NATION

PASSWORD

The Eternal Thread: The Eternity of Eternally Eternal

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:25 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
Think again. I did say over the last 10 years BTW. Shows relevance.

A generation of people with the attention span of toast preferring to read Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be a badge of honor?

Shows relevance. Check your premiss.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Corparation wrote:50 Shades of Grey is on the bestseller list. Clearly it should be taught in English classes alongside Shakespeare.

Sure, along Twilight and Naruto.

One Piece is the best selling manga in history though.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Sure, along Twilight and Naruto.

One Piece is the best selling manga in history though.

I bet One Piece manga's better than Atlas Shrugged.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:26 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:A generation of people with the attention span of toast preferring to read Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be a badge of honor?

So you're admitting that Atlas Shrugged is for people with no knowledge of economics or politics?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Gaveo
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Gaveo wrote:I feel left out.

Why?

Eh, don't worry about it...
Maudlnya wrote:
Gaveo wrote:I feel left out.

:hug: :kiss: awwwwww

Thank you! :hug:
Bruh.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
Think again. I did say over the last 10 years BTW. Shows relevance.

A generation of people with the attention span of toast preferring to read Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be a badge of honor?

To be honest I doubt that half the people my age have the intellect and patience to toast bread.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:One Piece is the best selling manga in history though.

It's sold over 260 MILLION copies. I'm pretty sure One Piece>Atlas Shrugged.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:One Piece is the best selling manga in history though.

Having read Atlas Shurgged and skimmed One Piece. I'd say that's a very good statement.
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I'm sure.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

And thus we need to use it as the basis for our economic policy.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Having read Atlas Shurgged and skimmed One Piece. I'd say that's a very good statement.

Having read Atlas Shrugged, anything, even a Dr. Seuss book, is better than having to wade through Ayn Rand's idiocy.
Slava Ukraini

San Leggera
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San Leggera » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:A generation of people with the attention span of toast preferring to read Atlas Shrugged is supposed to be a badge of honor?

I totally didn't read that as penis.
#JusticeForGat
Flag | CoA | Map (bigger!)
I Just Want to Sell Out My Funeral

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm

San Leggera wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

I totally didn't read that as penis.

I did. :lol2:
Bruh.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm

The Corparation wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I can imagine the main character of Atlas Shrugged in the current One Piece arc, where children were kidnapped by a mad scientist and forced to take drugs that would kill them before they reached adulthood.

"Huh? Who cares? Fuck those children. Their parents shouldn't have been poor idiots."

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:30 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Having read Atlas Shurgged and skimmed One Piece. I'd say that's a very good statement.

Having read Atlas Shrugged, anything, even a Dr. Seuss book, is better than having to wade through Ayn Rand's idiocy.

Check your premiss.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Check your premiss.

Check your spelling.

Premise.
Slava Ukraini

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Having read Atlas Shurgged and skimmed One Piece. I'd say that's a very good statement.

I can imagine the main character of Atlas Shrugged in the current One Piece arc, where children were kidnapped by a mad scientist and forced to take drugs that would kill them before they reached adulthood.

"Huh? Who cares? Fuck those children. Their parents shouldn't have been poor idiots."

I see you haven't read Atlas Shrugged

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Having read Atlas Shrugged, anything, even a Dr. Seuss book, is better than having to wade through Ayn Rand's idiocy.

Check your premiss.

Your point? Just because a book sells x amount of copies in y amount of time doesn't mean that it's good writing.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Gaveo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Gaveo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Individuality-ness wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:Check your premiss.

Your point? Just because a book sells x amount of copies in y amount of time doesn't mean that it's good writing.

Then why is Fifty Shades of- Never mind...
Bruh.

Maudlnya
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maudlnya » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Gaveo wrote:
San Leggera wrote:I totally didn't read that as penis.

I did. :lol2:

See? Not innocent at all... He is asking... No begging for sexy time :rofl:
Wait, I still exist?

Gidgetisms
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Gidgetisms » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Gidgetisms wrote: :hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss:

Much love to Melly.

my tummy hurts
Gidge's Art Hole viewtopic.php?p=13913891#p13913891
Poetry viewtopic.php?p=9776917#p9776917
Escalation complete: Lordy is my cuddly BFF

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:32 pm

Precisely.

What I find the more sad is that Rand thought Atlas Shrugged was her magnum opus. Bitch was deluded from the get go.
Slava Ukraini

The Corparation
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I can imagine the main character of Atlas Shrugged in the current One Piece arc, where children were kidnapped by a mad scientist and forced to take drugs that would kill them before they reached adulthood.

We have. In fact we actually paid attention to what she was writing.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:33 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:I can imagine the main character of Atlas Shrugged in the current One Piece arc, where children were kidnapped by a mad scientist and forced to take drugs that would kill them before they reached adulthood.

Not all of it. Funnily enough, I dropped it for a manga that is severely better in terms of storytelling.

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 pm

Nor does being taught in state schools by incompetent moochers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives