NATION

PASSWORD

What question do you want to ask AU?

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:55 am

- How long did it take for you to make those amazing designs in the Overview?

- So I feel bad that this is one of the more generic things to ask, but what generally inspired this nation? I was thinking if you might have had a dream of some sorts with faceless people (I might be awfully specific), or maybe a book or a movie?

- Do you usually enjoy or love political satires? At what point did you draw a line and think that even for a satire, oversaturation in politics drove you nuts?
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Liagolas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Liagolas » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:27 am

Valentine Z wrote:
- How long did it take for you to make those amazing designs in the Overview?

- So I feel bad that this is one of the more generic things to ask, but what generally inspired this nation? I was thinking if you might have had a dream of some sorts with faceless people (I might be awfully specific), or maybe a book or a movie?

- Do you usually enjoy or love political satires? At what point did you draw a line and think that even for a satire, oversaturation in politics drove you nuts?

- A couple hours, I think. I had some templates to work with, which helped on the design front. Most of my time was spent on the writing. And maybe an embarrassing amount of time was spent on coming up with gag publications based on real magazine names. I'm unreasonably proud of Space and the Humanist Arts Monitor. Also, thank you. I'm glad you like the book jacket.

- Nah, no dream. Liagolas just started as a generic "evil" nation. When I started roleplaying in forums, I realized I wanted to have a more thoughtful premise than that or else Liagolas just wouldn't make sense as a participant in any international setting. Hive-mind imitation became the premise whereby the Dominion justified itself. Regretfully, Ayn Rand's Anthem also provided some inspiration, like the no first-person pronouns thing. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and even a morally bankrupt philosophy has a good setting gimmick once in awhile.

- I used to like satire, but these days I think satire tends to be insular and dodges more honest and inclusive conversation. I started to see satire as more barb than insight, more denigration than dialogue. I don't remember a specific line that got crossed for me. I just know I don't read satirical stuff anymore.

/skipme; still Valentine Z
Last edited by Liagolas on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Place Without a PeopleThe Dominion, brieflyThe Liagolas (leader) • MT. The dystopia pretending to be a hivemind. • When NS stats make your nation look freer than it's meant to be. • Security Council: *dips toe into roleplaying* General Assembly: *slaps SC*
In insisting it's a political simulation, NS ignores its reality as a political simulation game. Games have boundaries, and modern roleplaying games have safety tools. NS has neither, leaving it stuck as a badge-collecting pay-to-win where causticness is excused as "character," griefing/raiding is "just politics," and F7 is more courteous than General Assembly.

Puppetalia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Puppetalia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Liagolas wrote:
Questions for Puppetalia:

Do you plan to find GIFs for every single one of your nation's policies?

Is this nation for the puns, or do you consider yourself a puppetry fan? If so, any particular kind of puppetry?

I probably won’t find a GIF for literally every policy, but maybe for all the really funny ones!

It’s both! The puns are important, but also I’m a puppeteer in real life! I tend to mix my mediums a lot but I like to do shadow puppets and projections, to use found objects/junk either as materials for puppets or as the puppets themselves, to do lots of cardboard construction and combined 2D/3D stuff, and work with masks; but really whatever will serve the story/the jokes best. There’s a big puppetry community where I live so before COVID we were always doing puppet slams, parades, festivals, contests, workshops, all sorts of stuff. Now live theatre is kinda SOL so a lot of us are trying to pivot into filmmaking or live-streaming video.

My national flag is loosely inspired actually by the different National logos I saw being used at an international festival of the big puppetry union, UNIMA (International Union of the Marionette): US one uses a hand with stripes like the US flag, AUS uses a pictogram of a puppeteer with a koala on his back, the UK one uses Punch from Punch and Judy as their logo, the Pakistan one is a marionette made of Arabic calligraphy. You could make a whole UN of puppets, lol.

Thanks for the question!

//SKIP ME
Last edited by Puppetalia on Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:46 pm

Valentine Z wrote:- How long did it take for you to make those amazing designs in the Overview?

Which Sims game is your favorite? You seem to like the series, I think.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Reverberating Days
Civilian

Founded: Dec 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Reverberating Days » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:55 pm

Do you believe that elements of your own personality have entered your characters when you write them? I feel your characters seem to have very little of your actual policies, ideals, and worldviews compared to many other nations'.
"No matter what, I won't forget those days we spent together."
"No matter what, I won't ever leave your side."
Time never stops flowing and seasons change, those innocent days of the past might never return.
Two sisters, eternally bound by blood and friendship, had one another in rainy skies and shining sun.
For they know deep in their hearts that no matter what, spring always comes and flowers will bloom.
Sayuri and Sakura's untold story.

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:59 pm

Your 'Nation' is interesting to me, as it is more of a story than something that would be stereotypically be on this website.

What gave you the inspiration to create such a 'country', I wonder...

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:06 pm

Reverberating Days wrote: Do you believe that elements of your own personality have entered your characters when you write them? I feel your characters seem to have very little of your actual policies, ideals, and worldviews compared to many other nations'.

Oh, absolutely. It's less that I don't infuse them with my politics, it's more that I just don't care for politics and don't really think I have many solid positions. I mean, I don't know where I stand anymore. But my personality, definitely- I couldn't write from the perspective of a character I disliked for long if I didn't know where they were coming from. Otherwise it devolves into what I find to be parody that misrepresents their positions. I still feel I do that, but I think I've gotten better- that's largely why Ari's mellowed out recently. So I suppose that my characters share my view that politics doesn't define an individual, then.

Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:Your 'Nation' is interesting to me, as it is more of a story than something that would be stereotypically be on this website.

Are you planning to stick with this nation rather than Elyrion as your main?
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:09 pm

A little nitpicky but, your nation's IC military uniform looks very similar (or identical) to that of the Russian one (judging by the overview); understandable given the setting and culture and all...but how would your troops distinguish themselves from the Russians then?

Ah, KG. Editing:
Will Ari get married eventually? Are you planning on continuing Ari's bloodline or family dynasty?
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 pm

why cat girls?
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:
Reverberating Days wrote: Do you believe that elements of your own personality have entered your characters when you write them? I feel your characters seem to have very little of your actual policies, ideals, and worldviews compared to many other nations'.

Oh, absolutely. It's less that I don't infuse them with my politics, it's more that I just don't care for politics and don't really think I have many solid positions. I mean, I don't know where I stand anymore. But my personality, definitely- I couldn't write from the perspective of a character I disliked for long if I didn't know where they were coming from. Otherwise it devolves into what I find to be parody that misrepresents their positions. I still feel I do that, but I think I've gotten better- that's largely why Ari's mellowed out recently. So I suppose that my characters share my view that politics doesn't define an individual, then.

Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:Your 'Nation' is interesting to me, as it is more of a story than something that would be stereotypically be on this website.

Are you planning to stick with this nation rather than Elyrion as your main?

Honestly, this nation is a lot easier for me to roleplay with, since it's relatable to the real world and doesn't have so many limitations as The Elyrion does.
Whilst I will be somewhat active with The Elyrion, I feel like a lot more will be put into this nation for the above reasons listed.

Also, don't tell anyone, but I'm an awful drawer, and it's a whole lot easier to find pictures of Russians than a fictional tribe from a mobile game LMAO
/skipme

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:17 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:A little nitpicky but, your nation's IC military uniform looks very similar (or identical) to that of the Russian one (judging by the overview); understandable given the setting and culture and all...but how would your troops distinguish themselves from the Russians then?

Ah, KG. Editing:
Will Ari get married eventually? Are you planning on continuing Ari's bloodline or family dynasty?

Considering that they are the old Tsardom stranded in the new world, they use a lot of western equipment unlike their eastern counterparts.
Usually, you'd be able to tell that you're fighting a Alyaski soldier if, instead of being fired upon by Kalashnikovs (Like the AK - 12 or AN - 94) they are being shot by SIG MCX's or Armalite 18's.
/skipme
Last edited by Tsarstvo Alyaski on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:19 pm

Nevertopia wrote:why cat girls?

@Nevertopia
Damn it, so this is how KG feels when people say "Uhh what inspired you to make a nomad nation" like several times over and over? Try harder questions.

See here:
Las Palmeras wrote:
Atheris wrote:Why is it always catgirls?

@Atheris
Because cats are cute little balls of affection and unbridled bloodlust, just like the Tohorinese. Canines are far too noble and if I'd have chosen hyena-girls, the futa jokes would be never-ending. And because if you read the ethnography factbook, there's a little tidbit that says the cat-people aren't actually feline...they just have ears resembling them. Semantics. Yeah.

/SKIP
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:38 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:Will Ari get married eventually? Are you planning on continuing Ari's bloodline or family dynasty?

1) perhaps
2) That's a spoiler but you could tg me for the answer I guess

So uh

Is Canada truly a blessed northern land free of the hell that is Borgar Nationtm or is it just a different kind of torture?

Is there a particular reason why Nevertopia's land area matches Australia's exactly? Are you implying that Australia doesn't actually exist with that little hotlink? Because that's pretty funny if so.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

Hamatu
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamatu » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:
Las Palmeras wrote:Will Ari get married eventually? Are you planning on continuing Ari's bloodline or family dynasty?

1) perhaps
2) That's a spoiler but you could tg me for the answer I guess

So uh

Is Canada truly a blessed northern land free of the hell that is Borgar Nationtm or is it just a different kind of torture?

Is there a particular reason why Nevertopia's land area matches Australia's exactly? Are you implying that Australia doesn't actually exist with that little hotlink? Because that's pretty funny if so.

Okay, I've still got some questions left, so I guess I'll ask some of them.
1. Are there any specific NSers who you feel have inspired you in some way or another?
2. Have you been anywhere that has impacted the aesthetic of KG? What about your other, more FT nations?
3. So, if Ari, Tomyris, and Boudica got in a fight, who do you think would win?

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Hamatu wrote:Okay, I've still got some questions left, so I guess I'll ask some of them.
1. Are there any specific NSers who you feel have inspired you in some way or another?
2. Have you been anywhere that has impacted the aesthetic of KG? What about your other, more FT nations?
3. So, if Ari, Tomyris, and Boudica got in a fight, who do you think would win?

1. Fuck, I've got a list. Synne, Khoronzon, Shtet, Yegla, Nappy, and Eisenstern are probably the most influential though. Shtet's got a good ear for just talking about stuff and bouncing ideas off of, Synne and Yegla are the two who ended up indirectly pushing me to take on formatting to a higher level because they make me feel hopelessly inadequate, Khoronzon too, though I'm more focused on how he does prose in terms of feeling inadequate, Nappy for really demonstrating in excellent form how to make chonky character factbooks and for stylistically being the sort of format I wanted to emulate, and Eisen for inspiring me to make a multi-nation nation with his project. But really everyone on here who puts any effort into their stuff at all I'd consider a friend and inspiration- your character writing, for example, still serves as an example of what to do right for me. These are just the ones who came to mind first.

Wait, but if we're all extensions of Synne's consciousness then how does he inspire me? Synneception?

2. Yes. Southern Arizona in the mountains there's some really nice chaparral that's the closest I've ever come to being on a steppe, really, and the southern bits of the Great Plains as well. My more FT nations are definitely not inspired by anywhere I've been, though. They're more based off my pessimistic interpretation of the old "man will conquer space soon!" stuff.

3. Boudica. Tomy was a bit old when she did her really notable stuff, old enough to have an adult child, and Ari's too young to really have discipline in fighting.

/skip
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

Liagolas
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Liagolas » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Hamatu wrote:snip

Did you read/watch/consume much mermaid media growing up? Any highlights? Or did Hamatu as a mermaid land get inspired by completely different sources?

How did "suspiciously happy" people get on Ilitu's bad side?
The Place Without a PeopleThe Dominion, brieflyThe Liagolas (leader) • MT. The dystopia pretending to be a hivemind. • When NS stats make your nation look freer than it's meant to be. • Security Council: *dips toe into roleplaying* General Assembly: *slaps SC*
In insisting it's a political simulation, NS ignores its reality as a political simulation game. Games have boundaries, and modern roleplaying games have safety tools. NS has neither, leaving it stuck as a badge-collecting pay-to-win where causticness is excused as "character," griefing/raiding is "just politics," and F7 is more courteous than General Assembly.

Hamatu
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamatu » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 pm

1. Did you read/watch/consume much mermaid media growing up? Any highlights? Or did Hamatu as a mermaid land get inspired by completely different sources?
- Oh, definitely, I was actually something of a mermaid fanatic when I was a little kid, if I'm honest with myself... To give an embarrassing idea of what I was like, we lived near Weeki Wachee, and I was completely convinced I would become one when I grew up... for way too long- I think it lasted nearly into high school. But, as for Hamatu, the mermaid feature sorta came about... well, I guess a childhood love of mermaids probably has some subconscious impact, but at the time, I didn't consider it in the slightest. Initially, it was just an underground nation of humans with a good navy and a water goddess. But, that gradually shifted- and, Hamatu became the Land of Salt and Sorrow, with mermaids and Ilitu as they are now.

2. How did "suspiciously happy" people get on Ilitu's bad side?
Yah, that's basically just a joke about how Ilitu really doesn't like or trust Valentine Z because she's sorta paranoid about somethings (A lot of the stuff in her 'Formal' factbook are that way, honestly, I just find it boring to write templates otherwise). But also, a lot of Hamatu's & Ilitu's... sctick(?) is about depression and guilt- 'Divine Melancholy', 'Salt and Sorrow', the whole 'Penitent' thing, 'Sacred Sorrows'- so, for Ilitu, the idea that someone could be genuinely, actually happy, or that they might have a clear conscience is about as foreign an idea to her as she can imagine.

skip.me/
Last edited by Hamatu on Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:43 pm

"Where did the name Liagolas come from? as far as names go it's pretty out there as far as I can spread my imagination."

-OOC
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:29 pm

Hey, good seeing you.
How's that whole Plasma Weaponry idea thingy going since we last spoke about it?
(I'm the same user as The Elyrion, can't remember if it was that or MN currently in which we spoke, soooo...)
Last edited by Tsarstvo Alyaski on Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comerciante
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Comerciante » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 pm

Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:Hey, good seeing you.
How's that whole Plasma Weaponry idea thingy going since we last spoke about it?
(I'm the same user as The Elyrion, can't remember if it was that or MN currently in which we spoke, soooo...)

"I have decided to embrace the memery, you get shot by a Plasma Weapon ya get turned to plasma goop!"

-OOC

/skip
"Rumors of CFC affiliates building superweapons in orbit over Earth is fake news. Watch groups have corroborated this even though it would be to quote the BoD "totally rad."

#00: "The first step to acquiring real power, is to learn how to steal it from someone else, the second step is learning how to keep it the third step is to restart from the first step."
"Good and Evil are Two Tall Trees sitting upon a hill, the Tree of Good is Strong and Tall and does not bend, the Tree of Evil is Short and Flimsy when the wind blows Good resists, and breaks and falls on the floor and dies and Evil? well, it bends and it lives."

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:36 pm

Comerciante wrote:
Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:Hey, good seeing you.

"I have decided to embrace the memery, you get shot by a Plasma Weapon ya get turned to plasma goop!"

-OOC

/skip

Fallout would like to have a word with you...
/stillme

Liagolas
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Liagolas » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:11 am

Comerciante wrote:"Where did the name Liagolas come from? as far as names go it's pretty out there as far as I can spread my imagination."

-OOC

Don't have a clue. Must've been the first syllables I could put together that weren't already taken by another nation.

/skip

Baizou
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Baizou » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:21 am

Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:
Hey, good seeing you.

Howdy! I don't think we've interacted as Elyrion, so nice to meet you!

1. At risk of being a cliched question, how did you arrive at this idea? An empire in exile is unique enough, but drawing upon the limited history of Russian colonization in Alaska is even more unique. Related to that, how did you become familiar with Russian colonization in Alaska?
2. Are there any tensions in Alyaski over the rename? Like, is there a split on whether or not they should be the Russian Empire or the Tsardom of Alaska? Kind of like the tensions that existed in Taiwan for a long time.
3. Were there any shenanigans about who got Russia's Security Council seat?
Premise: MT, VHSpunk, Japanese heritage, always 2004. | Factbook | Parties | Main Cast | Q&A | News
Stories From Baizou
"A Revolutionary Compromise," starring Meikawa Tomoko. | More to come?
Premier Fukushima
Ambassador Mizushima
Sovereign Haruto
Princess Consort Yuu
Rep. Meikawa
Councilor Akitamoto
CARRIE
Retired Sovereign Airi
Rep. Yutani
Flag features Ambassador Mizushima. OOC, user's pronouns are she/her.
It's 2004. MTish nation with videocassettepunk tech, Japanese heritage, minority of magic occult practitioners, casuistic Catholic plurality, sovereign deriving authority by Anglican coronation, and policymaking so byzantine parties wonder if it'd be easier to pursue agendas via international law.

Tsarstvo Alyaski
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsarstvo Alyaski » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:40 am

1. At risk of being a cliched question, how did you arrive at this idea? An empire in exile is unique enough, but drawing upon the limited history of Russian colonization in Alaska is even more unique. Related to that, how did you become familiar with Russian colonization in Alaska?

Okay, so... How did I arrive at the idea? Urm, as The Elyrion got stale, since it's such a specific nation, which has created some roleplay blanks for me RN, I simply wanted another nation, one more based on the real world and more free in it's politics. The idea for Tsarstvo Alyaski came as, whilst I wanted a basis on the real world, I never really want to create a 'normal' nation, like recreating the UK or something. As a giant Alternate - History nerd, the idea of a Russian Alaska came to mind. How did I become familiar? I can't remember exactly. It may have been specifically from the YouTube alternate history channel Monsieur Z, but it could've just as well came from memes.

E.G: Russia sells Alaska to the USA for money: Happy face.
The USA discovers oil in Alaska: Regret.

2. Are there any tensions in Alyaski over the rename? Like, is there a split on whether or not they should be the Russian Empire or the Tsardom of Alaska? Kind of like the tensions that existed in Taiwan for a long time.

A good question. Due to western influence throughout the 20th century, the Tsardom in exile became a constitutional monarchy quickly, before the onset of WW2. So, by 1993, Alyaski had by all means became a nation very much unrelated to the Russian Empire of the 1910's and earlier. Still, the rename stirred the pot, especially among many of the conservatives, who still believed that with western support, the mainland could still be reclaimed and the Romanovs once more becoming the rulers of the country that they fled.
In reality, the government realised that, in the onset of a war between it and the Russian Federation, they would be most likely obliterated by Russia's nuclear arsenal. They realised that reconciliation would be the most optimal way of keeping the nation, and the Romanov dynasty safe.

The Alyaski population, who are as modern as their Canadian neighbors don't see the simple spiritual change as one that should be argued, or even taken notice of.

3. Were there any shenanigans about who got Russia's Security Council seat?

Not really. By the time of the Russian Federation's formation, despite the Russian Empire still being the official name of the country, internationally and mostly nationally, the nation was already considered the Tsardom of Alaska. The nation has it's own place in the Security Council, separate from Russia.

The questions were good, thanks.
/skipme
Last edited by Tsarstvo Alyaski on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fallen Albali
Secretary

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Fallen Albali » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:53 am

Baizou wrote:
Tsarstvo Alyaski wrote:barbershop snip

You know, I've seen a lot of people ask "what" and "why"... but never "how" - so here's a question for you.
How do you approach thinking about and writing things related to Baizou? I'm interested in seeing how different people tick when it comes down to writing their lores
what I mean by this question is, do you only write when you're 'inspired'? If you do, how does this inspiration come about? Do you write lore for the sake of doing so, or is your brain hitting you with ideas you have to write down?
Oh, also, what do you do when you do get ideas? Do you go in and add/edit things immediately, or do you let things develop in your head for a bit longer?

lots of questions; I'm rambling I see heh
guess they all fit into that overarching question though
Last edited by Fallen Albali on Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albali has fallen and the galaxy is cold and dark.
Roulons News Network | Genocide on a galactic scale will never not be funny. | Fluttershy sucks. | You are hot chocolate with water; I am hot chocolate with milk. We are not the same.
IC year is 2044 | Tech level is basically FT with no spaceships | Population is ~12.6 million
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 1st place! | Proud Admiral of the Fuster Cluck Coalition; P5 twice in a row!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7