NATION

PASSWORD

Your opinion on a interesting fact about the AN (II)

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Great-German Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great-German Empire » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Removing the name would have been disrespectful to their ancestor, as well. Keeping it was a nice touch.

Germany has a rather strong gun culture: many returning veterans from the Great War were allowed to keep their arms, and the new colonial Empire became something of a frontier, a place where any sane man would carry weapons as protection. After the events of the Second Great War and the civil discontent of the 1960s and beyond, this only intensified until the present day - a time when over a third of the population is armed and weapons are purpose-made for the civilian market in the millions.

Even more interestingly, most historians agree that if not for the titanic, unlikely victory Germany had pulled off in the Great War, it would have been occupied and its citizens disarmed by force.
IC Name: Empire of Germany
Just your friendly neighborhood Weltmacht. Und Doch Gang | NS Stats are not used. Q&A if you need it!
Pro/Anti, 8Values and other tests: Here
Unapologetic libertarian populist monarchism

Vossische Zeitung: The Chancellor, Baron Hartmann, announced in a rally that he will 'work tirelessly against the formation of a society of control' | Hungary edges out Germany 4-3 in Euro Cup final; Kaiser personally congratulates Hungarians for an 'exceptional' game | According to survey, 73% of Germans oppose an introduction of speed limits on major Autobahns

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Yes, of course, let random idiots carry guns instead of keeping them exclusive for military and police use, what could possibly go wrong? *Ahem* murder *ahem* robbery *ahem* armed conflicts

Despite the nation itself being a mostly happy utopia, eldritch abominations exist in Amenria's universe, ranging from realistic ones like angels, to beings born in RMD's imagination and/or nightmares. One such abominations include Tyson Vector, an American man who supposedly lived in the 50s and died in a government experiment. Decades later, however, he was seen with a TV for a head, its screen showing his face. By "changing the channel" on his head, he can summon nightmarish horrors from the fears of the people he met, and with enough Qi, he could turn off the screen on his head. When he does this, whoever sees it will gradually see their reflection on the blank screen turn into something so grotesque they'll be driven into a murderous and/or suicidal frenzy.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Fylkirate
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fylkirate » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:56 pm

My only comment about this text is that it is the farthest thing from a "happy" "Utopia" for anyone who's not brainwashed.

While Adalwin could be considered a Crusader (due to the fact that he, well, fought in the Great Crusade as a squire of a Frisian Knight), he abandoned the Crusaders 3 years into the crusade, instead joining the Varangian Guard where he hoped to strike on his own and make a name for himself. Upon the conclusion of his service around 4 years later, Adalwin was already as famous -among European and Middle Eastern warriors and royalty- as the Knights and Kings who had participated in the Great Crusade. After the polutasvarf* clause of his Contract had been fulfilled upon the death of Emperor Alexius I in 1026, he was wealthier than any of said Crusader Kings.

Polutasvarf: Basically Varangian Guards had the right to loot the Imperial Palace if the reigning Emperor died while they were in service. As I'm sure y'all know.
The Jomsviking Fylkirate
Fylkja Brynhildr || Overview || Factbooks || Religion || Adalwin of Adalwin's Host
OVERHAUL IN PROGRESS.

Nothing Yet.

Aviz Portugal
Attaché

Founded: Jun 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Aviz Portugal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:36 am

Well, while I'm sure that one of the points of a crusade was to seek redemption, I hope that he uses said wealth for good and noble purposes instead of just hogging it all to himself

Though the Kingdom of Portugal was largely a democratic state since its re-establishment as a fully independent state in 1907, its rulers however went by the title of "Emperor/Empress of Portugal" until 1999 in which the handover of Macau marked the end of the "Portuguese Empire". From that point on, monarchs of Portugal has since reverted to the title of "King/Queen of Portugal".
Last edited by Aviz Portugal on Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Commonwealth Of Aviz Portugal
"Now and forever, United we are greater"
HRM, Isabella II
News Cycle:Comment latest.

No NS Stats Are Used

Mann and Eyre
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mann and Eyre » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:38 am

I’m glad. Calling the Portuguese state an empire leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m glad the Macauans are free from Lisbon now.
Mann and Eyre is largely isolationist and highly suspicious of foreign nations. For this reason it maintains an economic policy resembling autarky and a military policy of armed neutrality. This military policy can be easily imagined by imagining a combination of the Atlantikwall and Switzerland.
Freestanding Riche of Mann and Eyre
By this right I am beholden to none

| The Times | Chinese diplomats expelled in Thedish protest of new HK security law. // American megacorporation Amazon fined for breaching working standards laws. // “What right do Americans have to dictate who we give praise?” Rhetorically asks university professor after university refuses to take down statues of historic figures.

Fictional MT constitutional monarchy inspired by a myriad of cultures and driven by my own beliefs.

“An actual gigachad”
- Ignis States

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:10 am

If it somehow works without keeping the nation technologically stagnant, then good for you. I hope the people are fine with it tho.

Another eldritch abomination that existed is named The Cycle. She's called that because she has so many aliases it's borderline impossible to find out her true name, if she even has one. The Cycle has the ability to seduce men into falling for her, after which she often taunts to the point that he turns suicidal, homicidal, or both, pushing him to kill her by dismemberment.

After being mutilated, The Cycle's body parts can grow into new, full-bodied instances of herself, and with each new "generation", she mutates, changing her appearance to suit different tastes for different men. One thing is consistent with all her clones - a tattoo of a snake swallowing its own tail.

She was thought to have been killed at the era of the PRC, mid 2020s when an antihero gathered pyromancers to burn her and her clones to death. It is unknown whether she remains now.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Zitravgrad
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zitravgrad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:34 am

That sounds like Tomie with extra tattoo but okay.

As opposed to popular beliefs, "Zitravgradian" is not the name of the native ethnicity but rather the citizens of Zitravgrad. That ethnicity is called "Zitravian", and "Zitravgradian" is an invented term created in hope of including all ethnicities in the old Zitravia together. but then again there is not much different since "Zitravgrad" virtually implies that it is "Zitravian city" anyway. Moreover, this name comes out as bizarre because Zitravgrad is a massive country of 4,247,829.51 km2 and 107,343,375 people -- to say that such a large country is "a city" is as strange as it is funny. Its origin was credited to the Provisional Government's speech in 2008: "Think as though as we are people of the same city(...)”

OOC: *coughs* at first I wanted to make a small nation and *coughs* I did some retcons and *coughs* I don't want to make a new NS called Zitravia *coughs*
Last edited by Zitravgrad on Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
❄ ❄ United Federation of Zitravgrad ❄ ❄
PMT/Early FT - Decopunk. Zitravgrad is a crowned republic in a planet somewhere else in the universe. The formerly wartorn nation keeps a facade of normalcy and order while enjoying the societal and cultural decadence that marks the new Roaring Twenties. The paranoid authoritarian government tries its best to uphold order in the face of uncertainty, while its people want nothing more than a breathing space. A deal that works, but maybe not in the long run. | My NS-Related Art | Hehe bad meme as flag
Providenska's Herald: "Publish or Perish" culture contributes to stress in academia | Public Smoking Ban revisited - authority urged to take it more seriously

Free Port of Cristina
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Free Port of Cristina » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:46 am

Someone turned the ethnology of Zitravgraad very confusing for many people.

this one, please?
Last edited by Free Port of Cristina on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help fight against police brutality! (by Sho).

The Free Port of Cristina is a sovereign city-state, country and a microstate. The country is a free economic zone where companies are taxed very lightly to encourage economic activity.

Constitutional Monarchy • Capitalist • Eastern Christian Orthodox • Tech level: MT • Timeline: 2020

(Except for Population and GDP, NS stats are mostly used)

Build your yurt here on Eurth

Marsoslavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsoslavia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:40 pm

She's so lucky because of that she had no brothers.

The year on the Mars lasts 687 days but the Gregorian and Julian calendars are still officialy used to measure the time in days. As a result, in Mars there lasts only three of four seasons in the Earth year.
A nation of Slavic Mars' colonists who escaped from the nuclear apocalypse of Earth. We have not the Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism (and we will never be gay). Our ideology.
The nation doesn't represent my views. It was created for artistic purposes and it's 0% political.
Current year: 2170.

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Sildorian Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:07 pm

I suppose it's strange for you to use Earthly years, etc. when you can use that of Mars. That said, a Standard Rotation System makes some sort of sense, especially in multiplanetary (or god forbid, interstellar) States.
While the Silda are all psionic, their awakening was relatively recently, so outside of telepathy and -to a certain degree- telekinesis, the majority of the theoretical practical uses of their psionic power are still lost on them. One such ability is the Psi-Jump. It is possible that a good enough Pathfinder can use the psionic energy of those aboard their ship to breach into hyperspace without the use of a hyperdrive and deliver his quarry to the target system without using the hyperlane system. The first time such an ability was used by a Silda, it was by a corvette pilot who, certain that he was about to die alongside the rest of his ship swan diving into a Titan's engine, accidentally breached his ship to a neighboring Sildorian system right as he fired his ship's salvo into said engine. Had he breached a second later, only the charred remains of his ship would have survived. As it is, the ship's systems were all fried when a Sildorian Battleship used its tractor beam to tow the corvette into on of its hangar bays.
Sildorian Empire
Space-faring, quasi-xenophobic fanatic materialist humanoids and associates
Overview || Archon | Military | Species
Daily News: IVC Lothal enters battle with new Xadian Flagship the Dreadnought Ronthawa in Galataea. Lothal had destroyed the 3 previous Xadian flagships in battle. | Mugeya fails to crack Wrothgar Prime, forced to retreat to unknown location in Sildorian Space by the Wrothgar Fleet. IVC Pride II to be rerouted to aid in finding and potentially capturing the hostile World Cracker. | New strain of the Frontline Pox breaks out in Nodex Prime, particularly affects the Xuni thralls. Planetary government passes edict to cull Xuni population to fight the disease before it can affect Silda population.

Azka-surhai
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Azka-surhai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:18 pm

Sending the charred remains of an asteroid might be a good strategy against certain enemies, but I see how dangerous that, too, could be. I wonder what it was like when the Awakening first occurred-and in time I can only imagine what such powerful abilities could become.

The White Sun, Nadterwat, is worshipped as a goddess of fertility, vengeance, and protection. However, when she is closest to Is'har, there is usually a long period of disease and blight, believed by her worshippers to be side effects of her cleansing the world of evil with her presence.
.AKALATE OF AZKA-SURHAI.
.ܐܟܝܠـܡ ܐܙܟܐ ܨـܪܗܐـܝ.

Praise the holiest Ur-Akal, the greatest Three Lords. Aştur make us just, Nadterwat make us merciful, Karilşad make us strong.
ܒܛ ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ـܪ ܗܐܒܘܛ, ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ܛـܠܝ܀ ܐܫܛـܪ ܒـܢܝ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܢܐܕܛܪܘܐܛ ܗܐــܛ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܟܐܪـܠܫܐܕ ܙܐܪ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ܀

Bellcon
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2018

Postby Bellcon » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 am

It's an interesting fact that despite of her being a protector, she can be disastrous. We are a secular nation, so we didn't instill religious views in everyone's mind.

Read this.
Last edited by Bellcon on Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Roma and Italia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Roma and Italia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:15 pm

They have advanced A.I already?

See sig
Nation InformationWars Fought Since the 1800'sRoman CommonwealthInteresting Facts
News: Relations with the Trump administration have broken down, Emperor Tiberius has issued a decree for the return of the Imperial standard first gifted to the United States in 1781, retracting his prior recognition of the Presidents legitimacy. | Marcia Nero is awarded the honorific Covidus by the Senate, for her unflinching dedication to the Res Publica, and her "defeat" of the Covid-19 pandemic, which has now become rare in the Empire.

Free Port of Cristina
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Free Port of Cristina » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Armoured personnel carries drastically changed the way they went into battle fields.

--------

Please, comment on this one.

Help fight against police brutality! (by Sho).

The Free Port of Cristina is a sovereign city-state, country and a microstate. The country is a free economic zone where companies are taxed very lightly to encourage economic activity.

Constitutional Monarchy • Capitalist • Eastern Christian Orthodox • Tech level: MT • Timeline: 2020

(Except for Population and GDP, NS stats are mostly used)

Build your yurt here on Eurth

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:31 pm

Wow, we've evolved pass walls of text and into linking dispatches. I don't even know what the fact here is, that Cristina advocates for the protection of individual rights? That's great, keep up the good democratic principles.

The Haudegen Reich has a military kd ratio of 257 ever since their war against the Nacradians.
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:35 pm

"Yeah, godmodding."

*Shouts behind the microphone*

"How's our missiles at Fairbanks going?"

Nacrad could've nuked the Haudegen Reich, but has opted not to, due to allied PoWs captured on their island.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Haudegen Reich
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haudegen Reich » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:41 pm

Nacrad wrote:"Yeah, godmodding."

*Shouts behind the microphone*

"How's our missiles at Fairbanks going?"

Nacrad could've nuked the Haudegen Reich, but has opted not to, due to allied PoWs captured on their island.

/SKIP
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠ ✠
✠ Das Neue Haudegen Reich ✠ | Haudegenwave 3: finale d'trilogy
The Vanguards of Terror; a forgotten Wehrmacht unit turned Arctic Redoubt thirsts for a vengeance and the birthright of a homeland. Since 1945, their honour was loyalty.
"Für Führer und Reich, Rückkehr!" | "For Führer and Reich, Return to the Homeland!"
 = Associated Press - August: [...] Four more Westerners flee to Haudegen, this time from Neo-Nazi Circles in the United States. Experts worried as number of defectors to Haudegen increase  [...] 

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Oh, yeah, did you have 1 casualty? Because if you had 0 of them the K/D is undefined /skip
Last edited by Nacrad on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK

The Empire of Occitania
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Occitania » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:19 pm

Nacrad wrote:Nacrad could've nuked the Haudegen Reich, but has opted not to, due to allied PoWs captured on their island.

Though I have absolutely no knowledge of this conflict (nor am I sure if this is the 'interesting fact' that I am supposed to respond to), nukes are a good way of getting rid of something. If that something isn't particularly well liked, I don't think people are going to miss it all that much. With that in mind, not using those nukes was probably a mistake, regardless of the consequences.

Sança I became Empress of Occitania in 1574, just over a month after her 16th birthday. She is remembered as one of Occitania's greatest monarchs, as despite her age she had already mastered the intrigues of court. During her reign, she also gained fame for her skill as a duelist, as well as for her strategic genius on the battlefield. Her reign was not free of controversy, however, as Sança I was somewhat of a hedonist, and she also possessed a cruel streak and a vicious temper. So great was her temper that she earned the nickname Sança "the Dragon" (Occitan: lo Drac) from her courtiers, although this nickname instead later came to refer not only to her great skill with a sabre and her tendency to lead devastating cuirassier charges from the front, but also to the impact that her presence had on the morale of enemy armies. All across Europe, it was said that Sança I was as ferocious and as cunning as a dragon, and that going against her in battle would surely lead to defeat. This claim was not unsubstantial either, as the Empress waged war against the Holy Roman Empire for much of her reign, and every battle that she personally commanded resulted in victory. Her actions resulted in the collapse of the Holy Roman Empire and finally cemented Catharism as Europe's dominant religion. As the Holy Roman Empire was dismantled, many new independent Cathar states were created, most of which remember Empress Sança I as a national hero. One such state was the Kingdom of Swabia, which recently restored a grand monument to Sança I in their capital, Schduagert.

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sildorian Empire » Fri May 01, 2020 12:50 am

Military commanders of that calibre are uncommon. Especially so for monarchs. It's even rarer for a monarch to be skilled in both intrigue and martial matters. I'm not sure how I feel about the Holy Roman Empire being disbanded, even by France -France never had that power in real life after all, but I suppose its all in the past. Why in oblivion is Swabia Cathar though? Wouldn't it make more sense for it to go Protestant -with Cathar traits- than for it to just outright accept a generally unpopular (outside of southern France) heresy of Catholicism?

One of the aftermaths of the second Xadian War was the establishment of the Sildorian Senate. While prior to the war (and throughout said war) a clique of influential military and civilian leaders were in charge of leading the nation (chief among them the Archon, appointed for life), the sheer unpopularity of the second Xadian War and its cost on the citizenry (at least 7 Worlds were shattered by Aruz World-Crackers before it was destroyed, which was part of why the treaty ending the war was so harsh on the Aruz, and that's ignoring the loss of material and grinding of the industry in the latter part of the war) nearly brought the Empire to a revolution, before a Senate was established, which took most of the Archon's power, who became a purely elected office and outright destroyed the monopoly the Guilds held on the Empire's political system.
Sildorian Empire
Daily News: IVC Lothal enters battle with new Xadian Flagship the Dreadnought Ronthawa in Galataea. Lothal had destroyed the 3 previous Xadian flagships in battle. | Mugeya fails to crack Wrothgar Prime, forced to retreat to unknown location in Sildorian Space by the Wrothgar Fleet. IVC Pride II to be rerouted to aid in finding and potentially capturing the hostile World Cracker. | New strain of the Frontline Pox breaks out in Nodex Prime, particularly affects the Xuni thralls. Planetary government passes edict to cull Xuni population to fight the disease before it can affect Silda population.

Bellcon
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 10, 2018

Postby Bellcon » Fri May 01, 2020 5:58 am

The Senate institution remembers how people revolt to change the monopolistic political system of the nation. This may seem traumatic to some people who really witness the war, it is still a good foundation on what is the nation system in the present.

Enjoy your trip.
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF BELLCON
"Embrace Novelty"
Since 1869

A Federation of 12 States

Current Leader
Jak Roberts
Leader's stance
ForUniversal Healthcare, Small and Medium Enterprises, Education Privatization, Isolationism, Press Freedom, Capitalism
AgainstSocial Welfare, Large Businesses, Church Intervention to the State

Bellconian Lion News Archives: Click Here | Tidbit News if you're lazy to read

Nacrad
Ambassador

Postby Nacrad » Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 am

"Wow, that... that's truly impressive."

We suffered a humiliating defeat by the Haudegen Reich (Which is kil since 1968 in our universe, about when Hanna Rictler or however you spell her name died) kickstarted the militarisation of our nation. Now we possess 1 Nimitz-class and 3 Forrestal-class carriers as a nation of 161 million people, with cutting-edge munitions.
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah

Dominant Oppressors
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Fri May 01, 2020 6:11 am

Nacrad wrote:"Wow, that... that's truly impressive."

We suffered a humiliating defeat by the Haudegen Reich (Which is kil since 1968 in our universe, about when Hanna Rictler or however you spell her name died) kickstarted the militarisation of our nation. Now we possess 1 Nimitz-class and 3 Forrestal-class carriers as a nation of 161 million people, with cutting-edge munitions.

You have an impressive military indeed!

British English is the national language, however 73% of the population also speak Latin and 43% also speak German. 20.8% of the Population can still speak the former language of the Dominant Oppressorians, High Dominant Oppressorian.
My IC Character likes to collect titles, especially from foreign nations, if you would like to grant me one, you may do so here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=482842&Start=1
Titles will be granted in return and your involvement is greatly appreciated,
Thanks and may God bless you!

Only some NS Stats are canon for my nation, so better to assume they aren't rather than they are, thanks! :)

Sildorian Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sildorian Empire » Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 am

That's curious. Why the hell would three out of every four talk Latin? That language's been dead as a speaking language for centuries.

One of the aftermaths of the second Xadian War was the establishment of the Sildorian Senate. While prior to the war (and throughout said war) a clique of influential military and civilian leaders were in charge of leading the nation (chief among them the Archon, appointed for life), the sheer unpopularity of the second Xadian War and its cost on the citizenry (at least 7 Worlds were shattered by Aruz World-Crackers before it was destroyed, which was part of why the treaty ending the war was so harsh on the Aruz, and that's ignoring the loss of material and grinding of the industry in the latter part of the war) nearly brought the Empire to a revolution, before a Senate was established, which took most of the Archon's power, who became a purely elected office and outright destroyed the monopoly the Guilds held on the Empire's political system.
Last edited by Sildorian Empire on Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sildorian Empire

Greenwichian Arcadia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenwichian Arcadia » Fri May 01, 2020 1:42 pm

Kinda reminds me of the first Terran World War. Did you emerge victorious from the second Xadian War? If not and if you were humiliated by the peace treaty terms, we might expect the Senate to be overthrown by an utterly xenophobic junta (xenophobic even by your own measures!).
Some of the towns in New England states conduct a traditional annual Snowball Fight between the police and the citizens, culminating in the Assault on Town Hall. The tradition dates back to the years before the Arcadian War of Independence, as angry citizens decided to depose the loyalist mayor, while throwing snowballs and stones at the town hall. Nowadays, however, it's illegal to purposely hit someone with a stone, but snowballs are allowed. So grab a pair of gloves and get ready!
Last edited by Greenwichian Arcadia on Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
US, Canada, obscure sci-fi plus weird sports = this.
NS stats are used (for now). Population is 231M.
Refer to canon NS policies when in doubt.
Set 50 years ago with 2020 tech.
A 6/0/5/16 nation.
Intgaming
ÆEEAADS!
[free space]
What I wish is totally irrelevant, what people wish really matters.
—Nicole Greenwich, the first PotC.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives