NATION

PASSWORD

TET: What Didn't You Learn Today?

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:
The Corparation wrote:I could never fathom why people would pay 200 Dollars for shoes that they think look pretty. The most I would ever pay for shoes would be about half that, and only if they were hiking boots or climbing shoes.

Because they're fucking perfect.

I very much doubt that. But hey, your money.

Qazox wrote:
Grenartia wrote:I'm still left wondering how the hell to put together the bookcase/entertainment center...

I'll do it for $50.00, plus travel expenses... :P

Don't you know anything Qaz? You put the travel expenses part in fine print so they don't see it until after they sign!
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Grenartia wrote:I'm still left wondering how the hell to put together the bookcase/entertainment center...

I find it most beneficial to strike the assembled pile of components with a hammer and ultimately decide to store your books in a drawer.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Disserbia wrote:I'm not going to drink because I have none left. Lets not drink together!

I'm afraid I'll have to pass I just took a three second pull straight off of a bottle of bourbon and I don't believe it will be the last.

Don't hurt anyone! Oh god, the only thing I can properly chug is vodka. Bourbon hurts.
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Grenartia wrote:
Well, the main problem is figuring out the order in which the shelves and dividers go, as well as actually trying to put them together once I do so (the individual pieces are too heavy to steady with one hand, and thus, it requires two people to assemble).

Like I said Duct tape. You can jury rig something. Won't be pretty but it will work.

I don't have enough of it, unless I resort to using clear packing tape, which I don't trust.

Qazox wrote:

I'll do it for $50.00, plus travel expenses... :P

I don't have the money.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
The Corparation wrote:I could never fathom why people would pay 200 Dollars for shoes that they think look pretty. The most I would ever pay for shoes would be about half that, and only if they were hiking boots or climbing shoes.

LL Bean is where I buy my shoes. Because I can get them replaced for free every time they break.

They're all hideous no thank you.

The Corparation wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Because they're fucking perfect.

I very much doubt that. But hey, your money.

The Most Perfect Shoe In Existence.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Cu Math
Senator

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cu Math » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Because they're fucking perfect.

Unless they're ghillies made of gold and tanned orphan skin, I still don't see them as worth $200
Those who are not willing to support us are second-rate nations, but first-rate main courses.
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
From the Council of Terrible Elders
Distributor of Potato Medals
Acolyte of the NSG Sodomy Club
Requiescat In Pacem, Dyakovo. You were the best of us
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Divair's Big Guide to Proving Evolution
Atheist, Bisexual and Bagpiper
Palestinian-Scottish-American

The One And Only Duke Of The Potato

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

The Corparation wrote:I very much doubt that. But hey, your money.

I have to say those don't look comfortable at all.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:LL Bean is where I buy my shoes. Because I can get them replaced for free every time they break.

They're all hideous no thank you.

The Corparation wrote:I very much doubt that. But hey, your money.

Well, it is perfect for the occasion when you need to twerk on someone else and your name is Miley Cyrus... :P
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:48 pm

The Corparation wrote:

Or practical. My personal view on shoes is that if they are neither practical nor comfortable, they shouldn't exist.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Qazox wrote:Tell who to fuck off? Unemployment or my "job"? Because if I tell the latter that, I can't get the former... :meh:

The former, once you've done what they demand of you you need not do any more.

Oh I do.

Stupid Florida anti-unemployment laws passed in 2007, going into effect in 2010, by being explicitly overridden by the state Senate despite a 52% referendum vote against it. But since it needed to be 55% to codify it into the state constitution, and the economy wasn't heading into the shitter, the Senate passed it with 71% for. 6 months later... the economy went into the shitter, and by the time we can get the law repealed, no one will care, because we'll be back to pre-recession times again.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Disserbia wrote:Don't hurt anyone! Oh god, the only thing I can properly chug is vodka. Bourbon hurts.

We'll see how it pans out. I've become aware that I am a large man with chemically augmented resistance to pain and the natural desire to test the extent of those abilities seizes the forefront of my mind. This is around the point in the night where my whiskey allergy causes my knuckles to bleed, however I remain possessed of my faculties and will not lay my cohabitant flat with a haymaker of impeccable quality so long as that remains the norm.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:51 pm

The Corparation wrote:

Fashion is stupid 72% of the time.
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Qazox wrote:
The Corparation wrote:I have to say those don't look comfortable at all.

Fashion is stupid 72 90% of the time.

Fixed that for you.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Cu Math wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Because they're fucking perfect.

Unless they're ghillies made of gold and tanned orphan skin, I still don't see them as worth $200

Oh, they're worth $200 and more.
Also, how dare you speak the word "ghillies" in my presence?
Hideous beasts that someone had the audacity to call a shoe.

The Corparation wrote:

I think they look quite comfy. And I would wear them even if they weren't comfy.

Luziyca wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:They're all hideous no thank you.

Well, it is perfect for the occasion when you need to twerk on someone else and your name is Miley Cyrus... :P

She was wearing creepers at the VMAs... Not those...
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Christ all Friday at what point does it become socially appropriate to berate a fully grown woman for gossiping like a middle school girl about which of her confederates has gained weight?

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Qazox wrote:

Fashion is stupid 72% of the time.

:( You're stupid 72% of the time.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 pm

I think they look quite comfy. And I would wear them even if they weren't comfy.

I can't fathom willingly walking around for any period of time in uncomfortable shoes.

Des-Bal wrote:Christ all Friday at what point does it become socially appropriate to berate a fully grown woman for gossiping like a middle school girl about which of her confederates has gained weight?

I think the point at which you marry her, then it becomes Domestic Battery so no one cares. [/Terrible Joke]

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:56 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Christ all Friday at what point does it become socially appropriate to berate a fully grown woman for gossiping like a middle school girl about which of her confederates has gained weight?

Only on Eruv Yom Kippur.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Cu Math
Senator

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cu Math » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Cu Math wrote:Unless they're ghillies made of gold and tanned orphan skin, I still don't see them as worth $200

Oh, they're worth $200 and more.

:o As a piper and a man who finds your choice of shoe offensive to the fashion conscious, I ask "how dare you?!"
Good Day, Madam!
Those who are not willing to support us are second-rate nations, but first-rate main courses.
Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
From the Council of Terrible Elders
Distributor of Potato Medals
Acolyte of the NSG Sodomy Club
Requiescat In Pacem, Dyakovo. You were the best of us
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Divair's Big Guide to Proving Evolution
Atheist, Bisexual and Bagpiper
Palestinian-Scottish-American

The One And Only Duke Of The Potato

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

The Corparation wrote:

I can't fathom willingly walking around for any period of time in uncomfortable shoes.

I'll do whatever it takes for those shoes, even if it makes my feet bleed.

Disserbia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Disserbia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:57 pm

Des-Bal wrote:
Disserbia wrote:Don't hurt anyone! Oh god, the only thing I can properly chug is vodka. Bourbon hurts.

We'll see how it pans out. I've become aware that I am a large man with chemically augmented resistance to pain and the natural desire to test the extent of those abilities seizes the forefront of my mind. This is around the point in the night where my whiskey allergy causes my knuckles to bleed, however I remain possessed of my faculties and will not lay my cohabitant flat with a haymaker of impeccable quality so long as that remains the norm.

Yes, you would make a perfect drinking buddy. :rofl:
You can't spell scat fetish without catfish.
Mollary wrote:Hate and alcohol can unite most people.

Souriya Al-Assad wrote:One does not simply Mossad The Assad.

New Maldorainia wrote:Dissy likes touching my walruses.

The Blaatschapen wrote:Remember, birthdays are good for you. The more you have, the longer you'll live.
Funniest shit on this shite
fakbuk and other random shit
PC:
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.00
PS:
Right: 1.45
Libertarian: 6.22
Non-interventionist: 5.82
Cultural liberal: 2.23
PT:
democratic National Liberal
In a more sane world I'd be a moderate Republican.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Qazox wrote:Fashion is stupid 72% of the time.

:( You're stupid 72% of the time.

Nope. 71.98% of the time, now who's stupid? :P
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Cu Math wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote:Oh, they're worth $200 and more.

:o As a piper and a man who finds your choice of shoe offensive to the fashion conscious, I ask "how dare you?!"
Good Day, Madam!

Get out! You are not fashion conscious! You like ghillies!

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 pm

The Corparation wrote:I can't fathom willingly walking around for any period of time in uncomfortable shoes.

I'll do whatever it takes for those shoes, even if it makes my feet bleed.

For fuck's sakes, why can't people just be reasonable when it comes to their looks? :palm:

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:59 pm

Qazox wrote:
Torcularis Septentrionalis wrote: :( You're stupid 72% of the time.

Nope. 71.98% of the time, now who's stupid? :P

>:( Those shoes are perfect, not stupid. You're stupid for thinking perfect shoes are stupid.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives