NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypnodia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hypnodia » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:02 am

woah

our military is aliens with hypnotism powers

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:49 am

Hypnodia wrote:woah

our military is aliens with hypnotism powers

Well, that's godmodding IMHO. For Borgevia: impressive, though it's quite a taxing thing.

It is 2019. The Lakán has been assassinated in an attack that disrupted the 2019 Pride March in the Commonwealth Square and killed 1,287; the terror group responsible for this has been violently dismantled.

Fast forward to December 2019. The body count for people killed in extremist violence has risen to 1,600 within the span of six months, most of them atheists, non-Christian and non-Muslim religious minorities, the Marshites (members of Palmyrion's oldest organised religion), and the LGBT community (arguably the most persecuted community in the world, perhaps on par with historical Jews).

The Commonwealth is planning to declare martial law as the situation inevitably grows worse, and with the highly militant PM candidate Ricardo Duterte leading the PM polls, it only seems like Palmyrion would end the decade the way it started it: drenched in violence - and Duterte would want to end it within the 2020s.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:53 am

About second fact: What is that? Neo-Crusaders?

In Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth a political correctness is just a little. The Commonwealthian government takes care of that both nations (Vulgarians and Graznavians) could express pride in their origin but also it was safe for other people. For example Graznavian pride: the Graznavian nationalism and also anti-Vulgarism were flourishing during the Seventh Bermudinian War. I mentioned about the Graznavian Rebel Clan collaborating with Feldenberg in my previous facts. Their slogan was: "Glory to Graznavia! Glory to the Liberators!" (org. Slawa Graznawii! Wyswiboditialom Slawa!). Today Graznavians can say "Glory to Graznavia!" but without "Glory to the Liberators!" because it's a incitement crime punished by flogging, cutting off the tounge or death penalty. About the Fist of the Freedom, Vulgarian guerrilla forces who fought the Feldenbergian Army in Vulgarian occupied lands by Feldenberg, fought the GRC and also was murdering the Graznavian civilians can be glorified but you can't glorify the war crimes on Graznavian civilians commited by FoF as a part of revenge. You can also be flogged, have cutted off your tounge or be killed.
Last edited by Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth on Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
A slavic union of two technologically medieval nations: Vulgaria and Graznavia living in the other dimension called Bermudinia. One more thing. Don't call me lazy! I just have more important things than NS. And I'm not a furry!
Current year: 7536 (Slavic), 2027 (Christian)
HAPPY NEW SLAVIC YEAR!!!
News: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1334463

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:07 pm

Seems like an unlikely alliance to say the least.

Burkish originated as a pidgin language to be shared between the multilingual forces of King Sean Burke's Rebellion. The various ethnicities of his army shared little linguistic compatibility, leading to chaos and confusion on the battlefield. Thus, the king and his generals codified a list of orders and terms to ensure communication between various units. This language eventually became the trade language of post-revolutionary Burcea, and evolved into a full creole language.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:48 pm

The Sapmi wrote:The idea of a superhero league forming as a result of Amenria sounds interesting.

The largest immigrant community in The Commonwealth of the Sapmi is actually the Dutch community, with them making up a population of 364,538 (~1/10 of the country) and being the largest community in Nieuw Holland (Dutch for New Holland), a province that currently makes up a majority of the land of the modern-day Swedish province of Norrland.

Oh there is already a Justice League-like organization. It's independent tho.

/Skip
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:01 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:Burkish originated as a pidgin language to be shared between the multilingual forces of King Sean Burke's Rebellion. The various ethnicities of his army shared little linguistic compatibility, leading to chaos and confusion on the battlefield. Thus, the king and his generals codified a list of orders and terms to ensure communication between various units. This language eventually became the trade language of post-revolutionary Burcea, and evolved into a full creole language.

That's basically what will happen in The Levant in our timeline. Basically, Frisian, Old English, German, Danish, and other Germanic Languages mash together with Latin, Greek and Persian, and in a few generations you get "the Noble Tongue".

Romance cultures and languages don't exist in our timeline. I mean this literally: Franks, the Suebi, the Visigoths, etc. etc. remained Germanic and never switched to Roman or Romance (i.e. French and/or various Iberian cultures), while the non-Germanic civilizations and cultures eventually assimilated into Germanicness. By 1000 C.E., every territory in Europe within or beyond the historical borders of West-Rome remained Germanic, while some of the East first became Slavic (but lost its Slavic-ness during the Northern Crusades during the 1300-1500s. More on that later).
Last edited by Frisia Magna on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kingdom of Frisia || Cyningdom Friesland
10 Aug 2021
Þe Feorbiliþe: Edgar van Helsing, Prime Minister of Frisia in 2003-2014, made Baron Helsing of Siefenhausen. | "Executing the Sultan may see us have another Malay Uprising on our hands" Marshal Commander Offenberg warns. | Bidvest AG evacuates Dili. Australian bombardment led to the death of at least 100,000. | Manchuria sends soldiers at the border with Ryojun. Legation Cities drop 5 GBU-43/B bombs on Beijing; "Respect the demilitarised zones or else" - Chairman Carlsborough. | 2021 Plebiscite shows 72.8% of New England's population would prefer to continue being a Lordship in the Britannic Commonwealth.
Don't know whether to create a Großdeutschland or an Anglo-Saxon Britannia puppet next.

Tohorin Social Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tohorin Social Republic » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:15 pm

Travestía enorme para mi idioma. Qué mal. Oh but the cultural and especially religious consequences should be interesting to observe.

North China is more or less subservient to the Soviet Union in our world because it's population is about the same as the USSR's and it's industrial base is considerably lower. China itself got wrecked badly by the asteroid 69230 Hermes in April of 1942, whose density was greater than expected. Though the event wasn't catastrophic enough to endanger human civilization, it did flatten and burn an area roughly the size of France with an impact force of about 10 to 15 gigatons, not to mention the fragments that air-bursted with the force of dozens of megatons around cities. And worse, the regional environmental damage plunged China into decades of crop failure and more civil wars. Famines across Africa, South and Southeast Asia also happened due to the smoke plumes carried by the Northeasterly Trade Winds , but the effects weren't as bad as those in Mainland China where 270 million to 300 million people starved.

The cultural and social issues faced by climate refugees in India and Indochina are too much to be described here but to continue with the weather, winters in general were colder in that decade.
The Tohorinese Social Republic
After being wronged by the world, a once sleazy tourist isle has turned into a paranoid counter-intelligence state looking out for good PR.
Our goal is the security of all our kin!

"Dad went back to RFSFR to go buy cigarettes." (unofficial motto)

The Burke Islands
Envoy

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Burke Islands » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:18 pm

I’m no expert but I feel a meteor strike this large would cause problems not just for China, Africa, and Asia, but the world as a whole. I feel earthquakes and tsunamis would have showed up literally everywhere as the crust of the earth was broken and shifted. Again, I’m not an expert, but I feel this would cause a much larger impact than it seems it did.

Cynicism is a rather common trait among most Burkes, against foreign governments, and to a lesser extent, foreigners as a whole. Approximately 87% of Burkes harbor moderate to strong suspicion of foreign governments. And while most Burkes are welcome to immigration, a large, and rather vocal minority, openly distrust outsiders. These opinions differ from region to region; the cosmopolitan, highly urbanized Fontaine region is much more open to immigrants compared to the rural Silfrey and war-torn North Hess.
Last edited by The Burke Islands on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❤️~Remember, no one will ever be able to hate you more than you already hate yourself~❤️

Borgevia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Cynicism is healthy in some cases, but in your case, that's a bit extreme. The fact a society can function when everyone "Ok Boomer" each other is a but far-fetched.

A large portion of Santiago in Western Borgovia is basically a city of its own. In 1890s, architects homesick of their ancestral homeland and seeking to remodel what their immigrant ancestors came from, developed unused land in Santiago to make exact replicas of the Forbidden City's Palace Museum (Chinese), Kyoto Imperial Palace (Japanese), Hue Imperial Palace (Vietnamese), and Wat Phra Chetuphon (Thai).

It was started when Anurak Chutikorn, a Thai-Borgovian architect, started an art project to make a copy of the Wat Phra Chetuphon Buddhist Temple for homesick Thais and/or Thai-Borgovians longing to reconnect to their culture to feel 'at home' and worship. Li Guan, Pham Tan, and Yamagishi Saito felt inspired by the project and cooperated with Anurak Chutikorn to build their own cultural sites close to each other so it'll be like traveling to 4 different countries by foot. Decades later, Jagdeep Virk built a replica of the Sikh temple Hazur Sahib near them with the help of Anurak and Saito. After Korean and Cambodian independence, Korean-Borgovian nationalists built a copy of Namhansanseong right next to the Kyoto Imperial Palace and Cambodian-Borgovian nationalists built a replica of the Angkor Wat next to the Hue Imperial Palace to remind visitors of the imperialist history Japan and Vietnam had towards its people.

Today, tourists can visit Santiago and head north of the city to see 7 life-sized replicas of historical sites of 7 countries the size of a small city if exploring it all by foot. Many Sikhs and Buddhists still visit the replica temples and worship. Of course, it hardly compares to the real sites in their respective countries, it wasn't meant to be a tourist spot, but an art project and, in a way, a snapshot of Borgovia's immigrant history.
Last edited by Borgevia on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

The world in this nation is changing for the better, current year is 2042.

Call us "Borgovia".

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:08 pm

Borgevia wrote:
Cynicism is healthy in some cases, but in your case, that's a bit extreme. The fact a society can function when everyone "Ok Boomer" each other is a but far-fetched.

A large portion of Santiago in Western Borgovia is basically a city of its own. In 1890s, architects homesick of their ancestral homeland and seeking to remodel what their immigrant ancestors came from, developed unused land in Santiago to make exact replicas of the Forbidden City's Palace Museum (Chinese), Kyoto Imperial Palace (Japanese), Hue Imperial Palace (Vietnamese), and Wat Phra Chetuphon (Thai).

It was started when Anurak Chutikorn, a Thai-Borgovian architect, started an art project to make a copy of the Wat Phra Chetuphon Buddhist Temple for homesick Thais and/or Thai-Borgovians longing to reconnect to their culture to feel 'at home' and worship. Li Guan, Pham Tan, and Yamagishi Saito felt inspired by the project and cooperated with Anurak Chutikorn to build their own cultural sites close to each other so it'll be like traveling to 4 different countries by foot. Decades later, Jagdeep Virk built a replica of the Sikh temple Hazur Sahib near them with the help of Anurak and Saito. After Korean and Cambodian independence, Korean-Borgovian nationalists built a copy of Namhansanseong right next to the Kyoto Imperial Palace and Cambodian-Borgovian nationalists built a replica of the Angkor Wat next to the Hue Imperial Palace to remind visitors of the imperialist history Japan and Vietnam had towards its people.

Today, tourists can visit Santiago and head north of the city to see 7 life-sized replicas of historical sites of 7 countries the size of a small city if exploring it all by foot. Many Sikhs and Buddhists still visit the replica temples and worship. Of course, it hardly compares to the real sites in their respective countries, it wasn't meant to be a tourist spot, but an art project and, in a way, a snapshot of Borgovia's immigrant history.

You guys are really exceptional in your cultural inclusiveness and adroitness for architecture; something that is widely lacking in the FRCP.
-------------
The Federal Republic of Cossack Peoples maintains numerous models of outdated Russian Federation military exports, such as MiG-35's and Kirov-class battlecruisers. Regardless of the state of our land forces, the sky and the seas have been traditional weak points and needed to be supplemented by whatever was available; so museum tech it was. Although the FRCP now has the economy and production to make its own materials, all advances to what we are now are fairly recent and any actual innovation is ground to a halt to prepare for an oncoming invasion.

Currently, purchased foreign ships and interceptors are quietly being disassembled for study into the designs; this is so we may produce our own copycat models.

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."
— Sadavir Errinwright, Expanse S2E12
"Вечнасць для Czaslyudiya!"
Federal Republic of Czaslyudian Peoples

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.
Sponsoring this signature
We're also the Czaslyudian Peoples now. Don't ask.

Tohorin Social Republic
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Tohorin Social Republic » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:15 pm

The Burke Islands wrote:I’m no expert but I feel a meteor strike this large would cause problems not just for China, Africa, and Asia, but the world as a whole. I feel earthquakes and tsunamis would have showed up literally everywhere as the crust of the earth was broken and shifted. Again, I’m not an expert, but I feel this would cause a much larger impact than it seems it did.

@The Burke Islands: Based my guesstimation on the Earth Impact Event Program's table calculations in Wikipedia and the NukeMap creator's comments on Edward Teller's super-nuke. Also take into consideration that Hermes is silicon-based and not an iron asteroid, so it has about 1/3 the mass. I'm no expert either but I actually think I exaggerated the impact's effects. /SKIP
The Tohorinese Social Republic
After being wronged by the world, a once sleazy tourist isle has turned into a paranoid counter-intelligence state looking out for good PR.
Our goal is the security of all our kin!

"Dad went back to RFSFR to go buy cigarettes." (unofficial motto)

Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:42 pm

I reminded a fragment of a letter from the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Mehmed IV:
"You will not, you son of a b****, have the sons of Christian land under you, we will fight you with earth and water, you son of a b****"!.

You will also can fight with air. :lol2:

How Arianism came to Bermudinia? Some of the Vulgarians and Graznavians when they were still on the Earth, they had been christianized in III century. Vulgarians and Graznavians were tribes who tried to colonize America, propably but they failed like other nations in ancient times because they went accidentally into the portal to Bermudinia located in the Bermuda Triangle.
A slavic union of two technologically medieval nations: Vulgaria and Graznavia living in the other dimension called Bermudinia. One more thing. Don't call me lazy! I just have more important things than NS. And I'm not a furry!
Current year: 7536 (Slavic), 2027 (Christian)
HAPPY NEW SLAVIC YEAR!!!
News: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1334463

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth wrote:I reminded a fragment of a letter from the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Mehmed IV:
"You will not, you son of a b****, have the sons of Christian land under you, we will fight you with earth and water, you son of a b****"!.

How Arianism came to Bermudinia? Some of the Vulgarians and Graznavians when they were still on the Earth, they had been christianized in III century. Vulgarians and Graznavians were tribes who tried to colonize America, propably but they failed like other nations in ancient times because they went accidentally into the portal to Bermudinia located in the Bermuda Triangle.

I never knew about the Zaporozhian Cossacks' letter before now: From the bottom of my heart and the pinnacle of my mirth,
THANK YOU

///skip///
///skip///

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.

Borgevia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:00 am

Vulgaro-Graznavian Commonwealth wrote:I reminded a fragment of a letter from the Zaporozhian Cossacks to Mehmed IV:

Curious where those colonisers are now. And how the sociology of Earth changed with all these species introduced so early into its history.

There's a tongue-in-cheek saying "Beware the Norwegians for they burn churches. Beware also the Borgovians, for they burn politicians". It's not a "hahaha I'm edgy racist" statement, but rather a joke on the history of their music scene.

Norway's known for it's Black Metal scene, and is seen as the capital of the Black Metal world. Through Black Metal fans, church burning and paganism. Borgovia's hailed as the Punk/Hardcore capital of the world and in the 1980s riot, Punk Rockers and Hardcore fans did drench Liberal Party politicians in oil and lit them on fire in protest of tax cuts for the wealthy and having the middle, working, and lower class pay higher taxes to make up from the loss of the rich paying less to avoid cutting social programmes. Some even splash oil on government buildings where Liberal Party members hid and then lit it on fire to angry Borgovians chanting "We'll kill you before you kill us".
Was once a ruthless capitalist Corporate State in South America (1800s - 1950s), but has since reformed into a Social Democratic, Federal, Parliamentary Republic whose politics is 90% of my irl views. We're Italo-Spanish-Chinese influenced and thus there's a lot of Chinese and Greco-Roman cultural references.

Call us "Borgovia".

Frisia Magna
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisia Magna » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:34 am

Brutal. I like it. And a very healthy way to make a government do what you want. I wonder if they'd have the balls to do the same to the Corpus, rather than the generally-more-peaceful liberals.

While the "official" story is that Alfred the Red and his band of vikings were burnt at the Cross after their failed invasion of Frisia in the Era of Chaos, that is... simply not true. While many priests (chief among them the Archbishop of Utrecht, who had been the primary victim of their going a-viking) did in fact want this to happen, despite Alfred himself burning at the cross, nearly every Viking that invaded Frisia was allowed to build their own settlements if they swore to stop raiding, convert to Solarianism, and swear fealty to Alfbad, at that point Duke of Chamavia. These former Vikings would later form some of Alfbad's armies against both Holland and later the Holy German Emperor in his bid to get Frisia its independence, and many of their settlements (though by this point there's a lot of "native Frisian" blood in said settlements) still exist.
Last edited by Frisia Magna on Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Frisia || Cyningdom Friesland
10 Aug 2021
Þe Feorbiliþe: Edgar van Helsing, Prime Minister of Frisia in 2003-2014, made Baron Helsing of Siefenhausen. | "Executing the Sultan may see us have another Malay Uprising on our hands" Marshal Commander Offenberg warns. | Bidvest AG evacuates Dili. Australian bombardment led to the death of at least 100,000. | Manchuria sends soldiers at the border with Ryojun. Legation Cities drop 5 GBU-43/B bombs on Beijing; "Respect the demilitarised zones or else" - Chairman Carlsborough. | 2021 Plebiscite shows 72.8% of New England's population would prefer to continue being a Lordship in the Britannic Commonwealth.
Don't know whether to create a Großdeutschland or an Anglo-Saxon Britannia puppet next.

Borgevia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Borgevia » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:00 pm

@AN: The Corpus was dismantled by the Liberals in the 1950s, when Punkrock/Hardcore didn't exist yet.

As for your fact: Turning your enemies against another enemy is a great tactic, but even better if you turn them into your own citizens with property. People fight much harder if they do have something to lose. Good call.

While Borgovia is technically a Hispanic country, its largest demographic is Chinese (plurality, not majority) followed by Italian; if we go by 'ethnicity' then Latino is the plurality. It was founded and populated by Italians for the Spanish crown and was originally an Italian speaking country before Spanish overtook Italian as the lingua franca outside of IRL Uruguay which is the only Federal State in Borgovia that speaks Italian as the lingua franca. Its culture is still predominately Italian with Spanish/Portuguese/French/Persian influence to the Atlantic Coast, Sinosphere/Indian/Thai with Italian influence to the Pacific Coast. It's made plainly obvious of cultural influence when Borgovia's top naval academy for Navy recruit is the Sun Quan Red Cliff Academy located in Valparaiso (Western Borgovia). Borgovia's top Army Academy is the Gaius Academy of Julius Caesar slightly off the city limits of Buenos Aires in Eastern Borgovia.

Because the Qing Emperors only visit Borgovia when meeting with Western leaders, the port city of Santiago had, on a cliff, a replica of the markings found on Chibi in Hubei signalling the Battle of the Red Cliff during the Romance of the Three Kingdoms can be found before docking. On top of that cliff are marble statues celebrating Zhuge Liang, Sun Quan, and Cao Cao. To the West, Montevideo, the capital city, European leaders visiting are graced with marble statues of Julius Caesar, Pericles, and Suleiman I. On top of all those statues at port is a Latin description: "Quaerite tu virtutem, tu redde est in sanguinem" ("You seek power, you pay in blood"). It further shows the cultural divide between the more Southern European-oriented Eastern Borgovia and the Eastern Asian oriented Western Borgovia.
Last edited by Borgevia on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Call us "Borgovia".

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Unfounded » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:02 pm

A part of me now wonders whether spanish rice would go well with sesame chicken...

As a further extension of previous facts about the Test of Control, it is important to note that in order for a Servant to be treated as an adult, they must pass the Test of Control. Passing this test is necessary due to the wide variety of dangers that face a Servant under most normal conditions, and it is largely this test that makes up the difference between the Servants and those nations that utilize conventional technologies to conduct their daily business.

It is also important to note that though the Test of Control might seem dangerous and unforgiving, it is exceedingly rare for a trueborn adherent to pass their fifteenth year of life without having passed the test, and similarly rare for a convert to have spent more than five years learning the True Way without having passed their more difficult variant. This is both due to the amount of attention paid to the training regimen and practices, and to the amount of importance (legally and socially) placed on its completion. A Servant does not have procreation rights, cannot leave the creche communities or set foot in the Arcologies, cannot enter a trade, and cannot commence military service without having first completed the test.

And the children learn very early on that the Sentinels are not to be trifled with. They might dote on their charges, but they are also exceedingly vested in ensuring that children grow up strong, healthy, and properly trained.
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

A 1.09 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
All NS stats are non-canon with this nation.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:43 pm

No matter how you look at it, it still seems like a scary place to live in. I'm thinking alien Sparta. Yikes.

While people can have same powers and techniques, the exact appearance of said techniques vary by individual, as powers are fueled by Qi, which is affected and affects a person's thoughts and personalities. For exapmle, Tianshi's Fire Punch is him punching the target while his hands are engulfed in flames, while Maung II's Fire Punch is her doing the same while the flames are shaped like a tiger's head. Another example would be the Vampire Twins' Cat Forms. Camilla becomes a black leopard, while her sister Camellia becomes a white tiger. A last example for this post would be Leviathan's Dragon Beam, which she shoots from her forehead, is blue in contrast to Pamola's, which is white and fired from his eyes, Basmu's, which is green and is fired from her mouth, Camazotz's, which is black and fired from his chest, and Fuzanlong's, which is red and fired from his hands.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:18 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:No matter how you look at it, it still seems like a scary place to live in. I'm thinking alien Sparta. Yikes.

While people can have same powers and techniques, the exact appearance of said techniques vary by individual, as powers are fueled by Qi, which is affected and affects a person's thoughts and personalities. For exapmle, Tianshi's Fire Punch is him punching the target while his hands are engulfed in flames, while Maung II's Fire Punch is her doing the same while the flames are shaped like a tiger's head. Another example would be the Vampire Twins' Cat Forms. Camilla becomes a black leopard, while her sister Camellia becomes a white tiger. A last example for this post would be Leviathan's Dragon Beam, which she shoots from her forehead, is blue in contrast to Pamola's, which is white and fired from his eyes, Basmu's, which is green and is fired from her mouth, Camazotz's, which is black and fired from his chest, and Fuzanlong's, which is red and fired from his hands.

Fascinating, is it possible such people are available to train alongside our War Mystics? I am sure the cross-training event may increase our respective abilities.

Tundra Terrans are masters of mobile production and minifacturing. It is often common to see vehicles in the (technically civilian & military) world be outfitted with tools or dedicated appliances that allow for small scale production of other items and more importantly...resources. A common example would be an on-board fuel synthesizer in say a jeep or a helicopter (often times with emergency ingredients on hand) that allows the owner to produce his own fuel and to continue on his journey in areas that may be inhospitable or lack sufficient rest stops. In the military sense there might be a reloading bench or a med-bay in an APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) that would allow for extended battles to be conducted. Understand that i mean this the ENTIRE vehicle pool in the country in addition to traditional factories or other methods of manufacture residing in population centers.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:20 pm

Tundra Terra wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:No matter how you look at it, it still seems like a scary place to live in. I'm thinking alien Sparta. Yikes.

Fascinating, is it possible such people are available to train alongside our War Mystics? I am sure the cross-training event may increase our respective abilities.

Tundra Terrans are masters of mobile production and minifacturing. It is often common to see vehicles in the (technically civilian & military) world be outfitted with tools or dedicated appliances that allow for small scale production of other items and more importantly...resources. A common example would be an on-board fuel synthesizer in say a jeep or a helicopter (often times with emergency ingredients on hand) that allows the owner to produce his own fuel and to continue on his journey in areas that may be inhospitable or lack sufficient rest stops. In the military sense there might be a reloading bench or a med-bay in an APC (Armored Personnel Carrier) that would allow for extended battles to be conducted. Understand that i mean this the ENTIRE vehicle pool in the country in addition to traditional factories or other methods of manufacture residing in population centers.

That sounds like a fun rp prompt!

/Skip

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:30 am

Tundra Terra wrote:

That's a good idea, not just putting extra bells and whistles in equipment but actually finding practical uses for extra weight and space is a great way to improve survivability of vehicles and crews, as well as make repairs and maintainence easier. The production of ones own fuel is nothing short of a technological marvel.

A nuclear accident once occurred at the Keston facility, in which technician Roy Cox was exposed to a whopping 25,0000 rads, as he was next to the reactor vessel when it cracked due to a coolant pump failure. His left side was exposed, his shoulder, elbow and most of his hand and finger joints were fused and he suffered 3rd degree burns. But miraculously, he survived due to the damage being localised. His arm had to be rebuilt with a mixture of cybernetics, bioprinting and reconstructive surgery.

The resulting radiation sickness lasted over a month, but with intensive care, he survived. He described the hit as feeling like an intense electric shock, his scream of shock and agony which was caught on a security recording is rumoured to be cursed, and anyone who hears it will suffer from phantom pains for a day after.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Tundra Terra
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Tundra Terra » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:31 pm

I heartily congratulate this Roy for surviving and i can easily imagine he is now the Minister or Commissar if you prefer of Maintenance. His life goal to tell the tale of how his nuclear parentage changed the facility forever...hopefully with the actual result of making a safe area to work in. Also since your a syndicalist...does that mean the bio-printing, cybernetics, and reconstructive surgery mean you might also have an improved workforce, administration, or espionage sector i wonder?

Tundra Terra for most of its history was defined as a tribal place. Villages scattered everywhere with the occasional raid until near extinction occured via an invasion of knights and vikings. What few traders they had explored many years ago eventually returned with everything they could carry and preserve from the Greek City State of Sparta. Archivists and wise men pulled such knowledge they had attempted to decipher for generations and forced the people to migrate en masse to nearby mountains. The lack of resources forced the Tundrans to learn, adapt, and eventually defeat their enemies. With plenty of metal in the mountains what housed cavemen brought forth warriors of steel. Thankfully, some of the invaders were convinced to join them and stay to create new families. The merging of Greek knowledge, of Norse Culture, and Christian steel launched the nation into a regional powerhouse in the span of a few generations. Although transformed, the Tundrans maintained as much of their original selves as possible when dealing with foreigners. This unification grew into a single people destined for conquest and a thirst for war.
Current Status: Tundra is rocking with the Krieg...
We are a PMT Military and no We don't use NS stats.Why?
because..."WAR IS ETERNAL!!!"
"If bloodlust vikings, dorve tanks to school, had PMT-FT tech with Chaos -like fanaticism, this would be it."
-------------------------The Posthuman Coalition

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Second Republic of Texas
Civilian

Founded: Jan 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Republic of Texas » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:01 am

Quite an impressive people for their strong adaptation and advancements

The Republic of Texas has an elective dictatorship type government headed by a Chancellor entrusted with the full authority of the state serving a life term. The Chancellor's authority is nearly absolute. However, to prevent the dictatorship from threatening the state itself, severe limitations were placed upon its powers the chancellor may not take up a military command against the wishes of the Senate, and the Senate holds the right to veto the actions of the Chancellor.

Menschlicher Sternenstaat
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschlicher Sternenstaat » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:13 am

I can see that you have vested some thought into giving sensible checks and contingency plans for a hypothetical scenario of the Chancellor position being compromised by an abusive figure - this is something that I actually need to think upon further for my own (State) Chancellor position.

The singular, bloodiest battle that the Menschlicher Sternenstaat ever suffered was the Battle of the Lakshmi Basin, a part of the larger planetary Battle of Morcote within the Civil War of the State. Taking place on a (previously) fertile river delta of the Lakshmi river and embedded in the midst of the mighty Ashoka desert continent, the battle was already miserable to both sides from the sandstorms that blew in from distant orbital bombardments and natural winds. This mass of dust and sand, compounded with the proliferating disease and water, led to the delta degenerating to a literal basin of choking mud that consumed trenches, vehicles, and men whole.

What truly led to the deaths of fourteen million men and the destruction of millions of combat droids was the fact that the delta became effectively a massive battle of attrition and trench warfare, with each weakpoint in either the Kasmanite or loyalist lines degrading into full spearheads that would be blunted by amassed armor counterattacks. With the space of Morcote being battled for in a timespan of an entire year, orbital supremacy could not be assured, which forced commanders on both sides to shunt men and vehicles forward relentlessly. Even tactical nuclear detonations did not break the battle evenly, as the attacks that were launched against the Kasmanites were repelled by a massive flank maneuver that led to the creation of a two hundred-thousand man pocket.

The battle concluded with the eventual orbital supremacy being achieved by the Kasmanites through usage of I-Boats and a relentless charge on the several hundred kilometers long line, breaking through any exploited weakpoints with combined arms and an emphasis on unyielding orbital and terrestrial artillery. This battle in particular cemented the belief in the modern Sternenstaat military that attaining orbital supremacy over any contested world is key for an assured terrestrial victory - as if this wasn't proved before countless times.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:44 am

Ah, yes, civil war. What a wonderful part of our history, as well. Granted, we have not suffered that many casualties, but it was more of a petty argument between the several sects of Cossack society that lasted nine years.

At the moment, the FRCP is going to great lengths to interfere with a foreign election of one of our rivals, since we are teetering into war and the last hope for our people, nay, our infrastructure, is the prevention of this conflict that will undoubtedly cause the deaths of hundreds of millions.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives