NATION

PASSWORD

NS Military Realism Consultation Thread #3

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who will OP the next realism consolation thread?

The Akasha Colony
35%
The Kievan People
7%
New Vihenia
4%
Purpelia
5%
Samozaryadnyastan (Para)
28%
Transnapastain
13%
Lamoni
9%

Total votes : 101

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:41 am

Purpelia wrote:
Crookfur wrote:Nah purp what you really need for 30s awesomeness is a pair of 75mm/40mm convertable guns! Like the various 25/75, 44/60,37/76 and 37/47/81mm guns.

basically a medium long 75mm that can accept a barrel insert for a high pressure 40mm.

Thus you cna have apair of 75mms or a pair 40mms and for the ultra lulz make the turret big enough to house the 40mm inserts so they cna be isntalled on the fly!

What's the point of that? If my crew has to dismount and engineer a new gun in they might as well just drive closer for the HE gun to work. Or hell just use that long 75mm.

Yeah thats liekly far more lulz than you want so an over under 40/75 like some of the bofors combos and one Neubaufahrzeug layouts of the would work reasonably well and likely be easier to install and sight in than a side by side (no need to harmonise and elevation differences wouldn't be an issue as both tubes would need different rnage scales on the sights anyway).

That was my original idea actually. I would take the turret of the Neubaufahrzeug and install it on a Panzer IV hull. If you look at various images and blueprints it becomes obvious that the Neubaufahrzeug hull is just a Panzer IV stretched out to fit the smaller turrets. Or maybe the IV is a shortened NBF. The turrets are of almost identical size so they should be theoretically interchangeable.

The rest is just fluff. Like making the turret and hull a bit sloped and stuff.

Really it was just an idea for 1930s nuttiness flavouring as a the end of the day you are mounting 2 reasonably sized 75mm guns... basically you cna have 1 of each calibre so you can do both tank killing and he exploding or you can have 2 of one type if the expected conditions indicate an over abundance of one type of target (yes 2 40mm guns won't make a tank deader and the rest of the twin gun issues apply). The biggest lulz would be to keep the inserts under armour with racks and assembly that allows them to be slid in and out of the gun whilst in action...

It is really just a uber silly idea but very fitting for the 1930s so much so that Crookfur now definetly has at least one 20/30s universal medium tank that has a single combo gun instead of the usual entry from the 6pdr development tree.
The Kingdom of Crookfur
Your ordinary everyday scotiodanavian freedom loving utopia!

And yes I do like big old guns, why do you ask?

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:51 am

I am going for a bit more on the practical side thou...
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:57 am

Purpelia wrote:I am going for a bit more on the practical side thou...

I realised that about halfway through the post when i brought combination guns up...

but i'm at work and need some madness to keep me going.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 am

Crookfur wrote:
Purpelia wrote:I am going for a bit more on the practical side thou...

I realised that about halfway through the post when i brought combination guns up...

Good point. What do you think of the general idea thou? As in, a largish medium tank with a dual gun arrangement that for all intents and purposes is a Neubaufahrzeug turret on a Panzer IV.

Also I know that 4cm guns get obsolete real fast in the 40's. But from what I understand right up until something like 41 most armies still padded their ranks heavily by 30's designs like the BT series or the Panzer II and 38. So it should still perform decently well right?
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Elan Valleys
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elan Valleys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:10 am

Purpelia wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

Good point. What do you think of the general idea thou? As in, a largish medium tank with a dual gun arrangement that for all intents and purposes is a Neubaufahrzeug turret on a Panzer IV.

Also I know that 4cm guns get obsolete real fast in the 40's. But from what I understand right up until something like 41 most armies still padded their ranks heavily by 30's designs like the BT series or the Panzer II and 38. So it should still perform decently well right?

Oh look, a f-off-massive target for our AT guns.

Damn.
I thought ten thousand swords must have leaped from their scabbards to avenge even a look that threatened her with insult. But the age of chivalry is gone. That of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded; and the glory of Europe is extinguished for ever.

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:14 am

Elan Valleys wrote:
Purpelia wrote:Good point. What do you think of the general idea thou? As in, a largish medium tank with a dual gun arrangement that for all intents and purposes is a Neubaufahrzeug turret on a Panzer IV.

Oh look, a f-off-massive target for our AT guns.

Damn.

Why massive? It's about the size of the Panzer IV. People seriously overestimate the size of the NBF. Let me just...
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

Crookfur
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Crookfur » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:21 am

Purpelia wrote:
Crookfur wrote:

It does look pretty nice and to be honest unless a nation actually gets into a stand up fight in the early 40s then thier BT/ickle panzer armies will be not just padding but the main force until the late 40s/early 50s when the lessons from the early to mid 40s conflcits (i.e. the not just ww2s honest conflicts) start perculating and people start to move onto late ww2/immdiate post war tanks i.e. Centurion/T-55 and Patton.
The Kingdom of Crookfur

United Southeast Asian Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby United Southeast Asian Republic » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:35 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question... but does an Iron Dome have the capability of intercepting ballistic missiles about 30 miles away? :P
Civilatian and proud.

"One thing is certain about the USEAR. It's that it's obsessed with pearls." - Me
USEARBALL! :D
Random USEAR quote of the week:
"To protect the environment is smart; To sacrifice for nature is foolish." - Unknown

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:44 am

United Southeast Asian Republic wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question... but does an Iron Dome have the capability of intercepting ballistic missiles about 30 miles away? :P

Never.
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 am

Crookfur wrote:It does look pretty nice and to be honest unless a nation actually gets into a stand up fight in the early 40s then thier BT/ickle panzer armies will be not just padding but the main force until the late 40s/early 50s when the lessons from the early to mid 40s conflcits (i.e. the not just ww2s honest conflicts) start perculating and people start to move onto late ww2/immdiate post war tanks i.e. Centurion/T-55 and Patton.

That's what I thought too. And if things get thought it's an easy job to just install a high powered 75mm on the thing later in the war since the size, turret ring and all that is there.

Related to that. I took two blueprints of the NBF and the Panzer IV and lined them up to scale to show what I mean.
BIG Image
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

WSN7B
Secretary

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby WSN7B » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:07 am

The Republic of Lanos wrote:
Lolzieristan wrote:
Probably substitute the lightest tan for more black, and hell yeah.

Actually...well, now I'm sad that I suck at drawing. Because I really want that.

Ha. I'd keep it the original way and use it regardless because it would work easily. Just have a reversible cover.

Desert MARPAT disappears eerily well in stucco cookie cutter housing complexes in and around suburban Phoenix, AZ; along with all of the low desert areas.

Crye did multicam well, it works reasonably well in a reasonable range of environments, for what that is worth. If that's not worth enough, it works well enough for a large portion of US SpecWar outfits.

All that being said, MARPAT has got to be pretty damn right, or the stuff the Canadians use. There's no reason that a uniform would be developed specifically for ground pounding usage by the Navy that is so heavily based on those two designs.

A Hooloovoo
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby A Hooloovoo » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm

ACU has a purpose. Which is...

Last edited by A Hooloovoo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So long, and thanks for all the fish!

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:10 pm

A Hooloovoo wrote:ACU has a purpose. Which is...

(Image)

At last the perfect camouflage for avoiding work around the house!
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

The Akasha Colony
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Akasha Colony » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:15 pm

The Corparation wrote:
A Hooloovoo wrote:ACU has a purpose. Which is...

(Image)

At last the perfect camouflage for avoiding work around the house!

Provided that house is decorated in a way that would have looked dated in the 1960s.
A colony of the New Free Planets Alliance.
The primary MT nation of this account is the Republic of Carthage.
New Free Planets Alliance (FT)
New Terran Republic (FT)
Republic of Carthage (MT)
World Economic Union (MT)
Kaiserreich Europa Zentral (PT/MT)
Five Republics of Hanalua (FanT)
National Links: Factbook Entry | Embassy Program
Storefronts: Carthaginian Naval Export Authority [MT, Navy]

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Is it possible for a ship around 1500 feet long, 500 feet wide, to have one turret, and one turret only, that had a 60 inch gun, one 60 inch gun, on it? Of course, it should have other turrets of different calibers..

Also, is it possible for a ship, (I made it up), called a Battle Lord class Breaker? It has two 24 inch gun turrets, a cell of 500 missiles, which was real, 200 AAA cannons, a submarine clamp, which also was real, and a landing pad for VTOL?

Keep in mind structural and other modifications would take place with these. Its physically possible, with certain precautions and other things. Just want to get your opinion.
Last edited by Hellraiser-Army on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know when Im godmoding, so tell me pls.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

And help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)
The Savage Nation wrote: thats a godmodd
Hellraiser-Army wrote: No, that's my army
The Emerald Dawn wrote:Jumpin' on the SOURCE-TRAIN!
CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Friend said to me: "You know those toe socks?" "Yes" "Well, what if they made them for hands?" "That's called a glove" "What?!? Where'd they get that idea from? Me?"

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:08 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Is it possible for a ship around 1500 feet long, 500 feet wide

I am not sure how a ship with that ratio would perform to be honest. Plus, there is no way you are putting all of that on such a platform.
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Is it possible for a ship around 1500 feet long, 500 feet wide, to have one turret, and one turret only, that had a 60 inch gun, one 60 inch gun, on it? Of course, it should have other turrets of different calibers..

Also, is it possible for a ship, (I made it up), called a Battle Lord class Breaker? It has two 24 inch gun turrets, a cell of 500 missiles, which was real, 200 AAA cannons, a submarine clamp, which also was real, and a landing pad for VTOL?

Keep in mind structural and other modifications would take place with these. Its physically possible, with certain precautions and other things. Just want to get your opinion.

This is a bad idea.
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Platform?

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

And help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)
CHOO CHOO MUFUKA! We be ridin' the rails, checkin' the trails, you get nothin' and your argument fails!

Friend said to me: "You know those toe socks?" "Yes" "Well, what if they made them for hands?" "That's called a glove" "What?!? Where'd they get that idea from? Me?"

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:19 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Platform?

Structure, object, vehicle...

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Is it possible for a ship around 1500 feet long, 500 feet wide, to have one turret, and one turret only, that had a 60 inch gun, one 60 inch gun, on it? Of course, it should have other turrets of different calibers..

Tac Nuke says hello.
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

The Kievan People
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kievan People » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Hellraiser-Army wrote:Platform?

At what point did this ever seem like a good idea?
RIP
Your Nation's Main Battle Tank (No Mechs)
10/06/2009 - 23/02/2013
Gone but not forgotten
DEUS STATUS: ( X ) VULT ( ) NOT VULT
Leopard 2 IRL
Imperializt Russia wrote:kyiv rn irl

Anemos wrote:<Anemos> thx Kyiv D:
<Anemos> you are the eternal onii-san

Europe, a cool region for cool people. Click to find out more.

Faroslan
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Faroslan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 pm

I don't think its feasable plus in the modern war setting bigger ships generally mean bigger targets and besides naval cannons unless used for amphibious assault support are outdated and missile launchers can be had for cheaper and longer range striking capability IMHO. Why do you think no current fleet in the real world (besides the US sporadicaly) fields the battleship anymore and have for the most part gone to smaller quicker ships.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Yes Im Biop wrote:

Tac Nuke says hello.

NS grade Torpedo.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Missiles.
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Hellraiser-Army
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Hellraiser-Army » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:30 pm

Its going to have large armor and other things, like braces, trusses inside, etc, to accommodate the gun. Its accidentally a god mode on purpose, seeing as it needs large armor to work.

and say hello to the AAA missiles, cannons, and anti missile missiles on board.... you think im that stupid? Of course I will have missiles!

And I have a habit of building torpedo "Grills" Around the ships, like the tanks have today. It stops torpedoes in their path.

and what makes you think I will go to war with a nuke happy nation?
Last edited by Hellraiser-Army on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_[`]_
(-_Q)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information