TO THE NEW THREAD.
Last edited by Swith Witherward on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Senior P2TM RP Mentor

How may I help you today?
adhouse
Role Play
& Writers Group
Why is everyone a social justice warrior?
Why didn't any of you choose a different class,
like social justice mage or social justice thief?
Anti-intellectual elitism: the dismissal of science, the arts, and humanities and their replacement by entertainment, self-righteousness, ignorance, and deliberate gullibility.
- sauce

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aeyariss, Bojikami, Bortslovakia, Britanania, Dyelli Beybi, Ferret Civilization, Flecatya, ImperialRussia, Main Nation Ministry, Pacomia, Rykil, Sanabel, The Democratic Marxists, Tomia, Uttland

Advertisement

Remove ads