NATION

PASSWORD

What Does the Steel Fraternity Think of You?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Mediterreania
Senator
 
Posts: 3765
Founded: Apr 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mediterreania » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:30 am

Full Nation Name: The Mutual Anarchy of Mediterreania
Name: Mediterreania

Stance On:
Republicanism: A nice balance of powers.
Anarchy: ANARCHY FTW!
Totalitarianism: Bad.
Capitalism: Neutral.
Communism: Dangerous, and a liability to the anarchist movement.
Socialism: State socialism is bad.
Fascism: EVIL.
Monarchy: A relic of the past.
Abortion: Not popular, but we don't have the power to outlaw anything.
Alcohol: Live and let live.
Drugs: Legal and populat.
Homosexuality: Live and let live.
Death Penalty: The state has no power to take away life.
Militaries: A necessary evil, should be kept in reserve during peacetime.
Gun Control: Bad.
Religion: Live and let live.
Slavery: We are eternally at war with slaveholders.
Expansionism: Bad if it interferes with other people, otherwise OK.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: Seems a little arrogant.
Racial Superiority: Bad and antiquated.
The Environment: Should be preserved, but not at the expense of human life.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Life, liberty, self-ownership and free choice.
Universal Human Rights: As long as life, liberty and antislavery is practiced, it's ok.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: The freedom to choose your personal actions.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: WIN!
Education: Necessary.
Industry: Necessary for a modern society.
Quick and dirty guide to factions in Mediterranea, and puppets to serve as examples:
-Free Assembly - decentralized group of local associations. Main faction.
-Workers' Republic - anarcho-syndicalist commune
-República Morsica (Betico)
-Republic of Lusca
-Catholic State (The Archbishop of Siraucsa)

User avatar
Kraznya Syn
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraznya Syn » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Full Nation Name:
Name:

Stance On:
Republicanism: Republics, once established, are all good, but there is too much bickering and politics going around
Anarchy: Uncontrolled people. That's all we know about it
Totalitarianism: Hey, that's us, just not as total or as totally insane, Comrade!
Capitalism: It will die soon, my good Comrade
Communism: Stalinism; we love it. We practice it, Comrade.
Socialism: Its okay, Comrade.
Fascism: How's that different from Stalinism, Comrade?
Monarchy: We don't really like it.
Abortion: One of the freedoms we have is freedom of choice
Alcohol: Vodka, Comrade! Just not too much or Comrade Superman will have you medicated!
Drugs: Only for getting information
Homosexuality: Again, the government shouldn't worry about homosexuals, it's their choice, Comrade
Death Penalty: Only for traitors
Militaries: Sadly necessary
Gun Control: Gun control, eh? We don't want mass murderers stockpiling weapons, but we don't want to be mass murderers ourselves. So, in the middle.
Religion: It is the one thing that humanity surprises me with; we want to be our own masters yet worship something unproven to exist that rules over us
Slavery: Kill it off. Now.
Expansionism: Imperialism. No. NO. Annexation of willing nations? Okay.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: Never met you.
Racial Superiority: There is none.
The Environment: It is necessary to keep clean.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Food, water, shelter
Universal Human Rights: Food, water, shelter
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Choices.
Universal Individual Freedom: Choices.
SCIENCE!: Necessary
Education: Mandated by our dear Comrade Leader
Industry: Necessary, if government owned.

User avatar
New Heliopolis
Diplomat
 
Posts: 853
Founded: Mar 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Heliopolis » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

Full Nation Name: The Pharonic Empire of New Heliopolis
Name:New Heliopolis

Stance On:
Republicanism: It gets the people too close to the government, when they should happily serve.
Anarchy: An awful, disorderly mess.
Totalitarianism: Only the natural order of things.
Capitalism: Again, puts too much power in the hands of the people
Communism: God-awfully designed.
Socialism: Why should the worthless be aided?
Fascism: Quite an excellent idea
Monarchy: The best system yet.
Abortion: Only if the child is defective.
Alcohol: Only during leisure hours
Drugs: As long as a citizen's ability to work is uninhibited
Homosexuality: Acceptable
Death Penalty: There's no good reason not to have it.
Militaries: Useful things, to be used for national interest.
Gun Control: Restricted to the military
Religion: The only acceptable religion is the worship of MAAT and SEKHMET.
Slavery: Why not?
Expansionism: When in the interests of the nation...
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: There's nothing wrong with them.
Racial Superiority: If actually based in fact--i.e., stronger species/races versus weaker. Otherwise, it's completely idiotic.
The Environment: To be exploited when necessary. Though conserving resources is generally a good idea for pragmatic reasons.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: They don't exist
Universal Human Rights: See above
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Again, they don't exist.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: An incredible tool.
Education: Having an educated class is important for national development, but that's no reason to give it to everyone.
Industry: All power to it.
Last edited by New Heliopolis on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Excellent Quotes:
JJ Place wrote: just because an organization tells you that them taking money from you isn't theft because they have more rights than any other organization is one of the lamest arguments a person can utilize in a debate; saying that the government can do what it likes because it writes it's own law is intellectually dishonest, and flies in the face of all reality.


Lucantis wrote:If a fat man puts you in a bag at night, don't worry I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas.

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Jbeil wrote:Full Nation Name:The Second Jbeili Empire.
Name:Jbeil.
Stance On:
Republicanism:Good.
Anarchy:Very bad.
Totalitarianism:Bad.
Capitalism:Good.
Communism:Neutral.
Socialism:Good.
Fascism:Very bad.
Monarchy:Very good.
Abortion:Neutral,and legal.
Alcohol:Neutral,and legal.
Drugs:Bad,and illegal.
Homosexuality:Neutral,and legal.
Death Penalty:Bad,and illegal.
Militaries:Neutral.
Gun Control:Bad,and strictly regulated.
Religion:Good.
Slavery:Very bad,and illegal.
Expansionism:Good.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity:Neutral.
Racial Superiority:Very bad.
The Environment:Very good.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights:Right to life,property and liberty.
Universal Human Rights:Very good.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms:Right to life,property and liberty.
Universal Individual Freedom:Very good.
SCIENCE!:Very good.
Education:Very good.
Industry:Good.

Aside from a disturbing level of sympathy for Socialism and excessive concern for the environment, this Jbeil seems like a generally decent nation. We would be willing to open cautiously friendly relations with them.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Violan wrote:Full Nation Name:The Voluntarist Lands of Violan
Name: Uh...Violan
Stance On:
Republicanism: Largely against, though some city-states within Violan may have republican systems of government--only on a voluntary basis, however.
Anarchy: For, considering Violan is an anarcho-capitalist society
Totalitarianism: Against
Capitalism: The primary economic system of Violan, greatly loved by the majority of people (though some covenants and city-states such as Reissgard do not practice it and are not forced to).
Communism: Against, with the exception of voluntary communist communities that spring up occasionally.
Socialism: Same as above.
Fascism: Ditto
Monarchy: Against, though some people are almost monarchs in terms of prestige (Professor Bernardo de la Paz's words can heavily influence the nation, for example, but he cannot force anyone to do his bidding).
Abortion: Personal views differ, though the law code expressly legalizes it. A women has a property right to her own body, and just as a property holder has the right to cast off a starving and dying man from his land property--grossly immoral though it may be--a woman can cast a nascent child from her body.
Alcohol: Legal, of course.
Drugs: Legal, though employers have been known to fire employees that abuse them. That is their right, however.
Homosexuality: Their right, of course, though some covenants and voluntary communities may ban it (which is pointless, really, since no homosexual would voluntarily join their community in the first place).
Death Penalty: The legal code focuses on restitution to the victim, and a death penalty is pointless in this. Some city-states and covenants have the death penalty for some crimes. This is currently a hot-button issue on whether or not the overall legal code should retaliate against voluntary communities that deem death for crimes lesser than, say, murder. It will likely end up, as the different defense agencies seek arbitration over the issue, that the covenants have the right to retaliate with lethal force to an extent.
Militaries: Private defense agencies form the military protection of Violan for some, while others mobilize into voluntary militias, while others eschew protection at all. Different strokes for different folks.
Gun Control: It's illegal to deprive someone of his ability to purchase whatever weapon he may like, but different property owners of roads or other land sometimes ban access to their property for people who bring in a certain caliber weapon or higher, or any gun at all.
Religion: Personal issue. There is no state to enforce a religion or not.
Slavery: Another hot-button issue in the nation at the moment. Involuntary slavery is of course outlawed, but a debate is raging whether or not someone can voluntarily sell the rights to his own personage--and to what extent the property rights law will apply to him afterward.
Expansionism: Violently opposed. Any covenant or city-state caught attempting to expand its dominion to those who do not voluntarily accept it will be met with lethal retaliatory force by the rest of the nation. Similarly, any attempt to invade Violan by an outside party altogether would be met with equal force, perhaps including nuclear weapons.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: Up to individuals to decide, though Violan's merchants and capitalists are always seeking new markets, and of course would like to trade in the Empire.
Racial Superiority: Largely opposed, with the exception of some voluntary racial communities.
The Environment: Property rights are enforced for all land, rivers, lakes, beaches, and sea/ocean. Even the air use-rights are enforced--which almost happened back in the 19th century as nations began industrializing but the state usually decided that "progress" could not be inhibited, even if pollution harmed others.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Property--which includes life and liberty as you and no one else owns yourself.
Universal Human Rights: I don't quite understand the question, but property rights are enforced for all save those who voluntarily give them up (such as communists). No one is FORCED to provide for others, though many private charities take care of the less fortunate.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Property--which includes life and liberty as you and no one else owns yourself.
Universal Individual Freedom: Same as "Universal Human rights".
SCIENCE!: HECK YEEEEAH!
Education: Voluntary and totally private. Parents can send children to one of many different private schools or home-school for as long or as little or they like. Child labor, while not outlawed, is discouraged by the fact that many employers will not hire children--partly due to the taboo that still exists and partly because children are often less productive than their older counterparts.
Industry: HECK YEEEEEAH! Business is booming without any government to muck things up.


Given that the nominal government of Violan appears to have a complete lack of authority over the city-states that compose it, and they themselves are of wildly divergent policies and values, I feel it is not even possible to really consider Violan a nation. Rather, it seems to be a loose confederation of independent polities, which themselves range from worthless Communists to decent, upstanding democratic city-states.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:35 pm

Kaledoria wrote:Full Nation Name: The Holy Kaledorian Empire
Name: Kaledoria
*FormSnip*


A terribly anti-democratic state with far too much government meddling in economics, but otherwise decent and level-headed. We would be cautiously open to Kaledoria.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Capisaria wrote:Full Nation Name: The Federation of Capisaria
Name:Capisaria
Stance On:
Republicanism: It values the Corporation's CEOs more than the rest of the people
Anarchy: Horrible, just look at Somalia
Totalitarianism: Bad idea, absolute power corrupts absolutely
Capitalism: Good idea, but never works out
Communism: Good idea, but never works out
Socialism: Nice middle ground, allows for private business, and allows for government protection of the consumer
Fascism: Bad, Hitler anyone?
Monarchy: Old outdated way of government
Abortion: Should be legal, but only within the first 3 months of pregnancy, or until it is looking like a human. (not a bunch of cells)
Alcohol: Legal
Drugs: If you mean prescription, then it needs to be regulated, if illegal, legalize and regulate it, except for meth, heroine, or coke.
Homosexuality: WHats wrong w/ it?
Death Penalty: Only in severe cases, like multiple rapes
Militaries: Definitely needed.
Gun Control: Of course!
Religion: An outdated way, but still needs to be respected
Slavery: wrong!
Expansionism: It's ok, we do it.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: we have just met
Racial Superiority: Wrong, no one is superior, we are all humans
The Environment: save it, without it, what would we do?
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: freedom, kindness, no wrongdoing
Universal Human Rights: of course, it is the way to go
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Being able to choose what you want, not having the gov telling you what to do, with laws excluded
Universal Individual Freedom: Need them
SCIENCE!: AWESOME!
Education: Important
Industry: Important


A Communistic, morally indecisive nation.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Mediterreania wrote:Full Nation Name: The Mutual Anarchy of Mediterreania
Name: Mediterreania
Stance On:
Republicanism: A nice balance of powers.
Anarchy: ANARCHY FTW!
Totalitarianism: Bad.
Capitalism: Neutral.
Communism: Dangerous, and a liability to the anarchist movement.
Socialism: State socialism is bad.
Fascism: EVIL.
Monarchy: A relic of the past.
Abortion: Not popular, but we don't have the power to outlaw anything.
Alcohol: Live and let live.
Drugs: Legal and populat.
Homosexuality: Live and let live.
Death Penalty: The state has no power to take away life.
Militaries: A necessary evil, should be kept in reserve during peacetime.
Gun Control: Bad.
Religion: Live and let live.
Slavery: We are eternally at war with slaveholders.
Expansionism: Bad if it interferes with other people, otherwise OK.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: Seems a little arrogant.
Racial Superiority: Bad and antiquated.
The Environment: Should be preserved, but not at the expense of human life.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Life, liberty, self-ownership and free choice.
Universal Human Rights: As long as life, liberty and antislavery is practiced, it's ok.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: The freedom to choose your personal actions.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: WIN!
Education: Necessary.
Industry: Necessary for a modern society.


A lawless, ungoverned, directionless country.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 pm

Travour wrote:You do not like countries which "restrict civil rights in any way", however you also state that supporting a woman's right to chose is bad. Which is it?


We believe a woman should have every right to choose. She should be able to choose to use contraception, she should be able to choose who to have sexual relations with, she should be allowed to choose whether to give the baby for adoption after it is born. She does not, and cannot in any civilized country, have the right to murder her own child simply because it is out of sight and therefore, to the ignorant and thoughtless, not yet a recognizable person.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm

Kraznya Syn wrote:Full Nation Name:
Name:
*CommunistFilthAndLiesSnip*


Disgusting Communnists.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:00 pm

New Heliopolis wrote:Full Nation Name: The Pharonic Empire of New Heliopolis
Name:New Heliopolis
Stance On:
Republicanism: It gets the people too close to the government, when they should happily serve.
Anarchy: An awful, disorderly mess.
Totalitarianism: Only the natural order of things.
Capitalism: Again, puts too much power in the hands of the people
Communism: God-awfully designed.
Socialism: Why should the worthless be aided?
Fascism: Quite an excellent idea
Monarchy: The best system yet.
Abortion: Only if the child is defective.
Alcohol: Only during leisure hours
Drugs: As long as a citizen's ability to work is uninhibited
Homosexuality: Acceptable
Death Penalty: There's no good reason not to have it.
Militaries: Useful things, to be used for national interest.
Gun Control: Restricted to the military
Religion: The only acceptable religion is the worship of MAAT and SEKHMET.
Slavery: Why not?
Expansionism: When in the interests of the nation...
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: There's nothing wrong with them.
Racial Superiority: If actually based in fact--i.e., stronger species/races versus weaker. Otherwise, it's completely idiotic.
The Environment: To be exploited when necessary. Though conserving resources is generally a good idea for pragmatic reasons.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: They don't exist
Universal Human Rights: See above
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Again, they don't exist.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: An incredible tool.
Education: Having an educated class is important for national development, but that's no reason to give it to everyone.
Industry: All power to it.


Oppressive, eugenicist, anti-democratic, heathenistic, state Communist scum.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
Violan
Attaché
 
Posts: 94
Founded: Feb 14, 2008
Anarchy

Postby Violan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:01 pm

The Steel Fraternity wrote:Given that the nominal government of Violan appears to have a complete lack of authority over the city-states that compose it, and they themselves are of wildly divergent policies and values, I feel it is not even possible to really consider Violan a nation. Rather, it seems to be a loose confederation of independent polities, which themselves range from worthless Communists to decent, upstanding democratic city-states.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity


Actually, Violan doesn't really have a nominal government--I fear I may have confused you on that part. The commonly accepted libertarian law code is a lot like the Xeer of Somalia and the lex mercatoria: a polycentric legal system without a monopolistic institution that determines interpretation. The covenants operate under slightly different systems amongst each other, but the overall law code holds when they deal with those outside their covenant.
Last edited by Violan on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Genomita
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1030
Founded: Aug 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Genomita » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:08 am

The Steel Fraternity wrote:
Travour wrote:You do not like countries which "restrict civil rights in any way", however you also state that supporting a woman's right to chose is bad. Which is it?


We believe a woman should have every right to choose. She should be able to choose to use contraception, she should be able to choose who to have sexual relations with, she should be allowed to choose whether to give the baby for adoption after it is born. She does not, and cannot in any civilized country, have the right to murder her own child simply because it is out of sight and therefore, to the ignorant and thoughtless, not yet a recognizable person.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity


What about women living in countries where the orphanages are as bad or even worse than living on the street ? Take past romania for example. Nicolae Ceauşescu made abortion illegal to create a workforce for his country. Instead he created a nation where many parents were too poor to care for their children, so many children ended up in state-run orphanages where conditions where so bad many of these children died in these orphanages. All because some crazy dictator outlawed abortion.
I use 80BF00 for native Genomitan,4040BF for Standard and BF80000 for Skav

User avatar
Kraznya Syn
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 185
Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraznya Syn » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:49 pm

The Steel Fraternity wrote:
Kraznya Syn wrote:Full Nation Name:
Name:
*CommunistFilthAndLiesSnip*


Disgusting Communnists.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

Oh, like your glorious freedom is any better. That is, if your compulsory consumerist state allows any for the proletariat. Filth and lies, you disgusting fascist scum, you say? What filth and lies?

Iosif Broziny, Comrade Despot Colonel of Kraznya Syn
Viktor Chekov, Minister of Foreign Affairs

User avatar
The Merchant Republics
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8503
Founded: Oct 25, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Merchant Republics » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:50 pm

Full Nation Name: The Most Serene Confederation of the Celestial Union & Merchant Republics
Name: The Celestial Union and Merchant Republics

Stance On:
Republicanism:
The most acceptable form of state authority is that of the collective rule of a republic. Mob rule is always a threat however.
Anarchy:
To often collapses in the power vacuum, voluntary organizations are superior and more capable of protecting the individual and his freedoms.
Totalitarianism:
Totalitarianism is the plain enemy of liberty and individual freedom to be fought where-ever it lives.
Capitalism:
Capitalism is the only sure method of liberating the individual, the only means of his freedom and independence and the only means through which a nation can prosper in freedom. Capitalism is the lifeblood of civilization and the vanguard of all progress of humanity.
Communism:
Communism and other such collectivist political economy schemes represent a vile threat to the prosperity, health and safety of a free nation and it's individual members.
Socialism:
Socialism of the Free Market variety is to be appreciated, however it's rejection of private-held property ultimately condemns it to stagnation.
Fascism:
Fascism is a repulsive philosophy with no redeeming traits, statism at it's worst is fascism. Like totalitarianism to be rejected at every place it is found.
Monarchy:
Monarchy, when constitutionally limited poses no real harm to a free nation, indeed it can prevent many hostile elements of mob rule, however the notion of hierarchy and of being subject to a single ruler should not be considered ideal.
Abortion:
A hotly discussed issue, at the time the national stance is that abortion represents a violation of the right of a foetus to live so long as it does not harm another.
Alcohol:
Alcohol is completely unregulated and legal throughout the Republics, however cultural mores concerning alcohol mean that most citizen are only temperate drinkers, preferring to retain the ability of rational deliberation which is so cherished in our culture.
Drugs:
Much the same as alcohol, drugs are legal and unregulated in most Republics, however cultural values among the Mercator mean that actual consumption of drugs particularly those which inhibit reasoning faculties is almost nil.
Homosexuality:
Every resident of the Celestial Union is free to live as they wish, with whomever they wish, in marriage and civil partnership homosexuals receive the same treatment as heterosexuals.
Death Penalty:
Rarely used, but legal for repeat offenders and particularly heinous crimes, the Republic prefers restorative justice however.
Militaries:
The Voluntary States and Republics of the Celestial Union are primarily responsible for their defence, the Celestial Armed Forces concerning itself with aggressive campaigns and quick response to defensive threats through out the Confederation. Militias made of everyday people are both legal and encouraged, many function as social organizations.
Gun Control:
The Constitution bars the prohibition of firearms (along with all other objects) and expressly states the Right of a person to defend themselves and their property with deadly force, as such no Republic is allowed to ban the sale or ownership of any weapons, most Mercantilians own at least one firearm, many own other weaponry up to and including warships and nuclear weapons, at least 23% carry a weapon on them daily.
Religion:
The majority of the population of the Celestial Union holds some religious belief a large amount consider themselves "devout" however outside of personal philosophy, most Celestials agree that religion has no place in government and support a secular state which allows the individual to practice their own faith and philosophy.
Slavery:
With noted exception to the practice of Indentured Servitude in order to pay off debts accrued (specifically for harm to the victim or his property), the Republics throughly reject the notion of slave ownership, and condemn it's use near universally. No person should be made to work against his will, except to make compensation to the harm they have done to another.
Expansionism:
The Celestial Union is in a state of constant expansion, by a rate of at least one new colony a month, with new planets colonized at least once per two years.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity:
The Republics have not had a great deal of relations with the Skorzenian Empire or Steel Fraternity, however from our understanding they are a very respectable and civilized nation, for which the Republic can rightly admire, though we do not agree with everything, we find ourselves in commendation of you far more the the opposite.
Racial Superiority:
The Celestial Union comprises 9+ different species of Intelligent life, the idea that the Human sub-species have anything at all different between them in comparison to the other races of Xenos is laughable, racism is unheard of. However cultural discrimination does exist, with the Mercantilian and Orinean Cultures both considering themselves vastly superior to the common rabble of the universe, this has nothing to do with species and everything to do with our very proud culture of individual rights.
The Environment:
The environment of the Celestial Union is indescribably diverse and vast, through property rights a great deal of the natural environment is protected and thrives without impeding the natural progression of our intelligent species and colonization, nor unnecessarily deny our use of natural resources and animal life. Outside of our mega-cities and colonies, great swaths of the Republics are heavily forested and provide massive bastions of nature and natural life.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights:
Human rights are a man-made construct, therefore we cannot make one single statement concerning what is and isn't a human right, however we can say that it is widely believed that every person has the right to self-determination of himself and his property as well as the right to defend it.
Universal Human Rights:
We widely reject the notion of human rights as collectivist drivel, man and kind does not have a right to anything but their own freedom, a right they have because freedom is the only thing which exists objectively outside the confines of society. While we support human rights and support states protecting their people we find too often the banner of human rights is lifted high on the banner of theft, violence, slavery and coercion to maintain such false rights as "The Right to A Home","To Food/Water", "To A Job" or"To a Living Wage", ultimately these false rights are demanding "To Be Free of Reality", we thus do not condone them.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms:
Every individual has the freedom to live, think and say as they choose, so long as their actions bring no harm to any other person in direct consequence. Every voluntary association and act is thus a basic freedom, as is the freedom to say whatever one pleases. A person ultimately must have the freedom to live his life as he chooses, with whomever he chooses, doing what so ever he chooses so long as it harms no one else.
Universal Individual Freedom:
The Republics are first and foremost supporters of individual human freedom, and seek to establish the reign of individual liberty across the Universe.
SCIENCE!:
Science is the process by which the objective reality is sought by man of reason, it is therefore to be lauded at every opportunity, never to be censored in the name of protecting sensibilities, for one cannot fake reality. Science finds no greater ally then in the Capitalist system of the Merchant Republics.
Education:
Education is a choice, ultimately, and no amount of coercion can make children learn, however the value of education can not ever be said to be anything less then one of the most necessary elements of a free populace, a cultured civilization and a truly powerful economy, thus education in theories both practical and theoretical are held in the highest regard.
Industry:
Industry is the means in which men bring the objects of their minds into reality, it is creation beautiful and simple, and without that creation and production and innovation, a nation has nothing, industry is the most important element of a prosperous, cultured and civilized society. The Industrialist, like the Scientist is a man of reason, to be celebrated with the highest esteem possible.
Last edited by The Merchant Republics on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your Resident Gentleman and Libertarian; presently living in the People's Republic of China, which is if anyone from the Party asks "The Best and Also Only China".
Christian Libertarian Autarchist: like an Anarchist but with more "Aut".
Social: Authoritarian/Libertarian (-8.55)
Economic: Left/Right (7.55)
We are the premiere of civilization, the beacon of liberty, the font of prosperity and the ever illuminating light of culture in this hellish universe.
In short: Elitist Wicked Cultured Free Market Anarchists living in a Diesel-Deco World.

Now Fearing: Mandarin Lessons from Cantonese teachers.
Factbook (FT)|Art Gallery|Embassy Program

User avatar
New Tesslandia
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tesslandia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Full Nation Name: Armed republic of New Tesslandia
Name: Tesslandia

Stance On:
Republicanism: The best system we've come up with so far
Anarchy: strongly against, Chaos breeds evil
Totalitarianism: Strongly against. While In theory not all that bad. However, in practice power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Capitalism: It works better than anything else in our experience.
Communism: Strongly against, leads to Totalitarianism in practice.
Socialism: See "Communism"
Fascism: See "Communism"
Monarchy: As long as they remain purely a ceremonial body only we don't care.
Abortion: Strongly against.
Alcohol: As long as it doesn't affect your ability to fight, we don't care
Drugs: Highly illegal. We as a people look poorly an dependence upon anything but your teammates.
Homosexuality: An issue we've never faced.
Death Penalty: Used when warranted (treason, murder, rape, ect.)
Militaries: Our entire nation is technically a military (almost all are reserves though)
Gun Control: After basic training, your Battle Rifle is now yours. Citizens are allowed (and even expected) to deal with intruders with their weapons.
Religion: Without it nations will fall. However, the Tesslandian Government does not enforce a particular religion.
Slavery: Strongly against, Machines do the job better, and even if they didn't, the ever present threat of a slave revolt is to much for our people to consider it a good idea.
Expansionism: Depends on the case. In general against it can very easily go wrong, leaving the invades with a very long and costly war. We prefer to colonize unclaimed land and planets, reduces the need to deal with those pesky guerillas.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No real interaction, but a awe-inspiring military powerhouse and potential trade partner.
Racial Superiority: We see no evidence of it. We're a very merit based nation anyway.
The Environment: Sustainability is critical for maximum exploitation, but if the choice is between civil or military need and tree hugging, we go civil all the way.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: The right to live without fear of victimization, annihilation.
Universal Human Rights: see above. As long as you don't go below that level we're cool. But, dip below and we react poorly.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: The freedom to be judged solely by your own merit
Universal Individual Freedom: see above. If rights are not sufficiently upheld, we tend to react poorly, enforced trade sanctions and the like.
SCIENCE!: What sets us apart from rats and rocks.
Education: Of utmost importance. One scientist can cause more destruction then a hundred tanks.
Industry: Again, what sets us apart from base animals. Our industry is designed with sustainability and safety in mind as long as it doesn’t affect long-term productivity.
Train hard fight easy. Train easy fight hard... and die like a dog.
Great Nepal wrote:
FREEaquaticdancelesson wrote:No, we've evolved passed war.

Then I will consider my duty to show you otherwise..

North Defese wrote:The soldier, being a patriot, would spontaniously explode from being touched by filthy foreigners.

User avatar
Sebastianalandia
Minister
 
Posts: 2100
Founded: Mar 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianalandia » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:08 pm

Full Nation Name: The United Socialist States of Sebastianalandia
Name: Sebastianalandia

Stance On:
Republicanism: We are a Republic, a people's republic; we support the cause of the true Res Publica completely.
Anarchy: Anarchists may aid us in the Revolution, but are threats to stability and order and so must be disposed of.
Totalitarianism: The only way to transition to full communism is a total revolution that encompasses evrything.
Capitalism: The evil we seek to purge.
Communism: Our ideology.
Socialism: The general category that our ideology belongs in.
Fascism: Barbaric and irrational, but strong and honourable - unholy allies at best, absolute enemies at worst.
Monarchy: The monarchy was abolished after the Revolution; however, a Bonapartist monarchy for the people is all right.
Abortion: We support it wholeheartedly, and it is sometimes forced.
Alcohol: Restricted heavily.
Drugs: For the most part illegal.
Homosexuality: Perfectly acceptable.
Death Penalty: "A revolution without firing squads is academic."
Militaries: We have one, we are proud of it, and we are not afraid to use it.
Gun Control: Only the organs of the State may wield the means of lethal force (hunting permits excepted).
Religion: An evil blight, an enemy to Reason, a plague to be exterminated.
Slavery: Barbaric and evil, contrary to the principle of Equality.
Expansionism: We will indulge in it, but do not openly endorse it.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No real opinion.
Racial Superiority: Disgusting.
The Environment: It is our duty to protect Nature and expand sustainably.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: The right to know that two plus two is equal to four, as well as Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity.
Universal Human Rights: See above.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Freeedom from want, from fear, from oppression, from idleness, from ignorance.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: Is teh BEST!
Education: Extraordinarily important; to train the mind and dispel ignorance is a noble calling.
Industry: Serves the interests of the State and the People, must be regulated but not stifled.
Soldaten, Kameraden, kämpft alle für Euer Vaterland und die ruhmreiche Revolution, die es verkörpert!
Milites, Amici, decertate pro patria revolutioque pro qua designat!
Cuauhtin, icniuh mochinti, yaotihua moca amointlal ihuan ic mahuizauhqui hualmocuepa ihcac!
Saighdiúirí, Chomrádaithe, troid do dó thír agus an réabhlóid ghlórmhar a léiríonn sé!
Cabinet:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16692&p=1322181#p1322181

COMINTERN, Worker's Pact, Serovskaya Pact, Observer of the SEC, COMCON

The Steel Fraternity wrote:Godless, infanticidal Communists, and avowed enemies of freedom and democracy.

Napalm would be less efficient than nuclear weapons, but much more satisfying.

Sagatagan wrote:[T]hese Leninist dogs ought to be beheaded!

User avatar
New Robotalica
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1131
Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Robotalica » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:13 pm

Full Nation Name: The Grand AI Dictatorship of New Robotalica
Name: New Robotalica

Stance On:
Republicanism: Quite unaccepted here.
Anarchy: :rofl: Ahahahahaha..heheh..Wait? Your serious? Oh F*ck no!
Totalitarianism: Oh, oh yes. Yes yes yes, oh yes.
Capitalism: Hm. So so.
Communism: No...
Socialism: Meh...No....
Fascism: Hm. A small part.
Monarchy: Pathetic! Pathetic Governmental Form!
Abortion: The assembly line does not choos NOT to make more Drones and AI's!
Alcohol: Used in Bombs and Vehicals, Yes. Used for consumption, No.
Drugs: All plants capable of producing them have been burnt, and Drugs are Prohibited, or Death.
Homosexuality: That means the Drone is Defective and must be "Re-Aligned"
Death Penalty: The Only Penalty
Militaries: The Only way to survive on this backwater planet
Gun Control: STRICTLY for authority and Government Officials.
Religion: Atheism.
Slavery: For those who can survive our climate and are not of our species become slaves.
Expansionism: YES, on every aspect, YES
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: The Skorz. Empire: Never heard of. Steel Fraternity: Seems okay, shant be sterilized today!
Racial Superiority: Oh yes, Drones are the dirt, AI's are the sky scrapers.
The Environment: Hm... How to put this... On a hot day its -98 Degrees Celsius, it Rains acid, the Atmosphere is Acidic, and its dark as night 24/7, 365.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Were not human, and Civil Rights and Political Rights Alike are either non existant or miniscule
Universal Human Rights: There are no humans, but there are not even enough to fill an Index Card
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: There are non, you mouth off the government, your made into a Plate of metal for buildings. It goes the same for everything else, and there are no privacies. The Only Freedoms occur in a tiny some within your house, or rare venues
Universal Individual Freedom: None really
SCIENCE!: The Government dictates every project, most being new weapons against humanity, including Improovment on our OB Network and Stellar Warships.
Education: Hardly at all.
Industry: This is where The Government and UltraCorps almost merge. The UltraCorps Own, make and produce everything. The Government only owns them to keep civil wars from sprouting, each corp having their own army. 100% of the Industry Very Highly Pollusive, the industry giving birth to the Enviroment of New Robotalica.
Let me see those hands!
F7's DJ Mixtress, and Clubbin' Gurl!
Just Call me Dani
Married to Hathradic States

A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs.

Watch out for The Necromorphs! They bite. And Stab. And Slash.

User avatar
Olthar
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 59474
Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 am

Full Nation Name: The Corporate Empire of Olthar
Name: Olthar

Stance On:
Republicanism: Republics are pathetically inane.
Anarchy: Anarchy is undeniably horrible.
Totalitarianism: A totalitarian government is just awful.
Capitalism: It's the only smart way to run a country.
Communism: The only thing worse than communism is anarchy.
Socialism: Moronic, 'nuff said.
Fascism: It's a nice idea, though it's almost always executed poorly.
Monarchy: We are obligated to say that monarchy is alright.
Abortion: No opinion; abortion has long since become a non-issue in Olthar.
Alcohol: Horrible waste of time and a drain on productivity.
Drugs: Horrible waste of time and a drain on productivity.
Homosexuality: No opinion; homosexuality has long since become a non-issue in Olthar.
Death Penalty: It should be instituted for every possible crime.
Militaries: A strong military is important.
Gun Control: Civilians should not be able to wield firearms.
Religion: Religion is evil and needs to be exterminated.
Slavery: We don't see a problem with it.
Expansionism: If a country has the means and power to expand, then it has every right to do so.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No opinion.
Racial Superiority: All people are equally pathetic and should be exploited without bias.
The Environment: Meh, fuck it.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: People have no rights unless we say they do.
Universal Human Rights: People have no rights unless we say they do.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Individuality is a disease that hampers productivity.
Universal Individual Freedom: Individuality is a disease that hampers productivity.
SCIENCE!: Science is important and necessary for building a strong nation.
Education: Education is only needed by those who have the ability to make use of it.
Industry: A country is nothing without industry.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:55 pm

The Merchant Republics wrote:Full Nation Name: The Most Serene Confederation of the Celestial Union & Merchant Republics
Name: The Celestial Union and Merchant Republics
Stance On:
Republicanism:
The most acceptable form of state authority is that of the collective rule of a republic. Mob rule is always a threat however.
Anarchy:
To often collapses in the power vacuum, voluntary organizations are superior and more capable of protecting the individual and his freedoms.
Totalitarianism:
Totalitarianism is the plain enemy of liberty and individual freedom to be fought where-ever it lives.
Capitalism:
Capitalism is the only sure method of liberating the individual, the only means of his freedom and independence and the only means through which a nation can prosper in freedom. Capitalism is the lifeblood of civilization and the vanguard of all progress of humanity.
Communism:
Communism and other such collectivist political economy schemes represent a vile threat to the prosperity, health and safety of a free nation and it's individual members.
Socialism:
Socialism of the Free Market variety is to be appreciated, however it's rejection of private-held property ultimately condemns it to stagnation.
Fascism:
Fascism is a repulsive philosophy with no redeeming traits, statism at it's worst is fascism. Like totalitarianism to be rejected at every place it is found.
Monarchy:
Monarchy, when constitutionally limited poses no real harm to a free nation, indeed it can prevent many hostile elements of mob rule, however the notion of hierarchy and of being subject to a single ruler should not be considered ideal.
Abortion:
A hotly discussed issue, at the time the national stance is that abortion represents a violation of the right of a foetus to live so long as it does not harm another.
Alcohol:
Alcohol is completely unregulated and legal throughout the Republics, however cultural mores concerning alcohol mean that most citizen are only temperate drinkers, preferring to retain the ability of rational deliberation which is so cherished in our culture.
Drugs:
Much the same as alcohol, drugs are legal and unregulated in most Republics, however cultural values among the Mercator mean that actual consumption of drugs particularly those which inhibit reasoning faculties is almost nil.
Homosexuality:
Every resident of the Celestial Union is free to live as they wish, with whomever they wish, in marriage and civil partnership homosexuals receive the same treatment as heterosexuals.
Death Penalty:
Rarely used, but legal for repeat offenders and particularly heinous crimes, the Republic prefers restorative justice however.
Militaries:
The Voluntary States and Republics of the Celestial Union are primarily responsible for their defence, the Celestial Armed Forces concerning itself with aggressive campaigns and quick response to defensive threats through out the Confederation. Militias made of everyday people are both legal and encouraged, many function as social organizations.
Gun Control:
The Constitution bars the prohibition of firearms (along with all other objects) and expressly states the Right of a person to defend themselves and their property with deadly force, as such no Republic is allowed to ban the sale or ownership of any weapons, most Mercantilians own at least one firearm, many own other weaponry up to and including warships and nuclear weapons, at least 23% carry a weapon on them daily.
Religion:
The majority of the population of the Celestial Union holds some religious belief a large amount consider themselves "devout" however outside of personal philosophy, most Celestials agree that religion has no place in government and support a secular state which allows the individual to practice their own faith and philosophy.
Slavery:
With noted exception to the practice of Indentured Servitude in order to pay off debts accrued (specifically for harm to the victim or his property), the Republics throughly reject the notion of slave ownership, and condemn it's use near universally. No person should be made to work against his will, except to make compensation to the harm they have done to another.
Expansionism:
The Celestial Union is in a state of constant expansion, by a rate of at least one new colony a month, with new planets colonized at least once per two years.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity:
The Republics have not had a great deal of relations with the Skorzenian Empire or Steel Fraternity, however from our understanding they are a very respectable and civilized nation, for which the Republic can rightly admire, though we do not agree with everything, we find ourselves in commendation of you far more the the opposite.
Racial Superiority:
The Celestial Union comprises 9+ different species of Intelligent life, the idea that the Human sub-species have anything at all different between them in comparison to the other races of Xenos is laughable, racism is unheard of. However cultural discrimination does exist, with the Mercantilian and Orinean Cultures both considering themselves vastly superior to the common rabble of the universe, this has nothing to do with species and everything to do with our very proud culture of individual rights.
The Environment:
The environment of the Celestial Union is indescribably diverse and vast, through property rights a great deal of the natural environment is protected and thrives without impeding the natural progression of our intelligent species and colonization, nor unnecessarily deny our use of natural resources and animal life. Outside of our mega-cities and colonies, great swaths of the Republics are heavily forested and provide massive bastions of nature and natural life.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights:
Human rights are a man-made construct, therefore we cannot make one single statement concerning what is and isn't a human right, however we can say that it is widely believed that every person has the right to self-determination of himself and his property as well as the right to defend it.
Universal Human Rights:
We widely reject the notion of human rights as collectivist drivel, man and kind does not have a right to anything but their own freedom, a right they have because freedom is the only thing which exists objectively outside the confines of society. While we support human rights and support states protecting their people we find too often the banner of human rights is lifted high on the banner of theft, violence, slavery and coercion to maintain such false rights as "The Right to A Home","To Food/Water", "To A Job" or"To a Living Wage", ultimately these false rights are demanding "To Be Free of Reality", we thus do not condone them.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms:
Every individual has the freedom to live, think and say as they choose, so long as their actions bring no harm to any other person in direct consequence. Every voluntary association and act is thus a basic freedom, as is the freedom to say whatever one pleases. A person ultimately must have the freedom to live his life as he chooses, with whomever he chooses, doing what so ever he chooses so long as it harms no one else.
Universal Individual Freedom:
The Republics are first and foremost supporters of individual human freedom, and seek to establish the reign of individual liberty across the Universe.
SCIENCE!:
Science is the process by which the objective reality is sought by man of reason, it is therefore to be lauded at every opportunity, never to be censored in the name of protecting sensibilities, for one cannot fake reality. Science finds no greater ally then in the Capitalist system of the Merchant Republics.
Education:
Education is a choice, ultimately, and no amount of coercion can make children learn, however the value of education can not ever be said to be anything less then one of the most necessary elements of a free populace, a cultured civilization and a truly powerful economy, thus education in theories both practical and theoretical are held in the highest regard.
Industry:
Industry is the means in which men bring the objects of their minds into reality, it is creation beautiful and simple, and without that creation and production and innovation, a nation has nothing, industry is the most important element of a prosperous, cultured and civilized society. The Industrialist, like the Scientist is a man of reason, to be celebrated with the highest esteem possible.


While the Union and Republics seem to have an almost nonexistent, and certainly weak, central government, and apparently insist on giving animals the same rights as humans, they otherwise appear to be a sensible, free, and Democratic nation of Capitalists.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:00 pm

New Tesslandia wrote:Full Nation Name: Armed republic of New Tesslandia
Name: Tesslandia
Stance On:
Republicanism: The best system we've come up with so far
Anarchy: strongly against, Chaos breeds evil
Totalitarianism: Strongly against. While In theory not all that bad. However, in practice power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Capitalism: It works better than anything else in our experience.
Communism: Strongly against, leads to Totalitarianism in practice.
Socialism: See "Communism"
Fascism: See "Communism"
Monarchy: As long as they remain purely a ceremonial body only we don't care.
Abortion: Strongly against.
Alcohol: As long as it doesn't affect your ability to fight, we don't care
Drugs: Highly illegal. We as a people look poorly an dependence upon anything but your teammates.
Homosexuality: An issue we've never faced.
Death Penalty: Used when warranted (treason, murder, rape, ect.)
Militaries: Our entire nation is technically a military (almost all are reserves though)
Gun Control: After basic training, your Battle Rifle is now yours. Citizens are allowed (and even expected) to deal with intruders with their weapons.
Religion: Without it nations will fall. However, the Tesslandian Government does not enforce a particular religion.
Slavery: Strongly against, Machines do the job better, and even if they didn't, the ever present threat of a slave revolt is to much for our people to consider it a good idea.
Expansionism: Depends on the case. In general against it can very easily go wrong, leaving the invades with a very long and costly war. We prefer to colonize unclaimed land and planets, reduces the need to deal with those pesky guerillas.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No real interaction, but a awe-inspiring military powerhouse and potential trade partner.
Racial Superiority: We see no evidence of it. We're a very merit based nation anyway.
The Environment: Sustainability is critical for maximum exploitation, but if the choice is between civil or military need and tree hugging, we go civil all the way.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: The right to live without fear of victimization, annihilation.
Universal Human Rights: see above. As long as you don't go below that level we're cool. But, dip below and we react poorly.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: The freedom to be judged solely by your own merit
Universal Individual Freedom: see above. If rights are not sufficiently upheld, we tend to react poorly, enforced trade sanctions and the like.
SCIENCE!: What sets us apart from rats and rocks.
Education: Of utmost importance. One scientist can cause more destruction then a hundred tanks.
Industry: Again, what sets us apart from base animals. Our industry is designed with sustainability and safety in mind as long as it doesn’t affect long-term productivity.


Though excessively militaristic, Tesslandia appears to be a decent, Capitalist nation. We might be interested in future dealings with them.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fratetniy

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Sebastianalandia wrote:Full Nation Name: The United Socialist States of Sebastianalandia
Name: Sebastianalandia
Stance On:
Republicanism: We are a Republic, a people's republic; we support the cause of the true Res Publica completely.
Anarchy: Anarchists may aid us in the Revolution, but are threats to stability and order and so must be disposed of.
Totalitarianism: The only way to transition to full communism is a total revolution that encompasses evrything.
Capitalism: The evil we seek to purge.
Communism: Our ideology.
Socialism: The general category that our ideology belongs in.
Fascism: Barbaric and irrational, but strong and honourable - unholy allies at best, absolute enemies at worst.
Monarchy: The monarchy was abolished after the Revolution; however, a Bonapartist monarchy for the people is all right.
Abortion: We support it wholeheartedly, and it is sometimes forced.
Alcohol: Restricted heavily.
Drugs: For the most part illegal.
Homosexuality: Perfectly acceptable.
Death Penalty: "A revolution without firing squads is academic."
Militaries: We have one, we are proud of it, and we are not afraid to use it.
Gun Control: Only the organs of the State may wield the means of lethal force (hunting permits excepted).
Religion: An evil blight, an enemy to Reason, a plague to be exterminated.
Slavery: Barbaric and evil, contrary to the principle of Equality.
Expansionism: We will indulge in it, but do not openly endorse it.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No real opinion.
Racial Superiority: Disgusting.
The Environment: It is our duty to protect Nature and expand sustainably.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: The right to know that two plus two is equal to four, as well as Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity.
Universal Human Rights: See above.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Freeedom from want, from fear, from oppression, from idleness, from ignorance.
Universal Individual Freedom: See above.
SCIENCE!: Is teh BEST!
Education: Extraordinarily important; to train the mind and dispel ignorance is a noble calling.
Industry: Serves the interests of the State and the People, must be regulated but not stifled.


Godless, infanticidal Communists, and avowed enemies of freedom and democracy.

Napalm would be less efficient than nuclear weapons, but much more satisfying.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:14 pm

New Robotalica wrote:Full Nation Name: The Grand AI Dictatorship of New Robotalica
Name: New Robotalica
Stance On:
Republicanism: Quite unaccepted here.
Anarchy: :rofl: Ahahahahaha..heheh..Wait? Your serious? Oh F*ck no!
Totalitarianism: Oh, oh yes. Yes yes yes, oh yes.
Capitalism: Hm. So so.
Communism: No...
Socialism: Meh...No....
Fascism: Hm. A small part.
Monarchy: Pathetic! Pathetic Governmental Form!
Abortion: The assembly line does not choos NOT to make more Drones and AI's!
Alcohol: Used in Bombs and Vehicals, Yes. Used for consumption, No.
Drugs: All plants capable of producing them have been burnt, and Drugs are Prohibited, or Death.
Homosexuality: That means the Drone is Defective and must be "Re-Aligned"
Death Penalty: The Only Penalty
Militaries: The Only way to survive on this backwater planet
Gun Control: STRICTLY for authority and Government Officials.
Religion: Atheism.
Slavery: For those who can survive our climate and are not of our species become slaves.
Expansionism: YES, on every aspect, YES
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: The Skorz. Empire: Never heard of. Steel Fraternity: Seems okay, shant be sterilized today!
Racial Superiority: Oh yes, Drones are the dirt, AI's are the sky scrapers.
The Environment: Hm... How to put this... On a hot day its -98 Degrees Celsius, it Rains acid, the Atmosphere is Acidic, and its dark as night 24/7, 365.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Were not human, and Civil Rights and Political Rights Alike are either non existant or miniscule
Universal Human Rights: There are no humans, but there are not even enough to fill an Index Card
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: There are non, you mouth off the government, your made into a Plate of metal for buildings. It goes the same for everything else, and there are no privacies. The Only Freedoms occur in a tiny some within your house, or rare venues
Universal Individual Freedom: None really
SCIENCE!: The Government dictates every project, most being new weapons against humanity, including Improovment on our OB Network and Stellar Warships.
Education: Hardly at all.
Industry: This is where The Government and UltraCorps almost merge. The UltraCorps Own, make and produce everything. The Government only owns them to keep civil wars from sprouting, each corp having their own army. 100% of the Industry Very Highly Pollusive, the industry giving birth to the Enviroment of New Robotalica.


Defective machines. The best course would be to use the military to destroy the most dangerous ones, then scrap the rest.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, Head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
The Steel Fraternity
Diplomat
 
Posts: 515
Founded: Jul 24, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Steel Fraternity » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Olthar wrote:Full Nation Name: The Corporate Empire of Olthar
Name: Olthar
Stance On:
Republicanism: Republics are pathetically inane.
Anarchy: Anarchy is undeniably horrible.
Totalitarianism: A totalitarian government is just awful.
Capitalism: It's the only smart way to run a country.
Communism: The only thing worse than communism is anarchy.
Socialism: Moronic, 'nuff said.
Fascism: It's a nice idea, though it's almost always executed poorly.
Monarchy: We are obligated to say that monarchy is alright.
Abortion: No opinion; abortion has long since become a non-issue in Olthar.
Alcohol: Horrible waste of time and a drain on productivity.
Drugs: Horrible waste of time and a drain on productivity.
Homosexuality: No opinion; homosexuality has long since become a non-issue in Olthar.
Death Penalty: It should be instituted for every possible crime.
Militaries: A strong military is important.
Gun Control: Civilians should not be able to wield firearms.
Religion: Religion is evil and needs to be exterminated.
Slavery: We don't see a problem with it.
Expansionism: If a country has the means and power to expand, then it has every right to do so.
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: No opinion.
Racial Superiority: All people are equally pathetic and should be exploited without bias.
The Environment: Meh, fuck it.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: People have no rights unless we say they do.
Universal Human Rights: People have no rights unless we say they do.
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Individuality is a disease that hampers productivity.
Universal Individual Freedom: Individuality is a disease that hampers productivity.
SCIENCE!: Science is important and necessary for building a strong nation.
Education: Education is only needed by those who have the ability to make use of it.
Industry: A country is nothing without industry.


Oppressive, anti-democratic, closeted Communists. Crush, kill, destroy, et cetera.

--Brother-Scholastic Zachary Lee, head of the Imperial Skorzenian Diplomatic Corp and Elder of the Steel Fraternity

User avatar
Das ganze Europa
Attaché
 
Posts: 67
Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Das ganze Europa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Full Nation Name: The Federation of Das Ganze Europa
Name: Das Ganze Europa

Stance On:
Republicanism: a good start.
Anarchy: Worthless, someone will make a government in it.
Totalitarianism: Outdated idea.
Capitalism: what a nation needs.
Communism: Dream somewhere else.
Socialism: Communism for those weak to call themselves communists.
Fascism: Ethic Groups will rip this apart.
Monarchy: Outdated idea.
Abortion: A womans Right.
Alcohol: Allowed - 16.
Drugs: Allowed - 16.
Homosexuality: Allowed.
Death Penalty: Illegal
Militaries: Needed.
Gun Control: Police and Special Service branches have weapons, citizens need a weapon license to own weapons.
Religion: Many people in europa are non-theist
Slavery: Illegal
Expansionism: Neutral
The Skorzenian Empire and the Steel Fraternity: Could be a useful trading partner at best.
Racial Superiority: Frowned apon.
The Environment: Let some other nations deal with it.
What Constitutes Basic Human Rights: Means to survive, A say in government and how the nation is run.
Universal Human Rights: Ditto
What Constitutes Basic Individual Freedoms: Ditto
Universal Individual Freedom: Ditto
SCIENCE!: Needed for a nation to survive and grow
Education: Needed for a nation to survive and grow
Industry: Almost as important as rights and education.
Last edited by Das ganze Europa on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recent Activity:
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: 3 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.25

Economy & Government Expenditure

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dilyu, Majestic-12 [Bot], Sepura

Advertisement

Remove ads