NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook, Embassies, and Consulates

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Remove ads

User avatar
Equita
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equita » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:06 am

Thank you for this guide.

Does anyone want to read my factbook? I think it looks ok, but something's missing. I don't know.

User avatar
Dangelia
Senator
 
Posts: 3695
Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 pm

How can I resize image? I take images from Photobucket and they're too big.

User avatar
Maltropia
Senior N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6926
Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 pm

Dangelia wrote:How can I resize image? I take images from Photobucket and they're too big.

Copy the images to a programme like paint and resize them, then reupload.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING / [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t?). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I'm a Roleplay Mentor, specialising in GE&T. Please TG me if you have any questions.

User avatar
Dangelia
Senator
 
Posts: 3695
Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Maltropia wrote:
Dangelia wrote:How can I resize image? I take images from Photobucket and they're too big.

Copy the images to a programme like paint and resize them, then reupload.

I'm on an iPad.

User avatar
Maltropia
Senior N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6926
Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maltropia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:59 pm

Dangelia wrote:
Maltropia wrote:Copy the images to a programme like paint and resize them, then reupload.

I'm on an iPad.

Not a lot you can do, then.

EDIT: Though you could always ask someone else to reupload them, I guess?
Last edited by Maltropia on Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING / [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t?). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I'm a Roleplay Mentor, specialising in GE&T. Please TG me if you have any questions.

User avatar
Britanno
Minister
 
Posts: 2992
Founded: Apr 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Britanno » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Dangelia wrote:
Maltropia wrote:Copy the images to a programme like paint and resize them, then reupload.

I'm on an iPad.


Use this then. I play on iPad too.
NSGS Liberal Democrats - The Centrist Alternative
British, male, heterosexual, aged 26, liberal conservative, unitarian universalist
Pro: marriage equality, polygamy, abortion up to viability, UK Lib Dems, US Democrats
Anti: discrimination, euroscepticism, UKIP, immigrant bashing, UK Labour, US Republicans
British Home Counties wrote:
Alyakia wrote:our nations greatest achievement is slowly but surely being destroyed
America is doing fine atm

User avatar
Dangelia
Senator
 
Posts: 3695
Founded: Jul 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Dangelia » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:14 pm

Britanno wrote:
Dangelia wrote:I'm on an iPad.


Use this then. I play on iPad too.

Thanx

User avatar
The Soodean Imperium
Senator
 
Posts: 4854
Founded: May 10, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Soodean Imperium » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Dangelia wrote:
Britanno wrote:
Use this then. I play on iPad too.

Thanx

For the record, Photobucket also has a resize function. When the image is selected, the "Media Options" menu box in the bottom right has an "edit" link. Click it, and you can adjust size, orientation, brightness, and a few other things. You can even save the edited image separately from the old version.

Though, it could be that the mobile version of Photobucket works differently. I'm on a laptop, I wouldn't know.
Last harmonized by Hu Jintao on Sat Mar 4, 2006 2:33pm, harmonized 8 times in total.


"In short, when we hastily attribute to aesthetic and inherited faculties the artistic nature of Athenian civilization, we are almost proceeding as did men in the Middle Ages, when fire was explained by phlogiston and the effects of opium by its soporific powers." --Emile Durkheim, 1895
Come join Septentrion!
ICly, this nation is now known as the Socialist Republic of Menghe (대멩 사회주의 궁화국, 大孟社會主義共和國). You can still call me Soode in OOC.

User avatar
Mushet
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16819
Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Mushet » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:41 pm

What is this Human development index NS version?
Add me on Steam

C4SS Unsettling America

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

User avatar
Equita
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equita » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:14 am

Mushet wrote:What is this Human development index NS version?

You can find this stat under "Analysis" on your nation page.

User avatar
Nigcaragrua
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Aug 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Nigcaragrua » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:07 pm

need some guidance in bulid of embassy program

User avatar
The Norgan Alliance
Minister
 
Posts: 3152
Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Norgan Alliance » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Good job, this was very helpful in making a clean factbook.
Call me Norga and I'll give you a cookie
|No Left Turn|
"When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons." ~ Principle Scudworth, 2003
The Liberated Territories wrote:Ancestry: Murican
Ethnicity: Murican
Race: Murican

Murica

User avatar
Epoch Galmorra
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Epoch Galmorra » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 pm

I have enjoyed using your wiki style for my new Factbook entries. I have only one question...when I click on the URL in the floatleft box, it does not send me to that part of the factbook wiki. Instead, it sends me to 'Nation not Found'. Am I doing something wrong? Or is that how its supposed to go? How do I set it so you DO jump to that segment of the wiki?

If someone could help me fix this, it would be much appreciated. Again, love these Wiki Factbooks ^_^

Factbook Link

The Cavalry Household of the High King of Kelt Mōr
[hr]

The Cavalry Household of House Gregor, as Ard Righ (High King) of Kelt Mōr, comprised the Empire's premier military branch.

Description of the Cavalry Household

Active: May 19, 1649 - present (364 years)
Country: Commonwealth of Prydein
Allegiance: Clann Gregor
Type: Army
Role:
Size:
Part of: Military Household
Headquarters:
Motto:
Colours:
March:
Mascot:
[hr]

Command Structure
- Magister Militum / Master of the Military:
- Magister Equitum / Master of the Cavalry:
- Marechal de Prydein / Marshal of Kelt Mōr:
- Sergeant Major of Cavalry Command:
[hr]

Insignia
- Crest:
- Flag:

Contents
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ori]1. Origins of Cavalry Command under House Gregor[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Org]2. Organization of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Reg]2.1. Regiment[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Squ]2.2. Squadron[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Com]2.3. Company[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Qua]3. Quality of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hor]4.4. Horses of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hea]5. Cavalerie de Reserve / Reserve Cavalry (Heavy)[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Car]5.1. Carabiniers a Cheval / Horse Carabiners[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gen]5.2. Gendarmerie d'Elite / Elite Gendarmes[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gre]5.3. Grenadiers a Cheval / Horse Grenadiers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cui]5.4. Cuirasiers / Cuirassiers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Med]6. Cavalerie de Ligne / Line Cavalry (Medium)[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Dra]6.1. Dragons / Dragoons[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Che]6.2. Cheveau Legers Lanciers / Light Horse Lancers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Lig]7. Cavalerie Legere / Light Cavalry[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cha]7.1. Chasseurs a Cheval / Mounted Hunters[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hus]7.2. Hussards / Hussars[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gar]7.3. Garde d'Honneur / Honour Guard[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ecl]7.4. Eclaireurs a Cheval / Cavalry Scouts[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Mam]7.5. Mamelukes[/url]


1. Origins of Cavalry Command under House Gregor

The proper deployment of cavalry, engaged at the optimum timing, influences a battle out of all proportion to its size. It can also be used for duties involving reconnaissance and pursuit. Cavalry screens make it possible to deny opponents the capacity to gather intelligence on a Kelt Mōr army, it's location and size.

When House Gregor inherited rule over the Commonwealth of Great Britain, British cavalry could claim eleven Regiments of Horse, as well as one of Dragoons. Seeking to increase the strength of what he saw as a critical striking force, Ard Righ Gregor ordered a general survey of possible future cavalry assets. The duty of breeding new stocks of cavalry-grade horses was entrusted to the Assmebly of Clanns, while the Ard Righ personally took command of the Branch of Horse (later renamed Cavalry Command). It was also mandated that cavalry was to ammount for 1/6 of the Branch of Foot (later renamed Infantry Command).

2. Organization of Cavalry Command

The Branch of Horse, and its successor Cavalry Command, quickly established regulations for organizing the Impireacht's Cavalry Establishment. Ordinances for the speed of the horses, depth of formation, tactical formations, and such manuevers.

Regiments of Horse / Cavalry Regiments are organized into smaller units like Squadrons and Companies, as well as larger formations; two to three Regiments form a Brigade, two to three Brigades form a Division, and two to three Divisions formed a Corps. The total Cavalry Establishment included seventeen Heavy (two Carabiniers, fifteen Cuirassiers), thirty nine Medium (thirty Dragoons, nine Lancers), and forty six Light (thirty one Chasseurs, fifteen Hussars) Regiments.

2.1. Regiment

???????

2.2. Squadron

???????

2.3. Company

???????

3. Quality of Cavalry Command

???????

4. Horses of Cavalry Command

???????

5. Cavalerie Reserve / Reserve Cavalry (Heavy)

5.1. Carabiniers a Cheval / Horse Carabiners

While the youngest formations of the Cavalerie Reserve, the two Regiments of Horse Carabiners are considered the elite of Cavalry Command. Drafted from the best troopers of the regular Cuirassier Regiments, and mounted on the most well bred horses, commissions in the Carabiniers a Cheval are greatly competed over by both top of class cadets as well as seasoned officers. The Horse Carabiners have served in every major campaign, displaying their penchant for bravery in victories both in Europe and abroad.

Along with the Elite Gendarmes Regiment, the two Regiments of Horse Carabiners form the 1st (Guards) Brigade of the 1st Heavy Cavalry Division. Like the Gendarmes d'Elite, the Carabiniers a Cheval received higher pay than other units of Cavalry Command. Whereas the entire 1st (Guards) Brigade drew household guard duty at Inchtuthil Palace, the Carabiners also travelled with the Ard Righ while on campaign.

Men.The Ard Righ ordered that troopers for the Horse Carabiners must always be chosen from seasoned and reliable soldiers. Height and strength was always to be major factors in the selection process. Cavalry Command always made sure to keep the lower Cuirassier Regiments at average strength while drawing on personnel for the Carabiniers a Cheval. As for officers, most were chosen from the best of the Heavy Cavalry officer corps, while slots were always open for the most promising cavalry cadets.

Horses.Sometimes to the expense of the other heavy Regiments, the Horse Carabiners always rode on big black horses, with their trumpeters mounted on grays. Unlike the Cuirassiers, horse quality amongst the Carabiniers a Cheval were always of the highest quality.

Weapons.Alone among the Regiments of Cavalry Command, Horse Carabiners were armed with the two-handed Claymore sword. Firearms were at first limited to pistols, but eventually they drew upon stocks of Dragoon muskets.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).Being Regiments of the Imperial Guard, the Horse Carabiners wore a white jacket with red epaulettes edged with white straps, along with red lapels. The collar was white piped red, the turnbacks red with white grenades, and cuffs were of the Regimental Colour (1st Imperial Purple, 2nd Royal Blue).

Black fur caps, taller than either those of the Elite Gendarmes or the Cuirassiers, bore white cords and red plumes. These cords and plumes were removed whilst on campaign. Cross belts were of buff edged white. Horse Carabiners wore white gauntlet gloves, buff breeches and high black boots. The saddlecloth was dark blue piped white, with white grenades. The sheepskin was white edged red.

Trumpeters wore reversed colors, a coat of the Regimental Colour with a white collar, lapels and turnbacks. Cuffs edged with the Regimental Colour and gold cuff links, with epaulettes of white and th Regimental Colour.

Uniforms (1749 - ).To celebrate the Impireacht's Centennial, the bearskin caps were replaced with yellow copper helmets, with iron chinstrap scales and a headband with the Imperial crest in front. The helmet also bore a scarlet comb to differentiate it further from those of the Cuirassiers. Horse Carabiniers were issued iron cuirasses covered in a sheet of brass.

Campaigns.TBD

5.2. Gendarmerie d'Elite / Elite Gendarmes

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

B.

C.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

5.3. Grenadiers a Cheval / Horse Grenadiers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

B.

C.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

5.4. Cuirasiers / Cuirassiers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6. Cavalerie de Ligne / Cavalry of the Line (Medium)

6.1. Dragons / Dragoons

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6.2. Cheveau Legers Lanciers / Light Horse Lancers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6. Cavalerie Legere / Light Cavalry (Light)

7.1. Chasseurs a Cheval / Mounted Hunters

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.2. Hussards / Hussars

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.3. Garde d'Honneur / Honour Guard

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.4. Eclaireurs a Cheval / Cavalry Scouts

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.5. Mamelukes

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD
Last edited by Epoch Galmorra on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Daskoxian
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1062
Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Daskoxian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:35 pm

Epoch Galmorra wrote:I have enjoyed using your wiki style for my new Factbook entries. I have only one question...when I click on the URL in the floatleft box, it does not send me to that part of the factbook wiki. Instead, it sends me to 'Nation not Found'. Am I doing something wrong? Or is that how its supposed to go? How do I set it so you DO jump to that segment of the wiki?

If someone could help me fix this, it would be much appreciated. Again, love these Wiki Factbooks ^_^

Factbook Link

The Cavalry Household of the High King of Kelt Mōr
[hr]

The Cavalry Household of House Gregor, as Ard Righ (High King) of Kelt Mōr, comprised the Empire's premier military branch.

Description of the Cavalry Household

Active: May 19, 1649 - present (364 years)
Country: Commonwealth of Prydein
Allegiance: Clann Gregor
Type: Army
Role:
Size:
Part of: Military Household
Headquarters:
Motto:
Colours:
March:
Mascot:
[hr]

Command Structure
- Magister Militum / Master of the Military:
- Magister Equitum / Master of the Cavalry:
- Marechal de Prydein / Marshal of Kelt Mōr:
- Sergeant Major of Cavalry Command:
[hr]

Insignia
- Crest:
- Flag:

Contents
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ori]1. Origins of Cavalry Command under House Gregor[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Org]2. Organization of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Reg]2.1. Regiment[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Squ]2.2. Squadron[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Com]2.3. Company[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Qua]3. Quality of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hor]4.4. Horses of Cavalry Command[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hea]5. Cavalerie de Reserve / Reserve Cavalry (Heavy)[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Car]5.1. Carabiniers a Cheval / Horse Carabiners[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gen]5.2. Gendarmerie d'Elite / Elite Gendarmes[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gre]5.3. Grenadiers a Cheval / Horse Grenadiers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cui]5.4. Cuirasiers / Cuirassiers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Med]6. Cavalerie de Ligne / Line Cavalry (Medium)[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Dra]6.1. Dragons / Dragoons[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Che]6.2. Cheveau Legers Lanciers / Light Horse Lancers[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Lig]7. Cavalerie Legere / Light Cavalry[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Cha]7.1. Chasseurs a Cheval / Mounted Hunters[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Hus]7.2. Hussards / Hussars[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Gar]7.3. Garde d'Honneur / Honour Guard[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Ecl]7.4. Eclaireurs a Cheval / Cavalry Scouts[/url]
[url=INSERT-FACTBOOK-URL#Mam]7.5. Mamelukes[/url]


1. Origins of Cavalry Command under House Gregor

The proper deployment of cavalry, engaged at the optimum timing, influences a battle out of all proportion to its size. It can also be used for duties involving reconnaissance and pursuit. Cavalry screens make it possible to deny opponents the capacity to gather intelligence on a Kelt Mōr army, it's location and size.

When House Gregor inherited rule over the Commonwealth of Great Britain, British cavalry could claim eleven Regiments of Horse, as well as one of Dragoons. Seeking to increase the strength of what he saw as a critical striking force, Ard Righ Gregor ordered a general survey of possible future cavalry assets. The duty of breeding new stocks of cavalry-grade horses was entrusted to the Assmebly of Clanns, while the Ard Righ personally took command of the Branch of Horse (later renamed Cavalry Command). It was also mandated that cavalry was to ammount for 1/6 of the Branch of Foot (later renamed Infantry Command).

2. Organization of Cavalry Command

The Branch of Horse, and its successor Cavalry Command, quickly established regulations for organizing the Impireacht's Cavalry Establishment. Ordinances for the speed of the horses, depth of formation, tactical formations, and such manuevers.

Regiments of Horse / Cavalry Regiments are organized into smaller units like Squadrons and Companies, as well as larger formations; two to three Regiments form a Brigade, two to three Brigades form a Division, and two to three Divisions formed a Corps. The total Cavalry Establishment included seventeen Heavy (two Carabiniers, fifteen Cuirassiers), thirty nine Medium (thirty Dragoons, nine Lancers), and forty six Light (thirty one Chasseurs, fifteen Hussars) Regiments.

2.1. Regiment

???????

2.2. Squadron

???????

2.3. Company

???????

3. Quality of Cavalry Command

???????

4. Horses of Cavalry Command

???????

5. Cavalerie Reserve / Reserve Cavalry (Heavy)

5.1. Carabiniers a Cheval / Horse Carabiners

While the youngest formations of the Cavalerie Reserve, the two Regiments of Horse Carabiners are considered the elite of Cavalry Command. Drafted from the best troopers of the regular Cuirassier Regiments, and mounted on the most well bred horses, commissions in the Carabiniers a Cheval are greatly competed over by both top of class cadets as well as seasoned officers. The Horse Carabiners have served in every major campaign, displaying their penchant for bravery in victories both in Europe and abroad.

Along with the Elite Gendarmes Regiment, the two Regiments of Horse Carabiners form the 1st (Guards) Brigade of the 1st Heavy Cavalry Division. Like the Gendarmes d'Elite, the Carabiniers a Cheval received higher pay than other units of Cavalry Command. Whereas the entire 1st (Guards) Brigade drew household guard duty at Inchtuthil Palace, the Carabiners also travelled with the Ard Righ while on campaign.

Men.The Ard Righ ordered that troopers for the Horse Carabiners must always be chosen from seasoned and reliable soldiers. Height and strength was always to be major factors in the selection process. Cavalry Command always made sure to keep the lower Cuirassier Regiments at average strength while drawing on personnel for the Carabiniers a Cheval. As for officers, most were chosen from the best of the Heavy Cavalry officer corps, while slots were always open for the most promising cavalry cadets.

Horses.Sometimes to the expense of the other heavy Regiments, the Horse Carabiners always rode on big black horses, with their trumpeters mounted on grays. Unlike the Cuirassiers, horse quality amongst the Carabiniers a Cheval were always of the highest quality.

Weapons.Alone among the Regiments of Cavalry Command, Horse Carabiners were armed with the two-handed Claymore sword. Firearms were at first limited to pistols, but eventually they drew upon stocks of Dragoon muskets.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).Being Regiments of the Imperial Guard, the Horse Carabiners wore a white jacket with red epaulettes edged with white straps, along with red lapels. The collar was white piped red, the turnbacks red with white grenades, and cuffs were of the Regimental Colour (1st Imperial Purple, 2nd Royal Blue).

Black fur caps, taller than either those of the Elite Gendarmes or the Cuirassiers, bore white cords and red plumes. These cords and plumes were removed whilst on campaign. Cross belts were of buff edged white. Horse Carabiners wore white gauntlet gloves, buff breeches and high black boots. The saddlecloth was dark blue piped white, with white grenades. The sheepskin was white edged red.

Trumpeters wore reversed colors, a coat of the Regimental Colour with a white collar, lapels and turnbacks. Cuffs edged with the Regimental Colour and gold cuff links, with epaulettes of white and th Regimental Colour.

Uniforms (1749 - ).To celebrate the Impireacht's Centennial, the bearskin caps were replaced with yellow copper helmets, with iron chinstrap scales and a headband with the Imperial crest in front. The helmet also bore a scarlet comb to differentiate it further from those of the Cuirassiers. Horse Carabiniers were issued iron cuirasses covered in a sheet of brass.

Campaigns.TBD

5.2. Gendarmerie d'Elite / Elite Gendarmes

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

B.

C.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

5.3. Grenadiers a Cheval / Horse Grenadiers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

B.

C.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

5.4. Cuirasiers / Cuirassiers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6. Cavalerie de Ligne / Cavalry of the Line (Medium)

6.1. Dragons / Dragoons

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6.2. Cheveau Legers Lanciers / Light Horse Lancers

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

6. Cavalerie Legere / Light Cavalry (Light)

7.1. Chasseurs a Cheval / Mounted Hunters

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.2. Hussards / Hussars

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.3. Garde d'Honneur / Honour Guard

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.4. Eclaireurs a Cheval / Cavalry Scouts

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

7.5. Mamelukes

A.

B.

Men.A.

Horses.A.

Weapons.A.

Uniforms (1658 - 1749).A.

Uniforms (1749 - ).A.

Campaigns.TBD

Maybe put the URL in the URL tags?

User avatar
HopNation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 599
Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 am

This has been a great help. Only had time to start on my sports section HopNation Champions League. I added in some "top" buttons for navigation as well (a home button).

Code: Select all
[size=50][url=http://www.nationstates.net/{yourpagedatahere}#top]top[/url][/size]


with a blank anchor at the very top of the page.
Code: Select all
[anchor=top][/anchor]


still a work in progress......but probably always will be.




I also noticed someone asking or having issues with a table and it leaving a large space between the heading and the text, where it puts the table under a {floatright} box. I believe this is because tables span the width of the page, not allowing it to float, thus it will shift down as far as your float box does.....

I think this was it:
Alahana wrote:


not the greatest with coding to know if there is a way to set a tables width either...so this isn't much help, rather just an explanation of what is happening.





Let me know how mine looks so far as well, I'll be working on other pages and probably a main factbook in the near future. Factbook
Last edited by HopNation on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sinovet
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11795
Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sinovet » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Do you have any quick tips for Embassy pages in general, not wiki style?

User avatar
Port Kokosovy
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Aug 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Kokosovy » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 am

Thank for Information.The information is very helpful
Last edited by Port Kokosovy on Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
HopNation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 599
Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:23 pm

Is there a way to have a link which will update automatically based on it's source? well....I know the answer would theoretically be yes, based on if the source link changes then the output of the display link would then change.

But I'm wondering if there is a code to insert a nations motto, where you go in and change your motto under the 'settings' page and it would update on the 'Factbook' page.
for example*:
Code: Select all
[b]Motto:[/b] [url={               }][/url]
or the one I'd really like to use would be linked to the national population which would be input here:
Code: Select all
[b]Population:[/b] {       }
[b]-Density: [/b]
[hr]

then update daily as NS updates a nations population.

other areas of possibility (I'm sure there are more too): Category, Civil Rights, Economy, Political Freedoms, National Analysis (insert category), Regional Influence, or other areas where you enter something in on the 'Settings' page (ie, National Religion, Capital City, Leader, and Motto).



*{ } would be where the link or reference goes

might not be the right place to ask, but would fit into the template nicely if someone knows how to do it ;)
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

User avatar
HopNation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 599
Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Sinovet wrote:Do you have any quick tips for Embassy pages in general, not wiki style?


Is this what your looking for? Guide to Creating Factbooks, Embassies, and Consulates (second post starts the Embassy part)

or the third post on this thread looks like the same post about Embassys (or relatively the same post if it's not exactly the same).
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

User avatar
Maltropia
Senior N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6926
Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maltropia » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 pm

HopNation wrote:Is there a way to have a link which will update automatically based on it's source? well....I know the answer would theoretically be yes, based on if the source link changes then the output of the display link would then change.

But I'm wondering if there is a code to insert a nations motto, where you go in and change your motto under the 'settings' page and it would update on the 'Factbook' page.

In short? No, I don't believe there is. It would be cool to have, but since Factbooks use BBCode rather than HTML I don't think there's any way to set it to auto-update. NSTracker plucks its info straight from the API and gives you tables like this one, but I don't believe there's anything for specific sections of it.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING / [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t?). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I'm a Roleplay Mentor, specialising in GE&T. Please TG me if you have any questions.

User avatar
Maltropia
Senior N&I RP Mentor
 
Posts: 6926
Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maltropia » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

The United Regions wrote:looking for strong diplomatic alliances with contries that have diplomatic beliefs send me a telegram with this filled out

You'd probably be better off setting up an embassy thread than asking here, seeing as this is a guide first and foremost. Those threads tend to be quite popular anyway, so you should get enough replies that way.

MODEDIT: The post that was the subject of this comment has been split from this advice thread. Interested parties should click on the word "wrote" in the quote.
Last edited by Ardchoille on Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING / [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t?). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I'm a Roleplay Mentor, specialising in GE&T. Please TG me if you have any questions.

User avatar
Abatael
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6608
Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abatael » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:24 am

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=abat ... ok/id=main

Here's my fact book. I didn't use this guide to make it, but it did inspire me to revise it to include things about my economy and demographics and so on.

I would say, this dispatch is the best dispatch here. :P
Last edited by Abatael on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMPERIVM·NOVVM·VENOLIÆ.
PAX·PER·BELLVM.
ROMVLVS·AVRELIVS·SECVNDVS.
DEVS·VENOLIAM·BENEDICAT.

Second Best Factbook (UNDERGOING MAJOR REVISIONS)| Factbook Rankings | Embassy Program

User avatar
HopNation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 599
Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:13 am

Ponderosa wrote:6) Go to each section of your factbook and add [anchor] tags to each section’s title. [anchor=] will allow you to link each section to the table of contents. For example, to link to the table of contents above, use the code below.

Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Ety]Etymology[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Hist]History[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Geo]Geography[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]


If your looking at not having the hover glow and underline (like a hyperlink) on your anchors you can simply remove your content anchor text from inside the anchor. Your original [ url ] [ /url ] tags would stay the same as OP, this just modifies how the destination of the url link looks.

like this
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Ety][/anchor]Etymology[/size][/u][/b]


original gives you this mouse hover effect.

second gives you no mouse hover effect.

Which imo looks better when there is no actual link for the mouse hover event. My Factbook uses this if you want to see it in full (though it is still a work in progress, so lots of blank sections.... :blush: ).
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

User avatar
Ponderosa
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1564
Founded: Feb 10, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ponderosa » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:48 am

HopNation wrote:
Ponderosa wrote:6) Go to each section of your factbook and add [anchor] tags to each section’s title. [anchor=] will allow you to link each section to the table of contents. For example, to link to the table of contents above, use the code below.

Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Ety]Etymology[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Hist]History[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Geo]Geography[/anchor][/size][/u][/b]


If your looking at not having the hover glow and underline (like a hyperlink) on your anchors you can simply remove your content anchor text from inside the anchor. Your original [ url ] [ /url ] tags would stay the same as OP, this just modifies how the destination of the url link looks.

like this
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150][anchor=Ety][/anchor]Etymology[/size][/u][/b]


original gives you this mouse hover effect.

second gives you no mouse hover effect.

Which imo looks better when there is no actual link for the mouse hover event. My Factbook uses this if you want to see it in full (though it is still a work in progress, so lots of blank sections.... :blush: ).


Good idea. I think I'll change the OP to fit that; it looks better.
The Free Republic of Ponderosa
Factbook | Map | Embassy | IIWiki | Wintreath
Guide to a Wiki-Style Factbook | Captions for Banners!
Political Compass | Gameplay Alignment
Capitalist - Social Libertarian - Agnostic Atheist - INTP
Retired WerePenguins wrote:That's the one thing I like about the WA; it allows me to shove my moral compass up your legislative branch, assuming a majority agrees.
Steve Prefontaine wrote:The best pace is a suicide pace, and today is a good day to die.
Christopher Hitchens wrote:Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence.

User avatar
HopNation
Diplomat
 
Posts: 599
Founded: Feb 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby HopNation » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:03 am

I just added in more page navigation at the end of each subject area, is it overkill? or does it look okay (smaller, bigger, color change, spacing or anything else)? it's basically the Content links repeated at the end of each section.....
Note: Once everything is filled in they won't be so close together like Economy and Infrastructure are currently
Factbook

the code in case someone wants to use it:
Code: Select all
[align=center][size=70][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#top]Home[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Ety]Ety[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#His]Hist[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Geo]Geog[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Dem]Demo[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Gov]Gov[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Eco]Econ[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Inf]Infra[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#SnL]S & L[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Med]Media[/url][tab=3][/tab]|[tab=3][/tab][url=http://www.nationstates.net/nation=hopnation/detail=factbook/id=186650#Ref]Ref[/url][/size][/align]

Make sure to update with your page info, or it will link to my page ;)

Edit info: updated the coding to include the [tab] function for better spacing of the links. 3 pixels looked good to me when testing.
Last edited by HopNation on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Collection of National Teams
BOF 54 - Group 7 Winner - Round of 16
World Cup
Qualifying Exits: 67, 68, 69*,71
4th Place (70)
Cup of Harmony
Group Stage Exits: 59
Round of 16 (60), QF (61)
*playoff game
BOI 15 - Champion
World Bowl
Group Stage Exits: XXII*, XXIII, XXV*
Rof16: XXIV,XXVI
*playoff game
World Cup of Hockey
Group Stage Exits: 23, 24, 25, & 27
Rof16: 26

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Cartoonia, Neo Azati, Rhodevus, The Liamese Empire

Remove ads