NATION

PASSWORD

Forum 7's Factbook Contest!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grand Finale!

Poll ended at Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

Overview Category - Zitravgrad – Bureau of the Premier & Office of the Prime Minister | Custom Overview - Policy - NS Stats
7%
History Category - Synne Industries – Sun Never Sets [ACT 2]
10%
Geography Category - Khoronzon – The World
17%
Military Category - Synne Industries – Providence
3%
Leaders Category - Zitravgrad – Kremlin's Dispatch #01 (Part 1/2) - Premier Kazimir I. Miroslavsky
30%
Misc. Category - Surrealist Patagonia – Death of the Patron - The Breakaway States of Patagonia (1976)
33%

Total votes : 30

Western Fardelshufflestein
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:39 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
Voxija wrote:I voted for Synne. Synne consistently makes great factbooks, and this time is no exception. I like how it slowly breaks down near the end.

Val Z, I like how you changed your flag to the Myanmar flag.

In celebration of Burma's Independence Day on 4th of Jan, yes! :3

As much as I don't like the government and its politics, it still is my homeland full of people who loves. ♥

Happy (early) Independence Day!
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:38 pm

With a 9-3, Synne Industries take the win for Both ACTs. Congratulations! :3

Next up, we have:

Wuchu / ShtetWe Are Here | אונז זענען דא
New CarthageaHistory Of New Carthagea

Good luck! ♥

EDIT: Poll added, whoops.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:33 am

With a 6-1, Wuchu takes the win. Congratulations!

And that concludes the History category. Very short, eh? Now then, the very first Geography bracket!

ZitravgradZitravgradian Wastelands: Testament of The Near-End of the World
The Krirken SwarmZravvisk Territories

Good luck! ♥
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:51 pm

With a 4-2, Zitravgrad takes the win. Congratulations! ♥️

And now the end of Geography bracket again, haha! I can see the brackets coming to a conclusion for some of them. Now we have the final three way:

KhoronzonThe World
ElvecticaElvectican Cartography Guild | Political Maps of Etherea
The Krirken SwarmMajor planets of the Swarm

Good luck!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:34 am

This is not a review per so, I'm just rambling on how good these entries are:

I really love this topic of geography, location, map and world, despite... or perhaps because it is the part I am the weakest in and have written nothing for.
> Khoronzon earned my vote this time, with overall aesthetic that does not look jarring and with interesting lorebuilding that comes with it. It helps to paint the picture of the world the nation exists within. The sidebar without line(?) strikes me as a little odd, but whatever works.
> But who am I to deny the amazing graphic works from Elvectica? Even WIP picture looks good, so clean and sleek. The webpage style really works out too. But their entire factbook is composed solely of pictures... so I am more reserved with this one.
> The Krirken Swarm really nails lorebuilding and the format of this factbook does well to deliver the type of information the user is giving. This factbook helps illustrate the details of the Swarm's politics and recent history. My only complaint is that pictures are in different sizes, sometimes radically so.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:40 pm

With a 5-2-3, Khoronzon takes the win. Congratulations, and a good effort from all the players regardless!

And now, we move on to the next bracket and category - the very first military bracket.

GodularWELCOME TO THE MACHINE (military factbook)
BloodshadeBloodshade Difesameija

Good luck! ♥️
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:50 am

With a close 5-7, Bloodshade takes the win! Congratulations! ♥️

Next up, we have:

The Restored Danelaw / Sildorian EmpireThe Sildorian Armed Forces (Sildorian Empire)
Synne IndustriesOzymandias 2, Return of the Ghost Plane

Good luck! :3
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:45 am

Ohh, we have ourselves a tie! 5-5, they will both move to the next round!

Last round for Military, we now have:

The Restored Danelaw / North German RealmThe Alexandretta War (North German Realm)
Synne IndustriesProvidence
Kyoki ChudokuKyoki Chudoku no Kugun (WIP)

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:15 am

Oh sweet Jesus this is my third match with Synne in the same round.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:16 am

The Restored Danelaw wrote:Oh sweet Jesus this is my third match with Synne in the same round.

I mean, your previous bracket ended with a tie, so you have potential just like with the others around here. :hug:
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:37 pm

I voted for North German Realm, since Synne's factbook wasn't really loading for me and I am jealous of The Alexandretta War factbook. I wish I could be that detailed with Voxija's own historical wars.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:41 am

With a close 7-8-1, Synne takes the victory! Congratulations! Great effort from Danelaw and Kyoki, still! :hug:

And now, we move on to the very first Leaders bracket:

Wuchuprofile.html
Kyoki ChudokuKyoki Chudoku Detailed Supreme Overlady of All Reality

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:19 pm

I voted for wuchu, it being the most unique factbook.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:26 am

With a 5-3, Wuchu wins! Congratulations, and a good effort from Kyoki nonetheless! ♥

Next up, we have:

The Krirken SwarmWorld Queen Ki'Kik
BloodshadeCountess Ambrosia von Carstein

Good luck, you two!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:51 am

With a 12-8, Krirken swarm takes the win! Great effort from Bloodshade as well, nonetheless! ♥

Next up, we have:

Western FardelshufflesteinThrough the Rains Part 1
Zitravgrad / DozdchenyThe Spokesperson of the Kramashka Savet

All the best! ^^
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:54 am

Good luck to Zitravgrad/Dozdcheny--your factbooks are always amazing!
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter | Yo, Kenneth Branagh won an Oscar
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Mostly Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh. | A L A S T A I R C E P T I O N
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 27 November 2022 bUt wHy iS tHE rUm gOnE!?

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:59 am

Well that result was unexpected.

Anyhoo, onto the bracket at hand- I've voted for our masked boi because I personally feel that Through the Rains would be better presented as a miscellaneous factbook. In that vein it's both more conventional and more experimental; while it hews to the idea of a leader factbook far more closely it also represents more of an experiment with what a leader factbook can be, whereas Through the Rains is- while a great piece of prose- just a piece of prose. It's about Alastair, but it's not really Alastair, if you know what I mean.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:14 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:Well that result was unexpected.

Anyhoo, onto the bracket at hand- I've voted for our masked boi because I personally feel that Through the Rains would be better presented as a miscellaneous factbook. In that vein it's both more conventional and more experimental; while it hews to the idea of a leader factbook far more closely it also represents more of an experiment with what a leader factbook can be, whereas Through the Rains is- while a great piece of prose- just a piece of prose. It's about Alastair, but it's not really Alastair, if you know what I mean.

I do know what you meme.

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:40 pm

It's me now? Good luck, WF.

Nothing to comment, really. It will be a bit distasteful to write a review when my own factbook is on vote.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:21 pm

With a 3-8, Zitravgrad takes the win! Congratulations, and a great effort from both regardless! Both have merits! :hug:

Next up, we have:

Fallen AlbaliCivil Dictator Amaki Astela nar Suurewie
KhoronzonThe Emperor

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:26 pm

Oh boy.

I meant to say this earlier, but I really wished I could've ended up going against Ambrosia in a later round - I guess this matchup will decide whether that actually matters. I'll just see how this goes, and I wish good luck to Fallen Albali.
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

Fallen Albali
Secretary

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Fallen Albali » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Well if I'm gonna lose to anyone, I'm glad it's to you honey <3
Albali has fallen and the galaxy is cold and dark.
Roulons News Network | Genocide on a galactic scale will never not be funny. | Fluttershy sucks. | You are hot chocolate with water; I am hot chocolate with milk. We are not the same.
IC year is 2044 | Tech level is basically FT with no spaceships | Population is ~12.6 million
NationStates Flag Bracket II - 1st place! | Proud Admiral of the Fuster Cluck Coalition; P5 twice in a row!

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:07 pm

Khoronzon wrote:Oh boy.

I meant to say this earlier, but I really wished I could've ended up going against Ambrosia in a later round - I guess this matchup will decide whether that actually matters. I'll just see how this goes, and I wish good luck to Fallen Albali.

Flattered but losing against Zravv was an honor considering his writing style is about bringing in a sense of morality, growth and guidance to what most would consider as a tyrannical monster on the surface. Ambrosia’s relatively bland compared to that.

In any case, good luck you two.
Last edited by Bloodshade on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Valentine Z wrote:With a 3-8, Zitravgrad takes the win! Congratulations, and a great effort from both regardless! Both have merits! :hug:

Next up, we have:

Fallen AlbaliCivil Dictator Amaki Astela nar Suurewie
KhoronzonThe Emperor

Good luck! ♥

Congrats, Zitravgrad!

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:24 pm

It's gonna be a close one.

Anyways, uh, voted for our tall boi because in my opinion they're roughly about the same in terms of writing and prose and Khoronzon's formatting pulls ahead of Albali's just a tad. Two great factbooks, though. They're both far better than mine.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives