NATION

PASSWORD

Ron Pauls economic solution? A Southern Secessionist.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Yes, it does.

What happens when you come across a person who says that the paper is 2 dollars?

Kick him in the nards and run.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Zephie wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Or they don't mind paying a third of their income for wars that they never wanted.

Fixed
Ha. Good luck doing anything.
Wamitoria wrote:Or they don't mind paying a third of their income for services that they use on a daily basis.

Still waiting for a serious rebuttal.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Zephie wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:You sick the secret service on them.

Seriously, 10 American dollars printed by the US gov't will always be 10 American dollars.

The U.S government doesn't print U.S dollars.

The Department of the Treasury prints money, and they're part of the US gov't.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Yes, it does.

Not internationally, because of these sucky times, gold is on the rise in value.

NO! 10 American Dollars is always worth 10 American Dollars!

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Wamitoria wrote:
Altamirus wrote:Not internationally, because of these sucky times, gold is on the rise in value.

NO! 10 American Dollars is always worth 10 American Dollars!

10 dollars is always worth 10 dollars but a dollar isn't always worth the same.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Zephie wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:NO! 10 American Dollars is always worth 10 American Dollars!

10 dollars is always worth 10 dollars but a dollar isn't always worth the same.

Which is what I was trying to get at.

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Zephie wrote:The U.S government doesn't print U.S dollars.

Yes it does. Federal Reserve notes are printed by the US bureau of Engraving and Printing.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Banold
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banold » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Yes, it does.

Actually, if our money were based on gold or silver then the unit of measurement would be objective and standard. Meaning the value of a dollar would be it's weight in gold, which is actually what the word dollar means.

Most commodities on Earth are subject to human whim and fancies. Gold is a rare mineral in that it has value based on it's very rarity and scarcity. It's value is based on the physical amount located here on planet Earth. Not whether it's shiny and pretty.

No human can increase the amount of physical Au lying around. It's literally physically aside from human emotions. That's why it's value is innate and intrinsic.

Damn regulations! How dare the government set standards for safe food, drugs and work environments.......

Yes, precisely. It's the government's job to govern. Not run someone's business for them.

If people aren't smart enough to be informed consumers of products, then shame on them. People have the right to be self determined and if they're uninformed then that's one's choice.

I choose everyday not to eat garbage which is labelled food. I don't put the poison of alcohol or recreational street drugs into my body. I should be the person who makes decisions about me. I surely don't desire to make decisions about you.

the government should take the same position on the economy as it does with religion here in the US, and that is: KEEP OUT.
Moral Compass: Progressive Neoliberal
-1.5 on Moral Order
-6 on Moral Rules
Political Compass: Right Libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Moral Compass for a Post-Industrial World: (32,-20)
New Progressive
Center for a State-less Society:
3% Economic Rightist | 41% Anarchist | 64% Anti-Militarist | 67% Socio-Cultural Liberal | 60% Civil Libertarian
Political Test: Liberal
Cosmopolitan 6% | Secular 46% | Visonary 4% | Anarchistic 23% | Capitalistic 53% | Pacifist 7% | Anthropocentric 21%

Pronounced like a contraction of the 2 English words: "Ban" + "Old" = Banold

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Lacadaemon wrote:
Zephie wrote:The U.S government doesn't print U.S dollars.

Yes it does. Federal Reserve notes are printed by the US bureau of Engraving and Printing.

Technically yes, but

Though the printing of money is physically done by the Department of the Treasury, that agency is told by the Federal Reserve how much to print.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note
Last edited by Zephie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Banold
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Banold » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Actually the US Constitution of 1787 says the US Congress & Treasury are to print our currency.

Plus the Federal Reserve system is not of the US Federal Gov't. It doesn't answer to the people of the Republic. It's alien to the US Constitution. It's practices lead to inflation and ursury debt. Fractional Reserve banking is the antithesis of Capitalism and a truly free market.
Moral Compass: Progressive Neoliberal
-1.5 on Moral Order
-6 on Moral Rules
Political Compass: Right Libertarian
Economic Left/Right: 6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
Moral Compass for a Post-Industrial World: (32,-20)
New Progressive
Center for a State-less Society:
3% Economic Rightist | 41% Anarchist | 64% Anti-Militarist | 67% Socio-Cultural Liberal | 60% Civil Libertarian
Political Test: Liberal
Cosmopolitan 6% | Secular 46% | Visonary 4% | Anarchistic 23% | Capitalistic 53% | Pacifist 7% | Anthropocentric 21%

Pronounced like a contraction of the 2 English words: "Ban" + "Old" = Banold

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Banold wrote:
Damn regulations! How dare the government set standards for safe food, drugs and work environments.......

Yes, precisely. It's the government's job to govern. Not run someone's business for them.

If people aren't smart enough to be informed consumers of products, then shame on them. People have the right to be self determined and if they're uninformed then that's one's choice.

I choose everyday not to eat garbage which is labelled food. I don't put the poison of alcohol or recreational street drugs into my body. I should be the person who makes decisions about me. I surely don't desire to make decisions about you.

the government should take the same position on the economy as it does with religion here in the US, and that is: KEEP OUT.

:rofl:

You still live at home right?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Trolls. At least the one guy is. Ron Paul might just be stupid.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

The Corparation wrote:Trolls. At least the one guy is. Ron Paul might just be stupid.

Naww. He is old so the mind is probably failing........

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Which is what I was trying to get at.

That's what I was pointing out. Gold is inherently more stable than non mineral backed currency because it can't be mass produced and it has an actual value besides what a government says it's worth.

That and what happened to the Germans wouldn't be able to happen to us. Economy collapses, fiat money is worth nothing.

The Corparation
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Corparation » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:57 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Corparation wrote:Trolls. At least the one guy is. Ron Paul might just be stupid.

Naww. He is old so the mind is probably failing........

Seems to hit people earlier and earlier these days.
Nuclear Death Machines Here (Both Flying and Orbiting)
Orbital Freedom Machine Here
A Subsidiary company of Nightkill Enterprises Inc.Weekly words of wisdom: Nothing is more important than waifus.- Gallia-
Making the Nightmare End 2020 2024 WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of CA to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. - Prop 65, CA Health & Safety This Cell is intentionally blank.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Zephie wrote:That and what happened to the Germans wouldn't be able to happen to us. Economy collapses, fiat money is worth nothing.

Yes, Mineral money is inherently more stable.

Unless, of course, a larger amount of that mineral is present in one country over another...

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Altamirus wrote:
Zephie wrote:That and what happened to the Germans wouldn't be able to happen to us. Economy collapses, fiat money is worth nothing.

Yes, so you can say fake money caused WW2!

Free Tristania
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Tristania » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:59 pm

There went my last bit of respect for Ron Paul.... straight out the window.
Pro: True Liberty, Voluntary association, Free Trade, Family and Tradition as the Bedrock of Society
Anti: Centralisation (of any sort), Feminism, Internationalism, Multiculturalism, Collectivism of any sort (be it Left-wing or Right-wing)

Meryuma
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meryuma » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Banold wrote:
Because our money is fake. The economy is full of regulation, subsidies, manipulated markets, fractional reserve banking fraud, and taxes.

I hate all these things.

Since when are politicians good judges of those things?

The Black Forrest wrote:
Banold wrote:

:rofl:

You still live at home right?

Wow, an ad hominem on NS?
ᛋᛃᚢ - Social Justice Úlfheðinn
Potarius wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:Gravity is a natural phenomenon by which physical bodies attract with a force proportional to their mass.

In layman's terms, orgy time.

Niur wrote: my soul has no soul.

Saint Clair Island wrote:The English language sucks. From now on, I will refer to the second definition of sexual as "fucktacular."

Trotskylvania wrote:Alternatively, we could go on an epic quest to Plato's Cave to find the legendary artifact, Ockham's Razor.

Norstal wrote:Gunpowder Plot: America.

Meryuma: "Well, I just hope these hyperboles don't...

*puts on sunglasses*

blow out of proportions."

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

...so here's your future

Lacadaemon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacadaemon » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 pm

Zephie wrote:
Altamirus wrote:Yes, Mineral money is inherently more stable.

Yes, so you can say fake money caused WW2!

Quite the opposite. Pissing and moaning about the gold standard and respective bullion balances had a lot more to do with the economic chaos and resulting "hitler time" than fiat currency. Montagu Norman's absurd obsession with restoring sterling to its pre-war gold standard (along with the connivance of Benjamin Strong) was a large part of the misery that was ultimately the 30s.

Also shit banking oversight.
The kind of middle-class mentality which actuates both those responsible for strategy and government has little knowledge of the new psychology and organizing ability of the totalitarian States. The forces we are fighting are governed neither by the old strategy nor follow the old tactics.

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 pm

I just read the full article and it says nothing about Ron Paul believing in any secession or what not. This is just trying to tag him with something negative. Obviously it's working.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Altamirus wrote:

You mean like diamonds?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Zephie wrote:I just read the full article and it says nothing about Ron Paul believing in any secession or what not. This is just trying to tag him with something negative. Obviously it's working.

So what's the purpose of having that quack as a witness for the committee on monetary policy?

Zephie
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Zephie wrote:I just read the full article and it says nothing about Ron Paul believing in any secession or what not. This is just trying to tag him with something negative. Obviously it's working.

So what's the purpose of having that quack as a witness for the committee on monetary policy?

You'd have to ask Paul. He probably liked something he had to say, but when his mouth opened just crap spat out and they tried to make it sound like it's what Paul believes in.
Last edited by Zephie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jari Head
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jari Head » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 pm

:blink: Both Paul and his son are idiots but I'm not sure which is the bigger idiot.
Mr. Paul Your argument is the metaphorical equivaliant of bovine waste products.
We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff during the assault on Grenada, 1983
A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed: "To whom it may concern."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General