NATION

PASSWORD

Going to Work 90 Minutes Early

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Going to Work 90 Minutes Early

Postby SaintB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:13 pm

So I came into work today 1 and a half early; my boss and co-workers were a bit confused (so was I). Its sort of embarrassing; so NSG how have you embarrassed yourselves at work recently?
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Concurria
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Going to Work 90 Minutes Early

Postby Concurria » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Yes.

I opened my mouth. :blush:
" I stopped being Pro-choice the day my baby turned 2. At the party, he turned to me, opened his mouth, and unleashed a stream of mucus and snot that I didn't know a baby was capable of. I was gonna murder the little bugger until I realized instantly that his youth didn't justify my anger. That's when I said that regardless of my perceived incapability as a mother, I am capable, 'cuz I do know better. "

Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Yeah i sent an email to my boss when it should have been to my friend.
Needless to say my boss now knows more about my sexual habits.
:oops:

Sibirsky
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 22, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Sibirsky » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:26 pm

Not recently. My past is full of embarrassing moments at work however. I'd rather not mention them here.
Free market capitalism, path to prosperity
Свободный рынок капитализма, путь к процветанию
IBC 7 Finalists
8 Gold, 9 Silver, 2 Bronze medals IV Summer Olympics
2 Silver, 4 Bronze medals V Winter Olympics
Golfinator Classic Champion
Scott Cup I Champions
World Bowl 11 4th Place

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Twice. On a shoot on Sunday I didn't plug in my mixer to camera for two set ups. Fortunately they were hurry ups so I only wasted half an hours of work, but we were on hurry ups for a reason. Extra fortunate, this was a favor job and not a paid gig so they can only get so mad at me.

Monday driving the DP who hired me back to San Francisco from Monterey, my Bus died in front of his house (auto-chock wire fell on the generator blowing a fuse, didn't figure it out for forty minutes, after he had called AAA).
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm

came into work without pants once.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:45 pm

Picked up a pc from a clean room. didn't bother taking off my overalls, hairnet, nor mask. so imagine a blue 'housepainter' walking the hospital halls with a pc on their shoulder.

then there are the times where I keep mixing up the departments. going to twr 7 E (left) when it should be twr 7 D (right)
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Pure Metal
Envoy

Founded: Apr 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pure Metal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 am

i knocked over two or three 5 foot-high stacks of McFlurry cups when i worked at McDonald's a few years ago.... right in the front serving area, in front of a load of customers, making a massive noise and mess, with selections of the customers laughing at me. then i had to spend the next half hour picking them up still feeling soooooooo embarrassed :palm:
+19,376ish posts
Economic Left/Right: -9.13 :: Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82
Moral Order: -5 :: Moral Rules: +6.5
www.hljphotography.co.uk :: www.planetrock.com

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:12 am

drained a guy's pool cause i yanked the wrong plug as a rookie and my supervisor didn't catch it .. . and it was an inground pool too.
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General