NATION

PASSWORD

Forum 7's Factbook Contest!

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grand Finale!

Poll ended at Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 am

Overview Category - Zitravgrad – Bureau of the Premier & Office of the Prime Minister | Custom Overview - Policy - NS Stats
7%
History Category - Synne Industries – Sun Never Sets [ACT 2]
10%
Geography Category - Khoronzon – The World
17%
Military Category - Synne Industries – Providence
3%
Leaders Category - Zitravgrad – Kremlin's Dispatch #01 (Part 1/2) - Premier Kazimir I. Miroslavsky
30%
Misc. Category - Surrealist Patagonia – Death of the Patron - The Breakaway States of Patagonia (1976)
33%

Total votes : 30

Shtet
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 23, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shtet » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:49 pm

Hey Val, the winners are all barred from editing their respective factbooks until the end of the contest, right?
✡ | Shtet, the Jewish State | שטעט ,די אידישע מדינה | ✡
✡ | Our marching steps ring out: "We are here!" | ✡
A Yiddish nation founded in Europe following the victory over the Nazi hordes.
Shalom tsu Shtet | We Are Here | Our Bubbe | Diplomacy | Ask Bubbe

New Carthagea
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New Carthagea » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:51 pm

Ooh, this one is a close battle so far. 5 v. 6. Interesting...
The Phoenician Kingdom of New Carthagea
Brief Overview | ♛ Government | ♖ People
The Father Has Come:  The Pope has started his 5 day visit to New Carthagea today in Phoenicia. He will meet HM The King later this day, and will address the joint session of the Parliament.
America Leaves Egypt! In a surprising turn of events, US President Biden has announced that he will be ordering the retreat of all American troops from American-occupied Egypt, says will work towards restoration of democracy.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 pm

Shtet wrote:Hey Val, the winners are all barred from editing their respective factbooks until the end of the contest, right?

Oh no, the winners can edit as of now if you want to! That's why I go through all the categories instead of one by one so that Overview winners can edit for now.

It's only when I go for Round 2, then it will take effect again on the "Only edit if you are 3 brackets away" thing. As with the principle, no major changes in terms of design - adding more content, like a paragraph describing the military, or fixing the BBCode, is totally fine. ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm

Synne Industries wins with a 7-9! Congratulations, and a close effort from both contestants! ^^

Next up, we have:

New CarthageaThe Second Carthaginian War - Major Conflict - Ongoing Peace Talks
The Restored Danelaw / Ostsee EmpireHistory of the Baltic Empire (Ostsee Empire)

Good luck! ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 am

Oh Jeez I'm up again, I'd like wish good luck to New Carthagea! your factbook is pretty awesome and deserving of victory!
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:15 am

Restored Danelaw wins with a 4-7! Congratulations, and a great effort from both players! ^^

And this concludes History entries... for now. Winners are free to edit until the next round, which is gonna be a while.

Now onto Geography and Cartography, with the first bracket:

New Carthagea / The Rosary IslesThe States And Duchies Of The Rosary Isles
ZitravgradZitravgradian Wastelands: Testament of The Near-End of the World

Good luck! ♥

----

The next 3 brackets are also closed for editing, with the recent edits from a few days ago being notified of. ^^
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:24 am

Zitravgrad wins, congratulations! Great effort from NC as well, very beautiful factbooks all around. ♥

Next up, we have:

VoxijaMajor Cities and Provinces
The Krirken SwarmZravvisk Territories

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 am

Due to unforeseen circumstances, it has come to my attention that some of your factbooks and dispatches might have gotten botched. Like, really, really hard.

Please check your contest entries ASAP and if any of them got messed up, do let me know, and I will see if I can suspend the contest (not cancel, suspend for a day or two) so that you guys can fix the formatting error. Hopefully, you don't use it to radically change the dispatch so much so that it doesn't look like the original. ^^;
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:06 pm

I was going to continue it, but seriously, please look again.

There are probably more things being botched up now. Like, right now. Here's mine as an example: https://web.archive.org/web/20201105052930/https://www.nationstates.net/nation=valentine_z/detail=factbook/id=701792

I am using Web Archive to preserve its current state - maybe it will be fixed down the line!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 am

All right, I am sorry for the interruption and delay, but we are back on track! I hope everything has more or less been resolved with your formattings! I know I have, without doing anything - my images in a spoiler are back, AND the tables are intact. Hooray for passively waiting! :P

Anyway, Bracket 3!

ElvecticaElvectican Cartography Guild | Political Maps of Etherea
The Krirken SwarmMajor planets of the Swarm

Good luck!

-----

Once again, if your factbooks are botched, please do let me know, and I can certainly try my best to make an exception if I can if it is within the 3-bracket period.

EDIT: For the previous bracket, 4-6. The Krirken Swarm wins! Good effort from both, and I really hope that Voxija is not discouraged by this. A defeat does not mean that your factbook is bad; it's a matter of relativity and preference. I will be sure to run Honourable Mentions and you can nominate yourself (within limits), if you want to. More details after all of this is over!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:50 am

The last bracket ended with a 4-4, the very first tie ever! Interesting, indeed.

And now we move to the last Geography Bracket of the first round:

KhoronzonThe World
ZitravgradPopulation and Geography

Good luck! ♥
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:44 am

I voted for Khoronzon, because of content more than formatting.

Please vote, people!
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Not going to comment or vote this time around, so I'll just wish Zitravgrad the best of luck. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Both are good. Khoronzon's is arguably more technically impressive in terms of formatting. However, I voted for Zitravgrad as Khoronzon's appears to fit more in the International category than in the Geography category, and I'm the sort of person who would vote for the Birthday Party just to make a point.

I wish the both of you luck, though, and honestly you both deserve to go on. Unfortunately, that can't be.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:03 am

And that ends with a 8-4! Khoronzon wins! Seriously though, great factbooks from both contestants, and I really do like both equally. Though I have to say that my personal preference was on Zitravgrad's, because I am a sucker for maps.

Moving on, the one that a lot of people have been waiting for, and with a lot of entries! The Military Bracket!

First up, we have:

Cosmic Unity ChurchTechnology developed by the C.U.C
The Restored Danelaw / Sildorian EmpireThe Sildorian Armed Forces (Sildorian Empire)

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:26 am

Voted for Sildorian. CUC's is much-improved from when I saw it last, but I think Sildorian's goes into more detail about the organization's history and organization in a way that feels far more immersive. CUC's has in parts that "military shopping-list" feel.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

Horde of One
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Horde of One » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:29 am

Kiu Ghesik wrote:Voted for Sildorian. CUC's is much-improved from when I saw it last, but I think Sildorian's goes into more detail about the organization's history and organization in a way that feels far more immersive. CUC's has in parts that "military shopping-list" feel.

Will have that in mind when updating the factbook in the future. Thank you all that have voted for my factbook, and congratulations to Danelaw, yours is truly a fantastic factbook!

Edit: Oops, wrong puppet.
Last edited by Horde of One on Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
What could have been.
What may yet be.
Reality depends on perspective.

A collection of three star wars based alternate histories. Very loose adherence to canon, I take the interesting bits and leave the rest.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:56 am

With a 3-8, The Restored Danelaw won! Congratulations, and a great effort from both!

Next up, we have:

DiarcesiaMilitary Vehicle Primer: Apsychia Main Battle Tank
GodularWELCOME TO THE MACHINE (military factbook)

Good luck! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:48 am

Horde of One wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:Voted for Sildorian. CUC's is much-improved from when I saw it last, but I think Sildorian's goes into more detail about the organization's history and organization in a way that feels far more immersive. CUC's has in parts that "military shopping-list" feel.

Will have that in mind when updating the factbook in the future. Thank you all that have voted for my factbook, and congratulations to Danelaw, yours is truly a fantastic factbook!

Edit: Oops, wrong puppet.

This puppet is nice, my guy.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:56 am

With a 4-5, Godular wins! that was a very, very close one, though the vote turnout definitely can be better!

Next up, we have:

Valentine Z / Garden at 6th Mile RoadHolly Starlight – The Sole Defender of this Dimension.
BloodshadeBloodshade Difesameija

All I can say is the best of luck to Bloodshade, and I really do hope that you will win this one! ♥
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:33 am

Good luck and all the best, Val! Obviously won't be voting in this one. Competition looks tough!
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:48 pm

I like Val Z's because it reminds me of a video game.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:51 pm

I'm legally obliged to vote for the Difesa... Difesameija... Difesameijala, there we go, just because of that incredible gunship.

Also I'm just a big fan of the detail and the emphasis on doctrine used, that's something you don't see very much elsewhere. Gives it a nice immersive feel.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:46 am

With a whopping 5-11, Bloodshade takes yet another victory! Congratulations, and that was a very, very nice military factbook. ♥

Next up, we have:
MonteventoDEFENSE | Most Serene Republic of Montevento
Synne IndustriesProvidence

All the best!
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Restored Danelaw
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Restored Danelaw » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:50 am

Synne's factbook certainly looks creative enough and it's actually pretty awesome, but Montevento's simply looks both sleeker and more professional. Ignoring the wrong box alignments, it's actually something you'd expect to see in a Wiki page. I don't usually comment on these, but (sorry Synne) Montevento gets my vote this time.
The Danelaw
June 14, 2021
Yorwick Daily: Kingly Heere takes Sanct James. Nahowland gives up the Crig in Miscitoland after nearly half a year of fighting. | Spanning breaks out between the Gemeanwealth and China when HMS Siegfried sinks down 3 Chineish boats wrongfully sailing in Angledanish waters near Eadwardhaven. | OFN's General Forsamling sheds to 'deal with the Crisis in Indey'. Japan, the Danelaw, New England give the Farmers' regearing in Indey a Lastsay until July 1 to give up to the Regearingstrue in Hyderabad "or else." | Gang Shao, China's President comes out ill with a deadly shape of forstanderscrab. Loremen warn that an Eld of Criglords may be forthcoming in China if Shao dies before naming an erfollower.
Creds for the pfp goes to Rein

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives