NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Commend Kylarnatia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Commend Kylarnatia

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:01 pm

The Security Council Here Assembled,

Remaining Cognizant of the fact that the purpose of a Commendation is to "recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.";

Reminding our esteemed members that it is the honor and, indeed, the duty of this Council to recognize nations deserving of the aforementioned Commendation;

Putting forth that The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia has granted contributions to our community worthy of such recognition;

Lauding Kylarnatia for their participation in many organizations, including:

---The Fellowship of Imperial Realms: Kylarnatia's representative, in an alliance dedicated to maintaining the international balance of power, acted as Foreign Minister.

---The Gholgoth Regional Alliance: Kylarnatia's presence served to maintain the balance of powers in Gholgoth, as well as to balance out the less rational Scandinvans. As a member of Gholgoth they have also imposed the encroachment by the Kraven Corporation, a nation whose human rights abuses abound; addressed in depth later in the resolution.

---The Sondrian Regional Council: Kylarnatia has been a staple member of the Council, though no longer a member of the region, and has contributed a great deal to its discussions regarding the peace and prosperity of the region;

Applauding Kylarnatia for their upstanding conduct as a member of the universe;

Further Lauding Kylarnatia for being a nation that is old, comparably to other nations, being founded in the year 2008;

Admiring Kylarnatia for their excellent Civil Rights and Political Freedoms;

Impressed with the charitable deeds made possible by Kylarnatia vis a vis the Imperatrix Foundation;

Awed by Kylarnatia's investment in humanity via the Ministry for International Development;

Specifically Impressed in regards to Kylarnatia's dealings with the Kravenites in the following ways:

---Opposing them in the war for Havensky financially, diplomatically, and militarily.

---Providing a diplomatic bulwark against their conquest of unaligned Gothic territories, such as the territory surrounding Havensky.

---Voicing humanitarian concerns before and during the Kravenite invasion of Havensky,

Specifically Awed in regards to Kylarnatia's dealings with the Freekish Empire (Automagfreek); known for its human rights violations, in the following ways:

---Voicing humanitarian concerns upon the initiation of the Gothic Civil War and during it.

---Providing a voice of reason to the Freekish Empire during the Gothic Civil War, given its reputation for irrational behavior;

Acknowledging that one of the few voices for good in Gholgoth should be encouraged;

Allowing that Kylarnatia may not be the only such voice, but is certainly the most prominent;

Convinced that Kylarnatia's efforts to re-stabilize the Evenguard of Azura, after its fall and re-establishment, are emblematic of not only a great nation, but a true ally;

Quite Certain that nations ought to be incentivized to be good allies and generous neighbors;

Does Hereby Commend Kylarnatia

EDITED the last reason for commendation in order to make it clear that is IC, not OOC, in accordance with the rules of SC proposals.

EDIT 2: Began a new draft.

Remaining Cognizant of the fact that the purpose of a Commendation is to "recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.";

Reminding our esteemed members that it is the honor and, indeed, the duty of this Council to recognize nations deserving of the aforementioned Commendation;

Putting forth that The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia has granted contributions to our community worthy of such recognition;

-The Fellowship of Imperial Realms: Kylarnatia's representative, in an alliance dedicated to maintaining the international balance of power, acted as Foreign Minister.

-The Gholgoth Regional Alliance: Kylarnatia's presence served to maintain the balance of powers in Gholgoth, as well as to balance out the less rational Scandinvans. As a member of Gholgoth they have also imposed the encroachment by the Kraven Corporation, a nation whose human rights abuses abound.

-The Sondrian Regional Council: Kylarnatia has been a staple member of the Council, though no longer a member of the region, and has contributed a great deal to its discussions regarding the peace and prosperity of the region;

Further Lauding Kylarnatia for being a nation that is old, comparably to other nations, being founded in the year 2008;

Impressed with the charitable deeds made possible by Kylarnatia vis a vis the Imperatrix Foundation;

Awed by Kylarnatia's investment in humanity via the Ministry for International Development;

Convinced that Kylarnatia's mentorship over other nations, as evidenced by their ambassadorial conduct, has earned them a right in the Hall of Commended Nations;

Last edited by Delmonte on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:30 pm

The head of the Maltropian delegation rose to speak briefly on the proposal.

"The Most Catholic Empire of Maltropia has a long-standing friendship with the Kylarnatian people, though it is only recently that we have solidified this friendship in an alliance. We are slightly confused by the reference to the Ancient Empire having a 'mentorship' over other nations. What, precisely, is meant by this? I can only assume it is a reference to the former dependencies of the Kylarnatian Empire, many of which have been shaped by their mutual histories, but I feel it would be of potential benefit to this proposal to elaborate on the phrase."

He seemed poised to continue speaking, but an aide tugged on his suit to distract him and the delegate returned to his seat.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:42 pm

Runio Damiatti cleared his throat and leaned towards his microphone.

"Sir, it is well-known that ambassadors to the nation of Kylarnatia are able to call upon them for advice on affairs of governance at any time. A favor which Delmonte has given to several nations in the past as well."
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

Applebania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Applebania » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:52 pm

Joshua sat down in his seat. It seemed that he had been frequenting this place more and more often: The GA seemed to have been losing its lustre for him. He quickly skimmed the proposal at hand.

"There simply isn't enough content here. Some things you haven't gone into detail enough on, others that you have highlighted aren't particularly commendable: Indeed, the Kraven Corporation, a nation founded in antiquity, has been condemned by this esteemed council for various human rights violations. Also, Omigodtheykilledkenny has also been condemned by this council, despite having high civil rights and political freedoms."
AKA Karlsefni
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Sergeant of the Rejected Realms Army

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Check out these Rules for SC Proposals. Notably:
Ardchoille wrote:1. You cannot commend or condemn members of the site staff (Moderators, Administrators, Issues Editors, II Mentors etc.) for actions taken as part of their role.

(emphasis mine)
Last edited by Mousebumples on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:54 pm

Mousebumples wrote:Check out these Rules for SC Proposals. Notably:
Ardchoille wrote:1. You cannot commend or condemn members of the site staff (Moderators, Administrators, Issues Editors, II Mentors etc.) for actions taken as part of their role.

(emphasis mine)

That was not done here. Kylarnatia is being commended for in character mentorship. I am more than familiar with the SC rules. At no point is the resolution referring to anything the player has done, which would be in violation of the rules irrespective of the player's (not the nation's) standing as a Mentor. The entire resolution references In Character actions by Kylarnatia. Notice "mentorship" with a lower case "m".

EDIT: I edited the phrase in question to make it patently obvious that what I mean is IC.

As for Applebania...

"Dear Sir..." Runio began, "I don't believe you understand. We are commending Kylarnatia for opposing the Kraven Corporation. Of which there is ample evidence. However, where would you like to see me go into more detail?"
Last edited by Delmonte on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:30 pm

I see quite a bit of fluff and not too much substance. Against.

The Security Council,

-The Fellowship of Imperial Realms: Kylarnatia's representative, in an alliance dedicated to maintaining the international balance of power, acted as Foreign Minister.

-The Gholgoth Regional Alliance: Kylarnatia's presence served to maintain the balance of powers in Gholgoth, as well as to balance out the less rational Scandinvans. As a member of Gholgoth they have also imposed the encroachment by the Kraven Corporation, a nation whose human rights abuses abound.

-The Sondrian Regional Council: Kylarnatia has been a staple member of the Council, though no longer a member of the region, and has contributed a great deal to its discussions regarding the peace and prosperity of the region;

Convinced that Kylarnatia's mentorship over other nations, as evidenced by their ambassadorial conduct, has earned them a right in the Hall of Commended Nations;

Just some weeb.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Ramaeus wrote:I see quite a bit of fluff and not too much substance. Against.

The Security Council,

I've added IC reasons for commendation; in both number and specificity. Can you tell me, beyond this, what more you would need to support?

At what point, roughly, do you draw the line and say "Yes, I would support this." or "No, I wouldn't support this."
Last edited by Delmonte on Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:57 pm

The observer from the Batory Empire sat, legs crossed, as the proposal met both support and criticism. Leaning back in her seat, she stretched a bit, and while still paying close attention to the debate at hand, thoughts drifted to what awaited her back at her quarters, and the hints of a wicked smile crossed her features, momentarily. At that time, an opportunity to speak arose, and so she stood, a hand brushing back her silver hair.

"I believe the 'mentorship' referred to was Kylarnatia's role as a sort of leader among the various international communities with which said nation has relations, and the willingness to take the lead in international endeavors. In some of these collections of countries, Kylarnatia's role has been even more direct, almost to say that they have steered a course for those around them, if you will. They have been a focal point of international relations in three separate organizations, to various degrees. This is what I believe the proposal cites when it speaks of mentorship. While we do not have a vote, and so our voice may count for less, we would like to make clear that we support this idea."

Nodding to signify that she was done speaking, for now, having only done so out of feeling it necessary to clarify, the observer from the Batory Empire sat back down, wiggling slightly in her seat to make herself comfortable, and intertwined her slender fingers.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Havensky
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Havensky » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 pm

I edited the below text to clear up some items regarding Havensky's involvement in the Milograd Conflict as it relates to the Ancient Empire. Mainly, that Havensky wasn't invaded by Kraven forces - it was Milograd. (But we were attacked)

Delmonte wrote:

---The Fellowship of Imperial Realms: Kylarnatia's representative, in an alliance dedicated to maintaining the international balance of power, acted as Foreign Minister.

---The Gholgoth Regional Alliance: Kylarnatia's presence served to maintain the balance of powers in Gholgoth, as well as to balance out the less rational Scandinvans. As a member of Gholgoth they have also imposed the encroachment by the Kraven Corporation, a nation whose human rights abuses abound; addressed in depth later in the resolution.

---The Sondrian Regional Council: Kylarnatia has been a staple member of the Council, though no longer a member of the region, and has contributed a great deal to its discussions regarding the peace and prosperity of the region;

Specifically Impressed in regards to Kylarnatia's dealings with the Kravenites in the following ways:

---Opposing them in the Milogradian Conflict financially, diplomatically, and militarily.

---Providing a diplomatic bulwark against their attacks of unaligned Gothic territories, such as providing a legal defense of Sir Lucas Ironwing of Havensky during his capture by the Kraven Reich.

---Voicing humanitarian concerns before and during the Kravenite invasion of Milograd,

---Successfully hosting peace-talks that ended the Milogradian Conflict

Specifically Awed in regards to Kylarnatia's dealings with the Freekish Empire (Automagfreek); known for its human rights violations, in the following ways:

---[b][u]Voicing humanitarian concerns
upon the initiation of the Gothic Civil War and during it.

---Providing a voice of reason to the Freekish Empire during the Gothic Civil War, given its reputation for irrational behavior;

Acknowledging that one of the few voices for good in Gholgoth should be encouraged;

Allowing that Kylarnatia may not be the only such voice, but is certainly the most prominent;

Convinced that Kylarnatia's efforts to re-stabilize the Evenguard of Azura, after its fall and re-establishment, are emblematic of not only a great nation, but a true ally;

Quite Certain that nations ought to be incentivized to be good allies and generous neighbors;

For viewers unfamilar with the conflict, the thread is here (Graphic content): viewtopic.php?f=5&t=275145
The Ironwing Storyline that runs parallel is here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=278199

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 pm

"The proposal as is seems fine to me. A far cry from *ahem* more recent ones."
Last edited by The balkens on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:05 pm

The balkens wrote:"The proposal as is seems fine to me. A far cry from *ahem* more recent ones."

Hahaha. Thank you for your support!

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:34 pm

Applauding Kylarnatia for their upstanding conduct as a member of the universe; I'd cut this clause, because it doesn't serve any real purpose. It's not an introduction, transition, or a conclusion.

Further Lauding Kylarnatia for being a nation that is old, comparably to other nations, being founded in the year 2008; This is not a unique activity. Not by a long while. Cut it.

Admiring Kylarnatia for their excellent Civil Rights and Political Freedoms; Lots of nations have achieved this statistic. The reader already has the impression that they're an upstanding nation. No need to "reinforce it" with easily achievable in-game stats.

Impressed with the charitable deeds made possible by Kylarnatia vis a vis the Imperatrix Foundation; Care to explain the significance? I'm not an RPer. This sounds good, but how common are things like this?

Awed by Kylarnatia's investment in humanity via the Ministry for International Development; Again, what's the significance of this?

---Opposing them in the war for Havensky financially, diplomatically, and militarily.

---Providing a diplomatic bulwark against their conquest of unaligned Gothic territories, such as the territory surrounding Havensky.

---Voicing humanitarian concerns before and during the Kravenite invasion of Havensky,

---Voicing humanitarian concerns upon the initiation of the Gothic Civil War and during it.

Acknowledging that one of the few voices for good in Gholgoth should be encouraged; I don't see the point of this clause.

Allowing that Kylarnatia may not be the only such voice, but is certainly the most prominent; I don't see the point of this clause.

Your formatting makes this proposal less appealing to the eyes. Eliminate the "---", and instead use this particular formatting for the sub-clauses that come after your "Lauding", "Specifically Awed", and "Specifically Impressed" clauses:
[list]Start of list:
[*]The First item
[*]The Second item
[*]The Third item[/list]
Just some weeb.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:43 pm

The proposal has been submitted.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:46 pm

Delmonte wrote:The proposal has been submitted.

Bad time to submit, should have submitted after update.

It gives you an additional 12 hours on the floor.

But anyway, approved.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Elke and Elba wrote:
Delmonte wrote:The proposal has been submitted.

Bad time to submit, should have submitted after update.

It gives you an additional 12 hours on the floor.

But anyway, approved.

Yeah, you're right. But, hey, I figure if it hasn't succeeded in three days it won't succeed in three days and twelve hours.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council